A boutique bespoke software development company

VTS Software is a software development company founded back in 2007. We are offering a bespoke software development services covering anything from Mobile Apps,  Windows and MacOS desktop applications to a development of an enterprise grade Business Intelligence solutions . We are located in Manchester, United Kingdom but we are supporting our clients globally. VTS is a certified Silver Microsoft Partner in Application Development.

2007
Manchester, United Kingdom

Some of VTS'es clients include: Agility Business Innovation Ltd, NEPLAN AG, Speakr, ATS Heritage.

Bespoke Software Dev for Utilities Technology Firm

"All the requirements were delivered within the defined scope and timeframe."

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

VTS Software worked on bespoke software development, building both the front- and backend. They used AngularJS and C# for the Silverlight, native Android, and web app development.

Switzerland
Manager, IT Company

Any issues in the development were quickly fixed, with the team meeting the project's requirements on time and within the scope. They performed excellently throughout the project, collaborating smoothly, and demonstrating their expertize.

We develop technical software for utilities. I'm the manager of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with VTS Software?

We needed to rewrite our tool’s software code, bringing it up to new standards, and making it mobile-responsive.

They provided consultation and gave us suggestions on what were the best-practice approaches we should take. They’ve helped us determine whether we should develop for Android, using Silverlight, or using another option. They provided software development and helped us solve our issues. The main purpose of the tool is to generate simulations of gas, water, and system networks. The key features of the software are its calculation modules, which we developed internally.

They worked on Silverlight, native Android, and web application development. The development has been both front- and backend, using AngularJS, C#, and some backend technologies for database connectivity. We provided documentation to them.

We were in touch with Michael (CEO, VTS Software) in the beginning, for commercial discussions. Our main point of contact is Leszek (Director, VTS Software). The development for the mobile app prototype was done by Leszek and one other person.

How did you come to work with VTS Software?

We’ve been working with them for 3–5 years, but I don't recall how the collaboration began. We had tried one or two other providers, but it was a disaster. The collaboration with VTS Software has been very good.

The cost of their services has been around $250,000 overall.

We started working with them in October 2014. The collaboration is ongoing.

Leszek has been particularly helpful. If we have a question, we can contact him, and he will find an answer within a few hours.

Our colleagues have appreciated VTS Software enormously. The team addressed any bugs or crashes immediately. All the requirements were delivered within the defined scope and timeframe.

How did VTS Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Their performance has been excellent, from our point of view. We mainly communicate through email and also meet the team in-person. We don’t use any collaboration tools aside from GitHub.

They have extremely good know-how and are very fast.

They probably have some improvement points, but I cannot mention any at the moment. Often, the collaboration depends on the individual team members. Leszek is excellent, but they have one or two resources that are not as good.

Database Dev for Technology Solutions Provider

“They're not caught up in a big company organization, so I can get to the right people very quickly.”

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Given specific requirements, VTS built a CMS for organizing multimedia content. Devices across multiple museums and galleries need to seamlessly use the software and access the SQL database.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Mike Howie
Director, Advanced Thinking Systems

Although the final product has not been released yet, it has passed every test. If there is a problem, VTS quickly solves the issue. The team can always be contacted, and they have excellent customer service.

We're a media company that works specifically in the culture and heritage sector. I'm the Managing Director and Technical Director.

What challenge were you trying to address with VTS Software?

We needed to update the CMS in the devices we use in museums. We wanted one that was more appropriate, modern, and based around multimedia rather than just audio.

We gave VTS Software the specifications, and they started building it. I wanted something robust and portable, and they gave us the solution. We needed a database with features that we can access through our API. We’ll be loading content like images, HTML pages, audio files, etc., and we want an app on the device that we can use in the museum or gallery or wherever. They’re basically writing the backend from scratch, using an SQL database.

They have an office in the U.K., and their main director is there. They also have a team in Poland, but it’s very simple to work with them. If we have any issues, we can work directly with the UK team. It’s a pretty seamless experience.

How did you come to work with VTS Software?

We found them online, and it was between them and two other companies. I checked VTS Software’s references, and they were good, so we chose them.

Approximately $100,000.

We started working together in February 2016, and it's still going.

We haven’t finished the project yet, so it’s a bit difficult to give evidence. We’ve been building it in phases, and we’ve liked every part so far. We haven’t glued it all together, though, and we don’t have feedback from clients since they’re not using it yet. It’s still in the testing phase, but I’m really pleased with their progress.

How did VTS Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Skype, telephone calls, and emails. If any issues pop up, they immediately deal with them. They’ll come back with a proposal of how to fix it, and then they fix it.

They're not caught up in a big company organization, so I can get to the right people very quickly. I can talk to who I need to talk to without much difficulty at all.

Advice for potential customers?

They’re good at brainstorming at the front end, so give them very clear specifications right away.

They're a well-organized company.
    I've referred them before.

Software Dev for Performance Management Company

"We have 300 employees using the software that VTS built. It works without fault."

July 2015 - Ongoing

VTS Software partners with a management consultancy to provide a B2B performance management solution. The team built the main platform from scratch using variety of technologies: HTML5, LESS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, AngularJS, Telerik Kendo UI, C#, ASP.NET WebAPI, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, Microsoft Power BI.

Rowan Holland
Managing Director, Agility Business Innovation

The final software works well and has not had any crashes or faults since launch. VTS Software demonstrated a commitment to deliver quality products while adjusting to a shifting project scope. They were always responsive and available, at any time of day or night.

I am the managing director and founder of Agility. We provide B2B performance management services, mainly to manufacturing clients.  If you’re making a food product or a vehicle or whatever it may be, we record data about machines and employee performance and produce a suite of KPIs. This allows the company to measure efficiency, productivity, equipment effectiveness, and record issues and losses such as waste of materials, down time, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with VTS Software?

We needed a company that could build our main software platform.

VTS is our technology partner. The application is written using a number of different languages including HTML5, LESS, JavaScript, C#,  and T-SQL. Everything is built on a Microsoft platform. VTS is a silver-level Microsoft partner. They predominantly use Telarik components.

We had a lot to accomplish. We were working with four developers plus a tester: backend, frontend, a UI consultant, and we also had full-stack senior developer doing a lot of the coding. We communicated directly with the developers when necessary or via our designated project manager. The dynamic was positive and worked well.

I've worked with at least eight if not nine of the VTS team and each of them has been professional, hard working and provided good quality software.

How did you come to work with VTS Software?

I had experience with near-shoring, and I found that working with companies on the continent provided both cost benefits, and increased productivity. That was a big pull. I put the original job out to 10 companies. I was really impressed at the amount of effort that VTS went through before they’d even won the work. They prepared models and dug deep into trying to understand the root cause of the problem. They weren’t the cheapest option. However, they gave me confidence in what they could deliver and they challenged my assumptions to the point that I had the trust to actually move forward with them. I don’t regret the decision.

The project has been over £150,000. We’ve just signed off a new piece of work with a client today, which will be another £40k of development going into the software.

We started working together in July 2015 and the work is on-going. We plan to work with VTS for many more years.

One of our clients provides wet canned pet food to 30% of the market in the UK. They turn over about 100 million pounds and have 300 employees using the software that VTS built. It works without fault. We haven't had any serious crashes, downtimes, or outages. If you go on www.agilitybi.com, you can see what we do and there are screenshots and videos of the software.

How did VTS Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Things weren’t always completed on time, but I think that is the case with all software built in an Agile way. The scope was shifting based on what clients needed and priorities changed. Since the initial build, the last piece of work that we did was a warehouse performance management system. That was delivered on time and in full. Having a clear scope is important.

We communicate via screen sharing and even if we need them at 2:00 in the morning, they’ve been there every single time. I can’t describe how hard the team works.

I found their commitment to deliver most impressive. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they have a can-do attitude. We asked some really technical things of them and they found solutions, which isn’t always the case. I’ve been pleased with how they put things together. The quality of the software has always been good.

There have been times when costs have been a little more than I was expecting. Things overran without informing me. That’s my biggest critique of them.

Overall Score It’s a partnership. It’s not like working with a third party
    They didn’t always hit the deadlines, but it’s improved as time moved on. We don't have as much to do, basically.
    For what you get, they’re reasonable. They’re not the cheapest developers I’ve worked with, but you get what you pay for.
    The quality was excellent. I’ve worked with other vendors and VTS has gone in and updated the other companies’ work to get it to the right standard.
    They’ve done excellent work for me. The only reason I wouldn’t recommend them is because I want to keep them to myself.

Software Dev for Influencer Marketing Platform

"The cost-to-reward ratio was incredible."

3 Years

VTS Software developed an influence-predicting software platform for analytics of various campaign types. The platform allows for user login, payments, analytics, and social media integration.

Patrick Gorrell
VP Technology, Speakr, Inc.

The team created a high-quality product to last over 5 years. The platform was beautifully designed, delivered ahead of schedule, and worked on all major social media platforms. Some of the largest publishers in the world now conduct their marketing through the platform.

I am the VP of Technology for Speakr, which is based in Hollywood. Speakr is one of the leaders and founding companies within the influencer marketing space and has been marrying technology and social psychographic data with highly creative content for the biggest brands, agencies, and publishers since 2010.

With a full suite of products, Speakr is the only platform housing over five years of actionable influencer and campaign data that allows us to predict campaign performance at a near crystal ball level of accuracy. This grants advertisers the same control, scalability, and predictability of traditional media buying. With unmatched innovation and award-winning campaign creation, 90% of all Speakr campaigns over-deliver to surpass client goals and KPI expectations and empowers brands to ignite global conversations with the best content creators and most trusted voices online today.

We required a platform to manage, invite, publish, and monitor influencers and their content across multiple platforms. The platform needed to provide real-time analytics, payments, and integration with major social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.

VTS was responsible for building the original Speakr, Inc. software platform that managed hundreds of thousands of influencer profiles, content submissions, analytics, and payments.

VTS Software's work was extraordinary. The cost-to-reward ratio was incredible. They built an initial product that they maintained for the better part of 5 years.

The initial build was finished ahead of schedule and the team at VTS Software implemented a beautiful build that worked in conjunction with multiple social networks (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) to enable some of the worlds largest publishers to conduct influencer marketing in a scalable manner.

Overall Score They are a professional team that can build incredible software.
    They always delivered on time.
    It was very reasonable and affordable.
    The quality was excellent.