Full-Service Video Production

Voxity is a full-service production company based in Portland, OR. We make video content for businesses and non-profits, which is distributed online and through social media. Our core team has worked on movies and TV shows for major Hollywood studios and for brands like Coca-Cola, Nike, and Adidas.

Whether you’re trying to raise awareness about your business, fundraising for a good cause, or launching a new product, we’re ready to use our creative sensibilities to help you accomplish your goals.

Portland, OR
  • 25 NW 23rd Place, Suite 6, #225
    Portland, OR 97210

VTech, Intel, Ziba, Intel, Daimler, iovation, Liveops, Ekko Mobiles

Video Production for Bike Lock Manufacturer

"Their editing experience sticks out with respect to understanding and illustrating our message."

July - Sept. 2019

Voxity Productions produced two types of videos to combat negative online reviews. They were responsible for pre- and postproduction in addition to editing each video.

Wilsonville, Oregon
Jake VanderZanden
President, OTTO DesignWorks LLC

The videos positively impacted sales. The client was happy with the quality of the videos and how Voxity Productions understood and communicated their message. The team was skilled and flexible, making them a great partner.

I’m the founder and president of OTTO DesignWorks LLC. We make bike locks.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

We had negative reviews on our product on Amazon and YouTube. We hired Voxity Productions to produce videos that provide a more accurate story of our product.

Chris (Producer & Director, Voxity Productions) developed a storyboard and proposal for the videos. Ben (Videographer, Voxity Productions) helped me craft my story. Once all of this was approved, they shot the project, handled the postproduction and helped us upload them. They produced two types of videos.

The objective of the first video was to not be overproduced, so was a lower resolution man-on-the-street video taken on an iPhone. It was presented in a real-time sped up fashion. They produced a series of three videos using that format. The second one was a larger project of a multi-camera testimonial video.

I worked directly with Chris and Ben.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I’d known Chris for some time. He reached out to see if we had any strategic needs for 2019 so I told him our problem.

We spent north of $15,000.

We worked on the project from July–September 2019.

The quality of the videos stands for themselves, so I’m glad we did it and it was impactful to our sales. The message we’re communicating is counter to the negative reviews, so we come across as a company with a positive message. We’re tracking the number of viewers, but we’re not sure how it’s being received because it’s being viewed across several sites.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent at managing the project. They were on time and detail-oriented. Whenever we needed changes or had needs, they were open to it. I had to give very little direction during the editing process because Chris was spot on, too. We mostly communicated via email and phone.

I don’t have any issues with the work they’ve done.

Meeting Chris two years ago certainly helped my relationship, so meet with him; don’t do the whole project online.

Their work was highly impactful to our sales.

Video Production Projects for Electronics Manufacturer

"It was very impressive how they [Voxity Productions] did everything to make sure our project was successful."

2016 - Mar. 2019

Voxity Productions has provided video production services for numerous products. They collaborated with the internal team and created stock video footage, which has been integrated into product pages and ads. The review was updated by the client on May 10, 2019.

Stephanie Fazio
Advertising & Public Relations Manager, VTech

Voxity Productions was organized and easy to work with, maintaining clear and open communication. They exceeded project expectations, and their videos have received positive feedback. Unlike many other firms, they worked hard to meet goals.

I am the senior graphic designer for an electronics manufacturer. We specialize in cordless phones and baby care products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

We were looking to put together a brand video for our baby monitor products. The video needed to emphasize how these products enhance the lives of our customers and show the benefits offered by our products without getting too much into the details.

Initially, I had supplied them with some background information, a general idea of where we wanted to go with the video. They handled every phase of production, from pre-production all the way through the completion of the video. They prepared the script, storyboards, casting, everything. It was great.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I had been looking online and found they were a local company. I contacted them and requested an estimate. They prepared a very extensive bid and proposal based on the research that I had given them which was appreciated. They went above and beyond in my eyes. From the onset, Voxity really fleshed out how they saw the video project coming together, which was great.

How much have you invested with Voxity Productions?

That is confidential.

This video project is complete, but we are currently engaging with Voxity on other potential projects.

It’s relatively new but all of the feedback has been positive. Internally, our people saw the benefit of the video. We’ve just started to send it out to support our products, so we don’t have specific information yet. We’ll likely be getting that in the coming months. Based on the reaction of everyone in our company thus far, I anticipate nothing but positive feedback.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. Voxity was on top of everything and I couldn’t have asked for anything better. They were very organized and identified key dates throughout the process. It was very easy to collaborate with them. Everyone was on the same page and we knew everything going on at any given time so things went smoothly.

What did you find most impressive about Voxity Productions?

It was very impressive how they [Voxity Productions] did everything to make sure our project was successful. They accommodated all of our requests and put forth a lot of creativity. Throughout the process, they went above and beyond with any challenges that came up. Everything was more than I could’ve expected. It was excellent.

Are there any areas Voxity Productions could improve?

No. It was perfect.

Updated Review

This review was updated on May 10, 2019 by the client (a new respondent). New content is below.

I’m the U.S. advertising and public relations manager for VTech Communications. We focus on consumer and B2B communication electronic devices, including residential phones, baby monitors, and conferencing devices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

We needed a partner to manage our video production projects.

Voxity Productions has worked on various projects, ranging from stories about our baby monitors to use case scenarios for our business products. Each time, they collaborated with us on project ideas and then found all of the talent to finish the job. They created stock video footage for our consumers products, highlighting certain features or benefits of the products in real interactions. Our in-house team then integrated those clips into product videos, which are live on retailer’s product pages.

We had one main contact but worked with both of the owners.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

We’d scoped out our project and sent requests to various local agencies we knew we wanted to work with. We reviewed the companies that responded, and Voxity Productions was responsive, had a good idea, and met our budget, so we hired them.

We worked with them from 2016–March 2019.

Their videos are high quality and professionally present our products with a cohesive brand image. We can easily trim down the video lengths, if needed, and we’ve even used them as video advertising across multiple platforms, including YouTube. They’re our go-to studio when we need video production services.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

Once we submitted a request, they quickly put together a project schedule.  They used Basecamp, which made it easy to see what they were working on and what we needed to complete. The owner fostered a transparent workflow and was always available and responsive, answering questions within 24 hours.

They made our products look professional but also relatable, especially with the more technical business products. They worked hard to meet our goals and provided excellent services. If you haven’t ever worked with a video agency, Voxity Productions is great because they’re involved, collaborative, and easy to work with.

I don’t see any areas they could improve. We’ve worked with them on seven projects, and I’d continue to work with them. They’ve been a great partner.

Be flexible and trust their process and expertise. They’ll improve your project, if you let them.

Overall Score I've worked with a lot of different vendors, and they’ve been great.
    They were able to meet deadlines.
    The quality was excellent. The final product looked beautiful.
    I feel they were able to handle any challenge that we encountered.

Video Production for a Real Estate Development Firm

"If we ever have a similar project, Voxity Productions will be my first call."

Mar. - Aug. 2018

Voxity Productions created a video used to highlight the renovation of a historic building to increase leasing interest. The video showcases the building’s charm and accessibility via public transportation.

Peter Skei
Project Manager, Partner, Specht Properties

The video received promising feedback, a result of Voxity Productions’ creative sense and ideation process. Their team met all scheduling benchmarks and delivered a product that met all expectations. Their thoughtful guidance fostered an easy-going and hassle-free engagement.

I am a project manager and partner at Specht Properties, a real estate development firm in Portland, Oregon. We typically develop industrial and office projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

We redeveloped a historic building in Portland's Pearl District. Once we completed the renovation, we did not have any leasing activity to speak of. We were exploring new tools to get the project in the market and spur leasing activity. We hired Voxity Productions to create a video to accomplish this goal.

We hadn’t done a video like this before, so we relied on their expertise to develop the concept and put it in motion. We tasked Voxity Productions with producing a video that demonstrated the renovations and illustrated the benefits of the building. The video was going to be used to showcase the historic character of the building and highlight the various transportation modes that make the building accessible. There was no scripting involved, but we added some creative graphics and motion elements. There were some outdoor elements to the video, so we had to work around the occasional weather challenges.

I interfaced primarily with the principal of the firm for our day-to-day tasks. On the day of the shoot, I communicated with a videographer and a drone operator.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I have known the principal there for a while, and when this project arose, he was top of mind. Their previous work embodied the quality and style we sought. A firm in the Seattle area also recommended Voxity to me for this project.

We spent approximately $20,000.

We worked together from March–August 2018.

We received positive feedback from the brokerage community and various people in the industry that we’ve shared the project with.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They met the schedule and the expected timelines that were outlined in the contract and in various meetings. They provided us with drafts of their work throughout the engagement, and they were flexible regarding our internal feedback processes that include several layers of approval.

We haven't done a video like this in the past, so I don't have experience working with other groups on this kind of product. But overall, I feel great about the experience. If we ever have a similar project, Voxity Productions will be my first call.

No, they were easy to work with. They mitigated all possible challenges or frustrations that might come up in a project like this.

I would recommend working with them, especially to companies that are unfamiliar with the video production process.

They never missed a deadline.
    I don't have a broad frame of reference, but we feel good about the value.
    We received the product that we expected and hoped for.
    I would recommend them without hesitation.

Video Production for Call Center Services Company

"They're the easiest video vendor I've ever worked with."

July - Dec. 2017

Voxity produced and edited b-roll and 2 scripted videos to help address the storyline challenges for a call center services provider. Their team also provided color, audio, music, and motion graphics services.

Heidi Tretheway
Director of Brand and Marketing Communications, Liveops

Voxity's videos appear unscripted and authentic, triggering an emotional response from viewers. Their work is part of a brand overhaul to move away from stock imagery and portray real, impactful stories. The team's choice of music and graphics were spot on in the first iterations of each project.

My name is Heidi Tretheway and I'm the Director of Brand and Marketing Communications for Liveops, Inc., which provides virtual, on-demand, domestic agents for call center services (i.e., customer service and sales).

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

We needed 2 main videos that could address 2 different storylines: the way our staff is portrayed to customers and the way a typical agent's lifestyle could be told to potential hirees.

Typically in this business, a VP in customer service will reach out to a third party call center to purchase a few hundred people who are seated in a large building. By contrast, we offer a virtual workforce of 20,000 domestic agents. Since most of these agents work from home, we needed to portray them in a way that created greater confidence with the customer in terms of their skillset, professionalism, customer service abilities, and attention to security.

We also wanted to speak to prospective agents who might want to join our company and show them that this was a viable, legitimate work-from-home opportunity. We wanted this video to portray the daily life of an agent and the type of flexible lifestyle we could offer them.

One of Voxity's first projects involved shooting b-roll aimed at capturing what a home office looks like. We wanted to make sure this challenged any negative perceptions of someone who might be working remotely. In order to make it authentic, we used my real home office as well as some vignettes of an acting agent sending her kids off to school, walking down the stairs as the entirety of her commute, and sitting down at her desk, putting on her headset, and planning out her hours for the week.

The second set of main services Voxity provided was editing the 2 videos. They prepared and cut together multiple shots based off of the script we provided, correcting the color and audio as needed.

We generally had a single point of contact, Chris, which helped make all communications seamless.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I had searched for vendors through Google and asked around locally. I wanted a vendor in Portland, so that we'd be able to have more face time. After looking at Voxity's portfolio online, I felt that their artistic, documentary style lent itself well to the types of videos we were hoping to create. I had specific requests (i.e., shallow depth of field, rolling focus, natural like, etc.) to ensure that the videos wouldn't feel like stiff, crafted ads.

We invested about $11,000.

We worked with them from July to December, 2017, and plan on working together again in the future.

When we showed an early screening of the prospective agent video during our company kickoff in mid-December, some of our staff actually teared up. The video had such an emotional impact on our team.

We're now moving it onto our main website as a main focal point. We're also using an auto-play video of some of the b-roll Voxity shot in the background on the home page and “About Us” section. We're really excited and hopeful for the impact that the videos will have.

Voxity's videos have become part of our brand strategy to move away from stock photography and present the real people behind our work. Their team's ability to edit the video in a way that portrays warmth and professionalism is fantastic. It doesn't look scripted. It really shows through that these agents are real, and that what we're presenting is authentic.

I'm making plans to work with them again. I have a couple of different scripts in the works that I'd like to have edited from additional footage to scatter through our website, since they literally hours worth of great footage leftover.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They were on top of it every step of the way. They had great communication. When something wasn't quite working, they were great at coming up with solutions and providing feedback.

They communicated mostly through Basecamp, which I found easy to follow. Having one main project management contact also made things easier.

They delivered not only on budget and on time, but ahead of time, which allowed me to show the videos early at our company kickoff.

What I appreciate most is the fact that they get it right the first time. Based on my experience with other vendors in the past, I was expecting there would be more babysitting involved. I expected to have dozens of edit requests after seeing initial cuts of the videos, but we ended up only having a few minor adjustments. Their choice of music was spot on and their motion graphics were exactly what I was looking for. They're the easiest video vendor I've ever worked with.

There's nothing Voxity could have done better. On our end, however, we faced some challenges that set the project back slightly, including a major change in leadership at our company.

I also wished that I had booked more of Voxity's time in retrospect. I'd like more editing time to produce more videos from all of the content they collected. Once I saw how well they performed, I was ready to come back for more.

Overall Score I had an incredible experience with them. I was surprised by how well it all went.
    They were easy to schedule and had enough availability to coordinate on what I needed.
    They definitely deliver on value for cost compared to competitors.
    The videos turned out to be even better than I had originally envisioned.
    I'm thoroughly impressed by them.

Video Production for Kickstarter and Brand Videos

"I've effectively used the video as a sales tool."

Feb. - Apr. 2015

Voxity produced multiple videos for an online printing and framing company. Deliverables included script revisions, filming, editing, scoring, and animation.

Michael Malone
CEO, Livestock Printing and Framing

The videos have been an important marketing tool in selling the site to individuals and organizations with online galleries. The team’s ability to blend the artistic side with the business side is imperative to their success.

My name is Michael Malone and I’m the founder and CEO of Livestock Framing, an online professional photo framing service. There's also a platform that gives artists the ability to maintain their own online gallery and sell their work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

I’d just launched the company, and wanted a high-end video as part of my initial marketing push. As a strictly online company, a video felt like the best way to convey a sense of quality of the custom printing and framing services.

I worked with a separate branding company that helped create the script and the storyboard. Voxity came in and worked with them to refine both before beginning filming. They did all the filming, editing, music, and animation.

The first video they did was created specifically for a Kickstarter campaign. They created a second version by editing out all references to Kickstarter, which allowed me to use it on the website.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I actually went to high school with Chris [Farrington, co-owner, Voxity]. When I started thinking about doing a video, he was the first person I contacted. I didn't consider any other company because I was confident they were able to deliver.

I spent about $18,000.

We worked together from February–April 2015.

Anecdotally, the feedback on the video is universally positive. I've effectively used the video as a sales tool to market the site to artists and other institutions that maintain an image library.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. They were always very responsive, on time, and really owned the process.

They are a terrific combination of creativity and business savvy. A lot of other agencies emphasize the creative to the detriment of timelines and deliverables. Voxity brings the desired level of creativity, as well as a level of professionalism is unique.

No, not really. It was a seamless experience.

If you come to the table with very little experience in video, their production team can take the lead and guide the entire project.

Scheduling was a breeze, and everything was on time.
    Could have done it for less, if I sacrificed some quality.
    I really have no complaints.
    I would be very comfortable recommending them.

Video Production for Clothing Retailer

"They [Voxity Productions] are incredibly professional, accommodating and easy to work with."

Voxity Productions was hired to develop a video to help attract new customers.

Lynn Medoff
President, Lena Medoyeff Studio

The client has gotten an enormous amount of feedback from both new customers and existing customers about how much they liked the video. They appreciated how professional and easy to work with Voxity Productions was. They made the client feel like they cared about the work they were doing.

Lena Medoyeff Inc. is the corporation for my retail store which is Lena Medoyeff Studio. I design, manufacture, and produce a line of women’s clothing out of fair trade silks that are made here in Portland, Oregon. I am the President and Owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

The challenge was trying to reach out to new customers and letting them know what we do, what our story is, and what makes us different.

They were creating a video. They were amazing and made it so simple. I wasn’t really sure what to do or how the process works, and they just made it so easy from beginning to end. They gathered information from me and helped me translate it to communicate it to the market that we were looking to reach. It was great. I felt like I didn’t have to do anything. They didn’t tell me to write a script. They were able to bring out what I needed to say by asking me questions.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I first met Chris. I loved the concept of their business, their level of professionalism and experience, and what their mission was. I really appreciated that as well.

How much have you invested with Voxity Productions?

The video was under $10,000.

The projects are complete but I would definitely do a refresh on what we did in the future. Our concept hasn’t really changed and our message hasn’t changed since I worked with them, but if things evolve in the future and there’s another message I want to get out there, I would definitely approach them for that project.

I don’t have any measurable metrics, but I can tell you that we have had an enormous amount of feedback from new customers and our old loyal customers who have seen the video, and they really appreciate knowing more about our story. It helps them understand our product, what we’re doing, and it helps them get to know us better. They did a beautiful job of communicating what I wanted to communicate and it has resonated with our client population, as well as with other people who just come in and say they saw the video and went, “We really appreciate what you’re doing.” It’s been great.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

They [Voxity Productions] are incredibly professional, accommodating and easy to work with. I can’t say enough. They were able to meet the deadlines and were very flexible if something came up. I’m an only parent of a fairly young child, and when things came up and we’d have to switch things around, they were amazing.

What did you find most impressive about Voxity Productions?

It was such an easy experience - such a smooth and professional experience and they really seem to care about what they’re doing as well. It has meaning. They have their background experience in fine art and working in the film industry. They really brought all those skills to what they’re doing independently and then also their desire to please their clients and do a thorough and professional job. It’s so appreciated. I can’t say enough.

Are there any areas Voxity Productions could improve?

No. They’re doing an amazing job.

Overall Score I come back to them being incredibly professional in their execution and incredibly thoughtful in the process.
    They did everything on time or before. They were professional.
    The work that they produced was so beautiful and professional. It was amazing.
    They did everything that they said they were going to do and more.

Video Production for Employment Lawfirm

"Voxity Productions was very organized, they were on time, and they were prompt."

Voxity Productions was hired to develop a video to help personalize their law firm.

Coni Crone
Marketing Manager, Bullard Law

Since the development of the video, the client has seen their website traffic increase. People who have watched the video have really enjoyed it. The client appreciated Voxity's project management and how organized they were.

I am the marketing manager of Bullard Law. Our law firm specializes in labor and employment law, as well as employee benefits.

What challenge were you trying to address with Voxity Productions?

Our firm needed to be out in the marketplace and seen as a tech-savvy company. We’re always trying to be fresh and innovative. The challenge was that I wanted to personalize our attorneys. Our firm has 24 attorneys, and sometimes they come across as not personable. I had witnessed other companies that had video footage on their websites. Seeing people talking about their business on video just humanized the companies. The videos were very different from the usual image of a stoic attorney.

It was very much a collaboration with Voxity. They interviewed us to figure out the message that we wanted to portray. At first, we were not sure about what we wanted. On my part, I knew I wanted a video around 3 to 4 minutes long. Voxity came back and told me that was too long and that people won’t like that length. They gave me statistics that showed we would lose viewership if it was too long. But Voxity assured us that we needed to shorten the video, giving us samples of other businesses that were similar to ours. That really helped sell it. They gave us a list of 6 to 8 questions for us to consider. Each of the participants did that. They were able to expand on those questions during the interview process, which was filmed. It was helpful that Voxity didn’t script the answers, just the questions.

How did you come to work with Voxity Productions?

I’ve wondered that too. I think I came across them through the legal marketing association, but I’m not 100% sure that’s accurate. It was a referral from somewhere, and I imagine it was one of my associations.

How much have you invested with Voxity Productions?

We have spent $10,000 on the project with Voxity Productions.

Voxity Productions completed the project about a year ago. We began working together about 4 to 5 months before production started. I can’t tell you specifically when it was. It took us 4 to 5 months to go through the process, but that was on our end. We have a meeting in October to talk about rehiring them.

We’ve seen our website numbers go up generally. But since we’re also more active in social media, I have a hard time attributing it fully to the video. Those are tough numbers to quantify. I don’t think it has hurt. We have shared the video at our annual seminar, where we have 500 to 600 attendees, and they enjoyed it very much.

How did Voxity Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was much better than anticipated. We couldn’t be happier. They made me look like a star, which is hard to do with 24 attorneys.

What did you find most impressive about Voxity Productions?

Voxity Productions was very organized, they were on time, and they were prompt. They knew how to lead my leaders and make everybody comfortable, which is hard to do. People don’t like videos and being in front of the camera. They were able to put people at ease and make them forget that they were actually in front of the camera, which was nice. And they made them look good. It was interesting. We’ve got good-looking people, but Voxity really made them look good with the lighting and setting. They were able to take control and not make people feel pushed into a corner. Everyone was very at ease.

Are there any areas Voxity Productions could improve?

Not at all. Like I said, we want to bring them back in and renew our engagement. We would definitely use them again in a heartbeat.

They were always on time, and they always met their deadlines.
    I don’t know what else I would give them. I have no complaints, but I can’t quantify things.
    The quality of their work was beautiful.