Meaningful Stories.

Storytelling via film and video is one of the most powerful forms of communication in the modern era. The most compelling stories, on the right channels, at the right frequency can create a nearly limitless number of super-fans with a real passion for your brand, both internal and external.

Votary is a team of storytellers using the craft of filmmaking to accelerate holistic growth for our partners. We are passionate about moving people through meaningful stories.

2007
Worcester, MA
  • 38 Harlow St., Suite 28
    Worcester, MA 01605

US Army, MIT, Fidelity Investments, Tufts University, American Heart Association, Harvard Business, PWC, Reebok, Boys and Girls Club, Concordia

Votary 2019 Reel

Our Reel!

AFH + Reebok

This Lazworld collaberation between Artists for Humanity and Reebok resulted in increased brand attention for both brands thanks to Lazworld's video productione expertise.

HXA - Animated Explainer

Heterodox Academy is a non-partisan group promoting opening communication in the university. Lazworld provided a video animation that brought more attention to their vital cause.

A docu-series in Puerto Rico

A Brand Story for Worcester Community Action Councel

A brand story for an eyeglasses brand and optometrist.

A transition story for an awesome construction company.

Harpoon Event Highlight

Every year Harpoon Brewery holds a 5 Miler to raise money for the fight against ALS.

Norton Grinder Spot

A comercial for Norton Grinder Combo Wheel.

Xtrac Explainer

Extrac is a Fidelity company designed to show errors and bottlenecks in automation processes.

Rowville Brand Story

A brand story about a company in Australia that makes thje worlds best horse trailers.

A brand story for Oden Technologies.

A Verbling Story - Rebecca & Lias

A story from within Verbling about a teacher and a student.

Precision Heating & Cooling

an HVAC Brand Story.

This piece was made to show the initiatives being taken by the US Army to enhance soldier performance through nutrition.

16 Personalities: The Advocate

Our client 16 Personalities wanted a short film which showed some general characterizations of their "Advocate" type.

Alira Health

A brand story for Alira Health.

AngioVac - A Patient Perspective

Groundskeeper Brand Story

A brand story for commercial landscaper, Groundskeeper.

Raimonds Movers

A brand story for a moving company

JUST ONE DIME - Episode 2

Episode 2 of 6 in a mini series about an entrepreneur family in Austin TX.

Tuna Wars Sizzle Reel

A TV show pitch sizzle

A brand story for Concierge Homes.

Motion Graphics Ad

Short mogrpah political spot

A Brand Story for a startup

Boys and Girls Club

A docu-promo

WHA more than Housing

Testimonial Video Production for Carpentry Shop

"Votary Films seemed like a working family. They clearly looked out for each other and knew each other well."

Oct. - Nov. 2016

Votary Films created a promotional video and two client testimonial videos for a woodworking contractor. They handled end-to-end production, from videography and shooting on location to editing and sound.

Northbridge, Massachusetts
Everett Andrews
Owner, EA Custom Millwork

The three-week project resulted in high-quality videos that helped the client build trust with its customers. Votary Films led a seamless, laid-back process while maintaining a high level of professionalism and strictness. Their expertise and experience stood out.

I’m the owner of EA Custom Millwork, a woodworking contracting company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Votary Films?

We hired Votary Films to create a promotional video and a few testimonials.

Votary Films interviewed two of my clients as well as myself for the videos. They made my clients and I feel at ease in front of the camera. They shot footage with me on-site and at their studio, and they filmed each client interview at the clients’ homes. Votary Films handled every aspect of production, including location shoots, videography, editing, and music selection. They also trained one of my employees in photography.

I worked with Jed (Executive Producer, Votary Films), Michael (Director of Sales, Votary Films), and Jamin (Editor & Cinematographer, Votary Films).

How did you come to work with Votary Films?

I met Michael at a business expo, and he contacted me 3–4 times for almost a year after the show. That was his approach to developing our relationship, which is something I do with my clients. I finally connected with Votary Films for this project, and it was a great experience.

We spent about $10,000–$25,000.

The project ran between October and November 2016.

The videos have had a great influence on my business. I use them to build trust in new client relationships. By the time we meet face-to-face, my clients feel like they already know me. That extra connection helps us cross those thresholds into a working relationship.

It was a chill and professional atmosphere throughout the entire project. Votary Films was serious about their craft, but they could still joke around, which put me at ease. I was so happy with their work that I recommended them to my clients and colleagues, two of which have since become Votary Films clients.

How did Votary Films perform from a project management standpoint?

It was a quick turnaround. From the time we shook hands and signed a contract, I started to see progress right away. It took about three weeks to gather the footage, edit it, add audio, and ask for my input. Since I run a contracting service, I’m very comfortable with coordinating people, but not so much for video production. Votary Films really stepped in and took over all of that for me.

Votary Films seemed like a working family. They clearly looked out for each other and knew each other well. They traveled a lot as a team, and it showed in their relationship dynamic. I also appreciated the laid-back atmosphere in their office. At one point, when I was visiting Jed, I remember one of their employees was getting frustrated at his desk with a creative block of some sort. He got up, picked up a guitar, and strummed a short tune to get back into the flow. Nobody flinched—it was perfectly normal to them.

No, I can’t think of anything they could do better. The Votary Films team truly is made up of masters at their craft.

Trust in the process and stick to your vision. Jed and his team will take the information a client has and turn it into an amazing finished product.

They did exactly what they said they were going to do for the price we agreed upon.

Brand Video Production for Emerging Tech Startup

"They worked hard to make the video exactly what we wanted, which we really appreciated."

Nov. 2017 - Jan. 2018

Votary Films was hired to produce a brand story video for an emerging tech startup. They filmed on-site interviews with key internal teammates and got footage of relevant sections of the business.

People Operations Manager, Emerging Tech Startup

The video satisfied expectations and brought the client’s vision to life. The video is shared across several online platforms, too. As a partner, Votary Films was trustworthy, insightful, and skilled because of their willingness to incorporate feedback into their work.

I’m the people operations manager for a technology startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Votary Films?

The major project we hired Votary Films for was to develop a brand story video for us. We wanted it to capture the essence of who are as a company and what our mission is. Our goal was also to give some insight into what things are like internally.

Votary Films did some on-site filming in our office. They spoke to our co-founders and other members of the team. Our hardware lab was showcased, which is where a lot of our engineering and product work is done. The office space and interior was displayed, showing how collaboration happens within the company. All of this combined to share our company vision and mission in the video.

Around 2–3 people were involved in the project. A few videographers were on-site, but I’m not sure if they handled the rest of the production process.

We spent between $10,000–$25,000 on their services.

The project ran from November 2017–January 2018.

The video was really high quality. We used the video on our website, our careers page and other online platforms to share with our audience. It fully captured our team and the spirit of our office in a way that we’re proud to showcase. The end product was great.

How did Votary Films perform from a project management standpoint?

Throughout the process, they were good at sharing their progress on the video and being receptive to any of our requests for changes or feedback. Everything was done in a timely manner. If there were any delays, it was because we were picky on our side.

They worked hard to make the video exactly what we wanted, which we really appreciated. We didn’t have a concrete idea of what we wanted when we entered the project, but they were still able to make it come to life. They provided guidance throughout the process and knew how to create the brand story. Their expertise helped tackle the challenge and produce the result that we wanted.

No, there’s nothing I can think of that they could improve.

Be open with them about your vision. If you talk everything through with them, they’ll help get you the product you want.

Video Production for Landscape & Snow Management Company

“They create powerful finished products, and their work is almost magical.”

Jan. - July 2017

Votary Films completed various video projects for a landscaping company. They captured live examples of winter and summer services in extreme conditions, interviewed key executives, and edited each asset.

Ashland, Massachusetts
Peter Dion
VP & GM, GroundsKeeper

The videos capture the context of the work and are still relevant two years later. Votary Films understood the emotion behind the brand’s mission, and they came up with creative solutions.

We are a full-service landscape and snow management company. We offer our services to commercial, condominium, development, and some residential customers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Votary Films?

We needed help as our company shifted from an older model to a newer one. We wanted to tell our company's story as we redefined our target audience.

There were two key elements of the project. The first was their videography to capture live examples of our services. The two stories we told focused on our winter work and our summer work. We went out with a video crew from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight during a blizzard to capture our process. We also interviewed the business owners to find out more about the history of the company and our mission.

On the video side, we had one lead who did the still photos and the B-roll. He had one assistant, and one or two people ran aerial drone shooting. I'm not sure how many people they assigned to the editing and production side of things.

How did you come to work with Votary Films?

I met them at a landscape show. We chatted, and I decided I wanted to create a video that showed our work. Votary was the only firm that understood what we were trying to accomplish, and they made useful recommendations.

We spent around $22,000 for their services.

We worked from January-February 2017 for the winter video and from June-July 2017 for the summer video. We did one shoot in the late spring that we bagged because we weren't happy with the scenery.

I explained who we are at the start, and they captured everything in the first draft. The results were timeless and emotional. They got the context almost within a single take, and we were completely blown away. None of us expected how great it would be, and the content is still as relevant now as it was two years ago. They had an easy manner and made people comfortable. We were fortunate to have them, and they guided us through the whole process. For us, $22,000 was a lot of money, but we got so much value from their work. It's told our story thousands of times.

How did Votary Films perform from a project management standpoint?

We couldn't have asked for better project management, especially during the winter shoot. They were creative, and they worked well through the ordeal of shooting and driving between locations in blizzard conditions.

We've just engaged with them to continue to frame who we are in the market. They understand the emotion behind a story, and they really build those connections with our audience. They create powerful finished products, and their work is almost magical.

Our main contact was the best interviewer. Another team member tried to interview our owner, but they didn't have the same connection. We had to make sure the personalities fit, and they adjusted immediately.

Have a framework for what you're trying to do, then educate them and support them in a way that helps them understand your business. You will get back what you put in, so meet them halfway.

I've recommended them twice already.

Marketing Videos for Abrasives Manufacturing Company

"The visual style and feeling they get in their videos is great."

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Votary Films created a cinematic-style marketing video to highlight the features of a new product. Working off a basic script, they handled all camerawork, editing, and production.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Worcester, Massachusetts
Matt Perkins
Digital Media Specialist , Norton | Saint-Gobain Abrasives

Votary Films' video received high praise from stakeholders. The marketing campaign was successful and grew brand recognition. Their team was very communicative and discussed all aspects of video production. They were able to add drama and excitement through their visual style and quality production.

I am the digital media Specialist at Norton | Saint-Gobain Abrasives. We are a global manufacturing company, but Norton specifically focuses on abrasives: sand paper, grinding wheels and more..

For what projects/services did your company hire Votary Films?

Our first project with Votary was a marketing video to highlight a new grinding wheel we were releasing. We wanted something visually exciting and with higher production value than what we had previously produced. I was looking for a cinematic look and their samples looked like they were aligning with my vision.

To highlight a product in a flashy, exciting manner, as opposed to a training and very technical sense. This was pure marketing and meant to get the audience excited about the upcoming product release.

I found them through Thumbtack at the time, an online service that I sometimes would use to search for vendors.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Our biggest struggle when filming videos is finding a set to film in. Votary said their building might be a god fit, since we were looking for something industrial looking. I wrote a basic script/storyboard to follow along and was on set during the shoot to help direct and produce. The camera crew was great to work with and Jed had some great ideas to add throughout the process. They were able to shoot, light and supply a shooting space that really made out product, and talent, stand out and shine. Votary even came out our office and helped transport a bulky and heavy sign we wanted to use and bring it to the set.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

I worked directly with the editor throughout the process mainly through email, which is easy to do and I prefer, in order to keep all discussions in writing. This also lets the editor be creative on their own without someone looking over their shoulder. They were quick to edit when receiving feedback and sharing the edits through vimeo.

Everyone at Norton was blown away at the production value and cinematic look of the video. It is still mentioned constantly, even 2 years later. It was one piece of our successful marketing campaign that supported the launch, and high sales of, our Norton Quantum 3 discs.

Everyone was easy to communicate with. Setting the shoot up and discussing the overall project with the owner - and through production and editing, the workflow was handled well.

The visual style and feeling they get in their videos is great. They are able to add drama and excitement to products that normally don't get that type of treatment. With my videos, I always try to hit am emotional chord with the viewer. Votary was able to take the vision I had in my head and turn bring it to fruition.

Preproduction can always be stressful leading up to the shoot, so if I were to ask for anything more, it would be additional input or even brainstorming sessions between the Votary team and the Norton marketing team - but in the end each project has turned out great and the end result is always something we knew we would be proud to share.

Overall Score Great team to work with and great end results.
    Easy as I would reach out directly with the owner on all scheduling.
    Their rates reflect the end result. You will receive a high-end video.
    Always produced high-end cinematic looking work for us and the turn-around time was always pretty quick.
    I would refer them to anyone that wants high production value and is realistic about putting an appropriate budget behind their expectations.

Video Production for Heating and Cooling Company

"The work they produced was unique—it was very organic and original which made the final product incredible."

June - July 2017

Votary Films produced a video for a heating and cooling company. They filmed scenes on-site, performed taped interviews, and cut together the final video.

Grafton, Massachusetts
Tim Matatall
President, Precision Heating and Cooling

The final video was impressive, exceeding original expectations and leading to solid engagement on social media and the business’ website. Votary Films was an innovative partner, bringing creative ideas and carrying out a project that accurately conveyed the business’ brand.

I’m the owner of Precision Heating and Cooling.

What challenge were you trying to address with Votary Films?

We hired Votary Films to help us display our brand story and give our customers more insight into who we are and the services we provide.

We started with a kickoff meeting to discuss my business and lay out what we were hoping to achieve. From there, Votary Films assigned two videographers to come out to one of our jobs and film throughout the day. They captured footage of our technicians and installers on the job, as well as interviews with me. To finish, they edited the film, adding the sound and cutting the scenes together.

I worked with about 2–3 people from Votary Films. Jed (Executive Producer, Votary Films), Mike (Director of Sales, Votary Films) and an assistant helped with the whole film.

How did you come to work with Votary Films?

I found them through a referral. I have a mutual friend with Jed, so after speaking with him and learning about what Votary Films did, we chose them to help us.

We’ve spent between $5,000–$10,000 on the project.

We worked together from June–July of 2017.

They did an awesome job and exceeded our expectations. They told my story even better than I could, which was my ultimate goal in the project. We use the video on our website, so sometimes I direct customers to it so they can better understand our brand. We also share it on social media, which always gives us great responses from users.

How did Votary Films perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great at managing the project. We received regular updates from their team, so I always knew what to expect with the timeframe. If there were any setbacks, they let me know. Overall, the entire project was executed really well by the Votary Films’ team.

The work they produced was unique—it was very organic and original which made the final product incredible. I felt very comfortable working with them throughout the whole project.

Overall, we were very satisfied so I can’t think of anything for them to improve.