Web and Mobile design and development

Volpis is Ukrainian based Software development company whose priority is quality. Our team of 25 includes iOS and Android developers as well as UI/UX designers, QA and Project Managers.

🌟 Why us

- Care about relationships. “Clients for life” and “sameboat” approach

- Close collaboration - the more you're involved the better the result is

- Deliver 101% result with Agile

- Dedicated project managers and transparent delivery tracking to maintain ongoing feedback

- The full-cycle development course, from planning to QA and incremental improvements

🌟 Company Profile

- Providing development services starting from 2014

- 25+ team members and keep on growing

- Leading Software Development Agency on Clutch in 2018

🌟 Services:

- Mobile App Development (Android and iOS)

- MVP Development

🌟 Tech Stack:

- Android: Java, Kotlin

- iOS: Objective-C, Swift

- Backend: Java, Node.js

🌟 Business models we can go with to comply with your project specifics:

- Time and material (you pay exactly for the time spent on delivery)

- Fixed price (we estimate the project scope and give definitive cost numbers)

- Dedicated team (our engineers get embedded into your team for the project timeframe and adopt your corporate culture)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Tallinn, Estonia
  • Harjumaa, Tallinn linn, Tuukri tn 19-216, 10152
    Tallinn, 37 10152
    Estonia

Pinpoint

Whatever the project you are running, whether it's a super yacht, a residential property or even a school, you will find things to be fixed on a daily basis. By incorporating your interactive site plan, Pinpoint Works allows you and your team to identify exactly where your problems lie, keeping on top of your worklists and helping to manage your project more efficiently.

Get it on Google Play -&nbsp

;https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sleetworks.serenity.android

Download on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1124039565&mt=8

Autoclub

App provides to participants next opportunites: - activate partners - send money to each other - contact with technical support - contact with each other in chat - view all E-shops on the map

Get it on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kostya.volpis.autoclub

Download on the App Store -&nbsp

;https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1056018474&mt=8

Road Hunter

Road Hunter is a new, very well designed, smart product for american truckers which makes freight deliveries more efficient, safer and faster!

Get it on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kostya.volpis.roadhunter&h...

Download on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-hunter-truck-stops-finder-and-gps/i...

Taddrees

New private tutoring mobile app taddrees, enables school students and their guardians to connect with high caliber specialist tutors in their area for after school educational support.

taddrees enables you to:

1. Find the best tutor for you: Search and filter our extensive directory of qualified and experienced tutors by location, subject and student feedback.

2. Select and

connect with tutors: Chat, share schedules and book your lesson in an instant.

3. Pay Securely: Pay for your private tuition through our secure payment system in a click of a button.

4. Track your progress: Stay up-to-date in one place with all your upcoming and completed lessons.

5. Rate your tuition: Give and share your feedback on your tutors profile.

Get it on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volpis.taddrees

Download on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/taddrees-private-tutoring/id1282345377?l=ru&ls=1&mt=8

FishMaster

FishMaster is anglers powered resource for up-to-date information about fishing locations in US and Canada. View exact catch locations on the map.

Download on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fishmaster-fishing-locations-reports-bai...

First Aid

First Aid will analyze your physical pain and the symptoms which accompany it. It can tell the possible variants of the sources of pain and a qualified physician can advise what to do next: which doctor to consult and which type of examination to be done.
The app does not change the doctor and does not assign a therapy.

First Aid can help in understanding the situation and save time needed to find a

proper physician. This app can only identify those illnesses where the physical pain is the main symptom.

Up for now First Aid can identify more than 50 types of such ailments.
It is developed by professional physicians on the basis of classical algorithms of medical diagnostics. First Aid needs only the necessary personal information which directly influences the algorithm of defining the illness: the age and the sex.

Download on the App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/first-aid/id1277666190?mt=8

iOS and Android App Refresh for Nonprofit

"The team is a young, motivated, friendly group of people."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Volpis added a variety of functionalities to a religious application that was built for iOS and Android. Along with updating features, the team revamped the code as well.

Talib Omer
Owner, Peace Through Understanding

The new features received positive feedback from users. Despite initial issues, their team made significant improvements to the application. Volpis' team is motivated and communicative. They make engagements seamless.

I work for a non-profit and am in charge of mobile app development for a religious app.

For what projects/services did your company hire Volpis?

We have had an old source code for both iOS and Android that needed to be updated to support the newest features. The source code had many issues, and was written in a quite convoluted way, so this was quite a challenging job.

We wanted to add new features to the app, like a map with directionality, alarm settings for prayer times, donations, and stability improvements.

We thoroughly searched for developers, mostly through upwork, and the Volpis team was the most qualified ones for the job that were also not outrageously expensive like many other freelancers with their qualification

Prior to starting the project, we had a pleasant Skype video call with all of the Volpis team, and had a chance to introduce each other, and get a better idea about what the project entailed, and what the difficulties might be. Once this was going, initially the start was a little slow, but then it really took off and Volpis was on top of getting all the new features implemented.

It was a project manager, and the Android and iOS developers I closely worked with, but the team is larger than that.

The new features were well received by the users, and I have received lots of great feedback. Some of the initial issues, which are expected in a new major update, were fixed without any bigger problems and rectified immediately when they were discovered.

The communication especially with the Android developer Vlad was incredible, he was even available to chat with me through slack on the weekends, and he was able to be the point-person for the iOS developer because of his great communication and English skills. They made testing very easy for me, and communication was good, using Slack.

The team is a young, motivated, friendly group of people. I really liked that we had a video call before starting the project, and I was impressed that they were able to work with a source code which had its issues. They were able to get the app exactly the way I needed it.

I will work with them in the future because I trust this team and I developed a great relationship with them.

Web and Mobile Devs for Analytics Software Firm

"They took ownership. I didn't feel like they were external consultants."

Mar. - Apr. 2019

Volpis provide development services to augment an existing web platform and create mobile apps from scratch. Their responsibilities included designing the app’s UX/UI and managing a third-party frontend team.

West Sacramento, California
Arsalan Ali Khan Lodhi
CEO, WISRAN

End-users reacted positively to the solutions, putting Volpis in a strong position to be awarded future work. Their commitment to overall business growth was another positive of the partnership and demonstrated the pride they take in their work.

I am the CEO of WISRAN. We track and analyze operating efficiency in real-time for financial impact for farm and agricultural commodity processors. The company is out of the US.

For what projects/services did your company hire Volpis?

The project was to enhance the current WISRAN software platform for Live Freight to source, market, and transport agriculture commodities. Challenge was to manage the long truck lines.

We gave the following goals to Volpis: Develop a mobile application for truck drivers and centralize queue management system.

We selected them based on their expertise and past experience in GPS based systems. Compared to others, they understood our project very well. They understood the core project needs, which were complex and needed to be done in a very short amount of time. They also put together a visual that showed me their clear understanding of our needs, which made me very comfortable.

I liked their approach. They started off with developing a detailed specification, and UI/UX mockup. After that, they designed the UI and UX flows and developed the mobile application and backend server code for both mobile and web. The web frontend was developed by another team.

The team was composed of a project manager, UI/UX designer, backend node.js developer, mobile developer, and technical lead.

Results were great. The project impressed our customers and we are now discussing the next steps of the project.

The project was managed very well. The entire team took ownership and drove the project to completion. The project manager also managed the third-party frontend developers as well.

They took ownership. I didn't feel like they were external consultants. They acted as if they are part of our company, investing their time and effort to make the company succeed.

They could certainly improve the rigor of their testing.

Their approach is excellent

iOS & Android Dev for E-commerce Marketplace

“The quality of the final deliverables was outstanding.”

Feb. - Sept. 2018

Volpis provided iOS and Android application development, building an e-commerce platform to match a current e-commerce platform. They worked on the UI/UX and then developed the app.

Dubai
E-commerce Director, Marketplace

The application developed by Volpis is excellent, receiving 100,000 downloads across the iOS and Android platforms and receiving high levels of engagement. The team was communicative, managed the work well, and always delivered excellent quality.

I’m the e-commerce director of a marketplace based in Dubai targeting the GCC countries.

For what projects/services did your company hire Volpis?

Our web services technical team didn't have the capacity to build the iOS and Android app we needed in a period of 6 months.

To add value to our customers’ web experience by providing excellent UX, fast loading time, and stable browsing.

We selected them due to their visible and qualitative deliveries with previous customers, their very detailed offer and final delivery, and their transparency about their resources. We were also impressed by their great communication, high availability, and reasonable pricing.

We tested them with a first milestone to evaluate their ability and try to understand their processes, communication, and delivery. They convinced us immediately, so we hired them for the whole project.

They worked on our native e-commerce app, delivering it for iOS and Android. The app is based on our current e-commerce website. They did both the UX/UI and then the app development.

Their CEO oversees the work progress and management communication. There’s also a project manager, a QA, three iOS developers, three Android developers, and two UX/UI designers.

They delivered both the Android and iOS versions of the app on time. We received 100,000 downloads across both platforms and see much higher engagement from our app users compared to our web users. Volpis remains our partner for all our needs regarding the app.

We participated in their daily scrum meeting to review the status of the app and ensure all work was delivered from both sides. They used Slack for communication and Jira for project management.

The quality of the final deliverables was outstanding, while the involvement of their CEO was key to ensuring the success of the project, and for us keeping them as a partner up to now.

I don't see anything that we would have them improve.

Mobile Development for Wedding Supply Platform

"I loved how efficient, honest, and polite they were."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Volpis designed and developed apps for Android and iOS. The apps matched couples with nearby wedding vendors.

Ireland
Gary Kavanagh
Director, BeeWed

After more than 1500 downloads, the app has maintained a stellar 4.5-star rating and received high praise from vendors. Volpis was an exceptional partner for a first development project, explaining their choices and making smart suggestions. They work quickly and delivered fantastic results.

I run a successful website and Facebook group with over 31,000 members. I'm also a wedding photographer.

For what projects/services did your company hire Volpis?

I had an idea for a groundbreaking wedding app. Volpis designed and developed the app based on my drawings.

I wanted a simple, usable platform that engaged customers and allowed them to find suppliers for their wedding day easily. The app matches couples to the closest supplier, allowing them to choose local vendors.

I found Volpis on Upwork and liked their application. They were professional, giving a detailed description of how they would work with me and what the outcome would be. After reading their reviews, I took a gamble and hired them.

Once I hired Volpis, we planned the functionalities and appearance of the app. They did this by asking me to fill out a form. The app was specialized, so I gave detailed answers. I needed to launch by a certain period, so they worked on the app daily.

They assigned designers and developers, and I met with everyone. We communicated successfully through Skype.

Within three months of launch, the app has accumulated over 1,500 downloads and earned an average rating of over 4.5 stars. It continues to grow daily. The feedback from the suppliers who have signed up speaks for itself; some have already received confirmed bookings.

Everything was smooth and quick. They created demos and shared a full workflow where I could add notes. They also didn't rush me into decisions I might have regretted. Instead, they worked at my pace and did everything I asked. When I was unsure about anything, I asked their team for advice.

I loved how efficient, honest, and polite they were. If I asked for something that wasn't a good decision, they explained the issue and saved me money. Since this was my first app, I wanted a team that understood my ideas. That's exactly what I got! Volpis worked hard to create something of which I'm extremely proud.

I honestly can't recommend Volpis enough. The team was amazing from start to finish. I'm already planning the second version, which Volpis will create. I won't hesitate to recommend them.

Overall Score This company really excelled in itself and the work they have produced for me speaks volumes - I am a very happy customer.
    They did everything on time and nothing was delayed.
    It was reasonable for the amount of hours and work involved.
    Their design and management were excellent.
    I will most definitely do.

Android App Revamp for Cashback Service

"Their team was patient and flexible, often working during weekends to meet our deadlines."

Sept. 2017 - Dec. 2018

Volpis assisted in revamping the Android version of a mobile app, integrating a new design and UX. They also created new features, handled advertisement integrations and bug fixes, and more.

Russia
Janna Volkova
Product Manager, inShopper (Mail.Ru Group)

Their involvement led the app to double its user base and garner praise for its increased usability, resulting in it being purchased by a large IT company for further development. Their solid structure, attention to detail, and deep knowledge of mobile app development are among their strengths.

I'm the product manager for a company that offers cashback services. We have a mobile app called “inShopper” and it’s the first of its kind in Russia. With it, users can scan QR Codes on receipts and gain cashback for their purchase.

For what projects/services did your company hire Volpis?

Our mobile app was created three years ago on Android and it required a large update. We decided to completely change the design and logic of the app, but we didn’t have in-house mobile app developers. Furthermore, the quality that our previous development team provided was low, so finding a new team was our biggest goal.

Our goals were to attain a clean and simple design, update the app’s UX, increase the user base and number of downloads, and integrate AppsFlyer and other analytic systems within the app to track paid traffic.

Our CTO and I searched for a freelance developer on Upwork, providing clear deadlines and such. We spoke with Kostya (CEO, Volpis) and discussed our needs. We looked at his company’s portfolio and saw that his latest projects were of high quality, he offered a fair price, and also promised to deliver on our deadline. We made the right decision.

Kostya's team handled the update of our app through three iterations. I shared detailed specifications and the new design, describing each task in Trello before starting the work. After two months of collaborative work, we completely changed the design of the app and made a release. We continued the partnership to include more features in the app. Volpis also provided support and fixed small bugs.

Kostya acted as the project manager at the beginning. I later worked directly with an Android developer. All design, iOS development, and QA was done on our side.

The new design and UX has produced a twofold increase in our user base and lots of positive feedback on the app’s usability. This led to our startup being bought by a large Russian IT company as well as the investment on the further development of our product.

The work process was very well organized and structured, which helped us make complex decisions quickly. Kostya is highly responsive and available at any time. His team always paid attention to details and are true professionals. We used Slack and Skype for communication and Trello for setting tasks.

Volpis has vast knowledge about mobile app development and UX. Their team was patient and flexible, often working during weekends to meet our deadlines. This was valuable for me and the project!

I wish they would share their vast knowledge of app development with their clients more. Their advice has helped me a lot, particularly regarding Android development.

Mobile App Development for Healthcare Startup

"They are able to find the solution for any kind of task, even with very limited technology."

2015 - 2016

Volpis built an Android and iOS app meant to diagnose health issues. The solution is available in the App Store in Europe and Ukraine. Ongoing feature enhancements remain a top priority.

Germany
Vadym Grynchenko
CEO, Green&Co

Innovative problem-solving is a major strength. The app performs well and is bug free, even as budgetary issues restricted the technology used. Volpis should consider hiring an account manager to improve client communications.

My name is Vadym Grynchenko and I'm a product designer at Green&Co, which offers a series of health-related mobile diagnostics apps.

What challenge were you trying to address with Volpis?

We had the idea for a mobile app that will help people understand their health problems and figure out how to proceed with treatment, and needed a company to build the app.

They helped us define user stories and use cases for the app. An algorithm for disease diagnosis was created. The team developed the code and the UI for both iOS and Android versions.

Multiple iterations were built and tested. The first iteration used images for the buttons, which looked nice but made the app too heavy (around 100 megabytes). They found another approach using colors to make it lighter.

They launched the app in the App Store in Europe and Ukraine.

My main contact is the iOS developer, and I also work with another person on invoices and other project management details.

How did you come to work with Volpis?

They were one of several firms that responded to a request for proposals. I chose them because they’re based in Ukraine, which means that they are highly skilled developers and offer low rates.

To date, we've spent about $8,000.

The work started in 2015 and is ongoing. There have been some gaps in the work due to needing to secure additional funds. The plan is for them to develop a version 1.3 of the app.

According to our statistics, the app has very few bugs or reports of crashes.

For us, the big win is simply that it is already available in the App Store in Ukraine and in Europe. It needs additional testing to ensure compliance with the FDA [Food and Drug Administration], but we expect it to be available soon in the U.S.

How did Volpis perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s been a standard Agile development process. Everybody works remotely; I'm in Germany and they’re in Ukraine. I thought this might be an issue but it’s worked well. I'm in touch with the iOS developer almost every day.

They created a dashboard that I use to create tickets for work that needs to be done. The ticket is passed on to them, and then we set up the deadline for that piece of the project. They generally hit all of the deadlines, plus or minus a couple of days.

Most impressive is that they are able to find a solution for any task, even if a small budget limits the technology they can use.

I frequently had to wait a long time for an answer, which was very stressful. I would recommend they hire an account manager to handle client communication.

I would definitely recommend them for an iOS or Android app.

iOS & Android Development for Truck Navigation App

“They’re always on top of the new technologies and giving me good suggestions.”

2015 - Ongoing

Volpis developed an iOS and Android app, using a variety of technologies: Google Maps, APIs, Microsoft XML, as well as Javascript and React. Features include route planning, weather alerts, and price updates.

Mikhail Dzarasov
Founder & CEO, Road Hunter

The applications are highly-rated on both Google Play and the App Store, receiving over 80,000 downloads and 2,000 active users a day. The team manages the project well using JIRA and Trello tools. They give useful advice, provide excellent feedback, and are generally responsible and communicative.

Road Hunter LLC is a truck navigation mobile app. I’m the founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Volpis?

We needed someone to develop our mobile app.

They built a whole route-finding app for drivers starting from the sketches. We started with a native Android app on the server side and Java. Then we developed our iOS app with Objective-C and Swift. We use Google Maps APIs, REST APIs, Microsoft XML, and data process using different languages with JavaScript and some React. We have features like navigation that require a lot of skill. We’re working with a product called SQLite. Other features are route planning, truck stop finding, diesel prices, severe weather alerts. We’ve used all the latest technologies.

I mostly work with the founder of Volpis and a couple of developers. We use them for more than 40 hours a week.

How did you come to work with Volpis?

My main focus was to have a team who knows how to work with Google Maps APIs and Lifetime maps. They sent me quite a few projects that they have done and I was amazed by the quality of the work.

$35,000–$55,000.

We started working together around 3 years ago and the work is ongoing.

If you type “Truck Stops” on Google Play, we’re in 2nd place in the U.S. and Canada. We have a 4.5-star rating on Google Play and 4.8 stars on the App Store. We have 80,000 downloads and around 2,000 active users every day. They’ve done a good job.

We’ve also been mentioned in 5–6 magazines in the U.S. and we’ve been published in several trucking magazines.

How did Volpis perform from a project management standpoint?

They are doing very well. These guys are not only developers but software engineers, which are really different things. Coders and software engineers are different people. They’re always on top of the new technologies and giving me good suggestions. They did an amazing job on that. We used Trello. We used screenshot trackers so I could see what’s going on. We used Bitbucket for our code repository. We used JIRA, Slack, and Skype.

They’re a very responsible team. They give a lot of good feedback about the product. They suggest interesting things. Most of the time when working with offshore companies, they just follow whatever you tell them to do and code it. With Volpis, before coding, they asked me a lot of questions about particular features. It saves me time and money. Time is money in this case.

No, everything is perfect. I like to work with them. That’s why I’ve been working with them for almost 3 years.

Overall Score They do an amazing job. I like it. Everything is perfect.
    Sometimes it’s delayed, but it’s reasonable because it’s not possible to make 100% deadline.
    The cost is pretty good compared to companies in Europe. I like the price a lot.
    I recommend them to my friends who have done 2 projects with Volpis.

App Development for Education Platform

"They believed in my product and worked to ensure development of a superior app."

Apr. - Nov. 2017

Volpis assisted with development of an app for both iOS and Android. Project will soon expand to a web platform. They worked collaboratively and suggested a number of previously unconsidered functionalities.

United Arab Emirates
Marc Karam
Founder & CEO, Taddrees

A strong work ethic and attention to detail produced an increasingly popular application that remains bug-free. Their management skills make them an ideal IT partner and they offer exceptionally low prices given their technical abilities and quality of work.

I’m the founder and CEO of Taddrees, an education platform app. We just launched in the UAE and plan to grow throughout the Middle East.

What challenge were you trying to address with Volpis?

I had an initial idea for the application and needed developers to build it.

Volpis essentially functions as our full-time IT team. They built the application based on my specifications, but also provided a range of solutions to make the app more user-friendly. They also recommended a number of functionalities I hadn’t considered.

The app is available for both iOS and Android, and we plan to launch a web-based service.

I communicate directly with their CEO.

How did you come to work with Volpis?

I did an online search and initially contacted three companies, but these candidates only offered excuses and lacked the technical skills to build my desired functionalities.

Volpis, on the other hand, stood out immediately. I could tell they were hard workers and possessed the knowledge necessary to build my app. They were excited when I told them my idea and immediately put forth their own suggestions.

I spent approximately $25,000.

We started working together in April 2017 and launched the app in November.

We gained 20–30 subscribers within the first two weeks of launch, and in a very short time have grown to 300 subscribers. We haven't encountered any bugs, and Volpis is still hard at work adding new functionalities.

How did Volpis perform from a project management standpoint?

I have a background in business and management consulting, so while the tech world is new to me, I’m used to working in a highly organized way. Volpis has a similar work ethic and provides detailed plans.

We coordinated through online tools, including Trello and Slack, and they provided constant updates. They were transparent about day-to-day operations and quick to respond to any questions.

Unlike the other vendors I considered, Volpis demonstrated real dedication. They believed in my product and worked to ensure development of a superior app. They constantly offered suggestions for improvement, and even incorporated additional functionalities at no extra cost.

Nothing was beyond their technical abilities. Given enough time, they accomplished every goal we set.

I'm normally a very critical person when it comes to other businesses, but no, I can’t think of any suggestions.

Overall Score I've had a great experience and they continue to provide support.
    They delivered every milestone on time.
    They could charge far more given the quality of their services.
    They worked overtime to ensure an error-free product.
    I've already recommended them and plan to hire them again in the future.

Story App for Digital Ads Agency

" We really appreciate their timely responses to any questions or changes we have along the way."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Volpis designed and developed an iOS app from the ground up. They also built an admin pane and are continuing to develop new features.

Janet Hu
Head of Product, Sapphire Apps Media

Volpis completed the app on time and functions flawlessly. The team excels in the areas of development speed, communication, and technical prowess.

Sapphire Apps Media is a digital advertising agency for mobile apps. We also develop our own portfolio of apps. I am the head of product for our app department, so I oversee product development from scratch.

For what projects/services did your company hire Volpis?

Volpis developed an iOS story app for us, from scratch. They also built an admin panel for us so that we can upload stories and organize by author and genre. They are continuing to develop new features for us.

Create a basic iOS app and continuing to build off of it.

We interviewed many different app development agencies that we had reached out to either from Upwork or from Clutch.co. Volpis stood out to us because of how quickly they communicated, how well organized their team was, and how reasonable their rates were.

An iOS app built in Swift. It includes features such as content organization, progress tracking, paywalls, and push notifications. Their team also built an accompanying admin panel for us so that we can manage content.

Their team joined a Slack channel we created for them. We were in constant communication with a project manager, a developer, and the co-founder.

The app has been published, and it functions great. Since we've run into no technical issues with Volpis, we are having them continue development on this app. We're also sending them new projects.

The workflow is great. Their team is very responsive, and we communicate almost on a daily basis.

Communication, speed, and technical ability. We really appreciate their timely responses to any questions or changes we have along the way. Also, they had built a very good admin panel with great logic. While we had given them wireframes for the app itself, we did not provide wireframes for the admin panel. So we were very impressed with the level of detail they had included in the admin panel along with how easy it is to understand.

Not at the moment.