Capturing the POWER of SOCIAL MEDIA

Viral In Nature is a multi-award winning social media agency named as the Alberta's 15th fastest growing company in Alberta by Alberta Venture Magazine.  We achieved this growth thanks to our social media strategy, the same strategy we sell to our customers.

Currently ranked as Clutch.co's Top Social Media Marketing Agency in Canada!

Check out our Awards & Accolades http://viralinnature.com/awards

See what our clients are saying about us http://viralinnature.com/testimonials/

Capturing the POWER of SOCIAL MEDIA for the benefit of our clients.

Calgary, Canada
  • Viral In Nature
    70 6a St. NE
    Calgary, AB
    844.403.2899

A publicly traded LNG company in Africa LNG company

A world leader in the aviation industry

A world class ski resort

Social Media Marketing for Wilderness Lodge

"They’re right on the money as far as what we’re looking to achieve."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Viral In Nature is taking the lead for the social media marketing of a wilderness lodge, with the end goal of selling the property. These efforts are in tandem with traditional real estate activities.

Clearwater, British Columbia
Andrew Nelson
General Manager, Helmcken Holiday Resort Ltd.

Clients can expect detailed weekly reports, insightful competitor analysis, and social media content delivered ahead of schedule. The team’s output has led to increased interest in the property outside the local market.

I’m the president and general manager of Helmcken Falls Lodge. We’re a wilderness lodge in Wells Gray Park, Clearwater, British Columbia. We have 33 rooms, a campground, a restaurant and lounge, and a small gift shop. We operate seasonally from May 1 to September 30. We also have a guided horseback operation on site.

What challenge were you trying to address with Viral in Nature?

We wanted to enhance our social media presence, but we primarily wanted to list the lodge for sale. We didn’t believe we’d get a buyer from the local market, so we wanted to use social media to reach out worldwide.

I first took a trip to Calgary and sat down with Adina, their Office Manager. We went through a lot of description about the property—how the business operates, where we’re located, the beautiful scenery, why people stay at our resort, and the benefits to the owners of living in this beautiful spot. She took very thorough notes to understand both the business and the lifestyle, as that’s part of what we’re trying to sell. They set about preparing posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. They give me weekly reports with comparisons to other local and similar businesses. Using social media was new to me, and they explained it very well.

How did you come to work with Viral in Nature?

I did a Google search for social media companies. I put a brief description of what I wanted, and I got an excellent response from them offering their services. After exchanging a couple emails, I decided to go with them.

How much have you invested with Viral in Nature?

We’ve spent about $3,500 on their services. They send me what the invoice is going to be ahead of time and tell me when it’s going to be charged to my credit card, then I get a receipt.

We began working together in November 2016, and the relationship is ongoing. They’ve managed to get us about a dozen inquiries, but we haven’t yet sold the property. We’ll be suspending their services at the end of April, as we get extremely busy when our season starts in May. If we haven’t found a buyer by October, we’ll restart the process with them.

We also work with a realtor who has the property listed. He hasn’t yet brought us an inquiry, but we’ve gotten a dozen through the work of Viral in Nature. They set up a separate web page called Canada Lodge for Sale, and any inquiries coming through that page go by Viral in Nature to us. That’s how they’re able to track the inquiries. We’ve also had direct approaches through Facebook. So far, they’ve outperformed what our realtor has been able to do.

How did Viral in Nature perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a very detailed analysis at the start of the project to determine exactly what we’re selling and how to go about marketing it. They put together a comprehensive plan as to which social media platforms to use, and they’ve managed those very well. They send me weekly reports listing the impressions, followers, tweets, and so on, that are happening on each platform. It shows a steady increase in interest on the property, so I think they’ve managed those very well.

What did you find most impressive about Viral in Nature?

They send me the Facebook posts each week ahead of time, so I can check them for factual correctness and so forth. All the posts they’ve prepared have been excellent, only needing minor changes. They’re right on the money as far as what we’re looking to achieve.

Are there any areas Viral in Nature could improve?

I haven’t found anything yet.

Overall Score My experience has been excellent.
    They told me how the process would work and how we would gain traction. What they told me has proven to be the case.
    I’m very satisfied.
    They’ve done everything they promised to do.
    I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who wants to develop a good social media presence.

Social Media & PR for Farmers Market

"We’re very satisfied with everything Viral in Nature does for us."

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

Over the course of many years, Viral in Nature has offered their expertise in social media and crisis management to secure a favorable online presence for the client's farmers market.

Ken Aylesworth
Managing Director, Symons Valley Ranch Farmers Market

Since partnering with Viral in Nature, the farmers market has seen a significant increase in their overall foot traffic. The team at Viral in Nature is proactive and invested in getting tasks completed, ensuring success.

I am the managing partner of Symons Valley Ranch Farmers Market, which is a year-round market located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Viral in Nature?

Approximately one-quarter of the city of Calgary and surrounding areas is our main target audience. We focus heavily on a very targeted regional awareness campaign to drive people to our market on a regular basis.

Viral in Nature has been involved since our market opened four years ago, and they helped do the initial launch of the facility. They’ve done all our social media and website development and management. Today, they’re doing all the daily management of our root messaging through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. We work with them on social media across the board. They also handle all our crisis management and the blowback from social media. Viral in Nature is very good at that.

How did you come to work with Viral in Nature?

I bought the company two years into its lifespan and inherited Viral in Nature. I got to know who they were, the services they were providing, and how they were representing us. I decided to continue our relationship as I felt they were doing a very good job.

How much have you invested with Viral in Nature?

I’ve invested in the range of $35,000–$40,000 over the last two years.

Viral in Nature first became involved with our organization in 2013. I bought the business in April of 2015, and the relationship is ongoing.

Viral in Nature has contributed to an overall increase in traffic through our doors over the last 24 months. When I bought the company, we were averaging about 1,200 people over a three-day period. We have since grown that. We do events that generate 10,000 visitors over a two-day period. We routinely have over 5,000 people come through our doors in a three-day weekend. The management of our messaging has gone up tremendously.

How did Viral in Nature perform from a project management standpoint?

Viral in Nature's team is proactive. After four years, they’ve developed a very good feel for how our business works and what makes it tick. When we ask to do specific projects with them, they’re very responsive and diligent. I have no problem at all with them.

What did you find most impressive about Viral in Nature?

I think they’re very engaged. Viral in Nature has an investment in the success of our market, and it shows through all the time. They do things that aren’t required to help promote us, which we appreciate very much.

Are there any areas Viral in Nature could improve?

I’m always looking for contractors to come to me with new concepts and ideas. I find that they come to the table when I challenge them, but they don’t necessarily come to me first.

Overall Score We’re very satisfied with everything Viral in Nature does for us.
    We’ve encountered some inconveniences, but Viral in Nature is very good overall.
    Viral in Nature is very competitive in our marketplace.
    Viral in Nature's team is responsive and proactive. They deliver quite seamlessly for us.
    I have no problem recommending Viral in Nature.

Website Redesign for Technical Service Retail Company

"Shawn’s background is in print media, so he has a real flair for design and really puts thought into it."

Sept. - Nov. 2016

In an effort to attract and maintain engagement with business leads, the client relied on Viral in Nature to update and redesign their website, built on the Joomla platform.

Calgary, Canada
Russell McPherson
CEO, Gear re-Store Inc.

The distinguishing factor of working with Viral in Nature is their expertise in combining web and graphic design in their projects. Since their website redesign, the client has confidence in gaining customers rather than detracting them.

I’m the CEO of Gear re-Store. We provide technical services to the outerwear industry for things like GORE-TEX® jackets and technical outerwear.

What challenge were you trying to address with Viral in Nature?

We previously had a website that was horrible, so we needed an upgrade in that area. I don’t know too much about the technical side of things, so that’s why I hire people who do.

Viral in Nature prefers to use Joomla as a platform. A lot of people use WordPress, which is something fairly easy for the average person to figure out themselves, but if you want a website that’s a little bit more stable and professional looking, programming-type people prefer to use Joomla.

How did you come to work with Viral in Nature?

I met the owner of Viral in Nature, Shawn, at a networking event and started building a relationship over time. He’s very passionate about business, social media, and other causes that I empathize with. I’ve worked with other agencies to build websites before, but I was not very happy with the outcome. I decided to give Shawn a try based on our developing relationship.

We have invested $4,500.

We began working together in September 2016, and it was ready to go early November 2016. I’ve done some subsequent work with them since the website was complete.

Some of our potential customers are pretty big players—half a billion dollar companies. I knew that when we were setting up meetings to visit with these companies, they were going to do their due diligence and look at our website before they considered doing business with us. I knew it was unprofessional to take them to our old website. I now have a feeling of comfort that when they go to our website, I’m not going to be embarrassed. It’s hard to measure or know for sure if any particular business contracts that we’ve landed are a result of our website, but it’s all part of a process. I just didn’t want our website to be a stopping point in that process.

How did Viral in Nature perform from a project management standpoint?

I was quite satisfied and happy with the way the project rolled out. If anything was held up at any point, it was more likely because I wasn’t quick enough in getting Viral in Nature the information they needed.

What did you most impressive about Viral in Nature?

Anyone can set up a website and pick an off-the-shelf template. Shawn’s background is in print media, so he has a real flair for design and really puts thought into it. I’ve seen some of the brochures and websites that he has designed. He’s a two-for-one deal—you get a web designer and a graphic artist. That really stood out.

Are there any areas Viral in Nature could improve?

I can’t think of any. I’m happy with the way it went.

Overall Score I’m very happy with them.
    They met my expectations.
    They’re a little bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.
    The combination of web and graphic design was a combination that worked for me.
    I recommend them all the time already.

Website Design for Business Bartering Platform

"Viral in Nature is always prompt to get back to you on any issue. They're willing to hear and listen to what you have to say, such as what information needs to get pushed out."

2013 - Ongoing

Viral in Nature began their engagement with the client by providing front-end design services for their website and continued their contributions with social media management.

Alberta, Canada
Founder, Business Bartering Platform

Viral in Nature delivered a high quality website that looks great and receives positive feedback from its users. The agency has also shown competency in social media management so far. The agency is recognized for their excellent project management.

We operate a bartering platform for businesses.

I am the founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Viral in Nature?

We worked on two projects with them: web design and social media management. For our website, we wanted something fresh and new in terms of rebranding the site. With social media management, we wanted to engage current followers and prospects while increasing educational awareness and attract new customers to our service.

They did the front-end design work for the website. Maybe some back-end coding, but just basic work there. It was a bit of a combo of both with a focus on the front-end development. For social media management, they manage and engage our networks with posting a strategic management.

Social Media management is $1,250 per month. The web design was $2,000 or $2,500.

We began working together about two years ago. It is ongoing. They continue to maintain the website. With our social media, they continue to manage that monthly. We are quite happy working with them.

How did Viral in Nature do from a project management standpoint?

On a 1-10 scale, I'd definitely give them a 10 for project management. They were really on top of their game. Whenever I had a question, they would get an answer back to me quickly. Working with them is great.

The website, aesthetically, is great. Members within our own community and networks like the website. It's tough to get specific numbers on that outside of SEO [search engine optimization], which we sourced to a difference company.

In social media marketing, from when they started until now, they've increased our likes maybe to an additional 100. It's not substantial but it is steady. It's more a fact of keeping consistency with our message and continuing to put information out there.

What distinguishes Viral in Nature from other providers?

I really appreciate the high level of customer service. Viral in Nature is always prompt to get back to you on any issue. They're willing to hear and listen to what you have to say, such as what information needs to get pushed out. They'll also suggest some good ideas. I guess it's their creativity and strategic posting of content.

For web design, we were content.
    I'd refer them for sure.