Heart of a developer, soul of an artist.

Viget is a digital agency made up of designers, engineers, and strategists who create award-winning digital products, experiences, and tools that inspire customers, extend capabilities, and advance business.

With a unique mix of capabilities, Viget has a deep history of digital innovation, helping clients leverage emerging technologies to improve existing processes or establish new ones.

1999
Falls Church, VA
    105 West Broad Street, 4th Floor
    Falls Church, VA 22046
    309 E. Chapel Hill Street, 4th Floor
    Durham, NC 27701
    1915 Broadway
    Boulder, CO 80302

World Wildlife Fund, ESPN, Dick's Sporting Goods, POLITICO, Shure, Wildlife Conservation Society, Chronicle of Higher Education, Lupus Foundation of America, AARP, and Mass Gen Hospital.

UX Design for Market Analytics Firm

"Viget's just great overall.... I consider their visual design and user experience design skills to be second to none."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Viget was hired to improve the user experience of the client's complex software-as-a-service platform and other areas of the system. They delivered detailed wireframes to be implemented by the client.

Washington DC Metro Area
John Funge
SVP, WealthEngine

Viget has strong project management, design, and technical skills. Their work has received positive feedback from customers and industry leaders. The client recommends them to any company looking for a strategic, high-quality partner.

WealthEngine is a technology company based in Washington, D.C. We offer a data platform and data-driven marketing approach. We help clients prioritize their sales, marketing, and fundraising efforts better. We have more than 3,000 clients. These include universities, hospitals, financial services institutions, and luxury brands. We help identify customer segments with the most market potential, and our specialty is wealth intelligence. I am the lead for product management within WealthEngine. I became part of WealthEngine by virtue of the fact that WealthEngine had acquired my company. I was the CEO and founder of my prior company, a big data analytics company. After the acquisition, I joined the WealthEngine team.

What challenge were you trying to address with Viget?

We needed to update the design, visual elements, and user experience of our primary product. We enlisted Viget to provide a refresh to our SaaS [software-as-a-service]-based software solution.

Parts of our product are relatively intricate in terms of the user interactions. For example, Viget worked on a tool for creating prospect lists. A user would say, "I want to see everybody in this particular area that has these wealth attributes. They must also have these other attributes." We have hundreds of attributes. Things like your political party, the car you drive, interests, sports, and so on. We wanted to make it easy and intuitive for a user to build up a list by clicking through and selecting different attributes. It was a complex user experience challenge to do that really well. For that project, Viget's deliverable was a set of detailed wireframes. Our team then took those and did the implementation. Following a similar process, Viget also helped us with other parts of our system with key interaction. They helped us think through the UX [user experience] and have a workshop for ideas. They would then deliver high-fidelity wireframes that we then use as drivers for our development process.

Before the acquisition, we worked with Viget in a similar fashion for other products. Some of those were SaaS-based software products while others were more public-facing Internet products. Viget also assisted us with some technical work. They have very capable technologists on their team as well. During a prior chapter of my career, Viget had assisted us on our product efforts in a technical capacity.

How did you come to work with Viget?

Viget was working with us in our prior company, so they just continued working with us when we became part of WealthEngine. I've actually worked with them before. Prior to WealthEngine, I've founded, built, and sold a couple of companies. Viget has been quite instrumental with a couple of the companies that I've built.

How much have you invested with Viget?

We have spent $50,000 to $200,000 on our projects with Viget.

WealthEngine started working with Viget at the end of the first quarter of 2014. The timeframe is a little more than two years. Our relationship with them is more of a ladder. We have an ongoing relationship with Viget. As things come up, we'll reach out to them and scope out a project.

We definitely get very positive feedback on our user interface. That's anecdotal, but we consistently get high praise from customers as well as other industry professionals who look at it. The work that Viget did was transformative, so it's almost hard to compare the before and after. Many of the things that they were working on were relatively new, particularly that prospecting product I talked about. I think that it's flowing through to our sales, the product benefits. WealthEngine has continued to grow as a company and we're doing pretty well.

How did Viget perform from a project management standpoint?

Viget is very strong in project management. They also excel in visual design, user experience design, technical work, and strategy. I have a lot of faith when they estimate or scope something and then say, "This is the deadline we're shooting for." In the time I've worked with them, they have rarely missed a deadline, if ever. They are extremely professional in their project communications, project expectations management, and project status. I would give them very high marks.

What did you find most impressive about Viget?

Viget's just great overall. They excel in many places. I consider their visual design and user experience design skills to be second to none. Whenever we have sensitive products or high visibility projects – something where a marginal difference can have a big business impact – we'll bring in Viget. If you have a very strategic project where you need a partner that you can trust, I would recommend them. Viget can deliver very high-quality digital products, media properties, apps, or user experience. They are just about as the best you can find. I'm sure there are others out there that are as good. I've worked with a wide array of different user experience professionals and firms both as a client as well as inside. But, I would say that Viget is right at the top. At some level, what they do is timeless. I think they do a good job of staying on top of forward-looking trends. Viget continues to innovate and adapt as the market does. Like all firms, they need to stay true to their values while still evolving over time. They're good at doing that.

Culturally, Viget is extremely good at hiring. Their team members are very high quality and very skilled. At the same time, they are very friendly and are just very good to work with. There's this consistency in the caliber and the vibe of the team at Viget. It's a positive vibe. It's interesting. Their culture is very creative but laid back and not too full of itself. They are extremely skilled, extremely creative, and performance-oriented.

Are there any areas Viget could improve?

No, I think that they are good at what they do, across all the disciplines. I don't see a real weak point. It's a firm that's been around 15 or 16 years, and it's grown organically. The leaders of the firm are very vested and very engaged in making a truly great company, and I think they've been quite successful at it.

Overall Score I enjoy working with them. They’re great to work with.
    I don’t believe they have ever missed a deadline in the years I’ve worked with them.
    I think they are pricey but, every single time, they’ll getyou an excellent result very quickly. There is very good time value to money, but there are less expensive options out there.
    They are dependable, and their work is always of a high quality.
    I feel zero hesitation recommending Viget to anyone.

E-commerce Platform Development for Identification Company

"They were able to take a high level concept, draw out the requirements, and deliver it."

Jan. - Sep. 2014

Viget provided end-to-end services for an e-commerce platform. They oversaw project management, as well as design, UX, wire framing, and product launch.

Washington, DC
Will Kern
Former VP of Product Development, ID.me

Viget completed the project on a very short timeline. The company was exceptionally good at understanding the client's business and endstate, and at building an effective team of designers, developers, and managers.

At the time, I was working with ID.me, a company that enables customers to produce verified ID cards for various organizations.

I was Vice President of Product Development.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Viget?

We had a need to build an e-commerce platform. We brought Viget in to do the product launch of the platform, as well as help out with user experience, design, and the full development of the platform itself.

Viget is a full solution organization. They handled the project management aspect of the engagement as well as the design, user experience, and wire framing. Their development team of front-end and back-end engineers worked alongside ours to build out the initial launch of the product. The platform was built on Ruby On Rails.

They were involved in every aspect of the project. They had a technical project manager that worked with me to flesh out requirements on the UX and technical sides, and then they managed the entire process through to the end.

How did you come to work with Viget?

I have known Brian Williams, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Viget, for many years. We kept in touch over the years, and when it was time for my company to look for outside resources to launch this platform, Brian was one of the first people that I called. We brought them in, vetted them, and had them meet the team as well as our CEO and Chief Operating Officer [COO]. They put forth the proposal to do the work, and we ultimately selected them to engage with and build out our platform.

We spent $200,000-plus. It was a large engagement.

The engagement started around January of 2014 and lasted about nine months from start to finish. The first couple of months were the user experience and design phase, and then we rolled into the actual development phase. We got to the launch phase in September of that year.

It’s been a while, so I don’t have any hard metrics.

How did Viget perform from a project management standpoint?

We had an incredibly aggressive timeline that was almost unrealistic, and we had a lot of pressure from our CEO to get the platform released. We were also building some backend systems at the time that needed to be integrated into Viget’s platform, and they were able to deliver their piece of the overall product before our own internal engineering team.

We had regular ongoing demos and internal releases of the product. Viget didn’t waiver from their schedule much at all, which was really impressive given the ambiguity of the beginning phases of our project. They were able to take a high level concept, draw out the requirements, and deliver. It was impressive how well they were able to manage the whole process.

What distinguishes Viget from other providers?

Viget is very good at putting the right team together for their client. Their project managers were able to work with us to determine exactly what we wanted to build because we hadn’t defined everything on our end at that point. Within a two hour working session, they were able to really grasp what we were trying to build, and then they developed user experiences and requirements around that. You don’t typically find that skill in other agencies.

Another strength of theirs is that they have a group of awesome designers, developers, technical project managers, and client engagement managers. They are able to pull levers and put the right people together in order to be most successful. Viget really understands the business that their clients are in, and as a result of that, they are able to deliver that next level of product that other agencies cannot.

Is there anything Viget could have improved or done differently?

It’s not necessarily something to improve upon, but one of the things I would have liked would have been to have the engineers on site with us. I understand that they don’t typically work that way, and at the end of the day it all worked out fine.

Overall Score – They were very engaged with us. If I ever had an issue, I could pick up the phone and make a call to whoever I needed to talk to in order to get the issue resolved, even if that meant bringing in Brian, the CEO. He is very accessible.
    – They really were methodical about scheduling and delivering based on committed dates. From a management perspective and a delivery perspective, they were spot on.
    – You get what you pay for. They are a little more expensive than other agencies, but what you get as a result of that is worth the money.
    – What they were able to do based on the limited requirements we gave them was just stellar. They delivered exactly what we were looking for. That is definitely one of their major strengths.
    – I would not hesitate to refer them to anybody. The level of work that they produce is second to n