Presentation Design & Storytelling

WE’RE A PRESENTATION DESIGN & STORYTELLING AGENCY

We deconstruct the complex into easy-to-digest stories and beautiful visuals that help you wow your audience

- C-Level Presentations

- Everyday Presentations

Chicago, IL
  • 1000 W Fulton Market, Suite 213
    Chicago, IL 60607

Cardinal Health, Keurig Dr Pepper, Kellogg School of Management, Glanbia Nutritionals, Hyatt, Motorola Solutions, ISACA, CB2, CooperTires

Presentation Development for Marketing Agency

“The team knew when to offer up valuable critiques or alternative points of view.”

May - June 2017

VerdanaBold provided presentation development services, collaborating with a range of in-house teams to put together a large pitch. The project included storylines, assets, and content.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Casey Hess
Business Development, Digitas Chicago

They produced excellent results, helping the team to secure the pitch against both the incumbent company and strong competitors. The project was managed smoothly, with the team providing excellent suggestions while knowing when to step back and allow decisions to be taken internally.

I work in business development in the Chicago arm of our company.

For what projects/services did your company hire VerdanaBold?

They helped us with a large strategic pitch for a global company that required roughly six different presentations and collateral for the meetings.

To win the large pitch for our agency in an area that required the creation of new storylines, assets, and pitch content.

I worked with their owner years ago at a small boutique agency and stayed in touch with them. Danielle (President, VerdanaBold) has always been my go-to when my internal resources weren't available or didn't have the expertise her team did.

They worked on six different presentation decks and developed collateral to support our pitch meetings.

Their team of two worked closely with our 20+ person team. They spanned every discipline of our agency, also partnering with two sibling agencies in our network.

We pitched back and forth over six months and ultimately won the pitch. We beat the incumbents and other holding companies, and the account continues to grow.

It was seamless. The team knew when to offer up valuable critiques or alternative points of view. Just as important, they also knew when to stand back and let us figure out our approach. It was a perfect balance, and one you don't get from design-only agencies that haven't been in the business for a long time.

Their quality designs and their ability to translate our vision into clear slideware and narratives. That’s what’s required with pitching new business and they were completely invested, even when the project required longer nights towards the end.

None.

I called her one day before and they shifted schedules to be in our offices next day.
    Very fair and reasonable, especially for the caliber of work they provided.
    It was top notch.

Presentation Design & Graphics for Food Ingredient Company

"They do an amazing job to make the graphics legible and fit in with the brand identity."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

VerdanaBold designs numerous presentations for a food ingredient company. They also create infographics and pull photos.

Senior Marketing Specialist, Food Ingredient Company

The impact of each presentation has improved dramatically since the engagement began. Efficiency and meticulousness are hallmarks of their work. VerdanaBold’s responsiveness and ability to turn constructive feedback into implementable, on-time deliverables makes them a valuable partner.

I'm the senior marketing specialist for an ingredient company in the food industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with VerdanaBold?

I work with them on a regular basis on all of our external presentations and other documents.

VerdanaBold formats and designs our presentations and makes sure that everything is on brand. I build our messaging both for customers and for our sales team to take out the field and to meetings. I include a lot of market research and data in my presentations. They turn that information into infographics. They also pull photos as needed.

I’ll send a message to Danielle (President, VerdanaBold) to let her know I have a project coming. She will call me and we'll have a discussion about the project and when I need it done. That way, when I'm ready to send her the information she already has it on her schedule. I'll send her the content, and then she and her team work on the look and feel of the presentation. I'll give her notes and send it back. Then she works with her team to implement the changes.

I only work with Danielle.

How did you come to work with VerdanaBold?

The company was already working with them when I came on board. A colleague in Chicago first started working with them to redesign our brand. They helped us create a new brand identity, and then we continued working with them on external content.

They’re on a retainer, but I'm not the only person that is drawing from that pot. I believe we’ve spent between $25,000–$50,000.

Work started in November 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

Our presentations are now more impactful. The overall look and feel are much better than what we were doing before. It's hard to say if there's a direct ROI, but having VerdanaBold as a resource to polish each presentation definitely makes us more efficient. I do a lot of presentations and it saves me a lot of time by having them available to create that polished final product. They do an amazing job to make the graphics legible and fit in with the brand identity.

How did VerdanaBold perform from a project management standpoint?

Danielle is great, and their process works well for me. Getting our projects on the calendar allows VerdanaBold to get the work done on time even when we have tight deadlines. We communicate frequently. She's always available and quick to return phone calls and emails. I really appreciate that I'm never left waiting to hear back from her or for the final presentation. They generally do a great job on the first draft. I might have a few notes but not a lot of substantial changes.

It's a pleasure to work with Danielle and VerdanaBold. She's on top of everything, which is really great. She's very pleasant to work with and always more than willing to help us. I will continue to work with them because they’re so efficient. They know our company and our projects. They know how we like our presentations to look and what kind of graphics will fit.

No, nothing stands out. They’re super responsive, which is so important. Danielle is good about letting me know if there is an issue but it’s quite rare. I’m happy with their work.

Overall Score It's been great. I don't have any complaints.
    They're excellent even when we have tight deadlines.
    We have a retainer but they're very reasonable in what they charge.
    Their deliverables are great.
    I absolutely recommend them.

Slide Designs for Global Association

“Their work really defines the importance of our message and is very memorable.”

Sep. 2017 - Ongoing

VerdanaBold creates PowerPoint presentations for a global security association. They collaborate on concepts and provide cinematic presentations that capture tailormade nuances for target audiences.

Schaumburg, Illinois
Event Communications Manager, Global Association

The visuals VerdanaBold incorporates into presentations are eye-catching and clever. Their work starts conversations, and they consider every detail. They provide useful tools, connect well, and are adaptive collaborators.

We are a global association for information security and cybersecurity business technologists. We provide education, training and professional development for a large global audience.

What challenge were you trying to address with VerdanaBold?

I hired them to help build slides for our presentations.

I write presentations and then hand the content off to them. I know what my presentation has to be about and how long it needs to be. We discuss the concepts and the intended audience over email and phone. I provide a general outline of how many slides and some images that may be helpful. They take my speaking points and find nuances to visualize for the audience.

Their work looks almost cinematic and includes beautiful moving imagery. They introduced evocative visuals that elevated the origin story of our company, which was founded in 1969. For that particular project, they tied our story into the first man on the moon, and the impact went well beyond anything we expected.

Other teams at my company use Verdana Bold for creating branding for new initiatives, reimagining our core visual library, and creating icons, art, templates and logos for products, services and our organization. They are the go-to for our visual storytelling.

I communicate with one point of contact, who manages everything behind the scenes. She's very receptive and responsive, even when I write to her at odd hours. She gives clear timelines and sets expectations upfront whenever we start a project with them.

How did you come to work with VerdanaBold?

When I started about a year and a half ago, our COO recommended them. He was with a telecommunications company previously, and he really relied on their expertise.

The presentations I have worked on with Verdana Bold have cost between $700-$3,000. Larger branding projects have cost up to $20,000. Our total expenditure is somewhere between $100,000-$125,000.

I started at the company in September 2017, and there was already a relationship with other staff and Verdana Bold. It became immediately obvious that they were the best go-to team for our needs, and the relationship is ongoing.

When we started, our presentations were done in-house and were fairly weak. They reimagined what they should look like, and the one we just did for our most recent conference was a great conversation starter. They used beautiful art, and they made a fairly straightforward topic wonderfully interesting and clever. They think out every detail, and everyone who saw the presentation loved it and wanted copies of it. Their work really defines the importance of our message and is very memorable.

How did VerdanaBold perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is strong, and they hit all their deadlines. We don't use any special tools, but they are very easy to reach via email.

They have a great newsletter that shows some of their beautiful work and comes with helpful tips on creating our own presentations. It's a useful tool, and I appreciate that touchpoint.

No, I don't have any recommendations for them.

They're very open to ideas, and they're very quick to change and adapt to suit our needs. It's important to convey the nature of your audience, but trust that they'll have interesting ideas for art and ways to show information.

Offering Memo for Venture Capital Firm

"I have experienced their equal but not their better."

July - Sept. 2019

VerdanaBold created an offering memo for a venture capital firm based on a verbal description of the company. They delivered a combination of texts and graphics to show to potential investors.

Austin, Texas
Coe Schlicher
CEO, Kong Capital

Internal stakeholders are satisfied with the modern and high-quality visuals of the deliverables. VerdanaBold turned around assignments quickly and developed a tight grasp of the business concept.

I'm the CEO of Kong Capital, a Private Equity firm focusing on Real Estate

For what projects/services did your company hire VerdanaBold?

Our offering memorandum

This is our most important marketing tool and it communicates a first impression to potential investors.

I reviewed a few other companies but they had the best track record and understood our objectives more clearly.

They took our back-of-the-envelope junk and turned it into a professional and totally crisp presentation. They were able to take our verbal description of a concept we wanted to communicate and turn it into a slide that did a better job than our description.

Unknown. I spoke to Danielle only.

Turn around time was very quick. Aesthetically clear and very contemporary.

Best in class. I have experienced their equal but not their better. So quick on turn around and always with a positive attitude.

Again the ability to take a concept we had trouble even describing and turn it into a graphic and text that convey complicated topics clearly.

None

Quick turn around and always available.
    We consider their cost as 25 times return for us.
    Best in class.