BRAND: Insight - intelligence - design.

Venthio delivers world-class brand strategy, development and design. We also provide business development strategy, planning and implementation and work on a project, full-service or consulting basis.

Our service set includes:

• brand audit, research, strategy
  • brand positioning, messaging, identity
  • naming, tagline: product, service or company
  • mission, vision and core values creation
  • website strategy, design, development
  • video: product, service, corporate, training
  • advertising, marketing - online and offline
  • strategic marketing and branding planning
  • collateral, packaging, digital design

Venthio filters every brand and business decision for its clients through an insight, intelligence and design process called I2DInsight: Discovering the realities of your company brand, your customers, competition and market. Intelligence: Applied thinking and strategy to discover the big ideas to acheive your exact goals and vision. Design: Developing the verbal and visual languages and marketing vehicles to champion the brand and create return on investment.

2006
Orange County, CA

Client Experience in Healthcare, Technology, Manufacturing, Financial Services: IBM, Sprint, Ameriestate, Sony, SRS Laboratories, Captive8, Riccar Vacuum, Crescent Ent., Kerr Dental, Paragon Biomed, Sybron Endo, Watson Labs, Valia, Apria, Omnipak, F&M Bank, New Century, Whittier Law School, Impac Mortgage, SYCR, JAMS, Accredited Mortgage, Washington Mutual, D&B, Toyota, RSI Home, Invensure, RSA, ITL, Obria Medical.

Niru Image

Association Reserves

Valevo Image

Valevo

Naming & Brand Identity for Custom Styling and Apparel Company

"I have a feeling that this brand is going to bring success for the rest of my career."

2016 - 2017

Venthio led a branding and naming exercise for a personal styling company. Services included ideation, logo design, and website concepts.

Orange County, California
Rod Baker
Owner, Rod Alan

The new brand is more sophisticated design-wise and, as such, has been well-received. Expertise and meticulousness were hallmarks of their work. Venthio accepted constructive input well but also brought creative ideas to the table while demonstrating a vested interest in long-term success.

I’m the owner of Rod Alan, a company that designs wardrobes for individuals. We also advise companies on what their employees and management communicate through the way they dress.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

I needed help to rebrand my company. I’ve found that customers and clients had a difficult time communicating who they are through their dress. Clothes communicate a lot about a person. I was also preparing for a book series. I knew that I needed to build a foundation with my brand and communicate a message.

Venthio led the full gamut of naming and branding activities. They worked on renaming my company so that it communicates what I do. They helped me establish my identity in the marketplace as an expert. They guided me to think about not only the things that I’m doing today but things that I will be doing 5–10 years from now.

Venthio also designed the new logo and everything that goes along with merchandising that label in the clothing and retail business. The idea is that when customers see the logo, they know exactly where it comes from. They also worked with us on translating the brand to a new website concept.

I primarily worked with Dean (chief creative officer, Venthio). He communicated to his staff that was doing everything from the physical design to the website concepts.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

I’d known Dean for some time within the industry. He’d actually done business with my company. I reached out to him, and we started talking. I quickly realized that I was working with the right person for the job.

I spent probably $100,000 altogether.

The project took place a couple of years ago. It probably lasted an entire year, but the initial project was about six months.

Venthio helped to name my first book. Now it's literally become my signature and my tag line. The brand that we developed together has become my brand. It's like Nike’s swoosh where you know that it's Nike when you see it. When people hear “Extraordinarily You” they know it’s my brand. It really encompasses my whole concept. I have a feeling that this brand is going to bring success for the rest of my career.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was great. Dean always followed up to see what was effective, how was it received, was it confusing, or do we need to add something more. They kept in close contact especially in the beginning stages of developing the logo, the colors, and the content. They made sure that we were getting the response that we were looking for.

Venthio truly understands that it's about the customer and not about them. Their goal is not to create something that they like. They used their expertise to guide us. They know the market and what the market is looking for. Their expertise also comes in knowing how to fulfill the customer’s vision. Dean was able to come up with what was already in my head. He was able to pull all of the creative ideas out of my head and to get them down on paper or on a website. Now they exist as something that I can put into practice. My problem was deciding what should my message be and how should I communicate that message. Dean and his team helped me do that.

No, not really. Another company might have done things differently, but I don't know that it would have been any more effective. Venthio nailed it.

Be open-minded going in. Dean has many years of experience. His company is going to get results with your brand so that when people see the name, they know exactly what it means. Don’t go in thinking that you know everything. You may know everything about your business, but they know how to brand it and how to market it. That's where they’ll be of the most help.

I've referred them to many people.

Rebranding for Professional Liability Carrier

“They were passionate about their work and took the time to get to know us and our business.”

n/a

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Venthio created a logo, tagline, advertisements, and headlines, collaborating on various iterations. They reinvented the company brand while also producing a video and redesigning a website.

Burbank, California
VP of Outreach & Development, Insurance Company

Venthio received feedback well, working suggestions into their workflow and final products. They created a fantastic new brand that end users have responded well to. They could’ve been better at scheduling, but the work was high quality.

I’m the vice president of outreach and development for a professional liability carrier that insures a market share of lawyers in California.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

We were celebrating our 40th anniversary of being in insurance and needed a company to rebrand us.

After we hired Venthio, they conducted research on our organization and explored where our brand currently was and where they thought we’d want to take it. They interviewed numerous stakeholders, including board members, employees, and policyholders to better understand our culture and vision. From there, they developed a modified logo, providing a few different options. We selected our favorite, and they created the final version.

They followed the same process with our tagline, mission statement, and headlines. They created an entire pallet of working design features that we can implement in any of our ads. Finally, they developed a brand new concept for our company, which incorporates nature scenes into our messaging, and produced an accompanying video.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

We compared a few different firms and interviewed three of them. We selected one, who then introduced us to Venthio. Like us, they’re a relatively small company that focuses on high-quality work, so we decided to become partners.

We worked on this project from December 2017–April 2018.

We’re still in the process of releasing their work, but people have liked what they’ve seen, so far. They created a video that was succinct and powerful and impressed the viewers.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a thorough and efficient process; any delays were usually on our end. They were receptive of feedback and adjusted to our requests and concerns.

They were passionate about their work and took the time to get to know us and our business. They wanted to create a new brand that matched our goals and also appealed to the public.

They could do better at following up to see what else needs to be done.

Overall Score I enjoyed their process, and their product powerfully captures everything we need. We like their style, character, and integrity.
    They responded to requests in a timely manner.
  • N/A Cost
    Their quality, excellence, design, and thoughtfulness are astounding.
    I've already recommended them.

Brand Identity & Naming for Digital Agency

“Both clients are very happy with all the deliverables.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Venthio provides branding services, working on projects for two different clients. They have developed logos, positioning statements, taglines, color palettes, and created new looks for online platforms.

Orange County, California
Randy Taylor
President & CEO, Taylor Digital

Their work is flawless, creative, and delivered to the highest level of quality; satisfying the clients and demonstrating their in-depth industry experience. The team is flexible and innovative, thinking carefully about the project before implementing their solution.

I’m the president and CEO at Taylor Digital, a digital agency providing web, mobile, search, and content marketing strategies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

We needed help providing a full solution to our clients, focusing on comprehensive branding services.

The worked on two clients for us. For the first, they did a branding exercise in which together we named the new company and created a complete brand identity for it. We did the logo, the positioning statement, and the tagline, as well as the color pallets. The work breathed life into the website, the print materials, and the mobile application.

For another client, they worked on a rebrand, creating a new logo, color palette, website, brochure, advertisements, and the whole brand identity or brand book. We also produced a new custom video for them.

I work with Dean (Chief Creative Officer, Venthio) and John (Co-founder & CEO, Venthio).

How did you come to work with Venthio?

I’d been working with Dean for the past several years: he’s phenomenal at naming, branding, and strategy. When our clients had those particular needs, I reached out to him and brought them onto the project.

We’ve spent $150,000.

We started working together in May 2017 and the work is ongoing. The work with the first client was completed in February 2018.

Their work was phenomenal, and we’ve had a really good experience. Both clients are very happy with all the deliverables that Venthio was responsible for.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was excellent and flawless. There were no issues at all, which is unusual in our industry because clients often throw curveballs.

They’re active thinkers, extremely experienced, and they keep their word.

They stuck to timelines.
    They’re expensive, but the value is extraordinary.
    They met or exceeded all expectations per agreement.

Branding for Multiple Consumer Product Companies

“They're very experienced, so I felt I was in good hands.”

Oct. - Nov. 2018

After understanding how different brands fit into the market, Venthio developed the look and feel for a new product and advised on the colors and logos for other brands.

CEO, Consumer Products Company

The in-house team is impressed with the brand Venthio has developed as well as their ability to beat the deadlines. Venthio exceeded all expectations, while their expertise and professionalism made them a go-to partner for future projects.

I'm the CEO of a consumer products company. We develop and market several different products under different brands

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

We wanted to develop a brand for the new product we were launching.

First, we discussed various aspects of our brands and how the new product fits into the market. Then, they developed the look and feel for our new product and gave us recommendations in terms of the colors and logos for our other brands.

I had one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

I found them online and read their reviews on Clutch. After I saw the work they had done for other companies, I decided they'd be able to give me exactly what I needed.

We spent about $27,000.

I worked with them between October–November 2018.

We haven’t launched the product yet, but we’re very happy with the look and feel Venthio has developed. I’d certainly work with them on other projects.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

They met or exceeded our deadlines. We mostly used phone calls to stay in touch with them.

They're very experienced, so I felt I was in good hands.

No. I don't have any complaints.

Overall Score We had a great experience.
    They met or exceeded the timelines.
    It was on the expensive side, but it was worth it.
    They underpromised and overdelivered.

Branding for Psychotherapy Center

"My business exploded after the rebrand."

Venthio redesigned a website as part of a branding campaign. Deliverables included new logos and collateral. They also did interviews and analysis to identify the new aesthetic.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Laurie Watson
Owner, Awakenings Counseling

The team’s product achieved immediate and positive feedback. Their open communication and thorough planning led to an optimal result. They executed bold branding and marketing strategies.

I own a psychotherapy clinic with multiple sites and practitioners.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

I wanted to rebrand my business.

Venthio interviewed me to capture my vision. After we settled on a solution, they redesigned my logos, website, and collateral to create a comprehensive image. The project is now completed.

I worked with Dean (Chief Creative Officer, Venthio) and the project manager.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

I had seen Dean’s work with other clients and I had known about him for several years. His portfolio impressed me.

My business exploded after the rebrand. Venthio shifted the company image from feminine designs to a gender-neutral visuals. We received positive feedback from stakeholders.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

We held several discussions on the designs and how they would be perceived. The team then produced multiple versions which helped me make my decision. Throughout the process, I was pleased with the team’s communication.

Their creativity is phenomenal and they also excel at marketing and branding.

No. There’s nothing that comes to mind.

They were timely
    I got what I paid for

Naming for Medical Device Machinery Company

"The new branding successfully spoke to how we were trying to portray ourselves."

Aug. - Oct. 2018

Venthio led a naming exercise for a medical device company, providing multiple rounds of name ideas as well as a new logo and branding. Then they named the first commercial device.

Irvine, California
Clayton Poppe
CTO, Diality

Internal and external feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Venthio's responsiveness and ability to turn constructive feedback into implementable, on-time deliverables were hallmarks of their work. They also offered useful tactical advice that was subsequently implemented.

I’m the CTO of Diality. We're a relatively new medical device startup and we make a hemodialysis machine.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

The company’s previous name didn't quite fit our vision of what we provide our customers. We wanted a new name and logo that were more appropriate from a branding perspective. We also wanted them to reflect our recent changes in management and vision.

We had an initial meeting with Dean (chief creative officer, Venthio) to get to know each other. He came back a week later and did a brainstorming session. We gave him a lot of information about our priorities, our vision, and what we wanted the name to communicate. We explored what we liked about other companies in the medical device industry from a name and branding perspective. Dean went off to come up with ideas. Once he delivered them and we gave him feedback, he did some modifications before coming back to us. He did that two or three times until we picked a name.

We repeated the same basic process for the logo and new branding. He asked us what our priorities were and what we're trying to communicate. Then he reflected that back to us through different concepts until we got to the point where we had a logo. We engaged Venthio again to name the device that we’re developing as our first commercial device. Dean delivered a couple of versions and we’re trying to decide on the final name.

We worked exclusively with Dean.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

They were recommended to our CEO. We looked at a couple of other agencies as well. We liked the examples of Dean’s previous work. It was easy to see that he had the creativity and experience needed to do this efficiently. Plus, he was willing to work with us even though we had a limited budget and a tight timeline.

We spent $10,000 on each naming exercise, for a total of $30,000.

We worked together between August–October 2018.

They produced a final name for our company by the end of August, and a logo by the middle of September. The tight deadline was driven by us wanting to get the company rebranded before a specific trade show, which they were able to do. That was really big for us. We then re-engaged them to name our new device and Dean delivered several names to us in October. We have everything that we need; it's on us to make a final decision.

We had a booth at the trade show that was branded with our new company name and logo. We got a lot of traffic and people were very interested. The new branding successfully spoke to how we were trying to portray ourselves. I feel confident in what they achieved.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

It was great. Even with our tight timelines, they gave us what we needed when we needed it. They worked around the clock or over the weekend if needed. We mainly communicated through email and some in-person meetings. We were involved in every decision, which I appreciated.

Their depth of experience is so valuable. We were able to get a lot from them very quickly. They were also generous in giving us their thoughts outside of the scope of work. We didn't pay them to design our business cards, but Dean did a quick sketch for us. It was a great design that we ended up using. There were a couple of other things in creating our booth for the trade show that they helped with as well. I really appreciated that because we were limited in how much we could spend.

No, I wouldn’t do anything different. I'm very pleased with them and happy with the result.

Overall Score It was a pleasure going through the exercise with them.
    The timeline was great and they were available on our schedule.
    Part of why we picked them was they were so cost effective.
    They gave us what we needed when we needed it.
    I'm going to recommend them to everybody.

Branding for Online Auto Insurance Company

"I felt like their whole team cared about what they wanted to deliver and that was impressive."

June - Oct. 2017

After a number of in-person brainstorming meetings, Venthio developed a website for a start-up, creating all the content and adding visual materials.

Trabuco Canyon, California
Bijan Abdi
CEO, Freedom National Insurance Services

They were willing to invest their time, trying to fully understand the business and the goals, which led to a productive working relationship and impressive results. Their work opened up an opportunity for a partnership with a multibillion-dollar company.

I'm the President and CEO of an online consumer/producer auto insurance company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

We just started our company a few months ago, so we needed exposure and a story we could tell our customers. We were looking for a company to create a video and a website for us.

We had several brainstorming meetings, including face-to-face meetings and conference calls, to help them understand our business and what we were trying to accomplish. After that, they put together a website for us, adding illustrations and the content.

We worked mostly with Dean Del Sesto [President, Venthio and one other person.

How did you come to work with them?

They were a referral. I met with Dean and saw some of the websites he'd done, which I found impressive.

We spent about $25,000–$28,000.

The project happened in June–October 2017.

Because of the work they had done for us, we were able to sign a contract and are in the process of partnering with a 25-billion-dollar company.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They did an excellent job trying to get the full grasp of our business. Usually, vendors charge you for a simple phone conversation, but Venthio met with us in-person, investing their own time, without charging us for it.

They put themselves in my shoes, trying to see my goals. That was one of the reasons the end result was so impressive.

I can't think of anything since I was extremely happy with what they had delivered. I would definitely refer them to other companies with similar needs.

Invest your time with them at the beginning because that's what Venthio will ask for. Let them understand you completely, and don't judge anything early on in the process.

Overall Score I felt like their whole team cared about what they wanted to deliver and that was impressive.
    They always followed up the day before the meeting and confirmed the day of the meeting.
    I don't have a lot of experience with other companies, so I expected to pay a little less, but I'm happy with the result.
    I was happy with the product and other people who saw it were also impressed.
    They did a great job.

Branding & Marketing for Concierge Medical Office

“Both the website and the entire brand has been well-received.”

July - Nov. 2017

Venthio fully redesigned a brand for a concierge medical office, targeting a high-end client. They developed a new logo, tagline, website, and stationery.

Los Alamitos, California
Daniel Buda
Physician, ChoiceCare

Thanks to Venthio’s unique ability to guide the creative process while factoring in client input, the redesigned brand had generated positive attention from current and potential clients.

I'm a physician for Choice Care, a concierge medical office.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

I wanted to create a high-end brand for the practice in order to reach the type of clients we wanted to attract.

We began by having a lengthy conversation so they understood our philosophy, our approach to medicine, and our vision for the future for the practice. Once they understood all of that, we discussed whether they would be able to deliver a product that was adequate. We agreed to work together, and then they started the process of creating the brand.

It was a very interactive process. They delivered several design directions, and I was able to offer my opinion and pick from multiple options. Once I picked one, they created a logo, multiple taglines, and an entire look for the brand. Then they created a website and some marketing materials, such as business cards and letterhead.

I worked with Dean Del Sesto [principal, Venthio]. He used some contractors on the project, but I only worked with Dean.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

A referral by one of Dean’s previous clients. I interviewed him and decided to hire him for the project.

I spent $41,000.

Work began in July 2017 and was completed in November 2017.

Both the website and the entire brand has been well-received. I’ve had a lot of positive feedback from colleagues, current patients and potential patients.

How did Venthio perform from a project management standpoint?

I was very satisfied with the way they managed the project. They’re very reachable and responsive. They kept in close contact with me at all times.

They do a good job of both listening to the client and also directing a client towards a vision that they’ve created.

Their ability to combine experience and creativity helped me get the brand to a place where I wouldn’t have been able to get by myself. I had a vision of what I wanted, and they helped me put my thoughts on paper. Then they have the skills to translate that idea into a new design.

Nothing comes to mind.

Naming & Branding for Energy Conservation Company

"They did a fantastic job and everything looks amazing."

Oct. 2016 - Jan. 2017

In addition to building a website and developing content for it, Venthio provided branding services for a start-up. They created a name and a tagline as well as corporate and product logos.

Orange, California
Scot Duncan
President, Conservant Systems Inc.

The website looks professional, works smoothly, and gets favorable feedback. They managed to complete the site six weeks before the deadline without sacrificing quality. Their creativity and ideas they bring to the table make them a go-to branding partner.

I'm the president of Conservant Systems Inc., an organization that develops energy conservation and relative humidity control technology for the Department of Defense and the broader Commercial, Industrial and Institutional (CII) markets. We solve problems associated with dehumidification and humidity control, cutting the energy costs by about 50% and eliminating mold growth caused by HVAC systems. Currently, we're commercializing the technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

We started from zero and needed to pick up the pace quickly, so we were looking for a company to do branding for us. Initially, I hired Venthio for Enerliance, which was an energy efficiency, HVAC optimization system. Later, I also used them for Conservant Systems.

They interviewed us to learn about our business, our market, and what we wanted to do, pushing us to think about other markets we might be interested in. Then, they gave us different options for company names and we filtered them out to decide which ones sounded best and which ones we could put on a graphic page. Enerliance was the name we chose for the first company – it gave us an image of a solid company rather than a start-up. They also created a tagline, a corporate logo design, a product logo, the look of our stationary, and PowerPoint presentations. When they were working on graphics and images, they usually sent us their ideas so that we could review them and make changes. It was a very collaborative process.

They built websites for both companies and helped us develop the content. As a start-up, we didn't anticipate to be recognized quickly within the industry. However, as we were working on Conservant Systems with Venthio, we were invited to speak at a large energy conservation conference fairly early on in the process. We had to accelerate the completion of the website by about six weeks because we needed to have it up and running before the conference.

We had one main point of contact, who had a team underneath him.

How did you come to work with them?

They were a reference from another business owner. We talked to a few other companies, but Venthio was the best fit for us.

We spent about $70,000

Our last project with them happened in October 2016–January 2017.

The website is professionally done and everyone loves it. Our two goals are to serve our clients and to be an energy conservation guide, so Venthio combined those goals in creating our name and our branding. We have a lot of great material on our website and feel confident directing people to it.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were always on time and remained flexible when we needed to accelerate the project. They came to our meetings well-prepared and always had about 20 different options for us to choose from. We didn't have any issues except for a couple of typos on the website, which they fixed immediately.

They're very creative – they came up with a lot of amazing ideas which we would have never thought of ourselves. I've recommended them to a lot of start-ups and companies who're interested in rebranding. They created a solid tagline for us that describes our business – I can't imagine that anyone could do that better.

Everything went smoothly. The cost could be lower, but it was definitely affordable and the quality was excellent.

Overall Score They did a fantastic job and everything looks amazing.
    They were able to accelerate the process rather than have delays.
    It was great value. When you look at the website and the content, everything flows together – it couldn't be any better.
    Both the process and the results were excellent.
    I often recommend them to friends and colleagues.

Naming for Medical Devices Company

"Compared with just other vendors, I found [Venthio] to be exceptionally easy to work with."

Mar. - Apr. 2015

Venthio designed and conducted a two-pronged rebranding campaign for a company and its product.

Irvine, California
Alex Arrow
Chief Executive Officer, Zelegent, Inc.

Business has increased significantly since the rebranding. Venthio created names that were appealing and recognizable. The team had a consistently positive attitude and was easy to work with.

Zelegent is a medical technology start-up that is developing a new tool for otolaryngologists, sleep specialists that will allow them to treat snoring in a simple, minimally invasive office procedure that avoids all of the drawbacks of today’s snoring interventions.

I’m the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Venthio?

We were looking for a new name for the company and our product. Dean [Del Sesto, President at Venthio helped us with both. Our previous name we were operating under was Snorx.

I guess you would call it two projects, one for naming the company and the other for the product.

How did you come to work with Venthio?

I was referred to him by a mutual friend. I actually heard about him from several sources. Dean has a reputation as something of a branding guru. We did not do an exhaustive search of other branding companies, we felt very comfortable that he was a good fit for our project right off the bat.

He was paid in equity, so if I value the equity that he was paid in, it would be between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started this March 2015 and we were done by April 2015.

The business has certainly grown since Dean’s work for us, but its hard to say exactly how much is attributable to Dean. We are certainly very happy with the names. Zelegent for our company, and Elevo for our product.

What distinguishes Venthio from other providers?

I haven’t worked with other branding companies, so it’s hard to compare that. Compared with just other vendors, I found Dean to be exceptionally easy to work with and always having a good attitude.

Is there anything Venthio could have improved or done differently?

No, I can’t think of any.

They did it in the time they said they were.
    He asked for a lot of equity and he got it, but what we got was good quality.
    I already have, so that’s a five.