Technology Partner for Mission-Driven Companies

Velotio is an offshore agile development team of high-caliber engineers based out of India. You can hire our niche engineers to fulfill skill gaps in your team and scale your engineering efforts; or entrust us with complete product development projects.

Areas of specialization:
- Cloud & DevOps (CI/CD, Kubernetes & Container Strategy, Serverless Apps, Multi-cloud Capability: AWS/GCP/Azure)
- ML/AI (Data Engineering & Pipelines, Chatbots, Robotic Process Automation)
- Full-stack development  (Everything starting from an agile UI/UX design process to application development and its ongoing maintenance thereafter)

Pune, India
  • 342 Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park
    Pune, MH 411057

Early stage to Enterprises.

Staff Augmentation for Machine Learning/Data Processing Dev

"They paid a lot of attention to detail and brought up any issue quickly so we could deal with it."

June - Nov. 2018

Velotio Technologies augmented internal efforts, assigning both on-site and off-shore team members to the project. Their work included setting up data flows and databases, AWS modeling, and more.

Former VP of Engineering, Advertising Company

Despite having a complex schedule to adhere to, Velotio Technologies’ team met all deadlines on time. They excelled at reporting and addressing issues quickly as well as communicating between both on-site and off-site staff, making sure no details were missed.

I was the VP of engineering in charge of mobile advertising at a company that’s developing a ticketing platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We were trying to use data more effectively and build machine learning solutions.

Velotio Technologies provided staff augmentation to help design and implement a data processing and machine learning solution using AWS. I gave them guidance and the architecture for the work and they provided on-site staffing to implement the solution. They set up data flows, data processes, databases, and modeling on AWS. Some additional staff from their team helped with our existing products as well.

We worked with four people at peak capacity. I worked directly with the developers, two of which were on-site for some of the duration of the project. The other two were based in India.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

I found them online but talked to about three or four candidates in total. After my initial contact with Velotio Technologies, I met with them and also talked to some of their references. I decided they would be a good fit for us.

I left the company before the project was completed, but I believe the total cost was close to $250,000.

We worked with Velotio Technologies between from June to November 2018.

We had a high-level schedule to implement the machine learning and data processing system, and Velotio Technologies met our deadlines on time. There were some unexpected technical issues, but they were dealt with quickly.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m pretty satisfied in general. They delivered the work as promised and there were no issues from my point of view as far as project management and working with Velotio Technologies goes.

We used a Jira board to track the work between the remote team and the on-site one, especially in the latter part of the project when one of our on-site developers went back to India. The remaining on-site developer also spent time managing the three off-site ones, just to make sure everything was in sync. We also had a standup meeting every day between the local team and the one in India.

Even though it was a short engagement, there was some turnover from their side, which meant we needed to spend additional time bringing in new people.

I like to do things a little differently. I usually work directly with developers and prefer to have at least one representative on-site to make sure the details of the implementation are communicated across to the remote team correctly. Having everyone off-site would make it more difficult for the engineers on our side to implement the project. There are details to be communicated which take more than just a set-up meeting. I highly recommend having someone on-site, at least for part of the time.

Overall Score I deduct one point due to some miscommunication and staff turnover.
    They work hard to catch up in case they do fall behind in scheduling.
    The cost/quality ratio was a big reason for hiring them. Their price is a lot lower than the competition, especially for the on-site personnel.
    The work was pretty good for the most part. Some things were slightly off, which was likely due to the remote communication aspect.
    I would personally use Velotio Technologies again.

IoT Data Engineering Team Augmentation for Analytics Company

“We’ve been impressed with their willingness to be flexible with us.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies provided team augmentation for an analytics startup. Their team of data engineers writes scripts in Python and configures files in JavaScript Object Notation to reduce turnaround rates.

Beth Crane
VP of Data, Sight Machine

Thanks to the efforts of Velotio Technologies, turnaround times have improved. Their team possesses the technical skills to rapidly work through tickets, which has made for a successful ongoing relationship. Their team is communicative and flexible.

I am the vice president of data at Sight Machine, a startup that liberates data from the factory floors of manufacturers. We started in Ann Arbor, Michigan and opened an office in San Francisco but operate globally.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

As a startup, we are rapidly growing and needed more team members to assist with implementation. We go through a lot of ups and downs but recently had a large uptick in business and needed to expand quite rapidly.

Velotio Technologies has onboarded people to our team. We needed data engineers to work with our data architects. Our data architects are customer-facing, doing all of the planning and ticketing, which the data engineers then execute.

The data engineers write transforms in Python, which are scripts for data wrangling. The Velotio Technologies team also configures files in JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) and ETL.

We work with Kalpack (Founder & CEO, Velotio Technologies), Madhur (Director of Engineering & Founding Member, Velotio Technologies) and three developers. Madhur is our technical lead and operates as both an engineer and a manager. We are looking to bring on another junior engineer to help with our growing customer support function.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

I get emails from vendors all the time. Kalpack wrote to me directly and his email stood out. Because of our rapid growth, I decided to speak to him. We met up in San Francisco and had a very positive discussion. He was very willing to listen to what we needed and started to brainstorm during that very meeting.

Kalpack was very happy to provide references, all of whom followed up very quickly. I was able to learn more about Velotio Technologies and how they handle engagements with customers. These contacts gave me the confidence to work with them.

We have invested around $10,000 a month.

Our ongoing engagement with Velotio Technologies began in October 2018.

Thanks to Velotio Technologies, our turnaround times have improved. Their ability to come in and rapidly work through tickets has been very beneficial.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Velotio Technologies is very easy to work with. We perform regular scrums several times a week. Despite the time difference, they’re always willing to be flexible on scheduling a time to talk with us. That has allowed us to have a much faster turnaround time for our customers.

Their team manages our project using Jira. Since we’re a new company, we're still getting our methods down as we grow the professional services part of our business. Velotio Technologies has been able to go with the flow as we figure out what works best for us.

We’ve been impressed with their willingness to be flexible with us. The entire Velotio Technologies team has strong technical expertise, especially Madhur. He really knows what he’s talking about. His ability to manage his team has relieved a lot of stress for us.

Working with a remote team can be challenging. At times, we have had communication issues and there’s a steep learning curve. We’ve made sure they have access to the channels to ask us questions or get support from us, in case there are any issues.

We have to work out some of the challenges with our onboarding time and our turnaround times, but I think that’s more on our team than theirs. At this stage, it’s important that we are there to support Velotio Technologies.

Make sure you have open communication with Kalpack and Madhur. The advice that was given to me before working with Velotio Technologies was to create a good working relationship with Kalpack. That has proven to be good advice. He is very responsive and addresses our concerns immediately before they become a problem.

UI & Macroservice Dev with Automation Staff Augmentation

“They have a long-term plan for growing together.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies provides an R&D team to work on a data platform, using JavaScript, Python, and Golang to focus on the UI, QA, automation work, and development of microservices.

Palo Alto, California
Durga Gokina
Founder & Chief Architect, Macrometa

The team has produced excellent results thus far, working on various functionalities in a smooth manner. They are always available when needed, are dedicated to extending the collaboration and its success, and are always approachable and easy to work with.

I’m the founder and chief architect at Macrometa, a geo-distributed fast data as a service company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We needed an augmented R&D team to build various functionalities on the platform.

They’re building various functionalities within our existing product with Python and JavaScript drivers. They did general UI development, QA, and some of the automation work, as well as building microservices. One task was a function as a service feature, while they also work on the functionality related to our deployment. As well as JavaScript and Python, they use Golang and the platforms are Kubernetes.

There are six people and I work directly with each of them.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

They were recommended by someone we knew. We reached out to them and felt their engineers were hard working and liked the quality of the work they deliver.

We spend $25,000 per month.

We started working together in November 2018, and the work is ongoing.

The experience has been positive and they’re doing well.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

My teams are spread all over the world, so I’m used to working with international teams and I like working with them. I interact with their CEO and CTO, and I have a really good, cordial relationship with them. They work late nights if needed and the engineers are always really cooperative. We use Google Chat a lot as well as GitHub.

They’re committed and are easy to work with while being very approachable. What I like most is that they have a long-term plan for growing together.

They could have some engineers with more a technical approach.

Start with a couple of engineers and see how they fit with your team. If it’s working, then expand.

Some of the deadlines were missed and they didn’t let me know beforehand.
    Even though they’re junior, the quality is good. It would have cost me more to get the same quality here.
    There were many weekends the team had to work through and they were able to deliver.
    I’m happy with their service so far.

Web App Dev for Managed IT Services Company

“They’ve been able to address the unique requests we’ve given them.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies is developing a web app with a customer portal. They integrated APIs from Cisco, the CRM, and the ERP. The team built out core functionalities, such as enabling users to log into the portal.

Pleasant Hill, California
CEO, Managed IT Services Company

Velotio Technologies has hit several significant milestones in their development of the app. They excel at managing their end of the project and providing thorough documentation. The team’s wide-ranging skill set allows them to satisfy requirements.

I’m the CEO of a solution provider specializing in advanced IT infrastructure, such as professional and managed services, project management, and hardware procurement.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We hired Velotio Technologies to develop custom software and build out some of our intellectual property around delivering service to customers.

Velotio Technologies is helping us develop a web app that features a customer portal. They integrated the app with Cisco’s API and other APIs from our CRM and ERP tools. The team also built out a lot of core functionalities that provide integration with our CRM tool and enable customers to log into the portal.

We work with a backend developer, a frontend developer, a designer, and a database specialist.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

Somebody else who was working with Velotio Technologies referred them to us.

My company has spent around $140,000 thus far.

Our work together began in June 2018, and it is ongoing.

We’ve achieved a lot of major milestones.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done very well in terms of managing the project. Our teams co-manage the project, but Velotio Technologies fulfills their tasks and documents their progress. We use GitHub.

The team has a broad skill set. They’ve been able to address the unique requests we’ve given them.

My team initially made a lot of the decisions. Velotio Technologies eventually suggested using GitHub, and that streamlined everything. I wish they’d encouraged us to take this approach sooner. Outside of that, they’ve been great.

If you’re developing an application, be clear on its purpose before engaging a developer. When we first hired Velotio Technologies, we lost some momentum because we were still figuring out what we wanted to do.

They’ve met milestones for the most part. A few have taken longer than expected, but this isn’t unusual in the software development industry.

Developer Staff Augmentation for Management Tool

"Velotio Technologies is very proactive in learning about our platform, our system, and new technologies."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies helped design and develop an operations console to manage a data analytics platform. The backend used in Python and the frontend React, Redux, and JavaScript. The project is ongoing.

VP of Product, Data Analytics Platform Company

The tool is still underway, but Velotio Technologies has delivered high-quality work so far that meets all requirements. The team provides regular updates, focuses on customer needs, and demonstrates flexibility and openness to feedback, making for a smooth collaboration.

I am the VP of product for a data analytics platform company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We were looking to accelerate the development of a particular part of our product: an operations console that we needed to build for our platform.

Velotio Technologies primarily provided end-to-end product development services for the management tool to oversee the data analytics platform. The ultimate end users of the platform are the customers of the platform as well as internal users. It was a Python stack and several DevOps tools like Salt. The core frontend stack used React, Redux, and JavaScript.

We provided them with the initial requirements on what we were trying to accomplish, and that led to us building more detailed wireframes and designs with our in-house designer and their designer. Once we nailed down the final plans, Velotio Technologies built the product from scratch. In the process, they became familiar with how the core platform itself works.

The management tool needed to manage a complex set-up of machines and installations seamlessly. We wanted to get up-to-date monitoring and logging information from the underlying analytics platform. We also wanted to make the installation process, for a fairly sophisticated platform like ours, as easy as possible.

I interfaced with their CTO in the early stages. We identified the skill sets that we need, and they brought the appropriate resources to the table. We have around six people from their team working on this project, including a number of JavaScript, React, and Redux developers; a designer; and backend developers who specialize in Python. Someone from my team interacts with both the project lead as well as with the development staff members on occasion when clarifications are needed.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

Their CTO initially reached out to me on LinkedIn. Velotio Technologies had done similar work with other customers in the area we are in. I wasn’t thinking about them until we came up with this need. At that point, I reached out to them. We had a preliminary engagement, and we’ve continued working with them.

We spend around $25,000 per month.

We began the engagement in November 2018, and the project is still ongoing.

I have been thrilled with what Velotio Technologies has delivered. Their focus on producing according to our needs and meeting our quality standards has been exceptional. I am thrilled with them and will continue with having them build out our current project as using them for other work as well. We are satisfied customers.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They do an excellent job. Velotio Technologies gives very regular updates every week. They are always very well prepared, and they highlight all the issues that need resolution or clarity. We mostly use InVision, Slack, and Google Docs.

Velotio Technologies is very proactive in learning about our platform, our system, and new technologies. They quickly adapted to the tools we requested.

During the design phase, we asked Velotio Technologies to be a little bit more buttoned up on taking comments from us and incorporating them into the design. They are very responsive to our critique.

Have a dedicated resource on your side to help coordinate everything with Velotio Technologies.

They have been very proactive and always had everything lined up.
    We added people along the way, but for the output we have gotten so far, it has certainly been worth it.
    I have nothing to complain about when it comes to the quality of their work.
    I would be totally willing to recommend them.

Offshore Development for Data Protection Company

“Unlike many other companies, they take our project seriously and are highly skilled.”

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies provides cost-effective offshore dev services, collaborating with the in-house team on project scopes and requirements. They’ve worked on two projects, focused on containers and the cloud.

Framingham, Massachusetts
Muralidhar Balcha
CTO, Trilio

Velotio Technologies holds regular meetings and uses various project management tools to track progress. The team works hard and is dedicated to the project’s success, making them reliable and effective. Their partnership has resulted in satisfied end customers and growth in the market.

I’m the CTO of Trilio, a company that specializes in backup and recovery products for cloud and virtualization platforms.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We needed to find engineering talent in a cost-effective manner. Because of our specific technical needs and budget, we wanted to hire an offshore dev team.

Velotio Technologies provides engineering and software development services, particularly focusing on virtualization containers and the cloud. They mainly work in Python and Golang. When we start a new project, we spend a few months brainstorming a high-level design and functionality. We then finalize the requirements and expand the team, with their tech lead picking most of the developers. We’ve worked on two projects together so far.

They had a team of six for the first project and have a team of two for the current. However, we plan on growing the team to six or seven soon.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

They reached out to me. I was impressed by their expertise and past work, so I gave them a small starter project. They did a good job, so I hired them for more work.

We’ve spent over $200,000.

We partnered in December 2018, and the work is ongoing.

They meet our customers’ needs and have helped us grow and capture more markets.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We usually have daily meetings to talk about our progress and challenges. We use Atlassian software for project management and GitHub repository for check-ins. I collaborate frequently with the team lead, and we share cloud dev and testing resources.

The team is talented, dedicated, and hard working. Unlike many other companies, they take our project seriously and are highly skilled. They have a positive work culture, and I don’t need to micromanage them—they take ownership of their tasks.

I don’t see any ways they could improve.

They specialize in emerging technologies like containers and the cloud, so if your project is related to those, then get in contact with them.

Overall Score It's been a great partnership.
    They’re pretty good.
    I'm happy with them.
    I'm very likely to refer them.

Staff Augmentation for Marketing & PR Data Science Company

"They provide quality talent at a competitive rate."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies augments engineering and QA resources for multiple projects. Services include automation testing.

Burlingame, California
CTO, Data Science Company

Overall, the collaboration has been easy due to the team’s approach and expert resource allocation. Productivity has increased. Velotio Technologies stays in constant contact, accommodating the time zone difference. Their high level of support has resulted in positive stakeholder feedback.

I’m the CTO and co-founder for a data science and communications company. We help communication professionals understand the value of PR and marketing. We provide metrics and analytics for the industry to understand what’s working and not working.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We wanted redundancy in our engineering resources. We have a strong team that has built a foundation for our company, but we often get a lot of requests for additional features, QA, building one-off tooling, etc., and we needed additional resources.

They do core engineering and QA. The core engineering work consists of 1-2 engineers in one or two teams that work with us on an ongoing basis. They’re entirely integrated into our internal development processes. The QA team is part of our release schedule. They do both white-box, black-box, as well as automation testing.

There are 5-10 people. I’m in touch with the founders regularly. Our team works directly with their engineering and QA teams.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

We were introduced to them through a trusted contact. It wasn’t difficult for me to decide to go with them. We did go through the process of vetting them through different means. We did pilots with them to figure out if it’s a good fit; we slowly ramped up from there.

We’ve spent between $200,000–$300,000.

We started working together in April 2017 and the partnership is ongoing.

The team continues to receive positive feedback for their work. They contribute significantly to the project. Many initiatives that we’ve embarked on are getting wrapped up much faster due to the engagement.

Working with Velotio Technologies is very helpful because they’re available, even with the time zone difference. They augment our engineering and provide support in a way that cannot be understated. They help increase the velocity of our deliverables and overall customer satisfaction.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Our side does the project management. The most important thing for us was to get the right resources for the right project. Often, it boils down to getting a clear understanding of the needs and then working on their side with their recruitment efforts and their staffing to figure out the right people to do the match. They do that pretty well.

Not every project we embark on is going to be completely successful and that’s something we need to acknowledge and have conversations about. They keep that in check throughout the process when we’re working with them and continually touching base to make sure things are going in the right direction. If it’s not, they course correct it when necessary. Both engineering teams use Slack. We also communicate via phone and video calls.

They listen and adapt to clients’ needs.

They could put some more thought into constructing teams. Right now, we tend to handle the team selection.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to the founders. They’re very cooperative. It’s important for clients to know what they want and course correct when needed. They have really smart people. There’s no doubt of talent there. It’s up to the client to make it work.

They’re mostly on top of things and communicate really well.
    They provide quality talent at a competitive rate.
    It’s been top-notch and when it hasn’t been, they course correct it for us.
    I’ve recommended them.

Software Development for Technology Solution Company

"Working remotely requires a certain level of trust, and Velotio Technologies has undoubtedly earned ours."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Velotio Technologies replatformed a database application for a software company. They assisted design efforts and developed new code for a JavaScript-based product featuring a Node backend and React frontend.

Josh Volpert
Product Manager, Comcate

Velotio Technologies works well using an agile approach, as their efforts have fostered increased output with each sprint. The team is dedicated to maintaining a consistent communication plan. They have proven to be trustworthy and talented, making for a successful partnership.

I am a product manager at Comcate. We are a software company that is responsible for building both internal and external software tools for local government agencies across the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with Velotio Technologies?

We engaged Velotio Technologies to help us replatform our entire product. Our product was sufficiently functional but required an aesthetic overhaul to be more aligned with modern standards. We charged Velotio Technologies to build a new system from scratch with the end goal of migrating our customers over to the new product.

Our product is a database application that allows our customers to log various types of data. We provided Velotio Technologies with wireframes and mock-ups, and they helped to polish those materials, which then drove the development of the product through an agile methodology. The product is JavaScript-based and features a Node backend and React frontend. We also have a mapping functionality using Mapbox. Our company has an internal UX team to lead the design, but we leveraged Velotio Technologies for some design assistance, as well as some administrative tasks.

We have a primary point of contact, and we work with about seven people in all.

How did you come to work with Velotio Technologies?

We evaluated a lot of firms, but Velotio Technologies won us over with their abilities to communicate, offer a robust technical team, and scale with our needs.

Our engagement began in September 2017 and remains ongoing.

I’ve been impressed with the work from Velotio Technologies since we started working with an agile methodology about five months ago. We see substantial increases in their output from sprint to sprint, and we’re very proud of that.

How did Velotio Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Our team prefers to take the lead on project management, so we don’t evaluate them in that regard. However, they have been very accommodating to work on our schedule, and we communicate with them daily, if not twice a day. We have daily stand-ups, along with grooming calls during each sprint.

Compared to other offshore teams I’ve worked with, what sticks out is the willingness to adapt and change based on our needs and requirements at any given time. Additionally, they’ve been reliable in that they follow through on their commitments. Working remotely requires a certain level of trust, and Velotio Technologies has undoubtedly earned ours.

It can always be challenging to add new team members when others leave. Velotio Technologies has improved in that regard over time, though. Overall, I enjoy working with the team, and I’m really happy with the relationship with them.

Make sure that you have the project management infrastructure in place that will allow Velotio Technologies to be successful.