Solving All Things Technology.

Varfaj Partners is a technology & strategy consulting firm based in New York, NY. We specialize in creating customized technology solutions that allow our clients to fully leverage current assets as well as new technology to maximize profits and achieve tangible results. We have industry experience, drawing on backgrounds from Accenture, Boston Consulting Group, S&P Global, Cantor Fitzgerald, Evercore, and many other companies.

2018
New York, NY
  • 300 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
    Austin, TX 78705

Key Clients: Mark Cuban, The Guardian, Rise Nation, Loud Luxury, Kylie & Kendall, Sole Strike, Wetherbees Unofficial, Vendefy, Scientific Clinics, Triforce, Zias, EZ Software, Jason Ellis.

Logo Design Portfolio Image

Logo Design Portfolio

Here are some recent Logo's our team put together for various different companies. As a firm we try to take a unique approach and really separate the companies we work with from their industry standards. Brand identity and originality are the main things we focus on when designing a logo.

test Image

plz

plz Image

plz

Web Design for AI Developer

"We enjoyed the enthusiasm and energy around the engagement."

May - July 2019

Varfaj performed a design test and performance review for an AI and software developer, creating mockups for suggested changes in website design.

Encinitas, California
David M. Aferiat
Managing Partner, Trade Ideas LLC

The suggestions and direction provided by Varfaj actss as a set of clearly delineated goals for their client, satisfying all project requirements and allowing their team to spend more time working on their core business priorities.

Trade Ideas LLC produces A.I. generated, actionable market intelligence for institutions, fund managers, wealth management advisors, and self-directed investors to mitigate risk and capture alpha. Our mission for our clients is simple: enable better, consistently informed decisions in the markets.

As a SaaS Fintech innovator for over 15 years, Trade-Ideas award-winning technology leverages algorithms derived from recursive, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence to develop trade plans and produce statistically optimized performance results. I am a co-founder and managing partner.

For what projects/services did your company hire Varfaj?

We constantly seek to evolve and innovate on our platforms to create experiences that maximize value on the first impression. We engaged Varfaj to assist with what a near term first impression would look like.

The outcome was intended to create a roadmap of which direction our user interface would further evolve towards.

Varfaj reached us via an alumni network of The University of Texas at Austin. Their initial approach caught our attention and additional reviews of their portfolio indicated solid experiences and previous projects.

They reviewed, tested, and evaluated the existing customer experience of our web platform. They prioritized key elements of the current layout that required added emphasis and which elements could be receded. They then created several mock designs that served as the basis of discussion and further revision.

We had one point of contact as project manager.

The solution provided by Varfaj acts as a design signpost that points to near term directions the interface will reflect. This allows us to spend more time in the deeper layers of the technology perfecting the machine learning AI and other capabilities.

Project management was effective with regular check-ins, review sessions, and questions where needed to drive to the result.

We enjoyed the enthusiasm and energy around the engagement. there work was marked by an approach that sought to understand the technology first and then provide design guidelines.

Given what was asked, there is little room for improvement.

Mobile Game Development for Fantasy Puzzle App

"They're quick-witted and on their toes with slick talk and fast answers, but there's absolutely no substance."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Varfaj was tasked with developing a mobile gaming app for a fantasy novel series. The project was supposed to take three months to complete.

Oakland, California
Geo Ivery
Owner & CEO, Ivery Towers LLC

From the artwork to the level design and coding, Varfaj failed to deliver as expected. The alpha version of the game had several notable issues that rendered it unplayable. Rising tensions between both the team members themselves and the client resulted in the engagement's termination.

I am Geo Ivery the owner and CEO of Ivery Towers LLC and International Best Selling Author of Soulstream the Mancer epic.

For what projects/services did your company hire Varfaj?

Game Development of a Mobile App Game that was based on my novel series "Soulstream the Mancer Epic" and the high fantasy characters. The game was supposed to be like Candy Crush or Bejeweled and very inclusive for all ages to be able to play while learning more about my series.

When Cameron reached out to me in February I was on a book tour in Egypt and looking for a development team that could create a fun and interactive Puzzle game like Candy Crush that was based on my characters from "Soulstream the Mancer Epic".

Cameron said he was a fan of my series and read my novel which later I found out were lies. He's never read the book at all so therefore could not possibly be a fan or know what I want as a client.

Varfaj, according to the contract we signed in April 1st was supposed to create the game from start to finish in 3 months. We are now on August 20th and the company only recently within the last 27 days set up a GDD (Game Development Document) which is usually one of the first steps of development.

I played the alpha version of the game only to find over 55 issues. Cameron and Ben apologized that they were behind and swore they would have the game done with all of the bugs complete this month and a proper Beta version would be live for the public to play.

I checked the document today and there are still over 40 bugs and issues that make the game unplayable. They are costing me money every day as I cannot start my other gaming projects. Their communication comes days after I text them sometimes weeks or more usually followed up with an excuse about traveling or fake apology with no answer to my concerns or questions.

The Game is supposed to create micro-transactions through an in-App store that would allow players to purchase in-game currency and special moves that improve their gameplay experience. None of which were ever completed or even playable.

Linked In was how my assistant was contacted by Cameron from Varfaj and he called me when I was in Egypt saying he could guarantee through a contract that his company could complete the task within 3 months which I thought was ambitious considering all the other companies we spoke to said 6 months+ Basically, he said anything to get me to sign the contract. Bait and Switch.

Cameron said there would be two phases to the project. First would be the Art design and next would be the Programming.

Cameron presented me with Art that could barely be considered art or design especially in the capacity that I sent him references and asked for beautifully rendered pieces that would wow a Fantasy audience and better yet me as the creator. This was supposed to be the first time the world got to see the characters animated and in full color as action heroes.

Not only did he send me abysmal artwork but I had to personally draw out the characters to give him references and photoshop my own work so that he could see the level of work I expected him to complete. He was never able to complete the task so I personally provided the character designs that were to be used in the game.

His only other job at that point was to provide the graphics for the puzzles and the Interactive map that would look fantastic. He did not complete the puzzle pieces which set back production and the map he provided looked Elementary at best. At this point, I realized he was either outsourcing the art to people on Fiverr or other independent artists which means he lied to me on many occasions about being the artist and that he was not capable of creating the level of rendered artwork I asked of him.

He said the Map he provided would simply be a marker for him to go in and detail, but Ben needed to get to programming as soon as possible so please sign off on the artwork so Ben can be able to work. I asked many times for him to please make sure that he adds the details and render the levels like beautiful paintings. He agreed and we went to the next phase.

Ben said that he could program 100 levels, to begin with, that would be puzzles of interactive fun with the characters. I told him that is ambitious, but if you believe you can program 100 levels with proper game flow, Characters with special powers, interactive gameplay, and an Item mall for players to add additional features that made it a fun experience then so be it.

He assured me he could do it and here we are 4 almost 5 months later and still no game and 10 times more issues than actually playable features. They provided a link to the game to test the product and I have never been happy with it.

The features don't work, the characters were never added. There is no storyline. The map's artwork was never updated and rendered to acceptable quality. The features I specifically wanted were never added. There are tons of misspellings and typos that make the game look like an amateur mistake.

I could go on and on about this but I would rather say there are a lot of issues on the bug report. Now it seems like they are infighting as Ben said Cameron never paid him. They are unprofessional and frustrating at best.

Cameron - Art Director and Project Manager Ben - Programming Development

This game was projected to make over $30,000 per day in the beta testing phase and up to $1 million per day once it's properly launched. To give you some industry numbers, Candy Crush made $980 million last year and Bejeweled makes over $9 million per month to this day.

I have a large fan base anticipating the release of the game and most are already currently Candy Crush players so they are more than familiar with the game and concept and they are actual fans of my novels. It was an easy shoe in to fit my fans with this genre and add their families and friends as new potential clients. Varfaj is 2 months behind on their due date which costs me money every day.

Cameron was the Project manager for his team. He was extremely unprofessional and terrible to speak on the phone with. He argues instead of offering solutions and thinks he knows everything which is a turn-off.

He finally admitted to not reading the novel after 5 months and said that "he shouldn't have to know the characters to develop a game for them." In which I felt betrayed and let down by his services. Ben was the only Programmer that contacted us from Varfaj which used to be professional until he said he was not paid by Cameron and would not release the game.

They're quick-witted and on their toes with slick talk and fast answers, but there's absolutely no substance behind it. At one point Cameron went to my own website thesoulstream.com and quoted from it when I asked him to name characters from my book. He went as far as to name character classes instead of actual characters which is how I knew exactly where he was reading it from because I wrote it.

There are too many areas to improve to list. Maybe start by hiring people with experience with portfolios in the field you are trying to sell the dream on. Listen to your clients and do your homework.

At this point, they were literally paid to read the book and know the characters. They even had the audiobook as an option which I narrated. They didn't bother and it is offensive that people like this take away from actual good and professional video game development teams and designers.

0.5
Overall Score My experience was a nightmare that I hope no one ever has to go through.
    They have some of the worst communication ever. Sometimes not making their own meetings or reaching back to me after weeks.
    Way too expensive for what they delivered.
    Terrible art work. They definitely need new people in that department. The programming is beyond buggy at best.
    Not at all. I would never subject anyone to this kind of unprofessional company.

Mobile Dev for Student Marketplace Platform

"The design is fantastic and has all the functionalities we wanted. It’s better than we could have imagined."

May - Aug. 2019

Varfaj developed a mobile app that serves as a marketplace for students to sell and purchase college gear. It has private chatrooms for price negotiations and integrated payment and new product alert systems.

Founder, xchange llc

Beyond developing the platform, Varfaj has been critical to concept development and marketing strategy. They became a true growth partner. Their constant availability on multiple channels and wide knowledge base were noteworthy. They provided frequent updates and were willing to integrate changes.

We’re xchange llc, a marketplace platform for students to buy and sell college-related goods. I’m the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Varfaj?

We were looking to develop our website and build out our entire mobile-application based platform.

We contracted them to build our iOS and Android mobile application, but they thew in a landing page for free. The system has a chatroom that allows students to negotiate, accept, and decline prices for goods. Purchases happen directly through the system. If there’s a good a student doesn’t find, they can fill out a form and receive a notification when it comes up for sale.

We worked with a team of five people. Everyone was hands-on and made me feel like I was their only client. I had a single point of contact that acted as a project manager. There was also someone overseeing the web development and someone to talk to about code. Another person set up the payment system with the bank.

How did you come to work with Varfaj?

I heard about them online and through referrals. I only heard impeccable things about them and the work they’d done.

We spent $25,000–$50,000.

We started in May 2019 and finished three months later. They’re still available whenever I need consulting or advice.

They’ve been integral in founding our company and idea and building and marketing our platform. The design is fantastic and has all the functionalities we wanted. It’s better than we could have imagined. Lots of people have said they love it.

How did Varfaj perform from a project management standpoint?

We talked through Slack, email, and WhatsApp phone calls and texts. They were communicative and consistent with updates, always sending photos of the platform that described how the development was going.

All team members were highly qualified and knowledgeable, as well readily available whenever I had questions. Even after we finalized the design, they were willing to go back and make changes. It all fit our exact specifications.

They were also helpful in providing valuable insights into running and marketing our business.

Varfaj reaches out when they have questions, so not really, no.

Custom Development for Electronics Distributor

"I appreciated their openness with their processes, speed, and quality of work."

Mar. - June 2018

Varfaj enhanced a Shopify store, developing a database and a frontend API for facilitating work. They focused on creating order placement, tracking, and other functions which aren’t available on the platform.

Scottsburg, Indiana
Founder, Electronics Distributor

Work that took 10–15 hours a week now takes only 30 minutes thanks to Varfaj’s contributions. They completed the work on time and conducted seamless communication with frequent status updates.

I’m the founder of an online electronics distributor.

For what projects/services did your company hire Varfaj?

We needed a series of backend processes that would integrate with our multiple third-party vendors in order to sync, manage, and place orders in real-time for our customers on our e-commerce store. Order placement, updating, tracking, and return tracking were core components that we wanted available on our web store, which weren't available by the software we were subscribed with—Shopify. We ended up hiring Varfaj for enhancing the website’s backend.

Our main objective was to extend our current website to track, manage, place, and handle returns for our e-commerce store.

A friend of one of Varfaj’s satisfied clients recommended them to us.

Varfaj took care of various developments for us. The project needed a centralized administrative application with a database system that integrated with multiple APIs through vendors, shipping providers, and Shopify, in order to maintain a streamlined workflow for our customer service staff that manages customer relations and orders.

The team consisted of a project manager and two developers.

Our system was finished on schedule and it single-handedly took all of the legwork out of my hands and let our customer service agents completely automate the e-commerce business. I’ve gone from spending 10–15 hours a week on administrative tasks to about 30 minutes a week.

Varfaj’s project manager stayed in constant contact with me and asked questions as they arose. The status updates on the project were also great.

I appreciated their openness with their processes, speed, and quality of work. Varfaj’s communication was also impressive as I never felt out of the loop on the status of our projects.

Frontend Development for Emerging Software Platform

"Everyone on their team seemed rather self-motivated to get things done."

Jan. 2019 - Mar. 2019

Varfaj managed the frontend website development for a software platform. They prioritized mobile responsiveness and a clean user interface.

Seattle, Washington
Founder & CEO, Software Platform

Varfaj successfully delivered a functional website, which has drawn positive user feedback. The team features a healthy company culture and an efficient workflow. Their creative designs and professionalism make them stand out from other firms.

I am the CEO and creator of a platform that allows you to turn your software into a paid service within minutes.

For what projects/services did your company hire Varfaj?

I hired Varfaj to do the full frontend development for Shrey Auth and to maintain their code and provide updates for a month.

My main goal was to have a clean interface that communicated a level of security and clarity to users. I wanted them to make our website responsive as well, as many viewers and users would come from mobile sources.

I selected Varfaj mostly because of their previous experience and professionalism. I seriously considered about four other design firms before deciding to go with Varfaj. The deciding factor besides their previous work was the fact that they made me feel like I'd be taken care of, not just handed a finished product as soon as possible.

I did not give them much input besides the text I wanted to be displayed on the site and the general feel I was going for. Varfaj handled the rest. They provided a finished website with over 10 pages.

The team consisted of two developers from Varfaj.

Almost every user comments on how our UI stands out and how clean the website is. I attribute this to their team's design eye.

I was in collaboration with one project manager, and every single deadline was met. I didn't have to haggle with them or constantly bother them. They came to me whenever they had questions and met every single goal in a timely manner.

The company culture was the most impressive thing to me. Everyone on their team seemed rather self-motivated to get things done. The developers were extremely forward with me and made sure I had all my needs met.

Platform Dev for Inspirational Messaging Service

"We were blown away by how quickly the first version fo the completed product was delivered..."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Varfaj provide end-to-end development for an inspirational messaging platform that sends SMS messages to users weekly. They also automated a referral system that rewards users for referring their friends.

Founder & CEO, Inspirational Message Service

Thanks to an earlier-than-expected delivery of the first version, the platform launched ahead of schedule and attracted a constantly growing user base. Fast responses allow changes to be made quickly and communication to be highly transparent. Customers can expect both speed and quality.

I'm the founder and CEO of a platform that allows users to sign up for weekly inspirational quotes sent directly to them every Monday through SMS.

For what projects/services did your company hire Varfaj?

We hired Varfaj for front- and backend development for the website and web application. They also automated the delivery of quotes to clients along with the automation of a referral system.

Our main goal was to build a platform that would motivate people every Monday by texting them an inspirational quote. Another goal was to have an automated referral system with an intuitive dashboard for our users to earn money by referring friends to the platform.

A couple of colleagues I work with have worked with Varfaj in the past, and they recommended I use them to build out my website. We had a few other vendors we spoke to in consideration, but Varfaj's impressive showcase and welcoming team inclined us to move forward with them.

Varfaj built the whole system for us, along with automating a referral system. We came to Varfaj with just an idea. They were responsible for design and development. We discussed our key functionalities and desired features and we got going. Shortly after, we were already receiving wireframes and mockups for the entire platform.

The team was composed of a dedicated project manager, designer, and development team that was overseen by the CTO. The CEO has been with us the whole time, making sure everything was running smoothly.

The first version of our product was completed quickly, and we were able to launch sooner than we expected. We are very pleased with the results so far as we are beginning to pick up more and more users daily. The team is still with us to ensure everything is running smoothly and to handle necessary updates.

Varfaj also provides marketing services, which are convenient, and we are currently strategizing a plan to grow our company to something huge.

I was very impressed with the project management. We were given consistent updates daily through Slack, which was our primary form of communication. Anytime we request a progress update our project manager gets back to us immediately. Overall, we haven't faced any communication issues.

The overall experience is just unmatched. Everything is swift and work is rapid. We were blown away by how quickly the first version fo the completed product was delivered and how well-built it was.

At the moment, I don't see any areas for improvement. Varfaj has blown us away and nailed every aspect of the project, from idea to product.

Overall Score Satisfied in every area overall.
    Calls were set up weekly for progress updates and strategy. Never had an issue with coordination or scheduling.
    We were pleased with the project cost, as it landed within our budget, unlike other vendors.
    Everything from design to development was of the highest quality. We haven't had any issues with bugs.
    Wouldn't refer a friend anywhere other than Varfaj after my excellent experience.

Web Redesign and Dev for Ecommerce Platform

"Varfaj provides customized service and solutions to our business; we never feel like just another client with them."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Varfaj revamped an e-commerce website built on WordPress. They redesigned its front- and backend and created plugins to automate core processes. The project is ongoing.

Scarsdale, New York
Owner, SoleStrike

The plugins have increased business efficiency, leading to more orders and more work for Varfaj. The team delivers high-quality, customized tools on time and at excellent value. Communicative, dedicated, and accessible, they lead a smooth and productive workflow.

I’m the owner of SoleStrike, an online business in the sneaker industry. We connect customers to limited release sneakers and clothing from official retailers for a fee.

What challenge were you trying to address with Varfaj?

After multiple unsuccessful projects with freelancers and specialized developers, we needed a development partner with multiple resources and skills in-house. We were looking to revamp our e-commerce website and make our business more efficient.

Varfaj redesigned the front- and backend of our WordPress website. They automated several tasks—such as refunding orders or putting up products—using custom plugins. They also created tools specific to our business that improve our efficiency. Lastly, they implemented ways to make our social media accounts—our primary tool for marketing—more attractive to customers.

I work with Steven (CEO, Varfaj), Ben (CTO, Varfaj), and Niv (COO, Varfaj). Niv serves as our project manager, and Ben is in charge of the development team.

How did you come to work with Varfaj?

I knew Steven from working in the same industry as him. I heard about Varfaj through him and decided that partnering with them would benefit my business.

We’ve spent $30,000 so far.

We started working together in October 2018, and the project is ongoing.

The plugins and tools built by Varfaj have brought us a lot more business. We can take in more orders and successfully complete them. Our newfound efficiency makes my job easier. Varfaj is now working on other websites for us as well.

How did Varfaj perform from a project management standpoint?

The team has excellent communication. They provide both weekly and daily updates on their progress through Slack, emails, or a group text message. By having multiple ways to reach out to Varfaj, I can choose whichever is most efficient for me at the moment. I always have someone I can contact if needed. Ben keeps the team on track to meet our deadlines and milestones, and Niv gives us regular reports.

Varfaj provides customized service and solutions to our business; we never feel like just another client with them. I definitely feel like they genuinely care about improving my business according to our specific needs and wants.

As of right now, I can’t think of anything negative to say about them. Varfaj’s team is efficient and easy to communicate with. If anything, their work and processes have exceeded my expectations.

Clients should communicate exactly what they’re looking for with Varfaj. The team will then make sure that their expectations align with the client’s. We’ve never had any issues with hidden fees—Varfaj is transparent about the scope of work and the costs in advance. They also make sure to resolve any problems as they come up. So long as a client communicates with them, I don’t anticipate they’ll have any problems.

Overall Score I'm happy with everything Varfaj has done for me so far.
    We can track their progress easily. I can’t complain about any timeliness issues or missed deadlines.
    They charge cost-prohibitive prices, but their services are work it.
    Varfaj delivers exactly what we’re looking for, and it works just the way I wanted it to.

Web Dev for Sneaker Resale Marketplace

"They designed and developed my website, and brought my idea to life."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Varfaj is designing and developing a new website for a sneaker consignment marketplace.

Miami, Florida
Dean Ismajli
Owner, Snkrspot

Varfaj's web development work is high-quality. They meet all deadlines and fulfill all expectations.

Owner at snkrspot, a consignment website for sneakers and hype items such as, Supreme, Bape, Funkos and more

To develop our website.

To work with a sophisticated company and to be able to make my dream into a reality. The website is under construction but so far it’s better then anything I’ve ever seen

They where recommend by another agency.

They designed and developed my website, and brought my idea to life.

4 people, each worked in they’re own area

The project has shown that even with the budget we had at the moment we were able to turn our dreams into reality

It was very effective and it was organized well

The quick response, and ability to turn my demands into actions in a timely manner.

Overall Score I’m astonished by the companies ability to execute demands, and turn dreams into a reality!
    Great they where able to work with my schedule!
    Affordable and met my budget
    Website is turning out great
    Very likely

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Electronics Reseller

"They were accessible almost 24/7."

Mar. 2019 - Apr. 2019

Varfaj developed a website, integrating plug-ins to help collect and analyze platform data as well as manage customers. The team also created and executed marketing campaigns to build engagement.

Miami, FL
Bluetooth Electronics Reseller

As a result of Varfaj’s efforts, product sales have increased. Successfully synchronizing systems on the platform, the team generated results. They were responsive throughout the engagement, which ensured valuable collaboration.

We resell bluetooth electronics from China. We used Varfaj to help create a cool, interactive website and marketing campaigns. We also used them to create/install plug-ins to help analyze data and manage customers.

Web Design Data Analytics Software Integration

To create more conversions on our website.

I came across them through a friend who'd previously used them.

Helped install plugins. Helped plan a marketing campaign. Helped set up data collection systems. Then, they synchronized these systems so we could generate results.

We communicated with 1 person, who then relayed our messaged to the Varfaj team & ensured they were handled in a timely manner.

Before hiring Varfaj, we had viewers but not 1 sale. After using Varfaj we finally have sold products to customers!

Through a Varfaj point of contact who relayed messages. We communicated via e-mail, slack, and phone.

They were accessible almost 24/7.

No suggestions.

Database Backend Dev for Proxy Company

"The most impressive thing about Varfaj was probably their expertise and ability to identify issues."

Jan. - Mar. 2019

Varfaj upgraded the backend of a database to optimize performance while increasing system security. They examined the ASP.NET framework and identified problematic areas of C# code.

Westport, Conneticut
Co-Founder, eProxy, LLC

Varfaj succeeded in troubleshooting the database—boosting website security, speed, and functionality. They improved the system structure entirely and were able to identify unseen issues. With their unrivaled expertise and excellent communication, the collaboration was near-perfect.

I am the cofounder of a company that owns proxy servers and sells proxies to our customers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Varfaj?

We hired Varfaj to help us upgrade our backend. Our existing backend was very slow and sometimes frustrated our customers, so we figured that Varfaj could help us solve that issue.

Our goals were to upgrade our database (connected to our web app) in such a way that it would perform faster yet remain secure than what we had.

We were recommended to Varfaj by the owners of another company who had used them in the past for their projects.

Varfaj helped us with our ASP.NET program which utilized the Mongo DB C# driver. They reviewed our code and identified multiple points where we were hindering our own performance, and aided us in improving the overall structure of our database. Things like allocating customers products were not performing optimally. Varfaj really shined in making our website a lot faster with our daqtabase

The project had about 3 people that would communicate with us regularly. Varfaj was very good about their communication which we greatly appreciated.

Our website became much faster (and safer) after our experience with Varfaj. We are grateful that another set of eyes could help us to identify where we could improve our code.

The project team that was assigned to us was very effective with their c ode review and helping us write new code to use in our backend.

The most impressive thing about Varfaj was probably their expertise and ability to identify issues. There were multiple things that we wouldn't have even thought of in relation to how were were doing certain actions within our database.

We had a near-perfect experience with Varfaj, so we could not really think about any areas for improvement. The price was definitely very fair.

Overall Score Overall extremely pleasant to work with.
    Varfaj was always on time and we never had to worry about communication issues.
    Definitely very fair for the industry.
    Varfaj completed more than what we had originally expected.
    We had no issues whatsoever, so definitely would recommend them.