Strategic Omni-channel Solution Partner

Founded in 2008, Vaimo is the global leader in delivering award-winning digital  storefronts, omni-channel solutions and mobile apps. Our only focus is to accelerate B2B and B2C sales for our brand, retail and manufacturer clients. With 15 global offices across EMEA and APAC and over 300 employees, we provide an international presence that allows us cultivate close, long-term

relationships with our clients. With a focus on driving digital innovation our services cover the full-spectrum of your Commerce needs ranging from strategy, design, development, optimisation, cloud services, all the way to wherever your Commerce initiatives reach. We deliver solutions around B2B, B2C, Omni-Channel, PIM, Order Management and Business Intelligence.

Every year, Vaimo wins awards in recognition of our commitment to technical excellence, innovation and satisfaction. Among others, we have received the Gazelle Award (6th consecutive years), listed as Econsultancy’s top 100 digital agencies (2 consecutive years) and Magento has recognised Vaimo's leadership by selecting us as Global Elite Partner in 2017, Commercial Partner of the Year in EMEA in 2017, Omni-channel Partner of the Year in 2016 and EMEA Partner of the Year in 2015.

2008
Stockholm, Sweden

Helly Hansen, Jack Daniel's, BAUHAUS, Lecot-Raedschelders, Mr Price Group, Björn Borg, Polarn O. Pyret, Fjällräven, Oticon Medical, Dyson, Brown-Forman, SLO, HP, Proactiv+, Daniel Wellington, Tous, Absolut Art, Filippa K, HYLETE, Agent Provocateur, Fixfast, Sixpad, Primus, Selver, Kaubamaja, LSA International, JD Group, Eventyrsport, Vekenkaluste, Bauhof, Sova, Engelsons, Royal Academy of Arts, Gymgrossisten, Safaricom, Osprey London, Tilbords, Glitter, Stiga, Sleepo, Paulig, Dr, Denim

Magento Implementation For Boutique Retailer

"The design sensibility is...just super clean, super easy to use, and intuitive."

2013 - Ongoing

Vaimo built a Magento e-commerce system for managing a complex inventory of consignment apparel. They provided visual and functional design, customization, and front-end development.

New York City Metro Area
Vice President of Business Development, Flight Club

The new system reduced errors, supported mobile purchases, and allowed the site to be updated live. This improved functionality grew the business by 70 percent. Vaimo put effort into devising custom solutions and building a lively user experience. Their designs were responsive and sophisticated.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We’re a custom sneaker consignment store that sells limited edition and rare sneakers. We’ve been around since 2005. We’ve got two separate brick-and-mortar locations, one in New York and one in L.A., and a website that we’ve replatformed to Magento Enterprise Edition, which we launched last November [of 2013].

I run all of our business development, which means everything digital. If there’s a screen involved, I’m handling it, along with marketing, strategy, and a bunch of other things. I’m the key vendor decision-maker, for the most part.

Could you describe the business challenges that you were attempting to address when you first approached Vaimo?

Consignment is one of those verticals in business that isn’t really catered to ecommerce solutions. Where most providers might have a single-item SKU [stock keeping unit] with 300 individual counts behind it, for example, we have a product SKU, and then we have individually serialized IDs for each and every product we carry, because each product has a different owner. That complexity was a huge part of what we needed to solve with our system. In our old system the inventory wasn’t updated in real time. As a result, we were refunding a good 25-30 percent of our orders on a daily basis because we couldn’t fill orders based on what was selling on the site. We didn’t have the internal expertise to solve the issue ourselves, so we went looking for a partner to help us implement a solution.

Could you describe the scope of work in greater detail?

There was a very large design component and considerable Magento customization. They’ve pretty much helped us with everything, from start to finish. The only component that they didn’t handle was our backend integration, which we handled in New York with another vendor. They were our dedicated design and development team.

How did you select Vaimo as your solution partner?

It was a long process. We looked at a handful of vendors, but our initial plan was to find a vendor in New York. We dug through a lot of New York vendors, and there’s a lot of talent here but, at the end of the day, we were very impressed by some of the visuals that Vaimo could deliver. They have a very strong creative team. That was what lured us out to Sweden, even though originally we wanted to stay right here where we’re located. I would say it was pretty much their visual acumen that brought us into the fold.

When was the most recent project completed?

We still use them for maintenance and support on a month-to-month basis. It’s not really a formal retainer, but more of a pay for hours situation. We have a lot of ongoing projects with them because we’re constantly trying to upgrade and enhance our online presence.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

We’re up 70 percent business-wise since our relaunch in November, which in less than a year. We haven’t even been though the holiday season yet, which I think is going to be even crazier. That’s really the best indicator of success so far. In additional to that, our entire inventory can now be updated in real-time, so we’re not losing out on orders we can’t fulfill. We perform nearly 25 percent of our transactions through mobile devices, which is essentially up from zero, if you go back to pre re-launch, because we didn’t have a mobile site then. Those are the most important metrics.

When working with Vaimo, is there anything you’d consider unique about their approach and/or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

I think that a lot of other vendors, their solutions are what you could consider out of the box. They look a lot more cookie cutter in terms of what they try to put in front of you. With Vaimo, specifically, they really put a lot of thought and energy into creating something custom that works and excites the end users. A lot of that translates into the visual pieces, but you can’t really understate how important that is. The design sensibility is really something, just super clean, super easy to use, and intuitive.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

I don’t have any criticisms. We’ve had nothing but positive experiences with Vaimo.

I’ve done so in the past, too.

Magento Implementation For Home Improvement Company

"They are a group of energetic people with a proven track record of delivering valuable solutions."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2011 - Ongoing

Using Magento, Vaimo built and implemented a custom e-commerce platform for the selling of building materials. They also provide employee training and ongoing support for the platform.

Midmarket

Switzerland
IT Manager, Services & Infrastructure

The solution has contributed to above-average growth rates. Vaimo puts significant effort into learning the nuances of the building industry and customizing the solution to address specific concerns. Their adaptive approach, reliable work ethic, and timely delivery make them an excellent partner.

Could you briefly describe your company?

We’re a DYI company. We’re still building materials and everything for home improvement. In the U.S., you have the Home Depot. We are a European version of that.

I’m the IT manager.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you began working with Vaimo?

In Europe, the building materials industry has been very slow to get online. Very few companies exist in our industry with ecommerce capabilities. Of the large change in Sweden, we were the first to move into this area. We started almost three years ago with Vaimo, and that was the pilot project for our company in Europe, starting with Sweden.

Could you describe the scope of the project? For instance, did it include custom design, development, training, or support?

Vaimo’s part has primarily been development of the frontend and backend of the eCommerce solution. They have also helped with training of my eCommerce personnel, but that has not been a very big part. It’s perhaps 30 or 50 hours we’ve put into that part. Vaimo also supports the solution in the day-to-day business.

What eCommerce platform do you utilize?

We began with the Magento community edition. We are currently switching to the Magento enterprise edition.

Why did you select Magento as your eCommerce solution compared to some of its competitors?

That’s difficult to explain shortly. When I took on this project back in 2010, the Swedish part of the company had started with a local Swedish product, which I actually don’t remember the name of. I discussed this issue with our parent company in Germany. They did some tests on the Magento solution for one of our brands. They recommended that I look into the Magento solution. In the end, we went with the Magento solution for Sweden, because it’s ultimately a much more complex product and better suited for our needs.

How did you select Vaimo as your solution partner?

That was the fun part. I chose Magento as a product, and then I went on Magento’s website. I searched for service providers close to our location. When I conducted this search, there were three companies based out of Stockholm. I introduced myself to all three of them. The one that gave me the best feeling was Vaimo.

Could you give me a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

We’ve spent approximately $1 million.

When was this project completed?

The first launch was back in 2011. We then relaunched in 2012 with the upgrade. Now, we’ll relaunch soon with the third version. It’s essentially an ongoing project. I don’t think we will ever cease, but we started selling after six months, and then we have provided more functionality. That’s a journey that we will continue in the years to come. Your eCommerce solution has to be alive. It’s not a static world. We are constantly developing new functionality and new services for our customers. We will not stop doing that in the foreseeable future.

In terms of results, do you have any statistics or metrics you could share that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

I can’t share sales numbers with you, but the results have been well beyond our expectations. The growth rate we’re witnessing is above the market growth rate in Sweden. There is, of course, official statistics of all eCommerce within our sector. We performed much better than those numbers. In terms of percentages, I am happy. Last year, Sweden had a growth of 18 percent in our industry in the ecommerce sector. By comparison, we experienced growth of more than 100 percent. I’m clearly not unhappy with that performance.

How do you think Vaimo performed on these projects?

Vaimo performed as expected. The building industry is a difficult to move into the eCommerce space because we have many difficult products. Most companies like Vaimo are coming from the book, the CDs, the clothing industry, where freight is not the biggest problem in the world. When you move into the building industry and you have to move concrete, tiles and stuff like that, then freights become problematic. They had to learn my business. They had to understand that everything within my industry is not as simple as the clothing industry. If my customers regret their purchases, then it can be a cost of several hundred dollars to get the products back to the workshop. By comparison, if you regret buying a new pair of shoes, it’s like $10 to return. That difference of scale is a game changer. Vaimo was exemplary on the technical side. I feel that they have put their energy into understanding that I have different needs than many of their other customers. I’m happy with that. As for all partners, in the end, it’s person specific. You have to make sure that you have a good team as your technology partner. I have seen to it that the people who can deliver are on my team, and the people that can’t deliver are not on my team. That’s how I like to work.

When working with Vaimo, is there anything you would consider unique or special about them compared to other service providers you’ve worked with?

That’s a difficult question, but I would say their flexibility. They are a group of energetic people with a proven track record of delivering valuable solutions on a consistent basis. If they have to work late, they always do. There’s no hassle. It’s hassle free when we plan. They pretty much always deliver on time, and that’s not always the norm. They respect my deadlines.

That depends on the friend or colleague situation. I rarely refer companies in that sense, but if the circumstances presented themselves, then I’d be more than happy to recommend their services.

Magento Implementation For Swedish Apparel Retailer

"They have highly developed skills and expertise."

Vaimo built a scalable Magento e-commerce platform to sell clothing and other apparel. The project's ultimate goals were to boost efficiency, process high volumes of data, and simplify maintenance.

Stockholm, Sweden
Jimmy Edlund
Web Content Manager, Björn Borg

Customers appreciate the new site's intuitive user interface and simplified purchase processing. Vaimo's broad talent base and efficient project management process enabled them to independently complete each element of the solution. The team addressed all issues promptly and completely.

Could you briefly describe your company?

We are a clothing and apparel company, and our main production focus is underwear for men and women. Our product lines include shoes, socks, undergarments, casual attire, and outerwear.

I’m the Web content manager, which means I take care of all the graphics regarding our website and some technical aspects of our eCommerce platform.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you initiated the projects with Vaimo?

First of all, we wanted to have better eCommerce system. Our previous system was cumbersome to maintain and unnecessarily complex. We decided to look for different options in alternative platforms and other third-party vendors, which is how we were introduced to Vaimo. Ultimately, we wanted a system that could increase process efficiency, and sales volumes on a daily basis.

What eCommerce platform did you select?

Magento.

Why did you choose Magento as opposed to some of its counterparts?

We selected Magento because it seemed to be and, we confirmed later, that it’s a very adaptable solution. We were also attracted to it based on its scalability. We know several larger firms using Magento for their business needs, and they’ve expressed nothing, but appreciation for the product. Magento just seemed like the right platform for our immediate and future needs.

How did you select Vaimo as your service provider?

We met a few potential partners. I think the main reason why we chose Vaimo was because they could demonstrate to us that they had already developed a lot of modular components for other customers. That’s exactly what we needed. We needed our solution customized to our specific needs and goals.

Could you give a sense of the size of this project in monetary terms?

I would say it was about 1.5 million Swedish Crowns, or approximately $230,000.

When was this project completed?

We launched the site in August of 2012.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

We’ve received a lot of positive feedback from our customers, first of all.  Since we launched it, we’ve done quite a lot of things regarding the front end, changes to make it better all the time. In general, all positive feedback.

How do you think Vaimo performed on this project?

I think they performed very well. They have highly developed skills and expertise, both on the backend and the frontend, which is excellent. There were significant barriers and challenges along the way, but we managed to overcome each and every one of them.

In retrospect, are there any areas that you feel Vaimo could have improved upon or things you might do differently before approaching this type of project?

On the development side, there isn’t anything I would recommend or do differently a second time around. That said, I do believe there could have been better project management on their behalf. Strict timeframes for task completion, regular updates and follow up, vetted proposals, etc., would have been a welcomed addition to the process.