A boutique digital strategy firm

Usman Group is a boutique digital strategy, market research and web design firm that helps organizations plan and execute successful communications and technology initiatives that are elegant, cost-effective and easy to implement.

• Analysis: We are research-driven, and dig deep to understand the needs and desires of your customers and how you want to better serve them.
  • Strategy: We collaborate with your team on creative, proven, actionable approaches that will bring your organizational and business goals to fruition.
  • Execution: We have an extensive, trusted network of experts whom we work closely with to ensure that your strategy has a practical way forward.
  • Measurement: We help our clients articulate what success means to them, develop metrics to measure them and establish feedback loops for continuous improvement.

2006
Denver, CO
  • 201 Milwaukee Street, Suite 200
    Denver, CO 80206
  • 250 Parkway Drive, Suite 150
    Lincolnshire, IL 60069

National Safety Council, Priceline.com, Robert W. Baird & Company, Davita, Chicago Sun-Times, and the University of Chicago.

Internal Communications Development for Priceline.com Image

Internal Communications Development for Priceline.com

Priceline.com helps people get discounted rates for travel-related purchases such as airline tickets and hotel reservations. The challenge for Usman Group was to design a robust company intranet that was as engaging as its consumer-facing marketing and serve as the primary hub for all internal company communications. The team developed an attractive and easy-to-use internal communications portal that their

global workforce could rally around and truly adopt.
Web Development for National Safety Council Image

Web Development for National Safety Council

The National Safety Council engaged the Usman Group to create a stand-alone branded website that would provide information about the latest automotive safety features and provide answers to drivers' questions. The challenge was that the site would have to appeal to drivers of all backgrounds and ages. The Usman Group decided to make the site direct, intuitive and highly skimmable to capture and keep attention.

They used easy to recognize icons in lieu of text with quick, fun quizzes to help steer users to crucial car safety information. The NSC was so happy with the website, they promoted it through multiple traditional media channels and outlets, including outdoor, print, TV, radio, social, paid search and web banner ads.
Web Development and Marketing for Cressey & Company Image

Web Development and Marketing for Cressey & Company

Cressey & Company is one of the most experienced and successful healthcare-focused private equity firms in the country, but they were frustrated with their website. The main issue was their brand identity which was all over the place. Usman Group took on the content development, strategy, and web design. They developed a strategy to augment the content experience that would bring the pages to life. The end

result was a site that worked flawlessly on a variety of systems.
Poplar-Prairie Stone Crossing Image

North Shore Trust & Savings

Myefski Architects Image

Myefski Architects

Digital Marketing & Web Dev for Medical Device Company

“I’ve worked with other SEO companies, and I think Usman Group does the best work.”

2013 - Ongoing

Usman Group provides a range of digital services, handling both organic search and paid ads. They’ve done SEO, Google Ads, and website builds. They’re currently supporting end-clients on their digital needs.

Fremont, California
Co-Founder & CMO, Medical Device Company

Usman Group sustains a long-term partnership by delivering impressive results, including organic traffic growth and order conversions. The team maintains solid digital expertise and handles project management well. They’re able to pull in the right resources to complete various projects.

I’m the co-founder and CMO of a medical device company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

I’ve worked with them at several different companies in various positions.

I initially hired them for SEO, but over the years, I’ve worked with them on a host of different projects, including building websites, SEO, and Google Ads. They’ve done both organic search and paid ads.

For one project, another company had launched a website, and there was an error that caused us to lose all of our built-up SEO. Naveed (Principal & CEO) helped rebuild the SEO from scratch. That was a tedious and difficult process, but they were able to get it back to where it was and even exceed that. It took a couple of years, but it was a big project.

Right now, Usman Group is helping us support some of our clients on their digital needs. That includes website rebuilds and SEO.

It’s hard to say because it’s changed over the years. Naveed merged with another company. I’ve worked with a lot of the team, but I’ve mostly worked with Naveed. He’s a key player in all of the projects.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

Naveed was working with a company when I came in to work for that company.

I’m not sure how much we’ve spent over the years. It varies; a website project costs a lot more than monthly SEO.

Our work together began in 2013, and it’s ongoing.

The organic traffic growth we saw on the project I mentioned was big. We’ve also seen order conversion through paid ads. I’m very metrics-based, so that’s a big thing for me.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a really nice job. Naveed has definitely strengthened his team’s project management capabilities over the years. They use Basecamp for project management.

I’ve worked with other SEO companies, and I think Usman Group does the best work. They know their stuff and get results, and that’s what I’m interested in.

Their digital expertise is why we keep coming back to them. They stay up to date on trends and what’s changing. They also have a network so that they can pull in the right people to get the project done.

No, I think they do a nice job.

Like any project, you need to know the outcome you want. For instance, if you’re looking for SEO growth, you need to keep a pulse on that and make adjustments or shifts throughout the project.

Sometimes, I have to stay on them.

SEO Consulting for Food Manufacturer

"Usman Group’s extremely fast, so we’ve made significant progress in only a couple of months."

June 2020 - Ongoing

A food manufacturer engaged Usman Group to advance their website’s visibility. Following a site audit, the team developed a strategy to advance SEO campaigns. They primarily direct on-site SEO initiatives.

St. Louis, Missouri
Marketing Communications Manager, Food Manufacturer

Usman Group successfully identified opportunities for website enhancements and implemented effective solutions that increased the platform’s position in keyword search results. Their organization and responsiveness lead to seamless collaboration. They deliver valuable insights and services.

I’m the marketing communications manager for a food manufacturer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

We wanted to increase our overall search engine statistics whether that be through the use of keywords or other forms of media.

Usman Group provides on-site SEO services, focusing on our food website. They analyzed the platform and then provided us with their professional opinions for improvements. Their team advises us on organic initiatives. They use professional services to track keywords such as Google Analytics.

I directly communicate with Naveed (Principal and CEO) He also has a team who assists with elements on the website project.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

My predecessor wanted to engage Usman Group a couple of years ago. They discussed plans to work together but the project fell through. Our sister group within the organization used their services to help with their website. When I started this position, I caught Naveed’s name and contacted him. After analyzing our site, he came up with a proposal. We decided it would be a great partnership.

We spend about $3,000 a month on their services.

Our contract started in June 2020, and we’ll work together until the end of the year.

Since working with Usman Group, our presence in specific keyword searches improved. We’ve seen gradual progress with our positions in search engines, especially Google. They made fantastic observations about our site and came up with a plan to mitigate problems, which was extremely helpful.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Prior to signing the contract, Naveed came up with a formal timeline with milestones. It created a clear picture of the project and made it easy for me to pitch the partnership to my management.

We track all of our tasks in Basecamp. They provide regular updates on tasks. Naveed sends to-dos, and I meet with him every week. He responds to emails if I need something in the interim. Naveed’s accessible, so I never have trouble getting in touch with him.

Usman Group’s extremely fast, so we’ve made significant progress in only a couple of months. It’s also easy to work with them. I enjoy meeting with Naveed. It doesn’t feel like a struggle to partner with him. Usman Group has made this fun by coaching me through the project, which is a really unique quality.

This may be just the dynamic of working in a home office, however, it can be difficult to have phone conversations. There can be delays on the calls.

It’s important to be candid about what you know, don’t know, and expect from them. That’s how you’ll see the best results.

WordPress Web Redesign for Food Marketing Company

"Usman Group’s client-oriented and understands a lot about different businesses."

Aug. 2020 - Ongoing

Usman Group initially developed a WordPress website from scratch for a food marketing company. Later, the team redesigned the platform and helped to revamp its content to update the client’s web presence.

President & Founder, Food Marketing Company

The team produced deliverables to the satisfaction of stakeholders. Informed by extensive industry experience, Usman Group’s leadership built capable teams and offered strategic advice to advance marketing initiatives. Their creativity and transparency supported an efficient and punctual engagement.

I’m the president and founder of a food marketing company. We finance and market crops.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

I wanted to leverage my company’s reputation and financial strength on its website to refresh the business’s presence online. I needed to refine the website that I previously set up with them.

Usman Group built our initial website, which involved building modules on top of a WordPress template. During this project, their team concentrated on the website’s flow. They used a template and transferred information from our previous website, so we didn’t create the platform from scratch. However, we did update images and text.

I worked with Naveed (Principal and CEO) who has a wealth of subcontractors. Only one other individual helped with this project.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I first discovered Naveed through a Google search for local companies that build websites. Naveed was in his previous company, which I hired to build my first website. I enjoyed working with them and had confidence in their knowledge of development. I couldn’t think of any agency that I would hire other than Usman Group.

The project cost about $6,5000.

We started this project in August and finished it in September 2020.

I’m definitely satisfied with the work that Usman Group delivered. Naveed thinks strategically about marketing. He pushes his clients to open their minds to different ideas and think outside of the box.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Basecamp to track the project, and they met every deadline. Their team made sure that I knew that I had obligations. That contributed to the project’s smoothness. We met just about all of our projections.

After running a larger company, Naveed distilled his subcontractor base to people he has complete trust in. I have a lot of confidence in Usman Group.

If you look at their website, it’s almost self-explanatory. They have a talent for putting together different elements into a creative website.

Usman Group’s client-oriented and understands a lot about different businesses. They have a rich background of experiences with different companies and organizations. That’s unique. It also gives them an edge in knowing what their client wants and how to achieve it. Experience pays off. Naveed’s able to put together teams to build sites that people want to click.

No, I can’t think of anything for them to improve.

Ensure there’s clarity between your expectations and Usman Group’s expectations. It’s important for everyone to be on the same page. Be clear about who’s responsible for which aspects of the website such as content and images.

Site Revamp & Maintenance & SEO for Workforce Solutions Co

"Usman makes recommendations based on our unique needs."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Usman Group facilitated the revamp of a website for a workforce solutions company. The team consulted on tools to manage social media and track user behavior. They maintain the site and support SEO initiatives.

Theresa Baldwin
Marketing Manager, LAUNCH Technical

Usman Group implemented website advancements that effectively secured greater amounts of traffic and conversions. They identified cost-effective resources that led to a more intuitive platform. The team’s efficient and communicative. Their personalized service enables a lasting partnership.

I’m the marketing manager at LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

Originally, our company engaged them to refresh our website.

Usman Group collaborated with one of our partners — a design agency — and refreshed our website. When we had to move to a different hosting company, their team found us a good option. As well, Usman Group recommended that we use Hootsuite to inexpensively manage all of our social media. They also recommended that we use Crazy Egg to track how people use our website.

In addition, we had a couple of projects that were outside of basic maintenance. Our website lists a huge number of jobs and contains a search function. Their team helped to change the search function's code. They also made a smaller change to the code.

Their team provides us with a certain number of hours for maintenance each month. Also, they help us with our SEO efforts.

My direct contact’s Naveed (Principal and CEO) who works with outside developers. There are two people on that team.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I wasn’t with the company when we initially engaged Usman Group. However, I believe that the company found them through our partner design agency.

Originally, we set up a service agreement for $1,500 a month. In light of COVID and changes to our business needs, we reduced that service agreement to $750 a month. One project cost about $5,000 and the smaller change to the code cost $625.

I started with the company in January 2020, so that’s when I started working with Usman Group. We have an ongoing relationship with the service agreement.

Usman helped us to gain more traffic to our website. Through the tools that their team recommended, they made our website more user friendly. Their team also helped us to optimize our site for the user, which in turn, increased traffic and conversions.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team uses Basecamp to help everyone stay aligned on every piece of the project. Their project management’s very effective. They quickly turnaround results. Their team’s responsive and meets deadlines.

Usman makes recommendations based on our unique needs. They pushed us out of our comfort zone and recommended tools that work with our budget. Hootsuite and Crazy Egg are manageable resources that I wouldn’t have found without Usman.

No, not at this moment.

Ask a lot of questions and maximize them as a resource. Allow them to offer different avenues and resources. They’re experts that can bring unique ideas to the table.

Dashboard Development for Real Estate Consulting Firm

“They were able to work in a technical realm but speak to us in a familiar and comfortable way.”

Nov. 2018 - June 2019

Usman Group designed and developed a web dashboard tool for a real estate consulting firm's clients, implementing various functions and handling the layout. Deliverables included an interactive prototype.

San Diego, California
VP, Real Estate Consulting Firm

Usman Group successfully translated the client’s requirements into a well-designed, functional tool. The client was impressed by the sharp mockup they presented, as well as their ability to communicate technical language in simple terms. The team worked independently and kept the project on track.

I’m the VP of core services at a real estate consulting company. We’re an owners’ representative in the real estate industry, so we often work with real estate developers, nonprofits, and large corporations to help them develop large capital projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

Naveed (Founder) and Usman Group had created our website that's currently up and running, which I was really impressed by.

We turned to them again to help develop a dashboard tool for our client services. We wanted the tool to serve as a one-stop-shop for clients to be able to see the health of their projects and how their portfolio is doing.

Usman not only helped with programming but also the look and feel, the design, the layout, and what offerings we would have on the dashboard. They worked on usability, graphic UI, flow, and how the tool actually worked.

I don’t know the specific technologies they used to build the dashboard, and from my perspective, that’s a good thing, because they worked seamlessly to me. They created an interactive prototype that placed a mockup of the tool on a website.

I only worked with two people from their team. Naveed was our main contact, and he managed the process.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I don’t know what the original connection was. I was recommended to them by our marketing department, and I was initially concerned because I’m in San Diego and they’re in Chicago. This was pre-COVID, so we weren’t quite as adept at doing video conferencing. However, I was told that they were great communicators. I didn’t have any problems with how they managed the project.

I believe it was $15,000 for the dashboard, and then we did some additional programming after that for $10,000. The website cost more.

Our work together began in November 2018, and it ended around June 2019.

The biggest advantage they brought was that, being a technical company, they understood what was possible, but then they spoke in a language that was understandable to a non-technical person.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They did well with project management; if anything, they had to nudge us along, because I was pretty busy at the time with my primary role. They did a good job of tactfully nudging me to meet our milestones, which is an art form. They didn’t come across as pushy, but at the same time, they moved things along. I was glad to have internal deadlines, regularly scheduled meetings, and reminders. As far as managing a client, that was really helpful. Then, as far as managing down, it was pretty seamless. They worked with another company for programming services. I was involved in a couple of technical sessions with them when they had specific questions, but I mostly didn’t have to interface with them. Usman was able to speak the same language and manage them, so I didn’t need to be involved in the nitty-gritty.

They used Basecamp to manage the project. They also used another tool — UserTesting.com — to display the interactive prototype that they created. Even though it was just a mockup, it looked really sharp. At the time, I actually thought it was the final product, but they said they were going to enhance it further.

I liked the way that they were able to communicate and interpret our requirements. I gave them a full spec with all of the things that I wanted to do, but they did the layouts themselves. They were able to extract from us what we needed and put it into a nice-looking format. From there, I’d mark things up and they’d quickly make the changes. It was a good, collaborative flow.

Their communication style set them apart. They were able to work in a technical realm but speak to us in a familiar and comfortable way. I’m sure there was a lot in the background that needed to be dealt with as well as certain limitations, but they didn’t throw a bunch of jargon at us. We could always understand them, and when there were limitations, they were upfront about them.

If they could provide those programming services in-house that they brought the other company on for, that might be an enhancement. I didn’t have any problem with it, per se, but it might’ve been more streamlined from their perspective to have the services in-house. However, since we’ve worked with them, they’ve expanded their services, so they might've already brought them in-house.

Be prepared, because they’re able to move quickly. It’s easy for you as the client to actually be the bottleneck in the process. They were not only prepared for deadlines but often chomping at the bit to get necessary internal decisions.

WordPress Web Development for Interior Design Firm

"Usman Group has dedicated team members who are experts in their areas."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

From the ground up, Usman Group developed a website for an interior design company. The team designed the platform following aesthetic requirements. They built the UX/UI to accommodate different end users.

President, Michelle's Interiors

Usman Group delivered a distinct and intuitive website that successfully exemplified the brand identity. The team is punctual and provides project management tools that facilitate transparent and effective collaboration. Their efficiency and specialized resources enable repeat engagement.

My company’s Michelle's Interiors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

I wanted a website that functioned well and engaged users. I needed the website to represent my company's level of design. My ultimate goal for the website was to show how we work as a team and how we make it so that the client doesn’t lift a finger.

Usman Group built a custom website using WordPress. We started with an inspiration and collaborated to come up with the concept for what the website would look like. They built the platform to support different end-users, which includes architects, builders, landscapers, and clients. There’s a section of the website that features sustainability, which I’ve recently gotten into.

I had a main point of contact. I also worked with two designers. There was another person who built the website.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I met Naveed (Principal & CEO) through another business partner. I’ve worked with Naveed for over 12 years. He built two other custom websites for me.

We spent $20,000 on their services.

We began this project in February 2020 and it's in the homestretch. The website will go live either this week or the next.

I can already tell that the website’s phenomenal. Many websites look like a template that people altered to work for them, which is fine. As I’m in the creative design world, I wanted my website to represent my work. I’m not cookie-cutter; I’m not trendy. I wanted to show a timeless, holistic design approach, which the website does. It’s easy to get through the site too.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They use Basecamp where we see all of the team’s communications. We check off assignments, so there are deadlines and accountability. When we need a group meeting, we have meetings and discuss whatever’s needed to keep the project moving. Their team’s on top of the project. I like their process and timeline.

Usman Group has dedicated team members who are experts in their areas. The person who codes doesn’t create content because those are different specialties. But then, they all talk together so the end result flows well. I like their creativity too.

No, I’m happy with them. You pay a premium price, but you pay it for a reason. They’re premium; I’m premium and want to get to a premium client.

It’s a time commitment to build a website. For an agency to design and develop a website, you have to give them the needed information. It’s great to create a folder of images. You might have to spend a day or two researching visuals that speak to you.

It’s expensive, but the value’s there.

Web Revamp for Healthcare Company

"The team at Usman Group presented themselves with a high level of integrity."

2010 - 2016

In a branding effort, Usman Group redesigned the frontend of a healthcare company’s website in an attempt to unify multiple entities under one umbrella. The team also implemented features within the platform.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
VP of Marketing & Strategy, Healthcare Company

Usman Group exceeded expectations, delivering a modern website that is still in use today. Their transparency was noteworthy. They’re supportive and knowledgeable. Customers can expect a team of problem-solvers when working with Usman Group.

I’m the former VP of marketing & strategy at a healthcare company. We were primarily a management service company that managed nationwide vascular access centers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

While we’re part of the same network, each vascular access center had its own unique brand. The initial challenge was discovering how to take a multitude of brands and put them under one umbrella.

We also wanted to make it easier for patients and referral sources to know where we were to be able to get to us. Even as they started to engage with us online, we wanted them to understand the scope of services we provided. We wanted an image of being an innovative, cutting-edge company, so we needed an updated website. We wanted the site to send the message that we were easy to work with because of the resources we offered.

The team at Usman Group redesigned the website, focusing on building a new customer-facing frontend. Because we wanted to bring a number of centers underneath one umbrella, we had to find different features to implement.

One feature allowed users to input their zip code and find the closest center to them. They get a map of the US that shows all of the centers within that range. Each center has information placed on the site as well. Then we had legends that gave users a sense of the scope of services. The team also found ways to implement search functionality and video content.

Since we had all of these brands, we also wanted an intranet site where users could go into a password-protected area and receive information that would help serve their patients. The information could also help with engaging their own markets. We also had a feature regarding business opportunities where users could engage to either develop a center or receive management services.

Naveed (Principal & CEO, Usman Group) was the key point person. My director of marketing, marketing designer, and analyst dealt with their program project managers and designers.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I believe in working with networks and referrals from professionals I’ve worked with that I know deliver a high level of quality, have a great sense of integrity, and are forward-looking. I told my network that I was struggling to find an innovative and flexible design house that was affordable. They recommended Usman Group.

Since we’re part of a large Fortune 500 company, we had resources to tap into. Looking across the board, we realized that Usman Group was the right group for us to work with.

We invested between $60,000–$100,000.

We worked with Usman Group from 2010–2016.

We valued Usman Group’s innovation. They found functionalities that helped aggregate the brands, making it easy to find their location and scope of services. Through their nice and elegant development work, we still use the building blocks they gave us. The website still looks fresh.

The team at Usman Group presented themselves with a high level of integrity. They strive to solve problems while remaining transparent. Their team also suggested multiple ways and solutions. I liked what they brought to the table, keeping all of their ideas fresh and different. They were a great partner.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, their team was incredibly structured. The project manager was knowledgeable and on top of things. Basecamp is used to track everything, and it is a nice system. Their team held themselves accountable for delivery and held us responsible as well. As a result, the project was delivered on time and in the budget.

I appreciated that Usman Group provided continued services. They also did a great job of working with the IT teams and providing support when needed. We were also able to manage tasks internally ourselves, which they positioned us to do with the content management tools they had in place.

The team was flexible but disciplined. They hold themselves to a high standard. There were no surprises, but if anything had to change, there were conversations to explore. Usman Group finished everything in a timely manner while remaining flexible.

No, there’s nothing I’d have them improve. Usman Group should continue hiring great people. Because of their culture and team, they’re a nice group to work with. As long as they keep having that same talent base, they’re always going to be a successful group.

Don’t look at Usman Group as a web developer; look at them as a digital strategy partner. It’s better to talk about any problem or solution so that they can use their experience and innovation to find the right answer.

Don’t just go to Usman Group and tell them that you want a website that will increase leads. Clients have to be prepared to talk about what the issues are. Once that’s done, Usman Group can navigate and figure out the right solution and user experience.

Overall Score It was a great experience.
    At the beginning, it may seem expensive, but once you’ve gone through the exercise, you’ll see the value.

Web Dev, Design & SEO for Welding Technology Company

“We’ve had nothing but success with everything they’ve touched.”

2010 - Ongoing

Usman Group designed and developed a website for the US subsidiary of a welding technology company. Their team also continues to provide SEO and keyword analysis.

HR/Sales Admin, Cloos Robotic Welding, Inc.

The website met the expectations of the internal team. Usman Group establishes a smooth workflow, consistently following up with the client to ensure the project stays on track. Their team is hard-working, creative, and easy to work with.

I am the HR and Sales Administrator for Cloos Robotic Welding, Inc, a subsidiary of Carl CLOOS Schweisstechnik GmbH.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

We decided that, as a subsidiary, we needed our own website. Instead of having a German-based website, we wanted one based in the States, where everything was primed for the US market.

Usman Group developed and designed a website for us from scratch. They added videos and photos of systems that weren’t on our other site that allow the consumer to look at the solutions we provide. Their team continues to provide SEO and keyword analysis.

Our main point of contact is Naveed (Principal & CEO, Usman Group).

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

The person handling our IP at the time reached out to Usman Group.

Our ongoing engagement with Usman Group began in 2010.

The quality of their service has been great. Our parent company ended up including a specific landing page for the US subsidiary so we’ve gone ahead and gone back to using the main website.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

When Usman Group gives you a timeline, they stick to it. They continue to follow up and make sure things stay on time.

We’ve had nothing but success with everything they’ve touched.

No, everything went smoothly.

You can’t go wrong with Usman Group, I would definitely recommend them.

Digital Marketing Services & Web Design for Medical Clinic

“I’ve worked with a handful of firms throughout the years, and I’d say Usman Group is hands down the best.”

2013 - Oct. 2015

Usman Group provided digital marketing services, including SEO, PPC, keyword research, and content creation. The team helped revamp the medical clinic’s digital strategy and also redesigned the website.

Former COO, Medical Clinic

They went above and beyond the typical digital marketing firm’s services to provide high-level strategy and insights, ultimately fostering a positive customer experience. Internal stakeholders were impressed by their ability to take on such a niche market, along with their strong business acumen.

At the time, I was the COO of an anti-aging concierge medical clinic.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

My company needed a new digital marketing agency to help with our digital strategy, SEO, and PPC. We were in a very niche market. Additionally, our patients were located all over the world and came from different socioeconomic backgrounds, so we had to manage various patient personas.

First, Naveed (President & CEO, Usman Group) helped us with digital strategy. I led him through our business model and digital marketing strategy, and he helped us come up with a new plan to market our clinic to various patient groups. This included new messaging to get our business in front of different patients. He also did keyword research.

Naveed provided SEO and PPC services. He also wrote content and did copy for our webpages. We were branching into adult stem cell therapy treatment, which is a topic that has a lot of red tape around it; there are things you can and cannot say. Naveed was paramount in putting the right copy on the website for digital marketing purposes while ensuring that we were saying the right things legally.

At the time I left the company, Usman Group was rebuilding the entire website.

I worked very closely with Naveed. We also had a project manager.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

I asked around and Googled digital marketing agencies in the Chicago area. I wanted to find an agency that went deeper than just SEO or PPC; anybody can do paid ads, but what I really needed was somebody who could understand our business strategy and where we wanted to go to take it to that next level. With our previous agency, I had to spell out exactly what we needed to do. I wanted somebody who had expertise that I didn’t have.

I came across Usman Group’s website, and it really spoke to understanding the client’s needs, acting as a consultant, and providing an outside perspective. They seemed capable of going beyond the stereotypical digital marketing services, and that’s what really attracted me. I interviewed Naveed and four other companies, and Naveed struck me as a genuine, caring person. I ended up working with him, and we’ve stayed in touch throughout the years.

I believe we paid a few thousand dollars each month for their SEO, digital marketing, and digital strategy services. I don’t know how much the website rebuild was, as I’d already left the company when it happened.

My company began working with Usman Group in 2013. The partnership continued after I left the practice in October 2015.

Usman Group was excellent to work with. Naveed definitely left a positive and lasting impact on the company with his work. One of the physicians at the clinic was very happy with the website Usman Group redesigned.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Naveed laid out a very thorough plan. We used the work process management platform Basecamp, so what we were doing and when it would be done was very clear. We also had monthly check-in calls to review the metrics.

I’ve worked with a handful of firms throughout the years, and I’d say Usman Group is hands down the best. I was very impressed by Naveed’s business acumen and ability to walk into a new industry and very niche market. He wasn’t just trying to sell me something; he had a higher-level thought process. Naveed really considered what the strategy should be and pointed out things I didn’t see. He was even able to provide additional insights that impacted us, such as questioning whether we had the right processes set up to convert certain leads. He took it one step further than what you traditionally get from a digital strategy firm.

Honestly, I don’t think so. I hadn’t been happy with our previous firm, and Naveed was just excellent. Throughout the years, I’ve done freelance digital marketing work, and to this day, Naveed still stands out as the best person I’ve worked with.

Be prepared to discuss what you’re currently doing and where you’d like to go. One of the best things about working with Naveed is that you can bounce ideas off of him. If you’re not sure how to flush out an idea, don’t be afraid to share it with him; he’s definitely going to surprise you.

I’ve recommended Naveed, as I do some small business consulting on the side. When I need a digital strategy expert, I bring in Naveed.

Wordpress Website Dev & Design for Manufacturing Company

"We appreciated Naveed’s (CEO, Usman Group) expertise and the excellence of his communication."

Feb. 2016 - Feb. 2018

Usman Group fully designed and developed a WordPress website for a manufacturing company. They also organized SEO and PPC campaigns, created relevant product content, and established social media profiles.

Illinois
Former Director of Marketing, Manufacturing Company

Usman Group delivered a responsive and mobile-friendly website and successfully increased awareness and traffic with practical optimization strategies. The team uses an extensive knowledge base to meet client requirements. They are organized and responsive, making for a hassle-free engagement.

I am the former director of marketing at a small manufacturing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Usman Group?

We engaged Usman Group for a range of digital marketing and advertising tasks. We needed a more robust website and a strategy to make our company more visible online.

Our existing website was somewhat raw and static. We relied on Usman Group to manage the lifecycle of designing and developing a responsive and mobile-friendly WordPress site that we could edit and maintain ourselves. Usman Group also built up the content regarding all of the products that we offered—a process that included categorizing about 200 items and making them easily searchable. Additionally, Usman Group coordinated SEO and PPC campaigns to drive traffic to our website and increase our search rankings. Lastly, they established our social media presence on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.

Naveed (Principal/CEO, Usman Group) led much of our project, but he worked alongside a full team of people to help fulfill our needs.

How did you come to work with Usman Group?

The company initiated the relationship with Usman Group before I started in my role, so I am unsure of how we made that decision.

We spent between $50,000–$200,000.

I worked with Usman Group from February 2016–February 2018.

We were very pleased with the results of their work—going from a website that was basically unseen to one that is seen by thousands of people and companies. They drove awareness and traffic to our website. Given we started with almost nothing, everything Usman Group provided was a net positive.

How did Usman Group perform from a project management standpoint?

I remember them being structured well—very organized. Naveed was responsive to any questions or situations that came up.

We appreciated Naveed’s expertise and the excellence of his communication. Everybody in his organization exhibits an impressive breadth of knowledge. They served our needs very well.

No, they provided everything that we needed.