Let's get everybody talking about your brand.

While all exposure is good exposure, we offer brands better exposure.

Our mission is to get everybody talking about your brand.

Established on July 2017, URBA Media proudly has one of the fastest growing Canadian influencer networks targeting major Canadian cities. URBA Media offers professional-grade media production, social media management, influencer marketing, website development and search engine optimization.

• Calgary
  • Edmonton
  • Vancouver
  • Toronto
  • Halifax
  • Saskatoon
  • Montreal
  • Seattle

Daniel Wellington, MVMT, Blowers & Grafton, Paros Real Greek, BLK RBT, Emilio's Bistro + Bar, Little Lot Diner, Niko's Pizza, OMO Teppan & Kitchen, 7/11, Quesada, Mill St, Craft Beer Market, Posto Pizzeria, Famoso, Carls Jr, Calgary Roofing Depot, OPA!, Montana's, Caffe Trieste, JUSFruit

See more at:

Paros' 4th Anniversary

Objective

URBA thought - what happens if we turn a delicious Paros Gyro Wrap into a Birthday Cupcake? Paros had two big events coming up: they were opening their highly anticipiated second location in Downtown Calgary & they were also turning 4 years old.

Action

Coordinating with local models, URBA setup a shoot where models were dressed up as ancient Greek civilians and were blowing on sparklers set on Paros Gyro Wraps.

Results

Engagement on the campaign was incredible on both Paros' social media page and as well on the URBA Network. The campaign was viewed by over 40,000 Calgarians in a 24 hour time period across all pages for the campaign.

Coffee Cup Lovers for 7-Eleven Canada

Objective

URBA Media was assigned the task of creating a campaign on our Instagram platform @DowntownChow to bring awareness and exposure towards 7-Eleven's Coffee Cup Lovers Cup around Valentine's Day.

1. Red cups were for those who were taken
  2. Yellow cups were for those who weren't sure what their status was (i.e. "it's complicated"
  3. Green cups were for those who were single

Action

URBA Media coordinated with various local models in Calgary and set up a shoot at a 7-Eleven location to showcase the concept of the Coffee Cup Lovers cup in more of a lifestyle setting to make the campaign more relatable and humourous.

The inspiration behind the shoot? This very photo with artists G-Eazy and Halsey:

Brand Strategy and Marketing for Soccer Facility

"Not only do they possess expert knowledge, but they also have mastery of the tricks of the trade."

Aug. - Dec. 2018

Using industry research as a guiding principle, URBA Media targeted specific customer demographics with digital marketing campaigns. These campaigns worked in concert with existing branding and culture.

Owner/Operator, Soccer Facility

The campaigns drove a significant increase in customer interactions, which, in turn, caused reservations to expand. URBA’s understanding of industry best-practices and passion for their work bleed into everything they do. Customers can expect a savvy, united team that’s open to feedback.

I’m the owner and operator of an indoor soccer training and play facility that focuses on technical skill development and soccer culture. We serve individual, group, team, and corporate clients, providing field space to train and free play throughout the year.

For what projects/services did your company hire URBA Media?

We were looking to build our brand and establish awareness of our digital platforms. Our user base interacts with online media so much that we needed to connect with them in that environment. As an operator and builder, I had limited experience in the digital world, so we selected URBA to assist with researching and developing campaign concepts and increasing our exposure through their network.

We wanted to see an increase in website activity, and bookings through our site. Additionally, I wanted to see inquiries coming in through our digital accounts grow. This would lead to greater exposure and sales revenue. We wanted to do all this while maintaining our underground culture so we wouldn't overwhelm our potential customers with content.

I’d spoken with three marketing organizations and was actually in the process of picking the best when a member of the URBA organization contacted me about my facility. Mateo (Founder URBA Group), a soccer fan himself, wanted to check us out, play a few games, and take some pictures/videos, seeing as we were in a trendy, new part of the city. After we played, we had an impromptu meeting. Their confidence and knowledge of my industry caused me to consider hiring them as opposed to one of the other three options. Ultimately, it was Mateo’s genuine excitement in talking about his industry, URBA’s aspirations, and my business that confirmed my selection.

In our initial meetings, I expressed my aspirations for my brand, our company goals, and the culture I wished to capture and maintain. We broke down my basic business operations and analyzed them so URBA could gain an understanding of why we did things certain ways. This ensured their campaigns paralleled my processes.

Then, they provided me with research about my industry and digital media’s influence on it. We broke down my user groups, and URBA educated me about the different pathways we could use to attract each one (my demographic is large and mixed). Together, we determined what group we should target, and what mediums/styles we should utilize to reach them. From there, they developed media content, strategically placing and distributing it to our targeted groups. They even used their network/marketing assets (those that paralleled my culture) to maximize distribution.

I worked with both firm principles and content creators. We had relatively clear lines of communication, and everyone possessed a strong understanding of their work and how it was to be distributed.

Since working with URBA, we’ve seen an increase in our reach and exposure leading to an increase in our sales. For example, our first content push saw over 4,800 interactions as opposed to the 150 I saw before URBA came on. We’ve hosted drop-in nights (initiated by URBA) where I’ve had to turn people away, as we were at maximum capacity. Moreover, we now have regular groups use our space 1–2 nights a week. This is key, as it shows the content we produce matches the experience our customers receive. Finally, I have a much better understanding of my business’ potential and the capabilities these types of campaigns have.

It was great. We set up due dates for both them and myself, and they were always on time, even if I wasn’t; but they held me accountable. If anything arose that may have caused a delay, they informed me and developed a contingency. We had regular meetings to discuss the current work, and they always heard my feedback with open ears. Based on my perceptions, they were a very cohesive team.

Most companies I interacted with before selecting URBA had the knowledge and the capabilities, but they didn’t have genuine excitement, and motivation. URBA lives in their industry; it’s their lifestyle. Not only do they possess expert knowledge, but they also have mastery of the tricks of the trade. This is the secret to their confidence and my confidence in them.

URBA is growing, so they’ll need to bring on a few more bodies to handle the workload while maintaining their quality and hitting their goals

They met all deadlines.
    The cost was worth the experience and results. I’d pay them again, too.
    They achieved our goals and deadlines. The quality of content and staff were amazing.
    I've already recommended them.

Video Production Services for an Events Management Company

“URBA Media’s high-quality video production set a new standard.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

URBA Media produced a few promotional videos for a digital marketing campaign. All of the content was filmed and edited by their team.

Calgary
President, Events & Marketing Company

The promotional videos are garnering attention from consumers and competitors alike, proving URBA Media’s ability to tailor content for any demographic. Their production team is exceptionally talented, self-motived, and a key factor to their success. They are the perfect partner for digital growth.

I am the president of Turnkey Events, a steadily growing event management company.

What challenge were you trying to address with URBA Media?

We wanted to produce a few highlight videos to increase awareness of our brand, develop genuine connections with our clients, and generate more sales leads for future events.

URBA Media was brought in to produce a promotional video to supplement our digital marketing efforts. We provided a few examples of acceptable video concepts, along with a list of requirements. They filmed a few of our events and used the footage to create a video of highlights.

How did you come to work with URBA Media?

When we asked around for referrals to talented video production companies, multiple sources recommended URBA Media. After meeting with them and learning about their competitive and strategic advantages, we knew that they would be a great fit for our project.

We spent less than $10,000 for their services.

They came on board in June 2018.

The videos have cemented our status as one of the most innovative companies in the events industry. URBA Media’s high-quality video production set a new standard that our competitors are starting to follow.

How did URBA Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team takes direction well, but they rarely needed our assistance during filming. The editing process was a more collaborative effort, with emails constantly being sent back and forth.

URBA Media excels at creating engaging content because they understand what audiences want to see. Even their first edit was close to perfection.

They should consider upgrading their film equipment and researching the latest techniques to stay ahead of their competition.

Overall Score They delivered top-notch service.
    They were very flexible and accommodating to our schedule.
    While their prices are similar to their competitors, their quality of service is far superior.
    URBA Media produces captivating work.
    I have already recommended them to several other businesses.

Digital Marketing Strategy for Aquaponic Farm Launch

"Their ability to create high-quality content and exceed our expectations was valuable."

Nov.–Jan. 2018

URBA Media created and implemented a digital marketing strategy. They provided a range of services, including social media channel management and video production for fundraising efforts.

Business Development Manager, Aquaponic Farm

The social media strategy helped increase brand awareness and strengthen pre-launch efforts. The business’ online following grew substantially after working with URBA Media. As a team, they satisfied all requirements and their expertise made for a productive engagement.

I’m an executive for our area’s first commercial aquaponic farm that produces fresh and sustainable greens and fish all year round.

For what projects/services did your company hire URBA Media?

We hired URBA Media to help us with our official company launch. We needed them to supply a range of services, including video production, social media engagement, and photo shoots.

We wanted to increase awareness in our community to support our presale efforts for the upcoming year.

We had a thorough search process, but after meeting with Mateo (Founder, URBA Media), we knew his team was the right fit.

The URBA Media team developed a digital marketing strategy for our company’s launch. They created our social media approach for Facebook and Instagram. Their team organized a photo shoot for our farm and products to post on our social network channels and website. They also produced videos for our crowdfunding campaign.

We worked closely with the founders of the company.

Our social media following grew significantly after we began working with URBA Media. Their team elevated our brand within the community and helped us gain more engagement than we initially expected.

We primarily communicated through Slack, which made communicating highly convenient for all parties.

Though there’s always room for improvement, we were highly satisfied with URBA Media’s work and we look forward to engaging with them again.

Overall Score I highly recommend their services.
    They were always available and accommodating to our schedule.
    They provided significant value for the cost—it was great and impressive.
    The quality of the photos, videos, and strategies was high.
    I would absolutely recommend them, I look forward to working with them in the future.

Social Media Management for a Pizza Restaurant

“They're very professional … I'd definitely recommend them.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Helping attract a younger customer base, URBA Media has been managing Facebook and Instagram accounts. They take photos of the product, make videos, and respond to customer comments.

Owner, Pizza Restaurant

Social media engagement is on the rise and the restaurant is seeing an increase in young customers. URBA Media goes above and beyond to resolve any issues quickly, while their expertise and great communication skills contributed to a positive relationship.

I'm the owner of a pizza restaurant.

What challenge were you trying to address with URBA Media?

We wanted to attract a younger generation to our restaurant and expand our online presence.

They helped us start an Instagram page, so they take photographs of our product and post them on Facebook and Instagram. They've also made some videos for us. They respond to customer comments quickly and give us a report showing engagement levels every week. In addition, they've been working on a website, which should go live soon.

I have one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with URBA Media?

We've been referred to them by another company.

We've spent about $5,000–$6,000.

We started working with them in April 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

As a result of their work, we've brought in a younger customer base. Both the engagement on social media and the number of customers have increased.

How did URBA Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and address any questions or concerns immediately. We usually use phone, text messaging, and email to communicate and we haven't had any issues with them. We have access to all the materials, so we can check any information we need.

They're very professional and created a clean Instagram page for me.

I can't think of anything.

I'd definitely recommend them.

Social Media Management for a Restaurant and Lounge

"Their strongest attribute is an ability to develop a consistent image and brand, particularly on Instagram."

May 2018 - Ongoing

URBA Media provides social media strategy and management for Facebook and Instagram. They're curating content, as well as providing photo and video services.

BLK RBT Lounge, Owner

The number of followers and profile visits have increased markedly since URBA Media was first engaged. Their consistent communication, responsiveness, and ability to work within strict parameters justify the investment and make them a valuable partner.

I'm an owner of BLK RBT Lounge, which is a lounge and night spot with cocktails, DJs, and a restaurant upstairs.

What challenge were you trying to address with URBA Media?

We wanted to have a strong social media presence. While I do most of the marketing, I don’t have much experience with the social media platforms.

URBA Media develops a monthly schedule for our Instagram and Facebook feeds. They curate our strategic marketing presence on each platform. They create a schedule of posts based on what's happening at the Lounge with DJs and special events. They do everything from conceptualization, editing, and taking photos and videos. I have final sign-off before they post the content.

I have one main point of contact. I work with several other members of the team, including a photographer.

How did you come to work with URBA Media?

Our executive chef is a friend of their founder. We’d tried working with an in-house person as well as another firm, but neither was effective. URBA Media came and gave us a presentation, so we decided to give them a try.

We spend $1,500–$2,000 a month. They’re very understanding for our financial situation and have been willing to work with us on the price.

Our work together started in May 2018 and is ongoing.

Their strongest attribute is an ability to develop a consistent image and brand, particularly on Instagram. They develop a well-curated image that represents the philosophy of our business and captures the style and essence of what we're about. We had 600 followers when we started with URBA Media. That number has grown to just under 5000 in less than five months. We’ve also seen an exponential growth in the number of profile visits.

How did URBA Media perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s been a dream working with URBA Media so far. Our project lead is very responsive to making changes or posting content, even on short notice. We set up a time to meet every month. He gives us great advice on the importance of regularly creating new content. Together we create a calendar of posts timed to when we introduce new cocktails or feature different deejays. In terms of gauging effectiveness, I prefer to go into the platforms myself and look at the numbers. If I have any questions, he always makes himself available to me.

They develop a personal relationship with their customer. It’s crucial for us that they take care of our needs immediately, and they’re super responsive. I haven't had to wait for anything that I need. Last week, I asked them to turn something around in 24 hours. They were honest in letting me know that wasn’t possible, but they did get it up the next day.

I've had to provide a lot of guidance to their graphic design department about posts for our events. That's an area of weakness that they could definitely improve.

Have a clear vision of your internal objectives. A clear philosophy of what your business is about will help them determine who you need to target. Understand your strengths and weaknesses. Create a budget that works for you and also pays them what they're worth.

I’m very likely to refer them to others.

Social Media for a Restaurant

“URBA has helped increase our social media presence from around 500 to 11,000 followers.”

July. 2017 - Ongoing

URBA manages the company's Facebook and Instagram accounts, which includes creating content, engaging with followers, and managing contests and campaigns.

Samim Aminzadah
Founder, Blowers & Grafton

URBA significantly increased the company's social media following and overall brand awareness locally. In addition to the quality and consistency of their work, their team comes up with creative ideas that effectively grab the attention of targeted audiences.

I'm the owner and founder of Blowers & Grafton, a restaurant located in Calgary, Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with URBA Media?

We wanted to increase our exposure and organic traffic, so we were looking for a vendor to manage our social media pages and campaigns.

URBA manages posts for our Facebook and Instagram accounts, which includes taking and posting photos and videos, engaging with customers through comments, and managing contests and targeted campaigns.

I mostly work with one of the owners.

How did you come to work with URBA Media?

We reached out to them after they visited our restaurant and posted a great photo of one of our drinks on their social media page.

We've invested around $5,000–$8,000 in total.

We've been working together for about a year and the relationship is ongoing.

URBA has helped increase our social media presence from around 500 to 11,000 followers. More importantly, those followers are mostly local, so it's helped boost awareness of our business in our community. Every time we run a contest on social media, we receive thousands of impressions. Overall, we're very pleased with the brand awareness they've helped us achieve.

How did URBA Media perform from a project management standpoint?

While the type of work they do isn't necessarily that complicated, their team is both talented and professional in their approach. They deliver on time and contribute great ideas for the types of campaigns, posts, and contests we pursue.

The quality and consistency of their work sets them apart. The type of work they do is simple but very effective.

I've recommended them to many people.

Social Media Management for a Greek Restaurant

“ … based on what they've done for us within a few months, it's definitely been worth it.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Overseeing digital marketing efforts, URBA Media, manages social media, paid advertising, and a website. In addition, they regularly come on-site to do photoshoots.

Louis Tzigalanis
Founder, Paros Real Greek

Within the first six months, the number of Instagram followers skyrocketed and sales went up. Highly skilled in photography and marketing, URBA Media can persuade even skeptical customers to try out the restaurant, while their responsiveness makes them a reliable partner.

I'm the founder of Paros Real Greek. We're a casual Greek restaurant.

What challenge were you trying to address with URBA Media?

We wanted to have a stronger social media presence, so we were looking for a company to help us with digital marketing.

They do everything–from coming in and taking photos to managing our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. They also help us with Facebook paid advertising and our website. They create content and respond to all the comments (even though we also have access to all of our accounts).

I mostly work with their two owners.

How did you come to work with them?

They sent a direct message to us through our restaurant's Instagram account and asked if we were interested in working with them. At first, we brushed them off because we get quite a lot of those messages. But after we saw how many followers they had and the kind of content they produced, we decided to give them a shot. We started with them doing a couple of posts here and there, but now they provide full monthly service to us.

We spend about $1,500 a month, which includes a Facebook budget of $400.

We started working with them in February 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

Within six months of their initial engagement, they got us five thousand Instagram followers and over a thousand Facebook likes. Also, we saw a 10% increase in our sales.

I didn't have any expectations at the beginning because I wasn't sure how it'd benefit our business. Now, that we've worked with them for a while, I wouldn’t do business without them.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very easy to work with and always confirm with us before coming in and doing a photo shoot. Also, they're very prompt in their responses and always follow up. If we have an issue, they take care of it within 24 hours. We usually meet in person or use email to communicate and they provide us with weekly reports.

They're excellent photographers and use their skills to engage our followers. They do a great job of persuading new customers to try out our restaurant (even the most skeptical customers).

No. I have nothing to compare them to, but based on what they've done for us within a few months, it's definitely been worth it.

Give them a chance and try them out for about six months. I've already referred other friends and colleagues to URBA Media, all of whom have been very happy.

Social Media for a Bistro and Bar

“Hiring them was probably one of the best decisions I’ve made since opening my business.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

URBA Media manages social media accounts, posting pictures to and running contests on Instagram and Facebook. They also take and edit the photos and respond to comments, when needed.

Michael Scarcelli
Head Chef, Emilio's Bistro + Bar

Their work has resulted in increased views, likes, and patrons in the restaurant. They’re incredibly organized and have excellent project management skills. Even with tight deadlines, they deliver high-quality work.

I’m the executive chef for Emilio’s, an Italian bistro and bar.

What challenge were you trying to address with URBA Media?

We needed someone to take over our social media. When we first opened, I was managing our accounts, but it became too much.

URBA Media comes to our business for about 2–3 hours every month to take pictures of our food. They then post the photos every few days onto our Instagram and Facebook accounts. They also run contests on our account and theirs to promote our business. If we aren’t able to respond to the comments, URBA Media will tell people to contact us for more information.

We work with the founder.

How did you come to work with URBA Media?

They reached out and offered to do a free contest to show how they could help our business. We did it, had a great response, and decided to hire them.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$25,000.

We’ve been working together since May 2018.

We’ve collaborated on contests and social media, which has increased views, likes, and people coming into the restaurant.

How did URBA Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m happy with them; there haven’t been any issues. We mainly talk via text and phone calls.

They’re efficient and always on schedule. Within three hours of taking the pictures at our restaurant, URBA Media had the photos edited and was already putting them on social media. Even when we have a time-sensitive promotion, they always get things accomplished.

Hire them. They’re an amazing group that will help your business grow faster. Hiring them was probably one of the best decisions I’ve made since opening my business.