We help businesses look and think like big brands.

We’re a design studio that specializes in shaping how your brand connects and communicates with your audience.
Our team helps business leaders clearly identify their unique space within an industry and assist in developing a dynamic blueprint for bringing their brand to life.

2018
Chandler, AZ
  • 793 N. Alma School Rd. Suite 6
    Chandler, AZ 85224

ElectrifAi Image

ElectrifAi

How does a global leader in practical AI and machine learning space change its identity after 15 years and reposition themselves in today's digital landscape?

From strategy to execution we re-envisioned the brand starting with their new voice and language that crafts an approachable and practical message. We designed a new logo and visual identity and took the concept of disparate data and crafted a visual language that

harnesses data bits coming together to speak the language of tech and AI. We collaborated with our friends at ReMade on creating a brand video that we thought was vital to helping their consumers understand what they do.
IQ Labs Inc. Image

IQ Labs Inc.

Using content to Design Culture

Founder Julian Mitchell believes today’s generation embodies a passion for progress. They want to be better, smarter and more equipped to design the lives they want.

The brands bold style type emphasizes their voice and a minimal color pallet speaks to the clarity and essence of the message and culture.

CRVST Pizza Image

CRVST Pizza

How do we brand Chicago Style deep dish pizza - served up by a friendly food truck for a local audience?

We create a vibrant design system that speaks to the messy and delicious nature of deep dish pizza. Paired with on-brand messaging and packaging to enhance to consumers by the slice devouring experience.

This will elevate the sensations and visibility of CRVST over its competitors because it's recognizable and

bold. And not to mention just downright mouthwatering.
Across Arizona Tours Image

Across Arizona Tours

Taking a long-time tour business to the next level for growth. A company that put their visual brand by the wayside while they focused on customer service and operations. How do we create an identity that paints a picture of the unique experience the company offers their guests?

there, we rebranded them from the top down.

To achieve this we took a deep dive into the company, their passions and history, and discovered what made them stand out from the rest. From there, we rebranded them from the top down.

Rebrand & Print Designs for Van Tour Company

"What I love about Uppermost Design Co. is that they listened to us."

Apr. - Aug. 2018

Uppermost Design Co. provided rebranding services to refresh a brand identity for a tour company. The team designed a wrap to cover tour vehicles. They updated materials including business cards and a website.

Phoenix, Arizona
Leonardo Gem
Co-Owner, Across Arizona Tours

Uppermost Design Co delivered aesthetically pleasing designs that generated positive feedback from clients and partners. The team was attentive and detail-oriented, which resulted in deliverables exceeding expectations. Their diligence and high levels of engagement facilitate future collaboration.

We’re a tour company with a fleet of four, 15 passenger vehicles that were redesigned to hold no more than 10 people. We provide group tours as big as four buses and our bread and butter are sightseeing tours. Most of our tours are to the Grand Canyon but we also have tours of Sedona, Apache Trail, and city tours.

What challenge were you trying to address with Uppermost Design Co.?

Our vans were plain. They just had our name, phone number, and DOT (Department of Transportation) numbers. Our competition had a full wrap, but I felt that it was too much. I wanted a wrap, but I didn’t want it to be too loud.

During our first meeting, they tried to find the ethos of our company. Their team talked with me for about two hours and drew out what our company was about. They came to understand the essence of our company. We came up with the fact that we’re an educational and a picture-oriented company.

Uppermost Design Co. designed a wrap for the vans that represented Arizona. They created a design that was perfect with the whiteness of our vans. Arizona has beautiful sunsets and if it’s a red sunset, the whiteness of the van changes the color to red or purple.

Their team also worked on our business cards, postcards, and cup designs. They also adjusted the copy and prints on our website to fit the new brand. When their team wanted to make adjustments, we had to go to our server because the template stayed the same.

We’re going to use their services again in the near future. As soon as the economy picks back up, their team will create a video for us to use on Yelp and our website.

I worked with Kara (Founder) and Keith (Founder) specifically.

How did you come to work with Uppermost Design Co.?

I knew Kara when she was the head social media manager for the Mesa tourism bureau. She worked with us as a social media consultant on an hourly basis. She had a lot of experience, so I reached out to her and she told me that she was partners with Keith at Uppermost Design Co. I went by her recommendation and didn’t seek another company because I had faith in her abilities.

The project cost about $15,000.

We worked together from April–August 2018.

Our clients— timeshares and hotels—loved the new designs. We received strong, positive feedback from the people that know us the best. Almost once a week, someone walks up to us to compliment the van and ask about our services. People who aren’t even our customers take pictures next to the van, using it as a canvas.

How did Uppermost Design Co. perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m impressed by Kara and Keith’s abilities to listen. Their team only interjects in conversations when they need clarity. They don’t immediately give their opinions because they think about the conversations. Their team doesn’t jump the gun. They are measure twice, cut once types of people.

What I love about Uppermost Design Co. is that they listened to us. Then, they told us what they thought and then listened again.

When I saw the concept for the wrap on paper, I said wow. When I went to the wrapping facility and saw it on the van, I was blown away. It was like the first time that I saw the Grand Canyon, which I’ve seen 2,000 times.

No, they blew my mind.

It’s a symbiotic relationship because not one person knows everything. For example, I forgot to tell them about the DOT numbers initially. I told them that it was necessary. Then, they researched all of the legal requirements. They didn’t want to put the DOT numbers with the design on the vans and then remove it. Their team confirmed with the Department of Transportation website that their designs wouldn't cause a problem down the line. Even though I told them what I thought, they confirmed the guidelines for my protection.