Pixel Perfect Performance - It's in our DNA.

Up2Code is an award winning, New York City based app and web development agency. We work with, not for, our clients to design, develop, and deploy new and innovative mobile applications with forward-facing design practices. We are a young team of designers, developers and business strategists excited to engage and work with new technologies.

New York, NY
  • 143 West 29th Street, 3rd Floor
    New York, NY 10001

Mei: Beauty On Demand Application

We started working with Mei team in the ideation phase. Being a New York City based firm, working with a team in Melbourne meant that we needed to conduct comprehensive research about this foreign market. From there we collaborated with a branding specialist to ensure that the Mei brand was conveying the correct message to users. We then started to wireframe and produce lo-fidelity designs. From there we collaborated

closely with the Mei team to make sure the product design was something that all stakeholders agreed upon. Once designs were finalized we moved into development and pushed several builds to TestFlight to debug and test the product.

Hooey: Mobile Dating App

The Hooey team approached us with an idea, to make dating more personal again. Tired of the seemingly endless right and left swipes that the dating world has succumb to, the Hooey team wanted to make connections happen in peron. With their mobile app idea in mind we began our process, beginning with market and user research to ensure we were truly solving a problem and hitting our user's biggest pain points. From

there we worked through branding and UI/UX design to create a polished product that was aesthetically pleasing and straight forward. After establishing a design system we moved into developing the mobile application using the Ionic framework. Upon completion of development the Hooey team was able to secure funding from an angel investor.

Yes Yogis

Yesyogis is a networking platform looking to help connect and create opportunites for yoga instructors and studios. Yesyogis empowers yoga instructors to better leverage their skills while also allowing studios to have a larger reach for hiring top talent.

Velochair

A client approached us looking for a E-commerce platform to sell their specialized wheelchair product. A big challenge was going to be explaining the product and its offerings since it is a new and unfamiliar product to most. To tackle this specific issue we created an interactive display of the chair that allows the user to click various pieces on the chair to gain more info. We built out payment through the Stripe API

and have been providing Google Adword services post launch.

Dev for Dating App Startup

"Up2Code is a good company."

2.0

Sept. 2017 - Oct. 2018

Up2Code built an iOS app from scratch. The team created the product’s UX/UI and features, which included location-based and matching functions. They also researched services to encourage team goals.

Founder, Dating App Startup

Up2Code built a satisfying UI/UX. Although development was slow, the team tracked progress and communicated frequently. Supportive and accommodating, they ensured an overall positive collaboration.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of a dating app for bars.

What challenge were you trying to address with Up2Code?

We needed a partner to develop our app including software, testing, etc.

From the ground up, Up2Code developed our app for iOS. Their team built the UX/UI as well as the platform’s location-based and matching features. To support our goals, they also helped us find accelerator programs.

We’ve worked with six–seven people including developers and project managers.

How did you come to work with Up2Code?

We found them on UpWork.

Over the course of our collaboration, we spent about $40,000.

We worked together between September 2017–October 2018.

They created a really good UX/UI. Their team was really great to work with.

How did Up2Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team kept us on track with weekly phone or video calls and monthly reports. Development was a bit slow but other than that, Up2Code did a really good job.

They’re personable, helpful, and responsive. Up2Code is a good company.

They could've communicated timelines better. I would’ve liked to have had a better idea of when features would be completed.

Establish set deadlines for features and payments in a contract.

I would make a contract where we talk about the project's timeline and what features to add.
    Now that I know more, I wouldn't have spend that much.

App Development for Restaurant App Startup

"Up2Code did a very nice job. They were so organized throughout the process."

May 2017 - Sept. 2018

Up2Code developed and designed the beta version of an iOS restaurant review app. They conducted pre-design surveys and post-design tests with potential users.

Steven Nadel
Founder, Loudscore

The simple and clean UI design was well-received. The app wasn’t completed due to the time and money required to finish the project. Up2Code kept the project moving through constant communication. Their organization and availability made them a valuable partner.

I’m the founder of Loudscore. It was a side project and not connected to my full-time job as a lawyer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Up2Code?

I had the idea for a review app for restaurants and other businesses. I needed a partner to do the actual app development.

Up2Code created a beta version of the app in iOS. They were involved in every aspect of the planning process. They helped me figure out what the app should look like, including the name and the logo.

The initial phase of the app was focused on New York University (NYU). Up2Code conducted a survey of various students to get their input on what the content should be. The intent of the app was to encourage more regular reviews than other sites so users wouldn’t see months-old reviews.

How did you come to work with Up2Code?

I was introduced to Dan (Co-Founder, Up2Code) by his father, who is of one of my partners at my law firm.

I think I spent about $55,000.

I don't remember the exact dates, but it was around May 2017–September 2018.

Up2Code created a simple, clean UI so that users could complete a review in less than five seconds. They tested the beta non-release of the app with students, and the feedback was mixed. I wasn't prepared to devote the amount of time and money necessary, so I decided not to go forward with the app.

How did Up2Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Up2Code did a very nice job. They were so organized throughout the process. Dan put together a list of steps and kept me on task.

They were attentive to my needs. As a busy lawyer, it was hard for me to go to them so they would come to my office. Up2Code was super responsive, even at night or on weekends. I could always send them a text or an email with an idea or a question. They're good people to work with.

No, I'm not aware of anything that they could have done differently. The app not being finished wasn’t due to their efforts. I wasn't prepared to invest the time and money that was needed to go forward.

I wouldn’t know how to answer that question.

Overall Score They're smart, enthusiastic, and hardworking.
    I can't compare to other app developers, but the cost was reasonable.