NYC’s Leading Boutique Software Development Agency

Up2Code works closely with entrepreneurs and startups to bring their ideas to life. Our team provides end to end development services including strategy, design, development, launch, and growth.

Thats how we describe ourselves. Here's how our clients describe us:

“Everyone at Up2code was a pleasure to work with and I can’t wait to start my new development with them.” - Founder, YesYogis

“From day one, working with the team at Up2Code has been a breeze. They are super responsive, eager to help, and want to see our company scale as much as we do. Their talents are endless so don't hesitate to ask them more about what they can offer!” - Founding Member, VeloChair

"Up2Code was super responsive, even at night or on weekends. I could always send them a text or an email with an idea or a question. They're good people to work with." - Steve Nadel, Founder of Loudscore

New York, NY
  • 143 West 29th Street, 3rd Floor
    New York, NY 10001

Mei: Beauty On Demand Application Image

Mei: Beauty On Demand Application

MEI is a mobile app solution to the growing Australian beauty industry, offering a more secure and straightforward virtual marketplace where stylists and users can interact with each other.

Problem: Beauty stylists need a way to connect with clients, handle payments, and manage their growing businesses.

Solution: Build a modern and straightforward platform to allow beauty stylists

to grow their business and clients to book services.

Results: The finished product is an intuitive and enjoyable way for stylists to make a living and clients to receive professional services.

Hooey: Mobile Dating App Image

Hooey: Mobile Dating App

Hooey is a location-based dating application seeking to bring personal connection back to the industry. Stressing the importance of in person communication, Hooey is performing well in the space.

Problem: Dating applications take the personal aspect out of meeting new people.

Solution: Build a way for people to meet in person at the bar or restaurant they're at.

/>

Results: Hooey uses geolocation to make new connections with those around you.

Velochair Image

Velochair

The VeloChair was developed by founder Kenneth Simons after he was diagnosed with Ossification Posterior Longitudinal Ligament, or OPLL, in his early 50s. A lifelong runner and downhill skier, Simons could no longer bear weight on his legs for an extended period of time. He found that most current mobility devices did not promote his activity, which prompted him to create the VeloChair and restore his sense of

independence.

Problem: With a growing demand, VeloChair needed a way to communicate a product that most people have never seen.

Solution: Display all of the amazing features of the chair in an easily digestible way so as to not overwhelm users.

Results: A digital presence that both allows people to buy VeloChair's flagship product, but also explains all of the intricacies in a simple way.

Spice-A-Life Image

Spice-A-Life

Spice-A-Life is a mobile application that simplifies meal planning, grocery shopping, and health monitoring.

Up2Code collaborated with the Spice-A-Life team to define the necessary features for a prototype aimed at securing funding. Lots of user research went into architecting the experience for the various user flows. In a seamless and intuitive interface, Spice-A-Life

offers users an enjoyable way to manage a healthy lifestyle.

Yes Yogis Image

Yes Yogis

Yes Yogis connects professionals in the yoga industry with job listings and networking opportunities. You can check out their product, below.

Problem: Yoga professionals do not have access to many career opportunities on traditional career and networking platforms.

Solution: Put the professional first and offer them as much value as possible to make them

engage with opportunities.

Results: The finished platform was built off user research, refined through user testing, and validated by user behavior.

Dev for Dating App Startup

"They created a really good UX/UI. Their team was really great to work with."

2.0

Sept. 2017 - Oct. 2018

Up2Code built an iOS app from scratch. The team created the product’s UX/UI and features, which included location-based and matching functions. They also researched services to encourage team goals.

Founder, Dating App Startup

Up2Code built a satisfying UI/UX. Although development was slow, the team tracked progress and communicated frequently. Supportive and accommodating, they ensured an overall positive collaboration.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of a dating app for bars.

What challenge were you trying to address with Up2Code?

We needed a partner to develop our app including software, testing, etc.

From the ground up, Up2Code developed our app for iOS. Their team built the UX/UI as well as the platform’s location-based and matching features. To support our goals, they also helped us find accelerator programs.

We’ve worked with six–seven people including developers and project managers.

How did you come to work with Up2Code?

We found them on UpWork.

Over the course of our collaboration, we spent about $40,000.

We worked together between September 2017–October 2018.

They created a really good UX/UI. Their team was really great to work with.

How did Up2Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team kept us on track with weekly phone or video calls and monthly reports. Development was a bit slow but other than that, Up2Code did a really good job.

They’re personable, helpful, and responsive. Up2Code is a good company.

They could've communicated timelines better. I would’ve liked to have had a better idea of when features would be completed.

Establish set deadlines for features and payments in a contract.

I would make a contract where we talk about the project's timeline and what features to add.
    Now that I know more, I wouldn't have spend that much.

App Development for Restaurant App Startup

"Up2Code was super responsive, even at night or on weekends."

May 2017 - Sept. 2018

Up2Code developed and designed the beta version of an iOS restaurant review app. They conducted pre-design surveys and post-design tests with potential users.

Steven Nadel
Founder, Loudscore

The simple and clean UI design was well-received. The app wasn’t completed due to the time and money required to finish the project. Up2Code kept the project moving through constant communication. Their organization and availability made them a valuable partner.

I’m the founder of Loudscore. It was a side project and not connected to my full-time job as a lawyer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Up2Code?

I had the idea for a review app for restaurants and other businesses. I needed a partner to do the actual app development.

Up2Code created a beta version of the app in iOS. They were involved in every aspect of the planning process. They helped me figure out what the app should look like, including the name and the logo.

The initial phase of the app was focused on New York University (NYU). Up2Code conducted a survey of various students to get their input on what the content should be. The intent of the app was to encourage more regular reviews than other sites so users wouldn’t see months-old reviews.

How did you come to work with Up2Code?

I was introduced to Dan (Co-Founder, Up2Code) by his father, who is of one of my partners at my law firm.

I think I spent about $55,000.

I don't remember the exact dates, but it was around May 2017–September 2018.

Up2Code created a simple, clean UI so that users could complete a review in less than five seconds. They tested the beta non-release of the app with students, and the feedback was mixed. I wasn't prepared to devote the amount of time and money necessary, so I decided not to go forward with the app.

How did Up2Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Up2Code did a very nice job. They were so organized throughout the process. Dan put together a list of steps and kept me on task.

They were attentive to my needs. As a busy lawyer, it was hard for me to go to them so they would come to my office. Up2Code was super responsive, even at night or on weekends. I could always send them a text or an email with an idea or a question. They're good people to work with.

No, I'm not aware of anything that they could have done differently. The app not being finished wasn’t due to their efforts. I wasn't prepared to invest the time and money that was needed to go forward.

I wouldn’t know how to answer that question.

Overall Score They're smart, enthusiastic, and hardworking.
    I can't compare to other app developers, but the cost was reasonable.