Videos that simplify complex sales messages

Simplify your sales message

You know you have a great product or service. But you struggle with how to talk about it. You’re not selling cupcakes or sneakers. You’re selling complex products or difficult-to-explain services.

We get it. Umault has solved the messaging puzzle for many hard-to-explain products and services.

We do it by using a proven process that distills your sales message down to its essence. What are you really doing for your customers?

Your prospects are craving relevant and engaging sales content. And there’s nothing more engaging than a compelling video.

Chicago, IL
  • 318 W Adams St., Suite 1507
    Chicago, IL 60606

Dell EMC, MassMutual

Deloitte / Digital Heartbeat

Only a few months after the video was posted, this video for Deloitte's Digital Heartbeat solution has been viewed 168 times more than the channel's average. With over 420,000 views at the time of this writing, the video is the #1 most viewed video on the Deloitte US YouTube channel.

Wynd’s Kickstarter campaign was a massive hit. They hit their fundraising goal in less than 24 hours and went on to raise over $1 million. The video paid for itself in the first day of sales!

MassMutual / Values

The MassMutual Trust Company came to us with a doosie of a need: make high net worth individuals, who haven't already planned for their family's future through a trust, consider talking to their advisor about setting one up with MassMutual.

PremiumBeat / Todd Blaine

With over 25k highly targeted views, this video has turned what could be perceived as a weakness (their audio watermark), into a calling card and inside joke.

Umault - Videos that simplify complex sales messages

We get it. Umault has solved the messaging puzzle for many hard-to-explain products and services.

you really doing for your customers?

Edward-Elmhurst / “The Veteran”

Edward-Elmhurst Health rolled out a new strategy to 8,500 employees with this video anchoring the campaign. The video helped Edward-Elmhurst gain mass adoption of the initiative among staff spread across 70+ locations.

Video Production for Management Consulting Firm

"The team has been phenomenal at helping us format and deliver a message that’s very powerful for people to receive."

2013 - Ongoing

Using provided research, Umault created an eight-part video series. They covered pre-and-post production, which included the creation of teaser trailers for the series.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Research Director, Management Consulting Firm

The media garnered hundreds of thousands of views, sparking substantial engagement and inquiries. Umault goes beyond traditional storytelling to deliver rich, experiential content with a focus on cinematography. They are highly attentive, personable, and communicative.

I’m the executive director of the center for integrated research at one of the largest professional services firms in the world. We have leading positions in consulting, audit, tax, risk and financial advisory. We serve most of the largest and most important firms in the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Umault?

We conduct research in a wide variety of domains. These areas include technology, like the cloud and artificial intelligence, along with more conceptual areas like the future of work and industry 4.0. When we do this, we need to adopt a multi-channel strategy for getting those ideas out into the world.

The Umault team was brought on to produce high-quality video and educational content that we use to reach our clients and the public sector.

One project was for a collaboration with a manufacturing innovation institute. It was focused on “digital thread,” defined as the seamless strand of data and computing that stretches from the initial conception of a new product through to the end of its life.

We did all the research, and Guy helped us turn that message into a rich, eight-part video series that tells the story of digital thread through a specific use case (a single component of an airplane).

The Umault team focused on the cinematic quality, trying to create a very experiential vibe for when we visited the site and interviewed people.

I’m not an actor, but they were able to make me the central figure of the video and help me understand how to succeed. They helped me tell the story, edited the raw footage, and turned it into the final product.

There were about a dozen people on his team that we interfaced with at different times. We worked with a producer, a number of videographers, sound specialists, and a backup artist. There was an editorial team back at their office. Guy did a great job of introducing me to the team and helping me understand each of their roles.

How did you come to work with Umault?

Guy was recommended to me by someone on our staff who had worked with him in the past. She was aware of his team’s talents, and she introduced us for our first project (a 25-part online course on additive manufacturing).

By the time we got to this project, we had a track record with his team that gave us high confidence in their abilities.

We’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars with them.

We started working together in 2013, and Umault continues to do ongoing work for our firm in other areas.

They created a masterpiece that I’m personally proud of. More importantly, it’s had a dramatic impact on our audiences, substantially more views than the platform we launched it on usually sees. There were hundreds of thousands of visitors on the site and inquiries.

People have stopped me at trade shows and congratulated us on the content we created. It’s being used by academic programs and by governments. It was a tremendous outcome — but it was easy to achieve because Umault has it together.

How did Umault perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is a non-issue, and that’s the biggest compliment that I can offer.

It was a terrific experience. They walked us through the storyboard process and helped us block out episodes. They were great collaborators. They did a masterful job of editing the video and directing it.

They are very organized on-site, and they do a great job of laying things out in advance. Guy seems to treat his people extremely well. They appear very happy working with him.

The communication is excellent, and they always tell us what they need. They deliver on the deadlines they’ve set, even if we have to put a rush on things.

I would endorse working with them without hesitation. They’re worth the cost. They turnaround results quickly, they’re respectful of our time, and they deliver a great product.

Over the years, I’ve learned that if Guy tells me to do something, I do it. I always make the joke that “I was there when it was filmed, so I know how bad I was.” But, he is not going to let me look bad.

Guy has a soft touch as a director, so he helped me feel better when I was frustrated or not communicating clearly. Somehow, the team always turns the footage into work that I’m personally, really proud of.

The team delivers a strong narrative backed by rich video content that moves away from the “talking head” or voiceover PowerPoint I see in many other videos. The content is accessible and interesting to our audience. This differentiates the team from others.

I don’t have any major criticisms. He is the best outfit I’ve ever worked with. His team does everything they can to deliver a high-quality product.

Potential customers should trust them — they are professionals. Guy’s vision may be more nuanced than yours based on their experience, so make sure to communicate if you’re uncomfortable. If you have a vision of your own, tell them, and they’ll work with you. Also, make sure your work is done because their success depends on your efforts as well.

Overall Score It’s a pleasure to work with them.
    I consistently recommend them.

Video Production for Retail Store

"The project management was exceptional. We were aware of any given day where we were with the process."

June - Sept. 2017

Umault produced a minute-long video about customer experienced at a retail store. After creating a storyboard, they began shooting on-site using high-quality footage, actors, voice-overs, and special effects.

Wood Dale, Illinois
Ty Adams
Marketing, OPTO International, Inc. Modular and Custom Retail Displays

The video was released on different media outlets online and shared at conferences, with positive feedback. Umault’s team was resourceful, taking the lead to help the project run smoothly from start to finish.

OPTO International is a B2B modular retail fixture manufacturer based in Wood Dale, Illinois. I oversee the Marketing department here. Our primary clients range from small retailers to corporate retailers to design firms and architects.

For what projects/services did your company hire Umault?

We sought out Umault for a full-scale minute long professional video, complete with high-quality footage, models/actors, voice-overs, special effects and post-production. Umault beat out three other firms to win the bid.

We wanted to create a video that was not necessarily an overt commercial for OPTO. With all the attention placed on online retail and e-commerce these days, we wanted to create a piece that championed brick-and-mortar retail, and reminded people to, once in a while, stop "searching", and start LOOKING. We wanted to capture those magical moments that can happen at your local shops and boutiques. Great retail is everywhere!

We sent the RFP out to four different companies. We chose Umault for a couple reasons: their RFP response aligned very closely to what we were looking for (along with a very impressive presentation), and they also had done the most work related to the sort of B2B work that we do.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

The video was a minute long, and features a group of vignettes of customers' various experiences of at local retail stores. Even though the video is short, the viewer develops relationships and empathy with the characters as the film's narrative intermingles the vignettes throughout its sequence. Umault began by sending us some concept choices for the story that the video would tell. Once we agreed on one, they created a treatment and accompanying storyboards for us to review. They then began recruiting actors (for on-screen and voice-overs) as well as setting up filming locations, keeping us informed of the progress, and any problems that came up. We then conducted the shoot at the various locations, with a few representatives of OPTO on-hand for creative consultation. We then went through several rounds of edits until we arrived at a final film that everyone was extremely satisfied with.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

The project management was exceptional. We were aware of any given day where we were with the process. And the pacing of the project was perfectly reasonable. In fact, we needed to hold our own feet to the fire to ensure that we gave them feedback on a timely basis so that we would not hold them up!

We were not looking for direct R.O.I. for this video - again, it wasn't a true commercial advertising OPTO. We just wanted to spread it around as much as we could during the holiday season of 2017. This consisted of adding it to our YouTube and Vimeo channels, boosting the video on Facebook, and sharing it as a trailer at all presentations we were doing at conferences and at clients headquarters at the time.

Very effective. I do not remember any issues at all.

We had never worked with a professional video production company before to this degree. So we were very impressed with the resourcefulness of the company. The ease through which they pulled all the components together (script, storyboard, actors, narrators, settings, props, equipment) into a tangible finished product. It was a true joy to see a project for such a collaborative but complex medium come to life from concept to completion.

No issues that I can recall. I would not hesitate one bit to work with Umault again.

Video Production for Professional Association

"Umault will really dig into your company’s identity, goals, and audience to find the best way to convey your message."

Apr. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Umault created two videos on tight timelines to raise brand awareness and funding for a professional organization. One comprised stock footage organized by a script while the other involved onsite interviews.

Karen Kazmierczak
Senior Marketing Manager, American Planning Association

One of the videos played a key part in a 24-hour campaign that raised over $10,000—a huge success for the client. Umault delivered high-quality videos that conveyed the client’s message and were turned around promptly. Excellent communication and time management contributed to a smooth workflow.

I am the senior marketing manager for the American Planning Association. We are a professional association for urban planners, regional planners, and community development professionals. We have a certification for professional planners as well as a charitable foundation, which does scholarships and other types of community assistance.

What challenge were you trying to address with Umault?

We engaged with Umault to create two videos: one for our charitable foundation and one for our certification program.

Our foundation had recently been relaunched and was starting from scratch in building brand awareness. Our goal for the foundation video was to emotionally engage potential donors with our mission and vision, encouraging them to support our cause. Umault pieced together stock footage based on a script we developed as a team.

For the second video, we wanted to increase awareness about our planner certification program with the organizations that hire planners—private sector companies, municipalities, and government bodies. That way, this credential will be in higher demand, encouraging more planners to sign up for the program and more employers to hire certified planners. The video involved onsite shoots and interviews led by Guy (CEO / Creative Director, Umault) to speak to the value of the certification.

We worked with a handful of people on both projects. I talked and worked mostly with Guy in each case.

How did you come to work with Umault?

Someone from my organization had worked with Guy before, and we had a history of successful partnerships with their team. We did consider other video production companies for this project. However, Umault won our RFP with a really thoughtful proposal that was tailored to our project and brought some great ideas to the table right away. That level of care stood out from the pack, and we ended up going with them.

We spent $30,000 in total.

The first project wrapped in April 2018, while the second one finished in January 2019.

We’ve shared the videos to our website, social media channels, and a few of our email blasts. The foundation video became part of a brand-new 24-hour campaign to push for donations, and we raised over $10,000—more than we’ve ever made in six months, let alone 24 hours. We leveraged that video again for this year’s campaign and raised a good amount of money once more. I do think the video was a pretty critical part of our success. We hope to work with Umault again whenever we have the budget and need for another video project.

How did Umault perform from a project management standpoint?

Umault did an excellent job managing timelines. We had a really tight turnaround for each project, but their team hit every single deadline. They kept us on track, which was an especially hard task given that our organization required lots of people to provide their feedback. Each deadline Umault set for us was realistic and achievable while nudging us enough to get the project done on time.

Umault will really dig into your company’s identity, goals, and audience to find the best way to convey your message. That might be an animated video, a documentary-style video, or a video compiled from stock footage and a compelling script. Their team was excellent at using the tools they had available to find the right fit for our organization and audience.

I don't have any suggestions on that front; I absolutely loved working with them. Should my budget ever allow, I would be happy to work with them again.

In your initial conversations, take the time to describe your organization and its identity and values. The more Umault knows about you and your audience, the better their work will ultimately be.

Video Production for Consulting Company

"They used their creativity to convey our message while coming up with clever solutions during production."

Apr – July 2019

Umault provided full-scale video production work for a consulting practice. They supported the ideation phase all the way through to the final editing and delivery stages to produce the two-minute video.

Chicago Metro Area
Senior Manager, Consulting Company

The final video left the internal team completely satisfied. It was met with excitement and high praise. As for Umault’s performance, they were an easy partner to work with and capable of bringing unique ideas to the table. Their expertise and deep involvement were valuable.

I’m a senior manager within the consulting practice at a professional services firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Umault?

We reached out to Umault to create a marketing video for our commercial purposes.

We gave their team some written materials, like white papers and some of our in-house materials like PowerPoint decks. Once Umault was more familiar with what we provide our clients and our vision for the video, they began working on the ideation phase. We went back and forth on different ideas, and they informed us about any limitations we could potentially face. They worked with our marketing and legal teams to make sure all the specific requirements were met.

From there, their team provided full-scale video creation, including post-production editing and audio tasks. At the end, they delivered a completed video around two minutes in length.

I’m unsure of how many total people worked on the project, but we had two main points of contact. Tory (Head of Client Services & Account Director, Umault) and Guy (CEO & Creative Director, Umault) worked with us directly. On production day, they provided a director, production assistant, and all the actors, as well.

How did you come to work with Umault?

One of our marketing managers had worked with them on a previous marketing video and had a great experience, so we followed that recommendation to use them.

We spent around $40,000 on the project.

We worked together from roughly April–July 2019.

I was a really big fan of the final product. The video turned out great and Umault understood exactly the message we were trying to convey. Our internal team had nothing but positive remarks about the video. People were very excited about the launch of the final product and viewed it as one of the best videos we’ve ever produced.  We were very happy with the work Umault delivered and our engagement overall.

How did Umault perform from a project management standpoint?

They were really easy to work with and we enjoyed working together. Umault was receptive to any feedback we gave them and they helped us fully flesh out our idea. Their patience was great, especially when they taught us about the video production process and ensuring we were comfortable. They came up with ideas we hadn’t even thought about and incorporated our feedback into the work. Our communication was really smooth, crisp, and clear between the teams.

I found their ability to compellingly tell our story to be very impressive. They used their creativity to convey our message while coming up with clever solutions during production. For example, they knew to change the angles or lighting to subtly convey different messages to our viewer, which was really great. Overall, the work they did came out well because of this skill.

I honestly can’t think of any way for them to improve. They were an efficient and effective partner.

Trust the experts to do what they do best. We thought we’d have to come up with the script and storytelling ideas, but it was better for us to focus on the message and allow Umault to do their job. Let them help you come up with even better concepts than you originally had.

Overall Score It was an easy engagement and they were very receptive partners.
    Most of the time they finished early.
    I’m impressed with the output for the cost
    I’ve already recommended them to several internal colleagues.

Video Production for Medical Software Firm

"It was clear that they did their homework, which blew us away and will keep us coming back."

Apr. - July 2019

Umault created a short film to convey the benefits of a medical finance management software. Utilizing emotional storytelling, they sought to drive awareness amongst finance executives at health organizations.

Creative Director, Software Company

The collaboration with Umault was a pleasure. The agency endeavored to understand the client's business model, and their diligence was evident throughout the engagement. The team leads were involved and responsive, building a robust foundation of trust with the client from the beginning.

I am a creative director at a healthcare technology company called Waystar. We provide next-generation, cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies the healthcare revenue cycle. Our platform removes friction in payment processes, streamlines workflows and improves financials for providers in every care setting.

For what projects/services did your company hire Umault?

We hired Umault to create a short film taking an emotional look at the impact people in healthcare can have on their patients and business when their RCM is a well-oiled machine. This spot shows what life in revenue preventative care can look like.

Our target audience and message is complex. We needed a simple and emotional story to tell to help us drive awareness amongst CFOs and other finance executives at hospitals and health systems. We also needed to drive new lead generation for our sales efforts.

We needed a strategic partner that would help us craft our message in a meaningful way. Umault's portfolio showed this kind of thinking. They also had unique B2B clients who's messages resonated with our team. Unlike other video production companies we approached, Umault offered us a SOW just for the strategy of the video.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Umault presented us a unique strategy for our video. This included setting objectives, where it fell within our sales funnel, a competitive audit, targeted our segments and stakeholders, developed a creative brief, timeline and schedule for production.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

We worked directly with Guy Bauer and Tory Merrit the entire process. Both were very engaged and responsive to any constructive critique. The trust that our team had built with them was strong from the begining.

It was clear that they truly listened to our feedback and adapted their concepts without losing the authenticity of the original concept.

Very effective. great communication and open candor.

The thoughtfulness of the learning our business from the get go. It was clear that they did their homework, which blew us away and will keep us coming back.

None that we can see thus far.

Video Production for a Building Materials Company

"They’ve been a great partner for us."

Mar. 2012 - Ongoing

Umault created advertising videos within a long-term partnership. They made videos for branding campaigns and partner marketing efforts, along with an instructional video series.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Bridget Kulla
Senior Manager, James Hardie

Their videos have proven instrumental for digital advertising purposes and in presentations. Umault’s work has received positive feedback internally. They’re a transparent and knowledgeable team that offers thoughtful solutions.

James Hardie is an international building materials manufacturer with headquarters in Chicago and operations around the globe. My job is to oversee our digital marketing and content creation efforts in North America. I’ve been here for about eight years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Umault?

I’ve been working with Umault for almost the entirety of my time at James Hardie. I think I hired them in my second week on the job to help tell, in an emotional and meaningful way, the value propositions that are going to be important for our brand for both homeowners and our trade audiences.

We sell products B2B and B2C and it's a very low awareness category. We’ve got a lot of explaining to do and we want to do it in a way that appeals to both the head and the heart.

I can't even count the number of videos that we've worked with Umault on over the years. They've been our go-to video production partner during that time. They’ve worked on not only big, brand-level stories that we tell, but also local and partner marketing efforts that we provide to our builder and contractor partners.

In addition to that, they also helped us with our entire install video series, which was about 60 videos in total. They run the gamut from long-form storytelling to very short, graphics-heavy explainer videos.

We use them pretty consistently and we do a number of videos with them each year. Our involvement ebbs and flows depending on what our needs are each year, but there's certainly not a year that goes by without at least a handful of videos that we work with.

I’ve worked with at least a dozen people there. I have a couple of primary contacts.

How did you come to work with Umault?

I knew someone in the video production space here in Chicago and Umault came highly recommended by that person.

We spend around $100,000 per year with them across all of our teams.

We started working with them in March 2012 and the engagement is ongoing.

We use most of the videos digitally, so we have a lot of metrics around views, impressions, and engagement that we look at. One of the key KPIs is views, but that's not always the most meaningful one. We leverage their videos for advertising purposes on our website and sales presentations. Umault has developed a really good reputation across our business.

How did Umault perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very transparent with their timelines and with their planning. They take a measure twice, cut once approach. Their documentation of timelines and production books is thorough, both on-site and during the editing process. They’re good about deadline management and communicating their progress.

The key differentiator with Umault is their strategic partnership approach with their client, which makes it very easy for them to tell meaningful stories with a high degree of efficiency. They take the time upfront to understand what's important to our business and what we're trying to accomplish, and then they come to the table with creative solutions to help get us there. It’s not always the solution that we think when we come in, but that's why we hire them—because they're the experts in that area, not us.

No, I can’t think of anything. They’ve been a great partner for us. I hope that they'll continue to do well.

Make sure that you view them as a strategic partner because that's when they do their best work. Provide them with the business objectives, not just what you're trying to accomplish in the short term.

Video Production for Mattress Company

"Guy Bauer really got excited about our project, and their passion shone through in their work."

Dec. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Guy Bauer helped conceptualize, film, and finalize a 1-minute brand story video with shorter cuts for multiplatform use. They conducted market research to analyze the company and competitor landscape.

Founder, Bear Mattress

A team of creative experts, Guy Bauer delivered an outstanding video that widely surpassed client expectations. User response on YouTube and other social media platforms has been uniformly and enthusiastically positive. The versatile deliverable will be repurposed on TV and in outstream and OTT ads.

I'm the founder of Bear Mattress, an online direct-to-consumer sleep and wellness brand. We sell products including mattresses, pillows, and other sleep accessories geared towards people living an active lifestyle.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guy Bauer?

We hired Guy Bauer to put together a brand video that could tell our story. We wanted to be able to use it both on our website as well as on social media and as a commercial.

The initial part of the project was a creative storytelling process. First, Guy Bauer presented ideas about the concept for our video. They thoroughly researched our sector to find out what our competitors are doing and discover what our brand is about.

The team provided a fresh perspective to help us brainstorm options. They created storyboards at a very high level to show us what the video might look like. From there, we worked together to narrow down the scope.

When we moved into the actual video production phase, they developed real storyboards and a script. As we moved through the process together step by step. From our side, we let them take the lead.

After producing a minute-long video, they cut it down into shorter segments like 15 and 30 seconds so we could use it across many different platforms.

Guy (Founder, Guy Bauer) was involved in every stage of the process. His supporting team consisted of production and casting specialists. They collaborated with us closely the whole time.  They assigned us a production manager to serve as our point person.

How did you come to work with Guy Bauer?

Our creative director did extensive research on different video companies. We were specifically looking in the Chicago area. After talking with each vendor, we ended up filtering out about 5–6 companies.

We chose Guy Bauer based on their previous work and unique approach.  Speaking with him gave us the sense that working with him and his team would be different than what everybody else was doing. We saw a lot of value in the partnership, so we selected them.

The total cost was between $40,000–$50,000.

We started the project in December 2018 and received the final videos in early March 2019. The timeline lasted about three months from the time we first engaged them to the finished product.

Guy lent his vision and experience to our project every step of the way. I can honestly say that the videos turned out way beyond our expectations. I couldn't have been happier with the results.

So far, the feedback from our users on social media and YouTube has been solid. We're going to take it to more prominent platforms now, and are considering using it on actual TV. We plan to try some outstream and OTT-type advertising with the video.

We had a great experience with Guy Bauer. I thought the research process was especially well-done. They were always on time and delivered every step of the way. All the initial results have been strongly positive.

How did Guy Bauer perform from a project management standpoint?

Guy Bauer worked well with our team. They were extremely organized, timely, and responsive to our questions and feedback.  At least once a week, they sent us status updates and notified us about anything that arose.

The product manager was there to answer our questions. We had weekly phone calls and used email for an ongoing dialogue about anything that we wanted to discuss. Our project manager was copied on every email.

Compared to other groups we considered, they bring outstanding innovation to the table. Even though I wasn't completely sold on the initial research and creative process, that phase turned out to be the most important part.

Guy Bauer really got excited about our project, and their passion shone through in the work. I'm not a very artistic person, but I thought that the video turned out fantastically. It blew me away.

I don't have anything negative to say about the process. To be honest, I am hoping to work with them again in the future.  I highly recommend them.

Let Guy Bauer do their work and guide the process. If you have a very large team or marketing group and just want a team to execute on a specific vision, they probably could. We wanted to hire somebody who was very creative and passionate. You'll get the most value by having your team be engaged with the process.

Guy Bauer will also expect approval and feedback. Assigning a point person like an in-house project manager from your organization to contact them would be useful.

Video Production for Financial Advisor Engagement

"Not only does Guy Bauer create a high-end product, but they perform an exceptional service."

Apr. - Dec. 2018

Guy Bauer created a short and informative video that explains a financial service, targeting advisors. The team crafted a clear and memorable message.

5,000 - 10,000 Employees

Boston, Massachusetts
Joe Rokowski
President, MassMutual Trust Company

Feedback has been outstanding. The video is gaining visibility and is a hit with investors and employees. Guy Bauer’s team is communicative and responsive. They’re skilled with video and content creation. Customers can expect a creative and readily accessible team that delivers on their promises.

I’m the president of MassMutual Trust Company. We provide private services to affluent clients with a high net worth. Our team of 40, including investment professionals, attorneys, and certified trust officers, help clients and advisors manage their complexities in their financial affairs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guy Bauer?

We work primarily through financial advisors as intermediaries. Sometimes it’s hard to explain what we do to 9,000 advisors across the country. We wanted a video that had a message that resonated with advisors. We needed them to understand the space we occupy and remember our company in the future.

A couple years ago, I began talking with Guy (Founder, Guy Bauer) about this project and how I needed his help creating a short video that crafted my message. It needed to be clear, crisp, memorable, and able to hold watchers’ attention.

I primarily worked with Guy and Tory (Head of Client Services–Account Director, Guy Bauer).

How did you come to work with Guy Bauer?

Guy Bauer was referred to me by a company that I do business with. I’d seen work that they did for another company and thought it was exceptional. Three years ago, I contracted Guy, and he did a nice job. Then this past year, I went back to him with a different idea.

The project cost around $65,000.

We started working together about a year ago and concluded the project in December.

We shared the video with investors and internally. Feedback has been tremendous. People have commented saying it’s the nicest work we’ve ever created. It was posted on our website a few weeks ago, and have received positive posts from employees and other viewers. The video is gaining traction and visibility.

How did Guy Bauer perform from a project management standpoint?

Guy Bauer has a responsive team. Tory does an excellent job in setting expectations and communicating through email. They always deliver when they promise, and if for some reason they can’t, they’ll get back to me and will explain the delay. Guy works efficiently with his team, brainstorming and coming up with creative ways to bring my idea to life. They’re an exceptional group to work with.

I was impressed with their writing staff. I also appreciated that I could communicate with them on parts of the project I wanted to see, and they were responsive to show me any clip or photo. Not only does Guy Bauer create a high-end product, but they perform an exceptional service. They understand the importance of being available and responsive.

I can’t think of any.

Clients should be directly involved, setting the direction and having a clear vision. After that, they need to let Guy take over. New customers also need to be included in the first outline their team puts together and those early meetings. They listen and come back within a week with their plan.

Overall Score They’re exceptional and right at the top.
    I would likely refer them.

Video Production for an Air Purification Product Company

"We loved the end product and confidently presented it to our customers."

Mar. 2016 - Nov. 2018

Guy Bauer produced two promotional videos with animation and CGI components. Services included scripting and shooting.

Raymond Wu
Co-Founder and CEO, Wynd Technologies

The videos helped raise nearly $2 million in larger digital campaigns. Such success exceeded expectations and resulted in a timely product launch.  During production, Guy Bauer was an accommodating, disciplined, and organized partner. They proactively guided the complex process.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of Wynd Technologies. We focus on air quality sensing and remediation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guy Bauer?

We did a Kickstarter campaign for our first product and needed a concise launch video that could convey a compelling story. Our team hired Guy Bauer to produce the video, which would layout out the product’s key differentiation and use case to the Kickstarter community.

Guy Bauer scripted the video in a collaborative process. We provided feedback and held multiple phone calls to refine the draft. Our team then re-engaged them on a second video project.

We worked with 3–4 people during the first project and 4–5 on the second video. The team size increased during filming.

How did you come to work with Guy Bauer?

We searched for vendors and liked the team’s videos.

We started working with them in March 2016 and the second video project wrapped in November 2018.

We spent $60,000 in total.

We still use the second video and our product just launched in the Apple Store. On both campaigns, the crowdfunding and preorder dollar levels exceeded our expectations. The first crowdfunding campaign raised $800,000 and the second achieved over $1 million. Given the video’s placement at the top of the page, we can credit a lot of this success to Guy Bauer.

Furthermore, the team’s special effects skills were clean and smooth on the second video. We continue to get positive feedback from a variety of people.

How did Guy Bauer perform from a project management standpoint?

We were prone to delays, but the team kept us on track. They had a disciplined approach to the logistics around shooting.

We keep hiring Guy Bauer because they excelled at handholding and guided us through an unfamiliar video production process. Overall, the team went above and beyond our initial requirements. For example, we had under-scoped the amount of animation and CGI needed. The team accommodated our side as we had to re-record audio. We loved the end product and confidently presented it to our customers.

We needed to plan the partnership early and have a more structured story going into the engagement. Guy Bauer did the best they could.

Provide in-depth context as early as possible. That information makes the process more efficient for all parties.

Video Production for University Scholarship Campaign

"Their responsive team had everything covered, from creating ideas, fleshing out the script, and scheduling."

Oct. 2018 - Nov. 2018

Guy Bauer created a video to launch a scholarship campaign that would engage donors and alumni. The team fleshed out a script and storyboard. They also ran all of the post-production.

501 - 1,000 Employees

Angela Johansson
Marketing Director, Northern Illinois University

The video met all expectations, and initial viewers reacted enthusiastically. Guy Bauer’s skilled production team draws audiences in with their top-notch storytelling. They are proactive, insightful and flexible. Customers can expect a fantastic experience working with their video production team.

I’m the director of marketing and communications for the NIU Foundation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Guy Bauer?

We hired Guy Bauer to create a video to launch our scholarship campaign. We wanted a compelling and exciting video that would encourage alumni to engage and donors to give.

We had a script and storyboard. We needed Guy Bauer to bring the video to life, by bringing their value and creative talent. Their team put the video together, using all of our students, campus buildings, and mascot.

We worked with at least five to six people on this project. Our team included Guy (President & Founder, Guy Bauer), a project manager, several camera operators, and a post-production team that edited sound and music.

How did you come to work with Guy Bauer?

I found Guy Bauer online. Their sample videos drew me in with beautiful camerawork. They have a gift for telling a story and evoking emotion. Everything on their site was well produced. I reached out, and our first conversation and their proposal were outstanding. Guy Bauer’s ideas were exceptional and showed an acute understanding of our business and goals.

We spent around $30,000.

We worked with Guy Bauer between October–November 2018.

We haven’t launched the campaign yet, but external and internal feedback has been positive. We showed the video at our signature gala with about 500 alumni and donors present. It sparked great applause, and everyone loved it. Guy Bauer did everything they promised. The exciting video reflects our university and community.

How did Guy Bauer perform from a project management standpoint?

From the moment I hired them, I didn’t have to worry about anything. Their responsive team had everything covered, from creating ideas, fleshing out the script, and scheduling. When we had weather issues, their team worked around that. Guy Bauer is filled with excellent problem solvers that exhibit a positive attitude.

Guy Bauer is a smart and brilliant team. It’s probably one of the best experiences I’ve had with a video production company. While watching their demos, I knew that they could produce our videos and I was right. Working with Guy Bauer was one of the best professional decisions I’ve made.

No, I don’t think so.

We hit every deadline and meeting. Their project managers are excellent.
    Their work is reasonably priced compared to other agencies in the area.
    They produced a top-notch, short video that evokes emotion and was right on target. It’s better than I thought it would be.