Software Development Company & DevOps Consultant

Since our first priority is YOU, we provide high-quality code and great cooperation environment. That’s why we don’t act like an outsourcing company, but rather as a part of your in-house team.

We are a boutique-like software company specializing in Python programming, focusing on custom software development, DevOps, consulting and outsourcing to ensure the best service & support for our clients.

We have experience in analyzing complicated business processes and turning them into simple software applications.

Industries and areas we support:

• Fintech
  • Blockchain
  • Telecommunication
  • MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)
  • Production and Manufacturing
  • Agriculture
  • E-commerce

Examples of tools and products we have built:

• Exchanges and lending platforms
  • CRM System/Sales Order
  • Inventory Management System
  • Multi-tenancy Software
  • Event & Ticketing Systems

Technology solutions/stack we rely on to deliver scalable and flawlessly working apps:

• Python development with frameworks like Django, Pyramid, Flask and others.
  • JavaScript with standards and libraries like ES6, Angular and React.
  • Android & iOS apps using clean architecture and newest technologies like RxSwift, RxJava, Kotlin or even React Native.
  • DevOps Services - like containerization, microservices, log management, deployment automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.

Let us help make a lasting impression on you.

Contact us and tell us about your project!

Wrocław, Poland
  • Grabiszyńska 163/115
    Wrocław 53-439
    Poland
  • Mokotowska 1
    Warsaw 00-640
    Poland

Mobile Vikings, Lendingblock, Willard Agri-Service, RankSense, GotMyJobs, Scent Trunk, Ruuvy.

Lendingblock Image

Lendingblock

Lendingblock is the first cross-chain institutional digital asset lending exchange. Ulam Labs develops back and frontend of the platform.

Mobile Vikings Image

Mobile Vikings

Mobile Vikings is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) founded in 2007 in Belgium. Ulam Labs supports Vikings’ team with mobile and backend expertise.

CEECAM Corporation Image

CEECAM Corporation

CEECAM helps construction companies to supervise their jobs by providing them monitoring tool. Ulam Labs has built a powerful slider connected with high resolution cameras and a back-office system.

RankSense Image

RankSense

RankSense’s core product is a groundbreaking machine-assisted SEO platform for e-commerce sites, that is built on top of the Kubernetes Federation and Google Cloud Platform, which handles more than 1000 requests per second and can automatically scale almost indefinitely. RankSense required great DevOps.

Willard Agri-Service of Frederick Image

Willard Agri-Service of Frederick

Willard Agri-Service of Frederick manufactures and supplies liquid fertilizers and crop protectant to US Mid-Atlatntic region plantations. Ulam Labs built modern and unified system to replace a legacy one.  The system helps to manage company’s sales, data management, manufacturing and planning processes.

Scent Trunk Image

Scent Trunk

Scent Trunk is a company that designs original fragrances for their clients based on a guided process of personal discovery. Ulam Labs helps with front and backend development.

Ruuvy Image

Ruuvy

San Diego based Ruuvy is a company that helps celebrities like Whitney Port manage their content and their relationship with their clients.

GotMyJobs Image

GotMyJobs

GotMyJobs helps small to medium-sized construction companies grab control of their business operations by replacing manual processes with a powerful collaboration network. Ulam Labs developed the tool.

Web Application Dev for Media Technology Solutions Firm

"It was easy to communicate with Ulam Labs."

Jan. - May 2018

Ulam Labs performed frontend development on a web application based on provided designs. Their services included building a Django application to expose API functionality.

David Moss
Head of Development, NMR

While stakeholders ceased working on the project, they were pleased with the high-quality code. Demo users praised the solution’s appearance and functionality. A flexible team, Ulam Labs seamlessly adapted to agile working methods. They are a deadline-oriented group.

I’m the head of development at NMR. We are a media consultancy that helps companies manage and distribute their video content.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ulam Labs?

We hired Ulam Labs to build a web application that would manage the administration, the storage, and the UI of a solution. We’d won a European research grant to create a commercially viable, sustainable product, and we were going to bring it to market for customers in the media entertainment space. We would work with three companies to build the solution.

The final product would monetize and add value to video content. It would enrich metadata by using AI to analyze video content (e.g. it could perform quality analysis or facial recognition). The solution would also be used to analyze video streams on a real-time basis such as courtroom footage.

We needed them for their frontend development skills, as the solution required frame accurate video players and an optimized web browser. We gave them in-house designs for the web application, which they implemented in React with TypeScript.

They used Python to build a Django application that would expose API functionality. Technologies used also included Javascript.

We were working with 3–4 people. In addition to development, the team performed project management and operations functions.

How did you come to work with Ulam Labs?

I had an engagement with Ulam Labs at my previous company, and I got good results from the team. I trusted them and was already aware of how they worked. I also knew they had quality engineers that could deliver the results I needed. In addition, they’re less expensive than similar companies in the United Kingdom market.

We invested about $60,000.

We worked with them from January 2018 until May 2018.

They delivered a high-quality product in a timely fashion. I didn’t have any problems with the team—they were a pleasure to work with. When we went to trade shows and demoed the product, the feedback was always really good. Everyone loved what they saw, and the solution worked well. It’s still being demoed today.

It’s difficult to provide other metrics because our parent company decided to pull out of the European engagement, and the project was put on ice. However, other companies are still running with it.

How did Ulam Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a very flexible workflow, which worked well for us. Team members were familiar with the agile practices we were running. They ran sprints and were available for standups. When a deadline came around, they were willing to work on a weekend to deliver the results on time.

They delivered high-quality code. The team has the expertise to implement frontend development in the most efficient and modern way possible.

It was easy to communicate with Ulam Labs. There was zero language barrier as they spoke impeccable English.

I’d like to use them more often, so I’d like their company to grow. Hopefully, their successes will allow them to grow larger, and we’ll be able to engage in bigger projects.

Future clients should try to meet the team in person and develop a face-to-face relationship.  Consistent communication is key because it makes the communication barrier as small as possible. Clients should also make sure their requirements are clear.

Overall Score It was excellent.
    They delivered everything on time.
    Their services were a lot cheaper than in the United Kingdom.
    The quality was outstanding.

Development for a Cryptocurrency Trading Application

"Professional and trustworthy experts work at Ulam Labs."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Ulam Labs assisted with the development of a cryptocurrency platform. The team concentrated on the DevOps and front- and backend. They used Docker, Python, and Kubernetes for building the platform.

Luca Sbardella
CTO, LendingBlock

Ulam Labs acted as a trustworthy technology partner, working as a part of the team. Their work is high-quality. Customers can expect a dependable and skilled team when working with Ulam Labs.

I’m the CTO of LendingBlock, a fintech company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ulam Labs?

We needed a technology partner to develop a cryptocurrency platform for trading loans.

Ulam Labs has assisted my team in building the platform from scratch. Their team integrated within our agile methodology.

We focused on the design, while they work on the backend, frontend, and DevOps. Our team helped with some of the features on the backend and DevOps side. They used Python, Docker, and Kubernetes on the platform.

My main point of contact is Konrad (Owner & CTO, Ulam Labs). I work with four of their team members.

How did you come to work with Ulam Labs?

I knew Konrad from a previous job and contacted him about this project.

We’ve spent €130,000 (approximately $147,900 USD).

We started engaging with Ulam Labs in April 2018, and the work is ongoing.

We track story points and finished tickets on our agile boards. The quality of code is excellent.

How did Ulam Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management is done in-house.

Professional and trustworthy experts work at Ulam Labs. I can give their team a task, knowing it will be completed at the highest standard.

They could hire additional developers.

Web Dev for Virtual Network Operator

“They are seniors so they have a lot of experience, and they work in a professional way.”

Sept. 2016 – Ongoing

Ulam Labs offers ongoing development support to a virtual network operator. Using multiple technologies, they work on the backend of a Django site to install new features, build payment processes, and fix bugs.

Wroclaw, Poland
COO, Virtual Network Operator

Ulam Labs made a great impression on company employees, which is reflected in their positive feedback. The hard-working team brings strong expertise and dedication to their work and develops products with a focus on end users. There is no job too big or too small for this willing and able team.

I’m the COO of a small mobile virtual network operator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ulam Labs?

We were looking for developers.

We’ve been working with Ulam Labs for 2–3 years, and they’ve become almost a part of our company. They’re an external team, but they work with us continuously.

When we started the collaboration, Konrad (Co-owner, Ulam Labs) reviewed all our processes and gave me advice on what we should change. They were involved in building payment processes and fixing bugs. They provided backend web development using different technologies, usually for new features, but also for bug fixing. We have in-house Python developers, and our website is built on Django, so this is our main focus. They’ve also proposed a lot of new technologies. Some of the features they’ve developed include an automatic payment system for our customers, a new loyalty business module, and a prepaid SIM card registration process done in-app.

We worked with three senior developers from their team in the beginning. We’re currently using two, but we will add another member again soon.

How did you come to work with Ulam Labs?

I found Konrad on LinkedIn and found out that he was working in the same building as us, on the same floor. This was a huge advantage in the beginning, given that they could visit us every day from the first hour for stand-ups. I was impressed with their experience in development. Compared to other companies, I wouldn’t need to put in as much time and effort to involve them in our processes, which was a big added value.

The total cost of their work has been around $200,000. We plan to work with them more.

We started working with Ulam Labs in September 2016 and we have an ongoing relationship.

I received feedback from my team of 20–25 people, including developers, project managers, and product owners. Ulam is a professional team, and time is not an issue for them; if they have to stay longer, work harder, and work faster, they will do it. They’re always prepared and focused.

How did Ulam Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked on a single project in the beginning while we were getting to know each other, but we later started to work in Scrum, and they became involved at each level of the development. There was no set area where we used Ulam; we could use them everywhere.

They are seniors so they have a lot of experience, and they work in a professional way. We provide the right kind of atmosphere for them, but, had the process on our side not been prepared well, they would have mentioned it. From my point of view, Ulam requires a professional atmosphere and work process.

We’re not working within the same building anymore, but they’re still on time when they visit. They visit us a few times per week. Aside from this, we use email and instant messaging like Slack. They’re always available, including weekends and holidays.

They have senior developers, and, although they’re an external company, they’re dedicated to the work. Much of their work is related to customer service and happiness. We’re a customer-oriented company, and they know and understand this. They fix a lot of small issues and bugs, and this hasn’t been a problem for Ulam. They think about the satisfaction of the end user; they take this into account, and they’re also quite product-oriented, which is nice.

Ulam is a great team, and I regret that they’re not part of my own team. They’re stable and they want to have long collaborations with their customers, but professional engagement is different with an external company than it is with an internal team.

Overall Score They’re great, but there’s always room for improvement.
    They are quite expensive, but I understand that we have to pay for quality.

Backend Python Dev for SAAS Projects

“They’re top-notch developers and I’d definitely work with them again.”

2015 - May 2017

Ulam completed two backend-centric projects across two discrete, third-party engagements. Working from extant wireframes, they supplemented internal staff on architecture, coding, and UI work.

Washington, DC
Erik Dahl
CEO, Sandpiper Consulting

Ulam exceeded expectations—not only coming in under budget and beating deadlines, but also in delivering workable solutions when they were sometimes thought to be impossible to develop. This combination could lead to future engagement.

I’m the former CEO of Sandpiper Consulting and GotMyJobs, Inc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ulam Labs?

I first engaged with them when I was CEO of GotMyJobs. We made a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for small to mid-size construction management companies and needed help with backend Python development.

We worked together across two separate engagements. One for GotMyJobs and another when I started Sandpiper Consulting. For GotMyJobs, they helped with backend architecture, coding, and minimal design work based on the wireframes I provided.

When I was with Sandpiper, we contracted Ulam to help with a client’s front- and backend development. That project was a rewrite of a Visual Basic app. I provided wireframes and they worked from there. They transformed the existing code into a Python backend and wrote the UI in JavaScript. We used Angular for the frontend work and Django for the server.

I worked directly with three developers on both projects.

How did you come to work with Ulam Labs?

We originally found them on Odesk, which later morphed into Upwork.

I spent over $100,000 in total.

We started working together in 2015. Our last project concluded in mid-2017.

I hired them for two separate projects, so clearly I thought they were good. They’re one of the best developers I’ve worked with: super-hardworking, smart, and able to get things done quickly. The end user on the Sandpiper job was very happy with the results. They didn’t think it was possible to rewrite their software, but we did it under budget and on time.

How did Ulam Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

I did a lot of the project management throughout both engagements. However, they’re organized and good at managing development sprints. We communicated through Slack, Google Hangouts, and used Jira for test management.

They’re top-notch developers and I’d definitely work with them again.

I don’t have any serious complaints.

Hire them; they’re great.

Django Dev for Fragrance Ordering Platform

"They're great about making sure their clients are happy."

Aug. - Dec. 2017

Ulam supplemented internal staff by migrating a website to Django, developing various applications, and building order management and user feedback functionality. They continue to maintain the website.

Ontario, Canada
William Lin
CEO, Scent Trunk

Positive internal feedback, higher customer retention rates, and site stability highlight Ulam’s work. They’re very responsive, but also honest in addressing delays or concerns. Their desire to understand overarching business and project goals also sets them apart from the competition.

I'm the CEO and Founder of Scent Truck, a direct-to-consumer fragrance brand that allows individuals to create customized fragrances. We also create formulations for enterprise, using data about the scents consumers gravitate toward to help businesses create products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ulam Labs?

We had some developers working on a website stack migration to Django, but we needed more manpower. Over time, our needs have evolved into building new applications as well.

Our product line is more complicated than traditional product lines. Through the use of a recommendation engine on our website, we're able to determine and generate the ideal scent for a customer based on a number of factors. This process produces unique products that, therefore, lack SKUs [Stock Keeping Units]. For that reason, Shopify isn't an ideal platform for us.

Additionally, collecting feedback from customers to improve our recommendations is a key part of our business.

Initially, Ulam built our entire order management system, automating user feedback and providing customers with a “scent specialist” or customer service representative. The system allowed for customer support staff to manually alter orders if needed.

Their team also handled various frontend projects, while gathering data on how customers were using our website. Using our original design, they built out custom features and made significant changes to the website overall.

At a certain point, Ulam started handling the majority of our development work and continues to update and monitor the site.

I mostly work with a project manager and a few others on their team.

How did you come to work with Ulam Labs?

I found them through Upwork.

We've invested $50,000–$60,000.

We started working together in August 2017. Although they completed the Django migration in December 2017, Ulam continues to maintain our website.

We've received a lot of positive feedback from members of our team. Website performance and customer retention has increased, and I'd definitely say that our business has improved as a result of their work.

How did Ulam Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

Using Slack has made their team especially accessible. They're very responsive and dedicated. I remember having trouble with the site on a Friday night, for example, and they stayed up working on it for us. They're great about making sure their clients are happy.

I'm most impressed by their project management and communication approach, especially compared to other contractors I've worked with. They're organized and take deadlines seriously, but they're also transparent about any issues that may come up and delay work. As a business owner, that transparency allows me to plan around timelines with advanced notice; that's a rare quality to find in a web developer.

No. I think they're great.

Entrepreneurs tend to be impatient and dive into projects quickly. Ulam has a great onboarding process, so I recommend taking your time in the beginning to ensure their developers are fully up to speed on your application and company. The process shouldn't be rushed.

Overall Score Working with them continues to be a great experience.

DevOps for SEO Firm

"Ulam provides their expertise and makes helpful suggestions backed up with data to better a project’s outcome."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Ulam Labs audited a Google Cloud account to fix a billing mistake and made infrastructure changes to lower costs. They continue to provide DevOps services, particularly involving Google Cloud.

Iselin, New Jersey
Hamlet Batista
RankSense

Ulam is extremely diligent in resolving issues. Despite a more relaxed organizational structure, they continue to improve by developing an effective and polished project management system. They also go above and beyond expectations to provide impactful and helpful advice to further high-quality results.

I’m the CEO of RankSense, which is an SEO software company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ulam Labs?

Our previous DevOps vendor began placing junior staff on our account and billed us for their mistakes. They also made a billing configuration error that tripled what we were paying for on our Google Cloud account. The situation became very desperate and frustrating, so we reached out to Ulam to get us back on track.

Our immediate and urgent need was to bring down the cost of our Google Cloud services. They audited our account to assess what was driving up costs and figure out a way to lower costs. They then corrected the billing mistake by making changes to our infrastructure within about a month.

From there, Ulam served as our DevOps vendor and continues to do so.

I work with Konrad Rotkiewicz [Lead Full Stack Python Developer and System Engineer, Ulam Labs] who serves as the project manager to our account. I also work with two developers.

How did you come to work with Ulam Labs?

I found them on UpWork and recruited them to do a small project to gauge whether they would be a good partner. They didn’t disappoint, so I decided to bring them on full-time.

We invested between $50,000 to $60,000 in our partnership with them.

We began working with them in September 2017 and continue to partner with them for DevOps needs.

They’re very responsive to our clients. Because of their diligence, I’m actually able to connect clients directly to them to resolve issues. For example, we recently had a client that was failing their PCI compliance scans. In order to fix the problem, we needed to disable outdated SSL ciphers, but Google Cloud didn’t have the capability to disable them. Konrad work diligently with Google Cloud support to allow us access to an alpha version of the Google Cloud infrastructure that would enable us to disable to the SSL ciphers. They work diligently for weeks and ultimately resolved the issue for the client.

How did Ulam Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done very well. I was previously managing their developers myself, but Konrad is hiring more people and directly managing them so I don’t have to. The project management system they’re developing among themselves is effective — we’re able to see their progress. They know how to prioritize, so we don’t have to wait a long time for things to be completed.

To communicate with them, we use Jira, eHub, and Slack.

It’s very difficult to find vendors who are willing or able to give you impactful suggestions to better your project. Most developers I’ve worked with don’t challenge your plans; they just do what they’re told. Ulam provides their expertise and makes helpful suggestions backed up with data to better a project’s outcome. I truly appreciate their input — it’s one of the reasons I continue to have them on my team.

More structure and planning in place would be appreciated. For instance, keeping clients updated on when Ulam will have someone from their team available for assistance would be great. Right now, the process is a bit informal.

Another thing they could improve would be to offer a 24/7 support service. We are able to contact them in case of an emergency, but more availability would be convenient.