Mobile Apps & Websites to Help Your Business Grow

True North Technologies promises to grow your business in the digital age by creating engaging, affordable and functional apps and websites that directly connect you with customers. Poor online visibility? SEO and digital marketing can be confusing. We specialize helping businesses get to the top of the search results. Your journey begins by developing a clear strategy to boost your digital presence.

2019
Lincoln, NE
  • 285 S. 68th St. Place, Suite 318
    Lincoln, NE 68510

Website Design & Development Image

Website Design & Development

We will make the website development process simple and easy. We develop beautiful, fast and effective websites for every budget.

Mobile Apps Image

Mobile Apps

We develop mobile apps to help businesses and non-profits create additional revenue and communicate with customers and members.

Web Dev & Design for Interior Design Company

"I would always, always recommend True North Technologies if someone asks for web design services."

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

True North Technologies redesigned and -built a website for an interior design firm. They added different tabs for services, promotional offerings, and a mobile-friendly layout.

Wendy Tridle
Owner, Organize by Design

The website arrived ahead of schedule and achieved four times the monthly visitors that the client expected according to True North Technologies’ regular metrics report. The team’s willingness to take feedback and respond outside of typical work hours make them a valuable partner.

I’m the owner of Organize by Design. We’re an organization and interior design business.

What challenge were you trying to address with True North Technologies?

True North Technologies developed my website. We had an existing website, but it wasn’t mobile-friendly.

True North Technologies redesigned and -developed my website and then hosted it on GoDaddy. I’m a designer so I wanted the site to look good and function well. It needed a professional, trendy design with great colors.

The team added a lot of details. I wanted visitors to be able to go back and forth between our two services: organization and interior design. True North Technologies made different tabs for that. I also have a business with holiday decorating that I didn’t want to promote until the holiday season. True North Technologies made it so I can always change it and do different promotions.

I work with Renee (Owner and App Developer) and Dylan (Former Intern), the web designer. Renee facilitates it and comes up with ideas and directions.

How did you come to work with True North Technologies?

I knew I wanted to use someone local, so I went to a referral group and ran into Renee. It was a good fit; I liked her personality and felt like we could work together.

We’ve spent about $1,000–$1,500. I think I was one of her first clients.

The partnership started in August 2019 and is ongoing.

I wanted the website up and ready in a certain amount of time, and True North Technologies exceeded that. We’re now seeing 20 visits per month, which is great for me because I expected at most five. The team sends me statistics on how the site is doing. I didn’t even know that was part of the service. It’s just one page and very easy to understand, listing the activity of each page and how many contacts and emails we’ve received. It’s great to know that people are visiting the website, and the graphs and data are very helpful.

Renee’s relationship with the referral group has helped; she promotes her work on our website and we piggyback off each other. Because of her personality and who she is, we’re able to continue our relationship. I would always, always recommend True North Technologies if someone asks for web design services.

How did True North Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They always exceed. They’re very good at responding to me right away. Lots of times, they didn’t always get a quick reply from me, so I was responsible for any delays. Dylan in particular is available nights and weekends because of his schedule, which I appreciate.

They’re very serious and meet deadlines. The outcome of the product is better than I expected. We have no issues at all.

The first time the website came out, I honestly didn’t like it. It didn’t have much design. However, True North Technologies took it upon themselves to recreate it page by page. I think our expectations were misaligned, but it was their first time, and they did better than people who have been doing it for 20 years.

Be involved and take time to help them out. The more information you can give True North Technologies at the beginning, the better the project will be in the long run.

I wish I could give a higher score.

Website Dev & Design for Personal Training Company

"The way that they got to know my company and goals was impressive."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

True North Technologies developed a new website for a personal trainer. They included multiple features such as Instagram feed integration and intake forms for new clients.

Edward Boone
Owner, Midwest Health & Wellness

As a result of the collaboration with True North Technologies, the client is seeing an increase in views on their website. Feedback has also been positive. Customers can expect a responsive and flexible team that cares about the businesses they work with.

I’m the owner of a personal training company. We also do some nutrition counseling. My wife and I run the business in addition to having full-time jobs.

What challenges were you trying to address True North Technologies?

I wanted a better website, and I wanted to help drive business from Google and Google Maps.

I had a website I built myself. They used some of the information from that site, but they built it essentially from scratch. I sat down with Renee (Owner), and we went through my business and what sets me apart from competitors.

The website includes an intake form, a popup window with current deals, and connected my Instagram account.

Renee was my main point of contact, but I also worked with Dylan.

How did you come to work with True North Technologies?

I met Renee at a Chamber of Commerce event. Initially, I thought I wanted to develop a mobile application for my business. However, after talking to Renee, I realized that a new website would be a better plan.

The website cost about $2,000. Since March, I’ve been paying $29 each month for hosting.

We first started talking in December 2019. The project got started in January 2020, and we wrapped everything up in March. However, they’re still providing some updates and tweaks.

I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from friends, family, and clients. It hasn’t driven as much business at this point, but I can’t fault them for that because of the COVID-19 restrictions. I’ve gotten more clicks and views on the website though.

How did True North Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They set realistic expectations with their timelines. The team was very responsive to texts, phone calls, and emails. Tasks were also executed quickly.

The way that they got to know my company and goals was impressive. I like to work with vendors who are excited about my company. It was also helpful that they’re located in the same area as I am.

I can’t really think of anything.

Knowing what you want before you go into the project is helpful. I didn’t have a good idea of what I was looking for. However, Renee was helpful and came up with a lot of great ideas.

Web Dev/Design & SEO for Full Service Auto Repair Shop

"From March of 2019 to April 2019, our traffic increased by 267%."

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

True North Technologies provided web development and local SEO services for a full-service body shop.

Steph Terry
Marketing Director, Morrow Collision Center

True North Technologies’ efforts were met with high praise and appreciation. The site meets all client need and allows for easy customization. The team was both technically savvy and business-minded. Customers can expect an affordable service from a responsive vendor.

I’m the marketing director at a full-service body shop. We do auto repair, collision repair, and auto detailing.

What challenge were you trying to address with True North Technologies?

We were opening up a new location and needed a new website.

They created our website. Initially, we had a friend create our site, but soon found there was no way to create any changes or edits. True North came in, and made the new site easy and user-friendly, so now we can create our own edits.

I did the majority of the content, including photos, editing, and writing. They helped with the visuals and local SEO.

I worked with Renee (Owner) and Dylan (Intern).

How did you come to work with True North Technologies?

I do a lot of networking through the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce. I met Renee there and we hit it off. The fact that I could make easy edits to the site had me hooked.

We’ve invested $2,500 – $3,000.

We began working together in September 2019, and our engagement is ongoing.

What’s really nice about the site is that it gives me monthly stats and emails me directly. My previous website wasn’t tracking anything. From March of 2019 to April 2019, our traffic increased by 267%, our paid views by 401%, and our click-to-call metrics by 933%. In just a month, the difference was really significant.

How did True North Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They were awesome. Dylan was really technical and Renee understood what we needed from a business perspective. Together, they gave me a perfect, well-rounded experience.

They’re extremely affordable. They’re good for small businesses that want a visually appealing, customizable site.

No, I don’t think so.

My advice is to think about what your vision is and explaining it verbally. Be as detailed and descriptive as you can get. Everyone has the right to get what they want for a paid service, and True North did a great job of hearing my opinion and edits on things.

Mobile App Dev for Non-Profit Home Builder

I can trust Renee and her company to do what’s best for us.”

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

True North Technologies built iOS and Android apps for a local Habitat for Humanity group. They integrated the client’s loyalty program and included functionalities for donating, volunteering, and e-commerce.

Josh Hanshaw
CEO, Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln

The engagement with True North Technologies has been seamless. They delivered a promising solution that’s intuitive in its navigation. The team lead went above and beyond in handling communications with app stores, in readying the product for launch. They’re a professional and efficient team.

I’m the CEO of Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln. We’re a nonprofit home-builder and affordable mortgage lender.

What challenge were you trying to address with True North Technologies?

We decided to create a mobile app version of our retail store. We wanted to increase customer engagement by granting them easier access to our offerings, like our loyalty program.

They built iOS and Android apps that allow our customers and donors to interact with us in whatever way fits them best. The platform is integrated with our new loyalty program that replaced our legacy punch-card system.

Additionally, the app has three main aspects: donations, shopping, and volunteering. It allows users to schedule donation pickups and sign up to be a volunteer. They built an administrative backend where we can make updates and adjustments.

Renee (Owner) was my primary point of contact. I believe another designer was involved.

How did you come to work with True North Technologies?

I know the owner of True North Technologies from a networking group. We started discussing our needs, and it quickly became apparent that the product they offer — a mobile app — would be a good fit for our store. They came at a competitive price point, and we knew that they’d deliver a solid solution.

We’ve spent less than $5,000. There may be additional fees as provide maintenance.

App development began in March 2019, and it’s an ongoing partnership.

We haven’t launched the app yet, but the product looks very promising. I think it’ll be just what we need. The interface they designed is very intuitive from an administrative standpoint, which I appreciate.

True North Technologies have been great to work with. In communicating with Apple to register our app as that of a nonprofit, Renee was extremely helpful in navigating all the correspondence. She created a great step-by-step process and even called Apple directly on my behalf.

How did True North Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication has been easy. We mostly talk via email, but Renee calls when its needed. They adhered to deadlines and kept us on track. My experience has been very positive on this front.

I appreciate the personal relationship we’ve built during our partnership. I can trust Renee and her company to do what’s best for us, as their client.

No, not really. I can’t think of anything.

I think their services are a good investment. This project has been positive for us.

Web Dev for Chiropractic Firm

"Anytime that I had questions or changes, they were diligent about helping me understand their process."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

True North Technologies guided a chiropractor through the processes of building a simple website that enables customers to book appointments with ease. They're responsible for its continued maintenance.

Molly Tillman
Owner, Rooted In Wellness Chiropractic

External users are impressed with the streamlined quality of the site, indicating that it accurately tells a brand story. The team provided a clear, effective timeline at the start of the project that kept progress moving smoothly. Their expertise and willingness to teach benefitted the engagement.

I’m the owner of chiropractic, so I deal with all things chiropractic and health-related. I don’t have anyone working for me— it’s just me running the show.

What challenge were you trying to address with True North Technologies?

I started my business in February 2020 and needed a website.

I don’t have experience with building websites, so I let their team lead the way on this project. They enabled online scheduling, creating a calendar that allowed people to schedule appointments through the site.

There’s also a map that shows where I’m located and a section for reviews and testimonials. It’s a no-frills website that showcases my beliefs and how I can help clients. At this point, the site is complete. She maintains it and has recently started helping me gain visibility online through local SEO.

I worked with Renee (Owner) and another teammate.

How did you come to work with True North Technologies?

I ran into Renee several times at a networking event, and we started talking. When I started my business, I was planning on making my own website and quickly realized that I wouldn’t be able to devote the time and energy to it. I remembered meeting Renee, so I called her and asked for her help with this project.

I’ve spent about $1,500 on her work.

We started working together in December 2019, and she currently upkeeps our site and handles local SEO work.

I love the final website. In the process of building my platform, I showed them several other chiropractic sites that I liked. They based the look and feel around that content and were spot-on with the completed product.

People often comment on how clean and streamlined the site is, indicating that they were able to create a brand storyline. Her company sends me statistics each month that detail the numbers of visitors and clicks to the site.

How did True North Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

After our initial face-to-face meeting, she sent me a detailed timeline of their process for completing my site. It was clearly broken down into five weeks, with each week having different information they would need for me. It was nice to see that laid out. We were in constant communication throughout the development process as well. There was never a time that I had to wonder about the status of the site.

I’ve also received information on how to edit the site as well. That will allow me to start up my blog in the future. I was super impressed with the organization and communication. They always got back to me within hours.

Their customer service really stands out. Anytime that I had questions or changes, they were diligent about helping me understand their process. I was always assured that they had my back. Their work is fabulous as well, but their customer service is where they really shine.

No, I don’t have any constructive feedback.

Take time to expose yourself to their industry. It will benefit you to properly understand the metrics and take full advantage of their offerings.