Video streaming platforms | E-Learning systems

Trembit is a full-service software development company located in Kiev, Ukraine.

We focus on the development of complex Video Streaming and E-Learning systems.

Trembit works with established businesses and startups from the Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Norway and USA in the e-commerce, media&entertainment, healthcare and sales&marketing sectors.

We have PMO office, ready to work by fix price model and continuous delivery approach.

Also, we create dedicated teams for customers.

Our team is 35 full-time employees working from our main office in Kiev.

Trembit technical expertise:

• Sales&Marketing

Kiev, Ukraine

Learnster.se, Cogmed.com, AppsFlyer.com, Nezasa.com

Ongoing Python & Angular Dev for E-Learning Company

"We’re very impressed with their competence, culture, and how they’re supporting us."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Stepping in after a previous vendor failed to deliver, Trembit uses Python and Angular technologies to further develop, redesign, improve, and support an e-learning platform using a Scrum methodology.

Stockholm, Sweden
Aaron Castaneda
Product Manager, Learnster

Their proactive team gets things done as if it were their own project, consistently delivering high-quality outputs. Trembit’s handy suggestions, adaptability, and customer-oriented approach stand out, but what really differentiates them is their ability to deeply understand business needs.

I’m the product manager of a Stockholm-based startup called Learnster, a next-generation learning platform. We’re developing it for a number of clients and we’re working with course administration, e-learning, and such.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trembit?

Since we’re a startup, we didn’t have the resources to hire our own staff, so we decided to hire outsourced developers.

Trembit took over from another agency in Kiev that was supporting us. They’re helping us with the development and programming of our solutions, using the Python and Angular programming languages.

I believe we’re working with 6–7 people from their team. We’re very open and communicate well with them. We have scrum meetings every morning and we follow up on Slack.

How did you come to work with Trembit?

We were facing a lot of problems with our development agency at the time, so our CTO introduced us to Trembit. He had worked with them before and said he had an excellent experience. We also received valuable information from other startups saying that there were talented and competent developers in Ukraine. The country was also quite close to our time zone, so we decided to hand over the work to them.

I don’t have the exact figures, but I estimate the total is between $60,000–$70,000 or more.

We started working with them in December 2017. The platform was in place at the start of our collaboration, but we’ve redesigned it and improved its coding with Trembit. The new version was launched in August or September of 2018.

Their diligent team takes action and ownership of their work and resolves issues quickly even during off-hours, which has led to high-quality solutions. Our CTO considers their coding work solid. Furthermore, they’re proactive in proposing alternatives to our ideas and at coming up with technical solutions.

Right now, they’re very adaptive to the way we’re working, especially since we’re a startup and we don’t have a lot of structure in place. They’ve let us know that we still need to create a lot of basic functionalities for our solution, but are also aware that we will tackle that in the future.

Also, their problem solving is amazing. We haven’t experienced too many bugs, but this is also due to designing and producing some good specs on our side.

How did Trembit perform from a project management standpoint?

First of all, they have great English skills, so we can communicate easily. Secondly, the team assigned to us is quite service-oriented. We’re very open with them and I think they feel like a part of the team. We try to take care of them as if they were our own personnel.

They understand both the customer and the business, which is something that’s hard to find in a developer. The previous vendor worked with code well but didn’t understand us when we tried to explain some concepts and interface solutions.

Trembit, on the other hand, understood us completely and knew exactly what to do. Even though our specs aren’t complete, Trembit is asking the right questions. They think about the logical process and how things should be for end users and administrators, which is fantastic for me.

I don’t have improvements to mention at the moment. So far, Trembit has been great to work with. They provide good coding, collaboration, support, and understanding. I don’t know how they’d work in a more structured environment, with more processes and deadlines.

Explain the business and its solution in detail. Spend some time with their team in order to create a good relationship. They work in a remote location, but we’ve visited them. It’s important to create a good relationship and learn who is who and how they work.

Another recommendation is to make them part of the team. They are devoted to us, and in turn, we involve them in the production of our platform. They’re proud to be part of the technical ideas within our company. Being a part of it benefits their development, ideas, and makes them feel that they’re taking part in something great.

They deliver good quality on time, but they could learn to say no or negotiate deadlines better.
    They’re not cheap, but we’re getting a lot of value for the money we’re paying.
    This rating is based on their business understanding and high level of service and support, as well as code quality.
    There are always recommendations being passed between startups, and I believe we’ve already referred them.

Salesforce Integration and Development

“I’ve kept coming back to Trembit because everything was done well.”

May 2014 - Ongoing

Trembit developed and currently maintains optimization of Salesforce and Flash integration that has increased customer loyalty and satisfaction.

11- 50 Employees

CEO, Computer Software Company

Consistency is Trembit’s speciality. They communicate regularly, and their attentiveness allows them to deliver client-approved products even under harsh deadlines.

I am the founder and CEO of a Salesforce add-on. It is a rich, deep application that rewrites the entire CRM experience and its value.

What challenge were you trying to address with Trembit?

I have been using them for client customizations and improvements to the product. I outsource all development, and was having trouble finding the right skills and knowledge of Flash and Salesforce.com. Trembit was knowledgeable and competent in both.

Trembit became my primary vendor after integrating the work of my previous one. They have created an interesting organizational charting tool for salespeople and a marketing tool with both geographic and vertical market information.

They have also improved the performance of the tool and added new sections of code that have allowed me to increase the feature-set over the years.

I’ve worked with 1-4 people from Trembit’s team at any given time and they work independently. I simply present a spec, ask for it to be completed by a certain time, then Trembit figures out the resourcing. Stanislav Zayarsky [CEO, Trembit] is my main point of contact, and we communicate once every 1-2 months following the constant communication period in the beginning.

How did you come to work with Trembit?

I was considering multiple vendors. I typically give people small tasks, and, if they go well, I give them more and bigger work. Out of the ones I tested out, Trembit was a clear and easy choice. It’s been smooth sailing given that I’ve done this for years.

How much have you invested with Trembit?

The cost of their work has been tens of thousands of dollars.

I started working with Trembit 3-4 years ago.

I wait for clients to come up with ideas instead of relying on IT, then we find a way to bring those ideas to a form that can be operationalized within our system. For me to give Trembit credit for client ideas would not be correct, but they have successfully executed a great number of projects.

Client satisfaction is important to me, so, if the vendor isn’t getting me there, I will be on the prowl for someone new. I’ve kept coming back to Trembit because everything was done well, from client satisfaction to client elation.

How did Trembit perform from a project management standpoint?

This is software, so there is always room for improvement in terms of project management. Every time we take on a project, we want it to go wonderfully, when, in fact, there are countless questions around how code is created. Do we do the brute force approach, or do we come up with something elegant? How do we make our choices when the client requires the work in a ridiculous timeframe?

I’ve done a ton of projects with Trembit, and sometimes I’ve been frustrated, but mostly, things went smoothly and they delivered what I needed on time. When we found bugs (and there are always bugs), they were attentive in working with me to make sure they were eliminated. As a result, I’ve had clients who've stuck with me for 6 or more years.

They’ve been generally responsive, and the projects we’ve worked on have been consistently completed on time. We primarily communicate through Skype and Atlassian’s JIRA.

What did you find most impressive about Trembit?

Their skills have really impressed me at times. The team has achieved things in hours that I thought would take days. This doesn’t happen frequently, but, in terms of exceptionalism, there have been times when Trembit quickly came up with some great solutions.

Are there any areas Trembit could improve?

I can talk to Stanislav [CEO, Trembit] about any area of improvement and he addresses it quickly.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Trembit?

As with any good project, the client should try to document what it is they’re asking for. They should make sure they have milestones in place so Trembit can deliver as they’re dealing with new work. This isn’t specific to them, but it makes for good management with any new vendor.

Overall Score We’ve worked on numerous projects, but everything didn’t go smoothly.
    There were some challenges.
    I don’t think they have disappointed me.
    I hate to give absolute 5s, but Trembit deserves it.