We strategize, design and develop innovative apps

GOLD VERIFIED

We are a product design company. We are a team of UI/UX designers, product designers, full-stack developers, and ex-founders of companies, each rigorously hand-picked for the qualities that contribute most to product success. Together, we build web and mobile apps that solve our clients’ problems in the most multidisciplinary and innovative ways possible.

We expect everyone on our team that touches your project to bring elite craftmanship and become a trusted partner that helps you make product decisions that lead to business growth.

Irvine, CA
  • 1691 Kettering St
    Irvine, CA 92614
  • 304 S. Jones. Blvd, #372
    Las Vegas, NV 89107

Tygon Lyte Mobile App  Image

Tygon Lyte Mobile App

Topflight was approaced by TYGON Lyte to create a modern UX/UI design for an app. Through continued collaboration with the internal team to create a usable medical app.

Betmingo Mobile App Image

Betmingo Mobile App

BETMINGO approached Topflight Apps to create an app that could locate the nearest gambling games for users. The app integrates GPS technology and soils data to ensure that no user information is stored on servers. Topflight worked to effectively scale the app to millions of users.

Medable Web and Mobile Apps Image

Medable Web and Mobile Apps

Medable contacted Topflight to build an app that could log user health data to improve medical research and bring trials to patients sooner. Topflight integrated GPS tracking to include environmental factors to contextualize medical symptoms. Topflight also worked with a company to analyze and compile data from the trials to visualize on a desktop. Today, over 750,000 patients use the platform.

Smarter Symptom Tracker Mobile App Image

Smarter Symptom Tracker Mobile App

Topflight was approached by the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Center of San Francisco. The app allows patients to input data for their doctors to view and analyze. Topflight complied with HIPAA guidelines by including data encryption throughout the app.

Smarter Symptom Tracker Case Study Video

Gabe Punsalan is a senior CRNA at the UCLA Medical Center. He had an idea for an app where gambling enthusiasts can find the perfect table game in Las Vegas with real timetable information like minimum bets, rules, jackpots and more. As a medical professional he didn’t have much free time, so he reached out to Topflight Apps to help. The challenge for Topflight was to create a platform that could be easily scaled to

many users at short notice as well as protect user information from being stolen by possible hackers. They used framework supported by Google to support millions of users and encrypted user data with 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard to prevent theft. Working with Topflight allowed Gabe to focus his time on talking to customers, casinos and funders, while they handled the app development.
Mobile App Development for Stanford Image

Mobile App Development for Stanford

Standford University’s School of Medicine needed an app to collect data and provide feedback to participants in a study called iFaint. The participants will be using a wearable device to track their heart rate, which will be saved through the app by using Healthkit and Google Fit, for iOS and Android, respectively. Topflight needed to implement custom integration with Apple’s Healthkit and Google’s Fit to be able to

read real-time data from the phone. Another challenge was implementing geolocation services on the Apple and Google operating systems to track when participants were near a hospital. The Topflight team successfully facilitated regular meetings with the Medable platform development team and the Stanford medical team during the development of the project. At the end of the 3 month project, Topflight delivered a fully functional app that met all the study requirements and currently remain in close collaboration with the team behind the study to provide ongoing support for any issues and further iterations based on user feedback.

iFaint Walkthrough Video

Brain Games for Cleveland Clinic Image

Brain Games for Cleveland Clinic

Ava Progressive Web App - Mental Health Feedback by AI  Image

Ava Progressive Web App - Mental Health Feedback by AI

App Development for Kitchen Wizard

Kitchen Wizard gives users recipes that fit their lifestyle using what they have in their kitchen. While the idea was great on paper, the team hadn’t set up the application’s administrative systems well enough and became stuck with a product that didn’t work as intended due to design, content, and development bottlenecks. When Topflight Apps was hired by Kitchen Wizard, they inherited a half built and half designed

application, and much of the app would need to change. The challenge for Topflight Apps was to refactor and rewrite the old code in favor of building code that was more up to date. As a result of the 7 month project, Kitchen Wizard was nominated by BuzzFeed as a top kitchen app, retention increased from 2% to 10%, content increased from 500 recipes to 70,000 recipes, reliability improved to 99.6% crash free, speed increased from 12 second load time to 1.9 seconds for recipes, AND Kitchen Wizard secured partnerships with 103 blogging websites, 1 grocery store and a hospital. Wow!

Web Dev for Online Wellness Building Platform

"Topflight Apps provides quality work and communicates exceptionally well."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Topflight Apps provided full stack development services to establish a new website for an online wellness company. The team built pages, designed the UX/UI, and integrated existing content into the platform.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Chad Cole
Founder, Habitap

Topflight Apps delivered a stable website that operates efficiently and generates positive feedback from internal and external stakeholders. The team provided sufficient resources to resolve challenges rapidly. They facilitated collaboration to encourage product improvements and ongoing engagement.

I own an online company that helps our clients build sustainable, healthy habits over the course of a 10-week challenge.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We worked with a web development company to build our first website, which was abysmal. The provider didn’t charge that much but promised a lot. We learned from our mistake and decided to pay more to get a top-notch product from a top-notch team.

Topflight Apps developed the second rendition of our website. Their team built us a new site from scratch—from the landing page to the backend of the UX. We used content from the previous site, but other than that, we started the project from the beginning with Topflight App. We had an idea of what we wanted to achieve with our website. They listened and collaborated, suggesting ideas to enhance our original idea.

Depending on the stage of development, we worked with different people. We collaborated with a designer who put together a nonfunctioning website for us to visualize the end product. Then, he passed the project on to two web developers. We also always had a project manager who oversaw the developers.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

We found Topflight Apps on Clutch. We put in keywords but didn’t know anything about web development or the expertise that the job required. I put keywords into Google and found a Clutch page that listed the top 50 web developers. I compared the prices of a few different agencies and went with an agency that promised a lot but charged little initially. Topflight Apps kept in touch and asked about our specific programs. That showed that their team cared about our product, so I connected with them.

With Topflight Apps, we spent $50,000.

We started our communications in October 2019 and their team completed the project in January 2020. We’re going to continue developing our website with Topflight Apps.

We had more people sign-up for our current challenge than the total number of people who signed-up all of last year’s challenges combined. That’s a combination of efforts including Topflight Apps'. All of last year, our clients hated the website. The first website never functioned as expected, so we talked with our developers constantly. With the website that Topflight Apps built, we only hear rave reviews. We haven’t had any complaints about functionality, so they did an amazing job.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated via email but also had a weekly video conference. They dedicated a project manager who was with me the whole time. There was another person who oversaw him, so if there were any issues, management stepped in and handled everything quickly.

Topflight Apps provides quality work and communicates exceptionally well. Those are their top two qualities, which I care about most. They’re also innovative. Their team wanted to brainstorm in order to build a product that brought their knowledge and our vision together.

The onboarding process could’ve been better because I wanted to know more about what to expect. I was stuck in limbo waiting for them to talk to me about our next steps.

I would over-communicate your ideas and goals. At the end of the day, if they don’t know what you want, it’s hard to make that happen. If they know your vision, they can bring it to life.

App Development for App-Based Rewards Program

“Topflight Apps went above and beyond to deliver a fantastic product.”

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Topflight Apps developed a mobile app and website for an app-based rewards program for businesses. The team built both an iOS and Android version of the app and built the site in React.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Dave Avne
Founder, appyperks

While the development is ongoing, thus far the app has met the expectations of the internal team, passing all tests. Topflight Apps establishes a smooth workflow to ensure effective communication between teams. The team is hard-working, creative, and collaborative.

I am the president and founder of appyperks, an app-based rewards program for business. The free app allows users to spin a prize wheel from multiple businesses and win whatever perk the business has agreed to, whether that’s 10% off or a free coffee. Businesses can sign up for free for 30 days and after that only have to pay when a user visits their profile and spends their perks.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We needed a development partner for our app and website.

Topflight Apps developed both native iOS and Android versions of the app. Their team built the apps from scratch, writing their own code. The app allows businesses to sign in and create an admin profile so they can create campaigns for users to see.

They are also developing our website in React. While the designs have been completed, the content has not been uploaded yet. Their team is currently finishing up QA on the app.

I know there were quite a few people working behind the scenes but I was in constant communication with three people, Joe (Founder, Topflight Apps), Joshua (UI/UX Designer, Topflight Apps), and Francesco (iOS and React Developer, Topflight Apps).

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

I researched app development companies online, exclusively using Clutch because I wanted to make sure I had a good fit for my budget and project. After reading their reviews, I decided to work with Topflight Apps.

We have invested about $150,000.

Our ongoing engagement with Topflight Apps began in December 2018.

I consistently check the app in real-time, going in from the business admin side to create a company and running a campaign to see if it’s functioning properly. Everything has been working and passing all of my tests.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

Everyone at Topflight Apps is excellent. My main point of contact, Francesco, always kept me in the loop about scope creep. He paid attention to everything. We primarily communicated over email, and I would always get a response back within about 20 minutes.

Joe treated us as if we were his only project, which we appreciated. I was also able to meet with Joshua in person since he is local to me.

Topflight Apps went above and beyond to deliver a fantastic product. I wouldn’t even call it an MVP because I didn’t want to bring something to businesses that was only half working. They kept me on track, letting me know when features weren’t needed and when I needed to expand my original vision. We’re going to have a second development phase and we plan on working with Topflight Apps for that too.

No, we had a great experience. They weren’t the biggest development company, but those companies would have cost much more and it wouldn’t have resulted in a better project.

Have a good idea of what you really want to do ahead of time. I came to them with a 25 slide deck, so we had a good head start. Know what you want instead of depending on them to figure it out for you.

Overall Score They’re easy to work with and communicative.
    Anytime things have been slowed down, it’s been on our end.
    They’ve given us everything we asked for.
    We plan on continuing to work with them.

App Development for Healthcare Startup

“Their team was organized and communicative, keeping us updated on project progress.”

May 2018 - Feb. 2019

Topflight Apps built a cross-platform app, following general requirements. They did both design and dev, equipping the app with Bluetooth functionality to allow it to interact with a piece of medical hardware.

Orange County, California
Shaul Yehezkel
CEO, Tygon

Topflight Apps is highly rated and does good work. Although they’re a bit spendy, they built an app that meets expectations and functions well. The entire team is honest and dedicated, delivering exactly what they promised.

I’m the CEO of Tygon, a company that designs a consumer electronic health product that has both hardware and software.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We needed a partner to develop our app.

Topflight Apps built a cross-platform app, with the primary focus being on an iOS platform. We have plans to transfer it to an Android platform soon. We provided them with the app’s overall functionality and a basic color scheme. From there, Topflight Apps did both design and dev, including UX. The app has Bluetooth capability to allow it to control the hardware device and monitor its temperature, wireless charging, and other functions. It’s currently being field tested.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

We found them through an online search. They were highly reviewed, so we hired them.

We spent about $30,000.

The partnership lasted from May 2018–February 2019.

We haven’t run any official tests yet, but I’ve done my own testing, and the app works well.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re honest and stand by their word. They communicated extremely well and were able to execute my vision perfectly.

The engagement could’ve been a bit shorter, but it wasn’t anything too terrible.

Give them as much information as possible at the beginning of the engagement to make it a smooth partnership.

Overall Score They’re easy to work with.
    The second phase took longer than expected, but everything else went smoothly.
    We paid a hefty amount, but the app is good quality.
    The app does exactly what we want and doesn’t have any glitches.
    I'd highly recommend them.

App Development for Gambling Tech Startup

“They understand my vision and are working hard to make it a reality.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Topflight Apps developed a complex app for iOS and Android devices. The platform is a crowdsourced user database of updated gambling information for table games in casinos. They also built a WordPress website.

Orange County, California
Gabriel Punsalan
CEO & Co-Founder, Xennial Corporation

Topflight Apps demonstrates expert-level design and development capabilities. They’ve nearly completed a complex platform that consists of a robust database, GPS technology, and comprehensive analytic software. Their founder leads a motivated and talented team that overcomes project challenges.

I’m the CEO and co-founder of Xennial Corporation. We’re creating an app called Betmingo.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

I had an idea for an application but needed an experienced firm to guide me through the development process.

I approached Topflight Apps with some basic wireframes of the app I wanted to build. They designed the frontend interface and coded the platform using React Native and Firebase. That approach enables the app to function on both iOS and Android devices. They also built the app’s accompanying website using WordPress.

At its core, the app is a crowdsourced user database that allows people to input data regarding specific data points. The software lists up-to-date information regarding gambling and gaming tables. Those listings include betting minimums, table rules, and locations.

The system has multiple layers of functionality including data input restrictions (location verification) to maintain the accuracy of the database. Our backend uses analytic processes to track user data. That helps us identify priority users and augment our advertisement monetization accordingly.

Joe (Founder, Topflight Apps) is our primary point of contact. We also interact with a UI/UX designer, a QA resources, a project manager, and two developers.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

I found them by searching for vendors on Clutch.co. They were one of the only providers to respond to my inquiry after learning about the project’s size. We established email communication and went from there. Joe was pleasant to talk with and provided a detailed explanation of their development process.

We’ve spent roughly $25,000–$50,000.

We started working together in September 2018, and the project is ongoing.

Topflight Apps built a high-quality mobile platform in an impressively short amount of time. The apps will launch once we upload everything to mobile storefronts. Their pricing estimates are fair, and the proposed timelines have been accurate.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

I communicate with the team on a daily basis via Slack. They initiate weekly or biweekly sprints that we track through Trello. This is my first experience working with a development firm, but it’s been a reasonably smooth process thus far.

I have no app development experience, but they’ve been able to guide me through the process and communicate effectively. They understand my vision and are working hard to make it a reality.

No. I can’t think of any meaningful criticism.

Coming to them with a detailed pitch accelerated the project. They used the wireframes I provided to assign the correct resources and calculate a reasonable price.

I’m happy with the work they provide.
    I’ve already referred them to other people.

App Development for Medical Researcher

“They’re fluid and dynamic and quick to respond to my needs.”

July - Dec. 2018

Topflight Apps developed an application for iOS and Android that helps patients monitor their health using a dashboard. The app also features a geolocator and can be used in collaboration with wearable devices.

California
James Quinn
Professor of Emergency Medicine, Educational Institution

Topflight Apps excelled in delivering a highly customized app that evokes positive feedback for its user-friendly interface. The team offered flawless service and a high-quality product, bringing strong customer satisfaction. They’re friendly, accountable experts in supplying a tailor-made solution.

I’m a professor of emergency medicine at an educational institution.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

I needed someone to develop my app idea.

They developed my app for iOS and Android for a new research field I was doing, as well as the patient dashboard. After they fainted, patients would enroll themselves in this study. It gives the patient a dashboard and user-friendly interface to work within the app as opposed to just answering surveys and putting in data like the prior company had done. They built a geolocator as well.

I’ve focused on iOS to start with, and I just launched the app. The wearables with Apple and the iOS version are much more integrated than with Google Fit, so it made more sense to put the effort into iOS. Although they did a similar Android platform, I haven’t launched on the Android site yet.

They also produced a professional grade video for me and did a great job on that.

My main contacts were with their developer/project manager and their founder. I’m sure there were other people doing the testing.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

I started this project with another company but I needed someone who was able to better customize my app. They recommended working with Topflight Apps.

I’ve spent $25,000–$50,000.

We worked together from July–December 2018.

They really did a great job making the UI and the customization of the app optimal for me. I’ve had good feedback from users about the dashboard.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been great to work with. They’re timely, and I’m happy with the end result. It’s been seamless. If I have questions, I email the project manager, and he gets right back to me. We had frequent conference calls to make sure the project was moving along or to clarify emails.

They’re incredibly personable and on top of their work. They’re fluid and dynamic and quick to respond to my needs.

No, I can't name anything.

They’re responsive and completed everything in a timely fashion.
    I was shocked at the cost but talking to some other people in the industry, they’re very reasonable.

AI Software Development for Behavioral Analytics Software Company

“They went above and beyond to deliver a product that exceeded expectations."

July 2017 - Ongoing

Topflight Apps developed an AI software, using technologies such as MySQL, Laravel, and React.

Fishkill, New York
CEO, Athcorp

Topflight Apps developed a robust web-based platform that's accessible on all devices. In addition to delivering exceptional work, their team is extremely proactive about meeting customer needs and working efficiently.

I'm the CEO of Athcorpo, a behavioral-based analytic software provider for government and private entities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We needed help with the development of our AI software and making it accessible on all digital devices.

Topflight Apps walked us through a discovery phased initially, asking our team questions and developing mockups for the UI. They then created the UX and developed a progressive web application, using technologies such as MySQL, Laravel, and React.

We work with 9–10 developers and designers, as well as Joe (Founder, Topflight Apps).

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

We met one of their developers and started a rapport that eventually evolved into a partnership. We were sold on working with them mostly for that fact that they had won a design award for another web-based platform.

We've invested over $120,000 thus far.

We've been working with them since July 2017 and plan to only work with them on any further iterations needed.

We're very happy with the product Topflight Apps developed for us overall. They went above and beyond to deliver a product that exceeded expectations. Thanks to some of their design efforts, we were recently picked up by a business incubator and will make our products available in their catalog.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very efficient with their time, operating in two-week sprints.

Their willingness to do whatever it takes to make the product works sets them apart.

No, I can't think of anything.

Listen to their advice–they know what they're doing and are exceptionally professional.

Overall Score We're very happy with our relationship and plan to continue working with them in the long term.
    They're always on time, engaged, and show up to meetings with valuable input.
    If we had hired a locally based company, the price would've easily doubled.
    They're almost able to read our minds in terms of what we want out of a product.
    I've already recommended them to others.

Web Dev for Medical Equipment Provider

“They took the time to understand our business so the software we’re developing works for our business.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Topflight Apps modified an existing order entry software to make it functional. They updated the version of AngularJS and customized the code to respond to a tree of entries and continue to tweak it.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Rush Agent
Director of Finance, Select Ortho

Topflight Apps successfully brought the software to the point where it could be implemented, providing a unique service in the industry. Users love the new software and make the transition to using it easily. The team is highly receptive to making the needed changes in the implementation phase.

I’m the director of finance at Select Ortho. We dispense durable medical equipment at orthopedic clinics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We were developing new proprietary software for our clinics. A couple of developers started the software, and we were having some issues getting the software up and running.

We are developing an order entry software; the existing software had a lot of rules to walk through. The documentation for healthcare billing requires the system to manage a lot of “ifs” and “ands” based on what item is being dispensed. Topflight Apps worked with the existing code and then updated the code from AngularJS 1 to AngularJS 5 to make it easier to work with. We also needed the code updated so it would handle the tree of entries necessary to be made by the fitter when they enter a particular product and billing code to bill the insurance payers.

We’re in the implementation phase now. They’ve been extremely responsive to adjusting items and addressing issues that we’re having with the code when we interface with an inventory management system. There are issues that you can’t identify when you’re testing. Once it’s onsite and live, there are things that pop up that you never could foresee. That’s been ongoing.

We’ve scheduled a meeting to look at doing the next phase of development.

We work with Nelio (Project Manager, Topflight Apps), one main developer, and Heather (QA Specialist, Topflight Apps).

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

We were referred to Topflight Apps by our backend developer.

We’ve spent about $20,000–$25,000.

We started working together in March 2018 and the work is ongoing.

The fact that we’re up and running is the metric that’s most important to us. It’s a service that we’re able to provide to our clients, which nobody else in the industry can provide.

Our internal fitters are the ones using it right now. They’re generally set in their ways because they have a process that they’ve been using for a few years, so we knew it was going to be challenging to get them to switch over to a completely different process. At the initial location where we rolled it out, the acceptance of what we were doing was almost instantaneous. Employee acceptance of the new process has been absolutely fantastic. We’re really pleased. We’ve now rolled it out at two other sites.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

There’s one person in charge to make sure the project is going forward. We’ve been using Microsoft project management software to track our progress. We have weekly calls to discuss issues and next phases and steps.

They work well with our team. Healthcare billing is especially complex and there’s a lot of documentation, especially dealing with Medicare. They were great at understanding the flow of what we needed and when we needed it and what needed to happen when a particular item was dispensed.

Heather was great at interfacing between our clinical people who were talking in a clinical language and the developers who were talking in a technical language. She meshed those together and understood what needed to be done on our side with documentation and workflow and conveyed exactly how the code needed to look and work to the developers.

They’re responsive to our issues or questions we have. There’s not a lot of lag time between us contacting them and them at least letting us know they’re working on it. The implementation of our requests is normally less than 24 hours.

They understand what we’re trying to accomplish. They are far and above anybody else that we’ve worked with. They took the time to understand our business so the software we’re developing works for our business. It’s been impressive.

No. It’s been a great experience.

Make sure you know what your goal is. It makes the process a lot easier.

Their rates are very reasonable.

Platform Dev for Healthcare Startup Company

“We have developers who provide great support, especially when we have any issues.”

2016 - Ongoing

Using HTML5, JavaScript, and Angular, Topflight Apps helps to develop an e-commerce platform. They worked to develop it within regulations and compliance standards and connected it with the banking system.

Bogotá, Colombia
Co-Founders, Medpike

As a result of Topflight Apps diligent work and expertise, the platform now operates in compliance with financial regulations. The number of users increased, and Topflight helped to innovate the payment plan structure. They excel in delivering excellent project management and communications.

Respondent 1: Initially, we were a startup. We had an app that provided clients with their clinical history.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

R1: We started development with a local firm, but we had troubles with the local providers. We wanted to find a Spanish-speaking project manager because we wanted to reuse the code we already had, and it was difficult to find an agency willing to work with a code developed by someone else.

R2: Even though a development with them was more expensive than with any local company due to the exchange rate, for us, having a local team wasn't easy.

R1: We were looking for new technologies like HTML5, JavaScript, and Angular. Those were tools that we didn't find easily on the local market. We wanted to link with an e-commerce platform. It was a gateway that we had to turn into a local platform under Colombian regulations.

R2: The fact that we needed a site with American compliance, which is something local developers are not familiar with, made working with them a great option.

R1: There were three developers as project managers working exclusively with us, and they had a bigger team working with them behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

R1: At a health conference in Silicon Valley, I met someone working on technologies applied to health who had worked with Topflight before. We trusted their recommendation.

Topflight sent us their portfolio, and we saw they had similar projects to what we were looking to do so they were a good fit for us.

R1: We’ve invested around $28,000–$38,000 with them so far.

R2: We started working together at the beginning of 2016 and we continue to work with them.

R1: We complied with the Colombian financial regulations, which was extremely complex. They helped us innovate our financial health plans; now, instead of paying a monthly fee, doctors can pay per added patient. We connected that with the bank system. I think we were the first ones in Colombia offering anything like that.

We also increased our number of users after the development; we reached more than 700 new users from all over Latin America.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

R1: They met all deadlines. We had the advantage of working in different time zones so we were able to have some developments prepared and ready overnight. They worked even more than we expected.

We used Trello as a project management tool. Most of the previous development was in Spanish, but they were able to understand without any problem.

Having found an agency with a Spanish-speaking project manager made everything easier. The project manager they assigned is excellent. He has fluid communication with us so we are happy working with them.

R1: It’s great for us to have Spanish-speaking developers. We have developers in Mexico who provide great support, especially when we have any issues. Another thing that was great was the code migration; it was exceptionally clear and well explained.

Their project management is also great. We had Skype calls to validate the code in real time.

R1: We would love if they had an office in Bogota; it would be great for us to have them closer to us.

R2: Our long-term relationship implies that things are going well.

UX & App Dev for Babysitting & Petcare App Startup

“TopFlight provides exceptional UX designs and high-quality development work.”

Sep. 2017 - Ongoing

TopFlight designed and developed a cross platform app using React Native, providing additional UX design feedback and testing as needed.

Founder, Babysitting/Petcare Tech Startup

TopFlight's designers and developers provide incredibly creative, high-quality work that exceeds expectations. Although their project management skils could be improved, their proactive approach to projects and ability to provide creative input is second to none.

I'm the founder and CEO of a babysitting and pet care tech startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with TopFlight?

I was looking for a local, creative development company that could help us build our app.

TopFlight designed and developed a cross platform mobile app, using React Native. They incorporated features that allow users to find and trade certain care needs with other users, and provide creative input for ways to improve the app throughout the process.

I work with a few designers and about four developers.

How did you come to work with TopFlight?

I'd been asking around and searching online through sites like UpWork. I believe they reached out to me after seeing my project posted and I ultimately decided to work with them because they could provide local support and I liked the quality of their previous work.

We've invested about $33,000 in their services thus far.

We've been working together since September 2017.

TopFlight provides exceptional UX designs and high-quality development work. It's been refreshing to work with a similarly entrepreneurial company that genuinely cares about the product. They continue to exceed our expectations, providing valuable and creative input on ways we can improve our app.

How did TopFlight perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team's project management has some room for improvement. They could've been more organized in the beginning and mapped out the scope of work better.

Their designers and developers are incredibly creative in regards to coming up with strategies and utilizing the latest technologies available. They're willing to tackle anything I throw their way.

It would help if they could employ better management of the design process when taking over existing designs.

Web App Dev for Online Math Learning Platform

"They are reasonable and do not promise anything over-the-top that your project doesn’t need."

Jan. 2017 - July 2018

Topflight Apps developed a web app to complement an iOS app in order to better serve students, teachers, and parents. The platform includes different learning tracks and the ability to monitor progress.

Portland, Oregon
Don Crawford
Founder, RocketMath

The web app has recently launched and has already developed a following. Topflight Apps offers a skilled team of developers at a reasonable price. Their leadership was accessible and fair—making a point to never over-promise while ensuring that all requirements were met.

I'm the founder of RocketMath. We produce various curricula to help students learn basic math, facts, and information. We have a couple of apps, as well as paper-and-pencil programs that homeschoolers and teachers can access.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We wanted to produce an online game that students could play on various devices in order to practice at school and at home. Further, we wanted to give teachers and parents the ability to monitor progress.

We based the design of the web app off of our existing iOS app. We held several sessions for discussing features, and they helped refine the scope of the project into something that I was able to afford. We gave parents and teachers the ability to track progress, and we added multiple learning tracks—which included more challenging assignments than the basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

We worked closely with their group of developers, but the founder was involved in the beginning stages and later on as necessary.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

They responded to my RFP, and they were clear and responsive. They didn’t try to upsell me on anything. They sought to provide me only with what I needed.

We’ve spent about $50,000.

We began working together in January 2017, and the web app was completed in July 2018.

The web app has been live for about a month, and we are finding that people and schools want to buy it and use it. The fact that it exists and it works and people are buying it is promising.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They provided regular updates, and they were willing to clarify all actions during the development stage. We worked mostly with the developers, but the founder was always available.

We were allowed to work directly with the developers so that the project progressed quickly.

They provide good value for the money. They are reasonable and do not promise anything over-the-top that your project doesn’t need.

Because of some personnel changes, some aspects didn’t go as quickly as we had hoped.
    This is where they really stand out. They were very economical for what we got.
    Their leadership made sure that they delivered on everything they promised.

GOLD VERIFIED