We Exist to Design, Develop, Scale, and Support.

We are a product design company. We are a team of UI/UX designers, product designers, full-stack developers, and ex-founders of companies, each rigorously hand-picked for the qualities that contribute most to product success. Together, we build web and mobile apps that solve our clients’ problems in the most multidisciplinary and innovative ways possible.

We expect everyone on our team that touches your project to bring elite craftmanship and become a trusted partner that helps you make product decisions that lead to business growth.

Laguna Beach, CA

Smarter Symptom Tracker iOS App - Symptom Visualization

Smarter Symptom Tracker iOS App - Symptom Slider

Smarter Symptom Tracker iOS App - Daily Check-In

Web App Dev for Online Math Learning Platform

"They are reasonable and do not promise anything over-the-top that your project doesn’t need."

Jan. 2017 - July 2018

Topflight Apps developed a web app to complement an iOS app in order to better serve students, teachers, and parents. The platform includes different learning tracks and the ability to monitor progress.

Portland, Oregon
Don Crawford
Founder, RocketMath

The web app has recently launched and has already developed a following. Topflight Apps offers a skilled team of developers at a reasonable price. Their leadership was accessible and fair—making a point to never over-promise while ensuring that all requirements were met.

I'm the founder of RocketMath. We produce various curricula to help students learn basic math, facts, and information. We have a couple of apps, as well as paper-and-pencil programs that homeschoolers and teachers can access.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We wanted to produce an online game that students could play on various devices in order to practice at school and at home. Further, we wanted to give teachers and parents the ability to monitor progress.

We based the design of the web app off of our existing iOS app. We held several sessions for discussing features, and they helped refine the scope of the project into something that I was able to afford. We gave parents and teachers the ability to track progress, and we added multiple learning tracks—which included more challenging assignments than the basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

We worked closely with their group of developers, but the founder was involved in the beginning stages and later on as necessary.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

They responded to my RFP, and they were clear and responsive. They didn’t try to upsell me on anything. They sought to provide me only with what I needed.

We’ve spent about $50,000.

We began working together in January 2017, and the web app was completed in July 2018.

The web app has been live for about a month, and we are finding that people and schools want to buy it and use it. The fact that it exists and it works and people are buying it is promising.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They provided regular updates, and they were willing to clarify all actions during the development stage. We worked mostly with the developers, but the founder was always available.

We were allowed to work directly with the developers so that the project progressed quickly.

They provide good value for the money. They are reasonable and do not promise anything over-the-top that your project doesn’t need.

Because of some personnel changes, some aspects didn’t go as quickly as we had hoped.
    This is where they really stand out. They were very economical for what we got.
    Their leadership made sure that they delivered on everything they promised.

Web App Dev for Healthcare Technology Company

"For what I needed, an attractive and clean prototype, they hit it out of the park."

Jan. - Apr. 2018

Topflight Apps developed a prototype of a healthcare management platform, fostering easier doctor and staff communication. Topflight created the code and drew designs for UX/UI on a Laravel platform.

COO, Healthcare Startup

The prototype has helped recruit new clients and is being used as a training tool in the onboarding process. Topflight Apps’ talented designers provided clear timelines and delivered an attractive platform. They diligently followed specifications but also were intuitive enough to offer suggestions.

I am the COO of a healthcare startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We needed a prototype of our web application, both as a proof of concept but also as a tool to demonstrate our capabilities to customers and investors.

They provided the design of the UX and UI. They developed the code base and implemented it. I provided some specifications of wireframes, but they were able to create mockups and work with it end-to-end. The platform is based on Laravel and uses PHP. It allows doctors and their staff to review patient information and provide feedback on the status of patients and what kind of care they may need.

I worked with two developers and a designer. Topflight’s CEO was involved as well but to a lesser extent.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

A colleague of mine connected with them on Upwork or a similar platform. He collected all provider options, and I managed the selection process. They stood out because they are a full-service shop and had a demonstrated emphasis on design and implementation. They also had a familiarity and background with healthcare technology.

We’ve spent between $25,000 and $30,000.

We started working together in January 2018, and the product was delivered in April. The prototype is being used as a training tool to onboard our clients to our systems. We also use it for customer demos and in discussions with investors. The full and functional version is still in development with our in-house team.

In part due to the quality of the prototype, we’ve had between 10–15 customers advance to the contracting phase of our onboarding process.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

Across the board, they were on time. Both developers were talented in terms of content production and quality feature development, but one was a better project manager and communicator than the other. We usually used Google Documents and email to communicate.

They have very talented in-house designers. That was clear in the selection process, and they delivered on their potential.

In terms of the technology stack they used for our project, Laravel/PHP, it’s considered a little outmoded – but this was in part due to budget considerations, and I appreciated them being mindful that our tech spend is limited since we are a small company.

It’s best to pay close attention to striking the right balance of how much you put on yourself versus how much you put on them. At the outset, I would do the wireframes, really map them out, out of concern that they wouldn’t deliver what I wanted if I wasn’t specific. But they were talented and often filled in the gaps I didn’t know where there. Eventually, I gave them more white space to work in. I had to realize that UX is not what I do, it’s what they do, so it’s best to trust them.

They do a clear job of explaining why certain projects will take longer or shorter than I expected.
    Some of the services were more or less expensive than I expected, but it was manageable and worth it.
    For what I needed, an attractive and clean prototype, they knocked it out of the park.

Data Extraction App Dev for Sleep Therapy Center

"They spelled everything out at the beginning, fulfilled every promise, and were honest about the cost."

Sept. 2017 - May 2018

Topflight created an iOS and Android app that sends daily push notifications as a reminder to log symptom severity and treatment progress. Through the app, users also have direct communication with doctors.

Dr. Jamil Alkhoury
Director, TMJ Sleep Therapy Centre

Topflight is markedly more communicative and professional than their competitors. They respond to emails within an hour, are honest and upfront about project costs, fulfill their promises, and work diligently to meet every deadline.

I'm the director and founder of TMJ Sleep Therapy Center of San Francisco.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight?

I wanted to develop an app that would facilitate patient data extraction and help patients connect with their doctors.

Many of my patients desperately needed a way to keep a daily log of their symptoms and connect with their doctors. The chronically ill patients especially feel like society has left them, or that they are a burden, and the app allows them to communicate with a doctor and not be brushed off or pushed around.

Topflight helped me create an iOS and Android app where patients could keep a daily log of their symptoms to substantiate how severe their symptoms are and how much they are progressing. This produces more accurate data and reduces the subjective quality in diagnosis and treatment.

Users receive a daily push notification on their phones at 7:00 pm and input how their treatment is going and the severity of their symptoms on a scale of 0–10. The app keeps an accurate log of how patients are feeling, as opposed to them trying to think back and remember their symptoms from weeks ago. With the information the app collects, we can also collect and compare treatment data from different centers to identify the most effective approaches for certain symptoms.

There were quite a few engineers and developers working behind the scenes. Our main point of contact was the frontend developer, who we spoke with on a weekly basis.

How did you come to work with Topflight?

One of my patients worked with Topflight for his own business. He had a great experience and recommended them to me. This patient actually helped me on the project. I explained to him what I wanted, he wrote a proposal, and he used his existing business relationship to meet with them and help me achieve my business goals.

We’ve spent $25,000–$30,000.

We began working with Topflight September 2017, launched the app on Google Play and the Apple app store a few weeks ago, and have an ongoing relationship for updating the app and adding more features as needed.

Overall, we’ve gotten positive responses and feedback. Even though we launched a few weeks ago, patients have already started downloading and using the app and commenting on how self-explanatory it is; Topflight made it simple and easy for anyone to understand. Our patients that have downloaded the app now use it as their primary form of communication with the office, which has reduced the workload in terms of phone and email.

How did Topflight perform from a project management standpoint?

I have dealt with many contractors in my business career, and Topflight is by far the most professional and responsive I have worked with. They’re prompt, give regular updates, answer emails—our main form of communication—within an hour if not right away, and work incredibly hard to fix any problems.

We had an issue where the app was sending out four push notifications instead of one. I noticed this on Saturday, and by Monday morning they had it back to normal.

They spelled everything out at the beginning, fulfilled every promise, and were honest about the cost. In every other working experience I’ve had with contractors, I’ve been hit with hidden or additional charges. With Topflight, I paid exactly what had been agreed upon.

I would tell them to keep doing exactly what they’re doing. I was very lucky to find them.

Know what you want, put it in writing, make sure you communicate clearly, and don’t second-guess yourself. Topflight is professional and will give you whatever you ask, as long as you’re clear on your needs. Clear communication from the beginning will save a lot of trouble.

UI/UX Website Design for Branding Agency

"They were really easy to work with, which is rare with creative firms, and especially so when you talk about design."

Feb. - Mar. 2018

Topflight Apps developed the UI and UX for a website redesign. Based on pre-existing ideas, they worked through several rounds of edits, and incorporated user feedback, to produce the final version.

EVP, Engagement, Branding Firm

Topflight delivered the product with a short timeframe, under a certain amount of pressure. They were constantly available and prided themselves on their quick response times. They worked well with end-clients in a different time zone and effectively integrated feedback into their creative work.

I’m the EVP of Engagement for a branding firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Topflight Apps?

We were working on a global rebrand for one of our clients, and we needed help with the web design element of our deliverables. We were already working on a new identity, logo, and look and feel, so we decided to reach out for the website design piece.

They helped us with the UX and UI of a new website, for both mobile and desktop. We briefed them on the project, and they immersed themselves in a lot of information, in terms of the brand identity we’d already created. We started out agreeing on what the UX was going to be, going over a couple of different design ideas, and then narrowing it down based on client feedback. They didn’t do any content creation, but that handled all of the visuals for the site.

We mainly dealt with the project lead and a designer.

How did you come to work with Topflight Apps?

I’d known them for about a year, and I was looking for the right project to engage them on. I really liked and connected with the owner, and I wanted to see them in action. This project had a great-sized scope and was in our core competencies, so we went with them. Originally though, we liked how collaborative they were, because that’s how we like to work.

We spent around $10,000.

We worked together from February to March 2018.

They were able to jump in, understand the brand, and deliver the UI and UX in about six weeks, which was really impressive. Especially considering the pressure we were under.

How did Topflight Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

We collaborated via text, email, and video calls, and they were highly communicative, often responding within minutes. The end-client was in a different time zone, but Topflight was really flexible in terms of working and collaborating with us, even if it wasn’t during the typical workday.

They were really easy to work with, which is rare with creative firms, and especially so when you talk about design. They were open to feedback and were very collaborative. In terms of response time, they were able to turn things around really quickly.

If this had been a larger scale project, I would say that should have utilized a project management tool where we could see our progress. For this particular project, it wasn’t needed, since we also had a short turnaround, but on other projects, I would recommend for them to use one if they don’t already.

You need to find someone that has the same kind of work ethic as you, in terms of response times and availability. We’re available to our clients at almost any time, and Topflight made themselves available to us. Having that same perspective, in terms of customer service and experience, is important.

Overall Score It was a small project, but they delivered everything that we needed them to deliver, well.