TV Advertising & Video Production

Toast is a Video Production & TV Advertising agency, established in 2002 and happy to be working in online video production and commercials  for many ambitious clients including Innocent, Aids Alliance, House of Fraser and Cancer Research UK. Toast’s calling card is high production values for reasonable prices along with a service that makes a project run smoothly from beginning to end.

2002

Morgan Stanley

Sanofi

Wired Magazine

Ancestry.com

Cancer Research UK

Innocent Smoothies

Financial Explainer Video - Algomi

Algomi are a Fintech startup based in London. Algomi asked Toast to produce a series of animated explainer videos to detail how their software is shaking up the bond trading market. Toast produced all the 2D animations and handled the VO sessions.

Video Production - Orocobre

Toast produced this video for Orocobre, a lithium miner based in Argentina. The video features drone shots, talking heads, informational graphics and map based graphics. The investor relations video was shown online.

Corporate Films - Unipart

Toast produced a series of corporate films for logistics company Unipart. The films were part of a series looking into the productivity puzzle in UK industry. Toast handled the entire production from script writing stage through to filming and editing. The films were shown online to a great response.

Explainer Video - WIRED Magazine

Shell, working in partnership with WIRED magazine asked Toast to produce a series of animated explainer videos to show how Shell are working to safeguard the world's future energy needs. The videos are a mix of 2D & 3D animation all produced by Toast in London. Toast used the print material originated by WIRED magazine as a basis to design the content of the explainers.

Bahrain Promotional Video

Toast were commissioned by the Bahrain Economic Development Board (BEDB), this promotional video production showcases Bahrain as a thriving country with the happy knack of combining centuries of heritage and trading tradition with a vibrant, welcoming modernity. Toast handled the entire production from script writing to organising the film shoot in Bahrain. All editing and effects were completed by Toast in London. The BEDB will use the promotional video to appeal to startup businesses and individuals as well as attracting international companies who are looking to base their businesses in the Gulf region.

Conference Video Production for Alcohol Company

"…I will always recommend them as my go-to company."

2009 - Jan. 2018

Toast created brand videos for conference presentations. They collaborated on narrative and completed multiple rounds of edits to turn raw footage into the final product.

10,001 + Employees

Northampton, United Kingdom
VP Marketing, Alcohol Company

The videos garnered positive feedback for their emotionally compelling content. Toast’s timeliness and openness to feedback made the collaboration highly effective. They fulfilled all requirements and produced exceptional content within tight timelines. The team was both professional and creative.

I’m the head of marketing for a global brewer’s UK division. We produce a variety of beer brands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Toast?

Toast is our video production partner. They create brand videos for our conference presentations and have completed multiple projects to date.

For each project, I provided Toast with scripts or storyboards, as well as sample material from past advertisements and historical heritage footage. We collaborated to determine the narrative for each video; I provided raw footage, and Toast turned it into a working version. I then reviewed the first version, and they delivered the final product after 2–3 rounds of feedback.

Bob (Creative Director, Toast) was my main point of contact for each video. He brought in a variety of people to work on these projects.

How did you come to work with Toast?

I first collaborated with them when I worked at another company. They created emotionally engaging videos for 300–400-person conference audiences. Based on the positive reception, I decided to contract them for the brewer.

Across multiple roles, my companies have spent about £50,000 (approximately $65,000 USD) on their services.

We started working together in 2009, and our most recent collaboration ended in January 2018.

The videos received positive feedback from internal stakeholders for their powerful content. Our employees now feel differently about the brand and our future.

How did Toast perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve been working with the team on and off for ten years and have completed 5–6 projects with Bob. I’ve even sat next to him in the editing room to work out details and make tweaks. Overall, the Toast team was highly responsive to feedback and easy to work with. They consistently turned around a great product on my tight deadlines. Whenever I want to create a brand video, I always turn to Toast.

I appreciate how collaborative and professional they have been. I tend to have a clear vision for each project and give very detailed feedback. Toast has not only been receptive to my ideas but also has challenged them and proposed alternative approaches.

No, I’ve been very happy with their work.

Give them enough time to complete the whole project, especially for the editing process. In addition, it’s critical to give them the best quality brief in the initial stages, but that’s true of any agency.

Overall Score I've been very pleased with all they’ve done.
    They met every deadline.
    I’ve used them multiple times and always got a good ROI.
    For the quality of the films they made for me, they do good work.
    Even though I’ve only worked with them on one type of project, I will always recommend them as my go-to company.

Animated Explainer Video Production for Software Company

"I haven't seen work from anybody else that made me wish I used a different firm instead."

Feb. 2015 - Mar. 2018

Toast produced a series of five animated explainer videos to be used online and at events. They arranged facility availability, royalty acquisition, voice talent, and other logistics prior to production.

Tim Binnington
Head of Marketing and Communications, Algomi

The videos garnered high praise from employees, clients, and investors alike. Toast followed initial briefs perfectly and crafted a style that is sustainable and applicable to future projects. The team’s organization, transparency, and obvious care for the quality yielded a successful engagement.

I'm the Head of Marketing Communications for Algomi, which is a software provider to the corporate bond trading sections of investment banks, asset managers, and exchanges.

What challenge were you trying to address with Toast?

I needed to develop a series of product and market explainer videos for our website, for our sales team, and for use at exhibitions and events. I needed to find an agency to create a style and handle the entire production process.

At this point, we’ve created five animated explainer videos with Toast. In each case, we start by bringing them a script and working through the particulars. They ask a series of questions to determine our audience, and we discuss scenes, colors, and end client desires. Our objective is to integrate our brand into each video. The videos need to be in complete harmony with our website and resonate with our clientele. Toast’s team was largely responsible for booking recording studios, finding audio samples, selecting voice talent, and securing rights to trademarked content.

We worked with one account manager and a creative director.

How did you come to work with Toast?

Several years ago when I worked at a different firm, we hired Toast for a video project. Although I was not as involved then as I was for these projects, I was impressed with how they worked and carried themselves.

We’ve likely spent about $100,000 in total, so about $20,000 per video. Some of that cost may go toward royalties or facilities, but I cannot say for sure.

We first started working together in February 2015. Our latest video was completed in March 2018.

We’ve received very high praise from people that we value. Investors and attendees at conferences have remarked about the quality of the videos. Our sales team expects top quality, and they have said that they are proud to stand in front of these videos. Further, our viewing figures on Vimeo are holding up very well in the sense that the number of finishes versus the number of starts is a very promising ratio. The original work has held up so well that when we’ve come around to new topics, we found that the language, architecture, and style was sufficiently flexible to be applied, which was exactly the brief we gave them three years ago.

How did Toast perform from a project management standpoint?

They kept us on track in every respect. Very little chasing needed to be done. Projects tend to be delivered on time and on budget.

They listen to the brief and ask thorough questions to learn more about the audience and how the material will be used. They are transparent about expectations for both sides. It is a true collaboration and partnership.

Their customer service is notable, as well. I mentioned in passing that our fifth birthday as a company was coming up, and they made a short animated video for free in a day to two to help us celebrate. That was lovely. It’s nice to be seen as a valuable client.

I have never known them to be late, but it’s the nature of clients in our position to want work to be delivered quicker. I understand why it takes time. However, I accept that quality work has a timeframe, and I do not expect them to work excessive hours to work on something that is not time sensitive.

Overall Score There is no buyer's remorse. I continue to be happy with their work.
    They are an efficient small house.
    They have been flexible and reasonable with their rates.
    I have already recommended them.