TV Advertising & Video Production

Toast is a Video Production & TV Advertising agency, established in 2002 and happy to be working in online video production and commercials  for many ambitious clients including Innocent, Aids Alliance, House of Fraser and Cancer Research UK. Toast’s calling card is high production values for reasonable prices along with a service that makes a project run smoothly from beginning to end.

2002

Morgan Stanley Sanofi Wayfair Furniture Busuu Language Learning App Credit Karma App Wired Magazine Ancestry.com Cancer Research UK  Innocent Smoothies

Wayfair Delivery TV Campaign

Toast produced this TV advertising campaign for online retailer Wayfair. The advert features brand ambassador Lorriane Kelly and shows all the easy ways Wayfair can deliver their products.

Credit Karma TV Advertising Campaign

Credit Karma asked Toast to originate and produce new TV adverts to promote its credit checking App. The two adverts were filmed in one continuous shot in a special studio setup.

Busuu Language Learning App TV Advert

Toast has produced this TV advert for language learning app Busuu.

The advert shows colourful rooms which represent the opportunities available to those who learn new languages. Toast produced UK version plus a suite of versions for other territories.

Explainer Video - WIRED Magazine Image

Explainer Video - WIRED Magazine

Shell, working in partnership with WIRED magazine asked Toast to produce a series of animated explainer videos to show how Shell are working to safeguard the world's future energy needs. The videos are a mix of 2D & 3D animation all produced by Toast in London. Toast used the print material originated by WIRED magazine as a basis to design the content of

the explainers.

Loaf TV Advert

Furniture retailer Loaf asked Toast to produce their first-ever TV advert. The finished advert is a lovely study of what it means to relax on a comfy sofa.

Financial Explainer Video - Algomi Image

Financial Explainer Video - Algomi

Algomi are a Fintech startup based in London. Algomi asked Toast to produce a series of animated explainer videos to detail how their software is shaking up the bond trading market. Toast produced all the 2D animations and handled the VO sessions.

Video Production - Orocobre Image

Video Production - Orocobre

Toast produced this video for Orocobre, a lithium miner based in Argentina. The video features drone shots, talking heads, informational graphics and map based graphics. The investor relations video was shown online.

Corporate Films - Unipart Image

Corporate Films - Unipart

Toast produced a series of corporate films for logistics company Unipart. The films were part of a series looking into the productivity puzzle in UK industry. Toast handled the entire production from script writing stage through to filming and editing. The films were shown online to a great response.

Allplants TV advert

Plant-based food delivery service Allpants asked Toast to develop creative and film their first-ever TV advert. The advert shows all their amazing dishes which are delivered to customers homes.

Bahrain Promotional Video Image

Bahrain Promotional Video

Toast were commissioned by the Bahrain Economic Development Board (BEDB), this promotional video production showcases Bahrain as a thriving country with the happy knack of combining centuries of heritage and trading tradition with a vibrant, welcoming modernity. Toast handled the entire production from script writing to organising the film shoot in Bahrain. All

editing and effects were completed by Toast in London. The BEDB will use the promotional video to appeal to startup businesses and individuals as well as attracting international companies who are looking to base their businesses in the Gulf region.

Video Production for Language Learning App

"They wowed us with their ideas and their ability to deeply understand the needs of our business was impressive."

Dec. 2019 - Mar. 2020

Toast worked with a language learning app to create a TV campaign for a few markets. Helping with the ideation to the production and editing, their team provided an end-to-end service.

London, England
Adon Lawley
Senior Brand Manager, Busuu

The final product amazed the client and was delivered within a tight timeline. The Toast team demonstrated an acute ability to ingrain themselves in the team and work diligently towards the goals set for the project. Though they take a realistic approach, they have strong creativity and talent.

I’m a senior brand manager at Busuu, a language learning app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Toast?

We were looking to launch a TV campaign in a couple of markets.

We hired them to work on the production of our TV campaign. They worked on the creative side. Everything from the idea to the production was managed by them. They took that to storyboard and hired the team of people, from the director to the art directors, stylists, people who did the costumes for the models, actors, and the TV campaign.

It was very collaborative. Initially, we had a rough idea of what we wanted to achieve from a creative standpoint. We had a better idea of what it needed to achieve from a business standpoint. Toast took the business metrics we had in mind and a rough idea for the creative and helped us flesh that out.

They managed our process from end-to-end. Once it was shot during the day, they did the editing and worked with the sound team. They did everything for us in producing the TV ad.

There were four people from their team and there were others they brought on as contractors for the project. The director was a key player. We met him at the pitch stage and he was there through the ideation session and on the shoot day. He was there a little during the post-production as well. He was definitely a representative of Toast and was a real key player throughout. We had a main point of contact as well.

How did you come to work with Toast?

Someone who used to be with our company had 10–12 different production agencies respond to an RFP. We whittled it down to around six that came into pitch. Toast provided the best pitch and idea. We felt they were our best fit.

We spent less than £100,000 pounds (approximately $129,000 USD).

Our engagement ran from December 2019–March 2020.

When we ran the TV campaign for a monthly period in Poland, we were the most downloaded and top-grossing language learning app in the app stores.

How did Toast perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great — communication and their proactiveness stands out. They were always several steps ahead of us. Whenever a decision was made or something important was discussed in the meeting, they always made sure that piece of information or decision was recorded somewhere.

We all were very much aware of the decisions that were made along the way. Nothing fell through the gaps. It was quite a large and complex project with a lot of different stakeholders with a very short timeframe to start production. We pretty much started directly after Christmas and we had to finish in a short timeframe. It was traditional project management and the communication made it really effective. They were very experienced as a team and were great at helping us bring the rough vision that we had to life.

They gave us a first rough edit and it was just at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. We weren’t in lockdown at that point but we started distancing. They were really good at navigating around that challenge and making sure that we were happy with everything. We had a couple of edits before the final creative was approved. They were good and flexible during that process.

We had meetings and pitches with quite a few companies but what stood out with Toast was their creativity. They wowed us with their ideas and their ability to deeply understand the needs of our business was impressive. They quickly got it from both from a creative standpoint, as well as how the business was growing and what we wanted to achieve.

It almost felt like they were a part of the team and had been a part of the team for a while. They didn’t feel like strangers coming to us. They definitely developed that real deep understanding quite quickly. We all quickly built a nice rapport with them. It was a long day of work but we enjoyed their company as much as their expertise. The director they brought on was very experienced.

We were happy with the end result. Given our budget, things had to be thought of quite creatively in terms of how our vision was brought to life. Though there were no negative discussions, there were some times we weren’t necessarily on the same page at the very beginning. It was down to us having big expectations for the budget that we had. They were very realistic and reigned us in on our ambitions so I can’t fault them on that.

Be really clear on your brief and what you’re looking for. They can definitely help you flesh out a brief and help figure things out with you.  They’ll provide advice on best practices and the best way to approach whatever problem you’re trying to solve. They can definitely work magic over a relatively short period of time like they did for us.

Video Production for Fine Arts Museum Event

“Their team really is completely transparent and happy to work with you until you are totally satisfied.”

Dec. 2019 - April 2020

Toast delivered photographs and a video of an event and TEDx talk at the Fine Art Museum of Montreal, helping to capture the speakers and attendants for the client’s website as well as TEDx.

Montréal, Canada
Moridja Kitenge-Banza
Diversity Program Manager, Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal

Although the final product has not yet launched, project stakeholders are very pleased with the results of the project demonstrated so far. Their team is incredibly accommodating and communicative at all times, demonstrating commitment to their client’s satisfaction with the work.

My company is the Fine Art Museum of Montreal, and I am responsible for diversity and togetherness for the museum.

What challenge were you trying to address with Toast?

We were trying to film a professional video about our TEDx talk series in Montreal.

There is a big conference in the Fine Arts Museum of Montreal every year, and the theme this year was about diversity in the city and how we represent that in the collections of the MMFA.

They helped us to film the talks in the event, as well as individuals who attended the conference in order to help us represent the conference on our website and on TEDx site as well.

We worked with about five people from their team.

How did you come to work with Toast?

TEDx Montreal recommended them to us for the collaboration.

We spent about $10,700 in total.

The project kicked off in December 2019 and ended just after the event, which was in February 2020.

We haven’t put the video on our site yet, but we are incredibly pleased with the final product. It is high quality and has received a lot of praise from everyone who has seen it so far.

How did Toast perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is incredibly professional and do a very good job of listening to your feedback and accommodating it completely into their work. They know what they’re doing, so it was a really easy and enjoyable experience to work with them.

Their team really is completely transparent and happy to work with you until you are totally satisfied. I could come to them with any questions or concerns that I had, and they always made sure that I was heard and that those issues were addressed to my satisfaction.

No, they are one of the best companies I have worked with.

Talk to them, because they will always be willing to incorporate whatever you need into what they are providing for you.

Conference Video Production for Alcohol Company

"…I will always recommend them as my go-to company."

2009 - Jan. 2018

Toast created brand videos for conference presentations. They collaborated on narrative and completed multiple rounds of edits to turn raw footage into the final product.

10,001 + Employees

Northampton, United Kingdom
Liam Newton
VP Marketing, Alcohol Company

The videos garnered positive feedback for their emotionally compelling content. Toast’s timeliness and openness to feedback made the collaboration highly effective. They fulfilled all requirements and produced exceptional content within tight timelines. The team was both professional and creative.

I’m the head of marketing for a global brewer’s UK division. We produce a variety of beer brands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Toast?

Toast is our video production partner. They create brand videos for our conference presentations and have completed multiple projects to date.

For each project, I provided Toast with scripts or storyboards, as well as sample material from past advertisements and historical heritage footage. We collaborated to determine the narrative for each video; I provided raw footage, and Toast turned it into a working version. I then reviewed the first version, and they delivered the final product after 2–3 rounds of feedback.

Bob (Creative Director, Toast) was my main point of contact for each video. He brought in a variety of people to work on these projects.

How did you come to work with Toast?

I first collaborated with them when I worked at another company. They created emotionally engaging videos for 300–400-person conference audiences. Based on the positive reception, I decided to contract them for the brewer.

Across multiple roles, my companies have spent about £50,000 (approximately $65,000 USD) on their services.

We started working together in 2009, and our most recent collaboration ended in January 2018.

The videos received positive feedback from internal stakeholders for their powerful content. Our employees now feel differently about the brand and our future.

How did Toast perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve been working with the team on and off for ten years and have completed 5–6 projects with Bob. I’ve even sat next to him in the editing room to work out details and make tweaks. Overall, the Toast team was highly responsive to feedback and easy to work with. They consistently turned around a great product on my tight deadlines. Whenever I want to create a brand video, I always turn to Toast.

I appreciate how collaborative and professional they have been. I tend to have a clear vision for each project and give very detailed feedback. Toast has not only been receptive to my ideas but also has challenged them and proposed alternative approaches.

No, I’ve been very happy with their work.

Give them enough time to complete the whole project, especially for the editing process. In addition, it’s critical to give them the best quality brief in the initial stages, but that’s true of any agency.

Overall Score I've been very pleased with all they’ve done.
    They met every deadline.
    I’ve used them multiple times and always got a good ROI.
    For the quality of the films they made for me, they do good work.
    Even though I’ve only worked with them on one type of project, I will always recommend them as my go-to company.

Animated Explainer Video Production for Software Company

"I haven't seen work from anybody else that made me wish I used a different firm instead."

Feb. 2015 - Mar. 2018

Toast produced a series of five animated explainer videos to be used online and at events. They arranged facility availability, royalty acquisition, voice talent, and other logistics prior to production.

Tim Binnington
Head of Marketing and Communications, Algomi

The videos garnered high praise from employees, clients, and investors alike. Toast followed initial briefs perfectly and crafted a style that is sustainable and applicable to future projects. The team’s organization, transparency, and obvious care for the quality yielded a successful engagement.

I'm the Head of Marketing Communications for Algomi, which is a software provider to the corporate bond trading sections of investment banks, asset managers, and exchanges.

What challenge were you trying to address with Toast?

I needed to develop a series of product and market explainer videos for our website, for our sales team, and for use at exhibitions and events. I needed to find an agency to create a style and handle the entire production process.

At this point, we’ve created five animated explainer videos with Toast. In each case, we start by bringing them a script and working through the particulars. They ask a series of questions to determine our audience, and we discuss scenes, colors, and end client desires. Our objective is to integrate our brand into each video. The videos need to be in complete harmony with our website and resonate with our clientele. Toast’s team was largely responsible for booking recording studios, finding audio samples, selecting voice talent, and securing rights to trademarked content.

We worked with one account manager and a creative director.

How did you come to work with Toast?

Several years ago when I worked at a different firm, we hired Toast for a video project. Although I was not as involved then as I was for these projects, I was impressed with how they worked and carried themselves.

We’ve likely spent about $100,000 in total, so about $20,000 per video. Some of that cost may go toward royalties or facilities, but I cannot say for sure.

We first started working together in February 2015. Our latest video was completed in March 2018.

We’ve received very high praise from people that we value. Investors and attendees at conferences have remarked about the quality of the videos. Our sales team expects top quality, and they have said that they are proud to stand in front of these videos. Further, our viewing figures on Vimeo are holding up very well in the sense that the number of finishes versus the number of starts is a very promising ratio. The original work has held up so well that when we’ve come around to new topics, we found that the language, architecture, and style was sufficiently flexible to be applied, which was exactly the brief we gave them three years ago.

How did Toast perform from a project management standpoint?

They kept us on track in every respect. Very little chasing needed to be done. Projects tend to be delivered on time and on budget.

They listen to the brief and ask thorough questions to learn more about the audience and how the material will be used. They are transparent about expectations for both sides. It is a true collaboration and partnership.

Their customer service is notable, as well. I mentioned in passing that our fifth birthday as a company was coming up, and they made a short animated video for free in a day to two to help us celebrate. That was lovely. It’s nice to be seen as a valuable client.

I have never known them to be late, but it’s the nature of clients in our position to want work to be delivered quicker. I understand why it takes time. However, I accept that quality work has a timeframe, and I do not expect them to work excessive hours to work on something that is not time sensitive.

Overall Score There is no buyer's remorse. I continue to be happy with their work.
    They are an efficient small house.
    They have been flexible and reasonable with their rates.
    I have already recommended them.