Top-Rated WordPress Web Design & Development

Gold

TinyFrog Technologies is a San-Diego-based web agency, specializing in WordPress web design and development, secured hosting and maintenance, and search engine optimization.

Founded in 2003 in San Diego, TinyFrog has built over 1,000 websites, working with almost every industry possible from start-ups to established businesses.

OUR APPROACH

Tiny Frog Technologies pairs a conversion-based approach with top-rated design & development to deliver a website that is not only first class in aesthetics, but more importantly, an effective marketing tool.

We bridge the gap between an individual designer and a large agency. We behave like an agency in terms of our range of specializations & client support, but our pricing is typically much more affordable.

2003
San Diego, CA
  • 4455 Murphy Canyon Road, Ste. 100
    San Diego, CA 92123

Lee & Associates, Sycuan, Cox Communications, Scripps Health, UCSD, Ken Blanchard Companies

Lee & Associates

View Website: https://www.lee-associates.com/

Project Overview: TinyFrog provided all web development work for the new corporate Lee & Associates website, including the build of a custom office search & map.

TinyFrog also provides on-going development & website maintenance for Lee & Associates offices.

Client Testimonial:  "They listen really well, which is hard to find in vendors, who often have their own ideas. We’re a tough firm to work with, but they don’t flinch. They’ve been a joy to work with."

La Jolla Capital Group

View Website: http://ljcg.com/

Project Objective: To update the design & content of La Jolla Capital Group's website to better represent their business & to make the site easier to navigate and manage.

Client Testimonial: "Overall, I had a great experience working with everybody from Tiny Frog. They were timely and respectful. I've used WordPress in the past, but anytime I have questions about something, Tiny Frog has been super responsive, available, and helpful."

Ken Blanchard

View Website: https://www.kenblanchardbooks.com/

Project Objective: To create a custom designed book-listing website in alignment with The Ken Blanchard Companies' existing brand & corporate platform

Client Testimonial: "It was a dream project. Over the past year, they were patient, alerted us in advance, and kept us informed. They stuck to their pricing, and we had no surprises there. I think they're a great organization."

Phalanx Biotech Group

View Website: https://www.phalanxbiotech.com/

Client Testimonial: "The relationship was very collaborative and Tiny Frog was very responsive to what we were asking for."

Project Overview: TinyFrog designed a modern, responsive website that helped the biotechnology firm attract & engage global and B2B customers

International Data Systems

View Website: https://velocitywms.com/

Project Overview: TinyFrog designed & developed a new professional website for International Data System's new warehouse management software Velocity WMS

Seaside Staffing Company

View Website: https://seasidestaffingcompany.com/

Client Testimonial:  "The project has been cohesive from start to finish and it’s nothing short of fabulous."

Project Overview: TinyFrog Technologies created a new, custom designed website built on the WordPress platform for the boutique domestic staffing firm.

WordPress Web Design & Dev for Aerospace Company

“Tiny Frog Technologies made a hugely positive impact within our company.”

July 2018 - Jan. 2019

Tasked with revamping an outdated and sub-par website, Tiny Frog Technologies supported an end-to-end redesign to improve a brand. They led the project from wireframing and iterating to development and launch.

Business Analyst, Space Company

Tiny Frog Technologies allocated a full range of design, development, and business experts to lead the client through the rebranding and platform redesign process. Ultimately, they delivered a brand-new site with a look and feel employees praise. The team is attentive and communicative.

I'm a business analyst at a defense contractor that provides software and network engineering services to the U.S. Navy and other parts of the Department of Defense.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We needed to upgrade our website. As a tech company, we felt embarrassed about the poor state it was in at the time. We hired Tiny Frog Technologies to conduct a major upgrade.

During the initial sales call, we established the idea we were looking for. After we signed a contract, we moved into the design phase. We gathered requirements, discussed ideas about how the site should look, and structured a wireframe for the layout.

Tiny Frog Technologies dedicated a designer to our project who made several mockups. He helped me nail down my vision early on the project, so the design phase didn't drag on for more than a couple of weeks.

We sent feedback and held videoconferences to walk through our ideas. Once we decided on the theme and general look for the website, we kicked over the project to the developers to actually build out the site. We reviewed it a few final times before launching the site last month.

We worked with Alixis (Development Coordinator, Tiny Frog Technologies) during the first round. Later on, Ben (Web Designer, Tiny Frog Technologies) and another resource helped us during the development phase. Chris (Development Coordinator, Tiny Frog Technologies) assisted us with the launch.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We searched for a local company in San Diego that had experience with clients who work with the U.S. military. Tiny Frog Technologies did, and we liked their portfolio of work they had done in the past.

The project cost a little over $10,000. We're now paying an annual fee for maintenance and security.

We started working together in July 2018 and finished the website six months later. It launched in January 2019.

Tiny Frog Technologies made a hugely positive impact within our company. I think most of our employees had been ashamed of how we used to be represented online. Based on feedback I got internally, our team is no longer afraid to refer people to our website. They really helped changed our brand, which is now much more favorable amongst our current employees.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Tiny Frog Technologies did a great job of managing the project. We mostly communicated using phone calls and emails, usually weekly.

I enjoyed communicating with Tiny Frog Technologies. Our project manager was always readily available. She responded to any of our communication within 24 hours, which I really appreciated.

No. I'm pretty happy with our partnership altogether.

I definitely suggest contracting with Tiny Frog Technologies. My best advice is to be prepared going into the process. The only issue that held up our project was internal, on my end. From the client side, we had a delay with getting them the written content so we could actually launch the website.

Overall Score I’m really happy with their products and service.
    The only missed deadline we missed was an internal one. The project manager kept up a fast past for the project.
    Of the four other local companies I considered, Tiny Frog Technologies definitely offered the best value for the price.
    Communication with the project manager and the quality of deliverables were both great.
    I would definitely recommend them.

WordPress Web Redesign for Print Company

“The website Tiny Frog developed has received nothing but positive feedback.”

June 2018 - Jan. 2019

Tiny Frog redesigned and developed a WordPress website from scratch, including wireframes.

Vista, California
Terry Fyffe
President & CEO, Electronic Output Solutions

Tiny Frog created an interactive, modern website that has received a lot of positive feedback thus far. Highly responsive and accessible throughout the engagement, working with their team was a breeze. They were flexible and accommodating to changing schedules and design directions.

I'm the president and CEO of Electronic Output Solutions, a printing and mailing company with offices in California and Texas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Our website hadn't been updated in 17 years, so we engaged Tiny Frog to create a more modern and responsive design.

Tiny Frog redesigned and developed our website on WordPress from scratch, walking us through a discovery phase and creating wireframes in the process. I reviewed the copy and designs, providing some edits before they ultimately launched the site.

I worked with a project coordinator and a few others on the project.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I found them through an online search for local vendors with expertise in developing B2B websites. The other company I considered was almost twice the price, but offered the same quality of work. Based on their strong portfolio and affordability, I decided to go with Tiny Frog.

We invested just under $10,000.

We worked together from June 2018–January 2019.

They did an outstanding job. The website Tiny Frog developed has received nothing but positive feedback. After posting it on my personal LinkedIn, I had over 700 views and positive comments from professionals within my network.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well; they were accessible and responsive whenever I needed to reach them around my schedule.

They were very flexible and accommodating, working with me as I made changes to the wireframes or other designs.

I can't think of anything.

Redesigning and developing a website is a big task, so I'd suggest working in plenty of time to get the site to launch.

Overall Score If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose Tiny Frog in a heartbeat.
    They were never behind and were accommodating to my changing schedule.
    They offer top quality work for a fraction of the price of other competitors.
    They were tentative, committed, and easy to work with overall.
    I'd recommend them without hesitation.

Website Development for Local Accounting Firm

“They stuck to our plan and delivered exactly what they promised.”

Mar. 2018 - Jul 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies designed and developed a website, following a general idea and business goals. They integrated an end client-facing portal and provided training on how to use the site.

Everardo Nava
Owner, Nava & Company

Tiny Frog Technologies is highly skilled and does great work. The team is talented and friendly, and end users say the website looks good and functions well.

I’m the owner of Nava & Company, an accounting and tax practice.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I needed a partner to develop a website for my business.

I gave them the general idea of what I was looking for and our business goals, and Tiny Frog Technologies implemented a website, doing both design and dev. It’s for our current customers, and it has a link to a portal that allows them to access their information.

I worked with four people: a strategist, designer, developer, and someone to train me on how to use the website.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I did some research and found a bigger company I initially wanted to work with. However, they referred me to Tiny Frog Technologies, and I thought they were a better fit anyway, so I hired them.

I spent around $7,000.

We worked together from March–July 2018.

My main goal was to get a website, and that’s exactly what they delivered. My clients are happy with it, saying it’s appealing and user friendly.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They stuck to our plan and delivered exactly what they promised.

They’re a great team with lots of talent. They fit well with small businesses because they understand how they work.

No. I was satisfied.

Web Design & Marketing for Plumbing Company

“…their team could be trusted with our site and would work hard to overcome any roadblocks we would potentially face.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Tiny Frog Technologies revamped an outdated website to improve responsiveness, and to bring in new clientele. The team redesigned imagery and colors. They continue to perform scheduled maintenance.

Natalie Barillas
Marketing Director, Ideal Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical

Conversions and customers increased for the business. Tiny Frog Technologies delivered an aesthetically-pleasing and easy-to-use web platform. Their approach to explaining various functionalities and topics benefitted the collaboration. Expect a professional and communicative group of web designers.

I’m the marketing director for Ideal Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical based in San Diego. We’ve serviced clients since 1960.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Our site was outdated. It hadn’t been redesigned in almost ten years. We hired Tiny Frog Technologies to create a website that was user-friendly and mobile responsive to bring in new clients and customers.

While designing the website, we wanted Tiny Frog Technologies to relay the message that we’re a professional and trustworthy company. Their team helped with the overall aesthetic of the site, implementing consistent imagery and colors. Pictures of our services are detailed on the site. They worked on the user interface of the website with the goal of making it more efficient.

They also created a contact form on the home page to capture leads. Tiny Frog Technologies continues performing security maintenance. They offer a monthly program for website backup and security.

We mainly work with Inga (Lead Development Coordinator, Tiny Frog Technologies) and a designer.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Whenever I searched for San Diego web design companies, Tiny Frog Technologies kept coming up. There were a ton of reviews on Yelp and Google. After looking through their clients and previous work, we met with Mikel (Owner, Tiny Frog Technologies) and were impressed with their professionalism. I felt that their team could be trusted with our site and would work hard to overcome any roadblocks we would potentially face.

We’ve invested around $14,000.

We started working with Tiny Frog Technologies in May 2017, and the work is ongoing.

Our designer was excellent. We’ve seen more contact form completions and lead conversions. The professional website’s user experience makes it easier to engage with customers. They are using the contact form to use our services, and our employees can refer customers to our website.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was effective. We used InVision to log in and make notes on their work to guarantee we were on the same page. If I ever had a question and needed an update during development, their team got back with an answer as soon as they could. Communication was open and efficient.

Tiny Frog Technologies didn’t get caught up in industry jargon. Their team took the time to explain the functionality of our site and how things would work. I tend to have detailed questions, and they happily took the time to answer them.

When the site launched, I tested it on my phone, and it wasn’t as mobile friendly as I had hoped. Features weren’t loading correctly for me as it was for them. They addressed it, but if I hadn’t caught it, there could’ve been errors for others.

I wish training sessions would’ve been more structured. When it came time for a phone meeting regarding WordPress, it was more open to questions I had, and I feel that I missed a few items. I think they thought I had more of an understanding than I did.

I would advise customers to stay on schedule. It’s hard when there are job tasks and other responsibilities, but it’s crucial to make your website redesign a priority. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and to speak up if something isn’t aligning with the goals for your site. Stay on track with the timeline and make sure everything is how you wanted it to be.

Having a more realistic timeline would’ve worked better. There were delays on both sides.

WordPress Web Design for Data Management Company

"Tiny Frog Technologies created options that accurately expressed my ideas."

Dec. 2017 - Sept. 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies developed two WordPress sites. They created wireframes and went through an iterative, collaborative design process before uploading content and launching the platforms.

11 -50 Employees

Director of Data Management & Planning, Maritime Company

Tiny Frog Technologies crafted attractive designs for the website that reflect the ideal company image. Responsive and highly motivated, the team excels at communication and works diligently to deliver outstanding results. They maintained a rapid pace and seamless workflow.

I'm the director of data management and planning for a nautical company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We needed some help from a professional company to build a new website. As far as I know, we didn't have one previously. If we did, it wasn't functioning correctly.

I joined the project eight months in because it had unfortunately stalled out due to internal process issues with delivering content. From what I understand, Tiny Frog Technologies designed wireframes, educated our team, and developed two websites on WordPress. They got the first one up and running, but the second one was delayed because nobody from our company had gathered content to give the team. Once I did so, the project became easier.

After I uploaded materials to the team’s platform, they got everything online within 24–48 hours, or at least partially on the website. I went through several iterations with the team and took notes about corrections we needed. They made all the changes.

Finally, I gave Tiny Frog Technologies access to our host server. Our IT resource said the teammate who helped him was very skilled and pleasant to work with. The team ultimately launched our website which took about 24 hours due to all the refreshing and servers it had to go through.

I interacted with one person from the team, Andrea (Designer and Development Coordinator, Tiny Frog Technologies). I was only on the project for about 3–4 weeks. I contacted whenever I needed something, at minimum once a week. She had quick turnaround response times responding to my phone calls and emails. Towards the end of the project, I called her a few times each day.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

The decision wasn't my call. Somebody else hired Tiny Frog Technologies before I met them.

I don't know how much it cost to develop the site, but hosting costs about $60 per month.

Tiny Frog Technologies worked on our project from December 2017–September 2018. They were just getting started when I joined the company last year. Gathering content to when the site launched last week took slightly less than a month.

From an aesthetic point of view, Tiny Frog Technologies definitely aligned the site designs to our vision. The team was adept at helping me decide what I wanted. Sometimes I couldn't figure out exactly how I wanted it to look or couldn't figure out how to get there. Tiny Frog Technologies created options that accurately expressed my ideas. They made it easy to pick one that worked the best.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Tiny Frog Technologies managed the project very well and communicated effectively. They delivered everything on time.

Since I’m usually very driven, people often have to ask me to slow down. Tiny Frog Technologies was highly motivated. I had to work hard to keep up with them. I appreciated the speed at which they worked. Their fast pace showed me they were on top of my project, even though I'm sure they had other clients to attend to.

Tiny Frog Technologies quickly understood what I needed, so I didn't have to explain myself repeatedly. They usually got it the first time but were quick to ask me to rephrase when they didn't. The team's response times were excellent. They delivered exactly what I requested and got it onto the site in a timely manner.

I only worked with Tiny Frog Technologies in one area, but everything seemed to be good. I didn't understand the content upload portion very well. It was relatively intuitive, but some features were confusing to use. This was also my first time doing this type of project, so other people might have found it easier.

Make sure you stay in contact with Tiny Frog Technologies. They're very responsive and helpful. I found it useful to send PowerPoints that described my requests, so nothing was left to the imagination.

At first, I didn't realize I needed to send original files. I went through over 40,000 pictures on my company's server to find usable content for the website. Many were too grainy or a poor fit. I copied and pasted the ones I found into a PowerPoint, but the team needed the full picture files. I had to go through all the pictures again to find the ones I had used.

I set a deadline without checking to see if it was feasible. They would have pushed themselves to meet it if needed and accelerated towards the end.
    They provide excellent value.
    There's always room for improvement, but they’re definitely a cut above. They're the second group I've ever used, but they're really good.
    I'm very likely to refer them.

WordPress Web Design for New Branch of Leadership Company

“The designer brought spectacular skill to the table, and we worked well together.”

June - Oct. 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies designed and developed a WordPress website from the ground up. They helped craft a new UX and branding to revamp a company’s image and are designing three custom web pages.

Biz. Ops Manager, Leadership Company

Tiny Frog Technologies has completed two of the three deliverables so far. Their timeliness, responsivity, and quick development fixes helped the site launch outpace the anticipated deadline. After a disappointing strategy phase, the team rectified problems through attentive accommodation.

I’m the business operations manager at a leadership company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

When we started the company, our image leaned too heavily on one person’s name and identity. Following a significant period of growth, we needed to reinvent our image with entirely new branding. We hired Tiny Frog Technologies to help us launch publicly through our website.

Tiny Frog Technologies designed our WordPress website from scratch. I appreciated that they had a defined process laid out. We held initial calls with the owner to find out more about their team and how they work. During our meetings, we set up email communication with the team. We recorded whenever one of our team members wasn’t able to participate in a call.

Tiny Frog Technologies assigned responsibilities to specific parties. There were three distinct stages of building the site. The first was the strategy session. They had a different team lead for each section. Upon completion, we progressed to the design and development stages before launching the site.

Using an iterative process, we met with the strategists before and after they did their work to plan, provide feedback, and review three times. We didn’t receive the entire user experience during the strategy phase as we wanted. They had no way of validating that the team lead had accomplished that goal. We didn’t realize her work was not complete until we started the design phase. Even though their strategist is talented, she didn’t perform well for this particular contract.

I worked with Mikel (Owner and CEO, Tiny Frog Technologies), a project manager, a developer, a strategist, and a designer.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Another company I have close ties with had used Tiny Frog Technologies to create their main website. They’re one of the top-rated agencies in San Diego. Based on their estimated quotes, timing, and availability, we hired them. They were within our price range, and we liked their web design style.

We spent $7,500.

We worked together from June–October 2018.

Tiny Frog Technologies helped our website go live ahead of schedule. Internally, our employees love it, but it’s too soon to have any other user feedback. The team has completed two of the three custom web pages we requested. We’re really happy with these deliverables. Currently, we’re still reconfiguring the third page so that it’s more distinct from the others.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated several times a week, and sometimes even spoke daily. Tiny Frog Technologies kept us informed and on track. They maintained a clear, consistent message throughout the project which helped us provide the materials they needed on time.

During the strategy phase, their team lead didn’t keep to her schedule which delayed our review. She didn’t deliver the UX and marketing copy we expected to receive. They determined a phase was complete based on client approval instead of delivering the promised work. Since the project got delayed If we didn’t provide approval,  this wasn’t an effective system.

We had a conversation with the owner and decided to have the designer lead review sessions instead. Being involved worked much better. Looking back, we should have collaborated from the start of the strategy phase. Since we were unhappy with the results, we had to redo it during the design phase.

Once Tiny Frog Technologies assigned us a project manager, the timeline improved. She was disciplined about sending statements when all the content was due and kept the schedule up-to-date. They shared it with us on Google so that we could add questions or comments whenever necessary.

Tiny Frog Technologies is very accommodating. When we contacted the owner about our displeasure with the strategy phase, he personally attended one of the meetings. When we were disappointed with the initial designs, he met with us during the design phase as well, even though he was on vacation.

We formed a new agreement about how to move forward together that worked very well. The designer brought spectacular skill to the table, and we worked well together. I was the most impressed by Tiny Frog Technologies’ rapid response times. During the development phase, they fixed problems within an hour or two.

They could improve the internal quality control (QC) during each phase to ensure the client is getting what they need. If their internal QC tester should make sure that their strategists produce the work they are supposed to, the quality would greatly improve.

Another suggestion is to have a more flexible process flow, which could include working sessions instead of review sessions so we could make changes. They should use a more collaborative and less rigid process for strategy, design, and development.

Spend a significant amount of time collaborating on the strategy session, so you understand exactly what you want your website to do. Have somebody there to discuss what you want users to get out of the experience and the message you want to send.

It would be five if the team lead hadn’t delayed the strategy by missing one of her deliverables.
    Their price was very reasonable. Other custom designers quoted much higher ballpark figures.
    They haven’t delivered the third custom page yet.
    I would recommend them.

WordPress Web Design for University

“It was easy to work with them. Their WordPress expertise was quite impressive.”

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies overhauled a website featuring educational services. They fixed persistent programming issues, enhanced user navigation, and updated the frontend design.

10,000 + Employees

Graphic Designer, University of California San Diego

The new website received favorable feedback from stakeholders, particularly its improved performance and visuals. Tiny Frog Technologies was highly competent, responsive, and cost-efficient.

I’m a graphic designer at UC (University of California) San Diego Recreation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We were trying to rebuild our department’s primary WordPress website. We had some backend issues due to previous programming.

Originally, we reached out to them to address the programming issues. After they assessed our previous site, we decided it would be better to create a new one from scratch. I shared some designs and concepts with them, and they built the pages for my review.

I worked with the lead development coordinator and lead web developer at Tiny Frog Technologies.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

One of our co-workers did some research. After considering several companies, our decision came down to competitive pricing.

We spent less than $10,000.

We worked together from December 2017–April 2018.

The navigation is better; it’s simpler and easier to use. I also haven’t had a single issue with crashing, as everything runs smoothly. Aesthetically, they’ve made a lot of major improvements. It definitely looks a lot better than it did before.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I was happy with their process and customer service. We communicated every couple of weeks. As the project was getting ready to launch, we increased communication to every few days. They were clear, responsive, and answered a lot of questions.

It was easy to work with them. Their WordPress expertise was quite impressive.

No, I didn’t have any issues with them.

I recommend contacting them to see if they’re a good fit. They’re a company worth looking into.

Overall Score I had an excellent experience with them. Our department has been happy with their work.
    The scheduling was excellent.
    They offered a good deal in terms of cost to value.
    They were really good.
    I’d refer them. I’d use them in the future as well.

WordPress Web Design for Consulting Firm

"I loved the way they helped me learn about my site."

Feb. - Sept. 2018

Following a discovery phase and an evaluation of possible designs, Tiny Frog Technologies developed a WordPress website. Upon completion, they provided maintenance training to facilitate independent management.

Greg Chapman
Founder & CEO, The Pocket CMO®

The website accomplishes project goals of promoting a credible and legitimate venture. Although Tiny Frog Technologies’ client management and scheduling efforts were somewhat uneven at times, they were ultimately quite helpful and very communicative.

I am the founder of The Pocket CMO®, which is a boutique strategy consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Because I only had a static landing page and not a formal website, I engaged Tiny Frog Technologies to help me build a site.

After I got in touch with Tiny Frog Technologies about working together, they assembled a proposal and a statement of work for what the deliverables would be. We agreed to the terms and a payment schedule. In a discovery phase, we discussed the content plan and my ideas on the aesthetics and user experience. I was put in touch with a project manager, and we set a schedule for development and feedback. In the end, they created a fairly simple WordPress site.

I worked with five people over the course of the project.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I met the owner at a marketing executive networking event, and we got to know each other there. Once I became familiar with their capabilities, I referred a few clients to them for website builds. Through those interactions, I got to know them better, and I felt comfortable using them for my own website.

I spent between $8,000–$10,000.

We worked together from February–September 2018.

The whole purpose of creating the website was to build my credibility. When I hand out my business card with the URL on it, I want people to be directed to a credible site. I can’t say that I’ve been bombarded with new business opportunities, because that wasn't the goal.

However, the people who've looked at my site have been very impressed with its organization. They like the overarching description of me and my business. It establishes and builds my credibility, which is what I needed.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management approach could have been better. We basically conducted the project through email, and that worked. But there were times when I would have liked to have seen a written schedule with key milestone dates. Although they were a little weak there, they made up for it with good, clear communication whenever necessary.

As a sole proprietor, it was important for me to gain an operational understanding of the WordPress platform so that I could manage it myself. Tiny Frog was very accommodating in that regard. They walked me through the process of working with the dashboard and different menus. I loved the way they helped me learn about my site.

I admit that the project took a little longer than it should have because of some delays on my end, but I would have been open to them managing me a little more in those situations. Instead of waiting for me, they could have dictated more of the project’s flow.

I would suggest writing a one-page strategy brief to outline the intended message and the user experience goals of the site. That must be clear because, without it, the designers will take creative freedom based on industry best practices, and those may not be the best practices for your particular site.

The project could have been managed more effectively.
    The project took longer than both sides expected.

WordPress Web Design & Development for Nonprofit

“They really went above and beyond the prompt to make sure our needs were met.”

Jan. - Aug. 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies designed and developed a WordPress site for a nonprofit organization. They trained staff on WordPress features and went beyond the scope to find a learning management system.

Resource Specialist, Life Perspectives

Core investors and company insiders like the UX, and some of the site’s benefits are already being realized. Tiny Frog Technologies performed well throughout the process and responded quickly. They were communicative and quick to share extra information that added clarity.

I am a resource specialist and technical lead for Life Perspectives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We had several websites but no overarching site dedicated to our whole organization. As a result, we wanted one place for visitors to discover more about our services, donate to us, or work with us. Tiny Frog helped create that site.

We used WordPress to build a site from the ground up. The lead on our side switched a few times, but I was the last lead on the project. We started with a long design phase and outlined our set of very specific needs. Once we finished with the design, we moved into wireframing. They asked a lot of questions and went through several iterations to give us the site we wanted. We provided feedback and made changes until we were satisfied.

Once the site was mostly finished, they trained us on how to make changes in WordPress so that we could edit things ourselves. If there were any fixes or issues that we weren’t capable of resolving ourselves, we could go to them for help as we got closer to our soft launch. They helped us achieve an attractive, fully functional site that does everything we want. They also helped us find a learning management system (LMS) to support another project we’re working on.

I communicated directly with three individuals, though the team may have been bigger.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

The person who hired them is no longer working with us, so I can’t speak to the exact way we found them. I know we did some research and considered a few options. We work with several remote companies, so the fact that Tiny Frog was local wasn’t a consideration when we hired them. We felt they’d be a good fit, and they’ve worked out well.

I would guess we’ve spent between $7,000–$10,000.

We started working together in January 2018, and the site launched in August 2018.

We soft launched the site a month ago, so it’s too early for analytics to have much bearing. But we’ve shown it to core investors, insiders, and other people to get them familiar with it. We’ve already seen some of the benefits, and people are very impressed with how the site looks. It’s a high-quality, professional site that makes us stand out and represents us well.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well and responded quickly. We communicated a lot during the process and did a lot of iteration to finish the site. I would send out a string of requests, and they would respond within a day or two. They would provide extra information to help us and were willing to train us on new features in WordPress or the site. They also did research and found an LMS that we’ll use. They didn’t get any bonus from recommending it to us, so they really went above and beyond the prompt to make sure our needs were met.

They went out of their way to support us in areas that were outside the scope of their involvement without asking for additional compensation. They didn’t have to help us find an LMS system. Their support has been excellent throughout the process.

I don’t have any recommendations for improvements.

Make sure to communicate often. With your input, they'll be able to better answer questions and support the project. We requested some changes in our process to improve the end result. If we weren’t as involved, the site wouldn’t look as good as it does now.

Overall Score We’re very happy overall.
    Sometimes the process got a little behind, but several deadlines were met on time, and we launched the site when we wanted to.
    Between the support they provided and the product they delivered, we definitely got our money’s worth.
    The site is exactly what we wanted. We had some specific requirements, and they met all our needs.
    I’d recommend them to anyone who wanted to create a website and wanted help with WordPress or backend development.

Localized Web Design for Biotech Firm

“They are really good at what they do.”

Dec. 2017 - July 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies designed and developed a custom WordPress website. Features include a geolocation-enabled landing page for Japanese users.

IT Manager, Biotechnology Firm

Within a month, the website attracted hundreds of leads in a niche industry. Tiny Frog Technologies’ expertise and understanding of business goals fostered positive results. However, they could improve their QA process.

I am the IT operations manager for a biotechnology firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We needed assistance with building a new website.

Tiny Frog Technologies built the website using WordPress. Our idea was based on something we saw on another website. After we completed all the information for each link on the site, they created a localized landing page. Our site automatically redirects a user with a Japanese IP address to that landing page. Since the content was in Japanese, a lot of different little things had to be done right. It also looks different on mobile due to the nature of the Japanese language. Tiny Frog Technologies executed our unique requirements quite well.

We mainly worked with one person.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I came on board after they were already selected.

Compared to a couple of quotes we received, they were really inexpensive

We worked together from December 2017 to July 2018.

The best evidence is the number of contacts we have been getting, both in English and Japanese. A lot of people are getting our information and filling out the forms. We have received a little over 200 since we launched, which is huge. People are definitely going to the site and submitting questions to us, which is what we wanted.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, they handled the project well. There were a lot of times when we made changes at the last minute, and they handled those without any stress at all.

For a while, especially near the launch, we were in contact daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

Their efficiency was impressive. They don’t really say no to anything. They are really good at what they do.

They probably need to pay better attention to detail. We spotted some tiny errors on the launched site.

Despite the changes we made, they always delivered on time.
    They made a high-quality product.

Gold