Top-Rated WordPress Web Design & Development

TinyFrog Technologies is a San-Diego-based web agency, specializing in WordPress web design and development, secured hosting and maintenance, and search engine optimization.

Get started with a free security & performance site scan in 20 seconds: website scanner

2003
San Diego, CA
  • Tiny Frog Technologies
    4455 Murphy Canyon Road, Ste. 100
    San Diego, CA 92123

Lee & Associates, Sycuan, Cox Communications, Scripps Health, UCSD, Ken Blanchard Companies

Lee & Associates

View Website: https://www.lee-associates.com/

Project Overview: TinyFrog provided all web development work for the new corporate Lee & Associates website, including the build of a custom office search & map.

TinyFrog also provides on-going development & website maintenance for Lee & Associates offices.

Client Testimonial:  "They listen really well, which is hard to find in vendors, who often have their own ideas. We’re a tough firm to work with, but they don’t flinch. They’ve been a joy to work with."

La Jolla Capital Group

View Website: http://ljcg.com/

Project Objective: To update the design & content of La Jolla Capital Group's website to better represent their business & to make the site easier to navigate and manage.

Client Testimonial: "Overall, I had a great experience working with everybody from Tiny Frog. They were timely and respectful. I've used WordPress in the past, but anytime I have questions about something, Tiny Frog has been super responsive, available, and helpful."

Ken Blanchard

View Website: https://www.kenblanchardbooks.com/

Project Objective: To create a custom designed book-listing website in alignment with The Ken Blanchard Companies' existing brand & corporate platform

Client Testimonial: "It was a dream project. Over the past year, they were patient, alerted us in advance, and kept us informed. They stuck to their pricing, and we had no surprises there. I think they're a great organization."

WordPress Web Design for University

“It was easy to work with them. Their WordPress expertise was quite impressive.”

Dec. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies overhauled a website featuring educational services. They fixed persistent programming issues, enhanced user navigation, and updated the frontend design.

10,000 + Employees

Graphic Designer, University of California San Diego

The new website received favorable feedback from stakeholders, particularly its improved performance and visuals. Tiny Frog Technologies was highly competent, responsive, and cost-efficient.

I’m a graphic designer at UC (University of California) San Diego Recreation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We were trying to rebuild our department’s primary WordPress website. We had some backend issues due to previous programming.

Originally, we reached out to them to address the programming issues. After they assessed our previous site, we decided it would be better to create a new one from scratch. I shared some designs and concepts with them, and they built the pages for my review.

I worked with the lead development coordinator and lead web developer at Tiny Frog Technologies.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

One of our co-workers did some research. After considering several companies, our decision came down to competitive pricing.

We spent less than $10,000.

We worked together from December 2017–April 2018.

The navigation is better; it’s simpler and easier to use. I also haven’t had a single issue with crashing, as everything runs smoothly. Aesthetically, they’ve made a lot of major improvements. It definitely looks a lot better than it did before.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I was happy with their process and customer service. We communicated every couple of weeks. As the project was getting ready to launch, we increased communication to every few days. They were clear, responsive, and answered a lot of questions.

It was easy to work with them. Their WordPress expertise was quite impressive.

No, I didn’t have any issues with them.

I recommend contacting them to see if they’re a good fit. They’re a company worth looking into.

Overall Score I had an excellent experience with them. Our department has been happy with their work.
    The scheduling was excellent.
    They offered a good deal in terms of cost to value.
    They were really good.
    I’d refer them. I’d use them in the future as well.

WordPress Web Design for Consulting Firm

"I loved the way they helped me learn about my site."

Feb. - Sept. 2018

Following a discovery phase and an evaluation of possible designs, Tiny Frog Technologies developed a WordPress website. Upon completion, they provided maintenance training to facilitate independent management.

Greg Chapman
Founder & CEO, The Pocket CMO®

The website accomplishes project goals of promoting a credible and legitimate venture. Although Tiny Frog Technologies’ client management and scheduling efforts were somewhat uneven at times, they were ultimately quite helpful and very communicative.

I am the founder of The Pocket CMO®, which is a boutique strategy consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Because I only had a static landing page and not a formal website, I engaged Tiny Frog Technologies to help me build a site.

After I got in touch with Tiny Frog Technologies about working together, they assembled a proposal and a statement of work for what the deliverables would be. We agreed to the terms and a payment schedule. In a discovery phase, we discussed the content plan and my ideas on the aesthetics and user experience. I was put in touch with a project manager, and we set a schedule for development and feedback. In the end, they created a fairly simple WordPress site.

I worked with five people over the course of the project.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I met the owner at a marketing executive networking event, and we got to know each other there. Once I became familiar with their capabilities, I referred a few clients to them for website builds. Through those interactions, I got to know them better, and I felt comfortable using them for my own website.

I spent between $8,000–$10,000.

We worked together from February–September 2018.

The whole purpose of creating the website was to build my credibility. When I hand out my business card with the URL on it, I want people to be directed to a credible site. I can’t say that I’ve been bombarded with new business opportunities, because that wasn't the goal.

However, the people who've looked at my site have been very impressed with its organization. They like the overarching description of me and my business. It establishes and builds my credibility, which is what I needed.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management approach could have been better. We basically conducted the project through email, and that worked. But there were times when I would have liked to have seen a written schedule with key milestone dates. Although they were a little weak there, they made up for it with good, clear communication whenever necessary.

As a sole proprietor, it was important for me to gain an operational understanding of the WordPress platform so that I could manage it myself. Tiny Frog was very accommodating in that regard. They walked me through the process of working with the dashboard and different menus. I loved the way they helped me learn about my site.

I admit that the project took a little longer than it should have because of some delays on my end, but I would have been open to them managing me a little more in those situations. Instead of waiting for me, they could have dictated more of the project’s flow.

I would suggest writing a one-page strategy brief to outline the intended message and the user experience goals of the site. That must be clear because, without it, the designers will take creative freedom based on industry best practices, and those may not be the best practices for your particular site.

The project could have been managed more effectively.
    The project took longer than both sides expected.

WordPress Web Design & Development for Nonprofit

“They really went above and beyond the prompt to make sure our needs were met.”

Jan. - Aug. 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies designed and developed a WordPress site for a nonprofit organization. They trained staff on WordPress features and went beyond the scope to find a learning management system.

11- 50 Employees

Resource Specialist, Life Perspectives

Core investors and company insiders like the UX, and some of the site’s benefits are already being realized. Tiny Frog Technologies performed well throughout the process and responded quickly. They were communicative and quick to share extra information that added clarity.

I am a resource specialist and technical lead for Life Perspectives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We had several websites but no overarching site dedicated to our whole organization. As a result, we wanted one place for visitors to discover more about our services, donate to us, or work with us. Tiny Frog helped create that site.

We used WordPress to build a site from the ground up. The lead on our side switched a few times, but I was the last lead on the project. We started with a long design phase and outlined our set of very specific needs. Once we finished with the design, we moved into wireframing. They asked a lot of questions and went through several iterations to give us the site we wanted. We provided feedback and made changes until we were satisfied.

Once the site was mostly finished, they trained us on how to make changes in WordPress so that we could edit things ourselves. If there were any fixes or issues that we weren’t capable of resolving ourselves, we could go to them for help as we got closer to our soft launch. They helped us achieve an attractive, fully functional site that does everything we want. They also helped us find a learning management system (LMS) to support another project we’re working on.

I communicated directly with three individuals, though the team may have been bigger.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

The person who hired them is no longer working with us, so I can’t speak to the exact way we found them. I know we did some research and considered a few options. We work with several remote companies, so the fact that Tiny Frog was local wasn’t a consideration when we hired them. We felt they’d be a good fit, and they’ve worked out well.

I would guess we’ve spent between $7,000–$10,000.

We started working together in January 2018, and the site launched in August 2018.

We soft launched the site a month ago, so it’s too early for analytics to have much bearing. But we’ve shown it to core investors, insiders, and other people to get them familiar with it. We’ve already seen some of the benefits, and people are very impressed with how the site looks. It’s a high-quality, professional site that makes us stand out and represents us well.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well and responded quickly. We communicated a lot during the process and did a lot of iteration to finish the site. I would send out a string of requests, and they would respond within a day or two. They would provide extra information to help us and were willing to train us on new features in WordPress or the site. They also did research and found an LMS that we’ll use. They didn’t get any bonus from recommending it to us, so they really went above and beyond the prompt to make sure our needs were met.

They went out of their way to support us in areas that were outside the scope of their involvement without asking for additional compensation. They didn’t have to help us find an LMS system. Their support has been excellent throughout the process.

I don’t have any recommendations for improvements.

Make sure to communicate often. With your input, they'll be able to better answer questions and support the project. We requested some changes in our process to improve the end result. If we weren’t as involved, the site wouldn’t look as good as it does now.

Overall Score We’re very happy overall.
    Sometimes the process got a little behind, but several deadlines were met on time, and we launched the site when we wanted to.
    Between the support they provided and the product they delivered, we definitely got our money’s worth.
    The site is exactly what we wanted. We had some specific requirements, and they met all our needs.
    I’d recommend them to anyone who wanted to create a website and wanted help with WordPress or backend development.

Localized Web Design for Biotech Firm

“They are really good at what they do.”

Dec. 2017 - July 2018

Tiny Frog Technologies designed and developed a custom WordPress website. Features include a geolocation-enabled landing page for Japanese users.

11- 50 Employees

IT Manager, Biotechnology Firm

Within a month, the website attracted hundreds of leads in a niche industry. Tiny Frog Technologies’ expertise and understanding of business goals fostered positive results. However, they could improve their QA process.

I am the IT operations manager for a biotechnology firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We needed assistance with building a new website.

Tiny Frog Technologies built the website using WordPress. Our idea was based on something we saw on another website. After we completed all the information for each link on the site, they created a localized landing page. Our site automatically redirects a user with a Japanese IP address to that landing page. Since the content was in Japanese, a lot of different little things had to be done right. It also looks different on mobile due to the nature of the Japanese language. Tiny Frog Technologies executed our unique requirements quite well.

We mainly worked with one person.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I came on board after they were already selected.

Compared to a couple of quotes we received, they were really inexpensive

We worked together from December 2017 to July 2018.

The best evidence is the number of contacts we have been getting, both in English and Japanese. A lot of people are getting our information and filling out the forms. We have received a little over 200 since we launched, which is huge. People are definitely going to the site and submitting questions to us, which is what we wanted.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, they handled the project well. There were a lot of times when we made changes at the last minute, and they handled those without any stress at all.

For a while, especially near the launch, we were in contact daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

Their efficiency was impressive. They don’t really say no to anything. They are really good at what they do.

They probably need to pay better attention to detail. We spotted some tiny errors on the launched site.

Despite the changes we made, they always delivered on time.
    They made a high-quality product.

WordPress Web Redesign for Law Firm

“Tiny Frog developed an engaging, user-friendly website that we were proud to launch.”

Oct. 2017 - Jun. 2018

Tiny Frog redesigned a website on WordPress, incorporating new elements and design features such as video content.

Raymond Wagenknecht
Attorney, Wagenknecht IP Law Group

Tiny Frog developed a high-quality, user-friendly website that exceeded expectations. Easy to work with and affordably priced, working with their team was a great experience overall. They'll continue to be the go-to vendor for any web related work needed in the company's future.

I'm the managing attorney at Wagenkneckt IP Law Group.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I wasn't happy with my original website, so I was looking for a vendor to rebuild it to better showcase the business.

After discussing my goals for a new website and what I didn't like about our current site with Tiny Frog's team, they started developing a new version. They provided some draft versions for me to review and choose from and we iterated from there, incorporating new elements and design features, including some video content. They also showed me how to make content edits and changes as needed from my end.

I worked with about four people on their team, including a project manager. We generally communicated one to two times a week by email.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I researched local web developers that I liked and came across Tiny Frog. I liked a lot of their previous work and decided to engage them based on that.

I invested around $5,000.

The project took place between October 2017 and June 2018.

I'm very happy with the website Tiny Frog built compared to what we previously had. More people seem to be reaching out now that we have a site that better represents our company. Tiny Frog developed an engaging, user-friendly website that we were proud to launch.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job managing projects. I never had any trouble reaching them by email or viewing the website mockups they sent over for us to review.

They were easy to work with and listened closely to our needs. They were both receptive to my feedback, but also able to provide a lot of helpful input to improve the site.

Overall Score I'll continue working with them on any web needs I may have in the future.
    They met all deadlines and stayed in communication throughout the engagement.
    I paid the same as I paid for my original site, but was much happier with Tiny Frog's results.
    The site they built turned out a lot better than I anticipated.
    I would absolutely recommend them to others.

WordPress Web Design for Environmental Firm

“I was most impressed by the quality of their design and their responsiveness.”

Jun. 2017 - Jan. 2018

To build the WordPress site, Tiny Frog Technologies broke down their process into three phases: marketing, graphic design, and programming. The site’s appearance and functionality have been positively received.

Vice President, Environmental Consulting Firm

Tiny Frog Technologies’ thorough and patient communication, coupled with their quality design work, led to the successful launch of the new WordPress site.

I'm the vice president of an environmental consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We launched our company last year and needed to create a new website that represented our brand and our professional services.

Tiny Frog Technologies built a new site for us on a WordPress platform. They Broke down the project into three main phases: marketing, graphic design, and programming. The marketing phase gave us a chance to identify our key core clients and the areas in which they'd access the site. The second phase, graphic design, was when we focused on the site's appearance: colors, consistency, font, and layout. For the third and final phase, programming, they created site features and assessed overall functionality.

We'd suggested including a picture of the San Diego coast on the Home page to give site users an idea of where we're located. Tiny Frog expanded on that idea and was able to incorporate a running video of the coast near our office.

I've worked with up to four people.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

They were referred to me by an executive coach. I'd received referrals for other firms, but I was most impressed by Tiny Frog and their proven ability to improve their client's websites.

We spent $6,000.

We started working with them in June 2017 and the website launched January 2018.

The site now reflects the quality of the services we provide, the professionalism that we want to convey, and the confidence and trust we have for our clients and training partners. Furthermore, we've received many compliments on the design and layout of the website.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was excellent. Before we started work, they provided a summary of each person I'd work with and that person’s role, as well as a description of each phase of the project. I'm new to web development, but they patiently walked me through the process and provided clarification when I needed it. They were also very communicative when we needed to make display decisions. We wanted to use a lot of photos to make the site more user-friendly, for example, and they continued to go back and forth with us until we agreed on images.

I was most impressed by the quality of their design and their responsiveness. Even when I had questions that were outside their scope of work, the company's president would respond within the same day to make sure that I got the information I needed.

Make sure that the site's content is finished as early in the process as possible.

Overall Score I'm really happy with the end result.
    They were always very responsive to my requests.
    They provide the quality and service of a large company, but are budget-friendly for small companies.
    They did an excellent job of designing the website.
    I've already referred them to at least two other people.

WordPress Web Designs for 2 Financial Company Brands

“Their work has improved our online image and gives a better impression to visitors.”

Aug. 2016 - July 2017

Tiny Frog Technologies created a shared WordPress website for two investment companies. They analyzed visitors, emphasized visual assets, and added pop-up and scroll-over functionality.

201- 500 Employees

Lexy Haynes
Manager of Communications, CUSO Financial Services

Tiny Frog provides a high level of service at an affordable price. They are organized, responsive, and timely. They were regularly available during development to discuss issues or changes.

I am the manager of communications for two sister broker-dealers in the investment services field.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We were transitioning our two separate companies into one online presence. We needed a new WordPress website that would combine and modernize two different branding styles.

We started with an analysis of the different personas visiting our site. We determined who our visitors were and their pain points. We then moved into a design phase. We chose wireframes, imagery, and the general look and feel of the site. We decided on big pictures and little text as a theme. They set up our content management system where we input text and made edits. They moved all our existing hyperlinks to the new site and did our site mapping.

Tiny Frogs added eye-catching functionality, including a counter that responds to scrolling and carousels for testimonials and news features. They also built important subpages with unique functionality. We wanted to avoid sending users to a tertiary page, so they created bio and video interview pop-ups that appear when users click on team member pictures. It makes navigation easy and lets us feature extra media.

We worked with at least four people. We started with an expert who helped us develop the personas and affiliated content. We also worked with a consumer behavior expert, a design team, and a development team. Finally, we worked with an SEO team who did all our link mapping and backend keywords.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We did a lot of due diligence. We asked our internal experts and some of our vendors for recommendations. We had a list of five or six companies that we narrowed down to three. We met with them and got proposals from each. We compared cost, training, and the general vibe we got from each company and decided to work with Tiny Frog.

We spent between $10,000–$15,000.

We worked together from August 2016–July 2017. We then immediately hired them to do monthly maintenance for all of our websites, including security, daily backups, and 24/7 monitoring.

An updated, modern website elevates our look and feel as a company. Their work has improved our online image and gives a better impression to visitors. Tiny Frog is quick to respond whenever we have issues and they help evolve the site.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic. They’re organized, responsive, and easy to work with. They helped us deliver on time and we will definitely work with them again. We spoke at least two or three times a week during development.

The level of customer service and their price are both great. They’re very affordable and offered the best price of any company we approached.

We had a new team member work with us at every new stage of development. We got used to it, but it would have been helpful to have an overarching account executive act as a point of contact through the whole process.

Use them. They’re great to work with and do good work. I would definitely recommend them.

Overall Score We’ve had a great experience.
    They helped us meet deadlines, but we did have to push a few back. Most of that was due to our changing needs and requirements.
    Their cost was competitive and we got great value.
    Their service was fantastic and they delivered everything we wanted.
    We will definitely use them again and are happy to recommend them to friends and colleagues.

WordPress Website for Global Education Brand

“Tiny Frog’s design work is beautiful, and they did a great job of bringing life to the website.”

Apr. - Dec. 2017

Tiny Frog helped create a wireframe and user experience model before designing and developing a WordPress website. They also worked with an external design team to incorporate branding elements.

1,001-5,000 Employees
Digital Marketing Manager, Navitas

The soft launch received a positive response due to the website’s functionality and design. Tiny Frog’s team was knowledgeable, professional, and responsive, and they handled technical problems skillfully. Their project management could have only benefited further from more unified communication.

Navitas is a global leader in international education. We recruit students from all over the world to our schools located in North America, the U.K., and Australia. I’m the digital marketing manager for North America.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

We needed to build a website which showcased all our U.S. university partners in one place. We wanted to rebrand those partners under an entirely new name: The Global Student Success Program.

We started with the user experience model and wireframing. Once that was finalized, we moved on and started working with one of Tiny Frog’s designers. The third and final phase was the actual development for which we worked with a third team. They were responsible for making the WordPress site go live.

We have a complicated business model, so we provided Tiny Frog with information about what we do, and also guided them through what we were looking for. They helped us with the phrasing and tone of the website from a user experience perspective.

The site is essentially used for lead generation. We had to do a lot of work to make sure forms were working correctly in order to direct users to the appropriate nurture campaigns. It was a major component which needed to be made compatible with our existing systems. Another major feature of the site is the blog, and it was important for us to launch a site with relevant content for our users.

We used a local print design team for our logo, graphics, screenshots, and videos. Tiny Frog worked with us to make sure all of these elements aligned with our branding and that of The Global Student Success Program.

During the user experience phase, we worked closely with a team lead and a contact from their side, as well as one of their designers. In the final phase, we primarily worked with Inga, who acted as project manager and was our main contact during development. We also worked with another team member for WordPress training. We had contact with around five of their members, but I’m sure there were many other developers working on the backend during the final phase.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

We work globally, so we wanted at least one resource who could work within our time zone. We also liked Tiny Frog’s portfolio compared to the other three companies we interviewed. They were the only ones who thought about things from a research perspective, in regards to the user experience, prior to moving into design. This was the approach we wanted during development as well. The other teams tended to move too quickly into the design phase, but the beginning portion was crucial to our success.

We spent around $15,000.

We worked with them from April–December 2017. The project is finalized, but we plan on using them for site hosting. Our team in India will take over any new designs.

We’ve only done a soft launch within the company so everyone can get used to the new branding. We will undergo our first major lead generation campaign starting in mid-January. We will also have some more reliable numbers in regards to production and quality leads within the next six months.

Everyone has been happy with how the site looks and functions, but we’ve done some testing in order to ensure that all our tracking is accurate. Overall, the stakeholders are happy about the look-and-feel of the website.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve had a positive working experience with them. There were time increases in the design phase when we realized all the university pages needed to be branded separately, which caused us to have to create a call-to-action button for lead generation.

In terms of overall project management, it would’ve been helpful to have a central contact for all three phases. We had some disconnects between the three stages, although handoff calls were done, which caused Tiny Frog to take a bit longer than necessary. We had internal delays as well, but it would’ve been nice to have a single person overseeing everything so we wouldn’t have had to continuously recommunicate items.

Each person from their team was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, and responsive. They made sure that our communication was as clear as possible. Tiny Frog’s design work is beautiful, and they did a great job of bringing life to the website. Inga and her team also did a great job of continuing to communicate with us during the final development phase, especially when we got the team in India involved. Things became a bit complicated on the technical side, and Inga handled everything with excellence.

Having more clarity about how much the design phase will take in customizing all the university pages would’ve helped us. Building seven “thank you” pages ended up increasing the cost and prolonging the timeline by quite a bit compared to what we anticipated. We’d be happy to work with Tiny Frog again, but I will want a clear difference between building a custom site and using a WordPress template, which was our original plan. The latter would have been a much faster process for everyone in the end.

WordPress Site for Tax Law Firm

"We hired them to optimize user experience, and they did a great job with that."

Nov. 2016 - Sept. 2017

Tiny Frog redeveloped an existing website using WordPress. They focused on decluttering the sitemap and revamping the aesthetics to optimize user experience.

John Milikowsky
Owner, Milikowsky Tax Law

They provided an impressive team with varying areas of expertise, ensuring that every aspect of the site, from development to user experience, was well-tended to. Feedback has been positive, and the site has seen improvement in its conversation rates.

I’m the owner of Milikowsky Tax Law, a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

Every couple of years, we redevelop our website. We reached out to Tiny Frog for that purpose. Our existing site wasn’t performing well, so we weren’t looking for a website that’s merely aesthetically-pleasing — we wanted to ensure the new website had a high conversation rate.

We discussed our website’s current status and what our objectives are for the new site. Tiny Frog’s user experience expert then helped determine a website concept and sitemap that our users will respond to. The layout we settled on, in comparison with our previous site, is more inviting and less cluttered. They then developed the framework and the actual website on Wordpress. The last step was to add content. We developed the new content, and they borrowed the rest from our older site.

We primarily worked with three members of their team who had expertise in either user experience or website design.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

We were considering three other companies aside from them. What distinguished Tiny Frog is their knowledge in user experience and website functionality, rather than just aesthetics.

We invested between $10,000 to $15,000.

We began working with them in November 2016, and the project was completed at the end of September 2017.

Though it’s too early tell for sure how well our website is doing, I believe the new design is contributing positively to our conversion rates. Internally and externally, we’ve received positive feedback overall.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job. Each person we worked with had their own speciality, instead of one person juggling several different aspects of the site. It made the process very organized and efficient. Our communication with them would fluctuate based on our needs, but we spoke at least two to four times per month.

We hired them to optimize user experience, and they did a great job with that. The website isn’t too convoluted. It flows very nicely.

No matter what company you work with, the process of rebuilding your website always takes an erroneous amount of effort. The process is very burdensome and time-constraining. I’d rather it done the right way, which Tiny Frog did, but it’d be great if website development companies could find a way to take some of the burden off their clients.

Custom Website for Large Software Firm

"We needed a company that does a great job and is really responsive. Tiny Frog met both of those criteria."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Tiny Frog built a content-focused website from scratch with Marketo integrations, scaling resources rapidly to meet an aggressive development schedule. They now provide hosting and last-minute tweaks.

New York Metro Area
Manager, Business Management Software Co.

Thanks to Tiny Frog’s flexible workflow and around-the-clock availability, the work finished successfully within the 30-day deadline. The team’s responsiveness, good-natured demeanor, and willingness to meet complex business requirements continue to impress.

I’m part of the mainframe business unit for a large independent software company. We handle a lot of mainframe traffic for Fortune 50 and 500 companies and provide different software services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

We needed a website built from scratch to showcase our business intelligence, machine learning, and artificial intelligence on the mainframe. It’s a content site where we publish various views on those subjects from different authors.

They had a very detailed project plan to meet our aggressive timeline. We collaborated on the project with them but provided the business requirements ourselves. For the design, we went through rounds of revisions and changes, which Tiny Frog handled well.

We needed to integrate with Marketo, which can create technical challenges. We’re still in the process of making that happen due to a delay on our side. Also, we had to find a clear way of assigning categories and authors to different pieces of content that we had.

We chose to use Tiny Frog for hosting, which has worked well. We’re going to be doing that for the next few months before hosting the site ourselves, but they were flexible about getting us up and running even with our changing start date.

We worked with a total of 5 people from Tiny Frog. When we had to update the timeline, they willingly assigned more resources to meet our goals.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

They were referred to me by a former business partner. Originally, Tiny Frog was on a shortlist of 6 companies we wanted to interview. We viewed their bid, saw that they won some awards, and looked at their portfolio. When I talked with their team, they seemed like a good fit for us. They seemed to have a lot more knowledge than the other companies that we interviewed.

The original project timeline was 90 days, and we actually had to change that to 30 days. We’re pretty much done with the work, but we’re still finishing some small tasks.

Being able to finish the work within 30 days was our biggest metric. Going from an idea of a site to launching in 30 days is incredibly challenging due to all the revisions. It was a lot of work, but Tiny Frog rose to the challenge and didn't complain about our timeline. It was tough for them, but they got through everything. We're really happy with the site.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very flexible. They understood when our business requirements shifted and we needed to change the timeline. They were available pretty much at any time. We just scheduled everything. They were pretty good about addressing any type of question or concern.

I wasn't expecting to manage them at all, and I didn't have to. That was really important for me because I have other responsibilities to juggle. That's why we hired them to take care of this project for us. Both sides offered input because we were building a site from scratch. Overall, the process was smooth.

We primarily used email and phone to communicate. Working through email gave us proof of agreement on design changes. We had to go through lots of images for those.

What did you find most impressive about Tiny Frog?

They were professional, which was a big factor in choosing them in the first place. We needed a company that does a great job and is really responsive. Tiny Frog met both of those criteria.

Are there any areas Tiny Frog could improve?

No. They're really responsive to emails and phone calls. We threw them some curveballs in terms of the timeline speeding up, and they took it in stride. They’re very easy to work with. Updates were made quickly and to our specifications. We had a lot of changes after the site was just ready to launch, and they were able to complete them with short notice.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Tiny Frog?

Be responsive to making changes quickly and efficiently. Avoid trying to make the process longer than it should be.

Overall Score They did a great job. At first, we didn't think that we could hit all of our goals, but we met every timeline in the project plan, so it worked out really well.
    They hit every requirement.
    They weren't the least expensive vendor, but they weren't the most expensive. They offered a lot of value for money.
    They delivered everything on time and within budget.
    I'd recommend them.