WordPress Web Design & Development

The “Hopp-iest” Web Agency!

Founded in 2003, Tiny Frog Technologies specializes in WordPress web design and development, secured hosting and maintenance, and search engine optimization.

With a conversion-based approach to web design, Tiny Frog offers a targeted solution to increase conversion rates, and ultimately improve the bottom line. Clients receive continued support in web hosting, security, and maintenance, so their investment is protected long-term.

2003
San Diego, CA
  • Tiny Frog Technologies
    4455 Murphy Canyon Road, Ste. 100
    San Diego, CA 92123

Lee & Associates, Sycuan, Cox Communications, Scripps Health, UCSD, Ken Blanchard Companies

WordPress Web Redesign for Law Firm

“Tiny Frog developed an engaging, user-friendly website that we were proud to launch.”

Oct. 2017 - Jun. 2018

Tiny Frog redesigned a website on WordPress, incorporating new elements and design features such as video content.

Raymond Wagenknecht
Attorney, Wagenknecht IP Law Group

Tiny Frog developed a high-quality, user-friendly website that exceeded expectations. Easy to work with and affordably priced, working with their team was a great experience overall. They'll continue to be the go-to vendor for any web related work needed in the company's future.

I'm the managing attorney at Wagenkneckt IP Law Group.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I wasn't happy with my original website, so I was looking for a vendor to rebuild it to better showcase the business.

After discussing my goals for a new website and what I didn't like about our current site with Tiny Frog's team, they started developing a new version. They provided some draft versions for me to review and choose from and we iterated from there, incorporating new elements and design features, including some video content. They also showed me how to make content edits and changes as needed from my end.

I worked with about four people on their team, including a project manager. We generally communicated one to two times a week by email.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

I researched local web developers that I liked and came across Tiny Frog. I liked a lot of their previous work and decided to engage them based on that.

I invested around $5,000.

The project took place between October 2017 and June 2018.

I'm very happy with the website Tiny Frog built compared to what we previously had. More people seem to be reaching out now that we have a site that better represents our company. Tiny Frog developed an engaging, user-friendly website that we were proud to launch.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job managing projects. I never had any trouble reaching them by email or viewing the website mockups they sent over for us to review.

They were easy to work with and listened closely to our needs. They were both receptive to my feedback, but also able to provide a lot of helpful input to improve the site.

Overall Score I'll continue working with them on any web needs I may have in the future.
    They met all deadlines and stayed in communication throughout the engagement.
    I paid the same as I paid for my original site, but was much happier with Tiny Frog's results.
    The site they built turned out a lot better than I anticipated.
    I would absolutely recommend them to others.

WordPress Web Design for Environmental Firm

“I was most impressed by the quality of their design and their responsiveness.”

Jun. 2017 - Jan. 2018

To build the WordPress site, Tiny Frog Technologies broke down their process into three phases: marketing, graphic design, and programming. The site’s appearance and functionality have been positively received.

Vice President, Environmental Consulting Firm

Tiny Frog Technologies’ thorough and patient communication, coupled with their quality design work, led to the successful launch of the new WordPress site.

I'm the vice president of an environmental consulting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We launched our company last year and needed to create a new website that represented our brand and our professional services.

Tiny Frog Technologies built a new site for us on a WordPress platform. They Broke down the project into three main phases: marketing, graphic design, and programming. The marketing phase gave us a chance to identify our key core clients and the areas in which they'd access the site. The second phase, graphic design, was when we focused on the site's appearance: colors, consistency, font, and layout. For the third and final phase, programming, they created site features and assessed overall functionality.

We'd suggested including a picture of the San Diego coast on the Home page to give site users an idea of where we're located. Tiny Frog expanded on that idea and was able to incorporate a running video of the coast near our office.

I've worked with up to four people.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

They were referred to me by an executive coach. I'd received referrals for other firms, but I was most impressed by Tiny Frog and their proven ability to improve their client's websites.

We spent $6,000.

We started working with them in June 2017 and the website launched January 2018.

The site now reflects the quality of the services we provide, the professionalism that we want to convey, and the confidence and trust we have for our clients and training partners. Furthermore, we've received many compliments on the design and layout of the website.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was excellent. Before we started work, they provided a summary of each person I'd work with and that person’s role, as well as a description of each phase of the project. I'm new to web development, but they patiently walked me through the process and provided clarification when I needed it. They were also very communicative when we needed to make display decisions. We wanted to use a lot of photos to make the site more user-friendly, for example, and they continued to go back and forth with us until we agreed on images.

I was most impressed by the quality of their design and their responsiveness. Even when I had questions that were outside their scope of work, the company's president would respond within the same day to make sure that I got the information I needed.

Make sure that the site's content is finished as early in the process as possible.

Overall Score I'm really happy with the end result.
    They were always very responsive to my requests.
    They provide the quality and service of a large company, but are budget-friendly for small companies.
    They did an excellent job of designing the website.
    I've already referred them to at least two other people.

WordPress Web Designs for 2 Financial Company Brands

“Their work has improved our online image and gives a better impression to visitors.”

Aug. 2016 - July 2017

Tiny Frog Technologies created a shared WordPress website for two investment companies. They analyzed visitors, emphasized visual assets, and added pop-up and scroll-over functionality.

201- 500 Employees

Lexy Haynes
Manager of Communications, CUSO Financial Services

Tiny Frog provides a high level of service at an affordable price. They are organized, responsive, and timely. They were regularly available during development to discuss issues or changes.

I am the manager of communications for two sister broker-dealers in the investment services field.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We were transitioning our two separate companies into one online presence. We needed a new WordPress website that would combine and modernize two different branding styles.

We started with an analysis of the different personas visiting our site. We determined who our visitors were and their pain points. We then moved into a design phase. We chose wireframes, imagery, and the general look and feel of the site. We decided on big pictures and little text as a theme. They set up our content management system where we input text and made edits. They moved all our existing hyperlinks to the new site and did our site mapping.

Tiny Frogs added eye-catching functionality, including a counter that responds to scrolling and carousels for testimonials and news features. They also built important subpages with unique functionality. We wanted to avoid sending users to a tertiary page, so they created bio and video interview pop-ups that appear when users click on team member pictures. It makes navigation easy and lets us feature extra media.

We worked with at least four people. We started with an expert who helped us develop the personas and affiliated content. We also worked with a consumer behavior expert, a design team, and a development team. Finally, we worked with an SEO team who did all our link mapping and backend keywords.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We did a lot of due diligence. We asked our internal experts and some of our vendors for recommendations. We had a list of five or six companies that we narrowed down to three. We met with them and got proposals from each. We compared cost, training, and the general vibe we got from each company and decided to work with Tiny Frog.

We spent between $10,000–$15,000.

We worked together from August 2016–July 2017. We then immediately hired them to do monthly maintenance for all of our websites, including security, daily backups, and 24/7 monitoring.

An updated, modern website elevates our look and feel as a company. Their work has improved our online image and gives a better impression to visitors. Tiny Frog is quick to respond whenever we have issues and they help evolve the site.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic. They’re organized, responsive, and easy to work with. They helped us deliver on time and we will definitely work with them again. We spoke at least two or three times a week during development.

The level of customer service and their price are both great. They’re very affordable and offered the best price of any company we approached.

We had a new team member work with us at every new stage of development. We got used to it, but it would have been helpful to have an overarching account executive act as a point of contact through the whole process.

Use them. They’re great to work with and do good work. I would definitely recommend them.

Overall Score We’ve had a great experience.
    They helped us meet deadlines, but we did have to push a few back. Most of that was due to our changing needs and requirements.
    Their cost was competitive and we got great value.
    Their service was fantastic and they delivered everything we wanted.
    We will definitely use them again and are happy to recommend them to friends and colleagues.

WordPress Website for Global Education Brand

“Tiny Frog’s design work is beautiful, and they did a great job of bringing life to the website.”

Apr. - Dec. 2017

Tiny Frog helped create a wireframe and user experience model before designing and developing a WordPress website. They also worked with an external design team to incorporate branding elements.

1,001-5,000 Employees
Digital Marketing Manager, Navitas

The soft launch received a positive response due to the website’s functionality and design. Tiny Frog’s team was knowledgeable, professional, and responsive, and they handled technical problems skillfully. Their project management could have only benefited further from more unified communication.

Navitas is a global leader in international education. We recruit students from all over the world to our schools located in North America, the U.K., and Australia. I’m the digital marketing manager for North America.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

We needed to build a website which showcased all our U.S. university partners in one place. We wanted to rebrand those partners under an entirely new name: The Global Student Success Program.

We started with the user experience model and wireframing. Once that was finalized, we moved on and started working with one of Tiny Frog’s designers. The third and final phase was the actual development for which we worked with a third team. They were responsible for making the WordPress site go live.

We have a complicated business model, so we provided Tiny Frog with information about what we do, and also guided them through what we were looking for. They helped us with the phrasing and tone of the website from a user experience perspective.

The site is essentially used for lead generation. We had to do a lot of work to make sure forms were working correctly in order to direct users to the appropriate nurture campaigns. It was a major component which needed to be made compatible with our existing systems. Another major feature of the site is the blog, and it was important for us to launch a site with relevant content for our users.

We used a local print design team for our logo, graphics, screenshots, and videos. Tiny Frog worked with us to make sure all of these elements aligned with our branding and that of The Global Student Success Program.

During the user experience phase, we worked closely with a team lead and a contact from their side, as well as one of their designers. In the final phase, we primarily worked with Inga, who acted as project manager and was our main contact during development. We also worked with another team member for WordPress training. We had contact with around five of their members, but I’m sure there were many other developers working on the backend during the final phase.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

We work globally, so we wanted at least one resource who could work within our time zone. We also liked Tiny Frog’s portfolio compared to the other three companies we interviewed. They were the only ones who thought about things from a research perspective, in regards to the user experience, prior to moving into design. This was the approach we wanted during development as well. The other teams tended to move too quickly into the design phase, but the beginning portion was crucial to our success.

We spent around $15,000.

We worked with them from April–December 2017. The project is finalized, but we plan on using them for site hosting. Our team in India will take over any new designs.

We’ve only done a soft launch within the company so everyone can get used to the new branding. We will undergo our first major lead generation campaign starting in mid-January. We will also have some more reliable numbers in regards to production and quality leads within the next six months.

Everyone has been happy with how the site looks and functions, but we’ve done some testing in order to ensure that all our tracking is accurate. Overall, the stakeholders are happy about the look-and-feel of the website.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve had a positive working experience with them. There were time increases in the design phase when we realized all the university pages needed to be branded separately, which caused us to have to create a call-to-action button for lead generation.

In terms of overall project management, it would’ve been helpful to have a central contact for all three phases. We had some disconnects between the three stages, although handoff calls were done, which caused Tiny Frog to take a bit longer than necessary. We had internal delays as well, but it would’ve been nice to have a single person overseeing everything so we wouldn’t have had to continuously recommunicate items.

Each person from their team was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, and responsive. They made sure that our communication was as clear as possible. Tiny Frog’s design work is beautiful, and they did a great job of bringing life to the website. Inga and her team also did a great job of continuing to communicate with us during the final development phase, especially when we got the team in India involved. Things became a bit complicated on the technical side, and Inga handled everything with excellence.

Having more clarity about how much the design phase will take in customizing all the university pages would’ve helped us. Building seven “thank you” pages ended up increasing the cost and prolonging the timeline by quite a bit compared to what we anticipated. We’d be happy to work with Tiny Frog again, but I will want a clear difference between building a custom site and using a WordPress template, which was our original plan. The latter would have been a much faster process for everyone in the end.

WordPress Site for Tax Law Firm

"We hired them to optimize user experience, and they did a great job with that."

Nov. 2016 - Sept. 2017

Tiny Frog redeveloped an existing website using WordPress. They focused on decluttering the sitemap and revamping the aesthetics to optimize user experience.

John Milikowsky
Owner, Milikowsky Tax Law

They provided an impressive team with varying areas of expertise, ensuring that every aspect of the site, from development to user experience, was well-tended to. Feedback has been positive, and the site has seen improvement in its conversation rates.

I’m the owner of Milikowsky Tax Law, a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

Every couple of years, we redevelop our website. We reached out to Tiny Frog for that purpose. Our existing site wasn’t performing well, so we weren’t looking for a website that’s merely aesthetically-pleasing — we wanted to ensure the new website had a high conversation rate.

We discussed our website’s current status and what our objectives are for the new site. Tiny Frog’s user experience expert then helped determine a website concept and sitemap that our users will respond to. The layout we settled on, in comparison with our previous site, is more inviting and less cluttered. They then developed the framework and the actual website on Wordpress. The last step was to add content. We developed the new content, and they borrowed the rest from our older site.

We primarily worked with three members of their team who had expertise in either user experience or website design.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

We were considering three other companies aside from them. What distinguished Tiny Frog is their knowledge in user experience and website functionality, rather than just aesthetics.

We invested between $10,000 to $15,000.

We began working with them in November 2016, and the project was completed at the end of September 2017.

Though it’s too early tell for sure how well our website is doing, I believe the new design is contributing positively to our conversion rates. Internally and externally, we’ve received positive feedback overall.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job. Each person we worked with had their own speciality, instead of one person juggling several different aspects of the site. It made the process very organized and efficient. Our communication with them would fluctuate based on our needs, but we spoke at least two to four times per month.

We hired them to optimize user experience, and they did a great job with that. The website isn’t too convoluted. It flows very nicely.

No matter what company you work with, the process of rebuilding your website always takes an erroneous amount of effort. The process is very burdensome and time-constraining. I’d rather it done the right way, which Tiny Frog did, but it’d be great if website development companies could find a way to take some of the burden off their clients.

Custom Website for Large Software Firm

"We needed a company that does a great job and is really responsive. Tiny Frog met both of those criteria."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Tiny Frog built a content-focused website from scratch with Marketo integrations, scaling resources rapidly to meet an aggressive development schedule. They now provide hosting and last-minute tweaks.

New York Metro Area
Manager, Business Management Software Co.

Thanks to Tiny Frog’s flexible workflow and around-the-clock availability, the work finished successfully within the 30-day deadline. The team’s responsiveness, good-natured demeanor, and willingness to meet complex business requirements continue to impress.

I’m part of the mainframe business unit for a large independent software company. We handle a lot of mainframe traffic for Fortune 50 and 500 companies and provide different software services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

We needed a website built from scratch to showcase our business intelligence, machine learning, and artificial intelligence on the mainframe. It’s a content site where we publish various views on those subjects from different authors.

They had a very detailed project plan to meet our aggressive timeline. We collaborated on the project with them but provided the business requirements ourselves. For the design, we went through rounds of revisions and changes, which Tiny Frog handled well.

We needed to integrate with Marketo, which can create technical challenges. We’re still in the process of making that happen due to a delay on our side. Also, we had to find a clear way of assigning categories and authors to different pieces of content that we had.

We chose to use Tiny Frog for hosting, which has worked well. We’re going to be doing that for the next few months before hosting the site ourselves, but they were flexible about getting us up and running even with our changing start date.

We worked with a total of 5 people from Tiny Frog. When we had to update the timeline, they willingly assigned more resources to meet our goals.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

They were referred to me by a former business partner. Originally, Tiny Frog was on a shortlist of 6 companies we wanted to interview. We viewed their bid, saw that they won some awards, and looked at their portfolio. When I talked with their team, they seemed like a good fit for us. They seemed to have a lot more knowledge than the other companies that we interviewed.

The original project timeline was 90 days, and we actually had to change that to 30 days. We’re pretty much done with the work, but we’re still finishing some small tasks.

Being able to finish the work within 30 days was our biggest metric. Going from an idea of a site to launching in 30 days is incredibly challenging due to all the revisions. It was a lot of work, but Tiny Frog rose to the challenge and didn't complain about our timeline. It was tough for them, but they got through everything. We're really happy with the site.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very flexible. They understood when our business requirements shifted and we needed to change the timeline. They were available pretty much at any time. We just scheduled everything. They were pretty good about addressing any type of question or concern.

I wasn't expecting to manage them at all, and I didn't have to. That was really important for me because I have other responsibilities to juggle. That's why we hired them to take care of this project for us. Both sides offered input because we were building a site from scratch. Overall, the process was smooth.

We primarily used email and phone to communicate. Working through email gave us proof of agreement on design changes. We had to go through lots of images for those.

What did you find most impressive about Tiny Frog?

They were professional, which was a big factor in choosing them in the first place. We needed a company that does a great job and is really responsive. Tiny Frog met both of those criteria.

Are there any areas Tiny Frog could improve?

No. They're really responsive to emails and phone calls. We threw them some curveballs in terms of the timeline speeding up, and they took it in stride. They’re very easy to work with. Updates were made quickly and to our specifications. We had a lot of changes after the site was just ready to launch, and they were able to complete them with short notice.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Tiny Frog?

Be responsive to making changes quickly and efficiently. Avoid trying to make the process longer than it should be.

Overall Score They did a great job. At first, we didn't think that we could hit all of our goals, but we met every timeline in the project plan, so it worked out really well.
    They hit every requirement.
    They weren't the least expensive vendor, but they weren't the most expensive. They offered a lot of value for money.
    They delivered everything on time and within budget.
    I'd recommend them.

WordPress Website for Well-Known Author & Consultant

"[T]hey were patient, alerted us in advance, and kept us informed."

Mar. 2016 - May 2017

Tiny Frog created a customized book-listing website in alignment with the brand’s existing corporate platform, conducting extensive design research and providing full-scale development support.

Escondido, California
Martha Lawrence
Executive Editor, Ken Blanchard Companies

After the site’s recent launch, visitors shared their appreciation for its impressive layout and features. Tiny Frog’s availability, statistical assessments, coordinated workflow, and easygoing demeanor contributed to a user-friendly business solution.

I’m the executive editor at Ken Blanchard Companies, a world leader in management training and management consulting. Ken Blanchard is the author of more than 60 books, and I oversee all publishing efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

Ken Blanchard Companies has a corporate website, but the author did not have an author site. We needed to create a website for the fans of Ken Blanchard's books, who may or may not be users of products from Ken Blanchard Companies. We wanted something that was aligned with the corporate site but wouldn’t be confused with it.

Before jumping into website design, we first met with an associate of Tiny Frog called Wolfhound Interactive. Brian [Founder and CEO] at Wolfhound Interactive is an expert in understanding what people are looking for when coming to a website, so they helped us determine what should be on the site and how it should flow before they started discussing the website design or web proposal. Their statistics-based approach really impressed me.

The site is built on a WordPress platform that's been customized, which was suitable for us since we would be doing a lot of the updating ourselves. It needed to be very user-friendly because I’m not a technology expert, and I'm primarily responsible for the content of the site.

There were about 4 layers of the company that we worked with. Tiny Frog’s CEO, Mikel, acted as our principal. Wolfhound’s services were a value added to the Tiny Frog contract. Brian worked on the visitor models and got us thinking through what should be where on the site. Natalie [Web Designer, Tiny Frog] handled the actual website design and worked on each page with me. Also, Tiny Frog had a whole separate department for the production phase, which included Chris [Hosting Manager/WP Trainer] and Inga [Lead Development Coordinator]. They were fantastic as well.

We went through the pre-website design discussion first to find out what really needed to be included. We had several levels of approval because we needed to make the Ken Blanchard Companies’ executives comfortable with the whole idea of having another website with the name Ken Blanchard on it. We didn't want the sites to compete; we wanted them to be in alignment.

Once we finished those discussions, we went into the design and wireframe phase. We had plenty of opportunities to ask questions at that point before too much work was done. It was a very deliberate, thought-out process, which helped us maximize the results of our spending.

Tiny Frog designed a logo that was complementary to but distinct from the Ken Blanchard Companies logo. They created visitor models at the Wolfhound Interactive phase. Once we did the wireframes, then they did the actual design of specific pages—a custom home page and 3 custom design pages.

The site contains content for a backlist of the 60 books. It introduces Ken as an author and catalogs all of his books into several different categories. We have “Managing Self,” “Managing Another,” “Managing Teams,” “Managing Organizations,” and “Growing Spiritually.” Within each category, you can search by book. Then, you can view details about the book and author, videos, reviews and press coverage, social media graphics, webinars, and “Buy Now” buttons that link to third-party sellers. It's really quite extensive. There's also a menu that deals with Ken's speaking career and a link to our nonprofit institute. We also have a blog on the site with contact information and newsletter signups.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

I described the job to a few different website developers. Not only did Tiny Frog have a competitive bid, but their reviews and references were way above other companies, so I was very influenced by that. When I met with them, I was very impressed with their personalities—easy going, quick learning, highly intelligent. The team understood what we needed and had a deep experience that really impressed me.

How much have you invested with Tiny Frog?

It's quite incredible. You would expect a website of this size to cost tens of thousands of dollars, but we spent less than $10,000.

We reached out to Tiny Frog in January of 2016 and did a final agreement in March of 2016. We developed the site throughout last year. A lot of the time was taken up on our end, gathering all the data that we needed, but they were very timely.

The site launched in May of 2017 to coincide with the publication of Ken's new book. For the most part, the project is completed. Tiny Frog is still available to answer our questions, but the transition has been a very easy process. We will go back to them as the website develops to add features and customize a few pages, but we certainly have everything that we need at this point.

We don't have any hard numbers or search engine-type data because we haven't promoted the site yet. However, people who have seen the site are incredibly impressed with it.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re outstanding. It’s evident that they know what they're doing, they know the timeline, and they know who to contact for predictable problems (although we really didn’t have any problems come up). They gave us a sense of tight management and coordination. Hand-offs between departments were very smooth.

What did you find most impressive about Tiny Frog?

We had another firm who had been designing individual websites for each book that Ken had been publishing. These were basic websites—no more than a page that just scrolled down. I can tell you from a project management point of view, designing this multiple-page, in-depth website with Tiny Frog was a much more coordinated process than working with other firms on single-page sites.

The firm that used to publicize Ken's books also bid on this project, but I know it would have been a nightmare working with really anyone else but Tiny Frog. They know what they're doing. They've done a lot of these, and they understand the process. They also offered wonderful training when we were ready to take over the website.

Are there any areas Tiny Frog could improve?

I honestly don't think they could have improved anything. It was a dream project. Over the past year, they were patient, alerted us in advance, and kept us informed. They stuck to their pricing, and we had no surprises there. I think they're a great organization.

Overall Score They get an A+, all the way.
    Based on the bids that we got from other people, they were the best.
    I already have.

Website Consolidation & Redesign Project

"They’ve been easy to work with and extremely helpful."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Tiny Frog Technologies combined a B2B website with a consumer-based e-commerce website into one platform. Services included UI/UX in line with the larger company image, content migration, and API configuration.

1,001-5,000 Employees

St. Louis, Missouri
Project Manager, Climate Control Company

The website is professional and user-friendly; the user interface is particularly strong. Tiny Frog reacted nimbly to changing project circumstances because they had a strong grasp of the big picture. Each team member was helpful and responsive.

I’m a project manager for an air- and climate-control systems company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog Technologies?

Our project was combining two old websites down to one website for eventual inclusion into the main company site. We needed to pare it down in the interim, so we reached out to them to get that done. We wanted the sites combined because we’re eventually switching to a company-based platform Tiny Frog is still building out. All the products will be listed, whereas before we had a commercial distributor-type product website and an end-user focused consumer website.

Now, we’ve got them combined to where everybody comes to one spot. Consumers can head off in their own direction, and distributors can see products they’re more interested in, but everyone can get to that. Even an end user can see the distributor products if they’re interested. It makes more sense to put them all in one, and just have separate gates to get people to what they want. They don’t have to look through 200 products to find what they want.

They came to us and gave us a way to gateway all the items together through one portal. We have a nice landing page, and then we give customers a simpler, cleaner way to divide and conquer from that point. Our main challenge was to get something with the right look. We also had to involve a look that’s similar to what the new company-wide site will look like. They’re not ready with e-commerce, but they’re building out other parts of their site that we’re involved in, so we wanted to keep the look similar to what they’re doing.

Tiny Frog gave us a design premise based on a similar look but with better functionality for our end customer. Our old sites were very dated, and the new WordPress site is much more user-friendly. It’s more crisp, clean, and clear to the customer where they’re going, what they’re looking at, and how they got there. We gave Tiny Frog the challenge of incorporating a certain look with much better functionality.

There’s an API function on there as well, and there’s also integration for customer screening via a tool for international trade compliance regulations. So, we can screen those customers prior to the purchase and determine if they’re on any denied parties list that would restrict them from buying a product from us before we even finish the order. I believe we’ll have to switch what we’re using by the end of the year, so I’m going to have Tiny Frog change us over to a completely different platform. It was really easy the first time, so I’m hoping it should just drop in and we’ll essentially swap out parts.

On the home page, a lot of the images we have are still design elements that they pulled in. We gave them the content to fill in. We either pulled some from the old sites, or we integrated the two things that were on the different sites into one piece. So, they didn’t create content for us. They were mostly responsible for the structure of the design.

I believe we had three people working on our project. We had one woman filling in the home pages, and then Raymond [Moul, Web Developer} was doing all the background development. So, we had one guy doing all the base structure, and they had one person throwing some content in for us. We had to populate all the product information, but some of the basic information that falls on the home page, and different things happening there, we gave them the content and they populated it. Raymond was pretty much doing all the background design himself, and then Andrea [Duszynski, Designer/Development Coordinator] was helping with populating some stuff on the home page for him.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog Technologies?

We got bids from a number of companies, including the company hosting the site previously. Tiny Frog came in with the best bid and the best ability to get it done in the timeframe we wanted. They offered the right spend and the right look.

How much have you invested with Tiny Frog Technologies?

The total development was just under $19,000, and the hosting agreement for one year is about $2,000

The project began in April of 2016, and our relationship is ongoing. In the last week or so, I got notice I have to switch the screening providers by September, so I’ll have to go back to Tiny Frog for that project. Other than that, we’re making image changes and things internally. We needed it up and running by a certain point, and we slid past that a little bit. If we find any errors or issues, I just contact Raymond and ask him to look at it. They’ve been really good about handling those.

It turned out very well, and we’re super-happy with the look we got. The functionality is a thousand times better. The president of our company said it’s the best-looking website we’ve ever had, and I agree. It’s easy for the customer to figure out how to buy the product. You can’t miss the ‘buy’ button. On our other site, you could hardly find that button. The old sites became more informational than anything, and people would go elsewhere to buy. Now I think we’re going to convert more sales. It’s okay if they go somewhere else, as we’re selling product either way, but it’s always nice if we can convert it ourselves.

It hasn’t been running enough to see a lot of data, and we’re in our off-season anyway. What little I’ve seen so far is inconclusive. I personally think there’s a little more traffic already to our website, even in the off-season. We typically had a purchase every couple of days, and I’m seeing almost one a day. It’s still statistically insignificant, but it seems that the volume is up already just by being simpler and easier for customers to use.

We’re still trying to get people to the site and making sure everyone is redirecting correctly. I think that could potentially be holding up a couple things, but we’re working all that out. We haven’t been running it long enough to have a good number, but I think we’re close to 10% or 15% over normal.

Everyone that’s seen the site has been very happy with it. Our president is ecstatic. He says this is the classiest, most well-organized site we’ve ever had. The old ones were super-dated and not user-friendly. It’s now extremely user-friendly. Everyone we show it to says it’s great, it looks clean, and it’s easy to follow.

How did Tiny Frog Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They were good. We threw them a loop in the middle. We had someone working the project, and that person was a contract person within the company, and they took another opportunity. I then got assigned to the project about halfway through, and they did a good job of getting me up to speed on where we were at, what decisions had been made, and where they were going with the process already. They had a pretty good handle on where it was going and why. They helped me get on task with them quickly so we could get it cleaned up as soon as possible.

What did you find most impressive about Tiny Frog Technologies?

I was extremely happy with the people working on the project. They were available when I needed them. When I asked for a change, it was made in an acceptable amount of time, usually quicker than I expected. They were always attentive and ready to help. They were always there with ideas. I haven’t had any issues. They’ve been easy to work with and extremely helpful. If we ever wanted to see something different, they’d do their best to make it look that way.

Are there any areas Tiny Frog Technologies could improve?

There was a handoff period where they had a project manager person involved, and then they passed it to the developer at a certain point. I think they could clean that up a little bit. It seemed a little juggled for a bit for me. The developer got us rolling and we were fine, but there was a short period of time when I wasn’t sure who to go to with my questions. It could have been cleaner, but it wasn’t terrible.

Overall Score Overall, it was a very good experience with only minor glitches.
    We had more trouble keeping to the schedule than they did. They did a good job.
    For the money we spent, the site we got is excellent.
    Everything has been good.
    I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

WordPress Website for Construction Consulting Co.

"They worked with us every step of the way."

Nov. 2016 - Apr. 2017

Tiny Frog provided a full-scale refresh of a site’s digital layout and content, implementing an easily maintainable platform. The team also conducted marketing and branding to boost client relations.

Steve Giffin
VP, B&G Consultants

Within a few weeks of launching, the modernized website has already attracted unsolicited hits and inquiries. Tiny Frog’s comprehensive expertise, consistent availability, and detailed walk-through of the platform ensured a great long-term solution.

B&G Consultants is a company in San Diego that does construction management and development consulting for developers and building and land owners. For instance, if a company or organization knows they need to build or renovate a facility, but they don't know anything about construction or development, they would hire us as a consultant and an owner's rep to embed within their organization and shepherd them through that development process. I’m the VP.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

We were trying to update our website. Our website, at the time, was old and behind the times as far as our recent project history, company history and overview, and contact information. We needed a refresher as far as the digital outlay of the company, modern technology, client relations, marketing, and branding were concerned.

They were pretty comprehensive as far as giving us what we wanted in terms of updating the website and content and working with us on the preferred design, layout, and software that would be used while we gathered content. The platform they used is WordPress. We got training on WordPress, and it seems pretty easy to use. We had a program called GatherContent for photo and text uploading on behalf of us pushing our content to them.

One thing that's really helpful is we've got a contact module now, and it's really easy. It's set up through Outlook, and it's an info contact-solicitation module. You go in and type a message, and it sends the message from the website directly to me, which is an info address. That's really cool because it's really easy for clients and folks to get in contact that way. Also, we updated our featured projects module, giving clients an idea of what we've done in the past and what our bread and butter are. That module now has nice-looking photos and easy maneuverability.

Five people total were involved on their side—Mary [Development Coordinator], Chris [Hosting Manager/WP Trainer], Ben [Web Designer], someone else, and Mikel [CEO] in an oversight role.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

We talked to a few different groups. Tiny Frog came in with a solid, comprehensive proposal; they were the lowest number as far as their bid was concerned. Mikel talked to us in our office, giving us a nice presentation and formal handoff of the proposal. Their fee structure was good and definitely doable for us. They put a platform in front of us and sold us on their bill of goods as far as what they've done in the past for website renovation and what they recommend. They really walked us through how they thought our website should look. We had a recent marketing brochure that we gave them. They internalized that general look and feel and company culture and gave us a good, solid example of what they provide. It was upfront customer service, giving us examples, having the right fee, and explaining how they would walk us through the process.

How much have you invested with Tiny Frog?

All in all, their proposal amount was $6,500 or $7,000.

We started in November of 2016, and we just wrapped up last month. It was a five-month deal.

It was unsolicited hits on the website. If anything, we've been telling people via word of mouth that we've renovated the site. It has new features, and it looks better than the last version. We've gotten people, unsolicited, telling us that they've been to the website and that it looks great. In the three or four weeks since we've launched, I've gotten two or three info hits with the contact form. One was a summer intern looking for work, which is cool, and the other two were requests for more info about the company. People are noticing and using the info module to send us contact info and get in touch with us, so I've noticed a difference. It's nice when you get unsolicited comments like that.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They did well. They were always available when we called. They would do stuff as far as uploading content for us if we pushed it to them right away. Within a day, changes were made, and action was taken. They worked with us every step of the way. Honestly, we're a small company and busy right now, so sometimes it would take us some time to gather photos, content, and relevant facts and figures and throw that over to them. I will wholeheartedly admit that if it wasn’t for us, it would probably have been more like two or two and a half months. They understood and were good about it. They launched when we wanted them to launch and took us through all of the training. I have no complaints.

What did you find most impressive about Tiny Frog?

As a distinguishing factor, they have multiple departments and expertise ranges at their disposal. For instance, they have a design group; a comprehensive project manager, Mary, who helped gather our content and push the different activities to the different departments; the trainer, Chris, for WordPress; as well as the yearly maintenance department. Everybody digs in and does their own thing, which was helpful.

Are there any areas Tiny Frog could improve?

I can only think of one thing. We had an initial face-to-face kickoff meeting, which was really helpful. We burrowed in and exchanged paperwork and ideas. Maybe in the middle of the process, it would have been good to have an additional face-to-face meeting, even a progress update or a middle-of-the-road meeting. If they had offered to come to our office or vice versa, just to see how things were going, that would have been helpful instead of emailing back and forth. But, it ended up being fine.

Overall Score It really was seamless. They did a good job. We're not website people; they are. Paperwork, billing, and customer service were fine. They're a good group. For the value we got from it, I'm very happy.
    A lot of it was them waiting to hear from us. I think milestone-wise (and this is a little self-reflection here), they could have pushed us a little harder to get them information sooner.
    The value that we're going to receive from the new website—as far as marketing, branding, and customer outreach—is well worth the service.
    They did well. The website looks great.
    If anybody asks, they'll 100% be the first name that comes up.

Responsive Site Design for Biotech Company

"The relationship was very collaborative and Tiny Frog was very responsive to what we were asking for."

Oct. 2016 - Apr. 2017

Tiny Frog designed and developed a modern, responsive website for a biotech company. Services included strategic insight, wireframing, inputting content, mobile-ready design, and five custom pages.

Business Development Manager, Biotech Firm

Early reviews of the site are very positive. Project management was a strong suit; progress was easily trackable through their project management tools. The Tiny Frog team made an excellent development partner in all regards; there were no areas for improvement.

The company sells genomic services and microarray products to the research community worldwide. I’m the business development manager. I run the daily operations of the US office.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tiny Frog?

We wanted a more modern, global, and responsive website to attract B2B customers.

We went through an overview phase in building the wireframes of the website and defining the look we wanted our website to have. We also discussed the general content that we wanted to cover as well as five custom pages. Lily helped us with that and was extremely helpful. The second phase was the design phase which Ben Valentine [Web Designer] helped us with. The third phase was with Jasmin Morales [Development Coordinator] who helped with gathering content and putting the actual site together using WordPress. The relationship was very collaborative and Tiny Frog was very responsive to what we were asking for. The site is mobile responsive.

How did you come to work with Tiny Frog?

We saw their reviews on Yelp. We had considered other companies but Tiny Frog did an excellent job in presenting what they were going to do. Mikel Bruce [CEO/Founder] had a lot to do with our decision. He’s very thorough and I like everything he had to say. He seemed very confident and I felt we could trust them.

We started working with them in October 2016, and we just launched the project in April 2017. I have a small staff internally so it took a long time to put the content together.

I don’t have metrics because we just launched this week. The internal staff who worked on the site are very happy.

How did Tiny Frog perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job. We had three main contacts that I already mentioned. We used GatherContent during the content phase. We used another tool where we could share the site as it was being worked on.

What did you find most impressive about Tiny Frog?

I was very happy with the whole process. They were great to work with. Lily was really great in helping with the strategy and content of a couple of the custom pages. We would get stuck and she would move the project along.