Dedicated Remote Development Teams

Gold

Tintash is a Stanford alumni led Web, Mobile Apps,  and Games Development agency preferred by smart entrepreneurs and innovation experts.

Since 2008, we’ve been innovation partners for startups and enterprises around the globe, and have delivered over a 100 projects. Our clients include DraftKings (a Unicorn), Bed, Bath, and Beyond (a Fortune 300 company), and LifePrint (an Apple Partner).

Our expertise in Backend development include Python, Node.js, ROR, and PHP. On Frontend development, we have expertise in ReactJS, Angular, Bootstrap, and Ionic and other libraries and frameworks.

On Mobile, our expertise includes native iOS and Android Development, Cross-platform development using ReactNative, and development using Unity.

We also provide Concept Art, UX,  UI Design, QA Testing (both manual and automated), and Project Management.

As a company, we value the success of our customers above everything else and strongly believe in the correlation of customer success to regular and thorough communication, collaboration, and transparency & visibility.

Client Testimony

“For all of our projects, Tintash has worked hard to deliver products on time. I’d argue that the quality of their work puts them above what we could find in Silicon Valley.”

- Head of Innovation, Bed Bath and Beyond

"They [Tintash] were flexible and adaptable to the problem and issues encountered, and very resourceful when dealing with issues."

- CTO, LifePrint

Key Offerings:

• POC and MVP development for web and mobile
  • Primary development teams: We set up teams for engineering, experience design, graphic design, and QA which function as primary development for our clients
  • Team extension: We provide our resources who work with our client’s existing teams in a team extension model

2008
Raleigh, NC
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
    Raleigh, NC 27604
  • 725 Shadman
    Lahore, P 54800
    Pakistan

Bed Bath and Beyond, DraftKings, LifePrint, Decorist, Embr Labs, Playdate Digital, Stick Sports, PillDrill, Forfit, DigitalPassport, EmpowHER, CommonSense Media, Sidebench, BitzerMobile, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, BBC Worldwide, RedBird Advanced Learning, and TombFinder

Lifeprint Image

Lifeprint

Lifeprint is  a printer’s companion app that combines all your photos from phone gallery, facebook albums, instagram and twitter. You can either take a new picture using your smartphone’s camera or load it from your instagram, facebook and twitter photos and share it to your followers. The ability to connect all your social platform accounts to your Lifeprint account gives a unique user experience where you get everything in one
app. You can invite your facebook friends, instagram and twitter followers and other contacts to join Lifeprint and follow them.

Lifeprint lets you refresh the old school experience of sending postcards and Polaroid photos to your loved ones back home from any part of world. All you need is to connect to mobile data network or Wifi and print the picture to any of your followers’ printer that is connected to Wifi. You can also carry the printer with you and use it as a Polaroid camera by connecting it to your phone via Bluetooth.
Ember Labs - Wristify  Image

Ember Labs - Wristify

A personal thermostat, directly on your wrist. EMBR Wave helps you feel colder or warmer so you can be more comfortable.

Bed Bath and Beyond Image

Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond app makes it easy to stock up and spruce up your home on the go. Find your favorite furniture and decor brands, pick up all of your household essentials (bedding, bath towels, cookware and more) and save big every time.

Decorist Image

Decorist

Automating Photorealism for Interior Design with a User-Friendly App

Decorist is a digital platform that matches customers with interior designers who can assist in designing rooms within individual style and budgetary constraints.

Raven by Stanfield Image

Raven by Stanfield

Raven is a platform for Real Estate Agents, By Real Estate agents, who want to replace big brokerages taking huge money off Agent’s Leads and their commissions. Raven allows agents to add their leads in our system and allow them to match their leads with leads of other agents using our Matching Algorithm.

DraftKings  Image

DraftKings

DraftKings is the market leader in the fantasy sports for cash market and offers daily and weekly mixed sports for real cash prizes.

Super Binge Image

Super Binge

Super Binge - Spree is the best new time killer with 100+ SCARY, ROMANTIC, THRILLER, and ADVENTURE chat stories and exciting text stories!

Ander Image

Ander

Ander is a total engagement approach that empowers employers and employees alike to achieve meaningful personal and professional improvements using the evidence-based, digitally enabled platform.

My Little Pony Image

My Little Pony

Create your own animated story starring Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack! Choose your favorite characters, props, and locations in Equestria and then add your own voice to narrate the tale.

Pick a pony!
Pick their co-star!
Pick a background and some props...
And you’re ready to yell “ACTION!”

Stick Cricket Image

Stick Cricket

Hit out or get out in the world’s most popular cricket game, Stick Cricket!
Easy to play yet hard to master, shot selection and timing are crucial to success.

Beat Bugs Image

Beat Bugs

The first interactive musical app from the Emmy Award-winning Beat Bugs series. A sing-along, play-along musical experience that lets you take the best part of the show with you. Made it to number 5 in the Best-selling Music app category.

Beat Bugs was Tintash’s first major 3D project in the ‘Games’ space. It was made entirely in Unity.

Beat Bugs was featured on the Apple Store in several countries upon release

in early 2018. In the American App Store, it was featured under ‘New Apps We Love’. It featured in the Recommended section on the Canadian App Store.

Care Karts Image

Care Karts

This side-scrolling racer starring the Care Bears characters is the ultimate Build it, Fuel it, Chase it Adventure!

Digital Passport Image

Digital Passport

On Digital Passport, kids will find their favorite kinds of games and activities like platform games, tools for creating digital mashups, and other fast-paced gobble 'em up games, all geared toward teaching them important lessons about digital life.

When kids complete all of the levels inside, they've earned a Digital Passport to online safety. Parents can rest assured that their kids will know how to search safely,

create robust passwords, participate in online communities responsibly, and use mobile devices sensibly.

Topics include:

• Passwords
  • Cyberbullying
  • Privacy
  • Communication
  • Creative Credit
  • Search

Named a "Top 10 Educational Technology You Should Try This Year," by eSchoolNews! Parents can check in on their kid's progress by accessing the report card inside, which tracks progress. They can also sit back and relax knowing they've provided a high-quality, educational game made by Common Sense Media®.

Available on: Google Play and App Store

One School Image

One School

OneSchool connects students to the places, things, and people around them; it’s the ultimate college experience in the palm of your hand. Features: Bus tracker, campus map, campus news, directory, courses, groups, chat and food

Engineering Team Augmentation for AI Development Company

"They’ve made my life so much better, and they’ve exceeded my expectations."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Tintash augments the development team at an agricultural AI company. They deliver a variety of front- and backend development projects to support the client's main product offerings.

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Co-Founder & CTO, AI Company

Tintash has successfully implemented a variety of enhancements. Flexible and dedicated, the team aims to resolve problems internally before involving the customer but is quick to reach out when necessary. Their depth of knowledge, coupled with their professional approach, sets them apart.

I’m the co-founder and CTO at an agricultural AI company. We offer sensors that can be used with animals to help farmers make decisions. There’s a lot of technology that goes with it, from the hardware to the cloud platform to the AI and machine learning to the app that we use to serve these insights to the farmer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We’re based in Amsterdam and have a pretty good team here, but it takes time and money to grow our resources as needed. It can be difficult to train your workforce and get them up to date on the latest tools and technologies that you’re using. For this reason, we wanted a company that could provide engineering team augmentation.

My main concerns were the speed at which we could deliver features on the app and the cost-effectiveness of the process. I was hesitant coming into the engagement, but my primary focus was giving my team some extra bandwidth to keep producing more features on the app.

I see them as an extension of my team here. I’ve had prior experiences with offshore development companies that saw more than enough challenges around communication. The first project I did with Tintash was just a trial, and it was completely independent of the rest of what we do. We were trying out some new hypotheses and a new feature set.

I was able to give it to them, and because they delivered on time, on budget, and to spec, I decided to extend it. Now we work in tandem. For example, we’ll have some of their guys focus on the backend features, while my guys will take the frontend features.

In other cases, Tintash is working on the frontend, and my guys are working on the backend. I have enough overlap across the two teams that I can expand and contract as needed. I also have this peace of mind that, in case one person is unavailable or sick, we can always find someone else from Tintash’s side.

We’ve been working on different product lines and new feature ideas. I also have a weekly sprint with Tintash compared to a monthly or quarterly rhythm that I can run with my guys. We currently have seven different projects across three distinct product lines that they’ve ramped up on.

I engage with the project manager and the developers directly if needed. My engagement with the developers is happening less and less because it’s not needed. There’s also elasticity in how quickly they can add and remove people from the team.

In terms of headcount, there’s anywhere from 3–5 people across QA, product management, program management, and the actual development. There are about 12 people that have come in and out, and some have stayed on the same project. It’s nice that I haven’t had to worry about who’s on it. Whenever they put somebody new on a project, it happens seamlessly.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

I went through five or six different outsourcing companies, and Tintash was right at the top for me. I know the co-founder; we attended the same college. I did an open call in an alumni group, and the other co-founder, who is also from that college, happened to be there. We didn’t know each other, but he told us we should try it out, and to their credit, they removed themselves from that initial evaluation process.

I met with my friend at the beginning and gave him full disclosure that I’m working with his guys. It has been very professional, which is something I was concerned about initially with having a personal relationship. I feared that there would be a conflict of interest, but they have kept lines of communication very clear and clean.

We’ve spent over $50,000.

We started working together in May 2019, and the work is ongoing.

In the beginning, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to take the risk, but it turns out the risk was worth it. Everything has improved.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve been pretty hands-on with what we’ve developed here. I built most of the stack and, at least the first versions, I made myself. I interacted with the developers a decent amount in the beginning. Now we’ve gotten to a point where I’ve worked myself out of a job, which is great.

I don’t have to be on every single design review, and the team kind of self organizes. I’m having more strategic, milestone-based discussions. Where there’s a tie, I go in as tie-breaker. I’m still generally in the loop as to what’s going on, but I rarely have to pull information. Most of the information is pushed to me.

The whole process is also very transparent. Every week’s sprint is clearly laid out because we’re always working on a very fixed set of deliverables. In some cases, where we’re just doing some prototyping, some new ideation, or just ramping up on the technology, we tend to keep it a little bit more fluid.

They take less than a week, sometimes just a couple days, to ramp up on the existing tech. They start contributing very quickly, and they’re very diligent about documentation and communication. If they’re stuck on a technical problem, I often don’t even hear about it. If they’re struggling with a semantic or design element, they let me know immediately so that I can jump in.

Initially, I thought I’d have to write a detailed SOW with specs, and that, if I mess up, they were going to build the wrong thing. I ended up drawing it out on a whiteboard, giving them detail about the code. They broke it down into what was needed in terms of the project and tasks, and they came up with workflows as well. We communicate via Slack, email, and Google Hangouts.

Communication has been excellent. They listen and get back to me to make sure the right expectations are met. The engineering is superior too. I think the best part is that it’s cheaper to use them than to hire someone full time. I can hire one or two guys for the amount of money that I pay Tintash for 3-5 guys, and it’d take three months to ramp them up before they start contributing.

I can’t think of anything. They’ve made my life so much better, and they’ve exceeded my expectations.

Give them as much or as little as needed, but be clear about what you want. There’s room for ambiguity, and they will always deliver to spec. If there’s some confusion, they’ll work very hard to disambiguate and to remove any lack of clarity. If you give them something that’s half-baked from an idea perspective, you might have to go through a few cycles.

I could have gotten more out of my engagement with them if I had spent a little more time initially planning. Some of the design stuff could have been done better, and that would have probably helped the project cost less money.

We had a situation where we needed to go in front of a client while they were stuck. It wasn’t critical, but they had to work through the weekend.
    The amount of money I pay goes quite a long way compared to hiring in-house.
    Everything was timely, within budget, and to spec.
    I’ve referred them to two of my colleagues.

3D Modeling Web App Dev for Interior Design Platform

"All of us here are very enthusiastic about our relationship with Tintash."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Tintash is developing a 3D modeling application for desktop environments. The team is building the app on Unity for both macOS and Windows.

VP of Engineering, Online Interior Design Company

Tintash’s work has been crucial to overall growth, and internal stakeholders are pleased with the design and functionality of the app. Organized and efficient, the team regularly delivers within short timeframes. They’ve displayed an ability to execute while negotiating external challenges.

I’m the vice president of engineering at an online interior design company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

The business problem that we're tackling is, essentially, creating a 3D modeling application for online interior design. We want to facilitate the interaction between our clients and our designers with an app that has an excellent UX. Our goal is to have a product that empowers our end users to create and share designs easily.

Tintash is developing the product from scratch. It’s a Unity app that runs on both Mac and Windows. Although we have an in-house product and design team, Tintash has, on occasion, provided UX expertise that has contributed to the overall functionality of the app.

As of right now, the product is certainly a power-user app for our vendors that have a background in design. It serves as a powerful tool for communicating ideas to clients. Our plan is to expand the functionality of the application to include more users.

We have one–if not two–project leads. I say that because we’ve had one project lead for a long time, and there’s been another who has facilitated in an associate capacity.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

I inherited the Tintash team from a predecessor, so I don’t know the details surrounding the initial decision to hire them. We’ve chosen to stick with them because they’re a fantastic partner.

We’ve spent somewhere between $200,000–$999,999.

I’m not sure exactly, but I believe that we started in March 2017. It’s been at least two years now.

They are instrumental—critical, even—for the success of our business. Their work has contributed to some initial versions that were essential towards proving out our idea.

If not for this partnership, we most likely would not have been able to pursue the ideas that are now central to our experience. At the very least, we would not have been able to accomplish this in such a cost-effective or strategic fashion without Tintash.

The usage of the product has been primarily internal at this point, and there’s certainly a feeling of delight amongst the handful of designers who have interacted with version one.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re a fantastic partner. Given the array of ideas, inputs, and requirements that they’ve had to manage, the team has done a terrific job of organizing their work to hit deadlines consistently. Both of our project leads have been phenomenal.

We use email fairly often and do a weekly check-in over Google Meet.

Execution is the first word that comes to mind. They organize themselves well and communicate effectively. Also, they’re routinely able to understand our intent and reflect it back to use to make sure that we’re in agreement. They’re also always able to implement our ideas.

We’ve continued to partner with them because they’re responsive and produce great work. They’ve also reacted in such a professional capacity throughout various challenging situations. Even with tight deadlines and limited resources, the team delivered exactly what we’ve asked. All of us here are very enthusiastic about our relationship with Tintash.

There is some room for improvement in terms of their communication skills. This is certainly a challenge with any remote, distributed team, especially one whose native language is not English. That’s the one thing that I can think of.

Tintash has proved to be a great partner. They execute and take direction very well. If the scope of the work is well understood, and the statement of work is well defined, then the relationship is likely to be a very fruitful one, for both sides.

Tintash does well when given general ideas, but you can’t expect them to deliver to your expectations if you provide them with a vision that is too broad and doesn’t include any details. I think that’s true for any distributed team.

Custom Software Dev for Multi-Industry Platform

"Tintash quickly understood our goals, constructively scoped the project, and built a team to deliver."

May 2018 - Feb. 2019

Using provided designs, Tintash developed a platform as native apps for Android and iOS devices. They also created account management features, tracking tools, and a wearable device.

Seattle Metro Area
Chris Toepker
COO, Head of Product, Ander,.ai

Tintash delivered high-quality work that met all deadlines and impressed stakeholders. The team went above and beyond to guide the UI/UX as well as build the product. Professionalism, timeliness, and the ability to grasp and execute requirements made for a smooth collaboration.

I’m the COO of Ander, a platform for businesses in various industries to connect to employees and customers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Tintash?

We needed a full-stack solutions partner that understood games and could work constructively—challenging assumption while delivering steady progress—as we worked with customers and provided services.

We wanted to bring our platform to life for our customers.

Tintash was our developer of record for the project. Using our designs, they performed native front- and backend development for apps in iOS and Android. They also created the services that powered the apps, including various account management and personal tracking tools as well as a wrist-wearable activity tracker. The tracker verifies and rewards participation through game-like mechanisms. Their team also made ways for the design team to create and automatically deliver new content.

The app takes feedback from a separately manufactured activity tracker. This was a tricky part to accomplish because the software development kit (SDK) lacked immaturity, and there were hidden assumptions about the data being sent to the app. Tintash steadfastly identified, troubleshot, and accurately scoped the issues and regularly delivered progress that impressed all stakeholders on our side.

Their team also actively contributed to our UX thinking and UI implementation, carefully taking our user stories and creating interaction maps, mockups, wireframes, and UI screens. Their work increased the speed of production. We were impressed with the way Tintash approached our problems together with us.

We worked with approximately two iOS developers, two Android developers, three backend developers, two QA testers, and two UI/UX specialists. A technical producer led the team.

Tintash was critical to our platform’s success. Our primary deliverable in the early stages was to prove capacity and capability to our stakeholders. With Tintash onboard, our designs quickly were realized, and we could demonstrate the product’s speed and quality. Their work allowed us to close investment and set up beta tests with combination investment-sales channel partners.

We completed the work using agile methodology. We used all Agile artifacts and had excellent communication through calls, Slack, and project management tools such as Jira and Confluence.

Tintash quickly understood our goals, constructively scoped the project, and built a team to deliver. We also appreciated how they well managed our expectations and their resources.

I can’t think of anything. We still work with their team, and we plan to work with them further.

We met every sprint and release goal we set.
    Their prices were super competitive compared to past vendors I’ve worked with.

iOS, Android & Web Dev for Real Estate Platform

"Tintash handled the complexity of our project with relative ease, which not all companies can do."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Tintash provides web and mobile app development services for a real estate technology platform. In addition to a React-based web app, they built iOS and Android products using Swift and Kotlin.

Irvine, California
CTO, Real Estate Technology

Tintash capably coordinated the development processes of products outside their standard portfolio. They offered valuable opinions regarding the practicality of the existing designs, and the team is receptive to frequent rounds of feedback. Organized and communicative, they are an ideal partner.

I am the CTO of a real estate technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We engaged Tintash to help us scale our engineering team quickly without having to go through the process of hiring and training engineers. We looked to Tintash to provide plug-and-play engineering resources for the development of our web and mobile applications.

We didn’t have any preexisting code for Tintash to build from, but we provided them with wireframes and specifications of what we wanted the platform’s design to be. We relied on Tintash to build native mobile apps for iOS and Android, using Swift and Kotlin, respectively, and the web app uses React. Tintash’s engineers helped determine which development options were practical based on our design.

The basis of our platform is that it connects buyers and sellers. While the latter is used to focus on lead management and perform team admin tasks, the mobile app is a much simpler product that allows users to manage leads remotely via push notifications and follow-up prompts.

We work with a group of about 12 people, which includes three iOS developers, three Android developers, two backend resources, one frontend engineer, and various project managers.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

We met with a few companies and held some discovery calls before our CFO introduced us to Tintash.

Our engagement began in August 2018 and remains ongoing.

We are thrilled with the product Tintash has delivered.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

We appreciate their flexibility and how communicative they have been. We use Slack for instant messaging and Jira for project management.

They specialize in mobile game development, so our project was quite a bit outside of their vertical, and yet they took what little context they had about the United States real estate market and quickly understood the problem we were trying to solve. That was pretty amazing. Tintash handled the complexity of our project with relative ease, which not all companies can do.

No, we are continually iterating on our processes to make them perfect. We go over possible improvements every other week, so if there is a problem, it’s already been remedied.

Every project is not going to be perfect, but having a high level of communication and transparency will go a long way toward helping teams work well together.

We were amazed at how affordable their resources are.

iOS & AR/VR Dev & Prototyping for National Retail Chain

"I am fond of the quality of their work and their willingness to be present as a team member."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Tintash provides development services on a range of projects for a national retailer. Their deliverables have included iOS mobile applications, AR/VR products, Python-based systems, and Unity gaming platforms.

Amra Tareen
Head of Innovations, Bed Bath & Beyond

Tintash has proven to be a reliable and committed development partner. They strive to deliver high-quality work on time. They are detail-oriented and make a concerted effort to integrate with existing teams. Tintash’s technical skill set is impressive, but their loyalty is most commendable.

I am the head of innovations at Bed Bath & Beyond, a large home goods retailer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We engage Tintash for various development and prototyping projects. We require an efficient full-stack development team.

Many of the details about our projects are confidential, but through our many engagements, Tintash has demonstrated their expertise while working with iOS mobile applications, a Unity gaming platform, a Python-based backend for creating 3D assets, and products utilizing AR/VR functionality.

Across all of our projects, we’ve worked with about 20 people.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

I worked with Tintash initially while previously working at a startup. I was so taken with their work that I asked them to partner with us on our many projects at Bed Bath & Beyond once I took my position here.

Tintash has worked on various Bed Bath & Beyond projects since March 2017. We have an ongoing relationship.

For all of our projects, Tintash has worked hard to deliver products on time. I’d argue that the quality of their work puts them above what we could find in Silicon Valley.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate well with Tintash through Google Hangouts and Jira. We’ve had no trouble whatsoever. They’ve been diligent in all matters, and that is sometimes hard to find in outsourcing teams.

I am fond of the quality of their work and their willingness to be present as a team member. They are committed and extremely loyal.

No, we have worked very well together. Truthfully, they should get out of outsourcing and start their own product company. They are well-equipped to do so.

Treat them as a part of your own team.

App Development for Text-Based Entertainment Company

"… they provide top-notch development work on schedule and on budget."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Tintash designed and developed an iOS/Android accessible mobile storytelling app. Their work continues with adding features, fixing bugs, and maintaining the platform overall.

Y.G. Sun
Co-founder, Super Binge Media

The app received overwhelmingly positive feedback. Tintash works diligently and follows direction well. They are a development firm that delivers quality results and customer satisfaction.

I am the co-founder of Super Binge Media. We are a mobile development and publishing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We were looking for someone to help us develop an app for iOS and Android.

The app that we have was fully developed by Tintash for both iOS and Android.

I provided the stack, pretty much down to the last detail, and they executed according to those specifications. The frontend displays a collection of stories, similar to books. If the user chooses to tap into one of those items, they start to read the story. The backend has all of the content, user data, and user behaviors. We have a tracking and AV testing framework built out so we can test different layouts of the app to optimize the UX to more desirable metrics, such as retention and monetization. The app launched earlier this year, and since then, they have added features, made tweaks, and supported the app.

We worked with two iOS developers, two Android developers, one server, one Q&A manager, and one project manager. As the project went on, and the majority of the features were developed, we had to cut some team members. We are currently working with four people: one iOS developer, one Android developer, one server, and one project manager.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

They were recommended to us by one of the company’s investors, who has a great relationship with them; it was an excellent choice.

We began working with them in September 2018, and it's an ongoing relationship.

The app has been performing very well. There have been very few app crashes. We haven’t had any user complaints on app functionalities.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

I think their project management style is great and I don’t have any complaints. They communicate very clearly to make sure that everyone is on the same page at all times. We have two-week sprints planned out, and every two weeks there are a set of features that need to be delivered. They also conduct periodic feedback sessions, every month or so, to gauge how we feel and how the project is going. We have very honest and candid discussions. They are able to allocate the best resources to us, given the constraints we have.

I relay the design to the project manager because he has more experience with what people want in the app and what things need to be developed. He relays those requests to the developers. Often times, when the developers have very specific questions, they will ping me and we will resolve things quickly. It has been a positive experience overall. We used Slack, email, and have a video conference call almost every day.

Based on my previous experience, I am especially happy with their commitment to timelines. Before working with Tintash, when working with internal teams or other outsourced third parties, they were frequently late with deliverables. That did not happen with Tintash; I don’t think they have missed a deadline.

No, they provide top-notch development work on schedule and on budget. There isn’t a whole lot of back and forth on editing things because they always communicate and make sure that you get exactly what you want.

The first thing I would think about is whether both teams are in a similar time zone, where there are overlapping work hours. That makes the project smoother overall.

Overall Score It has been great.
    Out of 20 sprints we have had, there may have been one delay. Other than that, everything was on time and on schedule.
    They didn't go over budget. They are the best value with the budget I had.
    - They are very good on all fronts with both deliverables and quality of the work.

iOS & Android Development for Strategy Agency

“Resourcing with them is great… they have a very predictable resource capacity.”

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

Tintash develops iOS, Android, and Unity apps and software for a creative agency, augmenting their internal team. They collaborate on coding and project-specific features and support company partnerships.

Culver City, California
Dir. of Technology, Digital Agency

Their involvement has expanded B2B relationships. They are diligent in their scheduling and communicate regularly. They stand out among other development teams for their quality and consistency.

We are a creative agency that builds custom software for enterprise and startup clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We work with offshore development teams in a hybrid development capacity to augment our internal team. Our lead in-house engineers architect appropriate solutions and work with developers to fulfill software designs.

They’ve done iOS and Android development for a few of our projects. The bulk of the work we do with them is for a large U.S. healthcare company. We worked together to write the code, and they did all the development. We complete the design specifications and API requirements on our side, as provided by our clients.

These apps act as portals for users to take actions or see information related to their healthcare or provider. They can schedule appointments, change primary care physicians, or see lab results. We leverage mapping features, keychain functionality, and biometric security to ease user authentication. The app has to be HIPAA compliant, since it touches on a lot of personal health information. We also worked with a team of three on a smaller Unity software project that has since ended.

We work with six to eight people. The Unity project was a smaller team of about three.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

The search process was completed before I joined the company. My colleagues were impressed by their communication skills. We keep in close contact with their COO, who travels to meet with us at least once a year. They also have competitive rates and offer good quality for those rates.

We’ve spent somewhere between $250,000–$500,000.

The partnership started around September 2014 and is ongoing.

They continuously do software development for this larger project. Their partnership has helped us cultivate and substantially expand the account with this healthcare provider.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

We generally manage the projects internally and work directly with their developers. They send daily scrum updates and diligently stick to the schedule and update us whenever something is blocking them. They’re on top of the process and we’re happy with their operations.

Resourcing with them is great, especially compared to some of our other development teams. They have a very predictable resource capacity, which is helpful for our planning purposes. Their development matches the rates we pay them.

We’ve had positive and negative experiences with the development quality. We recently took them off of Android development to focus solely on iOS. We’re very happy with their Unity and iOS developers, but their Android developers gave us mixed results.

They can execute any task that is well-defined and straightforward. Be very explicit when explaining your design and avoid excessive complexity if you can. Our projects have been relatively successful because we take a hands-on project management approach. It’s helpful to get on the phone with them. Their English is good and they make themselves available for weekly calls.

Augmented iOS Developers for Personal Closet App

“They communicated clearly, coordinated with us effectively, and kept us updated with daily reports.”

July 2017 - Feb. 2018

Tintash provided additional development resources for a team in the process of creating a native iOS app with social sharing functionality.

Culver City, California
Project Manager, Immersive Tech Co.

Tintash worked collaboratively and delivered on time and on budget. Their project management was very attentive, and extensive internal code reviews have confirmed a very high quality of work.

I am a project manager and the principal engineer at a software development company with a focus on augmented/virtual reality. We also provide more typical software solutions for a range of companies, from startups to fully-fledged enterprises.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We were working on an iOS project that required resources we were unable to provision internally.

Tintash provided us with additional developers that helped us in executing the project, and we managed them internally. We gathered product specifications and user stories and worked with them to prioritize, implement, and ultimately deliver. It was a very close collaboration despite the distance between our two companies.

The project we were working on was a virtual closet app that allows users to take photographs of their wardrobe and create outfits out of them. Users can also create style presets and share them with friends through the app. Its share functionality was a key priority, and we needed it to be seamless.

I worked with two developers, one QA specialist, and one project manager. We asked for developers that were most competent and most interested in this project, and they certainly delivered on that request.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

We were referred to them by someone internally. We were evaluating other companies, but we ultimately went with Tintash due to their immediate availability.

We’ve invested $25,000-$50,000.

We started working together in July of 2017, and we are set to conclude the engagement by the end of February. Tintash has fulfilled all obligations and delivered on all requirements.

From a logistical perspective, they were both on time and on budget, which are key. In terms of their quality of output, after extensive internal code reviews, we’ve had no complaints whatsoever.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. They communicated clearly, coordinated with us effectively, and kept us updated with daily reports. We used a combination of Slack and Jira for daily communication/task management.

They’re very good at following directions and sticking to a plan. I’ve worked with many developers in the past and many have worked too independently in working through backlogs, often diverging from expectations and ignoring important parameters. We did not have this problem with Tintash.

There were some situations in which the team may have been unsure about certain aspects of the project but went ahead without asking questions or providing suggestions. We valued their input and wanted to see them be a bit more forthcoming when there were issues.

Advice for potential customers?

Do everything you can to define your requirements and specifications as clearly as possible before going into the engagement. Any ambiguity is an invitation for possible shortcomings.

Augmented App Development for Eye-Tracking Software

"Tintash delivers work at a good value, and they are extremely responsive and flexible."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Tintash worked in conjunction with an in-house team to develop an Android tablet application for a cloud-based medical device. The partnership is ongoing, including initial work on an app for iOS.

Palo Alto, California
CTO, Software Company

Thanks to the account manager’s communication and organization, the development process went smoothly and they delivered the products within the deadline. Their UI work was of an especially high quality, their collaboration has been effective, and they are viewed as a critical part of the team.

I am the Chief Technology Officer of a company whose main product is a cloud-connected and portable medical device.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We needed assistance on Android development, and at the time we were building up our in-house team.

In the beginning, our Tintash resource was primarily focused on the user interface (UI) development. We have two Android apps—one for virtual reality presentation and one for administrative control and user management on a tablet—and they did a first draft of the UI for the latter. They also built some data model into the app, and then we transitioned that resource to being in-house for full development of the app.

A few things overall in which they were involved for this specific project include user management, the authentication and device connection workflow (minus the actual authentication backend), and the creation of member profiles. More recently, they assisted us with a proof of concept on the iOS platform for data collection, and we are in the midst of interviewing a candidate from Tintash for web development.

Initially, our team was made up of a mix of Tintash and some outsourced help, which evolved to Tintash and an in-house team as we completed that process. During this first project with Tintash, we worked with one developer and Jazib Zahir [COO, Tintash], who was our account manager and oversaw most of the coordination between our teams. Currently, we also use a design resource from them to help generate some UI expansion, as well as our user manual and some marketing materials.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

An engineering colleague personally recommended them, and we hired Tintash based on that advice.

We have invested somewhere around US$50,000.

We began working together around March of 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

We have been deploying the application since the summer of 2017, and the user feedback has been universally positive since then.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

They were particularly strong at project management. Jazib is very good about keeping track of timelines, deliverables, and the overall communication between stakeholders. Otherwise, we largely kept the task management in-house.

They were critical to the early development of our primary application, particularly with regard to its UI, and thereafter produced a polished production application. Additionally, their communication is especially good, and they are well organized. Tintash delivers work at a good value, and they are very responsive and flexible. Overall, they are extremely good at delivering what you set out for them.

During the course of the project, we did feel that we needed a senior developer managing the architecture. It has been a long time since we began that specific process, but I believe I had the impression that such a resource was not available to us, although having one would have been useful.

Make sure that you have a high-level review, and request a senior developer to guide the process.

B2B English Language Learning App Development

“They are one of the strongest partners we’ve worked with.”

May 2016 - May 2017

Tintash expanded a previous developer’s code of an iOS and Android compatible application. They also incorporated speech recognition and character animation features.

Dublin, Ireland
Founder, IT Company

Tintash utilized Sprints in an effective manner, ultimately allowing for a more progressive and transparent development process. Their consistency and ability to deliver by deadline was impressive, as well as their dedication to fixing bugs in short amounts of time.

I’m the founder and CEO of a startup IT company which develops English learning software for business professionals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Tintash?

We needed to develop a proof of concept or MVP (minimum viable product).

We had a rough code base from where we’d done some development before, but Tintash extended it and added some features that we requested. The platform is a mix between an application and a game. They were able to implement the various features regarding speech recognition and character animation. The app was developed for iOS, but because we use Unity, it is a cross-platform that’s also compatible with Android.

We had our own UX designer who put mockups together, and then Tintash worked from those. It wasn’t quite ready to release after they’d done the work. Our business model is B2B, so the app was a little different in that it wasn’t going to be released to the App Store. We wanted to sell to companies, which required us to do a bit of extra work afterwards.

We worked with four people in total. Their main developer was involved for the first couple of Skype calls and Sprint planning, but then he was called onto other projects. He left it to another developer, and we worked with them for the remainder of the project. He was more of a junior developer, but equally able.

How did you come to work with Tintash?

We wanted a company that had game development experience. At the time, I was looking to outsource development, and a contact here in Ireland recommended Tintash. I’d heard good reports on them, so I decided to contact them.

We spent around $8,000.

We began working together in May of 2016, and the project was completed in May of 2017.

Our company sells software to Japanese companies, and we do many of our business development sales directly to our networking departments.

We hired a CTO who designed the main software architecture, and then Tintash worked with that. There were a number of things they were really helpful with. An issue we had was the size of the images that we were using for the display-based animation. Many of the image files and download sizes were really big, but they were able to redesign it in such a way that compressed everything and made it more efficient.

How did Tintash perform from a project management standpoint?

They were pretty good. They were available full-time on the project, but were also juggling with other clients’ project. This may have caused deadlines to slip a bit. To be fair, I’m sure we also contributed to that by changing requirements or having them wait on our design decisions. In general, they were good and they work quickly.

I hadn’t really used Jira before, but they are pretty good in getting everything together into Sprints. They are one of the strongest partners we’ve worked with. They were very diligent in dividing all of their time and tasks on the system, which made it very easy to see the work that was done.

They are reliable. They are very quick to kick off Sprints or projects, and are also consistent. I could rely on them to have features or bugs fixed in a short amount of time, which was usually a couple of days or a week. This was really important. Many developers can be a bit more undependable, but Tintash was quite reliable in terms of finishing things.

They might not be so strong on the QA side. I didn’t budget them to do any QA, but I’m sure they would have done it at an extra cost. We tended to do the QA on our side, and then test the features they’d done. We had some trouble with a system where extra levels could be downloaded, and there was a range of bugs that we had to go back and fix.

There are a lot of important things which need to be prepared and decided on in the beginning so that Tintash can just get to work. This eliminates the need for them to wait around for decisions to be made or for tasks to be completed. Changing things halfway through a project will just waste time.

Gold