Strategic/creative agency for startups & small biz

We solve creative problems and build brand foundations for early-stage startups and growing businesses.

We pride ourselves on combining strategic rigor and business acumen with the finest in visual design and aesthetics.

We work with founders and creative leaders from a wide range of industries, focusing on close collaboration and thoughtful iteration, always keeping our clients’ target audiences in mind as we co-create engaging brand experiences.

2018
New York, NY
  • 128 Thompson Street #1E
    New York, NY 10013

Human Results, Google, AeroSafe, Allied American, NYCEDC, The Mill, PetWell Partners, Chaffetz Lindsey, Cerimani

Website Redesign for B2B Brand Marketing Consultancy

"They were able to hit the design bull's-eye quickly and painlessly, requiring no hand-holding to get the job done."

July - Sept. 2019

Thompson & Prince designed a new logo and website for a boutique B2B consultancy, aiming for a sophisticated, contemporary feel. They started their work after a collaborative discovery phase.

Tom Cunniff
Managing Partner, Cunniff Consulting

The team delivered a design that accurately represents the company on a tight schedule and budget. Attentive and proactive, they communicated effectively to ensure a smooth process. Their diligence allowed the client to take a more hands-off role when needed.

I'm the founder and managing partner of a boutique B2B brand marketing consultancy.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

Our company website was several years old and badly needed a refresh. Additionally, our original logo was dated.

We needed a website that would look and feel sophisticated and contemporary, with a blog that would be simple for us to update on our own as the company grows.

I posted to a few online creative forums, explaining what was needed and asking for recommendations. It was immediately clear that Thompson & Prince had the right talent for the job. There was no second choice that came close.

I provided a few examples of sites I liked and explained why I felt those sites would be a good model. Thompson & Prince were great at picking up on the important design cues and led the process quickly and effectively.

My primary point of contact was Chris, the company's founder. It was easy to develop a quick shorthand that enabled us to move ahead quickly.

There was no objective metric for success. The goal was to find a design that felt right – which actually makes this type of project particularly hard to manage on a tight budget. But Thompson & Prince was able to deliver.

I never had to keep after them, but will confess they needed to keep after me here and there

They were able to hit the design bullseye quickly and painlessly, requiring no hand-holding to get the job done. That ability is worth its weight in gold for someone like me who needs to stay focused on serving my own clients. I'd work with them again in a second.

I can't think of a single thing they could have done better.

Painless.
    Unbeatable for this kind of quality.
    They delivered a great-looking site, fast.
    Thomson & Prince is a rare find.

Visual Content & Design for Investment Deck

“If we could work with all of our service providers in the same way I would be really happy.”

July - Aug. 2018

Thompson & Prince developed a marketing PowerPoint deck for an investment management company. They engaged in an intensive 10-day drafting process before a longer tweaking process to perfect the product.

Managing Partner, Investment Management Firm

Feedback on the product delivered by Thompson & Prince has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to increases in business for both parties. The development process was intense but extremely productive, providing substantive feedback that improved the final result.

I’m the managing partner of an investment management business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We needed to create a marketing presentation to give to our prospective investors, employees, and service providers.

They helped out in pretty much every part of the process. We did a lot of copywriting, but Chris was instrumental in helping us synthesize what we were trying to say. In a lot of cases, he was able to create powerful visuals that communicated what we wanted to say verbally in a very effective way through PowerPoint as well.

I know Chris had a team supporting him, but we just worked with him, so the back and forth was very seamless for us.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

Chris had been recommended to us by somebody who worked with us before who had also worked with him in the consulting world. My partner suggested we sit down with Chris and listen to his value proposition, and sort of go through a brainstorming session so that we established a common vocabulary as early on as possible. In a lot of cases, you don’t have the opportunity to test that before you hire someone, so being able to develop that relationship was key for us.

We invested around $10,000.

The entire engagement was probably about six weeks from our first meeting, so in the end, we worked from July–August 2018.

We’ve received universally positive feedback. In a few cases, people have even solicited Chris’s information because they wanted to work with him after seeing what he did with us, including our biggest service provider. The feedback has been very, very positive.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was exceptional. The process was intense but fairly painless. While we were working on the PowerPoint it was pretty consistent from day to day that we would turn in materials and edits by 6:00 pm and get a draft back by the next morning and work on them again until that evening and repeat the process.

We would be on the phone once a day for anywhere from 10–30 minutes and have more comprehensive conference calls 2–3 times a week. Working together was always a very positive experience because the intensity drove very high-quality work and ensured that everybody was on the same page about exactly what needed to be done and when.

I couldn’t limit to just one thing, but the two things I thought were most impressive were the consistency and the thoughtful feedback. He was able to manage timelines perfectly while dealing with three constituent groups, and he was always able to make substantive, critical comments without ruffling feathers in any way.

I don’t have anything to improve. If we could work with all of our service providers in the same way, I would be really happy.

I would just advise anyone working with them to go in expecting the service to be a focused sharpening and translational mechanism rather than of a more concept-oriented service.

Overall Score They were by far the best service provider we had.
    They are not the lowest cost, but they deliver exceptional value.

Naming Project for FinTech Consulting Firm

"The ability to understand our industry, competitors, goals, and objectives was great."

Mar. - June 2019

Thompson & Prince provided naming support. They supplied a variety of relevant options after conducting in-depth research.

Billy Haque
Managing Director, Everstell

Although there are no metrics on the success of the name, Thompson & Prince accomplished the project's goals and fulfilled the business' needs. As a partner, they were quick, organized, and skilled. Though more continuous updates could be helpful, they were an efficient team.

We're a startup FinTech consulting firm specializing in fin-tech analytics for the CFO function.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

Thompson & Prince provided us with the necessary (and very extensive) "ideation", research, and guidance to select a unique, differentiated, and defensible brand naming for our new company.

The process was well structured and super organized. T&P totally got it from the beginning and instantly understood our industry, business model, goals, and objectives.

They were a referral from an amazing Executive Coaching and HR consulting firm: “Human Results” led by Swati Doshi.

They provided us with a naming strategy over multiple rounds, providing many targeted and relevant name options. They did the end to end research and ideation for the names.

The T&P team

As of now, we don't have any metrics.

They were very effective. They catered to the size of our project pace.

The ability to understand our industry, competitors, goals, and objectives was great. T&P was able to speak our language and instantly resonate with us.

Nope. Providing additional options were above and beyond and icing on the cake. The process and ability to really hone-in our needs was impressive. T&P are rockstars!

Overall Score Thompson & Prince provided us with the necessary (and extensive) "ideation", research, and guidance to select a unique, differentiated, and defensible
    Thompson & Prince was very accommodating and worked at a good pace
    Cost was just on point and leaves the opportunity to explore more options with T&P.
    Quality of the options provided and work products were of the highest nature.
    100%

Website Dev, Design, & Branding for Multiple Companies

"Their attention to detail is impressive."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Thompson & Prince provides copywriting services, refines logo and branding guidelines, fonts, and helps with technical updates on multiple websites on an ongoing basis.

Robert Knighton
Co-Founder, ViVODOMi

Thompson & Prince’s efforts continuously receive positive acclaim, and their future success is promising. The team has a deep knowledge of the guidelines that are required for branding, website development, and SEO. They always offer insightful advice and explain their logic in understandable terms.

I am the co-founder of ViVODOMi, a premier concierge services firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We needed help with website development as well as design and branding for several companies.

I have worked with them on projects for three different companies.

Chris (Founder & CEO, Thompson & Prince) did the copy for my concierge company where I am the co-founder and head of operations.

He also did the logo and branding guidelines for a rebranding of our other company, and they are currently working on some website updates for us. We had worked with a brand strategist and then I needed it to be more refined. I asked Chris to help refine the logo and branding guidelines, fonts, and also help with some technical updates on the website that we didn’t know how to do. These included making sure it was in line with our branding guidelines that Chris created for us, and also making sure it loaded quicker with the images with enhanced user experience.

They are also creating my new company’s website and copy from the ground up. We recognized it was an opportunity to refine it and get it a little more dialed in and being clearer and more focused on what our message was on the website because it wasn’t converting.

We began with me telling him what my idea was for the company and Chris created the feel for the brand, the logo, as well as the branding guidelines. We then went into crafting the website and he is working with his team now to build out the website for me, copy, the look and feel.

Chris has been my main point of contact. I know he has a team, but I am unsure of how many people work on the projects.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

I had a mentor who referred Chris to me. He had used Chris on some projects. Even since then, I have been using Thompson & Prince because I like Chris’ attention to detail and the way he views things which is totally different than the way I do.

I have spent at least $10,000.

We began working together in December 2018, and the work is ongoing.

I do feel better about the quality of the copy that we are putting out there as a result of what Chris has done for us. It is the same as far as the branding he is doing for us, as it is very clear, focused, and eventually, we will start to see the results of a cohesive brand image as we get bigger as we are a small boutique brand right now. It has translated well as far as the confidence of the brand I am portraying to our clients. It is clear, cohesive, and professional. For me, that has been the value add more so than translating to dollars. I can’t wait to see how our latest work together turns out because that is going to be where I really start to see the true value in the work Chris has done because it is something, he has truly built from the ground up for me.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

He performs pretty well. He is very disciplined, and you can tell he is organized. He always makes sure he is clear about what you want, and if he is not clear, he will ask a ton of questions. I definitely think he is professional in that manner, and he is very detailed which is something I like. As far as project management goes, I am very happy with how smooth it seems, at least from my end.

We use Google Docs to collaborate. We also do conference video calls when he presents things like the logo and branding guidelines to us so that we can ask questions and provide feedback there. We also use email on a daily basis, and we can jump on a quick call if needed.

Their attention to detail is impressive. I also like the fact that Chris has a really good knowledge of guidelines that are required for branding and also the website and SEO. He is also good at coaching through the work. If I say I like something, he will have his suggestions and opinions on why he thinks it might not be a good idea and will explain why it might be better to do something another way which I like. For me, that is why I go back to him. I feel confident that I am going to get very clear and professional work, and also learn something in that process.

This is something he is aware of, so he may have improved already, but if I had to give something it would be more around the customer service aspect of the way he gives direct feedback. He could soften up on his customer skills a little bit. You can definitely tell he is someone who doesn’t mince words. He may not sugar coat things and his delivery can come across harsh at certain points which is fine as that is one of the things, I like about working with him because he is very honest. However, it could rub someone the wrong way, and even me sometimes, but I do recognize where it comes from.

Google Docs is not my favorite tool as I am someone who likes conversations versus going back and forth in a document or email. Sometimes things can be misinterpreted in a document, especially if you are someone like Chris who can be very literal or exact and detailed. If you say something, he goes by that in a document versus how it feels across a phone conversation or a video. If things don’t come across clearly in the document, instead of going back and forth via the document, maybe just jump on a call. I do think he does it that way because it is probably more efficient for him, but it can get a little annoying clarifying things through the document versus just having a phone call to make it clear. Other than that, he does great work and I can’t wait to do more projects.

Find out from Thompson & Prince what you need to have upfront before you start so you don’t hold up the process. There are some things you have to devote time to that is needed for Chris to be able to move forward.

A lot of that was done with a couple of my projects, and there wasn’t a lot needed from him. When we built my site from the ground up, I feel like there was a lot more that Chris has needed from me in order for him to move forward. Be clear about what you think you need to have before you start. That way, when you get going, you aren’t holding up the process.

Branding Refresh for Law Group

"Chris (Founder) is clearly passionate about what he does, and he takes a strategic and disciplined approach..."

Nov. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Thompson & Prince designed a new company logo and a PowerPoint template. For the latter, they consolidated preferences from various internal stakeholders and provided multiple theme options.

Ellen Page
Director of Business Development & Marketing, Chaffetz Lindsey LLP

The deliverables continue to elicit positive comments month after delivery, testifying to Thompson & Prince’s ability to please diverse stakeholders. They possess both an obvious energy and the ability to communicate clearly. Their flexibility was particularly helpful.

I am the Director of Business Development and Marketing for Chaffetz and Lindsey LLP, an elite, 40-person dispute resolution boutique based in New York City. We have an international presence and specialize in international arbitration, insurance/reinsurance disputes, and domestic commercial litigation.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

We used Thompson & Prince to design an anniversary logo and redesign our firm's PowerPoint template.

We were mid-website redesign with another design firm we didn't love. Our PowerPoint template was in desperate need of an overhaul, but we needed something that was compatible with the current site and would look good with the direction we were going on the new site. It was a tricky project given the constraints and the level of input the lawyers insisted on having, despite their limited experience in design. We also needed a logo for our 10th anniversary. This was equally challenging given the competing ideas our team had for the final outcome.

We had used a few design firms for various projects over the years. None of them knocked our socks off. I crossed paths with Chris Gorges through some online networking and was convinced he could provide us with something that was a bit edgier than the firm had previously considered. Chris came in and presented to our team, and we were impressed with his credentials, his ideas, and the general compatibility we had as a group. He understood what we were trying to accomplish and worked hard to help us understand the strategy behind the design decisions we were making.

We provided Thompson & Prince with a rather rigid set of guidelines for this project. Despite us not having a clear idea of what we wanted, Chris and his team patiently saw us through the process of clarifying our vision. He presented us with three amazing PowerPoint templates that made it difficult to decide which one to choose. But once we reached consensus, we went through two more of more detailed choices resulting in a template that floored our firm's partners.

The T&P team also presented us with great options for an anniversary logo. For this aspect of the project, they listened carefully to what we wanted and exceeded our expectations in returning a collection of options. We were pleased with the final outcome, and the speed with which we were able to complete the process.

We worked directly with Chris Gorges, who managed our projects from start to finish. I believe he worked with a couple of different designers between our projects, but from our perspective, the process was seamless and neither project was negatively impacted if there were changes in designers.

The most notable outcome is the positive reaction from my internal team. Our biggest challenge as a firm (with regard to most of our marketing projects) is finding a consensus on design. The fact that I'm still receiving compliments on the new PowerPoint template six months later speaks volumes of their satisfaction.

Neither of these projects was overly complex. We managed the process through email, and it was seamless and efficient.

We found T&P to be easy to work with and fun. Chris is clearly passionate about what he does, and he takes a strategic and disciplined approach to each project. His guidance is practical and crystal clear. We asked him to give us options that we thought we wanted in addition to what he would give us if given no restrictions, and we loved the results. He and his team did a brilliant job of interpreting our vision. They also met their deadlines, which was important for keeping the project moving.

I can't think of anything notable that stands out. If anything, I feel like my team's indecisiveness created any issues that arose, but Chris and his team handled it like pros and provided us with terrific customer service from start to finish.

New Website & Branding for Insurance Servicing Company

“Their strong attention to detail helped us market ourselves better in our industry.”

Jun. - Dec. 2018

Thompson & Prince redesigned a website on WordPress, along with a logo, email signature block, and other branding elements as needed.

Tampa, Florida
Joseph Jones
Chairman & CEO, Allied American USA

Thompson & Prince did an exceptional job of grasping business goals and designing elements that effectively communicate stronger messaging. In addition to the quality of their work, they were also flexible, collaborative, and proactive in communications throughout the engagement.

I'm the chairman and CEO of Allied American USA, a company that provides service work and investigations involving various types of insurance claims for companies across the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We initially reached out to Thompson & Prince to redesign our website and then to provide some additional branding work.

Thompson & Prince designed and developed a website on WordPress, using some of the content we provided. They also redesigned our logo, an email signature block, and some other brand messaging, while consulting us on ways to better position ourselves in the marketplace.

We mainly worked with Chris (Founder and CEO, Thompson & Prince).

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

I knew of Chris through a mutual friend, so I was already familiar with his business. He was very attentive and took the time to understand our business needs from the start, which distinguished him from other vendors.

We invested between $10,000–$20,000.

We worked together between June–December 2018.

We've received a lot of positive feedback on our website overall. Chris did an exceptionally good job of taking the time to understand our business and what sets us apart from our competitors. He provided a lot of helpful feedback and pushback when necessary as I developed and provided content.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very accommodating and flexible around our schedule as we became busy with other tasks. Chris sent us reminders to help keep us on track throughout the process, diligently working around a set agenda. We primarily spoke through email and over the phone.

In addition to the quality of their work, they're very good about taking the time to understand client business challenges and goals. Their strong attention to detail helped us market ourselves better in our industry.

I don't really have any constructive feedback. I've worked with other design firms, but Thompson & Prince was able to do more by comparison.

Take advantage of Chris' branding and messaging expertise, because he's good at figuring out what it takes for a company to stand out in a competitive marketplace. Spending time with him in the beginning to work on broad branding strategies is will help make the rest of the process more seamless.

If there were any delays, they were on our end.
    They provided a good value for what we invested.
    They delivered extremely good work overall.

Marketing Materials Design for HR Firm

"I'm beyond thrilled with my logo and business cards."

Jan. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Thompson & Prince designed a logo, business card, and stationery. They surveyed target audiences and presented several rounds of revisions.

Swati D. Doshi
Founder & Managing Director, Human Results

The marketing materials perfectly fulfilled the company's needs while conveying a smart, elegant visual identity. Thompson & Prince transformed a rough vision into functional designs. Their attention to detail, supportive guidance, and sophisticated skills made the whole process effortless.

I'm the founder and managing director of Human Results, an HR consulting and coaching firm working with tech companies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

While building a company, I was too busy to think about marketing and visual identity. I hired Thompson & Prince to create my logo and other elements of my visual identity.

I wanted a logo that was professional, welcoming, and clean. I also wanted to leverage consistent colors and fonts across stationery and templates. Having a modern, fresh look and feel was important to my confidence in growing the company.

I met the founder at a workshop and was impressed with his mix of creative and strategic work experience. That discussion was instrumental in showing me the importance of visual identity and proper marketing. I wasn't planning to invest resources in a visual identity, but he gave me a free concept that spoke to me.

After better understanding their approach, background, and previous work, I reviewed their packages. The package they offered for a logo, business cards, and stationery was more reasonable and worthwhile than a cheaper, less personalized option.

Thompson & Prince worked with me to survey my target audiences and understand the elements we should include in my visual identity. We went through several rounds of design and color selection. The founder worked with me personally to ensure that I felt comfortable with the weight, style, and colors. He went above and beyond to implement my own vision, rather than forcing me to choose from their ideas.

The founder was my main contact and the project lead. He translated my vision for the other graphic designers on his team.

I'm beyond thrilled with my logo and business cards. I love having the flexibility to swap their colors to match those of my clients. It's professional and fun, but also clever and simple.

It was fine. It might have been more efficient if I weren't as particular, indecisive, and reliant on their expertise. I greatly appreciated their efforts to meet my needs while providing expert guidance and direction. They kept the project on track.

They have great attention to detail and style, and their founder has an eye like no other. The entire process felt like a partnership, which I genuinely appreciated. I wouldn't have been satisfied if they didn't accommodate my personality and specific needs. I appreciated not only their creative prowess but also their ability to think strategically!

Because the founder is a kind person who takes pride in his work, he should draw lines quickly to limit scope creep. Many clients are seeking their expertise, so they should give direct feedback. Sometimes the client isn't right!

Thompson & Prince was responsive and prompt.
    I'm beyond pleased with my logo, business cards, and brand guidelines.
    I have already referred them to several colleagues and clients.

Web Dev & Branding Services for Investment Firm

"They took the initiative to learn my business and clientele to understand my requirements."

Mar. - June 2019

Thompson & Prince developed a new brand image from scratch, including a logo, print assets (e.g., business cards), a website, and a revamped investor presentation design.

Managing Partner, Investment Firm

They delivered all materials as requested, taking the time to learn about the business in the process. Even when the project started to slow down from internal stakeholders, Thompson & Prince put in the effort to maintain an efficient pace.

Investment firm, and I am managing partner and portfolio manager

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

logo and brand development, website development, business card/materials development, investor presentation enhancment

delivery of product including logo, website and materials

Referral and phone discussion

Full development of these resources from scratch

Chris and other team members; Chris was point of contact

Website is in exact form requested, other materials in excellent shape

Excellent

Speed, thoughtfulness. They took the initiative to learn my business and clientele to understand my requirements. Kept the progress even when I was slowing the process down. Excellent work.

Nothing I can think of