Branding & design for startups & small businesses

We solve creative problems and build brand foundations for early-stage startups and growing businesses.

We pride ourselves on combining strategic rigor and business acumen with the finest in visual design and aesthetics.

We work with founders and creative leaders from a wide range of industries, focusing on close collaboration and thoughtful iteration, always keeping our clients’ target audiences in mind as we co-create engaging brand experiences.

2018
Raleigh, NC
  • 205 W Davie Street, #602
    Raleigh, NC 27601

Human Results, Google, AeroSafe, Allied American, NYCEDC, The Mill, PetWell Partners, Chaffetz Lindsey, Cerimani, Storyhunter, Betr Health, Med Aditus, Polly Cooks, Talty Bar, Selene, Wilber's Barbecue

Logo Design for Pastry Chef & Company

“His attentiveness made it feel like I was working with one of my best friends.”

July - Aug. 2020

Working with loose concepts from an existing website and Instagram, Thompson & Prince assisted a pastry chef in creating a brand logo. In their iterative process, they presented several design options.

Paulette Goto
Owner, Polly Cooks & Eats

Exceeding expectations, the team delivered a number of impressive design options. The final logo is now used to bolster the growing brand through its inclusion on stamps, stickers, and other collateral. Their professionalism and expertise in design elements added significant value.

I’m the founder and owner of a food and dessert company. We do custom cakes, cake lessons, and food matchmaking for those looking to give food-related gifts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We needed a logo to begin marketing.

I knew I needed a logo but didn’t have too many ideas to provide them at the start. However, I was able to show them my old website along with some ideas from Instagram. They took those ideas and designed a logo that fit those criteria. He provided me with several design options to choose from along the way.

I worked directly with Chris (Founder).

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

I heard of them through a friend and looked up their site online. While I’m not a designer, I was impressed with their site, so I reached out.

We worked together in July–August 2020.

I liked every design option he showed me, so it was challenging to select just one for the final logo. The final logo is amazing and able to be used on marketing materials such as stickers, stamps, and more. They provided me with an essential stepping stone to get my brand going.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

Chris was patient and willing to hold my hand throughout the entire process. I was unfamiliar with the world of design, and he gave me just the right amount of options to choose from. He was super professional, friendly, and helpful. We communicated over the phone and email, and he’d always get back to me in a timely manner.

After a few conversations with him, he was able to craft the exact designs I was looking for. It felt like he understood my tastes better than I did. I was very impressed with the communication and follow-ups. His attentiveness made it feel like I was working with one of my best friends.

I wouldn’t ask him to do anything differently.

They know how to fulfill client needs, so I’d highly recommend them.

Portfolio Site for Small Advertising & Design Firm

"My project was on a budget, but I was never made to feel aware of that."

Mar. 2017 - June 2020

Thompson & Prince developed a site that promoted a design firm's portfolio work, from illustrations to graphic design. The site needed to reflect the company's personal brand and connect with social platforms.

Woody Swain
CEO & Founder, WoodySwain.com

While it's too early to report results, early reactions have been positive. Thompson & Prince managed the project effectively, delivering an engaging experience while working on a budget. In the end, they delivered the job as promised so there were no surprises.

I am the founder and CEO of WoodySwain.com, a small advertising and design firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

I wanted Thompson and Prince to develop a website for me.

First, I wanted Chris G. and his team to tastefully showcase past work I did for agencies in NYC, plus current work that includes illustration, graphic and book design.

Second, I wanted the site to reflect me personally. Finally, I wanted it to seamlessly link with Vimeo, Instagram and LinkedIn platforms.

My good friend and colleague Tom C., founder of Cunniff Consulting who worked with Thompson & Prince to create his website, highly recommended Chris G. and his team to me. I'm glad he did.

I met with Chris just once downtown and from there we worked online through this unusual summer with no problems. Chris is a pro and knew what I needed, how to highlight my work, and what platforms were needed to do so.

He was my sherpa throughout the whole process, kindly correcting my copy, suggesting works to include while straightening out all my old passwords and telling me how to delete all "ghost " accounts. He's a patient guy.

Chris was the team captain leading the charge, therefore, I never met people on the team. From what I could see, however, the team was highly responsive to my comments.

It's too early to tell yet, but from people who have seen the site, they're very excited for me.

Very effective. My project was on a budget, but I was never made to feel aware of that. Early on, Chris told me what me exactly what he had in mind and was going to do. The job was as promised.

As already mentioned, Chris is a pro; he also listens, which is rare these days. He figured out what I needed and told me how to get there. There were no surprises.

One other thing: Chris said my design site would be a little more "out of the box" from websites he usually creates. Nevertheless, he proceeded confidently and with aplomb.

None that I can see.

Overall Score No surprise here.
    Fine and timely responses.
    Usually the higher the stars the more $$$, something is. For my budget, I got excellent value for services and results rendered.
    Excellent. Think site speaks for itself.
    Yes if I find the right client who appreciates a workmanlike who appreciates working as a real team.

Presentation Design for Professional Nonprofit Organization

“They presented in-depth information in a unique and clear, yet visually appealing way.”

Sep. 2019 - Nov. 2019

Thompson & Prince created a creatively styled pitch deck for a professional nonprofit organization. Their work included adding art to each slide to best present the information to their client’s board.

New York, NY
Terri Bartlett
CEO, Marketing EDGE

Thompson & Prince’s work has met the mark. The team delivered a clear and concise finished product that presented the information in a creative and compelling way. Customers can expect a responsive team that goes the extra mile to make sure their clients are set up for success.

I’m the CEO and president of a professional nonprofit organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We developed a major initiative that would expand on our mission to educate college students so they’re prepared for a career in marketing. We needed help presenting the proposal in a compelling and succinct way.

We worked with Thompson & Prince to develop the creative elements behind our pitch deck. We’ve used that deck since day one in our outreach to a company. We provided them with the general layout for the organization, and they brought information together to present things in a concise and creative way. The team worked on the visual components, but also the copy to make sure it was on point.

We worked with Chris (Founder & CEO).

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

I remember seeing the work that they’d done, and the other pitch decks they’d completed. They presented in-depth information in a unique and clear, yet visually appealing way, which is what made me want to work with them.

We spent about $6,000.

We started working with them in September 2019, and we wrapped up the main part in November 2019. Chris was very good about adding extra information after the main project ended so that we had what we needed in a consistent visual that fit in the entire deck.

Our board and a group of business leaders were able to review our pitch deck and better understand exactly what the program concept is, the way it would work, and how it’s incorporated with delivering on our mission.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

Chris was very responsive and clear about what we needed. There was one time in particular where he did all of the work himself in lieu of sending it out to another designer. He recognized we needed the information quickly and stepped in to accommodate that.

I was looking for a high-quality creative presentation that looked professional, relay the information, while being consistent with our brand; they delivered on all of those aspects very well.

There are more sophisticated art formats they could have used. However, we required was a deck that enabled us to make revisions, which meant we couldn’t go to those more sophisticated formats because we didn’t have that expertise internally.

What helped from day one is that we had a majority of the information put together. Then, we were able to capitalize on their creative expertise to refine it in a way that was visually appealing. It presented well in a way we were trying to get across. My advice is to get a much put together ahead of time. If you have an idea of what the creative should look like, present that in some way so it gives direction to the individuals creating your work.

Company Presentation Dev for Search Firm

"He was amazing, responsive and reflective."

Apr. - May 2020

Thompson & Prince created a more focused brand image through redeveloping the client's presentation and marketing materials. They created better graphics.

Jamie O'Hara
Employee, Search Firm

Thompson & Prince successfully built out the new project. Their team was flexible and responsive.

BlueMont Associates is a retained executive search firm focused in the Private Equity, Private Credit and Financial Services space. Together with my partners, our firm is a leading connector to firms looking to expand or enhance their professional workforce.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

BlueMont hired Thompson & Prince to navigate a more focused brand message to our potential clients.

Our firm needed to align our key strengths with the brand appearance. Our marketing messaging seemed to be misaligned with our marketing presentation/materials. We needed to clean up the “look.”

Our firm had heard about T&P’s through one of our Partners.

Working closely with T&P we soon discovered that it was not so much what our marketing materials said, rather how it was said. We needed to have a crisp appearance so that our words could be presented to our clients without the clutter of terrible color graphics.

We worked directly w/ Chris Gorges. He was amazing, responsive and reflective.

Our business is not so process driven that this marketing project would result in a direct impact to our bottom line. Yet what we had as marketing materials prior quite possibly could have had a negative effect.

Our challenges were mostly on our own side balancing client meetings. T&P did a great job making themselves available around that.

The work was quickly assimilated into a client ready position.

Not to my assessment.

Fundraising Deck Design for Consumer Goods Startup

"They were really subject matter experts in creating pitch decks."

Mar. - Apr. 2020

Thompson & Prince made key recommendations and provided a structure to put together a fundraising pitch deck. They provided graphic design and visual direction for the final product.

Jerry Staub
Founder, Fohm Co

The deck has quickly helped the client gain traction with investors they’ve approached. Thompson & Prince made response times a priority, remaining available even on weekends. Their expertise and timeliness made them a good partner.

I’m the founder of Fohm Co, a bootstrapped, direct to consumer company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We’re positioning to raise money to expand into different distribution channels, which will include B2B sales, selling our product into offices and hospitality spaces. We also wanted to expand further into licensing our product out to other brands.

We hired Thompson & Prince because we needed a subject matter expert in creating fundraising decks. Our goal was to create a cohesive story that would be compelling to investors.

We gave them a very rough sketch of what we wanted to explain in the deck. We showed them where we were as a company and what we were raising the money to do. They provided the guidance and structure for how to take all of the data and create a cohesive format.

We had no visual direction, so they provided us with a few different avenues we could go down for branding. They took the lead on the graphic design and illustrative elements for the deck.

I had one main point of contact, which was helpful in streamlining communication.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

I followed a recommendation from a mutual connection.

We spent around $2,000.

Our project ran from March–April 2020.

Their work has already resulted in some immediate traction from the investors I’ve shared it with.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

They were really responsive; I was getting answers to questions over the weekend from them. They were very rapid in responding to us, so I was happy with that. We used email and Google Slides mockups.

They were really subject matter experts in creating pitch decks. Their rapid response time was also impressive.

Nothing comes to mind for them to improve.

Be open to their suggestions and recommendations, even if it goes against the initial thought or ideas you had. Don’t be afraid to let them challenge your pitch deck assumptions.

Everything was on time.
    We implemented everything they recommended and everything was within the timeline.

Website Design for Antique Militaria Store

"Our stakeholders are impressed and 100% satisfied with Thompson & Prince’s design work."

n/a

Dec. 2019 - May 2020

Thompson & Prince redesigned a website for a militaria store. They used design aspects chosen by the client from similar sites.

Petersburg, Virginia
Bill Irvin
Co-Founder, Perry Adams Antiques

The website was completed but has yet to launch, but the client was satisfied with Thompson & Prince’s design work. The team gave quick responses to the client’s questions and suggested insightful ideas to improve the client’s brand.

I’m the co-founder of Perry Adams Antiques. We buy, sell, and appraise antiques related to the military (called militaria), especially those related to the American Civil War.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We had an interest in going from what people would consider an antiquated website to a more sophisticated one.

Thompson & Prince redesigned our website. Our role was to respond with questions. We did examine existing military-related websites before moving forward with the contacts. We picked out key concepts and components of those websites that we liked. For example, we chose a dark background with white lettering because we liked that mood. Thompson & Prince took the design and development work from there.

We were directly working with Chris (Founder & CEO). He passed instructions to one or more designers, but he was our only contact.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

We were familiar with a website they’d developed in the fall of 2019. I was extremely impressed, especially compared to our website at the time; it seemed several magnitudes better in numerous aspects, including the graphics, functionality, and presentation of articles for sales. It had the darker background that I liked and asked to be on our own website.

The project started in December 2019, and the website was finished in May 2020. Our target was for February 2020, but the delay was 100% our responsibility. We often gave late responses to questions and decisions. Thompson & Prince meanwhile was extremely responsive to any questions we posed to them.

Since the website hasn’t gone live yet, I have only internal feedback from three people in our team. However, our stakeholders are impressed and 100% satisfied with Thompson & Prince’s design work. We’ll get a better sense once the launch takes place. It’ll coincide with an email marketing campaign to 300 preferred clients over MailChimp.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

Since I’m a numbers guy, I have to say again I’m 100% satisfied. When it came to responses, I was impressed by their turnaround time and the content itself. They even suggested a way to redo our logo to better reflect our brand, which has evolved over time. It was one of the best ideas they had from a marketing perspective, in my opinion.

We communicated primarily via email, but we also had one conference call that was extremely useful. I really do like phone calls, however; I’m not by nature a big emailer. The back-and-forth in an email has some inefficiency.

I liked their design work.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Reach out as soon as possible. I had the opportunity to recommend Thompson & Prince to a few individuals. Chris responded immediately on a Friday, and they planned an initial phone call by Monday and Tuesday. I had no caveats in my recommendations either.

• N/A Cost
    We didn’t shop around for price so I can’t speak to this.
    I already did that at the first available opportunity.

Branding & Website for Financial Planner

"I really thought that they provided value at ever phase."

Oct. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Thompson & Prince developed a number of properties for a new company including brand guidelines, marketing collateral, and a WordPress website. They worked through a collaborative, iterative process.

Tysons Corner, Virginia
Trent Templer
Founder & President, Templer Wealth Management

Customers praise the website for its ease of use, and internal stakeholders are pleased with the cost-effective, high-quality visuals. Thompson & Prince’s attention to detail is notable, as is their commitment to thorough editing. Customers can expect a customer-focused partner.

I’m the president and founder of Templer Wealth Management, a wealth management and financial planning firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

I needed a number of different items. I didn’t have anything to start with, so I needed everything from a logo to a website, and then stationary, and a small amount of marketing with a one-pager as well.

First, we worked through the branding, and Chris (Founder & CEO, Thompson & Prince) sent me a questionnaire. They came back with comments and further questions to revise and get further clarity on which direction we wanted to go. There were three iterations we continued to work with for the logo and branding.

Chris provided a lot of options, whether we wanted to go a contemporary route or a classic route. He didn’t want to provide his feedback toward the end, so he wasn’t trying to steer us one way or the other. He provided his expertise and guidance later, once we knew what we wanted.

I came up with the name of my company, and they produced our brand guidelines including color information, fonts, and so forth. Then, they produced business card files and letterhead for digital and print. Additionally, they created a background for my business’ LinkedIn profile. They also did an abbreviated version of the logo I can use for different situations.

Also included was a marketing one-pager that helps me tell prospective clients what I do and how I do it. They also tackled the WordPress website, doing everything from A to Z. We told them what we wanted in terms of designs and photos. The stationary includes everything from envelopes, notecards and notepads to glossy folders.

I only worked directly with Chris. He was working with several others he contracted out with for certain design elements. All these people were in my budget, though.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

I don’t have any experience with this, and I started my business rather quickly, so I needed someone I could trust. I didn’t have time to vet a large number of options so I went with the recommendation of a family member.

We spent $6,500.

We worked together from October 2019 until January 2020.

I initially announced my business on January 21st and received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from everyone. There’s been no negative feedback whatsoever. Everybody thinks that my website is tremendous, well done artistically, and captured who I am as an individual. I passed it all along to Chris so he knew his efforts paid off. It provides me with credibility with clients. They can go to the site and quickly recognize that it will be a professional engagement with me.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

They did very well. I didn’t have any issues whatsoever. I really thought that they provided value at every phase. There were a number of different deliverables, but he has an artistic side and a design side where he’ll come up with these ideas and get his designers to come up with options. He also has this really exceptional editing ability. His attention to detail along those lines in helping the consumer understand what I do and how I do it with phrasing that makes sense was invaluable. He spent a lot of time late at night on the editing side for me.

Mainly, we communicated through Google Docs in a collaborative sense. We worked back and forth on different items. Otherwise, it was through email.

Based on feedback, I’ve received from friends and colleagues, is that the way my website flows as you scroll through it, the ease of use, helps it stand apart. People notice it, both on the mobile site and the regular site.

If I had to pick one thing I would say we took a lot of time to get the logo right on the front end. It was good, it just took a little longer than I expected. So maybe have just a bit better expectations as to how long it might take to develop the logo initially, and it probably takes different amounts of time for different people.

Coming from someone who’s never done this before, you should have faith that Chris wants the end product to represent what the client wants, and that he understands that it reflects on him and his company. He will act in a way that you will be very pleased with.

Overall Score Everything, aesthetically, looks so good and came out nicely. If something ever didn’t look right, Thompson & Prince would work hard to change that.
    Only the logo took longer than expected.
    I paid them more than was quoted because I thought the work done was that exceptional.
    Every single deliverable I received was beyond my wildest expectations.
    If small business owners are aware of them, then they’re going to reap the benefits of going through the process with them.

Naming & Branding for Nonprofit's New Program

“Their team is composed of great professionals who have access to an enormous amount of creative talent.”

January 2020

Thompson & Prince handled the naming and branding services for a nonprofit technology organization's new program. Working from a bit of legwork, their team created the logo, name, and branding materials.

Washington, D.C.
Executive Director, Nonprofit Technology Organization

The program's name, branding, and logo have all received positive impact. Meeting the partner's functional and aesthetic goals, the deliverables complement the larger brand family. Thompson & Prince prioritized this project and delivered top-tier work in an extremely tight turnaround.

I’m the executive director of a nonprofit technology and investor organization. We’re a business-oriented organization and have been around for 30 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We had a very quick turnaround project in response to an initiative we received a grant for. This grant would help us launch one of our technology programs designed around underrepresented founders, including people of color and women. The initiative was a short-term opportunity to launch something that needed naming and branding. We needed Thompson & Prince to handle those efforts for us.

Thompson & Prince handled the naming and branding services for our new program. Naming the program came first and then branding and logo followed soon afterward. The brand itself became the collateral of materials we need to execute on a daily basis. It had to be something that could be optimized for mobile and print collateral in large format signage screens.

The logo needed to be black and white. It was also essential that we’d be able to segment some of its symbols and elements. This new branding had to work with existing brands we already had and fit into our brand family. Thompson & Prince had to be flexible in learning about our brand family and then create something that didn’t clash with it.

The Thompson & Prince team worked very closely with our internal team who had already done a bit of planning legwork. This internal team was already familiar with the topic, brand, and product. We had all the intel and market intelligence together. However, we just needed a creative team to extract the right information so we could deliver and execute.

At the beginning of the project, Thompson & Prince came in and quickly understood all the parameters by asking the right questions. We had an extremely tight turnaround and started at ground zero for the naming and branding process. Thompson & Prince had their own process which was tried and true, but they truncated their workflow for us. In the end, they gave us a tangible, functional name and brand.

I had a principal who was the lead and my main contact. I’m not familiar with them, but I know he also worked with a number of other individuals.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

Their team had been referred to me in the past. I was aware of their reputation and work because I follow their LinkedIn profile. When I fell into that time crunch, I reached out to them.

We invested less than $5,000.

The project started and finished in January 2020.

Everything is still launching, but all of our initial response has been very positive. Our internal team and core constituencies in the marketplace are very pleased. The product is holding up nicely against our other brands as well as showing up in a lot of individual marketing components and locations that are important to us.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was great. We communicated through email, SMS, and phone calls.

Thompson & Prince made our project a priority service to them. They were extraordinarily professional and brought discipline to their design, creativity, and execution. Their team is composed of great professionals who have access to an enormous amount of creative talent.

Their team had a terrific process and saved us a lot of time. We couldn’t be more pleased with the quality of work under such deadlines. They worked with very tight resources within very tight timing and still delivered a top-tier product.

They were focused throughout the whole process, from conception to execution, to deliver what we needed. Their team brought professionalism all the way through to deliver a great product.

We would’ve liked more time because they were very focused on giving us the best products they could. I can’t really fault them for that because that’s a sign of a professional who wants to deliver the best product. They managed it within the timeframe we had.

The Thompson & Prince team asks important, thoughtful questions based on their experience and knowledge. Be prepared to be thoughtful about how you can work with a professional organization to give them the information they need to get the job done.

Overall Score They became a true partner.
    They exceeded all expectations under significant time pressure.
    It was most impressive that they brought their portfolio of experiences and skills to our project.
    We’ve had no problems applying their deliverables.

Website Redesign for B2B Brand Marketing Consultancy

"They were able to hit the design bull's-eye quickly and painlessly, requiring no hand-holding to get the job done."

July - Sept. 2019

Thompson & Prince designed a new logo and website for a boutique B2B consultancy, aiming for a sophisticated, contemporary feel. They started their work after a collaborative discovery phase.

Tom Cunniff
Managing Partner, Cunniff Consulting

The team delivered a design that accurately represents the company on a tight schedule and budget. Attentive and proactive, they communicated effectively to ensure a smooth process. Their diligence allowed the client to take a more hands-off role when needed.

I'm the founder and managing partner of a boutique B2B brand marketing consultancy.

For what projects/services did your company hire Thompson & Prince?

Our company website was several years old and badly needed a refresh. Additionally, our original logo was dated.

We needed a website that would look and feel sophisticated and contemporary, with a blog that would be simple for us to update on our own as the company grows.

I posted to a few online creative forums, explaining what was needed and asking for recommendations. It was immediately clear that Thompson & Prince had the right talent for the job. There was no second choice that came close.

I provided a few examples of sites I liked and explained why I felt those sites would be a good model. Thompson & Prince were great at picking up on the important design cues and led the process quickly and effectively.

My primary point of contact was Chris, the company's founder. It was easy to develop a quick shorthand that enabled us to move ahead quickly.

There was no objective metric for success. The goal was to find a design that felt right – which actually makes this type of project particularly hard to manage on a tight budget. But Thompson & Prince was able to deliver.

I never had to keep after them, but will confess they needed to keep after me here and there

They were able to hit the design bullseye quickly and painlessly, requiring no hand-holding to get the job done. That ability is worth its weight in gold for someone like me who needs to stay focused on serving my own clients. I'd work with them again in a second.

I can't think of a single thing they could have done better.

Painless.
    Unbeatable for this kind of quality.
    They delivered a great-looking site, fast.
    Thomson & Prince is a rare find.

Visual Content & Design for Investment Deck

“If we could work with all of our service providers in the same way I would be really happy.”

July - Aug. 2018

Thompson & Prince developed a marketing PowerPoint deck for an investment management company. They engaged in an intensive 10-day drafting process before a longer tweaking process to perfect the product.

Managing Partner, Investment Management Firm

Feedback on the product delivered by Thompson & Prince has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to increases in business for both parties. The development process was intense but extremely productive, providing substantive feedback that improved the final result.

I’m the managing partner of an investment management business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Thompson & Prince?

We needed to create a marketing presentation to give to our prospective investors, employees, and service providers.

They helped out in pretty much every part of the process. We did a lot of copywriting, but Chris was instrumental in helping us synthesize what we were trying to say. In a lot of cases, he was able to create powerful visuals that communicated what we wanted to say verbally in a very effective way through PowerPoint as well.

I know Chris had a team supporting him, but we just worked with him, so the back and forth was very seamless for us.

How did you come to work with Thompson & Prince?

Chris had been recommended to us by somebody who worked with us before who had also worked with him in the consulting world. My partner suggested we sit down with Chris and listen to his value proposition, and sort of go through a brainstorming session so that we established a common vocabulary as early on as possible. In a lot of cases, you don’t have the opportunity to test that before you hire someone, so being able to develop that relationship was key for us.

We invested around $10,000.

The entire engagement was probably about six weeks from our first meeting, so in the end, we worked from July–August 2018.

We’ve received universally positive feedback. In a few cases, people have even solicited Chris’s information because they wanted to work with him after seeing what he did with us, including our biggest service provider. The feedback has been very, very positive.

How did Thompson & Prince perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was exceptional. The process was intense but fairly painless. While we were working on the PowerPoint it was pretty consistent from day to day that we would turn in materials and edits by 6:00 pm and get a draft back by the next morning and work on them again until that evening and repeat the process.

We would be on the phone once a day for anywhere from 10–30 minutes and have more comprehensive conference calls 2–3 times a week. Working together was always a very positive experience because the intensity drove very high-quality work and ensured that everybody was on the same page about exactly what needed to be done and when.

I couldn’t limit to just one thing, but the two things I thought were most impressive were the consistency and the thoughtful feedback. He was able to manage timelines perfectly while dealing with three constituent groups, and he was always able to make substantive, critical comments without ruffling feathers in any way.

I don’t have anything to improve. If we could work with all of our service providers in the same way, I would be really happy.

I would just advise anyone working with them to go in expecting the service to be a focused sharpening and translational mechanism rather than of a more concept-oriented service.

Overall Score They were by far the best service provider we had.
    They are not the lowest cost, but they deliver exceptional value.