Inspire Action with Engaging Communications

ThinkTANK Advertising & Design was founded in 2001, becoming Western Canada’s largest alternative advertising company. We offer expertise in online, outdoor and experiential marketing including online presence management mobile & digital billboards, and creative design. At ThinkTANK, we pride ourselves on being transparent by removing the fluff and creating work that sells.

Our Three step process includes: Generating deliverables, Measuring effectiveness and, Refining strategies to generate more effective results.

The motto at ThinkTANK is “Inspire action with engaging communication”. It’s something we live by everyday to the benefit of our clients and their customers.

Online: Website design, Digital Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Social media, & Search Marketing (Google+ My Business & Google Certified Partner)

Outdoor: Digital, Mobile & Static billboards, signage strategies, & Large format printing

Marketing: Experiential event marketing - street teams - Creative services - Logo design, branding strategies and Design services

ThinkTANK Advertising & Design Inc.

www.thinktankads.com

ThinkTANk offers services across North America.

2002
Edmonton, Canada
  • ThinkTANK Advertising & Design, Inc. Edmonton T5M 3N4
    780.423.5869

Shell, Finning, Infiniti, Edmonton foodbank, Go Auto, Dupont Pioneer

Digital Marketing & Web Dev for Truck Repair Company

"We’re a small company but I had the feeling that I was being treated the same as a multimillion-dollar company."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

ThinkTANK managed a website redesign and SEO efforts to help improve online presence as a means to better target non-local customers.

Edmonton, Canada
Kirk Burchak
Owner, Coppertop Truck Repair

Online traffic has increased significantly within 3 months of site launch. The improved design and functionality supports enhanced responsiveness to customer inquiries.

I’m the owner of Coppertop Truck Repair. We do both in-shop and mobile repairs on semi-trailers and tractor-trailers.

What challenge were you trying to address with ThinkTANK?

We were trying to grow the business through an increased online presence. We had a website that wasn’t very sophisticated. In particular, we wanted to build our base of corporate customers whose headquarters are elsewhere but who may have trucks that require service here. We wanted these types of customers to be able to find us more easily.

ThinkTANK supported multiple elements of our digital marketing strategy including a new website and SEO. They tailored the new site to our needs and found ways to integrate specific elements that we requested. For example, they added a component that allows us to capture a customer’s GPS coordinates from their mobile device so that we can more easily locate the trucks in need of service. They explained the SEO process to me and made it clear that our website’s ranking would improve over time. They continue to do SEO work for us and tweak the website when needed.

For the web development, they also managed a rebranding exercise. They redid our logo but were able to use our original one within the site navigation. They provided us with a brand sheet that details our standardized colors, fonts and letter sizing, which I can use to have promotional items made.

We worked with a couple of team members including the head of the company.

How did you come to work with ThinkTANK?

I had seen their billboards on trailers and had a friend that mentioned them. I liked the website that they’d built for themselves so requested a meeting. The size of their company was a good fit for us.

Around $20,000 including Google AdWords.

We have been working with them since January 2016.

About three months after we launched the site, I could see an increase in traffic to it. We receive more frequent phone calls and, when asked how they found our number, they cite the website as the source. We also receive online forms via email from customers that go onto the contact page. We get on average 3-4 leads per week from the site.

I couldn’t ask for more from the website that they built for us. I’m impressed by the sophistication of the site, especially in comparison to other companies’ sites I see.

How did ThinkTANK perform from a project management standpoint?

The project went very smoothly and I enjoyed working together. They followed through on commitments, met deadlines and sometimes exceeded them. The website was in its finished format a few days early so that they could proofread it multiple times and address any glitches before it went live. In terms of communication, they were flexible with my hectic work schedule and communicating through preferred channels.

ThinkTANK’s customer service was exceptional. At the outset, they took the time to understand what I wanted – what our goals were, what we wanted to see on our site, the level of sophistication we wanted to achieve. They tailored their proposals rather than make a generic offer. Everyone on the team, from the president to the receptionist, is extremely approachable and responsive whether in the office or by phone. During the whole course of the project, I never felt that I wasn’t being prioritized. We’re a small company but I had the feeling that I was being treated the same as a multimillion-dollar company.

Advice for potential customers?

I wasn’t sure what I wanted from our website and they ended up exceeding my expectations. They came up with creative ideas that I wouldn’t have. Give them a little creative freedom to show you what they can do.

For what I paid, I definitely see a return on it.
    They finished the project on-time, on-budget and exceeded my expectations.
    I recommend them all the time to anyone that I hear of that's thinking about building a website.