Creating Innovative Websites & Mobile Applications

Think Tree Studios is a leader in creating innovative websites and mobile applications. We take your ideas and turn them into beautifully designed and functional web and mobile apps for the world. Whether it's building something from the ground up or overhauling an existing product we are here to take you to the next level.

Based in Denver, Colorado, our professional team of experts work hand in hand with you to strategize, design and build impressive platforms using clean code and winning UI/UX designs. Our diverse skill sets and customizable services allow us to focus on your exact needs resulting in responsive websites and engaging mobile applications that leverage the latest technology. From the ever famous “Uber” styled peer to peer apps, fitness and health, and Bluetooth LE hardware device integration to Internet of Things (IoT) or sending calls across the world using VoIP technology we’re here to develop your ideas into polished apps and websites that people love. Reach out to us and let us know how we can help you get started today!

Denver, CO
  • 2150 S. Central Expy
    McKinney, TX 75070

Healthio, WiCis, LuminAID Lab, Coman Publishing, KiDCASE, SYNC3 Restaurant Solutions, Repz for Charity, Voiptel, FlipTask, Sky Networks, PICA Education, Rage Unlimited, University of Arizona, Nusura, Enso, RollinGreens

LuminAID Smart Solar Garden App

The LuminAID Smart Solar Garden is an interactive Bluetooth lighting system that is powered and controlled using your iPhone, Android phone and tablets.

Coman Publishing - iOS and Android apps

Think Tree Studios worked with Coman Publishing to update their award winning iOS and Android sports publication apps.

FlipTask iPhone app

FlipTask approached us to create an app with an easy to use interface that could tie into their existing database. Our goal was to simplify the process of posting jobs, bidding on jobs and general navigation from a user point of view making the use of FlipTask intuitive and enjoyable for their members.

Repz for Charity

Repz for Charity is a is a global fitness movement app helping users perform fitness challenges of all levels.  Taking an interactive approach with a strong social media focus Repz for Charity created a fun and enticing way to motivate people to get up and stay active. For every completed fitness challenge, the Repz advertising sponsors donate money to different charities.

Repz for Charity approached Think Tree Studios to help fix and polish their existing iOS and Android apps to increase user engagement, simplify the UI and enhance the social media aspect even further. Thus, Think Tree Studios took on the challenge to improve the Repz for Charity app.

I-Streme Android app

Think Tree Studios was asked to to design and develop WiCis Sports industry leading sports medicine Android app. Our Android, Bluetooth LE, hardware and design teams were able to develop a revolutionary app that actively tracks and streams medical grade data, GPS location, bearing, altitude, and other critical information of outdoor adventure athletes and enthusiasts to medical experts and loved ones.

KiDCASE

Think Tree Studios worked with the KiDCASE team to develop an app that could be compatible with their iPad smart case. We stepped up to the job by enhancing the usability and responsiveness of the app, implementing new time management features and ensuring the iOS app functioned properly with their kid friendly hardware device.

Sky Networks Skyphone Softphone app

We teamed up with Sky Networks to develop a soft phone that was designed for use as an OEM product. This soft phone was designed to offer SIP-based voice, video and text messaging services on major mobile platforms such as Android, Windows and iPhone.

App Development for Healthcare Tech Company

“They were responsive, proactive, and flexible.”

Mar. 2016 - July 2018

Think Tree Studios built a mobile app for iOS and Android, incorporating Bluetooth connectivity to medical devices, microsocial networking, and AWS infrastructure.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
CEO, Healthcare Tech Company

They successfully delivered the first version of the app, which is now in the market. Think Tree Studios’ president was directly involved in the project and was highly responsive. Their scalability and expertise have set them up for future collaborations.

I’m the founder of a healthcare tech startup. We provide a combination of IoT devices and digital health solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Think Tree Studios?

We were looking for a technology partner that was adept at building iOS and Android apps.

After we prepared the documentation, Think Tree Studios designed and developed the app with our team. They helped us set up the backend infrastructure on Amazon Web Services and provided environment management. The app requires Bluetooth connectivity to peripheral medical devices. It also includes a microsocial network, which is important for providing a participative healthcare environment.

I primarily interacted with Aric (President, Think Tree Studios). He managed the entire development process.

How did you come to work with Think Tree Studios?

We needed a vendor that had a flexible business model and could scale up or down with our needs. After a process of elimination, we chose Think Tree Studios.

We spent $100,000–$199,999 on their services.

We worked together from March 2016–July 2018. The app is now in the market, and Think Tree Studios continues to provide maintenance and troubleshooting.

They performed well enough that we will engage them in phase two.

How did Think Tree Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were responsive, proactive, and flexible. They hit deadlines and were in constant communication.

They were always available. If I sent a text or Slack message to Aric, he’d respond within the hour.

They could have helped us stay up-to-date with the app development framework. We are a few releases behind.

Do a lot more work upfront on the requirements before you start engaging with a partner. Make sure the specs are laid out well.

Android App Dev for Phonics Education Program

"[Think Tree] frequently said that [they] wanted to be as accommodating and cost-effective as possible for me."

Jan. - Oct. 2017

Think Tree built a mobile app version of a phonics-based curriculum using gamification to engage users. The solution is built on Android, and expanding to iOS remains a top priority.

Denver, Colorado
Juan Quezada
Founder, Education Consulting Business

Thanks to the interactive nature of the solution, the app is achieving faster results in skill acquisition as well as earning praise from parents. The team's patience, flexibility, and willingness to accommodate a non-tech savvy teacher was most impressive.

I am a public school teacher in the process of starting an education consulting business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Think Tree Studios?

I produce an early reading phonics curriculum. I needed someone to help me develop a mobile application version of that curriculum.

First, we had a couple of in-person meetings where I provided some sketches as to what I would like the app to look like, and what functionalities it needed to have. The phonics program has five levels in English and five levels in Spanish. This app is basically a prototype, so we decided to build only the first two levels, only in English, and only for Android. (Most people in my target community use Android devices because they’re less expensive.)

Once Think Tree understood the general layout of the app, they asked me to create a map of what assets were needed (i.e., video, photo, and audio). Next, the team started building the app, providing me with a preview as each of the sections was built.

The app has simple functionalities but many different pieces; instead of one complex game, it's several simple games. The main challenge in creating the app was integrating several different experiences in a specific sequence.

I regularly provided feedback — especially in areas where I had not been clear enough at the outset — and they made modifications.

I primarily worked with Aric [Franzmeier, President, Think Tree Studios]. I don’t know how many developers were on the project.

How did you come to work with Think Tree Studios?

I reached out to several app development firms in the Denver area. I interviewed three or four firms and felt like Think Tree was the most flexible and open-minded. They also offered one of the best prices.

Their initial estimate was about $15,000, and it came pretty close to that.

Work began in January of 2017. The app went live in mid-September, and work ended in October 2017.

The app version of the curriculum is even more effective than the video version I was working with before. Much of phonics learning happens at home in the form of homework, so I used to use a DVD that kids would take home. The app version is more interactive and engaging. My program was already showing that children acquire these skills more quickly than with any other curriculum, but with the app, we're getting even faster results. We are receiving better feedback from parents as well.

We launched the app with students around mid-September. A few bugs did come up, but they were mainly due to a low-quality device being used. Some older devices could not handle the load, so the team had to go back to the drawing board and see what efficiencies they could add until it did work for those devices. It's bug free at this point.

My goal is to raise enough funds to hire Think Tree to create all five levels for both languages on iOS and Android platforms.

How did Think Tree Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Aric was an excellent project manager. We communicated regularly via email, phone, and text. Sometimes we would meet in person. He even came to my school for some meetings, just to make it more convenient for me.

He frequently said that he wanted to be as accommodating and cost-effective as possible for me. He understood that as a teacher, it’s hard to invest a lot of money into an app. He was always amenable to making any necessary changes, which were usually due to my failure to specify things at the outset.

I was very pleased with Aric’s patience. I have a lot of instructional expertise, but no technical expertise. He did a great job explaining things to me such as terminology and technological limits. I had to purchase a domain name, for example, and he helped me through the process.

I'm very satisfied with the work, so I can't think of anything.

Plan your project out in as much detail as possible before sitting down with a developer. That will reduce the amount of back and forth communication, as well as helping the project stay on time and on budget.

Overall Score Very accommodating, patient, and generous.
    The deadlines were met pretty consistently.
    I was pleasantly surprised the initial estimate was on target.

iOS and Android Development for College Sports Publisher

"They were willing to delve into someone else’s code and not charge excessively for it."

Jan. - Feb 2017

Think Tree Studios recovered broken code for an newsstand app on iOS and Android. Their work updated the old code to modern standards, solving a challenge with a new IP address.

Durham, North Carolina
Jeanette Blankenship
Production Manager, Coman Publishing

Think Tree studios was able to deliver a fully functioning app, allowing the app to go live again with users. Although the team chose to outsource the Android development an slowed down the process, they were very responsive and willing to work on previously existing code.

Coman Publishing is a niche publisher for college sports such as Notre Dame, Michigan, NC State, Indiana, and University of Virginia. We do magazines and websites. I am the production manager and handle most of the graphic designs on the magazines, digital media, and social media.

What challenge were you trying to address with Think Tree Studios?

We had an iOS and Android app that broke down. We needed a company that was willing to take the old code and update it to today’s standards.

The app was a newsstand for our publications for Notre Dame and Michigan for our readers and subscribers. It was mainly for tablets but also available on phones. We had moved last summer and changed our IP address, and that’s what broke the app. We also took advantage of the opportunity to lower the price and hopefully gain new subscribers that way.

How did you come to work with Think Tree Studios?

I searched in Google for app developers and had seen a review for Think Tree Studios on a website. I reached out to companies that looked like they would fit what we wanted. A lot of local companies here in Durham, North Carolina wanted too much money for something so simple. The reason we chose Think Tree was that they were willing to delve into someone else’s code and not charge excessively for it. They were very responsive.

How much have you invested with Think Tree Studios?

We spent less than $10,000 on the project.

We started working with Think Tree Studios in January 2017, and the project was completed in February 2017.

Just having the app live again has already helped. Think Tree warned me that by lowering the price, it would make our automatic renewals slow down which is what happened. Our number of sales is lower because people have to opt back in. But those that are opting back in are saving money. We aren’t too scared about that because we are getting new subscribers and because this is not our peak season.

How did Think Tree Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated using email.

What did you find most impressive about Think Tree Studios?

Think Tree Studios is very responsive. The reason we needed them was that our first app developer went AWOL. Just the fact that they were willing and responsive was great.

Are there any areas Think Tree Studios could improve?

The Android side of development was outsourced which I don’t have a problem with, but it did slow things down. Think Tree Studios might need to build up their Android in-house capabilities.

Think Tree Studios overpromised a little bit, but ultimately, they did get it done.
    The iOS app worked great, but the Android had a few bugs. I think that’s because there are so many Android devices that it’s hard to test for every possible outcome.

Mobile Application Development for Fitness Charity Organization

“Users have definitely seen improvement after Think Tree helped me out."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

Think Tree took on an existing application on iOS and Android that had a significant amount of bugs, and solved the issues and integrated it with the company’s social media and website.

Miami, Florida
Elisa Klein
Founder, Repz for Charity

They were originally hired on Upwork, which fostered a full time relationship given the quality of their service and competitive pricing. They are continuing their partnership moving forward.

Repz for Charity is a mobile application where we encourage users to generate money for charities from our sponsors by doing 15 to 30-second fitness challenges. I am the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Think Tree Studios?

I originally had hired another company to develop my mobile app. I had a significant amount of bugs. I contracted with Think Tree to troubleshoot and make some improvements in the app. Sometimes it’s harder to go through another developer’s code than it is to create new code from scratch, so it was a challenge for them.

The app was on iOS and Android. There were different points in the app where it was literally just shut down while users were using it. They troubleshot the points in that process to find out why the app was shutting down. They helped me with different connection issues to social media because I wanted to have the app connected to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. They helped me with that process. They also helped me to build in external links. Since I do have sponsors that donate to charity, it was important to be able to click within the app and take you to the web to view the sponsor site or anything like that.

How did you come to work with Think Tree Studios?

I posted an RFP [request for proposal] on Upwork. I had a few discussions with them over Skype about the scope of the project. I got the feel that they really understood my project and that’s why I went with them. A lot of people can develop code, but it was important to me that they understood the overall big picture of the project before they started working on the actual app.

How much have you invested with Think Tree Studios?

There was an initial project, and then I did follow up work with them for other updates and maintenance. Overall, we’ve spent under $10,000.

It’s ongoing. We started in November 2015.

I don’t have any metrics. I’ve gotten feedback on the app because I definitely checked it every time I had updates. Users have definitely seen improvement after Think Tree helped me out.

How did Think Tree Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Their performance was really good. We defined the scope in the beginning and they were very diligent about getting it clear and then outlining a process goal and setting my expectations for timing. That was a good thing. When I had ad hoc projects, it depended on their workload because I didn’t have them on retainer. But they always kept me abreast of expectation of completion time or when they would have time to work on it.

What did you find most impressive about Think Tree Studios?

I felt like they were highly responsive, which is a good thing. They always kept me up to date. In comparison to other developers that I worked with, I felt like they understood my project. They made an effort to understand my project.

Are there any areas Think Tree Studios could improve?

No. The only thing I had an issue with was understanding establishing the structure. First, it was an hourly rate and then I asked to have a fixed rate for certain things that I needed to be done. But that was kind of on my side in establishing how I wanted the pricing. They were actually very flexible with that. It was a hiccup for me in the beginning because I was on a tight budget so I had to figure it out with them.

Overall exceptional service. They’ve been good to me so far.