We build startups and custom web based solutions

The7bits is a small company founded by the team of geeks for making cool things. Our expertise is building startups and custom software solutions for wide range of customers. We also have years of experience in e-commerce.

Our services:

• Web app development: Python/Django.
  • Adobe Business Catalyst: app development, integrations with third-party services, custom solutions.
  • JS development: Backbone.js, AngularJS.
  • Startup co-development.

Poltava, Ukraine

Startups, Entrepreneurs, and SMBs:

OurHub Europe - Marketplace startup

Ourhub Europe is an intelligent eCommerce multilingual platform, which helps emerging Asian startup brands making business in the mature European market and sell their unique products effectively. The key features are influencer's marketing and an affiliate program. All members of Ourhub can generate extra benefit by sharing their user’s experience and products knowledge. Each Manufacturer or Influencer or just Reseller getting

easily own online sub-store.
Ourhub works as a distribution hub linking brands & merchants in Europe. Ourhub collects, digitizes and standardizes products content from Brands products hub for multi-channel synchronization and optimization. Ourhub integrates logistic providers as a fulfillment center for Merchants, Resellers and Influencers to open their own store without any hassles.

E-Commerce Python Dev for Logistic Company

“…the quality of the website is good.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

The7bits provides e-commerce development services, building a B2B and B2C software platform. They used Python to build the site with a range of features, beginning with a landing page MVP.

Eindovenm, Netherlands
JJ Jan
Founder, OurHub Europe

The website is in its final stages, now in a maintenance phase, where any content errors are quickly addressed by the team. They are always communicative, working in effective sprints and ensuring that they produce high-quality deliverables.

I’m the founder of OurHub Europe, a B2B and B2C e-commerce platform. We help brands create their own brand page, and likewise for influencers. Influencers can promote brands that they like and get the affiliate benefits.

What challenge were you trying to address with The7bits?

We needed a good system to be able to monitor and track our processes. It needed to provide a login for influencers to customize their content and website design.

We started with a kickoff meeting and discussed our requirements, after which they developed our MVP of the landing page for an event. I wanted to use Magento, but after some discussion, they told me it couldn’t handle the complicated requirements I needed, so we chose Python.

The software is an e-commerce platform where we manage our members, and where they can send out an affiliate link to their connections. When the member shares a link to their connection, they can click the link to complete the order. The system then reduces how many credits can be earned from sharing.

My main points of contact were with the team leader, a Python engineer, and a content creator. There are another three people as well.

How did you come to work with The7bits?

We connected through LinkedIn. They’re from Ukraine and my previous company I worked for was in Ukraine which gave me a good impression about software capabilities in the country. They also had an office in Holland, which is where my company is, which was a good combination. We had some face-to-face meetings in Holland and decided to kick off the project.

We started working together in May 2018 and the work is ongoing.

We’re in the maintenance stage and not intensive development anymore. It’s not fully complete because there’s some things we still need to automate, but the quality of the website is good. Sometimes the content has errors, but they correct them very quickly.

How did The7bits perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked in two-week sprints, checking up what we need to do with each sprint and maintaining daily contact. We now do four-week sprints, and use Trello and Slack, for really good communication.

Their communication and the quality of the work are very good.

Their team is mainly engineers, so they have room to improve with design and the user interface. They need a designer on the team.

I recommend using them.

They meet deadlines and if they can’t, they communicate ahead of time and let us know why.
    Their costs are reasonable. When I need engineers, they help me to find a part-time, affordable resources, which is helpful.
    Most of the requirements I give them, they are able to accomplish.
    I highly recommend them.

Python & Django Logistic Platform Dev

“Their knowledge is impressive. They’re a small company that can do very special things.”

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

The7Bits worked on a Python and Django platform development project for a logistics company. Working from plans, they built the prototype and several iterations, also assisting with marketing and social media.

Elst, Netherlands
CVO, Crane Locator B.V.

The platform fully met expectations in its design and, after some initial server issues, a move to Amazon Web Services ensured the platform’s smooth functionality. Despite some improvements that are required on the marketing side, The7Bits produced an excellent solution and managed the project well.

Crane Locator is a marketplace for project logistics in the heavy transport industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with The7Bits?

I needed a complete platform build to support me with production, administration, and updating the platform.

I had the idea in my head and put together a presentation of how it should look. I had some Excel files to show how the drop menu should look. I showed it to The7Bits and they shared their advice and knowledge. They advised me on what was workable and what wasn't. After making a prototype and launching it, there was another 6 months during which we made some updates that were quite important. After another year, we made another update.

They built it using Python and Django. It’s a place where you can add your company, get new customers, and promote your company and equipment. It’s also a trading platform and renting for special transport, so not just simple logistics. They did all the development and the design work from scratch. How it looks and the administration of the website is fully built by The7Bits.

They also helped me to set up all the marketing. That was mainly through emailing and talking on the phone with people. There’s SMM [social media marketing] and the server system, which is connected to the platform. It’s how we follow the users.

In the beginning, there were 4 or 5 people to build everything. To build from scratch, you have to build administration, production site, testing site, and another testing site. When everything was built, I had 2 people who were helping me set it up and keep it running. There was also a dedicated project manager.

How did you come to work with The7Bits?

I had offers from 2 other local companies. One company didn’t understand our idea and refused to work on it, while the other’s costs were too high. A friend of mine from Ukraine, introduced me to one of the guys from The7Bits. We then had a meeting with their complete team on Skype about the project. I felt they understood my idea and we started to work together.

More than 40,000 euros [$49,850].

We started working together in February 2015 and the work is ongoing.

The way I pictured the platform to be built was fulfilled 100% for me. In the development, there weren’t a lot of bugs. Sometimes we had a problem with the server, but it was only because users and new companies were adding equipment. Some of the pictures were big and we were always missing the space. The7Bits told me it’s best to move all the servers from private to Amazon Web Services [AWS]. Now we have some slots on the AWS server for staging and for developing the website. It’s running smoothly. I don’t remember a time that platform ever stopped.

However, I thought there would be more activity on the platform. We’re either missing something or lacking good promotion with AdWords. It’s slow with getting new users and new companies. It’s not easy to promote the platform.

How did The7Bits perform from a project management standpoint?

They were a great help. Before I was thinking about what to do, they already had answers. They were always offering solutions for my ideas. There was someone who was always online for me and another who was available if we wanted to update, change, or deal with issues.

We communicated everyday using Skype and Trello to keep the tasks running. We also used Slack for news and updates. They delivered on time. We aren’t on budget because I’m always changing and updating things, which costs extra money.

Their knowledge is impressive. They’re a small company that can do very special things with administration and production. I don’t have any doubts that they could follow 3 or 4 similar projects. I’m satisfied with what they’re doing. There’s always been a solution for any question.

They got some experience with my project. Based on my inquiries, they’ve been searching for extra information. It’s been challenging for them to find the right solution for the next step.

Be clear about what you want and try to put as many ideas on paper as you can. Talking on the phone or Skype, you can say a lot of things and ask for many things. For one person to judge all the information is quite difficult. It’s always good to have something on paper to show to the team. Share information correctly and explain what your actual idea is.

The tasks written in Trello were always done on time. When they were late, it was because I didn’t provide information on time.
    If they get information on time and clearly written out, the costs are a 4.
    They give on time information, have an understanding of all the problems, and have a solution for any questions.
    I already introduced them to three big companies. I’m always trying to recommend them in different meetings.