Testing Special Forces

Testing Special Forces: that’s our motto and we stand by it.

We take pride in making sure our clients are delivering 100% bug-free software to their customers.

Testing is our specialty and we are constantly looking for new ways to challenge the status quo. We secure our clients’ QA from start to finish. We also integrate into our partners’ internal QA teams to supplement their needs or to help them improve their internal processes. During the entire testing process we stay in touch with our clients’ developers which allows us to test fixes in real-time and make suggestions that can benefit the entire project.

Our certified testers work with our partners in 5 different time zones. This means that we work when you’re working, no matter where you’re located. We are dedicated to our client’s projects from the start and we stay dedicated to projects even after they hit the market.

What separates us from the competition?

Take a look at the numbers:

• Over 50 in-house testers who are 100% ISTQB Certified

• Over 5,000 testers in over 50 countries who are always ready for action

• We have over 7 years of experience and have delivered over 300 successful projects to our clients

• We’re ready for it all: Functional, UX, Security, Performance and Crowdtesting

Wrocław, Poland

• Empik
  • Orgintag
  • EyeEm

Functionality Testing for BIM System

"TestArmy’s team is competent, and they produce quality work."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

TestArmy conducts software evaluation across multiple Android and iOS devices by detecting regression bugs and providing manual testing based on detailed scripts.

Oslo, Norway
Lars Moastuen
Senior Software Developer, Rendra

Through TestArmy’s attentive assessments, the number of critical bugs has dropped among all tested products. Their consistent communication and ability to catch issues quickly continue to encourage efficiency.

I’m a senior software developer for Rendra, a company in the building industry. We provide entrepreneurs with 3D CAD [computer-aided design] models for their sites for office buildings, hospitals, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with TestArmy?

We reached out to them because we needed to test our software on a large number of different Android and iOS devices. Instead of attempting to buy all these devices and perform tests ourselves, we wanted to use a company which already had most of them available to offload our task.

The purpose of the test, at least in the beginning, was to discover device-specific issues which we had no way of detecting. Gradually, we have been offloading more and more general testing to TestArmy, as well. They provide manual testing based on detailed test scripts that we provide. TestArmy also undergoes general testing and has gotten to know our software. They detect changes and find regression bugs we may introduce while implementing new features. We don’t undergo any automated testing.

How did you come to work with TestArmy?

I was not in the loop initially. Another employee got in contact with TestArmy, but I’m not sure about the selection process.

How much have you invested with TestArmy?

This information is confidential.

We started working with TestArmy in November of 2016. The collaboration is ongoing.

We keep track of the number of critical bugs being discovered and how these numbers evolved since starting to work with TestArmy. I wouldn’t say that we have fewer bugs, but we’re discovering them at earlier stages than before. We do have fewer major bugs than before. The severity has decreased.

How did TestArmy perform from a project management standpoint?

We allocate time with TestArmy’s testers every week and communicate directly with them. Whenever we’ve had contact with their project managers, the meetings have been quick and efficient. I think that the communication has been straightforward. TestArmy’s team is competent, and they produce quality work.

What did you find most impressive about TestArmy?

We appreciate that they provide good testers who are competent in working with complex software. They have a technical background and can provide our developers with useful information on how to solve issues.

Are there any areas TestArmy could improve?

In general, I’m very satisfied with the quality of work provided by TestArmy, but the list of available mobile and tablet devices could be even more extensible and up to date. Having new devices ready when they reach the market would be a great plus for us.

Overall Score We’ve been happy with TestArmy in general.
    They’ve always been available and flexible during our meetings.
    We have a good agreement with TestArmy.
    The reports could always be better and more efficient, but TestArmy’s team is self-sufficient. The testing involves little effort on our part.
    I’m very happy with TestArmy and wouldn’t hesitate to use them if I needed testing at a later stage.

Website Testing for Musician

"They are a dedicated team with open communication and completed everything within the allotted timeframe."

June 2016 - July 2016

TestArmy provided testing services on two websites to ensure they were fully functional and error free. They worked closely with the developers to suggest changes in order to provide user-friendly sites.

Leeds, UK
Kate Chruscicka
Professional Musician

Testing was completed on time and the value of their services was worth the money spent. Clients and partners are impressed with both websites, and TestArmy was open to questions and suggestions throughout the process, and were quick to answer all requests.

I am a world-renowned, award-winning musician that performs at private, corporate events and festivals.

What business challenge were you trying to address with TestArmy?

I reached out to TestArmy to be sure that my two websites were fully functional and error free. I was looking for a company to verify my website was error free and user-friendly to help me better connect with potential clients and fans.

Please describe the scope of the work and TestArmy's involvement in greater detail.

TestArmy was very proactive in helping me to test my websites. They were present from start to finish. TestArmy started testing as soon as we developed both websites and they also conducted acceptance tests at the end of our development. Plus, once everything was finished, TestArmy conducted retests to let me rest assured that everything was functioning properly.

How did you come to work with TestArmy?

After doing some research, I really liked the fact that TestArmy stressed their commitment to building a relationship with me rather than just seeing me as a paying client. I was also impressed by the kinds of clients they have previously partnered with.

I spent around $5,000.

TestArmy completed their engagement with my developers. The whole process took just under 2 months, one month during the development and then a couple of weeks for acceptance tests and retests.

What are the results of the project, and are there any statistics or metrics you can share?

The project was just completed so I do not have any immediate metrics to share. However, the testers from TestArmy were in constant communication with my developers and made suggestions on what things could be changed to create a more user-friendly experience. I believe that the open communication between my developers and TestArmy helped deliver the best websites possible.

My clients and partners are impressed with both websites and I have not yet heard any problem on either site.

How did TestArmy perform from a project management standpoint?

TestArmy dedicated a team to my project that consisted of 4 full-time testers plus another 20 testers to replicate my potential clients. They stayed in constant communication with my developers and me and were always ready when we had questions or concerns about a specific feature.

What distinguishes TestArmy from other providers?

I really appreciated the fact that TestArmy was not only efficient, but also open throughout the entire process. The questions my developers had were always quickly answered and their test reports enabled my developers to work in a more efficient manner. I think the fact that they were so involved with my project really proves that they treat each project as if it was their own, and that isn’t normal with other companies.

Is there anything TestArmy could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything.

Everything was completed on time.
    They were not cheap, but they were worth every penny.
    Their service was unbelievable. They are a dedicated team with open communication and completed everything within the allotted timeframe.

Website and Email Testing for Digital Agency

"TestArmy reacts quickly to any issues and comes up with solutions."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

TestArmy has provided testing services across 30 websites, the majority of which are focused on layout testing. The team also provides browser compatibility checks, as well as HTML and CSS validations.

Kielce, Poland
Marcin Wojdyła
Head Solutions Architect, Digital Agency

Website users are happy and report few issues. Although there were some initial issues in the engagement, TestArmy has adapted and gained experience quickly. They now have senior resources who are experienced and are working to provide training. TestArmy is an extension of the internal team.

Ware are a global digital agency that deals mostly with pharmaceutical clients. We provide services related to digital marketing, website and mobile app development, and so on. Our headquarters are in London, and we have offices in Poland, Italy, and New York. Our headcount is over 100 employees, and we work with various external suppliers. I am the head solutions architect of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with TestArmy?

We had a high volume of websites to be tested against designs and requirements. We needed someone to do this for us.

We have worked with TestArmy on 30–40 websites so far. Our most common task is layout testing. This involves making comparisons against the design files we provide—for instance, if the built website is identical to the initial design. TestArmy also runs browser compatibility checks, looking at a number of browsers and devices which should be compatible with a particular website. They use physical devices to check for any layout issues or bugs. They also run some standard HTML and CSS validations using our internal tools in order to verify that the work is compliant with W3C standards. TestArmy checks follow-up emails for us, testing our templates in Outlook and the iOS email client. TestArmy also looks at our Veeva CRM [customer relationship management] presentations to see if the content follows our designs. These are environments through which medical representatives can show presentations.

Initially, our collaboration was on-demand. We sent TestArmy tasks for which they provided resources. Since November 2016, we changed the model and have a dedicated team of four QA engineers from TestArmy. We make sure that they have enough work and schedule their tasks. TestArmy is integrated into our team in several ways. Aside from using our Slack channels, they also use our internal JIRA instance for raising bugs and defining tasks. TestArmy is still a remote resource for us, so we work out of different offices.

How did you come to work with TestArmy?

I found TestArmy through the recommendation of a colleague. She had worked with TestArmy for a previous company. The relationship worked well so we didn't consider any other candidates.

How much have you invested with TestArmy?

The cost of TestArmy's work has been around $8,000 per month. In total, we’ve paid $80,000 for their services.

We started working with TestArmy around April 2016. We still work with them.

We have generally looked at our clients' satisfaction level and the number of issues reaching our clients. TestArmy's performance is good, and everyone has been happy so far. There were some issues initially, but they were mostly due to a lack of experience with our environment and project types. Most of those have been sorted out by now. Our general perception is that TestArmy is an extension of our internal team.

How did TestArmy perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate with TestArmy's team in English. There is usually a project manager on our side who works directly with their team members and sets deadlines. TestArmy will usually hit those deadlines, notifying us about any potential problems that may hold them back. TestArmy has senior team leaders who coordinate the work, so, if there are any issues, there will be someone whom we can go to and ask for help.

What did you find most impressive about TestArmy?

TestArmy reacts quickly to any issues and comes up with solutions. They also have senior resources who are experienced with general processes around digital. We've used TestArmy's expertise to improve our internal processes. The team which works for us can operate in different time zones, which has helped us handle global relations with foreign clients in the US, Europe, and Asia.

Are there any areas TestArmy could improve?

The technical understanding of underlying technologies around our websites and applications could be better. It would help TestArmy's team understand what our bugs are, as well as the reasons and implications around them. I know that TestArmy will be providing training for the team.

Overall Score The work is good, but not perfect.
    The work is delivered on time. I don't have any major issues in this respect.
    We have had additional costs compared to doing the work internally. Relative to global prices, TestArmy has good value for money.
    TestArmy has good strengths, but there are still technology-related improvements to be made.
    TestArmy can help a lot.

Security Testing for Smart Packaging Company

"I appreciated the communication between our teams, as well as TestArmy's fast work."

Sep. 2015 - Jan. 2017

TestArmy provided security testing services for a mobile app and web panel. Specifically, they focused on NFC tags and check the communication between smart devices and the cloud.

Poland
Alan Pilarz
Origintag

TestArmy provided a full summary of action steps for the app and web panel, and then re-tested both upon completion of those action steps. After completion, both systems were in good order. The team’s communication was up to scratch, and they provided deliverables with project timelines.

We provide smart-packaging solutions using the RFID and NFC capabilities in smartphones, in order to provide communication between the customer and the product.

What business challenge were you trying to address with TestArmy?

We needed to test our system for security issues at the request of one of our clients.

TestArmy provided testing for our app, Talkin' Things, as well as for our web panel, talkinthings.com. Specifically, they tried to copy our NFC tags and looked at the communication between the smart devices and our cloud. It was quite a difficult project.

How did you come to work with TestArmy?

I found TestArmy online while looking for testing companies. I compared three offers and chose TestArmy because they had the best portfolio, and provided the best communication.

The cost of TestArmy's work was around €5,000. [$5,200]

We had our first conversations with TestArmy in September 2016, and the testing process started in December. The project took 1-2 months to complete.

The communication between our company and theirs was good, and TestArmy delivered the project in the right time. As a deliverable, they gave us a full summary of what we should do to improve our system. TestArmy then did another series of tests after we implemented those changes. Our system is in good order at the moment, so the project was successful.

How did TestArmy perform from a project management standpoint?

TestArmy assigned a project manager from their side. We had a number of calls and emails during the project, as well as one meeting. The communication was sufficient, and everything was delivered according to our timeline.

What distinguishes TestArmy from other providers?

Is there anything TestArmy could have improved or done differently?

Everything was okay.

The cost was significant for our company, but, based on our other offers, TestArmy had mid-range pricing.
    The quality of our tests was good.
    We were very happy to collaborate with TestArmy, so we wouldn't hesitate to refer them to colleagues.

Security and Functionality Testing for Events Coordination Company

"I've appreciated the direct contact with Testarmy's specialists."

Mar. 2014 - May 2014

Testarmy performed security and functionality testing for a website that manages 2,000-3,000 simultaneous users. The testing process went through three iterations.

Wroclaw, Poland
Ewa Mroz
CEO, Bieg Firmowy

Testarmy achieved a functional result and fixed platform bugs. They maintained constant communication through JIRA, Skype, and other tools so that no deadlines were missed.

Respondent 1: We are a charity organization focused on yearly corporate running events which take place in Poland. We have around 5,000 participants in Wrocław and 2,000 in Warsaw. I am the founder and chief executive officer of the organization. I am in charge of organizing the events.

Respondent 2: I am the IT director and events manager of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Testarmy?

Respondent 2: We needed security and functionality testing for our website. The website is used for registering competition participants, so it has many forms and functionalities which needed to be secure and operational.

Respondent 2: Testarmy provided security as well as functional and load (or performance) testing. They ensure that the site could handle 2,000–3,000 concurrent users. Testarmy's specialist maintained contact with us online. We've had three iterations for each type of test. Testarmy also fixed any bugs that were identified.

How did you come to work with Testarmy?

Respondent 2: I found three options when I googled security and functional testing companies. Testarmy offered the best price and a collaboration model.

How much have you invested with Testarmy?

Respondent 2: This information is confidential.

Respondent 1: We started working with Testarmy in March 2014.

Respondent 2: The work was finished in May. We are planning a new project with Testarmy in 2017 after we've updated our website.

Respondent 1: We are satisfied with Testarmy.

Respondent 2: Testarmy tested our platform and fixed any bugs, achieving a functional result.

How did Testarmy perform from a project management standpoint?

Respondent 2: We maintained communication through JIRA, Skype, Slack, email, and phone. We've had a long period for performing all our tests, so there were no missed deadlines.

What did you find most impressive about Testarmy?

Respondent 2: I've appreciated the direct contact with Testarmy's specialists.

Are there any areas Testarmy could improve?

Respondent 1: No, everything was good.

Respondent 2: Testarmy didn't miss any deadlines.
    Respondent 2: Testarmy's service isn't cheap.
    Respondent 2: Everything was okay.

Application Testing for Web and App Development Company

"To be successful with Testarmy, you just need to let them work."

July 2015 - Ongoing

Testarmy performs manual testing for several websites and applications, including both iOS and Android. They are also in the process of building a system for automatic testing where applicable.

Warsaw, Poland
Head of Project Management, Development Company

Testarmy’s team is knowledgeable and knows exactly what to do. They are flexible in systems and procedures, and they keep to deadlines. When extra testers are needed, they are able to jump into a project easily.

I’m currently the head of project management at a software development and design house. I’m responsible for all of the client interactions regarding project timelines and project satisfaction at the end of each product development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Testarmy?

We hired Testarmy to find as many bugs as they could within various websites and applications for iOS and Android.

We’ve used Testarmy for several projects. I think we’re using them in almost all of our projects right now. We use them because they’re certified and they have several tools that they can test with. Right now, we work with Testarmy for manual testing on several devices. They are starting to build a system for automatic testing and they want to shift to that. However, automatic testing will not work for all of our applications. They will continue manual testing where needed.

How did you come to work with Testarmy?

They’ve reached out to us and after a couple of times when we had a need for a QA team, and we have negotiated a deal.

I don't know.

We started working with them in July 2015, and we are still working together.

Their testers are very knowledgeable and well prepared. I think our cooperation is successful right now. They are flexible and can work on-site, which is helpful. We have several core projects where we need them to be in our clients’ offices, and Testarmy’s resources are able to travel as required.

How did Testarmy perform from a project management standpoint?

They are able to use our systems and procedures. They also do a good job of hitting deadlines. If we keep our deadlines, they keep theirs. I mostly work with their CEO, but from my point of view, they have good project management. If we need extra testers, they always have someone in the background that can jump onto our project.

What did you find most impressive about Testarmy?

The most important thing is that they have people who can usually jump into a project well-prepared. I think we have a good collaboration.

Are there any areas Testarmy could improve?

They could expand the list of devices they have, but I know that’s hard.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Testarmy?

To be successful with Testarmy, you just need to let them work. They know exactly what to do.

Overall Score They teach us how to build better software and I can always communicate with them about problems. If we have an issue, they help.
    They are on a fine line between it making sense to contract testing out vs building our own testing team internally.
    They always work well with our team.

Mobile App Testing for App Development Agency

"Testarmy has participated substantially in our processes and has brought value to our team."

June 2015 - Ongoing

Testarmy is integrated into the client’s Agile app development process to provide on-demand manual and fragmentation testing of new features. They continue to integrate further into the client’s processes.

Wroclaw, Poland
Krzysztof Choma
CEO, Nomtek

Testarmy is reliable and dynamic. The client works directly with Testarmy’s engineers, who are highly skilled. The team is consistently on time and is quick to respond to the client’s needs. They are also able to scale their work easily and quickly based on their clients’ needs.

‎I am the chief executive officer of NOMTEK, an application development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Testarmy?

We had been trying to improve the quality of our application, so we looked for quality assurance services. It would have been difficult for us to build an internal quality assurance team quickly and we needed to have these capabilities in order to adapt to the market dynamics. Testarmy was able to fulfill this need quickly.

We mostly use Testarmy for manual testing, namely building manual test scenarios and executing them. Whenever we produce an application, Testarmy will create step-by-step scenarios for testing it. The scenarios are used for regression testing whenever we develop a new version of the application. This way, they cover the same cases for each iteration.

The second aspect of our work is fragmentation testing, which involves using several devices that we specify to Testarmy. They run manual tests on all relevant devices for each app.

Testarmy is integrated with our Agile development process and test each application as it is being developed. Whenever a new feature is delivered, Testarmy's testers will react to our work and check the quality of the features on demand. This may happen several times per week. We are minimizing the time spent between the delivery of a small feature to testing.

How did you come to work with Testarmy?

We considered local options but we found Testarmy through personal references. We knew the company's owners and felt that we could trust them. Throughout the cooperation, we have developed that trust.

How much have you invested with Testarmy?

I prefer not to disclose this information.

We started working with Testarmy several years ago. The collaboration is ongoing and our relationship has evolved over time. We continue to increase Testarmy's involvement in our processes.

Testarmy has fulfilled our testing needs consistently and their results are reliable. The flexibility they've shown in providing resources is also important to us. Testarmy has participated substantially in our processes and has brought value to our team.

Testarmy is highly integrated with our team, even though they're mostly working remotely for us. They quickly provide properly skilled resources based on our dynamic needs. They have a good process for picking the right people and training them.

How did Testarmy perform from a project management standpoint?

There is absolutely no bad feedback in this area. We can communicate with Testarmy's managers, but there isn't a great need to do this. We typically only discuss general needs and specific orders, while most of the work is done directly with Testarmy's engineers. There haven't been any missed deadlines and Testarmy has responded quickly to our needs. I really appreciate their ability to scale easily and offer us resources on demand. I was initially working with Testarmy directly, but we eventually assigned a person to manage the collaboration.

What did you find most impressive about Testarmy?

I've appreciated the quality of the service and Testarmy's scaling abilities. This is the main value we've gotten from them. We collaborate closely. Testarmy is tightly integrated into our workflow, which means that they participate in our processes together with our team. We can thus evolve our methodology and improve together.

Are there any areas Testarmy could improve?

It would be hard to say.

Testarmy has fulfilled its obligations.
    We have received very good value for our money.
    Testarmy has created high-quality test scenarios which have left a low number of bugs in our products.
    I have recommended Testarmy many times to other companies.