Push Forward.

Tension Design is a boutique agency bringing innovative thinking, methodology, and technology to push your business forward. We do this by focusing on expressly tailored, elegantly crafted digital marketing solutions built with your customers in mind. Big ideas that help you convert to real sales are fueled by creativity and built with technology. Any agency can say this; but we actually do it. Your brand is worth more than a template or some generic content.

We build custom digital programs we would be proud to call our own and have since 1995.

Make Meaning. Not Marketing.

There’s more to online success than having a responsive website or achieving the highest Google ranking or a killer e-book download. As technology has evolved, so have the expectations of today’s consumers. Through social media, the web and the instant connection with consumers, companies who are authentic and provide real value and serve their audience through helpful strategic content, ultimately connect the deepest.

1995

Kear Civil Corporation

Machine Solutions

Conifer Capital

Web Dev for Drive-Thru Liquor Store

"Tension Design provided highly skilled professionals that charged fair prices and completed work on time."

Jan. - Feb. 2019

Tension Design designed and built a website to attract out-of-town customers to a drive-thru liquor store. They created a visually appealing and user-friendly layout and implemented SEO.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Peter Vassallo
Owner, Liquor Vault

The site has launched and brought 25% growth thanks to a significant increase in out-of-town customers. Tension Design ran a smooth collaboration thanks to their constant communication, high level of responsiveness, and rapid delivery. Customers can expect a highly capable and diligent team.

I’m the owner of Liquor Vault, a drive-thru liquor store.

For what projects/services did your company hire Tension Design?

I engaged Tension Design to build an innovative website for my business.

I wanted a visually appealing site that attracts tourists and new customers.

I had used Tension Design’s services for my previous business. A friend had recommended their team, and they offered many services that met my needs.

Eric (Creative Director, Tension Design) first consulted with me to understand my vision and goals. Within two days, he came back to me with layout ideas and concepts for the site’s performance. The team then designed and developed our business website

Tension Design also implemented SEO to ensure top ranking in search results for liquor stores in Scottsdale. They promoted our delivery service as well as our party and wedding services.

I collaborated with Eric; he led a team of designers and professionals behind the scenes.

My business has grown 25% since the website launched. We received significantly more out-of-town customers since people can find us online. The final site is easy to navigate, and it has a creative look and feel. Whenever I want to update it, Tension Design gets it done within a day.

Eric made the collaboration effortless; he responded quickly to emails and answered the phone every time I called. Any changes were implemented rapidly, and he always explained the team’s work and methods.

​​​​​​Are there any areas for improvement?

I never ran into an issue with Tension Design. Their leadership and follow-through were outstanding. I’d highly recommend their team.

Overall Score I had an excellent experience working with Tension Design.
    The team made communication very easy.
    They charged fair market prices. I’m pleased with the costs.
    Tension Design delivered outstanding work.
    I would recommend them to everyone.

Web Design for Commercial Real Estate Company

"Their overall responsiveness and hard work were exceptional."

Tension Design completed a website development project to establish credibility and professionalism. The scope included design, launch, and ongoing hosting and support.

Steve Surgent
Founder/Principal, Conifer Capital

Tension Design created a high quality, professional, and descriptive website. The team worked through the weekend to complete the project quickly and efficiently within just a few weeks. They were responsive and hard working with excellent project management.

Conifer Capital, LLC, is a commercial real estate lending company based in Phoenix, Arizona.

What is your role or position at the company?

I am the founder and principal.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Tension Design?

As a startup, the primary goals we were trying to accomplish were establishing instant credibility and professionalism.

What were your company's specific goals for the project?

We wanted to design a website that could convey a professional image and provide a comprehensive description of what it is we do here at Conifer Capital.

The scope involved overall website design, launch, and ongoing hosting and support.

How did you come to work with Tension Design?

We performed some online research, including reviews of all of the Phoenix-based web design firms I could find. We narrowed it down to three final candidates and conducted phone interviews with all of them. Based on the conversations, we received three proposals. Once we completed our review of the proposals, we had follow-up conversations with all three firms. We then made our final decision based on our findings.

I believe it was around $5,000.

I believe it was last August. Tension developed our website very quickly – a couple of weeks, maybe less – from start to finish, including working through the weekend.

The results were fantastic. Our website is very professional-looking and descriptive, helping us instantly establish credibility and professionalism.

How did Tension Design perform overall?

Tension Design performed extremely well. I worked with Eric [Asleson, creative director], who was simply great. He worked through the weekend and was very responsive. He did a great job developing the website, which was up and running in no time.

What distinguishes Tension Design from other providers?

Their overall responsiveness and hard work were exceptional.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve or things you might do differently?

Web Design for Industrial Construction Company

"Response time is their biggest strength."

Tension Design provided end-to-end services for a new website, including design, development, and implementation. The website was designed to generate revenue from user searches.

President, Industrial Construction Company

The website is fully functional and is meeting the goal of generating revenue via client searches. Tension Design consistently performs well and excels in responsiveness. The team is quick to complete updates or tasks.

We are an industrial construction company that specializes in aviation fueling systems, water/wastewater infrastructure, and heavy civil construction.

I am the president.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Tension Design?

We are a new company, so we needed a website.

What were your company's specific goals for the project?

We wanted a comprehensive website that would generate revenue from user searches looking for our services.

The project involved complete website design and implementation.

How did you come to work with Tension Design?

We searched on Google and looked at user testimonial reviews.

We wanted to stay below $8,000 for our first website, including the first year of service.

I believe it was finished in mid-2007.

We received a fully functional website. We don't have actual statistics or metrics to share, but the website has generated revenue for us in terms of client searches. This achieved our goal and continues to do so.

How did Tension Design perform overall?

Very well – Tension has always done a great job for us.

What distinguishes Tension Design from other providers?

Response time is their biggest strength. When I needed an update done or something changed, they were quick to make it happen.

Overall Score Excellent.

Web Design for Body Donation Program

"Their customer service is outstanding."

2015 - Ongoing

Tension Design redesigned an outdated website to improve its mobile-friendliness and responsiveness. The team built 15 pages of core content and created a blog.

Marketing Manager, Body Donation Program

The website was well received by customers and colleagues. Tension Design exceeded expectations, proactively creating a content management system and remaining available for additional code. The team delivered a high-quality, appealing product according to scope and within budget.

We run a whole-body donation program.

I am the marketing manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Tension Design?

We needed a company that could execute a website for us. Our old page needed to be made mobile-friendly and rebuilt from the ground up. We wanted a visually appealing and responsive site.

We engaged with Tension Design for website design. We didn't use them for any marketing services. They put together 15 pages of core content and also worked on our site's blog and other resources.

How did you come to work with Tension Design?

We met with three other vendors. We had a relatively small project, so it was a matter of finding the company that could deliver the best product at the best price. We met with Tension Design and liked their approach.

The total development cost was between $10,000-20,000.

We started working with Tension Design a year ago.

We like the website that Tension Design created, but they weren't a part of its marketing, so the site's success is hard to attribute fully to them. Customers have definitely liked the site's design, and it was received very well by our company. One of the things on which their team was proactive was giving us a content management system that enabled us to make changes in terms of design.

What distinguishes Tension Design from other providers?

The number one item I appreciate about Tension Design is that they accomplished what we wanted them to do. We gave them general look-and-feel ideas for what we wanted, and they developed the solution for us. Above all, their customer service is outstanding. They're always there when additional code needs to be written for the site.

Is there anything Tension Design could have improved or done differently?

No. I've worked in other areas of advertising, so I can say that, given the parameters with which we established our budget, Tension Design met and exceeded our expectations. Whenever we needed to get something fixed, they did it for us.

Overall Score No one is perfect.

Web Design for Pest Control Service

"They set great expectations and delivered."

Tension Design built a small seven-page WordPress website with an embedded blog. The team was selected for their experience, confidence, and affordability. The project was completed in approximately 3 weeks.

Ben McAvoy
Owner/CEO, Insectek Pest Solutions

The new website has received positive feedback on its modern, simple, and appealing design. Tension Design has provided attentive and responsive customer service, even replying to midnight emails. The team was easy to work with, friendly, and down-to-earth.

We provide pest control services to customers in the Phoenix metro area.

I am the owner and CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Tension Design?

We wanted a new, modern website that would impress and inform our potential and current customers.

What were your company's specific goals for the project?

Our criteria for the new site were modern, simple design; engaging; easy to navigate; and visually appealing.

The website was small, around seven pages with a WordPress blog embedded.

How did you come to work with Tension Design?

Initially, we did a Google search of top web design companies in Phoenix. Then, I spoke with many others about my project and felt the most comfortable with Tension Design because of their experience, confidence, and price point.

The project cost $5,000.

The project took three weeks to complete.

I am very pleased with the website and received many compliments on it. They delivered on a visually appealing and simple design.

How did Tension Design perform overall?

I was very impressed with Tension Design's attention to me as a customer. Every question I asked was responded to incredibly fast, even when I emailed them at midnight. It was a very smooth process, and Tension Design performed incredibly.

What distinguishes Tension Design from other providers?

They were very responsive, friendly, easy to work with, and not pretentious like some of the other companies I vetted.

None. They set great expectations and delivered.