Technology Experts

TECKpert was founded in 2009 with the intent of helping businesses improve their online presence. What started as a one-man team developing websites for local Miami businesses expanded into the digital hub we are today, having created hundreds of websites and mobile apps thus far. Our team is diversely filled with expert web designers, app developers, marketers and everything in between.

We strive to make the web an easier and more efficient place for consumers to discover and interact with brands. This is why we don’t just do projects, we build businesses. It’s what generates long-term results and keeps us always striving for more.

Miami, FL

• SaaS
  • Startups
  • Technology

Full Rebrand & Digital Marketing for Specialty Contractor

"TECKpert's design is top-notch. Everything they've come up with on the sites I've never needed to tweak – and I'm picky."

2012 - Ongoing

With the goal of better telling their story, the client hired TECKpert to assist with their rebranding which included web work, social media presence improvement, and logo design.

Miami Metro Area
Steve Sanko
CEO, Dash Door & Closer Service

TECKpert is an extremely valuable partner for the client. The agency’s work on the website alone had very positive effects on the client’s business. TECKpert is praised for their transparency, enthusiasm, and comprehensive services.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

Dash Door & Closer Service is a 61-year-old specialty contractor in the Miami metro area. We perform, furnish, and install glass and glazing; door access control security; and contract door and hardware. We are also a commercial door service. I am the chief operating officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with TECKpert?

We needed a modest rebranding, so they did more than just web work for us. We wanted a social media presence combined with a new website and a new logo design. The rebranding was to tell our story, which is a difficult one to tell. Given our many different departments, we could be a number of different companies. With TECKpert's help, we wanted one image and one message, all in one turnkey solution.

Our involvement with TECKpert developed through the years. We started working with them several years ago when we asked them to redesign our website. We'd had the old website for a long time, and we wanted it rebuilt from the ground up as a way of better promoting our products and services.

After that, we added a social media component, so I had them completely manage our social media on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. They also did some of our press releases, then moved on to AdWords and a mobile site. After that, we had a new product we wanted to launch, so we had them develop a separate website for that product. They took on responsibility for that site, including social media. Finally, they did all the SEO [search engine optimization] for both sites.

How did you come to work with TECKpert?

It was a referral from a local IT [information technology] company. They had mentioned TECKpert, so I went and met with them. It was immediately obvious that they understood what they were doing. I didn't get a lot of fluff. I've spoken to many web developers, but I could tell right from the beginning they wanted to understand our business.

TECKpert is the only agency I interviewed that wanted to understand what we do and not just slap things up on a website. That took a while to accomplish, and even during the course of their work, they had a lot of break through moments where they actually understood our business. I liken them to a partner right now – like a lawyer or an accountant or an insurance agent. They pretty much get all of my business.

How much have you invested with TECKpert?

My yearly spend with that project is in the $50,000 to $60,000 range. That's without special projects. Projects like logos and certain other developments, you can throw another $5,000 to $10,000 on top of that – so probably between $50,000 and $65,000 a year.

We started working with TECKpert in 2012, and the work is ongoing. They give me detailed monthly reports on social media and AdWords. I get a marketing report and a digital and social media marketing summary every month, which shows our SEO and our AdWords progress. This is an important and consistent deliverable.

I won a very large job merely because of optimizing of one particular search term that probably no one else did – it was a very large contract. I joke with them that one contract paid for probably 10 years of their services. It was a home run. I probably shouldn't have told them, but I did. I said it was just one thing – somebody saw us on the web. We focus on just a couple of little things that have a higher margin of work, and I get a couple of calls a year on them. I know it's from the website.

How did TECKpert perform from a project management standpoint?

TECKpert are very hands-on. They have a number of qualified project managers, and I like it that they assign one relationship manager – one person that will work with us throughout an entire project.

They use Basecamp, which I like. For example, right now we're working on totally revamping one of my sites, so all of the content I'm assigned comes on Basecamp. I can use it to upload copy quickly. Basecamp provides daily updates. It's really useful.

What did you find most impressive about TECKpert?

The first thing is very much an intangible – the people at TECKpert are excited about what we do. Either they're good at pretending or they are interested – either way, it works for me. They understand our product. They understand what we do. They're really into it.

TECKpert is not just a web development company. They're truly an online marketing company. I didn't know anything about AdWords and how to spend my money wisely. I can pop into TECKpert's office anytime, sit down, and they'll explain those things to me. I'm definitely not tech-savvy, but I feel the money I'm spending is being spent wisely because I can see results.

I can see what's happening on our site. There's a lot of transparency. If something's up or down, I see it on their reporting, which is awesome. Their reporting is web-based so I can get on anytime and see live what's going on with my site. I guess they tag into Google Analytics, and then reformat it. It's much more useful than just looking at Google Analytics – it's pretty cool.

They're open to anything. Right now, I have a project where I have them doing a technical manual for me, which I wouldn't normally dream of having a web developer do. They've been doing this for years with me, actually helping me write a technical manual and formatting it to match the website, which would've been difficult for me to do. They'll get the manual to a certain point, then I'll be able to edit it, and we can go back and forth. They've been with us long enough that they know what I do. I don't think I would trust anybody else to do a technical manual for me, but I can utilize them as an out-of-office resource.

It's almost like bringing on a full-time employee with all the value of that kind of relationship. That's how I looked at it when I looked at my budget and said this is a big step for us. It's a decent expense, but it's completely justified when I look at what's happening with our brand and how I've been able to differentiate myself. We're well known because of the work of TECKpert. We are looked to by many people in the business as the standard. I go to various peer conventions and people ask who we use and what we're doing and how did you do that. They realize that it took a lot of work to do this right.

Their insistence on content is also very much appreciated. It's not just AdWords. They push me to make sure we're putting out more and more content. They understand how that relates to search and having a relevant site, so they help me with that content a lot. I'll provide the barebones, and they'll take it the rest of the way for me.

TECKpert's design is top-notch. Everything they've come up with on the sites I've never needed to tweak – and I'm picky. I might change minor things a little bit, but their design sense is very professional. They designed all my logos, colors, schemes, everything on the site, and I've never had to say I don't like this. I think we just mesh in that way.

Are there any areas TECKpert could improve?

No. Even during the process of writing the technical manual, they continued to learn about us and understand us even more. I don't have anything that I'd say they could improve. They're always accessible.

They’ve never done overruns, and when they say what the cost will be, it is what it is. Even if they have done an overrun, I don’t see it. Their quotes stand.
    I’ve dealt with many vendors, and I’ve never worked with anybody like TECKpert.
    I refer them to everybody.