Software Services Company

TechAffinity is a software services company that specializes in providing technology services to Small and Medium Enterprise to Global 2000 and F500 Companies. Our innovative engagement and custom-design process models provide Clients to recognize TechAffinity as their partner of choice to fulfill their software development needs.

With our experience in services spanning Application Development, Maintenance Outsourcing, Professional Consulting and Testing & QA Outsourcing, we guarantee our Clients the best of knowledge and support, coupled with the best practices in the dynamic IT scenario. Specialties Application Development, Maintenance & Support, Testing & QA, Opensource, .Net, Mobile, and Social Media Apps, Mainframe, SharePoint, etc

2000
Tampa, FL
  • 20701 Bruce B Downs Blvd Suite 204
    Tampa, FL 33647
  • India

PhonePe, Sport360, Freshworks, Decathlon, SlingTV

Custom Drupal Development for a Nonprofit

"There’s not a rating I could give that would be high enough."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

TechAffinity Inc developed and launched a nonprofit resource network. They built an open source platform and recently launched the solution. They continue to monitor the network.

Florida, United States
Chris Fitzpatrick
Deputy Director, VeteransPlus

The vendor performs affordable full-cycle development with minimal direction from the client. Strengths include team leadership and problem solving. The team offers intensive consultation and clearly communicates strategy throughout the cycle.

I am the deputy director of VeteransPlus, a nonprofit that helps connect veterans and their families to financial aid and advice. VeteransPlus is affiliated with The Yellow Ribbon Network.

What challenge were you trying to address with TechAffinity Inc?

Seven years ago, we launched a network to help our nonprofit partners coordinate their efforts to help military and veteran families. Our network lacked funding and we weren’t satisfied with the quality. We wanted to build a robust new network with more useful tools.

They developed and tested the new version of our Drupal open source network. The team worked independently, but took direction from our consultants. The network launched in November 2018 and scales to phones and tablets. TechAffinity continues to monitor its status.

We are in regular contact with Jam (Founder and CEO, TechAffinity Inc) in Tampa; Kyle (Director of Operations, The Yellow Ribbon Network), is Jam’s main point of contact.

How did you come to work with TechAffinity?

We had a consultant who had worked with them; they introduced us in December 2014. We interviewed TechAffinity and selected them without conducting any further interviews. Jam’s proximity to us was another factor.

We’ve spent close to $500,000.

We began working with TechAffinity in January 2015 and the engagement is ongoing.

The network we have built continues to grow. They've introduced us to ideas and concepts that we didn't know existed. They have educated our team members and directed us toward new nonprofit opportunities.

How did TechAffinity Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

There’s not a rating I could give that would be high enough. Kyle manages the project on our side, and Senthil (Director of Open Sources Initiatives, TechAffinity) understands what we’re trying to accomplish. Jam and Kyle are both connected to Senthil, whom we often call in India. Occasionally, we give to Jam and his team transcribes them for Senthil. As a nonprofit, we have to micromanage our funds, but the countless hours we’ve spent with Jam haven’t cost anything. Jam has met with us about 200 times over five years and has never charged us a dime for his time. He has advised and guided our team throughout the partnership.

They’re best at listening. The team doesn’t just build what we tell them to build, they think outside the box. That creative approach is critical to our success.

No, I can’t think of anything.

I've never seen a better firm, especially for affordability, direction, and leadership.

Ongoing Development Outsourcing for Web Design Studio

“TechAffinity is very consistent, so I know what to expect.”

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

TechAffinity Inc develops WordPress customizations to collect data. They use Typeform to create online surveys and set up an automated process that sends user-submitted information to a database through an API.

Jefferson City, Missouri
Lance Finley
Owner, Firehouse Design Inc

After past offshore vendors failed to adhere to timelines, TechAffinity came onboard and delivered on schedule. They fulfilled the scope of work and met the deadline. The team has a comprehensive range of technical abilities and can work with a variety of programming languages.

I am the owner of Firehouse Design Inc. We mainly offer web design.

What challenge were you trying to address with TechAffinity Inc?

We needed to outsource some development work.

I mainly use TechAffinity Inc for PHP and MySQL development, but they’ve also done some .NET work for me. They’ve created customizations to go on top of the WordPress platform. Using Typeform, they’ve built online forms for users to fill out. The team set up procedures that regularly reach out to the API, extract the input on these forms, and post it to the database.

I interact with about three people from their team.

How did you come to work with TechAffinity Inc?

TechAffinity reached out to me first.

I generally buy a bank of 50 hours that I can use at any time. A typical project with TechAffinity costs around $6,000–$9,000.

We’ve been working together since January 2010.

TechAffinity delivered on the timelines that we set according to the agreed-upon scope. I have met one of their sales managers, and I enjoy their attitude. It’s easy to let them know if something isn’t working for me, and they will make adjustments as needed. I wasn’t pleased with other overseas outsourcing options I’d used, but TechAffinity has done a good job.

How did TechAffinity Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

TechAffinity Inc hit our deadlines, which was an important achievement. Other offshores developers I’ve used would not only miss deadlines, but also fail to communicate when that occurred. I need to be careful about defining the job scope clearly, but they always deliver what they say they will.

TechAffinity Inc has the capability to work with any technology I need. If I don’t know a certain programming language, I can describe the work I want to be done, and they will make the necessary connections to set it up properly.

There's nothing that stands out to improve.

Be clear about the end goal for the project. I suggest using a fixed bid rather than a bank of hours. It seemed to take them longer to do things that I would need. TechAffinity is very consistent, so I know what to expect. I would prefer to know the exact price upfront, though.

They aren’t the cheapest.
    They do a really good job.