We turn ideas into innovative projects.

Taller is Digital Business Company in Brazil. We offer development services and digital products that seeks to help companies of all sizes to solve their pains and meet their business objectives in the digital space. We apply continuous innovation, knowledge transfer and quest for extreme quality and process improvement as prerequisites for solid and lasting relationships.

Florianópolis, Brazil
  • Taller Digital Business
    Rua Lauro Linhares, 1281. Sala 04 Trindade
    Florianópolis, SC 88036-003
    Brazil
    +55 (48) 3238-4598
  • Taller Digital Business

Natura Cosméticos - Global cosmetics company with a sales force on 1.7 million independent seller​

FIESC - The entities are aimed at promoting a favorable business environment, quality of life and education of workers and encouraging innovation

Playspot Games

PECE - Platform for Experimental, = Collaborative Ethnography

AppnovationTechnologies

Acquia

Web Development for Latin American Beauty Company

"The amount of time that users are spending on our website has gone up, and the users who are uploading content to the website couldn’t be happier."

Mar. 2015 - Ongoing

The client hired Taller Digital Business for assistance in developing and maintaining more than fifty digital assets on the Drupal platform.

5,001-10,000 Employees

São Paulo, Brazil
IT Manager, Latin American Beauty Company

Taller Digital Business performs well for the client and successfully improved their website’s performance and security. The client praises the agency for their high-quality work and commitment to the project. TDB is recommended to others.

Our company is located in Brazil and we mostly sell cosmetics. We have a large group of sales consultants selling our products door to door daily.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I’m an IT product manager. I’m responsible for all of the digital assets that focus on our final customer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Taller Digital Business?

I take care of more than fifty digital assets here, not only maintaining but also developing them. Our company wanted to move towards Drupal for most of our web applications. For me, it was the chance to give our company our first generation Drupal web application.

We had an extremely aggressive time schedule, so we pretty much did all of the development in one month. That was insane for a project this big, but Taller Digital was okay with it. They told me that I could trust them, so I gave them the opportunity. They knew that if they messed up, they would not have other opportunities here. They have performed extremely well, and everything went great. The website is now live and everyone loves it. The quality of the code and the stability of the solution is outstanding compared to other partners we have worked with.

How did you come to work with Taller Digital Business?

Several of my IT colleagues recommended them to me. I started talking with Taller Digital and started noticing what their vision was and how they ran their business. From the moment that we started talking, it was love at first sight. I really felt that they were connected to our cause, and that they understood our goals for this new website.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in financial terms or work hours?

We have invested somewhere around 1,900 hours on this project.

We started working together in March of 2015, and I’m currently working with them on databases. We have a monthly contract with them for several hours of upgrading to the site. As of right now, they are taking care of small bugs and adding features. We are also running several requests for proposal [RFPs] for the development of other websites, and they are trying to close deals with us on all of those RFPs.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

Taller Digital Business has helped us achieve several things here, considering the website and coding itself on our previous version of the site. We constantly had support tickets issued to my colleagues and me because the backend wouldn’t work and the website wasn’t performing properly. It’s all clear now; we do not have to spend the time we used to on making the website work. Now we are only focused on making it better.

We have identified several key performance indicators [KPIs] for our application. The performance of our website is better now, and the security levels are better as well. This is not only because of Taller Digital Business, but because we are using a platform service provider that’s been extremely good for us. The amount of time that users are spending on our website has gone up, and the users who are uploading content to the website couldn’t be happier.

In two months after the launch of this project, we have had more than 200 pieces of content on our website, mainly news articles. They are extremely well-done, have rich content and are responsive. Our end users are using the platform as it was meant to be used. Every day, they are putting more and more content on it, and we haven’t had any major problems. Being from IT and knowing how things usually work in IT, more than anyone else, I know the project has been great.

What distinguishes Taller Digital Business from other providers?

They have an extremely good reputation, not only in IT but in the market as well, which is pretty great considering they are a tiny company with only about 20 or 30 people working there.

Is there anything Taller Digital Business could have improved or done differently?

We were in a rush, and from the beginning they did not follow all of the right processes. With more time for planning, things could have run a little less insane. But that was our problem, not theirs. They were extremely loyal and helped me a lot.

Platform Development for Academic Research Group

"In terms of technical proficiency, I think they're really competent and very good at what they [Taller Negócios Digitais] do."

June 2015 - Ongoing

The client hired Taller Negócios Digitais for assistance with building their data-sharing and collaboration platform on the Drupal web framework.

Troy. New York
Luis Felipe Murillo
Anthropologist, Academic Research Group

Taller Negócios Digitais is an effective partner for the client. The agency is recognized for their excellent communication, patience, and commitment to the project. There have been no complaints and Taller Negócios Digitais is recommended to others.

We're an academic research group located in the city of Troy in upstate New York. We're an interdisciplinary collaboration, so we have people working from different universities, although most work in the department of science and technology studies at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. The group is made up of academics. We have historians of science and anthropologists of science studying the culture of computing and climate scientists working on environmental issues in different parts of the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Taller Negócios Digitais?

We have undertaken a very ambitious project. We are trying to build a platform to facilitate data sharing and collaboration among anthropologists and historians worldwide. The legal, ethical, and privacy issues in our fields are very complicated, and we are trying to come up with wide applications to tackle these issues and enhance collaboration. We inherited this platform, and we have some technical expertise in the research group, but none of us are software developers, so that's how Taller came into the picture. We hired them to help us implement this data sharing and collaboration project.

How did you come to work with Taller Negócios Digitais?

I was given the responsibility of finding a company, so I started contacting several. We're using a web framework called Drupal, which is popular, has a huge community and a lot of companies working with it. A fairly mature community has been built up around Drupal. I first went to the Drupal website. I was looking for certified companies, companies that had some formal relation to the Drupal platform. Because it's open source, companies are constantly contributing to either the core of Drupal or to modules that extend the platform.

I went online and collected the names of maybe six Drupal companies. I contacted them all, and I received estimates from them. Even though now we have received more money for development, at that time we had only $40,000 to do a lot of things. I got estimates from different companies, and they were all too high – in the $50,000 to $60,000 range. The rate per hour is $150 for companies in the United States, but Taller offered us a much better rate.

I have some friends who are in the IT [information technology] business, and I asked them for companies in Latin America that I might contact. They told me that Taller was expensive by Brazilian standards, but that they were professional and would be able to respond to our needs. We chose Taller because of their good rate per hour. They seemed professional and were willing to work with us.

We're planning to spend around $40,000 with Taller for this part of the project, which is to build distribution around the platform and have something that can be adapted for different research groups. We are estimating that we will need to put most of that money into this to have the distribution ready. After that, we are going to start extending the distribution in four areas, but we don't know how much that will cost because we have to get more funding.

We started working with them about three months ago, and we are still working with them. We did 100 hours so far with them, and we are now starting a contract for another 160 hours. We may continue working with them for another 200 hours or so until we are at a point that we can continue developing the platform ourselves.

Could you share any statistics, metrics, or other feedback from this engagement?

I appreciate the commitment of Taller Negócios Digitais's developers, business analysts, and employees. They communicate with us, they are very attentive to details, and they are willing to engage with us. We're academics – we're not a business, We have different needs, and we have to discuss things that are very complicated. I think that's been very positive. They've been very attentive and consistent in working with us.

What distinguishes Taller Negócios Digitais from other providers?

Because of the needs of our project, I would say the most striking feature is actually their attention to the client. We would frequently have four-hour meetings, and they would be super patient and willing to change their minds. Because we are designing something new and complicated, we go back and forth a lot about what we need, and they are very patient. I think that's a very positive thing, and it's hard to find a company that would be willing to do that.

Is there anything Taller Negócios Digitais could have improved or you would have done differently?

Yes. We've had several discussions with them about the process. In the beginning, because of the complexity of the things we needed them to do, their pace of development was not as fast as we would have liked. We had expectations for a faster output rate for the tasks we had for them, but it turned out that this was more of a problem in our communication with them and in not understanding the difficulty of the tasks that we gave them.

Overall Score I'm really happy. I don't have any complaints and I think we're doing great. The frustrations we have are frustrations that are part of any software development project, like problems of communication, problems of scoping, technical difficulties,
    We were hoping to accomplish more, and we couldn't finish one of the major tasks that we had. That was caused by other issues regarding our internal process of the development. We had to go over certain functioning requirements, and we always take a long
    I would say that was pretty good. You have to put this in relation to other companies. They're pretty expensive when compared to other Latin American companies. However, if you look at cost on an international scale, if you look at Western European or
    In terms of technical proficiency, I think they're really competent and very good at what they do.
    For my Brazilian colleagues, I would say they would need a fairly robust budget to be able to hire them because they are expensive. For people that work here in the U.S., I would say that they would be a good company to work with because they work at an

Web Development & e-Commerce Development for Entertainment Hub

"Everything we asked for, they found a way to provide a solution. I would recommend listening to the Taller Negócios Digitais specialists."

With the goal of expanding their business and diversifying their portfolio, the client hired Taller Negócios Digitais to assist with multiple web development projects.

São Paulo, Brazil
André Januario
Operations Manager, playspot

Taller Negócios Digitais performed well for the client and contributed to increased traffic and an improved social media presence. The agency is recognized for their high-quality work and technical expertise and is recommended to others.

playspot is an entertainment hub focused on game publishing including browser games, mobile games, client games, and e-commerce.

What is your role at the company?

I'm the operations manager of playspot

What business challenge were you trying to address with

Taller Negócios Digitais?

We don't have a development team in house yet and we were looking for a company that could fill this lack in our organization acting more like a development branch of playspot instead of another third-party development company. We tried to develop other projects by ourselves and we failed. We failed, we lost money, and we lost time (meaning more money). We needed someone who could understand our needs and bring the best solutions to achieve them with little to no effort and optimizing our budget.

What were your company's business goals for the project?

We wanted to expand our business. Since we are more than just a publisher, we are also an entertainment portal, we needed to expand to others markets and diversify our portfolio. This led us to asking Taller for help.

The project consists of several small projects as websites for games, e-commerce platform, and customized support system, among others. The first delivery was a website for a browser game called Barbarians. This site includes integration with payment gateway, third-party login system, and the game itself.

How did you come to work with Taller Negócios Digitais?

We talked to many development companies before finding Taller. Our business is very specific and our team is very different from the ones at traditional companies. We make money playing games, so we needed a team that understood this. We don't have a suffocating environment at work with top downs and excruciating journeys. We are easy going and we looked for someone with the same mindset. Taller won this race by far.

It was 2,400 hours at first, but since Taller became true real partner, it will continue growing.

The first part was delivered in August 2015.

The project was delivered recently, so we don't have any relevant metrics yet, but we can see a big traffic increase in our websites and social media after the release of the first site made by Taller.

Their team exceeded our expectations delivering not just a site, but an entire reusable structure, which we'll use in the others projects. Taller helped us optimize the costs of a new project. Besides that, they provided full business consultancy and advising.

What distinguishes Taller Negócios Digitais from other providers?

By far their culture. Nothing is impossible for them. Everything we asked for, they found a way to provide a solution. I would recommend listening to the Taller Negócios Digitais specialists. They probably know your necessities better than you.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

We should have started with big and most valuable part of the project instead of a "go slow to know who they are." We did this, and now we think that we wasted our time thinking small. We definitely should have aimed bigger at first with them and I'm sure that we wouldn't have been disappointed.

Drupal Content Management for Software Company

"When you're partnering with a firm on a number of projects, it's not usually the case that every project goes well, but that's been the case with Taller."

2013 - Ongoing

The client originally hired Taller Digital Business for their proficiency with an open source Drupal content management platform and also uses the agency as a representative.

Boston Metro Area
Director, Software Company

Taller Digital Business is an effective partner for the client and consistently delivers high quality work. The client praises the agency for their technical expertise, strong engineering, and great leadership skills. Taller Digital Business is recommended to others.

We are a software company.

What are your position and responsibilities?

My role is to manage alliances with digital agencies, systems integrators and other companies that use our services.

I'm responsible for Latin America and our partnerships there. We work with a small group of strategic partners that have that capability in market. Initially, the reason we engaged with Taller Digital Business is that they had capability around an open source Drupal content management platform that is widely used in Latin America.

Taller is one of the most capable firms in Latin America around the Drupal platform, and they are very active in the community. That's a very important thing in open source – to be active in a community and contributing code to the core of Drupal as well as the modules and other functionalities that extend that open-source platform. Taller was very involved in the local community. There's such a thing as a Drupal Camp, and they run the Drupal Camp for Florianopolis, Brazil. They also do work throughout Brazil and for some American and European clients, all around the Drupal content management system platform.

They have a few enterprise-level clients who needed an enterprise platform for deployment, so that's why they came to us. Through working with them, we also discovered they would be a good fit as a partner. They're also a reseller partner, so they not only provide services on the platform and make referrals for us, but they are also a representative for us, reselling our platform in Brazil, which is also a valuable aspect of the relationship.

How did you come to work with Taller Digital Business?

Our first interaction was in 2013. At that time, it was my first trip down to meet our partners in Brazil. That was when I first met them. They were working with one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world locally in Brazil. It was particularly interesting to me at the time that they were working with a major company like them, that they had good technical resources, and that they were well known in Brazil as a good technical shop. That's what initially led me to meet with them. That was in May 2013.

What is the status of this relationship?

Since we started working with them in 2013, we've collaborated on a few projects including the largest cosmetics company in Brazil. They've grown a lot since I met them, and they're working with some great brands.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this relationship?

All the projects that we've done with Taller Digital Business have turned out well. When you're partnering with a firm on a number of projects, it's not usually the case that every project goes well, but that's been the case with Taller. The relationship has been a very positive experience.

What distinguishes Taller Digital Business from other providers?

They are very dedicated to client service –fanatical in that respect. They also have very strong technical capability and progressive processes, so they use agile methodology for the way they do their engineering. They have strong engineering and leadership, and I think their relationships and client service has been very good. I think all those are contributing factors.

Frankly, for a Brazilian firm, they interact very well with American- and English-speaking firms. There has never been a language barrier. I've worked with some other firms where maybe their CEO and their head of sales speak great English, but once you get into the engineers and the other people in the organization, I have run into problems. I don't find that to be the case with Taller. Everybody there is very good at communication.

They're growing, and they're growing rapidly, so I think they're trying to figure out how they can do sales at the same time as providing great delivery for their customers, but that's just one of the challenges of growing. I really don't have anything negative to say. The relationship has been very good. My sense is that a lot of the sales function falls on the CEO, so I think that they might be more successful if they were able to hire a very client-savvy senior sales leader.

When we refer business to them, we care that their rates are in line with their capability and with the market cost, and I believe they are. I've recommended them to a few different organizations on that basis.
    I strongly believe they provide good value.