Serious Talent

A top specialized executive recruiting agency and staffing firm, Talencio provides vetted, accomplished professionals to the Health Technology community: Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Digital Health, and more. Talencio has a deep understanding alongside a community of experts to deliver on our promise: to partner with senior management and HR executives to get the right people in the right place.

2008
Minneapolis, MN
  • 706 N 1st Street, 1st Floor
    Minneapolis, MN 55401

Recruiting for Medical Consulting Firm

"They have a good understanding of exactly what I need."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Talencio provides ongoing recruiting support for a business looking for employees with unique skill sets and expertise. They identify and screen potential candidates and set up interviews if needed.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Britt Norton
President, Medavise LLC

The candidates brought to the business by Talencio have all met the on-paper requirements, meaning the team shows a great ability to listen and follow through. Their ability to understand the business’ needs and handle the process smoothly make them a standout team.

I’m the president of Medavise, an independent consulting firm serving the medical device industry. We provide our clients with engineering, quality, clinical and regulatory support, all for the purpose of helping them get their devices through regulatory approvals and to market.

What challenge were you trying to address with Talencio?

Since the help we offer our clients is very specialized, it’s hard to find people who fit all of our requirements. I hired Talencio to help find the right candidates to work for us.

When I need someone to support a project and we don’t have the right professional available, I approach Talencio with a job description. After describing the project, timeline and the type of person I need for the project, they begin their own process of identifying and screening potential candidates.

Talencio then responds with potential candidates, giving me their background and CV to help me make an initial decision on moving forward.  If I decide that I would like to have an interview with a candidate, they set it up for me.

I generally work with 1–2 people, but my main contact is always Paula (President). She delegates the work to the right teammates.

How did you come to work with Talencio?

I know Paula personally through years in the industry, so we have that connection. Knowing that they were there and Paula's dedication to finding the right candidate, I called them up when I needed help.

We’ve spent around $500,000 on their services since we started working together.

We started working together in February 2018 and our relationship is ongoing.

The candidates they provide for me to consider consistently meet my requirements. They find high-quality professionals on a regular basis. I’ve looked at around 20 candidates from Talencio and 100% of the time they’ve met our initial requirements.

How did Talencio perform from a project management standpoint?

While I often initiate contact via email, I always talk with Paula or a team member to communicate the details of our needs directly.  We will occasionally meet in person.  They provide updates on the status of the search throughout the process and are willing and able to refine their search as I continue to refine the requirements.

They have a good understanding of exactly what I need. They are willing to listen to my full story, process it, and come back with candidates that are a likely fit which makes subsequent interviews that much easier. I haven’t used any other agencies because I’m happy with Talencio.

No, nothing jumps out at me for them to improve.

Knowing exactly what you’re looking for in a candidate, from the objective details of their background to subjective requirements such as communication and leadership style, will be very helpful.  Being able to provide Talencio with well-defined roles upfront will help them do their best work.

Clinical Staff Augmentation for Medical Research Co

"The quality of the people that Talencio brings forward is much higher than that of competitors."

Talencio augmented recruitment resources to support the execution of clinical trials for a medical device startup. Following requirements, the team identified talent to manage clinical operations and vendors.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tom Rasmussen
VP of Clinical Research, Cardialen, Inc.

Talencio provided several highly qualified candidates to successfully support clinical processes with three capable contractors. The team found diligent talent efficiently to enable timely onboarding processes. They offer resources to execute effective searches that yield satisfying results.

I’m the vice president of clinical at Cardialen, Inc. We’re an early stage and feasibility study, medical device company that investigates low energy therapy to treat cardiac arrhythmias. We’re in the early research stage of development. My responsibilities are to plan and execute clinical trials at participating hospitals around the country and overseas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Talencio?

There were only two of us in clinical trying to execute trials at the time when we brought Talencio onboard. We outsourced to standard clinical research organizations but internally, we needed skilled people who could manage the operations of the study as well as interface with contracted vendors. We needed to bring on people with certain skills in clinical studies.

Talencio searched for contractors who had specific skillsets that included experience executing clinical trials and experience in the cardia rhythm management space such as pacemakers and defibrillators. Their team also looked for people who had experience working for larger CRM companies such as Medtronic and Boston Scientific. They reviewed individuals in their network who sought contract positions and screened people based on our criteria to present us with a few potential candidates. Then, we looked through their resumes and work histories to make a decision about who we wanted to bring in for interviews. After we brought on the first contractor that Talencio recommended, we brought on two additional people. Right now, we’re at the status quo and aren’t looking for any additional resources.

We worked with two, potentially three people from Talencio.

How did you come to work with Talencio?

I communicated with Paula (President, Talencio) and Talencio found qualified people for a colleague previously. Another recruiter helped us look for contractors, but that engagement didn’t work out, so we focused on Talencio. By reputation, we knew that their team operated at a high caliber.

We spent between $250,000–$500,000 on their services.

We started working with Talencio in January 2019 and the engagement’s ongoing.

We’ve brought three people on board who Talencio recommended. We also interviewed between 3–5 individuals who we didn’t select but were quality candidates. For me, their success isn’t a quantitative measure but a qualitative measure. The people who we selected that Talencio recommended are high-quality workers.

How did Talencio perform from a project management standpoint?

Talencio listened and was passionate about finding the right person for us. Their team found individuals to review within the necessary timeframe. We brought people on board at the exact time when it was planned.

We’re a small company, so the only objectives that we set are company objectives for enrollment in clinical trials. We set week-to-week tasks to get done. From that standpoint, the people who Talencio found meet our internal deadlines to achieve overall company goals. They contribute to ensuring that we meet our deadlines.

The quality of the people that Talencio brings forward is much higher than that of competitors. The experiences that candidates have are more closely aligned with what we expected.

At the same time that we started to work with Talencio, we worked with another vendor. That individual brought 1–2 people forward who weren’t even close to what we needed. Talencio has the capabilities to match our needs with the right people.

No, I would return to them. Talencio was successful in finding the people we needed. They’re also fair. Their team gave us a break when we transitioned the one contractor to a full-time position.

Use them. If they have questions, they’ll ask before they make inquiries with candidates. They have a good network to find the people you need. Talencio works well in the medical industry. For companies that need clinical people, they’re the place to go.

Staffing for Medical Device Company

“I was impressed with their continued commitment throughout the entire process.”

Jan. - May 2019

Talencio handled the recruitment and vetting process for a medical device startup. Their team helped shape the job description and performed pre-screenings for all candidates. They submitted the top talent.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Michele Shepard
Former VP of Clinical Affairs, Medical Device Company

Their team successfully processed ideal candidates in a timely manner. The partners communicated on a weekly basis. Talencio showcased friendliness, professionalism, and knowledge. They devoted a lot of effort and commitment to the partnership and ended relations on a positive note.

I was the VP of clinical affairs at a medical device startup company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Talencio?

We needed help finding field clinical research specialists to support a large clinical trial.

Talencio helped us brainstorm and think through the hiring process. First, they assisted us in finalizing the job description and identifying ideal candidate characteristics.

Then, their team provided a potential-candidate vetting process. It not only met our specific job description tasks, but also vetted candidates in relation to our company values, team characteristics, and personalities.

The final step was to identify appropriate candidates to bring in for screenings and in-person interviews. However, they didn’t just provide strategic help, their team thoroughly evaluated the candidates before they even got to us. Talencio performed pre-screening and pre-interviews to ensure the candidates presented to us were the best of the best.

I worked with three individuals from Talencio’s team.

How did you come to work with Talencio?

I’d known about Talencio for a while because they’re located in my area. A coworker personally knows the owner, and they referred them to me. I was looking for a different type of recruitment firm than what I’d been exposed to in the past, and Talencio fit that mold.

We invested between $10,000–$50,0000.

We worked with them from January–May 2019. Our company unexpectedly closed so it wasn’t a voluntary decision to stop working with them, I had to.

I don’t have any success metrics, but I can attest that they can turn candidates around in a timely fashion. Their team brought appropriate candidates for us to vet and managed all the coordination of in-house interviews without a flaw. They were very involved and responsive.

How did Talencio perform from a project management standpoint?

Talencio is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Their process was great because they provided thorough information on the candidates. The team made sure that the candidates provided helpful and useful information. We kept in contact on a weekly basis.

I was impressed with their continued commitment throughout the entire process. They were just as committed to us the first week we worked together as compared to the last. Talencio put forth a lot of effort into our partnership, and never put our company aside when they received new clients.

No, I don’t think so. They are very impressive.

I advise potential customers to trust the process and what the experts bring to the table.