A team of obsessed, data-driven marketers

A team of obsessed, data driven internet marketers who lead companies through the ever fluid landscape of today’s digital medium.

With a focus on numbers, analytics, and technical expertise, Taktical forms creative, bleeding edge digital strategies that is followed up with surgically precise execution.

Specializing in launching and leading young startups through their growth phase by building a digital footprint.

Taktical has successfully led multiple clients through nine figure valuations and several successful exits.

Taktical has been featured in Forbes, Under30CEO, and TheNextWeb.

New York City, NY
  • Taktical
    568 Broadway, 11th floor
    New York City, NY 10012
    516.238.1317

WeWork, Splash, Fueled, Chase, Artsy, WireDrive, Genymotion, Wolf & Badger

Digital Marketing for Pre-Owned Clothing Retailer

"Taktical has been fantastic to work with; they've increased our sales tremendously."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Taktical managed FaceBook, Google, and AdRoll marketing campaigns to take sales to a whole new level. They also trained in-house staff to optimize email services.

Brooklyn, New York
CEO and Co-Founder, TagPop

In eight months, Taktical increased revenue by over 400% and revolutionized the company’s strategy to reflect innovative marketing trends. Responsive yet independent, Taktical delivered results.

TagPop is an online retailer.

I am the founder and CEO of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Taktical?

I needed help increasing my sales.

Taktical helped skyrocket my sales. I thought that I was doing everything right, but they proved the contrary. Taktical has been managing my Facebook and Google advertising, as well as retargeting ads through AdRoll. Taktical worked on my SEO and email marketing, eventually training one of our in-house people for email-related tasks. Taktical also provided influencer-outreach services.

How did you come to work with Taktical?

I met Taktical's team through a friend who knew one of their owners. I was reluctant to use a provider, but I knew that I needed professional help.

This is confidential.

We started working with Taktical in July or August 2016. We have an ongoing relationship.

Taktical has been fantastic to work with; they've increased our sales tremendously. I am very pleased to continue working with them. Taktical is motivated to see us grow.

We started working with Taktical during our second month of activity, with sales around $15,000. Taktical has gotten us to well over $100,000 per month in revenue.

How did Taktical perform from a project management standpoint?

Taktical is excellent across the board. I know that the team is busy, so as long as our sales are coming in, I don't bother them a lot. When I do, they definitely respond well.

What distinguishes Taktical from other providers?

Facebook ads have been something which Taktical took to a whole new level for us.

Is there anything Taktical could have improved or done differently?

If our sales decline, I'm sure that I'll be singing a different tune, but so far I really can't complain. Taktical has really helped us.

Overall Score Taktical's experience is phenomenal. The only way they could become more experienced would ultimately hurt them, since they would become a generation older. The team's youth and hunger allow them to try new and innovative things.
    We haven't missed a deadline yet. I almost think that Taktical's people don't sleep.
    Taktical is expensive, but they're worth it.
    My co-founder would have some comments on how Taktical could improve, but I don't see anything so far.
    I have recommended Taktical to many people.

SEO for NYC App Developer

"They are very flexible and ready to amend how they work to suit the needs of the company they're working for."

2014 - Ongoing

Taktical is helping the client establish their online presence. They track all activity on their site, manage their social accounts, work on SEO, and generate content to publish.

New York City, New York
Business Development, Fueled

Since Taktical began working with the client, their revenue has increased 400%, inbound leads have grown, and they now capture 200 key terms. The Taktical team is very receptive, flexible, and realistic.

Fueled is a mobile app design and development agency. I work on the business development team routing new leads.

What challenge were you trying to address with Taktical?

We wanted a really strong SEO campaign. We wanted traffic to increase, as well as our leads.

Taktical has been helping us from the start to build the strongest brand and online presence possible. They provide us with weekly check-ins and track everything on our site, from YouTube visits to CPC to bounce rate and things like that. They're making sure people using our site are staying on it and converting into actual leads. They're tracking those over weeks and over years, so we're able to see some trends weekly, quarterly, and even yearly.

They maintain and track our social accounts as well as push content into publishers' hands for link-backs. That way, we can have more SEO wins, links acquired, and eventually online mentions. They track where our leads are coming from so they're able to better market to those who might actually convert. Once we do get a lead, we can say it was our Clutch profile or whatever that drove them to use us. They are constantly working on our AdWords as well as partnered campaigns and advertising campaigns. I'm sure there are tons of other things but that's just scratching the surface.

How did you come to work with Taktical?

I'm not sure of the original arrangement, but I believe we've been working with them for nearly 4 years.

How much have you invested with Taktical?

I don't have that information.

We’ve collaborated for around 4 years with the founder, Ilan, but have worked with Taktical specifically for around 2.5 years.

Taktical has quadrupled our revenue in 12 months, which is really astounding. They are able to drive fueled.com to the top of people's searches on Google for over 200 key terms. They're constantly updating those with things as simple as "app developer." As of last week, they were working on adding us to the iMessage sticker pack. No one was [rating] for that so they're working on that. They've raised traffic by nearly 900% and the number of inbound leads has grown 5-fold. I'm sure that there are more specifics but that's the high level. Plus, everything I mentioned has been tracked for years, giving us the benefit of a history and context behind it.

How did Taktical perform from a project management standpoint?

We work in the same co-working space, so they are neighbors. It's convenient because when we need them we can just go poke them! We're here in the office, as I mentioned, so it makes it easier and perhaps also more casual, which can be a negative.

What did you find most impressive about Taktical?

I appreciate how open and receptive they are to updating their process. Recently, we were working with 2 different marketing teams. To keep things organized, we figured it would be better to compile information monthly. I just reached out to Ilan and said, “We'd like this. What's your input on how we can better organize it? Can you start giving a snapshot of your work to us every month?” He was quick to say, “Absolutely! Here's my input.” They are very flexible and ready to amend how they work to suit the needs of the company they're working for. I work personally with Ilan on a lot of projects. He's receptive to ideas and change. Most importantly, he knows what his strengths and weaknesses are. He's very clear so that level of transparency is quite comforting.

Are there any areas Taktical could improve?

Nothing off the top of my head. I think they're really positive.

Overall Score Overall we have been very happy with the service.
    When things are convenient, they happen. It's probably on both of us being in the same space.
  • N/A Cost
    I don't know.
    When given specific tasks, they deliver.
    I’ve just referred them to my father.

SEO for Designer Clothing Marketplace

"We've gotten great results from Taktical's work. It has improved our online traffic by more than 100 percent."

2015 - Ongoing

With the goals of improving organic traffic and increasing online sales, the client hired Taktical to audit their precious SEO performance and execute a more effective SEO campaign.

London, UK
George Graham
CEO, Wolf & Badger

Taktical succeeded by helping the client achieve their goals of increased traffic. The client had no complaints regarding the agency or their work and highly recommends them to others. Specifically, Taktical was praised for their hands-on approach.

Wolf & Badger is an online marketplace for independent designer brands, based out of London in the United Kingdom. We work with 700 individual brands and have two London stores as well as operating at wolfandbadger.com

What is your role at the company?

I am the CEO and co-founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address Taktical?

We wanted to improve organic traffic by implementing on-site and off-site SEO [search engine optimization] strategies to grow online sales.

Taktical was responsible for auditing our previous SEO performance and work to plan and execute a more effective SEO campaign. They have been working to improve organic traffic through on-site technical improvements and ongoing link building work.

How did you come to work with Taktical?

We looked at a few agencies, but Taktical came highly recommended, and we liked their approach.

We pay them a few thousand dollars monthly.

What is the status of the engagement?

It is ongoing work. We started working with them in early 2015.

How did Taktical perform?

We are very pleased with their work.

What distinguishes Taktical from other providers?

Taktical has a very personable team with a hands-on approach and good, regular contact that is often lacking in larger agencies.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve or things you might do differently?

SEO & PPC for Online Art Marketplace

"Taktical's personal approach sets them apart. It feels like they put us first and that they care about our business."

With the goal of improving their organic search results, the client hired Taktical to provide a variety of services including the building of an outreach team for link building.

New York Metro Area
Director of Performance Marketing, Online Art Marketplace

Taktical succeeded by helping the client achieve their goals. As a result of the agency’s contributions, the client’s organic traffic has tripled. The agency is praised for their accessibility and Taktical is highly recommended to others.

Our company is a platform for buying and selling art. We cater to art collectors, art galleries, and institutions. We build a platform for galleries to list their entire feature set of artwork, as well as for auction houses to run online only auctions. We also have a content business, where we are working with very large brands, but we also are becoming the world's largest publisher of art news.

I'm the Director of Performance Marketing. Any type of marketing activity that we need to measure, and that includes a lot of product work, as well as organic and paid efforts, buying media, earned media, and shared media.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Taktical?

We were looking to improve our organic search results. We weren't quite sure what the strategy should be, but ultimately the strategy was to rank as high as possible for artists' searches, under the assumption that collectors on the Business-to-Customer [B2C] side and galleries on the Business-to-Business [B2B] side primarily search for artists' names or variations of artists' names. That was the biggest win for us in terms of what we should rank for.

Taktical provided various different services for us. That was just the impetus for the relationship but they've also done other things for us. They laid out a plan for a bunch of onsite system expansion authorizations for engineering teams. They did it by urgency and impact. Then took their engineers to implement best practices to get our general website to a much better state.

They also worked with us to build an outreach team, primarily for link building. We worked together to create a strategy to really optimize that process. Although we primarily did organic with them, we also did some Pay-per-Click. They gave us agency support for some large campaigns that we were running. For example, for large auction campaigns that involved a high spend over a short period of time, they helped us set everything up on the various platforms, recommended creative strategy and utilized the implementation for us, so they saved us a bunch of time there.

Back to the organic side, they also came up with various reports and proposals for the next big thing that we should focus on, and steps on how to implement this.

We have weekly search engine optimization [SEO] meetings that they have attended every time. They also provided support for our weekly SEO email that goes out to the wider team. They supported us in gathering all the statistics. Of course, they answered questions that we had and kept us abreast of industry changes and algorithm updates and such.

How did you come to work with Taktical?

I believe it was through word of mouth. Someone who had worked with them previously had a relationship with some people who were among the founders of our company. This person is a very well-known and respected digital marketer, so his opinion was really important. He introduced us.

Ultimately, we decided to go with Taktical because we felt they offered what we needed, which is the accommodation of just working really closely. We wanted a relationship where, by not being too big of a company, they just care about their individual clients, so they put a lot of time and effort into cultivating the relationship. And they have the expertise. It's a very small, agile agency.

The cost of the project is confidential.

It’s ongoing.

I think the biggest result would be on the organic side. During our time with them, we more than doubled, probably tripled our organic traffic. One other thing I'll say is that we tracked 20,000 keywords, and we're on page one for 10,000 of our most important keywords. We're in the top five for about 7,000 of those, which is where the click rate goes up a lot.

How did Taktical perform from a project management standpoint?

They're always pretty accessible, which is one good thing. I can personally text Ilan Alexander when I need to. They're also fairly responsive on email. They're also on our snap channels, so we've added them to a couple of those, and they're very readily available, so we get responses quickly. With outsourcers, when you're waiting to get a set of data back, a lot of times it depends on the speed of the actual workers, which are abroad and are not necessarily in one place. Overall, I'd say we'd hit our deadlines and they were usually pretty proactive about coming to an agreement about when we're expecting advice. They like to have a realistic estimate and they like clarity, which I appreciated.

What distinguishes Taktical from other providers?

Taktical's personal approach sets them apart. It feels like they put us first and that they care about our business. They've also been involved with us since we were quite small, and the company itself is much, much bigger than it was when they started working with us. They have made us feel really supported.

Is there anything Taktical could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything major at all. Obviously, all agencies are going to have multiple clients, but I didn't ever really feel like they were putting anyone else above us, so that's good. As they grow, they should just continue to focus on the relationships they create, which I think they did a good job with us. Just be wary of that as they scale their operations. That's not an improvement for them, it's just advice.

Overall Score I've worked with a lot of agencies over the years, and Taktical is one of the best ones I've worked with.