Athens, Greece based film production company

Takes 2 productions is a full-service film production company based in Athens, Greece. We produce commercials for all media and collaborate with top global and local advertising agencies. We also offer production services to producers abroad who wish to film all or part of their film in Greece. More info on us: www.takes2.gr

2018
Marousi, Greece

Video Production for Global Skincare Brand

"Their strengths are their flexibility and willingness to find ways to solve any potential issue."

Apr. - June 2019

By adapting provided assets to the local market, Takes 2 Productions produced a series of videos for a major skincare brand. They finalized the storyboards, handled the casting/location, and filmed the shoot.

Athens, Greece
Marketing Manager, Skincare Brand

The new videos helped modernize the brand and appealed to the target audience. While results are still ongoing, online views and click-through rates have exceeded initial targets. Takes 2 Productions' ability to stick to timelines and conform to the brand's needs made them an excellent partner.

The company is a German multinational FMCG company. It is a company active for over 100 years and in Greece they have offices for 50 years. The consumer brands they sell are mainly cosmetics and some pharmaceutical brands as well.

My role is Marketing Manager for the Cosmetics brands and I am responsible for the strategy and implementation of all marketing activities for Greece.

For what projects/services did your company hire Takes 2 Productions?

We have a major skincare brand. The majority of our creative assets are created centrally from the marketing team in our headquarters and we just do local adaptions so we all have shared assets.

The need that we had and Takes 2 helped us to overcome was that we wanted to produce a local digital campaign that will help Greek consumers resonate fully with our brand and how Greeks interact with summer and our skincare products.

Our goal was to see increase in sales from women. Our brand is purchased mainly as a family brand and is highly associated with kids, but after doing research we saw that we had to target women to help increase our sales and our image in this specific target group.

Through our digital agency who came up with the specific concept, we did a production pitch and 3 production companies were part of this process.

The factors that made this company stand out versus the other two were their flexibility in payment days, the lowest financial offer, their proposal for shooting all the necessary scenes in one day and their deep understanding of the client ( our) needs for this job.

In the process the people who were involved were the marketing manager (myself), the brand manager, local procurement and the external digital agency that run the pitch on our behalf.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Takes 2 scope of work has to finalize the storyboard, select the casting, the outfits, the props, find the outdoor location (the shootings took place by the beach) and do the final filming and editing of all the digital assets.

From the pitch they had already shared with us some nice techniques, as it seemed liked it was different stories you see from your Instagram account. There was a nice twist in the shooting.

My contribution to this was to ensure it fits the brand purpose, the colours and look and feel are compatible with our standards and get all the internal approvals to do a local production.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

They had a large crew and were very organized. They had thought of all the logistics as it was an outdoor filming. They took care of catering and had set up a big tent to put all the monitors for us to watch the actual filming.

There was a make up artist, hairdresser, the producer, camera men, the stylist, the photographer, various people who assisted with the lighting or moving around the props, the models and for sure a few more people that I cannot recall at the moment.

Feedback from internal stakeholders was very positive. They all could see the freshness and modernism this video production brings to the brand and can clearly see how it answers to our need of targeting women ( and not only mothers as this particular brand is perceived a family sun care brand).

We are still waiting for our final results, but view ability online has exceeded our initial targets and CTR to our website also was higher than expected.

The interaction with Takes 2 happened always via our digital agency and there was a detailed timeplan we all followed and were aware of the deadlines.

They always delivered on time and even worked some weekends to ensure that we received top quality assets in the agreed date since our product is seasonal and have specific weeks we can advertise a sun care brand.

Their strengths are their flexibility and willingness to find ways to solve any potential issue so they can answer to the brand needs. Also, they are very punctual and always on time.

One of the two owners of the company used to work for an FMCG company so he fully understands and acknowledges the complexities there are when a multinational company asks for specific ways of working.

This is definitely their unique selling point and Kostas is great in finding ways to address and overcome difficulties.

There are no points that I would highlight to do differently in our collaboration with this company.

Scheduling was on time and we managed to stick with the agreed agenda the day of the filming despite some weather difficulties we faced in the morning
    The cost was satisfactory for what the request was and also flexibility with the days of payment
    Great quality and they had up to date equipment, even a drone was incorporated in our shooting.
    Definitely recommending them for next productions

Video Production Services for Freelancer

“I was impressed by how organized they are and how quickly they react.”

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Takes 2 Productions produced a historical documentary about the redevelopment of a neighborhood in a Greek city. Their team was responsible for scouting, conducting interviews, shooting, and editing the video.

Alexandra K.
Freelancer

While the video is currently in the editing stage, the process thus far has been successful and efficient. Takes 2 Productions is accommodating and tenacious, which makes for an effortless collaboration. Their team made working abroad an easy transition for the director.

I am a freelance director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Takes 2 Productions?

I was commissioned by a real estate development company to direct a video for them. The company had purchased several factories in Greece’s main port city of Piraeus and redeveloped them into modern and efficient office buildings in an effort to transform the area. The real estate company wanted more of a historical documentary rather than a corporate video.

Takes 2 Productions was responsible for the production of the video from start to finish. Their team’s objective was to display how this development project made the area more desirable for young people. In order to focus on the historical narrative, their team scouted individuals in the neighborhood who have witnessed the transformation.

The Takes 2 Productions team then conducted high-profile interviews with the businesspersons and politicians involved. Their team was in charge of logistics and scheduled everything within five days because I was only in Greece for one week. While the shooting has now ended, we are currently in the editing process.

The Takes 2 Productions team was made up of 10 people. I worked with two cameramen, a director of photography, an audio guy, two production assistants, an assistant, and a makeup artist. Two co-owners of Takes 2 Productions also came out to the shoot.

How did you come to work with Takes 2 Productions?

When I was asked to work on this project, I initially intended to hire individual freelancers. However, I ended up deciding a Greek production company would be best for this project, so I researched companies.

I reached out to a few that were highly-rated and Takes 2 Productions responded immediately. They seemed eager to set up a meeting and was always on time and responsive, which made me feel confident in working with them.

We have invested €50,000–€60,000 (appoximately $56,000–$67,000 USD).

Our engagement with Takes 2 Productions began in March 2019, and it’s ongoing.

Coming from abroad, they were very accommodating of me and my background. They understood that I have different expectations. The Takes 2 Productions team made the whole process very efficient.

For me, the biggest measure of success is whether or not I would recommend them and I definitely would. I would suggest them to other Greek directors, international directors, and advertising companies.

How did Takes 2 Productions perform from a project management standpoint?

Takes 2 Productions is excellent. They are very organized, responsive, and efficient.

I was impressed by how organized they are and how quickly they react.

No, I honestly don’t have anything negative to say about the experience with Takes 2 Productions.

I recommend that anyone working with them from abroad respond quickly to Takes 2 Productions. Given the time difference, it’s also helpful to have a flexible schedule to make the project go faster.

TV Marketing for Consumer Goods Company

"They're organized, responsive, and disciplined."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Takes 2 Productions helped produce a marketing video, collaborating with the in-house.

Athens
Brand Manager, Consumer Goods Company

Takes 2 Productions has a clear workflow and maintains constant communication. The marketing has done well, helping the product reach 6% market share in two months.

I'm a brand manager at one of the largest consumer goods companies in the world. I manage the largest brand of detergent in Greece.

For what projects/services did your company hire Takes 2 Productions ?

We needed to produce a TV campaign for one of our new products that would help us enter into the light-duty detergents market segment.

We wanted to bring incremental sales and increase our market share. In doing so, we were looking to create a modern advertising campaign, with broad reach to create awareness.

We initially had three companies but chose Takes 2 Productions because of the quality of their proposal and their willingness to work with our team.

After we selected them, we had a series of meetings to prepare for the shoot. Takes 2 Productions collaborated with us and provided valuable insights into the project.

I work closely with the firm's managers, although many people are involved in the project.

Our product is performing well, reaching more than 6% market share within two months. We've received great feedback, and everyone's excited that the product has a modern look and addresses different audiences.

The project manager is easy to communicate with and provides frequent updates. The team is responsive and accomodates to our needs. We mainly communicate over the phone and email.

They're organized, responsive, and disciplined. Our collaboration has been positive and fun, and I'd definitely work with them on other projects.