Web & Mobile Apps with Ruby on Rails, Android, iOS

We are about 20 engineers who breathe by techs and create web and mobile apps with Ruby on Rails, Android and iOS. We help to create digital products for various businesses be it one page promo website, e-commerce mobile app, critical enterprise app, two-sides marketplace, SaaS, or backend for highload video streaming social network. We love building simple and unique solutions for best customer experience.

Our web and mobile developers know how to build products and services with agile iterative approach. From proof-of-concept prototype, through Minimum Viable Product to Release 1 – we cover all phases from idea to managed launch and maintenance. Clients enjoy high intelligence, discipline and best engineering talent of Syndicoders.

Kyiv, Ukraine
  • Sofiivs’ka street, 1/2A
    Kyiv 00001
    Ukraine

SaaS Application for Sales Enablement

“Syndicode is helping us build the core of our business.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Syndicode is helping to develop a sales enablement solution based on SaaS. Technologies used include a Neo4j graph database the Ruby on Rails.

Denmark
Thomas Thejn
CEO, SalesValue

Syndicode's work directly contributes to the foundation of the business. The team is adaptable, transparent, and open. They have an extensive knowledge base of advanced technologies and produce high-caliber work.

I am the CEO of SalesValue. We develop a SaaS-based sales enablement solution.

For what projects/services did your company hire Syndicode?

We needed help with developing our SaaS solution. We were looking for developers who could work in close collaboration with our in-house designers and software engineers.

Our goal was to find developers who could work as an extension of our internal team. It was essential they had high-quality skills for Ruby on Rails, SaaS, and integrations with other business applications. Additionally, they needed to have extensive knowledge about the graph database Neo4j.

We visited Syndicode in Kiev, Ukraine and selected them after interviewing several other vendors. They had the right capabilities and were an excellent cultural fit.

Syndicode provides Ruby on Rails development and works with a Neo4j database.

We work with a lead developer and an architect from Syndicode. Some additional resources from their team also provide support.

Syndicode is helping us build the core of our business. Everything they’ve done has made a substantially positive impact.

Our company is responsible for project management, which works fine for us.

I most appreciate Syndicode’s flexibility, openness, and quality of skills. They're a good cultural fit for us.

Overall, I am very satisfied. Their English skills could always improve, but that hasn't negatively impact our work.

Rails Developed Platform for Videographer Network

"I really appreciated [their] responsiveness."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Syndicode developed and launched an online marketplace that connects video producers with prospective business clients. The engagement now involves ongoing system enhancements.

Berlin, Germany
Konstantin Zagaynov
Founder & CEO, Wecam.co

Highlights include premium customer support and a thoughtful project management approach. Simplifying the pricing structure was one suggested area of improvement.

Wecam.co is a marketplace connecting video producers to business clients, including startups, event organizers, marketing companies and so on, that need custom video content. We have a model similar to Upwork, but we focus exclusively on video content and production. I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Syndicode?

The company was started one year ago with a simple WordPress website. As we grew and started running campaigns, it became clear that we needed a more complex solution. Unfortunately, we do not have the talent internally to build and transition to a more complex solution.

Syndicode designed and developed our Ruby on Rails website from scratch. They assigned 4 people to our project, which included both designers and developers. I acted as the main contact, and we didn't have a project manager assigned to us by Syndicode.

How did you come to work with Syndicode?

I am originally from Ukraine and wanted to work with a company from the region. A friend recommended Syndicode based on their previous work experience. I also approached another company, but I liked Syndicode's pitch. One week after our Skype call with their chief executive officer, we started the work.

How much have you invested with Syndicode?

The cost of our project with Syndicode has been around $16,000 [15,000 euros].

We started working with Syndicode in May 2016. The site was launched in September, and we entered support mode. We plan on using Syndicode for further development at the end of 2016.

There are still some user experience improvements we want to make to the site, so the main marketing push for it will only come after this. I do not have any meaningful figures to share now.

How did Syndicode perform from a project management standpoint?

The process was straightforward. I wanted to maintain daily contact with Syndicode's developers. They worked well as a team. Our backend and frontend developers were involved in design conversations, for example. Whenever Syndicode's team had a question, they called me on Skype. I also received support from Syndicode's founders, who asked for feedback and provided good market knowledge on how I could start quickly. They consulted with me on how we could transition users from the old WordPress website, giving me a feeling of confidence in our expected outcomes.

We used Trello, as well as Excel for tracking work hours. Syndicode has been systematic and transparent in time tracking. They've also shown flexibility; our mockup person was only used when needed, for example.

What did you find most impressive about Syndicode?

I really appreciated Syndicode's responsiveness. Recently, I made a misconfiguration on the website, causing it to go down. Syndicode asked their developers to fix it over the weekend, which I didn't expect to happen. This pretty much sums up my experience with them. Syndicode also cares about code quality.

Are there any areas Syndicode could improve?

The pricing for mockup work has been a bit high, compared to backend development. I also would have appreciated having a discovery phase, in the beginning, helping me, as a client, better onboard. If Syndicode plans to grow, this is something that they should take care of. Otherwise, everything has been fine.

iOS & Android Developed Prototype for Video Sharing Startup

"[Their] communication skills are very good."

October 2015 - Ongoing

Syndicode develops/implements custom features for a real-time, web-based video streaming platform. Their involvement varies depending on project demand.

Berlin, Germany
Founder & CEO

Noteworthy highlights include exceptional communication skills, the willingness to proactively make suggestions, and the ability to challenge their clients.

‎[We have] developed an application for real-time video communication. People can use their cameras to share their surroundings with others, irrespective if it's to one person or one million people. We offer live streaming functionalities, commenting, and virtual gifts. The platform is available on iOS and Android devices and makes it possible for people to share their device screens, not just cameras. Viewers can see others playing and reacting to mobile games, and interact in real-time, with less than a second of delay. I am the founder and chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Syndicode?

We needed development resources for our platform.

Syndicode is fully responsible for the back-end of our platform. As an example, we are planning to launch a feature allowing users to send virtual gifts in the form of hearts and diamonds, which can be cashed out.

Syndicode has assigned 4 developers to our project, but their whole team includes more than 20 people. We usually communicate with a project lead.

How did you come to work with Syndicode?

We found Syndicode through another partner, had a couple of interviews, and assigned them a test project. We figured out extremely soon that Syndicode was a very professional group. Their developers have very good communication skills, which is unusual in this space.

We started working with Syndicode 1-year ago and have an ongoing relationship that we don't plan to stop.

We usually provide user stories and discuss the project with Syndicode. They are very involved in our work and strive to develop it in the most efficient way, minimizing time and maximizing the quality level. We have a high load on our systems, so it would make no sense to have any inefficient code.

How did Syndicode perform from a project management standpoint?

We are using GitHub, as well as JIRA, for our collaboration with Syndicode.

What did you find most impressive about Syndicode?

Syndicode's communication skills are very good. Whenever they identified an approach that wasn't ideal, Syndicode told us about it in a very friendly way, giving better recommendations. This is how I would want the collaboration to be all the time. We have a partnership with Syndicode.

Are there any areas Syndicode could improve?

It may sound strange, but no.

It's almost never possible for me to give a perfect rating. There's always space for improvement.