Storytelling for Business

Synapse has been crafting stories for complex business realities since the year 2000. We are agnostic of media, industry, and function.

2000
Dona Paula, India
  • Synapse Dona Paula 403004
    0832-6527252

Synapse works with Microsoft, HP, Amazon Web Services, TCS, Tech Mahindra, EMC, Intuit, Cleartrip, L&T Infotech, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Airtel, Edelweiss to name a few.

Branding Strategy for Banking Protection Site

“[T]hey are able to understand the exact output requirements, and deliver.”

Mar. 2016 - May 2016

Synapse created and put together a brand and marketing strategy for a third party vendor, which included devising the name, logo, messaging communications, and welcome pack from scratch.

Haryana, India
Dawood Siddiqui
Head of Marketing, CPP India

Synapse was able to properly understand the requirements and create a successful, well-received branding strategy, which is now in stores and on product material. They communicated effectively, worked to tight deadlines, and maintained an awareness of both creativity and marketing throughout.

CPP Assistance Services India is a subsidiary of the UK-based CPP Group Plc., a York-based multinational. I’m head of the marketing function for the India business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Synapse?

We were challenged to market assistance features, such as extended warranties, to consumers at the point-of-sale. Our business partner is involved in financing the purchase of these consumer goods and wanted to cross-sell an assistance product. The marketing challenge was to put together branding, messaging communications, and strategy which would enable the selling of this product in around 8,000 storefronts across the country, in about 300 cities in India.

We needed to define the name of the product, taking into consideration the diverse features of the product. It had to be simple to understand and convey the clear message that it offered protection for the consumers, along with bundled assistance features.

Synapse was able to develop clear branding and a communication strategy, including the product’s name, logo, mascot, and the communication on the storefronts. They also created a welcome pack which is sent to customers once they are onboard—all completely from scratch.

I worked with a single relationship manager, but there was a large team involved in the background. I was also in touch with the head of creative strategy, but only after the output was given to me. We had further discussions about refinements and changes that were needed.

How did you come to work with Synapse?

They were our agency of record before the present work was commissioned—we’d had a satisfactory experience with them for the past three years. They’re a good agency in terms of understanding the client’s requirements and delivering the necessary output, as far as creativity, design, and putting all elements together go. Many agencies have the habit of becoming to creatively involved, only to lose sight of the marketing output. I’m happy to say that Synapse was not one of those; they are able to understand the exact output requirements and deliver them.

We spent around 250,000 to 300,000 Indian rupees per month. [$4,000 to $4,500]

We started working with Synapse at the end of March 2016. We turned it around in almost record time, delivering in the third week of May.

The results have been very well-received by the partner and customers. The brand is now available in stores and in purchase materials at more than 8,000 counters across the country, in more than 300 cities. The partner is very happy with the output, in terms of design and the simple way it was created. It’s been a great experience.

How did Synapse perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked on very tight timelines, and it was a very big project, at least for me. Synapse put in a lot of effort. I actually flew out to their office in Goa and sat there for three days when we were close to the delivery. We didn’t use any project management tools; communication was done via email and telephone.

They are able to blend creative inputs well and solve a problem. Synapse is very good at creative design. Their output, in terms of how ideas are presented, is quite good.

I am dependent on my partner for feedback, and the branding decisions are not strictly mine. The result can be a genuine difference between the way the partner thinks, and how I brief the agency, leading to discrepancies. At times, the agency was unable to comprehend this gap.

Overall Score My experience has been very good up till now. I'm happy with their output, and I'd like to continue with them.
    They are prompt, efficient, clear upfront as to how much time it will take, and they stick to those assignments.
    Super value for money.
    They are able to deliver up to my satisfaction, understand my requirements and deliver them.
    Someone recommended them to me, and I would be happy to recommend them myself.