Outsourced bookkeeping and controller services

Supporting Strategies provides outsourced bookkeeping services, controller services and operational support to growing businesses across the United States. Since 2004, our locally owned and operated offices have served thousands of companies, helping business leaders free up their time, focus on their core competency and streamline their business.

Our experienced, U.S.-based professionals use secure, best-of-breed technology and a proven process to deliver a full suite of services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial analysis, payroll administration and more. For more information or to see a list of our offices across the country, please visit supportingstrategies.com.

2004
Beverly, MA
  • 100 Cummings Center 207P
    Beverly, MA 01915

Bookkeeping for Customer Success Startup

"When I started this company, they were one of the first people I called."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Supporting Strategies provides monthly bookkeeping services, along with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting.

Boston, Massachusetts
Jonathan Tushman
Founder & CEO, Quala

Delivering valuable peace of mind, Supporting Strategies has become an ongoing partner. Customers can expect a scalable vendor.

I’m the CEO of Quala. We’re a venture-backed startup. Our product is a customer success platform. Right now, we’re pre-series A with dozens of customers and growing quickly.

What challenge were you trying to address with Supporting Strategies?

They do my monthly books.

They pull up my bank and QuickBooks and reconcile all my expenses every month, including monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports. They have other services, but I don’t leverage them too much right now. I will as I scale, though.

I have one point of contact and then an escalation option.

How did you come to work with Supporting Strategies?

One of my CEO friends recommended them to me.

I spend less than $1,000 per month, but they scale with your business.

We’ve been working together since December 2018.

I don’t need to worry about balancing the books, which is something my auditors and investors care about.

How did Supporting Strategies perform from a project management standpoint?

I also use Gusto for payroll, and they integrate whatever system you use.

I’ve done my own books before, and It’s horrible. When I started this company, they were one of the first people I called.

Not that I know of yet.

Accounting Services for Branding & Web Design Firm

"They’re accurate and detail-oriented."

2014 - Ongoing

Supporting Strategies manages accounting services to maintain financial records for a web design and branding company.

11- 50 Employees

Boston, Massachusetts
Co-Owner, Website Design & Branding Agency

Supporting Strategies retains comprehensive and exact financial accounts to satisfaction. The team is accommodating and responsive, addressing challenges quickly to foster a dependable partnership. They are meticulous and transparent, which enables continued engagement.

I’m the co-owner of a web design and branding company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Supporting Strategies?

We needed a partner to take care of our bookkeeping.

Supporting Strategies assigned our company a bookkeeper who manages all the responsibilities related to accounting except our taxes. We don’t need to get together physically so she works remotely. We email back and forth daily and talk on the phone once a week.

We work with a designated bookkeeper who has been great since the get-go. I’ve been fortunate that she has stayed on our account and I haven’t had to get another person up to speed.

How did you come to work with Supporting Strategies?

A colleague in my industry recommended Supporting Strategies. We met with them and it was clear that they understood our business.

We started working together in 2014.

Number one, they’re incredibly trustworthy, which is important because Supporting Strategies has access to everything financial. Number two, if I’m in a crunch such as a client needs something that I can’t figure provide, they’ll jump in and help me. Their team’s customer service is really good. Five years ago, I felt shy moving all of our financials to digital, but they made the process smooth and easy.

How did Supporting Strategies perform from a project management standpoint?

Our bookkeeper’s reliable and it’s been great to have the consistency of one person. She knows my style such as how I like to receive deliverables and communicate. We mostly connect by email. If there’s a technical challenge such as with our bookkeeping system, I’ll talk to them verbally by phone. Supporting Strategies exceeds my expectations.

They’re accurate and detail-oriented. Their team has never missed something and doesn’t take up my time to do so.

Not really, no. They’re good.

They’ll assign a person to work on your account so make sure that you’re comfortable with the dedicated bookkeeper because you’ll have a close working relationship with them.

I’ve never had any problem with them over the last five years.