Dallas-based advertising and design firm.

SullivanPerkins is a Dallas-based advertising and design firm. Our team uncovers your true message, puts it in the most convincing form, and delivers it to the right audience.  We are collaborative marketers, who execute.

Does our process work? Not only have we been named one of the top creative firms nationwide, we have also maintained long relationships with some of the world's leading brands–thousands of jobs, in relationships that have lasted 10 and 20 years. Our process satisfies clients. It also helps us retain long-term, core senior staff at SullivanPerkins.

1984

Texas Parks & Wildlife

The Beneficient Company Group

University of North Texas

Branding & Marketing Collateral for Law School

“Their group of designers are remarkably talented and brilliant; I am never disappointed.”

Apr. 2013 - Ongoing

SullivanPerkins provides identity, branding, content, collateral, marketing communications and print advertising services. All services are developed from scratch.

Dallas, Texas
Director of Marketing, UNT Dallas College of Law

Internal team members consistently praise SullivanPerkins’s work. Their writing and design quality are particularly noteworthy. Effective and flexible project management, coupled with years of industry experience and training make for remarkably professional results.

I am the director of marketing and communications for a new Dallas-based law school that was recently approved by the American Bar Association. We have graduated two classes of lawyers and are about to enter our fifth year of operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with SullivanPerkins?

The Dallas area already has several well established, traditional law schools. On top of orchestrating the dynamics of a brand new school with a limited budget, we have also been facing challenges as the first public law school in this environment. We needed a complete identity system and branding platform—including narrative and graphic elements—to effectively convey a sense of professionalism consistent with the legal community.

Sullivan Perkins started with a blank sheet of paper and, over the past few years, has done everything we have been needing. Their identity development, branding platform, and content are continually executed into our website. They  also continue to provide print collateral, marketing communications, and print advertising services.

For this project, I specifically work with an account service representative who serves as the primary contact between me and their team. However, I personally know many of the senior designers, senior writers, and even Mark Perkins (Co-founder, SullivanPerkins), whom I have known and often worked with for the last 20 years.

How did you come to work with SullivanPerkins?

When I took this role in 2014, the law school and SullivanPerkins had already been maintaining a working relationship for about one year. In addition, I had prior experience working on a project with the firm 20 years ago when I served as the marketing director of a very large utility company. That project was similar in scope to this current one; we had needed an identity program, branding platform and content, all created from scratch. Their consistent record of high quality made it feel natural to continue working with them up to this point.

The engagement began in April 2013 and is still very actively ongoing.

Neither our parent organization, nor our school, measures impact; however, we consistently receive positive feedback—regarding the project—from faculty, staff, and even the Dean of the law school himself. My own background in branding gives me the critical eye to notice the their high level of professionalism and quality. SullivanPerkins has really hit the nail on the head with establishing a strong narrative for the mission of our law school while maintaining content and tone that are consistent with that narrative.

How did SullivanPerkins perform from a project management standpoint?

They have the flexibility to properly address and fulfill many unexpected developments—on our side—that arise last minute. They help plan and schedule our larger projects in advance so that we can align both teams’ schedules properly. Overall, they handle project management extremely well.

I think what makes them unique is the quality of their design staff. Their group of designers are remarkably talented and brilliant; I am never disappointed. The difference between SullivanPerkins and competitors is that their sets of concepts are appropriate and consistent with project goals and their design work top quality. The solid design principles and team experience underlying their work means that product execution is incredibly professional and detailed. I find myself rarely having to edit any text in their delivered content.

I think communication about the technical aspects of the website could be improved.

My advice is to articulate, to the best of your ability, what impact you want the creative work to have. Don’t tell them how to achieve the impact you want. Give them freedom in their work and then keep an open mind to the many creative and unique approaches they will bring forward.

We sometimes give pretty unreasonable deadlines that they usually come very close to meeting.
    Their pricing for larger projects is fair but they could offer more competitive pricing for smaller engagements.
    After 20 years and hundreds of projects, I have almost never been disappointed.
    The team is professional and consists of wonderful writers and outstanding designers.

Print and Digital Design for Oil & Gas Company

"I can rely on them anytime and they never let me down."

2011 - Ongoing

Sullivan Perkins is managing several large design projects, creating ads, videos, infographics, brochures, and annual reports wraps. They also designed a logo and helped articulate the brand vision.

Dallas, Texas
Thomas Golembeski
VP Communications, Kosmos Energy

The consistently high quality of their work has helped the business grow, while their can-do attitude and reliability made them a trusted partner. Going above and beyond to meet all needs, they're responsive to feedback and accommodate last-minute requests.

I'm the VP of communications at Kosmos Energy. We're a small oil and gas company that does international exploration for oil and gas in different parts of the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sullivan Perkins?

They were the agency of record before I joined the company. We needed more help with digital and print design, so I decided to bring Sullivan Perkins back.

Prior to my arrival, they had helped with articulation of the vision and values, worked on the initial brand development and the logo, and created a whole suite of materials in support of our brand. When I joined the company, they were still responsible for helping us maintain our corporate website and took on occasional design jobs: they designed our first annual report wrap, a few brochures, and some one-pagers.

Now, they're my trusted partner for everything that requires polished and professional design. They design our annual Corporate Responsibility Report, which is about 75 pages long. In addition, they design ads for us and regularly update our website. They're currently working on several large projects, one of which is a big industry trade show. They’ve designed a booth and a video to be displayed in that booth.

In terms of the digital design, they create cards that we use on LinkedIn and do infographics. Our CEO used the infographic they designed during a private meeting with the president of Ghana.

I have two primary points of contact, but they bring in more resources as needed.

How did you come to work with them?

We tried working with multiple companies that designed materials for different departments within our company. Sullivan Perkins was always one of those companies. Because there were so many vendors, there was no consistency across the communications materials that were being generated. I looked at everything each company had produced and decided that Sullivan Perkins was the best option.

We've spent between $200,000 and $1 million.

We started working with them in 2011 and the relationship is ongoing.

They've consistently produced high-quality work, so over the course of our relationship we've given them more work and responsibility. Our business has grown with them. Besides, they have a can-do attitude. I can rely on them anytime and they never let me down.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're exceptionally responsive and I can talk to them on the phone any time I need them. They deliver everything on time, even when it's a last-minute request.

They're great listeners. They hear what we're saying in terms of the creative direction and respond well to feedback.

Not really. They're doing a great job.

Overall Score They make us look good every single day.
    They've never missed a deadline.
    The quality of their work is outstanding and their prices are reasonable.
    They underpromise and overdeliver.
    I'd definitely recommend them.