We deliver commerce excellence

Strix provides consulting and implementation services in the area of omnichannel, e-commerce and digital transformation for companies from the B2C and B2B sectors.

As one of the most experienced, official Adobe (Enterprise Magento Solution Partner) partners in European, we have been implementing Magento-based e-commerce solutions for over 10 years for leaders in the DIY, electronic, construction, automotive, fashion & beauty, financial and FMCG industries.

Properly constructed organisational culture and numerous locations in the region of Central and Eastern Europe guarantee effective knowledge transfer and the highest quality of the implemented projects.

Facts:

1. 120+ specialists – experienced consultants, engineers, analysts, programmers, UX/UI designers and project managers.

2. Offices in Poland (Krakow, Poznań, Rzeszów) and Czechia (Prague).

3. Magento 2 Trained Solution Partner certificate, confirming our knowledge of the Magento 2 system.

4. Strix deliver the 1st in the Wolrd Magento 2.3 project with Multi-Source Inventory

Krakow, Poland
    Rzeszow 35-302
  • Prosecká 855/68
    Prague 190 00
    Czech Republic

Castorama (Kingfisher), Tous, Super-Pharm, Semilac, TME (Transfer Multisort Electronic), PayU, InterCars, Mint of Poland.

Strix Showreel 2018

Look and feel what we exactly done in 2018 :)

Implementation of the world's first version of Magento Commerce 2.3 with MSI live for Tous Poland

Business background

Tous is a luxury lifestyle brand offering high-quality jewelry. The company has got a hundreds stores in whole Europe and 54 localised in Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Polish division decided to upgrade their solution to Magento Commerce 2.3 with Multi-Source Inventory to accelerate their omnichannel strategy. The key point was to deliver true

multi-sourcing order management platform with real-time updated local inventories.

Challenge

The challenge, however, was not only the date, but also the scope of work. It was not a simple system update, but the implementation of the world's first version of Magento 2.3 with a fully operational MSI, even before its official release. We had to adapt it to the systems and plug-ins used by Tous, migrate data, while maintaining and supporting the older version of Magento as a working e-commerce system for the customer.

I'M Ready - omnichannel platform based on Magento 2 Commerce

Imready.eu is the ecommerce platform launched in March 2018 by I’M Inter Motors, the company focused on wear and motorcycle parts and accessories sales. “This is the first and the largest chain of stores in this industry, previously known as Inter Motors” - as can be read on the company’s website – imready.eu.

Our goal was creating sales platform to represent I’M Inter Motors

after going through rebranding. We wanted to extend imready.eu (domain of the new website) not only to have sales functionality, but also to give it means to become a place to meet and exchange experience in the motorcycle community.

The key factor was time: the project and it’s implementation had to be released publicly within 3 months. This rush had been the result of motorcycle season which was to begin shortly after, something that I’M didn’t want to miss.

Castorama implements omnichannel strategy based on Magento Enterprise

Business background

Castorama Poland, leader in DIY / home improvement, is part of international Kingfisher group, consisting of almost 1200 stores in 10 European countries. Stationary sales network in Poland has 75 stores in 56 cities. Omnichannel implementation using Magentonot only has been one of the biggest challenges for Magento Enterprise in Central Europe, but also allowed Castorama to take

the leader position in DIY category in on-line sales as well.

Challenge

We've cooperated with Castorama Poland since 2014. Our main goal was changing their system from simple branding functionality to proper sales one, which requires complex project, implementation, constant growth and maintenance of the e-commerce system.

Result

• Increase of traffic from mobile devices by over 400% (2014).
  • E-commerce Poland Awards 2016 – mobile design of the year award.
  • 72 stocks – system designed in the way to provide high performance with great stock number with dozens of thousands of products
  • 15 integration types – among them - system integrated with SAP, Product Information Management system, cash registers system, price system, mobile application (as data bus), stock import systems
  • 4 mln. monthly visitors – the system is designed for heavy traffic, which constantly increases, currently over 27 mln monthly page views.

Super-Pharm goes online with Magento2 Commerce Edition

Business background

Super-Pharm is an international chain incorporating three entitles: pharmacy, cosmetic store and perfumery in one place. It has 70 stores in Poland. For years, the company has been constantly recording successes in retail sales. The launch of the new e-commerce channel is an outcome of the company's development towards the omnichannel model and its continuous increase in

competitiveness.

Challenge

Super-Pharm needed a solution that would allow for flexible and flawless presentation of its assortment, the highest quality of product information and safe purchase regardless of the place, time or device used. Introducing the new sales channel should empower them to broaden the customer reach and improve the shopping experience.

Selected functionalities:

• Elasticsearch Suite – an extensive search engine prompting queries, categories and products while entering a search phrase,
  • integration with the ERP Farmax system, which provides the platform with information on sales, warehousing and logistics processes,
  • integration with the POS system – Magento send information to POS when new orders or returns occure, which allows the customer to communicate with Super-Pharm employees in the Client’s stores,

Branding and E-Commerce Development for Jewelry Company

“His team is very original, and they’re the kind of people I want to work with.”

2015 - 2016

Strix designed a jewelry company’s brand and incorporated their style into a new website. After creating storyboards to create the site’s image, they developed the site using Magento.

Barbara Kwiecien
CEO, House of April

The website’s design and functionality led to an award nomination and one major award win. The Strix team showed a lot of interest in the project’s success, working to provide original ideas and multiple solutions to ensure its success. Because of their efforts, the site still holds up years later.

I am a designer and the CEO of my own jewelry company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

I wanted a big website that would wow my customers. I basically gave Strix two tasks—first, to design the visual identity of my brand, and second, to develop a modern online store in both Polish and English.

I explained to them what I wanted the brand to be like, and we brainstormed together. They showed me examples of other jewelers from Poland and the UK to give us a few ideas. We decided to work with a graphic designer who created a concept design. Then we hosted a photoshoot to create images that would look good in a fashion and convey the brand’s image.

Once we narrowed down how we wanted the brand to look, they created storyboards for the website. We met several times, and they presented 3-4 layout options for me to choose from.  They then developed the site using Magento. Finally, they provided training because my team and I weren’t familiar with the technology.

Borys (CEO, Strix) was my main point of contact, but there were three people, including a technical person, always on call. A few more people may have also worked on the project when we got close to launching the site, but I didn’t work with them directly.

How did you come to work with Strix?

I met Borys a long time ago at the Swedish Institute of Management, and I just thought he was brilliant. His team is very original, and they’re the kind of people I want to work with.

I spent about $40,000 with them.

We worked together from 2015- 2016.

Shortly after the site’s launch, the website won best little online shop from the Chamber of Commerce. We were also nominated for another award because of how well the site functions. Years later, I still use the same website because it has been so successful and I still receive compliments on the design. I’ve only made a few small changes like adding a comma or space somewhere.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re so nice to work with. It’s clear that the staff is comfortable with their boss because they freely share ideas. They also looked for ways to save me money, which I really appreciated. Whenever I had a question, they came up with several solutions.

They treated my business like it was theirs. Meaning, I could ask their opinion and trusted that they would provide me with the best option. While they respected my ideas, they brought enough expertise to the table that they could combine our ideas to present the best solution.

Maybe their timeliness, even though it never interfered with my project. Their team has grown significantly since I worked with them though, so I think they’re capable of managing more clients now.

Be as open as you can, don’t force your opinions, ask questions, and ask for advice.

Website & E-Commerce Development for Automotive Company

“Their biggest advantages were in their straightforward approach and their reliability.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Strix designed and developed a new e-commerce site for an automotive company. They built pages in Magento 2 Enterprise, and integrated search features, APIs, and a CRM tool.

Jakub Gierszynski
E-Commerce and Marketing Director, Inter Cars S.A.

The site has won multiple awards, and customized account features cater to a variety of users. Strix was cooperative and treated the collaboration as a true partnership. They had useful experience in the vertical, helpful connections to other national markets, and good suggestions.

We are part of Inter Cars S.A., a leading Central and Eastern European B2B company. We import and distribute spare auto parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Our product range includes garage equipment, including tools for servicing, repairing, and maintaining cars as well as motorcycle spare and tuning parts.

I’M Inter Motors is the B2C brand of Inter Cars S.A. I'm the e-commerce and marketing director of the motorcycle division there. We have 40 retail stores and a website that sell motorcycles clothes, accessories, spare parts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

We hired them to develop a new e-commerce platform that would fulfill the requirements of omnichannel direction. We'd had an existing e-commerce site for five years, but we decided to change things as we took on more B2C transactions. The new platform needed to be more agile and ready for fast scaling to enter other markets and sales channels.

They built an omnichannel platform on Magento 2 Enterprise Edition (EE). The team started with an MVP, after a few months they moved into the development of the core application to work out of Poland. In the following three months, they built cross-border versions to include three additional countries and create a marketplace. They developed this website from scratch and supported us as we rebranded in 2018.

They created an importer to batch and feed the information from our ERP and other services to Magento 2 because there wasn't a direct connection between the sources.

We integrated external partners like YourCX, Centuria, SMS API, SALESmanago, Feedlink, Claudinary, Carriers, PayPro(Przelewy 24), Allegro, and more. Strix has skilled frontend development, so they helped us build banners and all the visual aspects of the brand. That were used as well in retail communication.

We have extended versions of the retail stores on the website. Users can look at our stores, find out who is working at each location, and view store maps and reviews. The website caters to motorcyclists, and there are product breakdowns for each style of driver. We also have specialty versions of customer accounts, and a variety of clients have options for invoices, store preferences, and tailored newsletters.

A project manager acted as our direct contact. There were also two backend developers, two frontend developers, and one tester. During the foundational stages of the project, we worked with an engaged strategic director and a system architect.

How did you come to work with Strix?

There are five good Magento technology companies in Poland, and we sent briefs to each. Strix's price was 5%-8% higher than the other companies. They had previous experience in complex omnichannel projects on Magento, and they had a few motorcyclists on their team as well. They already had a plan when we met for the first time. Compared to other vendors, they were concrete.

The first 13-month development phase cost about $400,000 USD.

We spoke with them during the last quarter of 2017 and signed a contract in December 2017 for 13 months. We agreed to have an MVP of the website before March 1, 2018—for the start of the motorcycle season. The platform needed to show and sell our full range of products through a nice design. Before the end of the year, we'd add other custom features for the core application's development. We planned on implementing an extended customer account, loyalty program, custom product page, check out functionalities, internal search for tires and parts, extended “my store page”, integration with the marketplace, and more. After finishing the core application website in Q1 2019, the product will open for cross border and another marketplace.

The MVP was delivered on time. Our new platform tripled our 2017 product turnover rates in 2018, and we expect to double 2018's metrics by the end of 2019. Our mutual transmission on retail business has grown 30% compared to the previous year.

During the 2018 E-commerce Awards by the Poland E-commerce Chamber, our platform took home first in the Best in Omnichannel category and second in the Best Design and Usability category.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very professional in guiding the project and providing clear feedback. We cooperated through two-week sprints, and the collaboration was a real partnership. We found ways to work together that were mutually beneficial. They were willing to work over weekends, and the website was really successful. We used Jira and Confluence to manage the project.

They have a positive attitude and always find a solution. Their experience in the automotive industry set them apart. They also have contacts in the other countries' markets we hope to break into in the future. Their biggest advantages were in their straightforward approach and reliability. Their suggestions were much stronger than any other company we considered, and they were always realistic and responsible.

Their offices are about 500 kilometers from ours, but it would be nice to have more in-person contact with them. Everything else was top-level.

Speak with their Borys (CEO, Strix). He will help you find a tailored solution and give you a clear answer.

E-commerce Development for a Poland Accessory Store

"They’ve been a great choice for my business—they’re flexible and open to change."

Jul. 2018 - Ongoing

Strix migrated an existing website to a Magento 2.3 platform. They also developed a new frontend for the site and provide ongoing support.

Magda Staszcyk
Head of E-commerce, TOUS Polska

The updated platform and frontend have ensured a smoother UX and purchasing process for customers on the site. Strix’s support has helped solve all existing issues using their expertise and dedication. The team has been adaptable and proactive throughout the project.

I’m the head of TOUS Polska. Founded in 1920, TOUS is a luxury lifestyle brand offering high-quality jewelry, handbags, and accessories within 54 boutiques located in Poland, Czech Republic, and Slovakia. In early 2015, we decided to go with Magento Open-Source to start our e-commerce journey.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

We were having issues with our Magento 2 website. We hired Strix to migrate our site to a Magento 2.3 version and develop a new frontend.

At that point, we'd worked with Magento 2.0 for two years. Along with the development of our e-commerce platforms, our expectations began to increase. We realized that we needed more advanced solutions, particularly for user experience and stock management.

Strix built our website on Magento 2.3 and implemented a fully operational MSI Solution. We were one of the first in the world to use the technology. At the same time, they developed a new frontend for the platform. They chose a template for our shop and customized it to meet our preferences and e-commerce standards.

Our initial contact was the CEO, but we now work with a dedicated project manager.

How did you come to work with Strix?

Strix is a highly popular agency in Poland, so I had known of them before. I chose them because of their Magento expertise and they were a smart partner for us.

We started working together in July 2018 and the project is ongoing.

All of the issues we were having with our site were solved with the support of Strix. Our customers can place orders without a problem and our sales have improved. Additionally, our site is very modern and we’re thrilled with it.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication between our teams is strong. We talk over phone, email, and occasionally in person. They deliver everything we ask for under deadline and answer our questions quickly.

They’ve been a great choice for my business—they’re flexible and open to change. When we have issues, they quickly react and find solutions.

There’s nothing they could do better for us.