We deliver commerce excellence

Strix provides consulting and implementation services in the area of omnichannel, e-commerce and digital transformation for companies from the B2C and B2B sectors.

As one of the most experienced, official Adobe (Enterprise Magento Solution Partner) partners in European, we have been implementing Magento-based e-commerce solutions for over 10 years for leaders in the DIY, electronic, construction, automotive, fashion & beauty, financial and FMCG industries.

Properly constructed organisational culture and numerous locations in the region of Central and Eastern Europe guarantee effective knowledge transfer and the highest quality of the implemented projects.

Facts:

1. 120+ specialists – experienced consultants, engineers, analysts, programmers, UX/UI designers and project managers.

2. Offices in Poland (Krakow, Poznań, Rzeszów) and Czechia (Prague).

3. Magento 2 Trained Solution Partner certificate, confirming our knowledge of the Magento 2 system.

4. Strix deliver the 1st in the Wolrd Magento 2.3 project with Multi-Source Inventory

Krakow, Poland
    Rzeszow 35-302
  • Prosecká 855/68
    Prague 190 00
    Czech Republic

Castorama (Kingfisher), Tous, Super-Pharm, Semilac, TME (Transfer Multisort Electronic), PayU, InterCars, Mint of Poland.

Strix Showreel 2018

Look and feel what we exactly done in 2018 :)

Implementation of the world's first version of Magento Commerce 2.3 with MSI live for Tous Poland Image

Business background

Tous is a luxury lifestyle brand offering high-quality jewelry. The company has got a hundreds stores in whole Europe and 54 localised in Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Polish division decided to upgrade their solution to Magento Commerce 2.3 with Multi-Source Inventory to accelerate their omnichannel strategy. The key point was to deliver true multi-sourcing order management

platform with real-time updated local inventories.

Challenge

The challenge, however, was not only the date, but also the scope of work. It was not a simple system update, but the implementation of the world's first version of Magento 2.3 with a fully operational MSI, even before its official release. We had to adapt it to the systems and plug-ins used by Tous, migrate data, while maintaining and supporting the older version of Magento as a working e-commerce system for the customer.

I'M Ready - omnichannel platform based on Magento 2 Commerce Image

I'M Ready - omnichannel platform based on Magento 2 Commerce

Imready.eu is the ecommerce platform launched in March 2018 by I’M Inter Motors, the company focused on wear and motorcycle parts and accessories sales. “This is the first and the largest chain of stores in this industry, previously known as Inter Motors” - as can be read on the company’s website – imready.eu.

Our goal was creating sales platform to represent I’M Inter Motors after

going through rebranding. We wanted to extend imready.eu (domain of the new website) not only to have sales functionality, but also to give it means to become a place to meet and exchange experience in the motorcycle community.

The key factor was time: the project and it’s implementation had to be released publicly within 3 months. This rush had been the result of motorcycle season which was to begin shortly after, something that I’M didn’t want to miss.

Castorama implements omnichannel strategy based on Magento Enterprise Image

Castorama implements omnichannel strategy based on Magento Enterprise

Business background

Castorama Poland, leader in DIY / home improvement, is part of international Kingfisher group, consisting of almost 1200 stores in 10 European countries. Stationary sales network in Poland has 75 stores in 56 cities. Omnichannel implementation using Magentonot only has been one of the biggest challenges for Magento Enterprise in Central Europe, but also allowed Castorama to take the

leader position in DIY category in on-line sales as well.

Challenge

We've cooperated with Castorama Poland since 2014. Our main goal was changing their system from simple branding functionality to proper sales one, which requires complex project, implementation, constant growth and maintenance of the e-commerce system.

Result

• Increase of traffic from mobile devices by over 400% (2014).
  • E-commerce Poland Awards 2016 – mobile design of the year award.
  • 72 stocks – system designed in the way to provide high performance with great stock number with dozens of thousands of products
  • 15 integration types – among them - system integrated with SAP, Product Information Management system, cash registers system, price system, mobile application (as data bus), stock import systems
  • 4 mln. monthly visitors – the system is designed for heavy traffic, which constantly increases, currently over 27 mln monthly page views.
Super-Pharm goes online with Magento2 Commerce Edition Image

Super-Pharm goes online with Magento2 Commerce Edition

Business background

Super-Pharm is an international chain incorporating three entitles: pharmacy, cosmetic store and perfumery in one place. It has 70 stores in Poland. For years, the company has been constantly recording successes in retail sales. The launch of the new e-commerce channel is an outcome of the company's development towards the omnichannel model and its continuous increase in

competitiveness.

Challenge

Super-Pharm needed a solution that would allow for flexible and flawless presentation of its assortment, the highest quality of product information and safe purchase regardless of the place, time or device used. Introducing the new sales channel should empower them to broaden the customer reach and improve the shopping experience.

Selected functionalities:

• Elasticsearch Suite – an extensive search engine prompting queries, categories and products while entering a search phrase,
  • integration with the ERP Farmax system, which provides the platform with information on sales, warehousing and logistics processes,
  • integration with the POS system – Magento send information to POS when new orders or returns occure, which allows the customer to communicate with Super-Pharm employees in the Client’s stores,

E-commerce Dev for Men's Fashion Retailer

"Strix's team is open to new ideas, creative and not afraid to take on challenges."

Sept. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Strix Used Magento to redesign a website and included a shopping cart function for a fashion brand. They integrated the ERP system so the shop can automatically send status changes and receive stock info.

Mariusz Serafin
Director of Marketing & E-commerce, Lancerto

The site operates more efficiently and loads faster, resulting in a stronger UX. They’ve also increased the number of transactions. Strix maintained constant contact via phone and email. Their team was professional and provided creative ideas that made the collaboration successful.

I'm the Director of Marketing & E-commerce in Lancerto. Lancerto is a premium men's fashion brand that has been on the market since 2008. The company offers formal and smart casual clothing (suits, jackets, trousers), and also specializes in tailor-made clothing, taking into account the dimensions of individual customers (made-to-measure system). The brand has a nationwide sales network with locations in shopping malls of the largest Polish cities (46 stores).

For what projects/services did your company hire Strix?

We hired Strix to refresh the design of the website and improve the efficiency of the service by implementing Magento 2. Also, in our business, providing our customers with the best possible comfort and convenience when shopping is crucial. That is why we were also looking for a solution that allows our users to intelligently adjust the size of clothes when they're shopping online.

Firstly, refreshing the store’s website layout to make it more modern and user-friendly. Secondly, improving the customer experience by simplifying the checkout process.

Strix is one of the best companies providing e-commerce solutions in Poland. We have heard a lot of good things about it, so after presenting the offer we decided to start cooperation.

Strix' team of experts managed to move the store from Magento 1 to Magento 2 within 4 months. Strix has combined the native Magento shopping card function with a dedicated checkout solution. From now on, the user can verify the order faster and more conveniently. Until now, customers have used size tables in the form of a PDF opened in a separate card. To improve the selection of the right size, Strix has prepared its own mechanism "Size tables". It allows creating tables that are functional for the user, easy to complete (filters) and contain a practical guide on how to measure yourself. Strix has implemented a Fit Finder tool for us, making it easier for customers to find the right size. Also, they made bilateral integration with the ERP system – the shop sends information on status changes to the ERP system and receives data about products, inventory, statuses, showrooms from it.

The project team included two backend developers, two frontend developers, tester and project manager. We had daily contact with our project manager, who gave us update about the project.

This multi-stage process has resulted in new functionalities in the online store, more efficient operation of the site and better shopping experience for the users. After the implementation of the new version of Magento, the store achieved 47% faster page loading and an increase in the number of transactions by 14%.

We worked with a project manager (Barbara Caban, Strix) dedicated only to our project. Barbara is an experienced project manager who kept her hand on the pulse, kept us informed about the changes introduced, the progress of work and was in constant contact with us by phone and e-mail. We could always count on her professional help.

Strix's team is open to new ideas, creative and not afraid to take on challenges. The project was already difficult at the start, such as migrating in 4 months or creating new functionality from scratch.

We are satisfied with Strix’ work, there is nothing to improve. We continue our cooperation.

E-Commerce Development for Home Improvement Retailer

"Strix knows exactly what we want and how our business works."

2015 - Ongoing

Strix developed a Magento platform from scratch. The team built specialized functionalities within the e-commerce site. They provide maintenance and updates.

Tomasz Stefanowski
Web Development Manager, Castorama Sp. z o.o.

Strix consistently meets expectations. Their skilled and innovative development team spurred continued engagement. They’re dedicated to the success of their clients. Customers can expect an understanding and hardworking team at an affordable price.

I’m the web development manager at Castorama Sp. z o.o. We’re one of the bigger players in the Polish DIY market, both online and offline.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

Strix was hired to develop a custom Magento website for our business.

Strix developed our Magento 1 website from scratch. Since it revolves around 78 physical stores, it’s a bit complicated. Customers can look for the nearest store, check the availability, and look into the pricing. While the transactions happen in-person, they’re reflected digitally on the website.

The first functionalities added were “click and collect” and “click and deliver” for the customers. Right now, we have multiple delivery options using our own transport fleet.

The team has varied based on what requirements we had. We’ve had team members work on development and maintenance. At the moment, we’re employing around 16 people. We have three project managers.

How did you come to work with Strix?

We found a couple of options for Magento developers when searching the Polish market. One of them was one of our competitors, which we didn’t choose as a matter of company policy. In the beginning, Strix gave us a great price and had the skills for what we wanted in a website build.

We started working with Strix 3–4 years ago.

Our ongoing collaboration is a sign of a great relationship. We’ve doubled the financial value of our transactions year to year, every year. Next year, we plan on upgrading from Magento 1 to 2, which will be a complicated task.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m delighted with Strix. It’s important to work with people who understand business aspects.

Strix knows exactly what we want and how our business works. They’re not just looking for money; they’re the type of company that seeks to help the client and solve their problems. Their team can find useful business solutions while tackling large, complicated projects.

Not at the moment.

If the project is described accurately, the team at Strix will find a solution to build a competitive and innovative website or e-commerce platform.

They’re the best Magento developer in Poland, and I have recommended them.

Branding and E-Commerce Development for Jewelry Company

“His team is very original, and they’re the kind of people I want to work with.”

2015 - 2016

Strix designed a jewelry company’s brand and incorporated their style into a new website. After creating storyboards to create the site’s image, they developed the site using Magento.

Barbara Kwiecien
CEO, House of April

The website’s design and functionality led to an award nomination and one major award win. The Strix team showed a lot of interest in the project’s success, working to provide original ideas and multiple solutions to ensure its success. Because of their efforts, the site still holds up years later.

I am a designer and the CEO of my own jewelry company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

I wanted a big website that would wow my customers. I basically gave Strix two tasks—first, to design the visual identity of my brand, and second, to develop a modern online store in both Polish and English.

I explained to them what I wanted the brand to be like, and we brainstormed together. They showed me examples of other jewelers from Poland and the UK to give us a few ideas. We decided to work with a graphic designer who created a concept design. Then we hosted a photoshoot to create images that would look good in a fashion and convey the brand’s image.

Once we narrowed down how we wanted the brand to look, they created storyboards for the website. We met several times, and they presented 3-4 layout options for me to choose from.  They then developed the site using Magento. Finally, they provided training because my team and I weren’t familiar with the technology.

Borys (CEO, Strix) was my main point of contact, but there were three people, including a technical person, always on call. A few more people may have also worked on the project when we got close to launching the site, but I didn’t work with them directly.

How did you come to work with Strix?

I met Borys a long time ago at the Swedish Institute of Management, and I just thought he was brilliant. His team is very original, and they’re the kind of people I want to work with.

I spent about $40,000 with them.

We worked together from 2015- 2016.

Shortly after the site’s launch, the website won best little online shop from the Chamber of Commerce. We were also nominated for another award because of how well the site functions. Years later, I still use the same website because it has been so successful and I still receive compliments on the design. I’ve only made a few small changes like adding a comma or space somewhere.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re so nice to work with. It’s clear that the staff is comfortable with their boss because they freely share ideas. They also looked for ways to save me money, which I really appreciated. Whenever I had a question, they came up with several solutions.

They treated my business like it was theirs. Meaning, I could ask their opinion and trusted that they would provide me with the best option. While they respected my ideas, they brought enough expertise to the table that they could combine our ideas to present the best solution.

Maybe their timeliness, even though it never interfered with my project. Their team has grown significantly since I worked with them though, so I think they’re capable of managing more clients now.

Be as open as you can, don’t force your opinions, ask questions, and ask for advice.

Website & E-Commerce Development for Automotive Company

“Their biggest advantages were in their straightforward approach and their reliability.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Strix designed and developed a new e-commerce site for an automotive company. They built pages in Magento 2 Enterprise, and integrated search features, APIs, and a CRM tool.

Jakub Gierszynski
E-Commerce and Marketing Director, Inter Cars S.A.

The site has won multiple awards, and customized account features cater to a variety of users. Strix was cooperative and treated the collaboration as a true partnership. They had useful experience in the vertical, helpful connections to other national markets, and good suggestions.

We are part of Inter Cars S.A., a leading Central and Eastern European B2B company. We import and distribute spare auto parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Our product range includes garage equipment, including tools for servicing, repairing, and maintaining cars as well as motorcycle spare and tuning parts.

I’M Inter Motors is the B2C brand of Inter Cars S.A. I'm the e-commerce and marketing director of the motorcycle division there. We have 40 retail stores and a website that sell motorcycles clothes, accessories, spare parts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

We hired them to develop a new e-commerce platform that would fulfill the requirements of omnichannel direction. We'd had an existing e-commerce site for five years, but we decided to change things as we took on more B2C transactions. The new platform needed to be more agile and ready for fast scaling to enter other markets and sales channels.

They built an omnichannel platform on Magento 2 Enterprise Edition (EE). The team started with an MVP, after a few months they moved into the development of the core application to work out of Poland. In the following three months, they built cross-border versions to include three additional countries and create a marketplace. They developed this website from scratch and supported us as we rebranded in 2018.

They created an importer to batch and feed the information from our ERP and other services to Magento 2 because there wasn't a direct connection between the sources.

We integrated external partners like YourCX, Centuria, SMS API, SALESmanago, Feedlink, Claudinary, Carriers, PayPro(Przelewy 24), Allegro, and more. Strix has skilled frontend development, so they helped us build banners and all the visual aspects of the brand. That were used as well in retail communication.

We have extended versions of the retail stores on the website. Users can look at our stores, find out who is working at each location, and view store maps and reviews. The website caters to motorcyclists, and there are product breakdowns for each style of driver. We also have specialty versions of customer accounts, and a variety of clients have options for invoices, store preferences, and tailored newsletters.

A project manager acted as our direct contact. There were also two backend developers, two frontend developers, and one tester. During the foundational stages of the project, we worked with an engaged strategic director and a system architect.

How did you come to work with Strix?

There are five good Magento technology companies in Poland, and we sent briefs to each. Strix's price was 5%-8% higher than the other companies. They had previous experience in complex omnichannel projects on Magento, and they had a few motorcyclists on their team as well. They already had a plan when we met for the first time. Compared to other vendors, they were concrete.

The first 13-month development phase cost about $400,000 USD.

We spoke with them during the last quarter of 2017 and signed a contract in December 2017 for 13 months. We agreed to have an MVP of the website before March 1, 2018—for the start of the motorcycle season. The platform needed to show and sell our full range of products through a nice design. Before the end of the year, we'd add other custom features for the core application's development. We planned on implementing an extended customer account, loyalty program, custom product page, check out functionalities, internal search for tires and parts, extended “my store page”, integration with the marketplace, and more. After finishing the core application website in Q1 2019, the product will open for cross border and another marketplace.

The MVP was delivered on time. Our new platform tripled our 2017 product turnover rates in 2018, and we expect to double 2018's metrics by the end of 2019. Our mutual transmission on retail business has grown 30% compared to the previous year.

During the 2018 E-commerce Awards by the Poland E-commerce Chamber, our platform took home first in the Best in Omnichannel category and second in the Best Design and Usability category.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very professional in guiding the project and providing clear feedback. We cooperated through two-week sprints, and the collaboration was a real partnership. We found ways to work together that were mutually beneficial. They were willing to work over weekends, and the website was really successful. We used Jira and Confluence to manage the project.

They have a positive attitude and always find a solution. Their experience in the automotive industry set them apart. They also have contacts in the other countries' markets we hope to break into in the future. Their biggest advantages were in their straightforward approach and reliability. Their suggestions were much stronger than any other company we considered, and they were always realistic and responsible.

Their offices are about 500 kilometers from ours, but it would be nice to have more in-person contact with them. Everything else was top-level.

Speak with their Borys (CEO, Strix). He will help you find a tailored solution and give you a clear answer.

E-commerce Development for a Poland Accessory Store

"They’ve been a great choice for my business—they’re flexible and open to change."

Jul. 2018 - Ongoing

Strix migrated an existing website to a Magento 2.3 platform. They also developed a new frontend for the site and provide ongoing support.

Magda Staszcyk
Head of E-commerce, TOUS Polska

The updated platform and frontend have ensured a smoother UX and purchasing process for customers on the site. Strix’s support has helped solve all existing issues using their expertise and dedication. The team has been adaptable and proactive throughout the project.

I’m the head of TOUS Polska. Founded in 1920, TOUS is a luxury lifestyle brand offering high-quality jewelry, handbags, and accessories within 54 boutiques located in Poland, Czech Republic, and Slovakia. In early 2015, we decided to go with Magento Open-Source to start our e-commerce journey.

What challenge were you trying to address with Strix?

We were having issues with our Magento 2 website. We hired Strix to migrate our site to a Magento 2.3 version and develop a new frontend.

At that point, we'd worked with Magento 2.0 for two years. Along with the development of our e-commerce platforms, our expectations began to increase. We realized that we needed more advanced solutions, particularly for user experience and stock management.

Strix built our website on Magento 2.3 and implemented a fully operational MSI Solution. We were one of the first in the world to use the technology. At the same time, they developed a new frontend for the platform. They chose a template for our shop and customized it to meet our preferences and e-commerce standards.

Our initial contact was the CEO, but we now work with a dedicated project manager.

How did you come to work with Strix?

Strix is a highly popular agency in Poland, so I had known of them before. I chose them because of their Magento expertise and they were a smart partner for us.

We started working together in July 2018 and the project is ongoing.

All of the issues we were having with our site were solved with the support of Strix. Our customers can place orders without a problem and our sales have improved. Additionally, our site is very modern and we’re thrilled with it.

How did Strix perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication between our teams is strong. We talk over phone, email, and occasionally in person. They deliver everything we ask for under deadline and answer our questions quickly.

They’ve been a great choice for my business—they’re flexible and open to change. When we have issues, they quickly react and find solutions.

There’s nothing they could do better for us.