Web design, mobile apps and SEO.

Stream 9 is custom website and mobile app design and development company located in Cleveland, OH. Customer service and support is one of are greatest priorities. We're a digital agency that wants to work with you to help guide you through decisions and offer solutions to your problems. We're a small, talented team of designers and developers and always up for a challenge.

In addition building websites and mobile apps we also provide SEO, hosting and consulting services.

2008
Cleveland, OH
  • 812 Huron Rd. Suite 421
    Cleveland, OH 44115

Startups, small and medium sized business, nonprofits, Westin Hotels, Sherwin Williams, Reclaimed DesignWorks.

App and Web Dev for Manufacturing Company

"They're a great company to work with, and I would pick them every time we need someone to work with."

July 2014 - Ongoing

Stream 9 implemented the backend of a manufacturing company's website, and new features were added in a collaborative process. They also developed an Android mobile app that tracks product warranties.

Mantua, Ohio
Shelby Scuderi
Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager, Atlantic Water Gardens

The site is more user-friendly and visually interesting, and the app has streamlined the company's process for keeping track of warranties. Having worked with Stream 9 for three years, the client continues to be impressed by the ease of communication and their strong work ethic.

Atlantic Water Gardens is a manufacturer of water feature equipment such as pumps, filter boxes, and skimmers to create backyard waterfalls, ponds, fountains, spillways, etc. We sell through distribution in stores all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I am the graphic designer and marketing manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stream 9?

We wanted to develop our website so that we would be able to grow our web presence. We come out with 50 new products every other year. We needed to be able to have our website function the way we wanted to be able to expand the business. We had built our website on our own, and we needed a backend to give us a way to manage the site and manage our products easier.

We provided the design and content, and Stream 9 was able to build something that met our needs. We needed to be able to edit and change things on the site. They coded for our product gallery so customers could navigate through our products and product pages. They built a photo gallery for the different categories of products we have. They created forms so that homeowners and contractors could go on our site and fill out a form if they needed more information. They helped us build a new section that was dedicated to educating the homeowner and contractor about water features. We gave them our ideas, and they provided some of their suggestions to improve our vision. It was a collaborative effort. They built the site using their own system called Iris.

They also created an Android mobile app that tracks warranties for our products. We used to have to write all of the serial numbers by hand, but they created a scanning system app where we can now scan the serial number that is then entered into a database system. We can now track that product when it’s shipped out.

Stream 9 also helped clean up a mobile app that someone else created for us.

How did you come to work with Stream 9?

I researched the internet for web development companies in the area. I wanted to be able to work closely with a local company. I knew our projects were extensive and wanted to have face-to-face time and make sure they understood how we work. I looked at the company websites and scheduled a phone call to discuss and get to know the people who worked there to see if they were a good fit. It was important to us that we enjoy who we’re working with. When I scheduled a time with Stream 9, they were happy to come to our factory, get a tour, discuss what our business goals were, what we were looking for in a development company, and what our future projects were. The other companies weren’t as easy to schedule with and talk to, so Stream 9 seemed like a good fit for us.

How much have you invested with Stream 9?

We have spent around $28,000 over the course of our relationship.

We began working with Stream 9 in July 2014, and the work is ongoing.

We’ve seen a lot more interaction with this website as opposed to the website we had before. It’s more user-friendly, more responsive, and can be used on different screen resolutions. We get a lot more interactions on our forms. It’s a lot more visually interesting and flows nicer than what we had before. It has improved by leaps and bounds since we started working with them. The warranty app has streamlined our process and made us more efficient. We’re able to keep track of where our warranties are coming from, how they got there, and how long it took to get the product from us to a homeowner’s hands.

How did Stream 9 perform from a project management standpoint?

Stream 9 has been excellent. We’ve been working with them for three years and haven’t had any issues. Communication is always easy. They’re a great company to work with, and I would pick them every time we need someone to work with. We use Basecamp to communicate. Their response time is quick. We usually hear back from them within 15 minutes to an hour. We also communicate through email and phone calls. I communicate with a few different people on their team depending on the project. I have one main point of contact, but I’ve talked with other two team members as well. When they assign a project, it’s usually that person that’s dedicated to the project that I talk to.

What did you find most impressive about Stream 9?

The team at Stream 9 has great work ethic. They’re down-to-earth, and you can talk to them in your own words if you don’t know the lingo. They understand easily and are easy to talk to.

Are there any areas Stream 9 could improve?

The backend of the website they created could be easier to use when it comes to bulk editing products on our end, but it’s not a major problem.

Overall Score Stream 9 is so easy to work with, and the communication is always there. They work hard to give you a product that you’re happy with.
    Stream 9 is usually spot-on with deadlines. Any delays have been because of us. They’re really good at scheduling things and getting the work done.
    Their prices are fair.
    Stream 9 always delivers a product that’s what we expected, and if it’s not, they work to give us exactly what we’re looking for.
    We’ve had the best experience with Stream 9, and I’d like to share that with other customers.

Web Dev and Support for Custom Web Builders

"They took the time to learn my business....so they could come up with a product that's helpful for everyone."

Dec. 2008 - Ongoing

In an effort to transition their print-based services to digital, a company that builds customized branded merchandise stores partnered with Stream 9 to develop the frontend and backend of their online stores.

West Lake, Ohio
Amy Inch
President, GLS Group Inc.

The employees and affiliates of the stores find the sites simple and easy to navigate. The user experience is highly fluid. In all, Stream 9 exceeded expectations and successfully understood the users and the needs of the business.

GLS Group Inc. sells branded merchandise and recognition and incentive programs. We build stores for private companies. We’ve been in business over 40 years. I’m the president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stream 9?

We went from doing printed stores or programs to doing everything on an online platform. We also had to upgrade our systems internally. We wanted to stay up to date with technology.

In order to provide and create a program for us, they had to learn our business and our needs along with our clients’ needs. They took the time to do that and came up with a product that was better than we imagined. They created custom online stores by working on both the frontend and backend.

How did you come to work with Stream 9?

I was looking for a new internet service provider, and in that process, someone knew Kirk [Owner, Stream 9]. I was explaining the problems we were having and what we wanted to do, and this person introduced me to Kirk. I was also speaking with four other companies, but Kirk blew everyone else away as far as the services he could provide and the attention that he gave us.

We started working with them in December 2008, and the work is ongoing.

The quality of their work is fantastic. The general public doesn’t use our sites. Only the employees and affiliates of the stores have access to the sites, so we don’t have any metrics. Based on user feedback, the sites are much simpler to use and navigate. Users say that the process of purchasing and checking out is much simpler. The process is comparable to Amazon. Stream 9 took user experiences from Amazon and applied that to our project so that our clients would be able to easily use our sites as well. They have exceeded our expectations. What they have provided us has cut our work time into a quarter of what it used to be.

How did Stream 9 perform from a project management standpoint?

They have gone above and beyond. We have their immediate attention all the time. There are problems with any site, but the measure of a good provider is how they react and solve them. Everyone that I work with at Stream 9 is very responsive and very helpful. They also test out their solutions. Their customer service is excellent; we communicate with multiple contacts through email, phone, and Skype.

What did you find most impressive about Stream 9?

They took the time to learn my business and my needs as well as my clients’ needs so they could come up with a product that’s helpful for everyone. Nobody else did that.

Are there any areas Stream 9 could improve?

No. I only wish they were in our office building.

If anything, they’ve been early.
    I think they’re actually very valuable for the high level of service and quality of their products.
    Their products are better than we expected and their service is on time and very dependable.
    I recommend them all the time.