Make every click count!

Gold

Straight North is an Internet marketing agency specializing in SEO, PPC and responsive websites. We help firms increase sales leads and e-commerce revenue.

Our core service is SEO. We have helped hundreds of clients improve organic search visibility since 1997. We are the only SEO company that validates and reports all sales leads from phone and forms.

Call us today: 844-219-3699

1997
Chicago, IL
  • 211 W Upper Wacker Dr, Suite 1800
    Chicago, IL 60606
  • 1026 Jay St
    Charlotte, NC 28208

Chicago Bears, Fiserv, Nicor Gas, Hub Group, UPS, HomeAdvisor, Harvard, Trustwave, New City Moving, Advanced Technology Services, Follett, Pro Stock Hockey, Mrs. Prindables & Affy Tapple, INE, Joint Commission, Modern Bathroom, National Louis University, Global Verification Network, Go Ship, Figo Pet Insurance

Mrs. Prindables Image

Go Ship Image

Go Ship

BluePay Processing Image

BluePay Processing

Please see our website for more case studdies.

Chicago Bears Image

Earthwise Environmental

Mowery & Schoenfeld Image

Mowery & Schoenfeld

SEO for IT Services Company

“We were nowhere to be found before, and since they started six months ago, we’ve seen gains.”

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Straight North does SEO for an IT company, creating a custom strategy based on various content and linking initiatives. They prioritized certain keywords and created a ‘remote work’ webpage when COVID-19 began.

11- 50 Employees

Morris, Illinois
John Lyle
Marketing Manager, Aqueity

Straight North has significantly boosted keyword rankings and driven inbound leads. In addition to delivering measurable results, the team excels at project management, communicating seamlessly and providing access to reports through their custom portal. Customers can expect an accountable partner.

We’re an IT services company. We have about 45 clients and primarily do managed IT services, where we come in and either supplement an existing IT staff or replace the IT staff completely. We do some other projects, like cloud migrations and firewall installs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

My company wasn’t happy with our organic rankings on Google. We engaged Straight North to launch a series of initiatives to boost our rankings on Google.

The first thing we collaborated on was the keywords we wanted to rank for. We prioritized those keywords, and then they came up with initiatives on how to rank better for those keywords, whether that was an optimized page on the website, a piece of content that we used as a link magnet to get links back to our site, or a series of blog posts where we optimized for a certain term that we wanted to rank for. The strategy was personalized in terms of what they thought could get the best results for each of these terms that we wanted to rank for.

My one point of contact is Ann (Senior Project Manager), and she is impeccable at her job. I told her at the beginning of the partnership that she would need to manage me a bit and keep me accountable, and she has done that tenfold.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

It was a referral. My boss here at Aqueity knew of a guy who had used Straight North in the past and had nothing but good things to say about them. I set up a meeting with Matt (Business Development Manager). We evaluated two other SEO companies, but Straight North stood out because they have a really sound process behind everything. Everything is documented, and they communicate really well, which I could see even in the sales process.

We are on a $2,000-per-month plan.

Our work together began in January 2020, and it’s ongoing.

We don’t get a ton of inbound leads. It requires a lot of trust to get someone to hand their IT department over, so it’s a long buy-in process. We got an organic lead a few months after Straight North came on and closed it to the tune of $12,000 a month in recurring revenue for a three-month contract. We’ve already seen measurable results in terms of dollars.

They’ve successfully boosted our rankings on Google; the average search result across our tracked keywords right now is on the second page, whereas they were on the seventh or eighth page before Straight North came on. We were nowhere to be found before, and since they started six months ago, we’ve seen gains.

The lead flow and the uptick in the SERPS (search engine results page) are the two things that I measure. They’re making a difference and are committed to the partnership. They’re always good about the ancillary things, like being responsive and on time to meetings. There was a situation two months ago when COVID-19 hit, and we needed to pivot our strategy a bit, since companies are working remotely now and need remote IT setups. I asked Straight North to prioritize some different keywords and make a dedicated ‘remote work’ page on our website. Ann and her team were on it and were responsive. I asked them to drop everything for me and get it done, and they were able to deliver.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

The nice thing about Straight North is that they have everything in a portal called GoNorth Reporting, which I can log into. I can see the rankings and monthly breakdowns. Ann puts together monthly reports that she uploads to the portal, and we review those collaboratively and go through the progress that was made. We also have bi-monthly calls to chat about any strategy direction, changes we want to make, etc. The project management is really what has set them apart in my eyes.

What I think distinguishes Straight North from any other SEO provider I’ve worked with is the fact that they communicate, they’re accountable to their results, and they truly have our business’s best interest in mind. Having worked with a lot of digital marketing companies, I know this is uncommon, so finding that in a business partner is really valuable.

I have been really happy with the partnership. I don’t really have anything.

It’s really about setting expectations. When you start any new partnership with an outside vendor, if they don’t know what you expect of them when the partnership starts, how can they possibly achieve anything? That was one thing I took very seriously at the beginning of our partnership: setting my expectations on what I expected of them, which was an increase in rankings and more lead flow, both of which we’ve gotten.

Web Design & Development for Education Consultancy

“I can’t emphasize enough how exceptional their communication was and how helpful it was to the whole process.”

Mar. 2018 - Mar. 2020

Straight North designed and developed a custom website for an education consultancy. They handled everything on the content side. The client plans to engage them for SEO and PPC.

San Diego, California
Jamie Storm
Director of Operations, Storm Educational Enterprises, Inc.

They delivered a professional site that has not only given the client a renewed sense of confidence but also played a large part in helping them grow their business. Straight North excelled at project management. Flexible and understanding, the team translated vague requests into concrete ideas.

Our organization is Storm Educational Enterprises, Inc. We do professional development consulting for kindergarten–12th-grade schools, and our emphasis being English language acquisition. We travel to schools across the country and instruct teachers on classroom strategies, which cover anything from classroom management to strengthening English as a second language. I’m the director of operations. I handle all day-to-day business, and the owner handles all of the content.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

I’m relatively new to our company; I joined in 2011, whereas the company has been around since the 1990s and survived solely on word of mouth. That was how we got all of our business, and it sustained things but didn’t provide the growth we were looking for. We had great data with our existing clients and felt like we had a good opportunity to expand. However, in today’s digital age, a professional and detailed website was a really important part of the growth that we wanted to see.

Straight North filled the gap that we’d had in the past. We had tried to rework our website a couple of times with private independent developers that were mostly into the programming side. They had wanted to be told what needed to be done; for instance, they expected the text to be delivered to them exactly as we wanted it to appear on the site. Providing thoughtful content created a lot of work for us, and we didn’t know anything about keywords or those kinds of things.

One of the reasons we decided to go with Straight North is that they did provide that content side; we gave them our information through a really detailed questionnaire, and then they provided the content in a professional, edited, and thoughtful manner. The content included the keywords that were important to getting the business we were looking for.

We just launched the site and plan to use Straight North for SEO and PPC.

We just worked with Natalie (Project Manager)

How did you come to work with Straight North?

I believe I found them based on reviews. I Googled the best website companies, but for me, it comes down to customer experience. When I read Straight North’s reviews and testimonials, it really sounded like they would fill that gap we’d had in the past.

I believe we spent around $11,000.

We worked with Straight North from March 2018–March 2020. That timeline was definitely on our end; they were very prompt and diligent about their work.

Internally, the site has given our team a sense of pride and professionalism that we hadn’t had in the past. We’re a family-run company that was working out of a small home office, and in the last two years, we’ve expanded and built warehouse and office facilities. Part of that growth is having a professional website that we can share with potential customers. The site much more accurately reflects our company than our past companies did.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

As a family-run company, we didn’t have the time or focus to put toward completing the tasks that were necessary to get everything done. Straight North was amazingly understanding and gave us gentle reminders to make sure we hadn’t forgotten about things, but they weren’t pushy when we explained it wasn’t the right time. They were exceptional in customer service.

Natalie definitely went above and beyond. She would send little reminders, especially if something was changing on their end; for instance, she was great about letting us know when they had other projects coming up and what they could get done if we provided the necessary materials beforehand. That heads up was really helpful.

In comparison to our experiences with other developers in the past, communication is definitely one aspect that Straight North excelled in. Trying to communicate with past developers was like pulling teeth, and working with Straight North was a dramatically better experience. I can’t emphasize enough how exceptional their communication was and how helpful it was to the whole process.

Honestly, no. They were super flexible and helpful, and they really came through on the requests that we had for our website. I was worried that our requests were too vague, but they came back with concrete ideas that really helped us out.

My advice for any new client would be to really think about what you want. Look at other websites and see what you like about those sites and what tools might be useful for your own. Think it through better than we did before you start; we hadn’t really thought some of those questions through.

We’ve never worked with a professional company, but I believe it will be well worth the money. I don’t know yet, but I’m exceptionally optimistic.

PPC Campaigns for Kitchen Design Franchise

"We appreciate their communication."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Straight North provides digital marketing services to support paid ad efforts for a kitchen design franchise. They use tools to modernize processes. They direct national PPC initiatives and display campaigns.

Aberdeen, South Dakota
Director of Technology, Kitchen Design Franchise

The collaboration resulted in increased lead quality and several months of record-breaking lead generation. Straight North is reliable and dedicates competent resources that facilitate a streamlined engagement. The team is accessible and advance their skillsets to support an ongoing partnership.

I’m the director of technology at a national kitchen franchise system.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

We worked with another company for 5–10 years but it was time for a change.

Straight North manages our national PPC and national display campaigns that we run for all of our franchises. They updated our approach to digital marketing, combining AI technology with their expertise.

We worked with a few different project managers. I’ve worked with Courtney (Account Manager) for the longest period of time.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

We researched different companies and felt the most comfortable with Straight North. Their sales representative and the information provided made us feel at ease. They provided great reports, and we read about their past successes.

We usually spend between $10,000–$12,000 a month.

We started working together in March 2017 and our engagement's ongoing.

We beat our number of leads every single month during the first quarter of 2020. We broke records every month.

We’ve seen quality leads from Straight North. They implemented a technology that shot up our leads and improved their quality too. We’re a higher-ticket item, so the quality of our leads is important to us.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

We talk every other week. If I have any questions, I send Courtney an email and she replies right away. We update our campaigns seasonally and the whole process is seamless. We send them text and images that we like and their team gives us feedback because they’re the experts. She works with her team and we can see different designs quickly. It’s easy to work with Straight North.

We appreciate their communication. If I have a question in between, I can talk to Courtney. The communication’s wide open. If I need to pull a report for my company’s president, I can email them and have a report within a day or so. Their team’s always advancing their technologies. Courtney always has something to share with us, which is important to us. I trust Courtney. I know that she and her team are doing the best work for us.

No, not right now. They’re doing a good job. I trust that they’re working in our best interest.

Be active in your campaign. You can just give them the money and not think about it. But I think it’s valuable to communicate with them and ask questions. Let them know what’s going on with your business. Keep them informed about your needs.

SEO Services for Accounts Payable Solutions Co

"Across the board, their team’s communication skills are phenomenal."

Oct. 2019 - Mar. 2020

Straight North provided digital marketing services to enhance organic search initiatives for an accounts payable company. The team managed backlinking initiatives and enhanced the website including content.

Danna Hileli
VP Marketing, Goby

Straight North provided valuable services that satisfied expectations and presented the opportunity for a significant ROI. The team remained accessible throughout the engagement to address any inquiries. They adapted to feedback quickly, which ensured a successful partnership.

I’m the VP of marketing for a company in Chicago that provides solutions for accounts payable. We automate invoice capturing and processing as well as payment processing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

We thought that there was potential to grow our organic and paid search initiatives. We operate in a saturated market and our competitors have huge marketing budgets. We thought that it would make sense to bring in an agency with years of experience.

Their team mainly helped with our SEO efforts. They also helped us with optimizing our website, which involved improving its structure and editing content. Their team built links and suggested keywords for us too.

We worked with 4–5 people from Straight North. Our main point of contact was Courtney (Account Manager).

How did you come to work with Straight North?

Straight North’s CEO had a connection with our previous CEO, so their team reached out to us.

We spent $5,000 per month on their services.

The project began in October 2019 and it wrapped up in March 2020, which was 100% a budget decision.

We measured their success by website traffic, and they did an amazing job. It was a short-term engagement but it had a lot of potential. If we continued for the long term, we would’ve seen a really good ROI.

Their team accommodated any comments that we had. In the beginning, we needed to change the tone of the content to align with our brand. They were responsive and made the changes.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

Before we started the work, we had a point of contact who did an incredible job of facilitating the whole process. Their team created a project plan. Courtney was our main point of contact and in charge of our account. We had bi-weekly calls to talk about updates. She was responsive to any questions.

Across the board, their team’s communication skills are phenomenal. They’re excellent communicators not just in terms of responsiveness but also in terms of clarity and providing additional details. If I had to make that decision again, we would go with Straight North.

I cannot think of anything for them to improve.

They’re receptive and responsive to feedback, so don’t keep anything to yourself. Ask them questions and give them comments because they’ll act on it. Also, make sure that you have the right address for their headquarters. We were appreciative and sent them a thank you basket to their downtown office but the majority of them are in their suburban office.

SEO & Web Development for Contract Agriculture Firm

“They had a very good system and it was designed to be launched quickly.”

Dec. 2018 - Feb. 2020

Straight North designed and developed a website for an agriculture firm using a proprietary CMS. Once the platform launched, they provided digital marketing services like SEO.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Chase Anderson
Marketing & Operations Manager, Agri Services International

The project was well worth the cost. Since the platform launched, the firm has received more qualified leads, resulting in a high ROI. Straight North has a reliable and efficient system that has enabled them to complete the project quickly.

I work for a company called Agri Services International. We’re a contractor and wholesaler that deals in irrigation. I’m now the marketing and operations manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

I was coming into an organization with little to know digital footprint. I needed a proof of concept to demonstrate that a functioning website with digital marketing would affect the bottom line. At the same time, we didn’t want to go in on a custom website with a huge budget and big marketing agency. I wanted a solution that would improve our digital presence without breaking the bank.

We went back and forth to get them up to speed on our company. We provided a lot of research and filled out forms to give them some more background information. Then they scaled it down for content and conducted further research.

As far as building the website, it was pretty straight forward with the platform they used. It was a proprietary CMS that cuts down development time into about a third of what it would be on a custom site. I gave them information and they would insert it on the website, then design accordingly.

They’ve also provided digital marketing work, like SEO.

I worked with someone throughout the sales process. Then, once we reached an agreement, we had a project manager. Then we worked with a marketing manager.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

I was looking for an agency that could provide an affordable solution that specialized in B2B. They really stood out in that niche.

We spent between $18,000–$22,000.

We started the development process in March 2018 and the site launched in March 2019. Then we worked on SEO through February 2020.

The website and their SEO efforts has paid for itself many times over. Over the course of the last year, we received a few more qualified leads. They also accomplished the proof of concept as well. We’re getting leads we’ve never received before. A contract can be pretty hefty in our industry, so just one lead makes the deal worth it. We probably receive 3–5 leads per month that translate into new business. We also receive more inquiries.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a very good system and it was designed to be launched quickly. It was rather formulaic, which works well for what we’re trying to do. So, I was pretty happy with it.

One of their specialties is helping businesses without a digital marketing presence and helping them level up in an affordable way.

Every B2B business gets pretty technical, but I did think some of the copy was a bit generic. It was such a quick time to launch, so it wasn’t worth addressing right away. I’m not exactly sure how they could have improved it, though.

Have your ducks in a row. Know your company’s goals, because you can’t expect Straight North to do everything on their own.

They’re very responsive and open to suggestions. Though, there was a point when they slowed down.
    On the basis of value, they’re great.
    They were willing to go above and beyond, even doing things I requested that weren’t in the template.
    I’m very willing to recommend them, especially for small businesses.

SEM Support for Water Treatment Provider

"The team at Straight North does the work they say they’re going to do."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

A water treatment provider hired Straight North to optimize their online brand & presence. The team works on SEO through backlinking & keyword creation. They’re starting to strategize with Google Ads.

Greater Chicago Area, Illinois
Val Tika
Senior Marketing Manager, LiquiTech

Qualified leads increased due to Straight North’s skilled expertise. Their communication style was also noteworthy. Customers can expect a transparent and professional partnership.

I’m a marketing manager at LiquiTech. We provide water solutions for healthcare facilities, hotels, and other industries to help eradicate waterborne pathogens.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

We hired Straight North to optimize our online branding.

The team at Straight North is looking at our online presence by optimizing our keywords and backlinking. Our keywords are competitive and harder to rank for, so their team is focusing on that. With the backlinking, they’ve produced some content for us. Their team also redesigned our website.

We also signed up to use their Google Ads management services. They’re going to optimize and clean our Google Ads account, looking into different ads and what works.

I work directly with Greg (Digital Account Manager, Straight North). I’ve also interacted with Matt (Director of Web Services, Straight North), and I know they have teams behind them.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

When I started here, the COO mentioned that Straight North had done consultation work in the past, and they suggested I reach out to them.

After receiving that referral about Straight North, their team did a presentation where we saw how knowledgeable they were in SEO. We didn’t have to look at other vendors.

So far, we’ve invested between $25,000–$50,000 on their services.

Our ongoing engagement with Straight North started in March 2019.

Due to Straight North’s work, there’s been an increase in qualified leads. I’ve received a lot of feedback from our sales group, and I’m excited to see what work Straight North will do with our Google Ads account.

In December, our redesigned website launched. Next month, I’m going to see how it’s doing compared to our older sites. When I have looked at Google Analytics, I’ve seen positive results with a lower bounce rate and an increase in time on page.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

A majority of my communication is through email with Greg. There is also a platform that I can log into that shows all of our leads and traffic. We also have biweekly calls.

The communication between us has been great. Whenever I need something, Greg is on top of it. He’s always ready to help and answer my questions. He strives to help me understand everything that’s going on.

Their professionalism is noteworthy. Along with being skilled in their field, their communication style is also impressive. The team at Straight North does the work they say they’re going to do.

Nothing that I can think of right now. My experience with them has been good.

Clients need to put in the right effort. If you think you’re going to hire an agency to do all of the work and let it be, it’s really a partnership. The effort on your side needs to be put in as much as their side. I believe that’s what made our partnership successful through transparent communication and putting in the effort. Customers need to put in their weight and not rely only on Straight North.

SEO Support for Experiential Marketing Agency

“They have a wide variety of in-house talent, which has proven to be beneficial.”

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

In efforts to strengthen their partner’s lead generation efforts, Straight North focused on SEO for a corporate events agency. Working for Google search results, they executed a link building strategy.

Delanie Olsen
Marketing Specialist, Total Event Resources

Since starting their partnership with the Straight North team, the client has benefitted from increased web traffic and incoming sales. Through a centralized point of contact and a unique tracking dashboard, keeping all parties in the loop was simple. They offered helpful, actionable suggestions.

I work as a marketing specialist for a corporate events management agency.  We plan and manage all aspects of our clients’ corporate events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

Our main goal was to bring in additional sales leads through a digital avenue. Of course, we utilized traditional sales, which brought us great success. Still, we’d have a couple of random leads come through our website, so we thought it would be beneficial to partner with a company like Straight North to boost those digital lead numbers.

We’re solely focusing on SEO. If we were to increase that in the future, we’d likely bring in SEM. But, at this point, they’re working on strengthening our PR to boost our ranking on Google and get more sales leads into our funnel. They did both on-site SEO and link building strategizing.

There are at least 4–5 people working on our account, including our project manager.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

I found them on a Google search. That seemed like an appropriate way to locate a partner because we’d be using them to support our Google rankings. From there, we did research and got quotes from several agencies. We wanted a local partner in Chicago, and they were one of the top candidates.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$25,000 on their services. Our team pays them a monthly base fee.

We started working together in September 2019, and our projects are ongoing.

We’ve seen both an increase in rankings on SERPs as well as several lead opportunities come through the website already. It took about three and a half months to pick up, which I understood would happen. I think it would’ve been a long uphill climb if we were to have gone with a different agency.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

I have one main point of contact who’s organized and clearly leading her team based on the direction I provide her. Their reporting platform is very unique and easy to understand. I can easily pull reports for leadership by using it. That’s been key to our success in project management.

They have a wide variety of in-house talent, which has proven to be beneficial. For instance, they offer individual resources for research, copywriting, SEO, and more. Having different viewpoints was great, and we might not have received that at other agencies.

I haven’t noticed anything so far because we’ve experienced steady uphill results. Currently, there’s nothing to report.

Stay organized. It went so well because I stayed just as involved as my main point of contact there. Making sure to stay hands-on, I kept files of their progress and timelines. It was easy for me to be confident in our spend with them that way. You’ll feel that same confidence if you do the same.

PPC for Photo and Media Digitization Provider

"We’re definitely generating business from what they’re doing."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Straight North does PPC on Google and Bing to drive sales for a data preservation company.

Houston, Texas
Daniel Enneking
Owner, Houston Scanning

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the quality of leads Straight North has driven to date. They’re familiarity with the industry is notable, as is their fast onboarding. Customers can expect a knowledgeable partner that excels at working with clients new to the marketing world.

I’m the owner of Houston Scanning. We transfer people’s photo albums and VHS and DVD—old, vintage style data—to a current digital format so they can preserve their memories.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

We’re competing with larger online companies, and Straight North is helping us with our local market. People aren’t confident shipping their memories out of the state or the country to preserve them, so they come to us. Straight North is doing advertising. Specifically, they do Google and Bing ads.

They do all of our PPC, in addition to targeting customers that are interested in the specific services we provide. They pinpoint and filter out the customers and clicks that aren’t going to turn into buyers. They’re saving us money in that regard.

I work with Taylor (Account Manager), but she has a team of 2–5 people that may touch on my project.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

We have quasi-partners located in Chicago, and they have a business called Chicago Scanning. Straight North started with them first since they’re also based in Chicago. They had a great experience, so, when I opened Houston Scanning, I decided to not fix what wasn’t broken and brought them on as well.

We spend around $1,500 dollars with them, including a $500 ad spend. We also pay them a management fee.

We’ve been working together since October 2019.

They’ve done very well for us. In the short amount of time we’ve been open, we’ve probably saved money regarding ad clicks that don’t pertain to us. Their experience with Chicago Scanning helps them quite a bit in identifying potential conversions. I don’t have a measurement to put it up against, but, from what I’ve seen, we’re doing more business than what I thought we’d do in the beginning. We’re definitely getting our name out there.

The sales we’ve spent ad money on in the last few months probably won’t come to fruition for another month or two. Our product is an elective expenditure, so people look around and see what’s out there. Our business could come months down the road based on current advertising.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

Taylor is awesome at getting back to me and keeping me in the loop about what’s going on. They seem like they’re pinpointing the clients we’re looking for, which prevents me from spending money on advertising that would bring sales. Overall, they’re helping us greatly, and I look forward to seeing more pinpointed feedback and qualified leads. We’re definitely generating business from what they’re doing.

It takes longer to get a business off the ground when you’re relying on something you’re not too familiar with, but they’ve done a great job. They had the experience from our quasi-partner, so they had the puzzle pieces ready to go. All they had to do was connect them. When you’re starting a business, you want to start making money fast, so this felt like it took a couple of extra weeks. Looking back, however, it went faster than it probably should have. I give them a lot of credit for getting it running as fast as they did.

I can’t think of anything measurable. I feel like they’re doing everything right, which is why we’re still with them.

Call them as soon as you can. They certainly know what they’re doing with PPC.

Definitely a five.
    I would highly recommend them.

PPC Support for Neuroscience Research Firm

"They’ve helped us be successful and moved us toward things we wouldn’t have done on our own."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Straight North provides ongoing PPC support for a neuroscience research firm. They work to improve Google Ads efforts and collaborate to come up with new ideas related to the industry.

President, Neuroscience Research Firm

The demonstrated skill from Straight North has contributed to the business seeing substantial growth in traffic, sales, and clicks. Their enthusiasm in leading the project has instilled trust between the two teams, something that makes the engagement flow smoothly and productively.

I’m the president of a Neuroscience Research Firm. We have four divisions focused on a variety of research, equipment, techniques, and tests.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

We’re a small company and as the landscape of Google started to change, we weren’t able to adapt very quickly. We felt like we were on the forefront of the efforts in the past, so we hired a team that would stay on top of the PPC work for us now.

For the most part, they help us with our PPC efforts as it pertains to Google Ads.

We were initially working with 2–3 people, but Taylor (Account Manager, Straight North) is who we mostly communicate with now.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

One of our employees knew someone who worked with Straight North, so they came to our attention. We had considered some other groups, but we liked the familiarity with Straight North and how they answered our questions.

We’ve spent between $5,000–$10,000 on their services.

Our engagement started in February 2019 and our engagement is ongoing.

PPC was something we were really neglecting, and since bringing Straight North on, we’ve seen a big turnaround. Looking at the analytics, we can see the number and quality of links improving. The traffic being directed to our site is better.

Our site isn’t designed to be a typical marketplace, but we’re seeing an uptick in sales there, too. Whenever we give a new focus to Straight North, we immediately see results from that, even if it’s just an upswing in interest for a product or focus area.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

When someone in one of our divisions approaches me about a new idea, I bring it to Straight North and they get on it. On the flip side, their team has also come to us with their own ideas to try, so their proactive approach has been really beneficial for us. We have the right amount of touchpoints with them, so they’re not overbearing or neglectful—they’re right in the middle. When we need them, they’re there.

We don’t know what we don’t know, so it’s great when they tell us what to take advantage of. They’ve helped us be successful and moved us toward things we wouldn’t have done on our own.

It’s also been nice to let them run with the project and we don’t have to worry because we know they’ll come back to us if they run into something. We can trust them, so we don’t have to watch over their shoulders to make sure they’re doing it right.

No, our relationship has been good.

Engage them. Even though they come with ideas, it’s still important to ask for new things and not get complacent. We can’t assume they know about our niche business and they can’t be experts in our product, so it’s wise to talk with them.

They’ve never hidden any fees and everything has been on time and within budget.

SEM Support & Web Design for Pipeline Service Provider

“They’ve been great at prioritizing what we’re supposed to be most closely focused on.”

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

Straight North offers SEO, PPC, and trade show collateral creation services to a water and sewage pipeline company. They are focusing their PPC efforts primarily on Google and Bing.

Irvine, California
Marketing Coordinator, Hoffman Southwest Corp.

Resulting from the updated collateral and new website, the team has contributed to an increase in leads and web traffic to their partner’s site. They’ve been willing to learn about the niche industry and offer an attentive project management style to ensure that they deliver the best results.

I’m the marketing coordinator at a company that provides inspection, maintenance, and rehabilitation for the pipeline industry. We work with water and sewage pipes within cities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Straight North?

We had a poorly performing website. Our team hired Straight North to rebuild the platform and optimize it for SEO.

Their main responsibilities with us are to improve our SEO, PPC, and collateral. In terms of paid ads, we focusing on Google and Bing. We attend trade shows throughout the year, so it was important for us to have flyers and marketing materials that we could hand out to potential clients. They helped us create those. At the moment, we’re also working on a PPC campaign.

I communicate with Ann (Project Manager, Straight North) and a sales rep that we talked to about our initial contract.

How did you come to work with Straight North?

I started here after we hired them, so I wasn’t involved in the hiring process.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$50,000 on their services so far.

We started working together in Septemeber 2019, and our work together in ongoing.

They produced a brochure that will help us showcase our services to potential clients. In the last few months, since they rebuilt our site, we’ve seen a great increase in leads we’re receiving through our online form. The quality of leads is also very high. Their organic search services have really paid off.

How did Straight North perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re in the rhythm of doing weekly calls to check-in on progress. They’ve been great at prioritizing what we’re supposed to be most closely focused on. It’s been super helpful to have them coordinate tasks to make our lives easier.

We’re in a very niche industry that most companies wouldn’t have knowledge about coming into a relationship. The partnership requires them to understand keywords and phrases within our industry. Their ability to keep track of all the required information and also conduct market research for us really contributed to our success.

We’ve been pretty happy so far. Now that we’re into the next phase of PPC work, we’re excited to continue to work with them. I can’t think of anything they could do to improve.

They offer a wide range of services. In order to get the most bang for your buck, I’d recommend using all of their services.

Gold