We build world-class apps for firms who think big

"Working with a professional such as this really makes all the difference. There was no guessing, no hoping things turn out OK, no disappointments after the work is done or having to toss it up to a 'lesson learned.' I couldn't be happier and would recommend to anyone who is serious about their project." - Laurel Natale

Orlando, FL
  • 421 E. Robinson St.
    Orlando, FL 32801

Disney World, Universal Orlando, Walmart, Mobil Oil, Kimpton, The National World War II Museum, Six Flags

Unplug Meditation Image

Unplug Meditation

iOS, Android, Web app, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. The app features 700+ videos filmed at the client's physical studios in the Los Angeles area. Multiple Apple features; profiled in Forbes.

College Admissions Coach for William Carey University Image

College Admissions Coach for William Carey University

Emma, on iOS and Android, is a database-driven app completely configurable via a complex custom rules-based backend and the user's unique path through the app. Emma is an end-to-end, complete solution stepping students through their decision making process of returning to school, selecting a degree program, evaluating their options, the online application process, post application process, and starting class.  The entire system

exists on the prospective student’s mobile device where they have access to “Emma”, their personal assistant through the entire process 24/7.

Mobile App Dev for University Wildflower Project

"They are very skilled at working with us to translate our general goals and ideas into a final product."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios is developing a mobile app from scratch for a university wildflower project. The product will be launched to iOS and Android and contain info, tools, and games promoting wildflower growth.

Orlando, Florida
Wildflower Specialist, University

The app is almost finished and has so far satisfied all project stakeholders with its aesthetics and features. The Stormbreaker Studios team is accommodating and collaborative, working together with the client to help bring their vision to life.

I work at a University on a project called Lawn to Wildflowers. We work with people around the country to help them convert turfgrass to pollinator-friendly wildflower habitat.

For what projects/services did your company hire Stormbreaker Studios?

To develop a mobile app for Lawn to Wildflowers.

To educate users about wildflowers and pollinators, to help them create wildflower habitat, and to collect scientific data on pollinators.

We heard about the from word of mouth and then chose to work with them because they were enthusiastic about the project and had much lower development cost that other companies we got quotes from.

The app allow users to learn methods for creating wildflower plots, has info about native wildflowers, has a interactive game about pollinator identification, and a tool for collecting pollinator data.

Gary and Charlyn and several other developers.

The app is nearly complete for Android and iOS but has not been posted on app stores yet. We are very pleased with the outcome so far and look forward to releasing it to the public.

The team at Stormbreaker was very accommodating with bringing our, initially, incomplete vision to life. Our idea for what we wanted with this app changes a great deal over time and they were very helpful in helping us work out our ideas and translate them to the app.

Some of development milestones took longer than expected, but it all came together in the end.

Mobile App Dev for Health-Related Data Tracking Platform

“They're sweet, caring, and grounded, and they’re real people who believe in transparency and honesty.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios developed the third version of a women’s health tracking app after two previous agencies underperformed. They moved everything to a new platform and built some new features from scratch.

California
Founder, Health & Wellness Platform

The work that Stormbreaker Studios delivers is high-quality, and their project manager is particularly strong. They take ownership of their deliverables, and they work diligently to resolve any issues that arise.

I own a wholistic menstrual and moon cycle tracking app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

I wanted to work with an honest and trustworthy app programmer. I had a lot of issues with programmers in the past. The first agency I worked with had a good developer, but they missed a key feature that set me back. The second programmer was a con artist. After all that, I finally found Stormbreaker.

They moved everything over to a new platform. I wanted to maintain some of the features from the previous versions, though they approached the project as if it were from scratch. A few things were missed or lost in translation, and we're still working on some of those issues now. The finished product is a mobile app for iOS and Android.

I work with one point person, though I've spoken with two other team members.

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

I looked for new programmers on an online forum I belong to, and was referred to them through a mutual connection. I was excited to work with a female developer who was honest, trustworthy, and affordable. I was excited by her energy, especially after my negative experience with my previous vendor.

I've spent about $10,000 on their work.

Our work together started around February 2019, and the project is ongoing.

Their work is high-quality. I'm very particular, so I took control of the visual elements, but everything they've done is very good.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

My main point of contact is phenomenal. When we faced issues, they stopped everything and redid some of their work for free. We went way over the timeline, but the effort and intention were always there.

They're sweet, caring, and grounded, and they’re real people who believe in transparency and honesty. They work hard.

Moving forward, I'd like to find a better communication platform. We communicate through email now, but that is something we can improve. I hope to work with them for a long time, and they're actively looking for a new team member to replace one that isn't working very well.

As with any app developer, make sure everything is clear and concise to avoid any discrepancies.

App Dev and Maintenance for Relaxation App

"To match our pace, their team fixes existing code and build new features very quickly and efficiently."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios revamped the codebase for an iOS app and web app. They made new features including a gift card page and subscription integration. They also built an Apple Watch version from scratch.

Executive Assistant, App Company

The team delivers high-quality development and maintenance work promptly. Stormbreaker Studios further smooths the workflow with consistent communication, regular progress and timeline updates, and a knack for problem-solving. Their willingness to take on new projects stands out.

I’m an executive assistant for an app company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

Another company built out our app for iOS devices, but the code needed cleaning and rewriting.

Stormbreaker Studios rewrote the code in our existing app to make it more robust and include the features we wanted. Those features include a gift card page, a page for company subscriptions, and an HR dashboard. They also built an Apple Watch app version from scratch, working with Apple and us to make that happen.

Stormbreaker Studios provides both creative development and code maintenance to our iOS app—built in Swift—and our web app—built in React and JavaScript. The API uses Python and Django, and our database is in Postgres.

I work mostly with Gary (Chief Development Officer, Stormbreaker Studios), our project manager, and Charlyn (Co-Founder, Stormbreaker Studios), who serves as our lead developer. They have a team behind the scenes, but I don’t have too much visibility into that.

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

It was a word-of-mouth connection. A fellow app company owner had worked with them a lot and recommended their team to us.

We started working together in February 2019, and the project is ongoing.

We lack hard analytics on the app’s performance so far. However, we’re still really happy with Stormbreaker Studios’ work. We like to move fast and get a lot done in order to grow. To match our pace, their team fixes existing code and build new features very quickly and efficiently. That translates into happy customers, leading to more downloads, more subscriptions, and higher retention.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

I love working with our project manager. He communicates progress, timelines, and other important information well. He also scopes out new tasks immediately.

Being able to turn around an Apple Watch app has been a great opportunity for us. Charlyn dove right into the project and figured out everything she had to do to create it pretty quickly. When we met with Apple, it was a successful meeting. We’re now in the process of finishing up our first version so that we can launch it.

The only way they can improve is if we had their team 100% dedicated to our business, but that’s not possible as an app startup. Stormbreaker Studios is really good with deadlines, communication, scoping tasks out, and making the time for us.

Pay for more hours if you want to turn around something quickly. It really comes down to how much time Stormbreaker Studios invests in your project. Also, be clear about what you want, so they know exactly how to design it and make it happen. They’re equipped to handle any project even if they haven’t done it before.