We build world-class apps for firms who think big

"Working with a professional such as this really makes all the difference. There was no guessing, no hoping things turn out OK, no disappointments after the work is done or having to toss it up to a 'lesson learned.' I couldn't be happier and would recommend to anyone who is serious about their project." - Laurel Natale

Orlando, FL
  • 421 E. Robinson St.
    Orlando, FL 32801

Disney World, Universal Orlando, Walmart, Mobil Oil, Kimpton, The National World War II Museum, Six Flags

Keeepr Image

Keeepr

Keeepr is the app that brings you closer to the ones that matter most. We created this iOS app along with a CMS to allow the cilent to update the content continuously. Animations bring several screens to life and add character. Developed in Swift.

Unplug Meditation Image

Unplug Meditation

iOS, Android, Web app, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. The app features 700+ videos filmed at the client's physical studios in the Los Angeles area. Multiple Apple features; profiled in Forbes.

College Admissions Coach for William Carey University Image

College Admissions Coach for William Carey University

Emma, on iOS and Android, is a database-driven app completely configurable via a complex custom rules-based backend and the user's unique path through the app. Emma is an end-to-end, complete solution stepping students through their decision making process of returning to school, selecting a degree program, evaluating their options, the online application process, post application process, and starting class.  The entire system

exists on the prospective student’s mobile device where they have access to “Emma”, their personal assistant through the entire process 24/7.

App Dev & UI/UX Design for Financial Consultancy Platform

"Stormbreaker Studios saved the project for me."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

To improve an existing mobile application, Stormbreaker Studios updated the code and enhanced the design for a financial consultancy. Their team used CodeIgniter and Swift to build upon the app.

Brandywine, Maryland
Ronda Reid-Mohammed
Founder & CEO, Filance

The app is awaiting launch in the App Store. The team at Stormbreaker Studios did an excellent job at fixing the code left by the previous developer. Their responsive approach complemented their quick workflow. Their technical expertise is also noteworthy.

I’m the founder of Filance, LLC, a financial consulting company that gives everyday people access to financial advisors. It’s our mission to close the wealth gap through access and education.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

We originally had a website and wanted to develop a mobile application.

Stormbreaker Studios was actually the second group we reached out to. We went with cheaper labor that ended up not working out. After that, we reached out to Stormbreaker Studios to clean up the previous work.

I had their team do a review of the app and let me know what the pain points were. After delivering that report, we discussed everything from timelines to cost. We also talked over some enhancements they presented to improve the look and feel and flow.

From there, we went into a long-term contract that would allow them to clean up the issues they found and work on the design enhancements. The original developer used CodeIgniter, so they continued building on that along with Swift technologies.

My main point of contact was Charlyn (Co-Founder). We worked with three individuals from her team.

I found them on Fiverr.

We’ve invested a little over $10,000.

Our engagement started in December 2019.

The app is now available for preorder. They were very responsive. Their ability to speak with me in less technical language was also helpful. Because of the original code, their team did run into some hiccups, but they worked through it and kept me informed any step of the way. At one point, I didn’t think anyone could fix it, but they stuck with it and resolved it for me.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re not using any project management tools. All of my deadlines have been met. There was one time where I had to reach out about the status of something, but other than that, they’ve been great at meeting deadlines. Their communication is very great. I can always reach someone.

The team is well-versed in technology. That was very helpful for me.

I don’t think I have anything right now. I’d be grasping at straws to find something. I enjoy working with them. Stormbreaker Studios saved the project for me.

Have clear goals upfront. That’s important for any project.

Mobile App Dev for Personal Relationship Platform

"The next time I need an app development company, Stormbreaker Studios will be my first call."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios developed a relationship-building platform as an iOS app. They supplied a few of the wireframes.

Berlin, Germany
Hubertus Crain
Founder & CEO, Keeepr Inc.

The app has yet to launch, but the client is satisfied with Stormbreaker Studios’ work so far. The team stuck to the client’s scope and was open to making changes no matter how small at no extra fee. Their high level of communication stands out.

I’m the founder and CEO of Keeepr, a new application for personal relationships to strengthen and be maintained.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

I was looking for an app development solution.

Stormbreaker Studios built the app from scratch for iOS devices. I supplied some of the wireframes while they developed others.

Charlyn (Co-Founder) is my main point of contact. Gary (CDO) acts as our project manager and is in charge of development. I also speak with Marcos (Project Manager) whenever I have any issues.

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

I spoke with many agencies in Europe and found Stormbreaker Studios on Fiverr, a contractor platform. Stormbreaker Studios made me feel very comfortable from the beginning, and their price and timing were good.

I’ve spent $37,000, which was an absolutely perfect price. They gave me amazing value.

The project started in October 2019 and is nearly completed. I just received the final version, but still need to test it.

The app is not yet released. However, from a relationship perspective, the way we worked together has been phenomenal. I’m 1000% happy with their work. The next time I need an app development company, Stormbreaker Studios will be my first call.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They always keep to the guidelines. Whenever they send me a new version that I’m 95% happy with, they were happy to make tweaks without additional charges.

I hadn’t worked with other agencies before, but I believe Stormbreaker Studios has done an outstanding job in communications. They’ve talked me through how everything goes. Every time I have a new idea or suggestions, they’re willing to solve it without issue. They really put the customer first.

Having a tool where I can see the developers’ progress would be helpful. Sometimes I wasn’t sure when a new feature would be implemented or when a change request would come through. maybe a project management tool so the client can see progress and where they are at current process.

Go with them. Stormbreaker Studios gave the best price and service, and I felt really comfortable with them. I recommended four projects to them.

Mobile App Development for Online Learning Company

"The fact that we keep using their services is a testament to their talent."

2016 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios was hired as the mobile development partner of a company that offers a virtual learning platform. The team works in both iOS and Android and has supported several projects.

Orlando, Florida
Jake Press
Co-Founder, Hello Mogo Inc.

Excellent listeners, the team approaches each project with a collaborative mindset that allows them to seamlessly execute internal stakeholders’ visions. Stormbreaker Studios offers highly knowledgeable developers who are professional, friendly, and communicative.

I’m the co-founder of Hello Mogo, Inc. We build custom learning web and mobile applications, offering our own SaaS product.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

We hired Stormbreaker Studios to support our mobile application development efforts.

Typically, we go to the Stormbreaker Studios team with an idea, and they help us strategize and refine it, breaking it down into small parts. We come up with wireframes and detail the goals of the application, all of which they assess before giving us an overall plan detailing the scope of the project. The team utilizes Native iOS and Android.

I mainly work with Charlyn (Co-Founder) and Gary (Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

I connected with Charlyn through LinkedIn. Her knowledge as a platform developer influenced our decision to partner with Stormbreaker Studios.

We began working together in 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

Stormbreaker Studios has been a great resource, from both an execution and energy perspective. The team is incredibly easy to work with, and they create fantastic products for us. Our clients and customers are happy, and so are we. The fact that we keep using their services is a testament to their talent.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve managed our projects very well. They keep up with schedules and timelines, and communication is easy.

Stormbreaker Studios listens really well. That element of the agency-developer collaboration is really important. Being able to hear goals, outline objectives, and understand what needs to be in the final product and how it will get there is essential to a project's success.

No, there’s nothing they could do better.

Come to the engagement prepared with a well-thought-out idea. It will help speed up the timeline and create a better collaboration.

Android & iOS Development for Meditation Company

"Stormbreaker Studios cares about their clients' success."

Mar. - Nov. 2018

Stormbreaker Studios completed the development of an Android and iOS mobile application. They consulted on the functionality and design of the application, including assisting with animations within the application.

Monty Cholmeley
Founder, Minding Life

The team at Stormbreaker Studios is highly-skilled in their field and dedicated to the projects that they take on. They prioritize well, allowing them to develop a streamlined product that is very functional.

I’m the founder of a company called Minding Life which offers different ways of learning to meditate.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

Initially, we had another developer working on a mobile application for us. However, she suddenly quit and left us with the half-finished code. We needed to find someone else that could pick up where she left off and finish the app for us.

Stormbreaker Studios worked with the half-completed code and developed a mobile application for iOS and Android. They also consulted with us on how to make the app functional by focusing on a few key features that would help us streamline the user experience.

I worked with one person, Charlyn (Co-Founder, Stormbreaker Studios).

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

I talked to several other vendors after my first developer quit. Most of them seemed like they just wanted the job, but Charlyn came with a clear vision. She made me feel confident in her abilities from the first time we talked.

Between $10,000-$15,000.

We started working together in March 2018 and launched the app in November 2018.

Charlyn’s work has benefited us financially and through user growth. The app is also easy to change and update because of the way she coded it.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re good at meeting deadlines and can implement changes quickly. Charlyn is able to take on a pretty heavy workload and manage it very well.

Even though I was a paying client, it felt like a partnership. Stormbreaker Studios cares about their clients’ success. The project became more than simply hiring a developer to do the coding.

Charlyn should give herself a bit of a break and not take too much work on.

Trust their experience. My only regret with the project is that I didn’t listen to Charlyn more.

Mobile App Dev for University Wildflower Project

"They are very skilled at working with us to translate our general goals and ideas into a final product."

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios is developing a mobile app from scratch for a university wildflower project. The product will be launched to iOS and Android and contain info, tools, and games promoting wildflower growth.

Orlando, Florida
Wildflower Specialist, University

The app is almost finished and has so far satisfied all project stakeholders with its aesthetics and features. The Stormbreaker Studios team is accommodating and collaborative, working together with the client to help bring their vision to life.

I work at a University on a project called Lawn to Wildflowers. We work with people around the country to help them convert turfgrass to pollinator-friendly wildflower habitat.

For what projects/services did your company hire Stormbreaker Studios?

To develop a mobile app for Lawn to Wildflowers.

To educate users about wildflowers and pollinators, to help them create wildflower habitat, and to collect scientific data on pollinators.

We heard about the from word of mouth and then chose to work with them because they were enthusiastic about the project and had much lower development cost that other companies we got quotes from.

The app allow users to learn methods for creating wildflower plots, has info about native wildflowers, has a interactive game about pollinator identification, and a tool for collecting pollinator data.

Gary and Charlyn and several other developers.

The app is nearly complete for Android and iOS but has not been posted on app stores yet. We are very pleased with the outcome so far and look forward to releasing it to the public.

The team at Stormbreaker was very accommodating with bringing our, initially, incomplete vision to life. Our idea for what we wanted with this app changes a great deal over time and they were very helpful in helping us work out our ideas and translate them to the app.

Some of development milestones took longer than expected, but it all came together in the end.

Mobile App Dev for Health-Related Data Tracking Platform

“They're sweet, caring, and grounded, and they’re real people who believe in transparency and honesty.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios developed the third version of a women’s health tracking app after two previous agencies underperformed. They moved everything to a new platform and built some new features from scratch.

California
Founder, Health & Wellness Platform

The work that Stormbreaker Studios delivers is high-quality, and their project manager is particularly strong. They take ownership of their deliverables, and they work diligently to resolve any issues that arise.

I own a wholistic menstrual and moon cycle tracking app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

I wanted to work with an honest and trustworthy app programmer. I had a lot of issues with programmers in the past. The first agency I worked with had a good developer, but they missed a key feature that set me back. The second programmer was a con artist. After all that, I finally found Stormbreaker.

They moved everything over to a new platform. I wanted to maintain some of the features from the previous versions, though they approached the project as if it were from scratch. A few things were missed or lost in translation, and we're still working on some of those issues now. The finished product is a mobile app for iOS and Android.

I work with one point person, though I've spoken with two other team members.

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

I looked for new programmers on an online forum I belong to, and was referred to them through a mutual connection. I was excited to work with a female developer who was honest, trustworthy, and affordable. I was excited by her energy, especially after my negative experience with my previous vendor.

I've spent about $10,000 on their work.

Our work together started around February 2019, and the project is ongoing.

Their work is high-quality. I'm very particular, so I took control of the visual elements, but everything they've done is very good.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

My main point of contact is phenomenal. When we faced issues, they stopped everything and redid some of their work for free. We went way over the timeline, but the effort and intention were always there.

They're sweet, caring, and grounded, and they’re real people who believe in transparency and honesty. They work hard.

Moving forward, I'd like to find a better communication platform. We communicate through email now, but that is something we can improve. I hope to work with them for a long time, and they're actively looking for a new team member to replace one that isn't working very well.

As with any app developer, make sure everything is clear and concise to avoid any discrepancies.

App Dev and Maintenance for Relaxation App

"To match our pace, their team fixes existing code and build new features very quickly and efficiently."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Stormbreaker Studios revamped the codebase for an iOS app and web app. They made new features including a gift card page and subscription integration. They also built an Apple Watch version from scratch.

Executive Assistant, App Company

The team delivers high-quality development and maintenance work promptly. Stormbreaker Studios further smooths the workflow with consistent communication, regular progress and timeline updates, and a knack for problem-solving. Their willingness to take on new projects stands out.

I’m an executive assistant for an app company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Stormbreaker Studios?

Another company built out our app for iOS devices, but the code needed cleaning and rewriting.

Stormbreaker Studios rewrote the code in our existing app to make it more robust and include the features we wanted. Those features include a gift card page, a page for company subscriptions, and an HR dashboard. They also built an Apple Watch app version from scratch, working with Apple and us to make that happen.

Stormbreaker Studios provides both creative development and code maintenance to our iOS app—built in Swift—and our web app—built in React and JavaScript. The API uses Python and Django, and our database is in Postgres.

I work mostly with Gary (Chief Development Officer, Stormbreaker Studios), our project manager, and Charlyn (Co-Founder, Stormbreaker Studios), who serves as our lead developer. They have a team behind the scenes, but I don’t have too much visibility into that.

How did you come to work with Stormbreaker Studios?

It was a word-of-mouth connection. A fellow app company owner had worked with them a lot and recommended their team to us.

We started working together in February 2019, and the project is ongoing.

We lack hard analytics on the app’s performance so far. However, we’re still really happy with Stormbreaker Studios’ work. We like to move fast and get a lot done in order to grow. To match our pace, their team fixes existing code and build new features very quickly and efficiently. That translates into happy customers, leading to more downloads, more subscriptions, and higher retention.

How did Stormbreaker Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

I love working with our project manager. He communicates progress, timelines, and other important information well. He also scopes out new tasks immediately.

Being able to turn around an Apple Watch app has been a great opportunity for us. Charlyn dove right into the project and figured out everything she had to do to create it pretty quickly. When we met with Apple, it was a successful meeting. We’re now in the process of finishing up our first version so that we can launch it.

The only way they can improve is if we had their team 100% dedicated to our business, but that’s not possible as an app startup. Stormbreaker Studios is really good with deadlines, communication, scoping tasks out, and making the time for us.

Pay for more hours if you want to turn around something quickly. It really comes down to how much time Stormbreaker Studios invests in your project. Also, be clear about what you want, so they know exactly how to design it and make it happen. They’re equipped to handle any project even if they haven’t done it before.