In a world of many websites SOS helps you stickout

StickOutSocial creates beautiful, responsive websites for business across all industries. What we present is quality, precision, and sites that encourage activation.

With everything done in-house,and 'buildout links' provided to our clients to watch their website being made throughout the process, we are as accessible & transparent as it gets.

"Innovation is what motivates us, dependability is what keeps us growing, honesty is what keeps us happy." -Hans Skillrud, President

Chicago, IL
headquaters
  • StickOutSocial
    141 W Jackson Blvd, #1520a
    Chicago, IL 60606
    312.655.9999

Gateway Newstands, Live Love Pop, KDM Engineering, Squareboss, American Amusement Machine Association, Skee-Ball, JXE

Web Design & Branding for Snacks Distributor

"The first website StickOutSocial built for me produces more than 10 times as many leads as my previous site."

2011 - Ongoing

StickOutSocial redesigned a website for the client as well as provided branding services and style guides, acting as the client's full-service digital agency.

Chicago Metro Area
President, Snacks Distributor

The client has seen a 10x increase in site traffic after StickOutSocial's redesign, due to both higher SEO and better UX. The client appreciates how transparent and honest StickOutSocial is, dedicated to the long-term success of their projects.

I'm the president and founder of a full-service distributor of snacks, beverages, and grocery items that services the Midwest. We also have a brand incubator that owns equity in multiple CPG [consumer packaged goods] brands. As the president, I oversee the strategy, growth, and overall success of both organizations. StickOutSocial is our go-to digital agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with StickOutSocial?

For years, I have struggled to work with a digital marketing and graphic design company that sticks to their deadlines and delivers good work. StickOutSocial is clearly client-oriented, which is something I haven’t experienced with other web developers and designers.

We were looking for a full-service agency to take on a complete brand design from the ground up. The challenge we faced here was finding one company that could do it all. We found that in StickOutSocial.

Although we have worked many times since, the original reason why I came to StickOutSocial was to have one of my company’s website redesigned. At the time, Hans (the president) was a one-person company. He took the time to identify my goals and functionality needs and set a delivery date and stuck with it. Since then, my website has seen a significant increase in leads (guessing 10 times more than the previous site) and therefore StickOutSocial earned my business for the future.

In regards to my other company, StickOutSocial was responsible for designing branding style guides and leading branding meetings with our executive team. Further, they designed all packaging and worked with our printing contractor to meet all standards of the industry. They also designed and developed our website for each product we launched (three in total). Website features and functionalities that were completed included a custom e-commerce portal for our manufacturers and distributors to log-in and manage their particular clients or order more product, extensive contact and branding submission forms, and graphic design work to bring all of our separate brands to live in distinct and creative ways.

How did you come to work with StickOutSocial?

I met with about 5 digital agencies in the Chicago area. We knew we wanted to work with a local agency. After meeting and interviewing these firms, I almost instantly knew I was going with StickOutSocial. They are boutique enough where they can give you the attention you need, but large enough to tackle any digital project. I was also getting the attention of their leadership, which I really value. It's been a great partnership ever since.

How much have you invested with StickOutSocial?

We have invested approximately $150,000.

We started working together about 5 years ago and our relationship is ongoing. I utilize them for maintenance and new projects/concepts.

The first website StickOutSocial built for me produces more than 10 times as many leads as my previous site. StickOutSocial shares data with me, showing that the site can be found more easily on search engines and that my website has become more usable by its visitors.

How did StickOutSocial perform in terms of project management?

This is one of StickOut's greatest strengths in my opinion. From my previous experience with other agencies, the developers are usually the ones providing the project management. StickOutSocial has team members that are solely committed to project management. They are the conduit between the customer and the developers, which is very helpful because they are often more effective when communicating to the developers.

What did you find most impressive about StickOutSocial?

StickOutSocial is transparent and honest. They provide BuildOut links on each of our websites allowing us to watch their process in motion and provide feedback. We appreciate their professionalism and commitment to seeing our projects not only to completion but continuing to provide an analytical assessment of how our website is fairing.

Are there any areas where StickOutSocial could improve?

When the company first started, Hans was the only person at the company. He was clearly very busy and I would have appreciated more updates during the development part of the website. That said, he did stick to his word and delivered me a great website on the delivery date. I actually provided this feedback to Hans after the first project, which he clearly took to heart because now he has dedicated project managers to help guide customers through the website development process.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with StickOutSocial?

Be communicative! Voice your opinions and let the team talk you through options and provide reasoning for different ideas. StickOutSocial collaborates well and is very knowledgeable in their field.

Overall Score Given we have come back to StickOutSocial with many other projects, it is safe to say that our overall experience with them has been greater than expected.
    During their discovery phase, we were provided with a strict timeline as to when they needed content and when phases will be complete. Our team was provided with multiple check-in dates that allowed us to evaluate the website’s progress & request changes.
    We see the greatest return on our investment with StickOutSocial than other design and development companies we’ve worked with.
    Their quality of work is wonderful. We receive many compliments on our websites.
    StickOutSocial is unlike any other website company we have worked with. It is appealing that they create everything in-house and actually work with us on creating the website rather than doing it entirely themselves, leaving us without a voice.