Take Your Business to New Heights

Since 2007, Stellaractive has developed cutting edge website solutions, passionately helping hundreds of entrepreneurs, business owners, and non-profits create rich, interactive websites that grow with their business and inspire success.

For anyone who has visited our offices in Portland, they know that we meet with our clients over an antique dining room table that sits in our conference room.

While we can’t say how many dinners this table has seen we can say that hundreds of businesses have been birthed and transformed around this table. Easily hundreds. It’s our passion to get to know each of our client’s businesses, so that the website we create is the foundation of a company’s marketing success.

We build long lasting relationships with our clients, and as our clients find success our company continues to grow and succeed as well. One of the key tenets to building solid client relationships is to be a resource to our clients for all things regarding digital marketing (on top of our high end design work and cutting edge tech).

We don’t do everything related to marketing, but we know where to refer you if there’s a need we can’t fill. Another tenet is to give exemplary customer service. We shine at customer service, solving our clients’ issues with patience and respect.

Working with us is not just a 6 to 20 week process and then we’re out of the picture. Our web strategists are resources for our clients long past launch day and with decades of combined experience our team has answers and suggestions for the myriad web related issues that come to light as our clients’ businesses expand and grow.

2007

• Millburn Library NJ
  • University of Western States
  • Aufgang Architects

Web Design for Software Publisher

"They [Stellaractive] performed very well. Their attitude is definitely an attractive quality: It's 'can do.'"

Stellaractive assisted the client in upgrading their website by providing web design and development services with the goal of creating a better user experience and increasing sales.

Portland, Oregon
Kelly Mackin
Founder, TRANXITION

Stellaractive’s contributions resulted in a vastly improved website that received far more page views than the previous iteration. The site also has a lower bounce rate. The client praises the agency’s flexibility and highly recommends them to others

Please give a brief description of your company.

Our company is a small software publisher in the enterprise software market based out of Portland, Ore.

What is your role at the company?

I am the chief operating officer and one of the founders.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Stellaractive?

We needed to upgrade our Web experience vastly by redesigning our website to make it more attractive. We wanted to create a better user experience, which would also increase our sales.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

They provided us with services to rewrite the website totally. These services included Web design and Web development.

What was your process for selecting Stellaractive with which to work?

We interviewed three website partners. We followed up and asked for bids. Then, we dug in and got to a deeper level of detail and we selected Stellaractive as our partner. We then we negotiated the arrangement.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The total was around $5,000 and about 50 hours of work.

When was the project completed?

The project was completed June of 2013

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

As a result of their work, we doubled the page views, and increased our number of visitors while also reducing the bounce rate on our product pages.

How did Stellaractive perform?

They performed very well. They were fairly flexible in response to changes to the plan as we worked through the development. They also took care of modest changes after the site went live cheerfully.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies with which you may have worked?

Their attitude is definitely an attractive quality: It's "can do." They practice their craft with integrity. They were not afraid to tell me when I was wrong about something. I like that part about them.

Additionally they are very fun to work with. That makes a big difference in a significant development project like a website.

Very competitive pricing.

Web Design for Hunting Competition

"They’re user friendly, you can get in touch with them [Stellaractive] at any time, you can talk about your concerns, and they will try to work it out for you."

2012 - Ongoing

The client hired Stellaractive to build an intricate user-friendly interactive website with a variety of pages and sub-pages.

Sherwood, Oregon
Dave Sieda
Managing Partner, North American Hunting Competition, LLC

Stellaractive’s work isn’t finished but has received very positive feedback thus far. The client appreciates the agency’s customer service and personal touch. There have been no complaints and Stellaractive is highly recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

Our company puts on big game hunting competitions in 48 states. We put on a photo competition and a video competition, which is a worldwide competition. We’re not a big company. We started several years ago, and we’re in the process of trying to let people know we exist and moving forward.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the managing partner.

What was your goal for working with Stellaractive?

I was looking for an interactive website. I had an idea in mind that no one had ever done. I came to Stellaractive with an idea in mind and asked if they could bring it to life. They worked with me really hard, and we got it going and that’s where we are now. I brought them a problem that had never been done before, and they were able to master it and help me with it.

They had to do a really intricate user-friendly website where people would get on and have multiple choices of competitions and where to go. There was a lot of layers to the website, many different pages and working parts. We designed it together and set it up, and they gave me lots of great advice on do’s and don’ts. I took most of it, and what I didn’t take, I probably should have.

What was your process for selecting Stellaractive with which to work?

I was running a computer-based business, and if my computer went down I was out of it. There was a guy that came in and serviced all of our computers and kept us up to date, and he gave their name as a reference. I really respected him because he was really adept in the field, and I gave them a call and visited with one of their representatives. We met and discussed what I wanted to do, and then the process began. After the meeting we started to design my website and work on the requirements.

I’m an outdoorsman, and none of them were hunters, so it was like speaking a foreign language to them when I talked about what I wanted. They were able to do what they do best, and understand. So, for them it was something totally new, too. They’d never dealt with it, and they really worked well with me to try to understand the concepts and the idiosyncrasies of what I was doing.

Between $10,000 and $50,000.

What were the results of the project?

We started working together two and a half to three years ago. It’s actually still a work in progress. I’m meeting with one of their associates on Wednesday because the relationship is ongoing. In my business, I’m constantly changing. They’ve been really helpful in working with me to help me try to stay on top of my problems and get to the next level.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The concept has been coming back with strong results. It’s been nothing but positive from the feedback. I would say 95 percent to 98 percent of our feedback has been really strong, and it is because of the website that they designed.

I’ve always felt like I’m not just a number. It’s a smaller office so I can go in and they’ll work my problems. I can go in, and they will personally sit down with me and work out the issues. They’re user friendly, you can get in touch with them at any time, you can talk about your concerns, and they will try to work it out for you. They are extremely responsive and it’s evident that they really care.

I’m not going to give them any negative marks. I think that we were such a new concept that the errors made were just because it was a new thing. During the basic building of the website, they were flawless.

Web Design for Walbeck Baseball Academy

"It’s been nothing but positive, I really have no issues with Stellaractive."

Feb. 2012 - Ongoing

As the client redesigned their informational website, Stelleractive provided the design, logo, and functionalities such as an online scheduler and payment methods.

Sacramento, California
Matt Walbeck
President, Walbeck Baseball Academy

Stellaractive’s contributions resulted in an excellent website that receives entirely positive feedback from its users. The client has enjoyed their partnership with the agency and appreciates the relationship they’ve fostered together.

Please describe your company.

The name of my company is Walbeck Baseball Academy. We’re located in Sacramento, Calif., and we instruct players ages 7 and up. We have teams for ages 13, 14, 16, and 18.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the president and the director of instruction.

What was your goal for working with Stellaractive?

We were looking for a website to explain what our company is about, and to place a scheduler in the website. Online scheduling and payment methods for people to purchase lessons and memberships. We wanted an overall tool to help us with our business.

They provided the design, and they helped develop our logo. We went through a process to figure out what I wanted to demonstrate to the people who are looking at our website. They also had a writer help us with the copy and content. They interviewed me and my instructors, and put that content in the site as well. They’re always available during business hours to answer any questions I have. If I needed something added to the site, they’re always there to follow through.

What was your process for selecting Stellaractive with which to work?

A friend of mine was helping me with this process, and he did some research. They had a mutual client, so he referred them to me. We had phone conversations, and a few conference calls. We went through an interview process and selected them.

Around $5,000 for initial setup. There’s a monthly fee of around $60.

When did you start working with them, and is the relationship ongoing?

We started with them in February of 2012, and are still with them. It’s great.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

It’s been very positive. I have customers telling me all the time how great it is. People that know websites will generally say I have a good website. It’s been nothing but positive, I really have no issues with Stellaractive.

I feel like I have a personal relationship with them. They know who I am, and I don’t feel bad about contacting them with questions. The service is really good.

I suppose periodically checking in and letting me know if there are updates available. That would be the only thing, but for the most part it runs itself. There really haven’t been any other issues.

Web Development for Financial Firm

"They [Stellaractive] surpassed my expectations, and it was just as rewarding the second time as it was the first."

2011 - Ongoing

The client partnered with Stellaractive for their website redesign. The agency provided content, photos, design, layout, and various other aspects of the new site.

Penny King
Partner, Financial Firm

Stellaractive performed well for the client and is still engaged for support and maintenance. There were no complaints with the agency’s work. The client praises Stellaractive for their excellent communication and highly recommends the agency to others.

Please describe your company.

We are a financial and estate planning firm. We’re located in the suburbs of Phoenix.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am a partner and part owner.

What was your goal for working with Stellaractive?

We’ve used Stellaractive two times. They also did work for us for our 501(c) (3) private family foundation. So we’ve had two experiences with them.

We wanted a new website, and we wanted something that would portray who we were and our services. Stellaractive was recommended to us almost three years ago. From the very first moment that we had any contact with them, they always heard what we asked, they heard our concerns. They were very astute in putting our thoughts into a very tangible product. They were just great to work with. We didn’t have do overs, we didn’t have to tell them they weren’t getting it. We were able to communicate very well with them because the people that were assigned to our project had the experience, and they were concerned about getting us what we wanted.

Basically, other than content, they came up with photos, design, pretty much everything that would put it the website together. They gave us numerous options as to color, layout of the design. We had a site designed by another firm about eight years ago, and it was just night and day. So, for the last two that they’ve done for us, I wouldn’t honestly want to use anybody else. It was a very pleasant, thorough, and prompt procedure. It was a great project. They made the project move right along, and we are just totally pleased with both of them.

What was your process for selecting Stellaractive with which to work?

We chose them on the recommendation of the other firm. I don’t believe that firm had used them themselves. I think they were just another vendor who knew that Stellaractive could do the work. The first project worked very well, so when we were ready to do the second project there wasn’t any question that we wouldn’t just go back.

Somewhere between $5,000 and $8,000. It was worth every bit of it. You get what you pay for. Their service is stellar. Their name is very indicative of the quality of their work.

When did the projects begin, and is the relationship ongoing for support or maintenance?

We started with them three or four years ago. We just finished this last project about six or seven weeks ago. We do still use them for support and maintenance. I can call them with any questions I have.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

My experience has been if something’s great, you don’t always hear about it, but when something’s not, you really hear it. We haven’t had anybody on either site complain or say we should have done it differently. So, that’s probably my only gauge.

They are really excellent at communication, and they listen. Because they do listen so well, they help you really get what you’re after. They surpassed my expectations, and it was just as rewarding the second time as it was the first.

Web Development for NEHDS Logistics

"Stellaractive was tremendous at working with us to develop and implement our website. Looking back on the project, we teamed up with the right company to satisfy our needs."

Stellaractive partnered with the client for the purpose of creating a workable and productive website that would increase exposure and result in more business.

New York Metro Area
Vin Becker
Owner, NEHDS

Stellaractive’s contributions resulted in an excellent site that receives positive feedback. The client is very pleased with their decision to team up with the agency and praises Stellaractive for their development skills and collaborative nature.

Please give a brief description of your company.

Our company, NEHDS Logistics, delivers product to customers either from one of our five warehouses or "bump the dock" at customers warehouse. We are also in the storage and warehouse fulfillment business along with the moving business.

What is your role at the company?

I am an owner and am now retired, but I still work on special projects. I was in charge of putting the website together along with Stellaractive. Prior to retirement, I was VP of Operations.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Stellaractive ?

The business challenge was to develop a website that would market the strengths and abilities of our company and give us the opportunity to obtain information for quoting.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

The goal of our company was to give us as much exposure on the Web, so we could receive more business.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

The scope of project was to create a workable and productive website.

What was your process for selecting Stellaractive with which to work?

We were introduced to Stellaractive through an outside IT [information technology] company we use to maintain our network and all of our hardware.

Can you give us a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The cost of this project was approximately $3,000.

When was the project completed?

The project was completed in January of 2013.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

As a result of the project, we were able to obtain more quotes than before the website was built. We also received a lot of great comments about how well our website projects our company.

How did Stellaractive perform?

They quickly learned what we were trying to accomplish and worked with us every step of the way. They followed up even after we went live and continue to work with us to make changes as we need them. As of today, I have made several changes and they do not charge us for those changes. Also, they have given me the ability to make changes anytime I wish to the content of the site.