We live and breathe web technology

StatenWeb is a Staten Island-based web design agency that specializes in web development, search engine optimization, local SEO, and brand management.

Staten Island, NY
  • 296 Burbank Avenue
    Staten Island, NY 10306

Web Design for Humanitarian Organization

"The results have been tremendous. ... StatenWeb has been fantastic."

Based on the agency’s impressive portfolio, the client partnered with StatenWeb for the purpose of designing and building a multi-functional platform.

1,001-5,000 employees
VP, Humanitarian Organization

StatenWeb succeeded as a partner by contributing to an effective platform that raised a significant sum of money. The client praises the agency for their responsiveness, availability, reliability, and enthusiasm for their work.

Please give a brief description of your company.

Our mission is to support the lifesaving efforts of a nonprofit organization. They are the largest independent, nonprofit, fully volunteer emergency medical services organization that provides fast and free emergency medical first response. Their service is available to all people regardless of race, religion, or national origin.

There are more than 2,300 volunteers around the country, available around the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With the help of our unique GPS technology and our ambucycles, medically equipped motorcycles, our average response time is 3 1/2 minutes.

Our mission is to arrive at the scene of medical emergencies as soon as possible and provide the patient with appropriate medical help until the ambulance arrives.

What is your role at the company?

I am the vice president, overseeing the U.S. office.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached StatenWeb ?

The challenge was to create a first of its kind platform to leverage an athlete's performance, each game, by getting people to donate to the charity based on a performance goal. Such a platform did not exist from my research.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

The goal was to design and build a functional platform that could meet the needs of having thousands of people pledging to donate for every point that the athlete scores.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

The scope was limited to designing and building the website platform, but doing it in a way that was multi-functional.

What was your process for selecting  StatenWeb with which to work?

I had seen StatenWeb's work before and knew them to mix functionality with design successfully.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

Dollar size was approximately $30,000 to $40,000 and personnel work hours approximately 75 to 100.

When was the project completed?

The project was completed in late August of 2014.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

The results have been tremendous. The platform now has more than 500 people signed on, and we have raised more than $100,000 thanks to individuals donating toward the campaign.

How did StatenWeb perform?

StatenWeb has been fantastic, guiding us through multiple iterations of the functionality and being very available for any technical fixes required or functionality enhancements.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies with which you may have worked?

More than anything it was the ease of the whole process, StatenWeb was available regularly, very reliable, pleasant to work with, and enthusiastic about the project being a success.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

At this point, I cannot think of anything I would have asked them to improve or do differently.

Web Project for Social Outing Event

“We’re very happy with the services that they provided.”

StatenWeb developed a website for a golf outing which featured information about the event and allowed users to sign up. The team performed the design, creation of visual assets, and WordPress implementation.

New York City Metro Area
Sr. Associate, Law Firm

The developed website was very successful and allowed the business to raise over $100,000 in charity. Over 90% of the individuals contacted via email blast visited the portal and accessed the information within. Furthermore, the team coded the backend so that the content can be easily modified.

Please describe your organization, and your role and responsibilities.

I am a senior associate at a boutique corporate and securities firm headquartered in New Jersey, with an outpost in New York. We do mostly corporate and securities transactions with secured lending as part of our practice.

What was your goal for working with StatenWeb?

The website that was created for us was not the website for the law firm. It was the website that we had created specifically for a golf outing event that we had done that the firm commissioned. Now, we sponsor the event.

Our goal was to get people to sign up through the website. It was also a marketing piece because we asked some of our top clients to sponsor the event. In order to do that, we had to promise them some visibility and advertising for other clients and other purposes. Although it was a charity event, it was also a marketing and networking event for some of our clients, especially the ones that donated $10,000 to $20,000.

We created an invitation for everybody to visit the website. We did everything through the website, and if anybody was interested in either becoming a sponsor, a donor, or anything else, they used the contact tab. All user information came directly to me, and I followed up with a phone call. That was the purpose of the website, and it performed beautifully.

StatenWeb did everything, including Web design and development work. Of course, we spoke to them and told them what we wanted. I provided some of the content in terms of what we were writing in the contest that we were holding, and other aspects of the event.

They did everything from the user interface to the back-end, which was exceptionally helpful. They uploaded all the sponsor information and created everything, from top to bottom, minus the text that I updated. We used a WordPress site.

What was your process for selecting StatenWeb with which to work?

I've known the proprietor for a while through friends. We checked their references and looked at some other sites that they did. We met with StatenWeb several times, and that was all we needed to hire them. We vetted them to make sure they knew what they were doing. We've received some very good reviews from the website.

I was able to help them, because some of our clients asked us who developed the site. We've made some referrals, and I believe they’re working with some of our clients.

When was the work completed?

This site is finished. I don’t have anything for them to work on currently. I will probably go back to them to help me update the existing site, which I kept up and running. Once we approach the 2015 outing, we will use them again to help us update it with some other features that we want on there, considering last year’s success.

We tweaked the back-end of the site a lot because of the different features that we wanted. We made those updates on a daily basis for about a week to adjust minor features once it was completely done. The project took about two to three weeks for the coding part to conclude, which was my primary concern.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The event was extraordinarily successful. The site ran perfectly. We have no complaints. It was our first time doing a Web project. We did it for Save the Child charity, and the website helped us raise more than $100,000.

We didn’t use any metrics because we got a great response. We probably sent this out to a couple of hundred people on an email blast. Many of the people visited the site, which we know from feedback from our clients. Many people used the contact tab. We know that they were on the site. I would say that 90 percent of the people that we sent it to were on the site, and then used it to contact us. These were clients and people that we knew, so it wasn’t a cold-calling effort.

We’re very happy with the services that they provided, and I know that we’re going to be using them for the next outing. They got traffic to the site and helped the event be successful.

Is there anything unique about StatenWeb that really makes them stand out, compared to other companies?

I haven’t interacted with too many companies that provide similar services. I know that the other firm we used for the firm’s main website was not very good. That vendor was hired through a friend of a partner’s. They did not build us a content management system that we could edit ourselves, it was very difficult to update text, and they charged us for all of the minor tweaks unlike StatenWeb. That was one of the bigger selling points, StatenWeb didn’t send us an invoice every time we asked them to update something on the website. They worked with us and helped us out so we could get to the point where we were satisfied with the product, and we didn’t get an invoice at the end for all those minor tweaks.

So far, everything has been good. The project wasn’t that complicated, but I don’t know how these projects are completed normally. We were very satisfied. Two of my clients are also using them. The charity used them as well for another event.

Overall Score Our experience working with StatenWeb was very good. They were very good and very professional.
    That was a major concern of ours. They hit every deadline.
    I have already recommended them. They are already working with two of my clients.