SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT - WEB AGENCY - PHILIPPINES

Startechup Inc. is a Web and Software Development Agency based in Cebu City, Philippines. Startechup specializes in providing IT, Web, and Mobile solutions for some of the most exciting startups and progressive enterprises globally. Startechup Inc. was incorporated in November 2013 for building up a team of talented IT engineers and designers to create the first online application connecting people and NGOs (

www.globedrop.org)

Cebu City, Philippines
  • Cebu City 6000
    Philippines

Mobile App Development for Medical Conferences Organization

"They understood our audience and did the necessary research."

Sept. 2014 - Jan. 2015

Startechup developed a mobile application for Android and iOS. The app's functions included the display of event programs and lectures, and facilitate feedback at the conferences the company is organizing.

Nice, France
Alix de La Porte
Senior Project Manager, All is Event

The mobile app garnered positive feedback, and it proved to be useful with 250 comments received regarding a hosted conference. Startechup delivered the app within the timeframe and also helped in the marketing of the app. The team displayed flexibility and proactiveness throughout the project phase.

Please give a brief description of your company.

We are an event agency. We organize medical conferences, and seminaries and specialize in medical congress. Our company is located in Nice, South of France.

What is your role at the company?

I'm a senior project manager and in charge of communication projects.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Startechup?

We needed to create a mobile app for the medical conferences we organize. We proposed to our clients that they invest some capital in this new project in order to give a new image, and modernize the medical congress.

The mobile app needed to display event programs, display lectures and who is lecturing, evaluate the lecturers, and ability to send comments to the organization about one lecturer or one session. This was intended for Android and iPhone.

The services provided were mobile app development. The project was hard because of the deadline we set. We wanted it done in a four-to-five month timeline.

How did you come to work with Startechup?

We heard about them from referrals, and they were cheaper than the other companies we spoke with.

When was the project completed?

We started the work in September of 2014. It was completed beginning of January 2015 – just on time.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

We had really good feedback on the mobile app. We also received 250 comments regarding the conference we held and it was very useful. We can now, improve this app, by adding new features for the next event.

How did Startechup perform?

Good. They did the job we asked for, and on time. Startechup also proposed some ways to promote the app, which really helped with the marketing.

What distinguishes Startechup from other providers?

They were flexible, which helps a lot in this kind of project, and which is quite rare in this kind of industry. They understood our audience and did the necessary research.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

We should have worked a little more together on the first phase – preparing the exact content.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

You can be confident with them. They work hard to achieve the goals intended. I would clearly recommend them, as Web agency and developer.

Web Design for Pharmaceutical Company

"They took the time to discuss my project and to understand better what the best solutions were."

Jan. 2014 - Ongoing

Startechup provided redesign and redevelopment of the previously built website from another agency. They also improved the company's SEO ranking on the Internet.

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Zalmai Hakimi
Partner, Pharmexpert

The redesigned website produced good results, which wouldn't have been possible without Startechup and their web design expertise. They brought a lot of innovation and creativity to their work.

Please describe your company.

We are an online cosmetic shop, and we sell all major brands. The idea is that we provide more competitive prices compared to retail pharmacies or other cosmetic shops in France. We provide very quick delivery and free delivery for any customer 59 years old and older.

What is your role in the company?

I am an owner, along with my father and another partner.

What was your goal in working with Startechup?

We first developed our website with one agency, and we needed to make some improvements on the site. We wanted to make some improvements on SEO [search engine optimization] as well. That's why we hired Startechup.

The scope of their work was mainly website design, website development, and some improvements related to SEO.

What was your process in selecting Startechup?

I heard about them from somebody who worked in software development. I had a mixed experience with our previous agency, so I contacted Startechup. They were very approachable, and they listened to our needs.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

We've spent about €5,000 [around $5,500] working with Startechup.

When was the project completed?

We started in January 2014 or a bit before – I don't remember exactly. We're still working with them.

What were the results of the project?

I think the results were very good. They did what we needed them to do. We would set up a teleconference as needed. We would explain things, and they would be shown to us before being implemented. I used to work with a company in India, and there was no creativity. With Startechup, we get the kind of innovative solutions and creativity that I didn't find with my previous Web design company.

What differentiates Startechup from other vendors?

I think it is their excellence in Web design. For me, I wanted an e-commerce platform, and that's what they did very well.

To be honest, they have done significantly better than our previous service provider, so there is nothing that I was disappointed in.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

I think good advice would be to take the time and discuss the project upfront. That was most useful for me. They took the time to discuss my project and to understand better what the best solutions were. I hadn't experienced this with my previous service provider. This is something that makes a difference. If you plan, discuss, and agree on what you need and what solutions are best for you, you'll get good value from them. They don't just take the order, run off, and execute it. They will think with you, so take every opportunity to do that with them.

They're very competitive.