Simplicity through beautiful technologies

Starq was founded by senior tech leads that understand what it takes to create modern digital solutions.

What gets us going is our passion for cutting edge technologies and incredible user experiences. Our developers deliver custom end-to-end software solutions daily and can even help you with initial analysis, architecture design, testing and deployments.

We provide the following services:

UX Design

Our approach is simple: focus on how users might use the product in the best ways possible. We offer UX and UI design services for all screens and devices. The solutions are usually shaped through iterative processes of research, prototyping and testing.

Full-Stack Development

We love modern web development. Our talented developers work with both client-side and server-side technologies are always up to speed with cutting edge trends. We deliver high-quality, maintainable code on time and know how to balance between cost, time and quality.

Mobile App Development

We have what it takes to develop competitive iOS and Android applications using both native languages and hybrid solutions. Solutions for iOS are built with Swift & Objective-C and Android solutions are built with Java & Kotlin. We love using technologies like React Native to build cross-platform native apps.

Malmö, Sweden
  • Ferhadija 16
    Sarajevo 71 000
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Co-Lounge, Ricoh, Kinnarps, Coor, IMCG, Hyrma, Eontyre.

Web Dev & Design for Business Solutions Services Company

"Starq always finds talented programmers, so I have confidence in assigning tasks to them."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Starq has provided a supplementary programmer to assist with ASP.NET MVC and CoffeeScript. Additionally, they've developed designs for branding materials and provided a framework for future implementation.

Malmo, Sweden
Gaello Business Solutions AB

Starq’s programmer has enabled company expansion and increased customer outreach. Their constant communication has resulted in efficient and effective project management, which is especially impressive considering their distance.

I’m the creator and founder of Gaello Business Solutions AB, a one-man IT company focused on programming web services—mainly booking systems and machine rental software to help with administration and warehousing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Starq?

Initially, I approached them because I needed to expand my programming department to reach more customers and increase work. The project has since expanded to include content development.

I work with a common stack that includes MySQL, Microsoft, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Starq provided me with supplementary assistance for ASP.NET MVC and CoffeeScript because of how integrated it is.

As we expanded their responsibilities to include content development, the designer has helped me with branding. They produced a sketch of how the logo and different customer materials should look in regards to spacing and colors. Then, they delivered a framework for how to implement the designs down the road.

I work directly with either a programmer or a designer.

How did you come to work with Starq​​​​​​​?

My business partner recommended that I work with them based on a previous project.

We’re charged on a monthly basis determined by the programmer’s hours. Usually, we spend €4,000–€5,000 (approximately $4,600–$5,800 USD).

We began working together in February 2018, and the work is ongoing.

The main benefit for me has been having a supplementary programmer, which gives me more time to pursue either additional work or grow different sides of the business. Starq always finds talented programmers, so I have confidence in assigning tasks to them.

How did Starq perform from a project management standpoint?

I set up the project management infrastructure. We mainly us Slack, and I communicate with the programmer on a daily—almost constant—basis.

I had expected communication and collaboration to be more difficult, especially considering the distance between us, but it's been seamless. There are excellent management processes for both the project and Starq’s team.

I went into the project with an open mind, and they've met all of my expectations. I can’t point to anything that they could drastically improve.

The scheduling wasn’t perfect, so there is a bit of room for improvement, but I was happy with it overall.
    They’ve met all of my expectations.

Various Developments for Global Electronics Company

“Their approach focuses on achieving value.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Starq provides development for numerous projects, including a platform that facilitates interactions between internal staff and third-party clients. The platform aggregates customer information and assets.

Stockholm, Sweden
Director CS, Ricoh Sweden

Determined to deliver value-generating products, Starq applies the right skills and profiles, communicates effectively, and sticks to timelines. Their efforts continue to ensure high customer satisfaction.

I’m a director at Ricoh Sweden and also manage product development. We provide communications products such as interactive whiteboards and videoconferencing as well as software solutions that improve collaboration and efficiency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Starq?

When we sell a solution to a customer, a lot of information goes back and forth between the customer’s IT department and our engineers and configuration department. This is necessary to dispatch and monitor the product. We wanted to develop a platform to ensure a successful, efficient delivery of our services to clients.

We have several ongoing projects with Starq, including the development of our platform, which we call “work start innovation as a service.” The platform integrates all of the customers' assets and information.

In the next development phase, we want to use the same platform to communicate with the customers about what they're doing to improve their processes, how often they use our equipment, and if there are improvements we can make to help them. We plan to integrate machine learning and other new technologies into the platform to help customers improve their work methodologies.

We work with three developers and a technical lead.

How did you come to work with Starq?

They were recommended by partners who had worked with them before.

We’ve spent about €300,000 ($345,000 USD).

We started working together in February 2017, and the engagement is ongoing.

We’re really satisfied with their work. Their staff is highly competent, and they're able to fill the positions we need. We've tried different outsourcing companies in various countries, but Starq stands out. What we really enjoy is working with a company that focuses not on charging as many hours as possible but on delivering value.

How did Starq perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Asana, which gives us a good overview of the tasks they’re working on and lets us track status. We work with the technical lead but don’t have a dedicated project manager, which keeps the cost down. Communication has been strong, and they’ve followed the timeline we set for the project so far.

Their approach focuses on achieving value. They’ve saved us time by integrating a range of different existing tools to develop our solutions rather than building from scratch to charge more hours.

They’re by far the best we’ve used, but there’s always room for improvement.
    I've already done that for a number of companies we work with that have software development projects.

Web Development for Tyre Solution Company

“They’re very helpful, quickly resolving any issues that come up.”

April. 2018 - Ongoing

Starq is migrating an automotive webshop using React, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, and PHP technology. They’re making updates to enhance the module, setting up a more efficient display and order process.

Oslo, Norway
CTO, Eonbit

Nearing the end of the migration initiative, Starq continues to autonomously deliver high-quality, reliable, and detailed work at a fast pace. The team communicates responsively, promptly addressing any problems, comments, or questions. Their expansive knowledge makes them a valuable partner.

I’m the chief technology officer (CTO) of Eonbit. We offer a web-based application service for garages who are selling tires and rims.

What challenge were you trying to address with Starq?

We needed help with web development.

We provide a webshop for our participating garages, which is offered as an add-on module that lets vendors sell directly to customers. The platform’s main functionality is displaying products and sending orders.

The web shop was originally coded with NodeJS. Starq is helping us migrate the entire platform, making additional improvements along the way. For this initiative, the team is working with React, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, and PHP technologies.

We started with one developer but recently took on another one to work on the backend.

How did you come to work with Starq?

Earlier in my career, I started talking to one of Starq’s founders while he was doing some development work for one of our customers. He seemed like a clever guy, so we decided to work with his company.

So far, we’ve spent €20,000–€30,000 (about $23,000–$34,000 USD).

We started working together in April 2018, and the partnership is ongoing.

They are very professional and detailed in their work, allowing for a very smooth process. The developer listens to my requests, then autonomously produces quality work that I can confidently put into production without feeling obligated to review it.

Starq is very knowledgeable in coding languages and the platform we use, which helps them work at a fast pace. They’ve almost completed the migration, and I’m very happy with the results.

How did Starq perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very helpful, quickly resolving any issues that come up. We communicate efficiently. Their team uses their own project management tools, but they joined out internal chat channels.

I’m happy with the developer that’s been assigned to my project. She has the mindset of a hacker, thinking comprehensively about how to best use technologies. I only have to describe my idea; she takes care of the rest only asking questions when necessary.

They’re a little pricey, but it’s worth the quality of their work and the value of their partnership. In terms of their process, nothing needs to be improved.