A tech creative partner that delivers.

We are a custom software company that entitle disruptors, startups, and Fortune 500s to realize their vision through mobile app development, design, and strategic solutions.

Squareball Studios
4101 McEwen Rd #645
Dallas, TX 75244
Squareball Studios
Colombia

Disruptors, Startups and Fortune 500 companies

iOS App Dev for Home Modeling and Design Company

“They transformed my vision into a practical tool that surpassed my original concept.”

Jan. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Squareball Studios developed an iOS app with image storage and tagging capabilities. They plan to release an Android-compatible app in the future.

Midland, Texas
Kristina Leigh Wiggins
CEO, Simply Kristina Leigh

Although there hasn’t been any widespread promotion, users are organically discovering the app and using it to manage their home-building projects. Squareball transformed the unique concept into a beautifully designed resource. Despite a few delays, they were always responsive and willing to help.

I’m the owner of Simply Kristina Leigh, an architectural design firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Squareball Studios?

Disorganization was a burden to my communication efforts. Clients would waste billable hours scrolling through their phones to find pictures of design styles that they wanted to mimic. Meanwhile, our builders would misplace crucial documents and delay the construction process. Developing an app was the best solution to keep everyone on track.

I sent Squareball digital sketches of design concepts I wanted to implement on the app, and they transformed my vision into a practical tool that surpassed my original idea. They developed the app for iOS, and plan to build an Android app if results are positive.

We’re able to manage remodeling projects and new construction jobs within the app. Every room and building fixture has its own tab and users can upload design styles and link the images to the desired items. Users can also generate spec sheets instantly and share them with our builders via email or cloud-sharing platforms.

Their owners assumed the role of project managers, but we also had direct access to the developers that were working on the app.

How did you come to work with Squareball Studios?

I was looking for a local company that does good work, and Squareball fit my criteria.

We spent between $70,000--$80,000 developing the app, and maintenance and hosting fees are $12,000--$13,000 each month. Altogether, we’ve paid between $85,000--$100,000.

They started building the app in January 2016, and we launched the app in January 2017.

We haven’t done any SEO or advertising campaigns to promote the app yet, so there hasn’t been a large volume of people purchasing the app for their construction projects. However, I have been actively using the app for months, and I don’t know how I survived so long without it. There are a few standard bugs, such as cameras not responding, but they’re always able to resolve issues after I submit a problem ticket.

How did Squareball Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They were available to meet in-person if necessary, but they mainly used digital platforms to correspond with us. During development, we were able to test the app in a limited environment and submit work tickets if we had questions or concerns. There were a few delays when they got overwhelmed with work, but they always sent follow-up emails to confirm that they received our requests.

I have a limited understanding of technical information, but they were excellent at simplifying complex information to accommodate me. Squareball is very prompt when responding to us and they go above and beyond to satisfy our demands.

It would have been nice for the project to move along faster, but I’ve never worked with an app developer to know if my scheduling expectations are realistic.

We went to them with specific functionalities that we wanted to see in the app, which prevented back-and-forth because they knew what we needed. Go in with clear expectations and they will develop accordingly.

Custom Web App Development for Makeup Company

"Their team was brilliant at converting our ideas into a functional website."

Feb. 2017 - Apr. 2018

After a thorough discovery phase, Squareball developed a website including its customer portal, backend database, frontend, UX/UI, and reservation system. They also connected the site to social media.

Rebekah Miller
Founder, MYX Blend Bar

The database Squareball developed is easy to use, user-friendly, and eases customer order processing. Communicating clearly, Squareball met all deadlines and created efficient solutions. Their expertise and personable approach contributed to a smooth engagement.

We are MYX Blend Bar, a custom lipstick and lip gloss provider. We also provide shade replication of lipstick shades.

What challenge were you trying to address with Squareball Studios?

I needed a custom website with a database to archive our client’s custom lipstick designs.

Their president and VP first met with us to develop our ideas. They interviewed us for the requirements and features we needed and created a plan for the site.

Using that plan, Squareball developed a client portal which allows clients to create accounts to blend and save their custom colors. They integrated a custom backend database into our point of sale (POS) system to enable archiving of clients' custom color blends. They also created the website’s frontend, including all its UX/UI.

Then, their team developed a reservation system which allows our clients to pick our service packages, pick a mixologist, and a date for their appointment. Finally, they connected our site to our Instagram account and created a blog which drives traffic back to our site.

We worked primarily with the president and VP of Squareball.

How did you come to work with Squareball Studios?

We were recommended to them by a friend.

We engaged with them February 2017 through April 2018.

Our employees really appreciate the database. It’s user-friendly and easy to service our clients. Squareball configured it to a tee and it’s almost impossible to make an error on an order.

We have not launched the reservation system or the client portal yet, but expect both features to further optimize our services once they are released.

How did Squareball Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Squareball conducted regular meetings through Skype. They responded to emails and phone calls extremely quickly. Their team was very knowledgeable and delivered various beta versions throughout the project. They made sure we understood why certain parts needed to be more user-friendly. Working efficiently, they made sure to solve issues as quickly as possible. They were very upfront with timeframes and always met our deadlines.

The first website I created was very shallow and didn’t have any advanced features. In comparison, the website Squareball developed is amazing. Working very hard, they always communicated to tailor solutions to our needs. Their team was brilliant at converting our ideas into a functional website, and they were very personable.

No, I’ve been really pleased.

If you’re not sure of your idea, take it to Squareball Studios and let them create it for you. They're really a creative team and have a lot of great ideas. Squareball will be invested in your project and always deliver within the timeframe that you need.

Overall Score I was very pleased and look forward to working with them again.
    They were flexible and always met the deadline.
    I felt like the price was right for the work they’ve done.
    The platform they created for us is great.
    I would definitely recommend them.

App Development for Social Media Tool Startup

“They provide a personalized service and are punctual, friendly, and professional.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Squareball Studios helped develop algorithms and other functionality for a social media tool that aggregates global analytics. It assigns figurative scores and monetary values to posts and other content.

Co-Founder, Social Media Tool

The app is still ahead of its launch, but impressions are already positive. Squareball is responsive, prompt, and communicative. Everything is delivered on time and their team is nurturing and cohesive.

We have an app that takes worldwide analytics and assigns figurative scores and monetary values to that data.

What challenge were you trying to address with Squareball Studios?

We wanted help with the algorithms that collect data and the API that links to social media.

The product is a mobile app for iOS and Android. We’re currently finishing the last phase. Once the skins, colors, and functionality are complete, we will launch it on the app stores and they will continue to host it for us.

They came up with the algorithm that culls posts, comments, and retweets from our fanbase on Twitter. They broke down the scoring mechanics we use to assign monetary values. In today’s market, who you know matters. They found ways to weight brand ambassadors and important Instagram accounts that sell merchant services while ignoring fake likes, profile sharing, and accounts. We can now determine users’ real social media reach.

We mostly interface with a project manager and Andrew (Co-Founder/Senior Creative Director, Squareball Studios). There is also a younger staff member who helps us. Together, they coordinate meetings and set deadlines.

How did you come to work with Squareball Studios?

My business partner found them. We were shopping for a company to help with this app and liked their work history, price index, and quality of service.

We’ve invested about $100,000 in the app itself.

We started at the end of December 2017 and hope to launch mid-July 2018.

We haven’t launched yet, but we hope to have some clear metrics later this year. Our experience with them is wonderful. They’re very prompt and always respond quickly.

How did Squareball Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We generally communicate through phone, text message, or email. They deliver everything on time and are very communicative. They always respond quickly to my questions.

This is our first endeavor in app development. They provide a personalized service and are punctual, friendly, and professional. It’s a small studio of individuals and they’re very good at what they do and they get the job done.

No, I don’t have any criticisms for them.

They are very particular about their accounting. They have very short grace periods and want to be paid within a few days of billing. Make sure your budgets are in place before you approach them.

We will develop two more apps with them.

App Development for Golf Technology Company

"There weren't a lot of bugs or functionality gaps, and they're very attentive to customers’ needs."

July 2011 - Sept. 2014

Squareball Studios developed an iOS and Android smartphone app and corresponding backends. Key features included GPS location functionality and customizable frontend. They also provided UX/UI design.

Adam Emerson
Founder, SmatCart App

The app that Squareball Studios built was well-received, with 265 participating golf courses and 100,000 active users at its peak. The team corrected bugs quickly. Communication was sometimes slow around deadlines, but the high-quality of their work made them a valuable partner.

I founded a smartphone app called SmartCart. My role was on the product side. I met with customers in order to understand the pain points, then relayed those needs back to Squareball.

What challenge were you trying to address with Squareball Studios?

We originally hired another company to build the app, but they didn't deliver what we were looking for. They essentially gave us a clickable prototype. We were in a bind because we had customers waiting to sign up. We needed to find a new partner that could quickly get a working app to market.

SmartCart is an app to order food and beverages from anywhere on a golf course. GPS functionality allows the course to track your phone and deliver the order out to you. Squareball came in and built everything for us. They created a web-based backend with a map to show where the golfer is on the course at all times. Each course could customize the app with menu offerings, hours of operations, and photos.

Squareball started by building an iOS app and a backend because iPhone had by far the biggest market share. As Android gained traction, they scaled up quickly and got an Android app out as well. The app eventually evolved into a cloud-based point of sale system for the golf industry. They did all of the UX/UI design, as well hosting the app.

We worked with both co-founders of the company.

How did you come to work with Squareball Studios?

I was referred to them by a friend.

We spent between $600,000–$700,000.

We worked with Squareball from July 2011–September 2014.

The functionality they created was good. There were some bugs here and there, but nothing significant. At the app’s peak, we had around 265 participating golf courses with 100,000 active users.

How did Squareball Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the co-founders was our main project manager while we were doing updates and bug fixes. The other co-founder took over later in the life cycle of the product. We kept track of the whole roadmap in Jira. They were always reliable during high-stress times.

They may not be the fastest, but they deliver excellent quality work. There weren't a lot of bugs or functionality gaps, and they're very attentive to customers’ needs.

Speed of delivery was sometimes an issue. The lines of communication could have been better, especially around deadlines. Their response times could improve, in general.

They do the research to understand the market because they want you to do well and be successful. They want your brand to evolve and gain traction as much as you do.

They garner a very solid Net Promoter Score from me.

App Development for Transportation Technology Company

“They are a smaller company so they’re more invested in what they’re doing and what their team is putting out.”

Dec. 2016 - Dec. 2017

Squareball Studios designed a smartphone app for smoother communication between valet companies and clients via push notifications, geolocation, and payment system.

Kaufman, Texas
Tracy McWhorter
President, ValetNow

Although the completion date was missed, Squareball Studios had face-to-face meetings and email communication with the client to ensure design and aesthetics were representative of the client’s vision.

It is a service that allows valet companies and clients easier communication and transactions when it comes to the valet system. I’m the president and creator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Squareball Studios?

I wanted to bring the idea of my app to reality. I went to them with a full layout and they took it from there.

I came to them with a page by page screen layout and they created everything else, including the wireframe. The app is operable on both iPhone and Android platforms with a Web interface for companies to use. The functions include parking spot reservations, push notifications to valet companies with information about their client’s arrival time, client identifiers, push notifications to the client about their car’s whereabouts, timecards for employees, and payments transactions for clients.

There were only a few guys, one of them being a project manager, that I communicated with. I had meetings with them to go over the design and aesthetics, then they would take the work to their other team members.

How did you come to work with Squareball Studios?

I searched “app creation design” via Google and they popped up. They were a company close enough for me to have face-to-face personable and interactive meetings with.

I invested $70,000 with Squareball Studios.

The project started December 2016 and finished December 2017.

I’m still in the marketing stage of the app but the hope is to eventually get more companies onboard.

How did Squareball Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a cloud I could access if I wanted to check the progress of the project. But on the personal aspect side, I would shoot them emails and they were able to respond.

They are a smaller company so they’re more invested in what they’re doing and what their team is putting out. Even though the projected completion date was missed, the quality of the project was representative of what I wanted.

Sit down with them and lay out your expectations in the beginning. Set up those guidelines of how often you want to have recurring phone calls or meetings, instead of just having an expectation that wasn’t vocalized.

Overall Score They did a phenomenal job. Communication at times could have been a little bit better, but again, I don't believe the expectations were fully vocalized.
    Our original completion date was obviously bypassed by about five months.
    Obviously return of income is hard to tell at this point in time. If I can get it rolling, I think it will be phenomenal.
    They did a great job with my intent and putting it into something that was very workable and looked well presented.
    They were great. Again, just walk in with your expectations but be sure to verbalize them.

Web Development for Coupon Platform

"They made the project stress-free and had high energy throughout. I’ve never worked with a more solid company."

Apr. 2017 - Sept. 2017

Provided with a initial concepts, Squareball Studios blueprinted an alpha and beta model website and developed the UX/UI, user account features, and third-party hosting architecture.

Scott Hunter
Founder, Koobel Networks

The team gave instant feedback and was ready to meet in person immediately to resolve issues. They continuously communicated throughout the project and provided real-time web page development updates through Basecamp. Squareball made the project stress-free and listened closely to specific needs.

I am the founder of Koobel Networks, a company that partners with local companies to digitize value-added content such as coupons and advertisements.

What challenge were you trying to address with Squareball Studios?

We wanted to develop a website with third partying hosting.

We first scheduled meetings to discuss our ideas and we blueprinted the initial designs and functionalities of the site. They developed an alpha model and they provided support for our issues and feedback. Their team integrated administrative and individual user account portals and features such as uploading, organizing, distributing, and deleting content. Their developers designed UX/UI and architecture for third-party hosting.

I worked with the owner and logistics manager.

How did you come to work with Squareball Studios?

I used to work with an India-based developer, but they didn’t deliver what I wanted. I wanted to find someone local and found Squareball.

We started working with them in April 2017 through September 2017.

The project launched two weeks ago, and we have not had enough time to gather qualitative or quantitative metrics.

How did perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Basecamp which allowed us to review the web pages being generated throughout the project. The technology also allowed us to see the developer’s comments and suggestions. They scheduled several emails, phone calls, meetings as needed. They were always available for any requests or issues and communicated any questions they might have on specific details.

They gave instant feedback and were ready to meet in-person 20 minutes after I called them. They made the project stress-free and had high energy throughout. I’ve never worked with a more solid company.

I see no areas they can improve as everything was perfect.

I would say to be very straightforward with your needs and to contact them for their work.

Overall Score They are easy to work with, very flexible, and very thoughtful.
    The project lasted a little longer than anticipated, but it wasn't a big concern.
    The price was perfect.
    Their services and deliverables were above expectations.
    I would recommend them for any project.