A British Integrated Marketing Agency

Split An Atom is a multiple award-winning integrated marketing agency with digital, content, and public relations at the forefront of all our work. We provide companies and individuals with the best service possible.

We work with companies of all sizes, from bootstrapped start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. We work with government and healthcare, globally. We also work with tradesmen and creators, including music artists, YouTubers, streamers, and photographers.

Are you looking to start a new business, or give your current one a facelift? Unsure how monetise your existing audience? Not sure how to deal with the demands of the constantly changing ways to stay in touch with your customers? Concerned about potential revenue streams not being explored? Need someone that can provide you with the brilliant marketing that your new product or service deserves?

Your search is over. Welcome to Split An Atom.

Hoylake, United Kingdom

Ministry of Finance for the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, Integrated Movement Arts, Wheatus, Google Maps, BlackBerry, MoroDeco
Canna Thrive - Web Development & Marketing for Cannabis Consulting Firm Image

Canna Thrive - Web Development & Marketing for Cannabis Consulting Firm

"They demonstrated a real commitment to my brand."

- Canna Thrive (https://clutch.co/profile/split-atom#review-399494)

Online Elite Logo Image

Online Elite Logo

We created a logo for Online Elite.

Asylum Logo Image

Asylum Logo

We created a stylish, modern logo for Asylum.

Hammy Havoc Logo Image

Hammy Havoc Logo

We created a series of logo for Hammy Havoc to represent his various personas as a professional, a producer, and as an artist.

The Orion Correlation - Divine Debris Artwork Image

The Orion Correlation - Divine Debris Artwork

We created the artwork for The Orion Correlation's debut EP entitled Divine Debris.

Web Development & SEO for Photography Company

“Compared to other vendors I’ve worked with, they’re incredibly fast and on top of everything.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Keeping SEO in mind, Split an Atom developed and designed a WordPress site for a photography business. The team endowed the site with features like booking, gallery viewing, and a clear navigation.

Jon Busby
Owner, The Portrait Kitchen

Split an Atom’s excellent web work has driven business. They’ve delivered creative solutions that have exceeded the client’s expectations. Utilizing a structured approach to project management, the team ensured a smooth workflow. They addressed all client requests in an incredibly speedy manner.

I’m the owner of Portrait Kitchen, and we’re a photography business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Split an Atom?

We needed a professional, high-quality website with a good landing page, clear navigation, and booking functionality.

They provided web design and web hosting services over a 2–3 week period. I initially drafted an email with a rough explanation of what I wanted. After that, they set out to create a WordPress website.

They incorporated a gallery—which is an important aspect of selling a photography service—and a short “about us” page. The website also features clear navigation.

The team also provided SEO services, insofar that they made the website as SEO compliant as it could possibly be. They edited and delivered the copy and content for the site, as well. They’d let me know if I’d used an expression too many times, or if another term was better for Google search results.

Often times, after I requested a certain feature, they’d come back and suggest a better alternative. They also implemented any requested change almost immediately. Their team definitely knew what they were doing.

I worked with two members of their team. One was in charge of web design and configuring different plugins. The other worked to generate and embed content into the site.

How did you come to work with Split an Atom?

I’d known the CEO from Twitter, for about 10 years now. We’d stayed in touch off and on, but I reached out to them after I decided I needed a website.

The original build cost around $300. We pay an additional $60–70 a year for hosting services, and pay the maintenance fees whenever something needs a change.

The project lasted from October–November 2018.

The new website has driven business, as we definitely get 4­–5 more clients monthly. Their speed in delivering the website, as well as their creativity in incorporating features I hadn’t even thought of, were both very impressive.

I had initially pointed to another business’s website as a reference for what I was looking for. Split an Atom said they could make an even better website, and they did. Compared to other vendors I’ve worked with, they’re incredibly fast and on top of everything. I loved that the workflow was took the form of a structured, organized process.

How did Split an Atom perform from a project management standpoint?

It was outstanding. They were efficient and responsive, and the rate at which they completed the project was incredible.

They set up an efficient workflow. There was a project dashboard where I could request specific tasks. They’d implement a requested feature or fix within 24 hours of input. This eliminated the need for long email chains, which I really appreciated.

They have such a breadth of design and technical knowledge. They also made the engagement feel very personal; although they were a remote team, they made me feel like I was part of their team.

No, I can’t think of anything. I was very happy with their work.

I’d certainly advise engaging with them. They have excellent customer service, where they’ll deliver what you need—even if you didn’t know what you were missing.

WordPress E-Commerce Site for Window Box Retailer

"Split An Atom is responsive, creative, and fast but doesn't compromise on quality."

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Split An Atom developed an e-commerce website using WordPress for a window box retailer. They provided a range of services, including web hosting, content management, SEO, and analytics implementation.

Jenner Martin
Founding Director, Living Windows Ltd

The website outshines the previous iteration and fully meets business needs. Split An Atom managed the project efficiently through cloud-based tools.

Living Windows is a London based urban project with a global mindset setting intentions to create an eco-friendlier city environment by making gardening from home easier and more accessible.

We provide a marketplace for customers to find window boxes of their own design, streamlining transport of the boxes to the home, and giving customers the opportunity to learn how to plant themselves or have our service do it for them, every home—whether it be a tall apartment building or converted house—can contribute to making the air cleaner and the city greener.

I am the Office and Operations Manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Split An Atom?

We needed our Wordpress based e-commerce website refreshed and functional.

We had used another I.T consultant to initially build our website. But this was unsuccessful, so we needed knowledgable and reliable consultants to assist us with the development and completion of our website.

The vendor was selected via a personal recommendation.

• Webhosting.
  • Content Management.
  • Design and Media.
  • SEO Optimisation.
  • Review and implementation of analytics.
  • Inventory Management.
  • Responsive Design/Mobile Optimisation.
  • Social Media Links and Integration.
  • Shopping Cart and Payment Tools.

I believe the team consisted of two people.

The outcome of the project has resulted in our website being much improved and of high quality. It is fully functional and meets the needs of our business.

Project management was responsive and of a very high standard. It was mainly managed via their cloud based online project management tool.

Split An Atom is responsive, creative, and fast but doesn't compromise on quality.

None that are apparent.

Overall Score 10/10
    Very responsive and available.
    Very reasonable cost.
    Good quality.
    Very likely to recommend.

Audio Engineering for Environmental Video Project

"They saw our project as a mutual collaboration to build something spectacular."

Jan. - Apr. 2019

Split An Atom provided sound engineering services to enhance existing audio. Using given footage sequences and notes, they refined the audio to suit the desired narrative.

Guyana
Alexander Arjoon
Founder, Reel Guyana

The project earned high praise from the public, especially for the clear audio quality. Passionate and committed, Split An Atom served as real partners in the collaboration. That makes all the difference in creative projects.

I am the founder and CEO of REEL Guyana. An environmental film production company bringing awareness to environmental issues within Guyana.

For what projects/services did your company hire Split An Atom?

We hired Split An Atom to enhance the quality of our audio as it is a very important part of film production and our project on the whole.

Our goals for this project was to give viewers a greater appreciation for Guyana's natural resources and environment through excellent visuals and audio.

I selected this vendor after looking for audio engineers online. After a brief discussion with Hammy I knew instantly that Split An Atom was a company that would deliver the quality of service I needed.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

The process was straightforward. I put together the videos sequentially from my end (maybe with a few notes) and then Split An Atom was able to take the unfinished product and create the perfect tone through sound engineering to fit our desired narrative.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Split An Atom was able to manage these projects super efficiently and always made themselves available for feedback and discussion. I never once felt that the project was not in capable hands from a sound perspective.

The project we worked on was well received by the public and many positive comments were made on the crystal clear quality of the audio within our videos.

Extremely effective.

The fact that Split An Atom is so passionate about their process as well as being super committed was one of the biggest things for me. They saw our project as a mutual collaboration to build something spectacular as opposed to having just a platonic business relationship. In the arts this obviously goes a long way.

Not that I can think of.

Scheduling was never an issue
    Split An Atom was very reasonable about budgets and what I was able to afford based on my needs. They are very accommodating.
    I was very happy with the quality of work

Book Editing & Formatting for Self-Published Author

“I’m impressed with how professional and patient they are.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Split An Atom is in the final stages of editing the content and page layout of a book of poetry.

Cleveland, Ohio
Diamond Smith-Penn
Author, Self-Published Book

Split An Atom’s professional approach and clear communication inspire confidence. The team is helpful, patient, and knowledgeable, making them an ideal partner for a self-published author.

I am a self-published writer working on my second book of poetry.

For what projects/services did your company hire Split An Atom?

Split An Atom helped with the editing and formatting of my book.

This book has taken me a few years to write, so I wanted everything to be perfect.

I posted on Twitter that I needed someone to edit my book of poetry, and Split An Atom was one of the companies that responded to my tweet. I checked out their website and saw that they were within my price range, so I decided to go with them.

Split An Atom is making sure that my book is free from spelling or grammar errors. They’re also adjusting the alignment on all of the pages so that it would be perfect for printing on Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing service.

I’ve worked with Mary (Head of PR, Split An Atom).

My book will be finished by the end of the month. So far, Split An Atom has produced amazing work. I anticipate better results compared to my first book, which I edited myself.

Split An Atom is prompt about giving me all of the information required. Mary and I communicate mostly online, which has worked out quite well. I would respond to her as soon as I could and answer whatever questions she had for me. She is super nice and answered all of my questions promptly.

I’m impressed with how professional and patient they are. Plus, Mary has been so sweet, doing everything that I’ve asked of her. She is quite knowledgeable about what she is doing.

Not at all. Everything has been perfect.

I’ll definitely be enlisting the help of Split An Atom for future projects.

Book Editing for Children's Book

“They have an acute eye for detail.”

Sept. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Split An Atom provided editorial and proofreading services for a children’s book series. They checked both the grammar and the tone and style for the series’ intended age group.

Wiltshire, UK
Vanessa Vinos
Business Owner, LUXURIA

The editing and proofreading by Split An Atom were excellent, with all suggestions offered with full explanations and comments. The team displayed their expertize and editorial ability throughout, while utilizing an easy-to-use, smooth platform to oversee the process.

I’m the author of children's books.

For what projects/services did your company hire Split An Atom?

I needed a full editorial review and proofread of each book in my series.

To make sure there were no grammatical errors in the books, and that they read well for the age group they were intended for.

I found them through a recommendation on social media.

We discussed exactly what I was looking for, and then everything up for the editing and proofreading efficiently and quickly.

I worked directly with Mary Ann (Head of PR & Editor, Split Atom) who was excellent. She’s professional, speedy, helpful with suggestions, and very good at what she does.

They have an acute eye for detail and left no stone unturned. I implemented all of their artistic suggestions as they clearly know the industry and the specific genre of children’s books very well. I was extremely confident when working with Mary Ann and taking all her recommendations forward.

It was very effective. As soon as the project was started, everything ran like clockwork. They set up a platform where all the books and comments were all stored together. It was very easy to log in and see all the recent suggestions and recommendations.

They’re extremely knowledgeable about what works and what doesn't work for the age range I write for. The suggestions were always backed up with reasons and explanations.

No. Everything ran smoothly, and I was very happy working with them.

Overall Score They're outstanding on all levels.
    It was perfect.
    Reasonable, especially for their level of professionalism and industry knowledge.
    There was first class service on all levels.
    I've already recommended them to people.

Book Editing & Formatting for Independent Author

"I was impressed by how easy they were to speak and work with."

Jan. - May 2018

Split An Atom edited, proofread, and formatted a novel.

College Station, Texas
Coushatta LaRue
Author

Diligent and detail-oriented, Split An Atom delivered a timely and professional product. Their attentive and dedicated customer service facilitated seamless communication and productive collaboration.

I am an author and self-publisher.

For what projects/services did your company hire Split An Atom?

I hired them to edit and format my horror, sci-fi, and action novel, A Way Home

My goal was to bring my book as close to perfection as possible.

Their website appeared during my Kindleboards search for online editors.

They edited, formatted, and proofread my book.

I worked primarily with the editor, Mary Ann Mahoney, but I also spoke with the owner from time to time as well.

My novel was well done and completed in a timely manner.

The workflow was smooth and efficient. Mary was kind, understanding, and patient, and quickly responded to all of my questions.

I was impressed by how easy they were to speak and work with. They were also flexible with their payments, which I had not been expecting.

There are none I can think of. I enjoyed working with them and look forward to future collaborations.

Overall Score They are a great company that delivers great work. I will be working with them again.
    They were quick to respond to my emails.
    They offered a very good price.
    I am already referring them to others.

Editing and Formatting of Self-Published Book

"After I had a poor experience with a different editor, Split An Atom went out of their way to help me at no cost."

Dec. 2017 - June 2018

Split An Atom took over the editing and publishing process of a book from an unsuitable vendor. They polished all written content and formatted the novel for binding and e-readers.

Wisconsin, USA
Angus Nicneven
Independent Author

The book has been published and is now available on Amazon. Split An Atom offered their services at no cost, but it was high quality and professional. They communicated well and offered astute observations and edits for the betterment of the book.

I am an independent author.

For what projects/services did your company hire Split An Atom?

My book required editing and formatting for the final draft.

My goal was to have my novel edited and published.

I was working with a different editor, but they did not complete the work I paid for. In my search for a new editor, Split An Atom reached out to me to provide their services.

They edited the entire book, leaving notes within the document where my attention was needed. Further, Split An Atom provided formatting services for my novel, leaving me with clean files for bound and e-reader versions of my book.

There were two members of Split An Atom assisting this project as needed.

My book is now available on Amazon.

They offered use of ActiveCollab to communicate and share files, but we did a lot of work within Word. I consider this a small-scale project, but it’s still about 230,000 words. They worked quickly and professionally.

After I had a poor experience with a different editor, Split An Atom went out of their way to help me at no cost. I cannot thank them enough for their hard work and generosity.

Web Development & Marketing for Cannabis Consulting Firm

"They demonstrated a real commitment to my brand."

Split an Atom created a modern website for a consulting firm, as well as branding materials, including a logo. Additionally, they provide ongoing digital marketing consultations.

London, Ontario
Ryan Kelly
CFO, Canna Thrive

Users respond with consistently positive feedback about the website. Split an Atom’s creative team offers unique solutions while being responsive to any scope changes. They provide quality deliverables on budget and adapt to any timeline adjustments.

I’m the CFO of Canna Thrive, an Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) consulting firm based in Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with Split an Atom?

We wanted an impactful, modern website that accurately conveys our brand and reflects Canada’s growing cannabis industry.

While we had existing branding, we decided to go in a different direction. Split an Atom started from scratch, providing web development and logo design work. I provided my basic ideas and we then gave them the freedom to be as creative as possible.

They rely on their graphic design expertise to create advertising materials for us, and they also provide digital marketing consulting on a day-to-day basis.

I work with two or three people on this project.

How did you come to work with Split an Atom?

I’ve known Bryan (Marketing Director, Split an Atom) for quite some time. We’ve worked together on projects in the past, so I knew he was a strong graphic designer and I had faith in his abilities. I was also impressed by Split an Atom’s work after Bryan introduced me to their team.

I spent around $5,500.

We started working together in January 2018 and our relationship is ongoing.

We receive feedback from users every single day. They love the website and I, too, am thrilled with the design.

How did Split an Atom perform from a project management standpoint?

I decided to make a last-minute adjustment to our website before launch. I called them after hours and they dropped everything to ensure my goals were met. They demonstrated a real commitment to my brand.

We use ActiveCollab to coordinate. This software was new to us and presented a bit of a learning curve, but we picked it up quickly. I also sent them information via texts.

I went to Split an Atom because I wanted designers who could think outside the box. They’re very creative and we work together diligently to create cohesive solutions. I always appreciate the quality of their deliverables.

They do an excellent job, but I believe all vendors should constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve their client’s satisfaction. I don’t have any complaints, but I trust them to proactively identify ways to strengthen our relationship.

Overall Score I’ve been blown away by everything they’ve done for us. They created a quality website quickly and on budget.
    They take deadlines into consideration and adapt to any scheduling changes.
    I’m always surprised by the quality I receive for relatively little cost.
    They meet my expectations and teach me along the way.

Web and Mobile App Development for Graphic Design Studio

"I appreciate the way they guided me through a forest of new information."

Nov. 2016 - Dec. 2016

In one month, Split an Atom designed and developed a website and complimentary mobile app to showcase graphic design portfolio items and increase business. The mobile app is available on iOS and Android.

London, UK
Founder, Graphic Design Studio

Split an Atom’s work has improved the studio’s credibility and has received positive feedback from website visitors. The mobile app allows portfolio items to be shown easily and effectively. The team was hands-on and had open channels of communication 24 hours per day.

I’m the creative director of a London-based graphic design studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Split An Atom?

I wanted a contemporary and modern platform where we could showcase our work and our talent. Having a successful website helps to increase clients, so I was happy to do what it took to get that.

We first had a consultation that I found very helpful. They presented options showing what they could deliver and the timeframe to do so. They set up an online portal that allowed us to see the work they were doing and make suggestions.

The website showcases our portfolio and allows users to post content and directly contact us. The site really shows what we’re about as a design studio. They also designed an app for Android and iOS, which has the same features as the website.

How did you come to work with Split An Atom?

A good friend had engaged them for his website. He was thrilled with it and recommended them to me.

How much have you invested with Split An Atom?

I’ve paid £2,000 [$2,500] for their services.

We started working together in November 2016 and the project was completed in December of that year. The whole process took less than a month. Even though the work is done, they gave me the option of reaching out to them if I need any small tweaks, and they won’t charge me for that.

The website has given the design studio a higher level of creditability. Clients have told me that they really like it. Split An Atom gave me a report last month showing the traffic we’re getting on the site. It’s having a beneficial impact. Now, I’m able to use the app when I’m visiting clients. I can show them our work in a split second.

How did Split An Atom perform from a project management standpoint?

I think they’re some of the best project managers. I’ve even incorporated some of their approach into my own business. One of the most useful tools is their 24-hour email system. It really gave me the chance to reflect on the site at every point in the project and let them know about the changes I wanted. When I met with my business partners after hours, we could respond and ensure that the work was done the following day. Additionally, they always met their deadlines.

What did you find most impressive about Split An Atom?

They’re very hands-on, which I really liked. I think that mirrored my design approach. I felt that they looked after my project and that was one of the biggest criteria for me. I don’t have a technology background, so I appreciate the way they guided me through a forest of new information.

Are there any areas Split An Atom could improve?

At the beginning of the project, I wanted some features that were out of my budget. I don’t think I had the clarity on why I couldn’t have these things because I didn’t understand the technical terms they used. It would have been helpful to have things explained in a way I could understand.

Overall Score I’m happy with the service, and I would definitely go back again.
    They always met their deadlines, and I trusted them with the timelines.
    I thought the price was fair.
    There are little things I noticed later on that I now want to be changed, which will be costly.
    They gave me a feeling of safety and reassurance.

Web and App Development and Advertising for Fitness Company

"Split An Atom has enabled me to put everything together and get ahead."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Split An Atom developed a complex web platform and mobile app with user profiles and video functionalities both online and offline. The team provides advertising to reach the target market.

London, UK
Founder, Integrated Movement Arts

Split An Atom has helped the client differentiate their product in the market. Users are satisfied with using the platform, including booking appointments and tracking progress. The client has received several inquiries for 2017. The team keeps to deadlines and communicates clearly.

We are a personal training and coaching company based in London, England. We provide one-to-one, group, and online training for the general public, athletes, and various school facilities. We were launched in early-2015 and have around 5 employees.

I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Split An Atom?

I've been a gym owner before and wanted to produce a platform that could combine several different capabilities, including individual profiles for all members. I wanted to have a sort of syllabus for fitness, which would allow users to train in their own time and reach their fitness goals.

Split An Atom developed our online platform and app. We had some initial meetings discussing our business model and what types of facilities were available to us. At the time, I had a starting base for the product, which I sent to Split An Atom. After their initial feedback, I realized what my business really required. We worked together to move forward.

In terms of the website development, we use OneNote for sketches; it allows me to highlight the places where I want changes and amendments. Split An Atom usually takes care of my requests quickly, and also provides advice on what can and can't be done.

Security was of great importance to us, given that we were hosting clients' personal health information. Split An Atom advised me on how to best approach that.

Once the website was up, we focused on our iOS and Android app, as well as the backend development. Our mobile app makes it easier for our users to work offline if they don't have access to the internet at their gyms. This was in response to one of the main feedback points we received.

After this step, I used Split An Atom's help to promote the product and push it forward. They helped with things like public relations and distributing press releases. We focused on general brand awareness and reaching out to our target audience. We also have a self-propagating SEO [search engine optimization] system which Split An Atom has implemented and explained to us.

Internally, we have an employee dealing with marketing aspects, but Split An Atom has been a cost-effective way of handling edits, proofreads, and advertising. I know what my demographic is, but not the best means to reach them. This is where Split An Atom has been helpful.

How did you come to work with Split An Atom?

I was introduced to Split An Atom by a relative who knew that I wanted to build more than just a simple page.

How much have you invested with Split An Atom

The cost of Split An Atom's work has been between £60,000 and £65,000 [US$73,230 - 79,332.50] for my platform. I have also contracted Split An Atom for a year of ongoing service in terms of proofreading, marketing, and SEO, which will have a cost of between £10,000 and £15,000 [US$12,205 - 18,307.50].

We started working with Split An Atom in January 2015. The initial project for setting up the site and making it function well had a one-year duration, and is still ongoing on the app side. We aim to finish the app in January. The marketing effort was started recently, within the last 3 months.

I had some general ideas for the platform, but they weren't exclusive to our company; other people were doing the same things. Once Split An Atom's team introduced me to what new technology could achieve, we were able to create facilities which no other company offers.

Every one of my clients has their own profile page, and they can use videos during their training sessions for reference and motion analysis. As opposed to using different apps for account management or booking appointments, we can offer everything in-house, within a single platform. I can review all of our accounts on the platform and receive payments. I had been on-par with everyone else in the industry, but Split An Atom has enabled me to put everything together and get ahead.

Every single client of mine needs to be registered on the site for information exchange, booking appointments, making transactions, and so on. In the early days, the process seemed slightly complicated for some of them, but as they got used to it, and as we ironed out a few bugs, everyone has been happy with the service. I still need to add more content on our end, but my customers are happy with the fact that our material is available anywhere, from mobile to laptops, with the same quality.

Our aim is to kick-off our marketing and PR campaign in time for January 2017. I've already received many inquiries from local searches and other channels. We've also received many referrals, which I put down to the quality of the service as well as the marketing.

How did Split An Atom perform from a project management standpoint?

In the early days, project management was a bit difficult. We had a system for both of our teams to use, which Split An Atom was in the early stages of setting up. Once it was fully put in place, our process became quite pleasant.

We have a project management system on the platform itself, which we can use as a task manager and communications tool. Much of our communication initially consisted of regular calls and appointments, but the system has become more tech-oriented and efficient. Split An Atom has been very good at keeping deadlines, better than me. They've been able to continue the work even when I don't manage to provide photography or other material in time.

We don't communicate as often now, but there's no need for it.

What did you find most impressive about Split An Atom?

Our project has been quite complicated. Had I been working with another firm, they may not have been able to explain everything to me as well as Split An Atom has. I've approached developers who spoke in technical jargon which I didn't understand. Split An Atom communicated clearly, keeping in mind that I may not know about specific technologies. This was a key factor, given that I want to learn how things work, instead of having someone create everything for me.

Are there any areas Split An Atom could improve?

Split An Atom could have given me a better understanding of who is in charge of different aspects of the marketing and PR work.

Split An Atom provided a competitive price for extensive service.
    I have recommended Split An Atom for more simple projects.